South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 04:17 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Fired Up Friday Chat!

Morning, Chickies!

I've been so bad about being in the daily...so I'm starting you off, bright and early (before I go to bed! )

Have a beautiful morning...I'll check back in this afternoon. I have to run posters for our Theology on Tap event to local businesses, try to write some Christmas cards, and maybe do some scrapbooking. We'll see!
Old 01-12-2007, 07:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I just finished a long chatty post, then hit the wrong button and lost it all!!!! I'm still getting used to this new keyboard on my laptop.

I'm enjoying my coffee while waiting for DS to drop off Amber. She and I will spend the morning together while Audrey & Maggie are in school, then we're all going out to lunch and then spend the afternoon at the MoonBounce Park. So it should be an easy day for me.
The scale was good to me today, I'm down another 1/2 lb. I'm going to wait until Monday to adjust my ticker, though. Maybe by then I'll lose a little more. Weekends are my biggest challenge, but I'm determined to make it to my goal this time.

Beachgal ~ I hope you are sleeping right now, I don't know how you can stay up so late! It's so good to see you posting again, how are you doing? Take good care of yourself.

My coffee needs refilling, and my oatmeal is ready, so I'm signing off for now.
TGIF!
Old 01-12-2007, 07:03 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Beachgal, you doing all nighters again? I hope you are getting enough sleep. I know where you live!!!!

It's just at the freezing point this morning with rain predicted but the weatherman says below normal temps for the next two weeks, way below normal! This will make up for the spring we've had since the end of November. The ice fisherman will be happy and so will the snowmobilers if we get some snow too! Right now the lakes have just a skim of ice near the shores - three years ago the guys were driving trucks out on it to fish! Talk about climate change!

The only thing that's a "must" today is Lucy's fur-cut at ten. I've got lots to do around here while she's gone - wood to bring in, outdoor decorations to stash away and Fair Board stuff to start. I may even be able to work in another hour or so of sewing and an hour of knitting for The Great Mitten Challenge. (Ontario Fairs are collecting hand-knit mitts for kids next winter - no judging or prizes, just the number of pairs.)

Doggage want out so I'm outta here too. Have a lovely day. Back later.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:05 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, I hate when that happens! I've got a Google spell check and sometimes I hit the refresh arrows instead of the checker and whoosh....gone! Enjoy your day with your Girls. Every time you post about them, I am envious. For legged "girls" are just not the same as real grandkids!
Old 01-12-2007, 08:44 AM   #5  

Morning

Busy day today. Grocery shopping for DM and us, and going to try to get to the gym before I do that.

Painting the den this weekend so I have to get paint for that as well.

Have a great day. BBL.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:55 AM   #6  

Goooooooood Bright N Shiny Morning All!!! :flow:

BG: I hope your aren't getting a case of insomnia!
Ruth: Sounds like another chockfull day in the Delta.
Cottage: I think that happened to me yesterday????!!! I know I posted on the Daily but it wasn't there
SBLynn: I'll be doing some major shopping today too. Off to "Sams" or as I like to call it "the $200 Club" We go there to stock up on all our meats 3 or 4 times a year.

I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed-- as DH and I decided to build our own home and do the general contracting. So much to do! So much to know! But by doing it ourselves well save about $30,000.
Time to hit the showers!
Old 01-12-2007, 08:56 AM   #7  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Morning, all. Could be a loooooong day around here. Both coworkers in my area are gone...leaving me all alone to handle problems if any arrise. Found out from Mom last night that my grandma is in the hospital with pneumonia yesterday. She was also diagnosed with emphazema earlier in the week. We're all praying for her recovery, but none of us are sure she wants to at this point.

We're in for a miserable weekend weather-wise. My driveway is already a sheet of ice (slid down on my backside this morning).

Welp, I've been summoned. I'll be back later to catch up.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:18 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

HELLOOOOOOOOO!

I know, I've been MIA, but I really haven't been too bad. Of course, today starts vacation. We're going to St Louis tonight and flying out to Key West tomorrow! WOO HOO! I'll be in Key West in 1 day!

Just thought I'd pop in and let you know how things were going. Hubby and I are still "alright" most of the time, but we're hanging in there. Hopefully this vacation does some good for us.

Hope you all have a fabulous time while I'm gone. I'm sure there will be pictures for you all to see when I get back. Talk to you soon!

Lisa
Old 01-12-2007, 09:19 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chicks. It is sunny and mild here this morning. It is so nice to see the sun. Was not around yesterday I have been feeling a little overwhelmed this week. DH is DRIVING ME CRAZY. and I am so emotionally tired, I looke like I have aged 5 years. And I have gone opposite to my normal stressfull self, I am not eating. I have been forcing myself to eat my 3 meals but it has been a struggle. Then to top it all off wake up to aunt flo. The day just keeps getting better and better. Sorry about the vent chicks.

beachgal- So nice to see you back posting. Jump back on that bandwagon you can do it. Why are you doing christmas cards. You are far to organised if you are already doing your cards.Take care and have a great day.

cottage congrats on another 1/2 pound, I am determined to meet my goal weight this time as well. We can do it. Have a great day with your girls.

Ruth- Morning. I used to be able to knit mittens. I wish I had the time for crafts, maybe later this year. Enjoy your day.

Schatzi Have fun at Sams I love going shopping at place like that. Enjoy your day.

jetsetter- Hope your day is not to crazy. Take it easy when you can.

SBLynn Good morning hope you have fun picking out paint. Do you know that color you want?

Well I must dash and try to get some laundry done. I think I may nap when the kids do today. Have a good day.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Gooood Morning from a much warmer chick! It's already 55 here!
I had a much better day yesterday....I didn't skip any meals at all. I was afraid too!! After the start I got off to in the morning yesterday! I went to water aerobics last night and had a really good time there...the people that are going now are alot of fun to visit with while we exercise.
My yogurt breakfast isn't as tasty as usual this morning...I'm having to kinda force myself to eat it!! But I'm really starting to not want EGGS!!! I'm looking forward to eating some oatmeal or some sort of cereal! Well...P2 is on it's way...Tuesday is my last P1 day! the countdown is on!
Old 01-12-2007, 10:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

FRIDAY'S FINALLY HERE!

***If it were okay to dance around the office, I would be!***

Morning chickies--lots of chatting going on already!

PHinsUP: Good grief, can't believe it's 55 there. I hope it warms up by 5 when I go walking with a buddy! It's great you're having such a great time with your water aerobics buddies! I bet it makes you forget the fact that you're working out.

little chick: I hope you get out of your stressful funk soon. I know it's hard, but I think it's great that you're making sure you're eating. Well, the weekend's almost here and the sun is shining where you are, so maybe that'll help!

Weezle:Have a GREAT time in Key West, I'm sure you will. We do miss hearing from you!

jetsetter: Wow, jet, sounds like you've had a rough start this morning. I hope everything with Grandma works out. I'm sending my prayers along as well! Hope you're backside doesn't end up black & blue!

Schatzi: Wow! What a big difference doing it yourself can make! I know that it'll be stressful for you, but we'll be here to lend an ear if you get overwhelmed.

SBLynn: Shopping, shopping, shopping! Sounds like you and I are doing the same thing today!

Ruth: Goodness, ma'am! Busy day for you! You seem to have such a full life and you really enjoy it! I think that's awesome!!

cottage: I've done that so many times before! Don't you just hate it?! Sounds like a fun day of bouncing with all those giggling girls! WTG on the 1/2 lb!

beachgal: Morning, beachgal! I hope you're sleeping!
Old 01-12-2007, 10:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

ME: I almost forgot to let you all know what's going on with me!

DH is back in town. It's nice to have him home again. I think we're both planning on taking it easy this weekend. I've got some cleaning and ironing to do, but other than that, no big plans.

I've got great news! A few friends from work and I are going to join a weight loss support group! I think, if anything, it will just give me a chance to be accountable (a monthly weight-loss winner will win a cash prize) and meet some new people who are probably going through the same thing I am! I'm really excited about it.

Well, off to finish my Friday. It's been a good week at work, but for some reason, I am really glad the weekend's almost here. Time to get back to the daily grind!! Have a great day, chickies!
Old 01-12-2007, 10:17 AM   #13  
RNMOM

Default Hi!

Hi all. Schools are closed here today because we have -34 degrees!!!!!!!!! That's with the wind chill, however, I think Alaska is warmer than us right now. Unfortunately, the ER isn't closed so I had to come to work....boohoo.

I got up again this AM to do some weights and sit ups. My weight loss in week two has come to a standstill. That usually happens with me, I get all excited the first week and then the second week I'm way slow. That's OK, I am starting to feel better.

Ruth, have fun with your doggage today, you should post a picture of Lucy after her furcut.

beachgal, trying to write Christmas cards???? Uhmm, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news........(whispering) Christmas is over........

cottage, way to go scale loser!!!!!!

SBLynn, have fun painting, I would like to do that this weekend.

Schatzi, I want you to come to Idaho STAT for an immediate mental evaluation done by me!!!! Building your own house???? Are you nuts?
Actually that should be a lot of fun...................................

jetsetter, sending good vibes to your grandma!

Weezle, didn't know you and dh were struggling Florida should be just what you need. Have a blast!

little chick I hope your day gets better. Everything is bad enough and then to have Aunt Flo....sorry, be sure to eat.

Phins...if it was 55 here today I would think I needed to plant something or mow something. It's so cold here it hurts to be outside!

Well, so far only one patient in the ER today....I hope to be able to get some homework done today.

Hubby is now touring in London, too bad he's missing the cold front here.

Everyone have a great day!!!!!
Old 01-12-2007, 10:19 AM   #14  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone!!! Thought I would stop in before I head to work.
Lisa - Key West....one of my favorite places of all time!!! Mallory Square, Hog's Breathe...don't forget to bring back a pair of Kino's sandals - so comfortable! I'll be checking the live web cams to see if I can see you!! (just
kidding!)
My "offical" weight in day is tomorrow, but I couldn't wait...guess what I'm down a total of 8lbs woo -hoo!
Well sorry I didn't repond to everyone, but I must get ready for work - have a wonderful day.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:19 AM   #15  
RNMOM

Default Hi

Hey Kim, we posted together! Have a great weekend. Support group is great. I've been teaching a nutrition class for some women in my church group and it's been good for me. It does help to be accountable to others.
Closed Thread