100 lb. Club - The ONE reason I'm staying on plan today:

Pages : [1] 2

rockinrobin
01-11-2007, 08:56 AM
I'd like to make this a daily thread. One in which we could start the day off with ONE reason for sticking to our new lifestyles. It could be health related, vanity related or anything else that comes to our minds. For me there are certain days that I need to be reminded and I say to myself "Ummm, why am I doing this again?" I think it could provide us all with some motivation. And of course there are more then ONE reason that we're sticking to our plans, but what's THE one that's gonna do it for you today?

rockinrobin
01-11-2007, 09:01 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is:

I went clothes shopping the other day and I absolutely loved the fact that I didn't have to shop in the plus-sized stores. It was a GREAT feeling and I never, ever want to be limited to a mere 3 or 4 stores to shop ever, ever again. And then to add insult to injury they charge sooo much more for their clothing and the selection is so tiny as compared to the regular sized stores. So, yes I need to remind myself of that fact today.

Mrs Quadcrew
01-11-2007, 09:01 AM
Because this is the first thing in my life that I am doing for ME.

wchs2007
01-11-2007, 09:04 AM
I am also IN LOVE WITH SHOPPING FOR CLOTHES...Its AWSOME...

djs06
01-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Yay clothes!

Great thread idea, Rockinrobin :)

Because one of my best friends is getting married and we're looking for the dresses this summer.... and because I only get to see my girlfriend every two weeks and maybe after a few visits she'll be able to notice a difference :)

okiechick
01-11-2007, 09:47 AM
I RAN up a flight of stars yesterday and did NOT get winded....I love feeling stronger and more healthy every day.

GREAT THREAD!

Ivanna B. Skinny
01-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Because I didnt sit on the couch all day long watching TV like I really wanted to...I took a walk, and it felt great!

CrispyMama
01-11-2007, 10:06 AM
Great idea!

I'm commited today because getting up this morning and having energy to get out of bed and start working on the tasks I wanted to do felt WONDERFUL!!

This is a big contrast to feeling like I was in a food coma when I woke up and going straight for the junk food (sugar) and a day filled with short sugar highs, horible sugar crashes and no energy. That was a miserable life.

Thanks for the great thread idea Rockinrobin!
As someone who never shoped in regular size clothes stores in her adult life, but plans to in 2007, are the clothes realy cheaper? Cool!

rockinrobin
01-11-2007, 10:10 AM
As someone who never shoped in regular size clothes stores in her adult life, but plans to in 2007, are the clothes realy cheaper? Cool!

YES THEY ARE!!!! And considerably cheaper at that. And the selection is ENORMOUS. A bit overwhelming in fact. But I'm not complaining.

Casey4
01-11-2007, 10:15 AM
because I deserve healthy fuel for my body, mind and soul! I have really come to the realization that this improved lifestyle is something I do FOR me rather than TO me!

Thanks Robin for the great thread!

Kathy

djs06
01-11-2007, 10:21 AM
I don't know about you ladies, but I'm SOO Excited to go into the cheesy cheap stores and get a TON of clothes when I can fit into them. wOO HOO!

barbygirl43
01-11-2007, 10:22 AM
http://pregnancy.dropshots.com/photos/50474/20061225/b_181852.jpg
A Picture says it best. :)

CrispyMama
01-11-2007, 10:26 AM
YES THEY ARE!!!! And considerably cheaper at that. And the selection is ENORMOUS. A bit overwhelming in fact. But I'm not complaining.

Congratulations on your shopping achievment!!! And thanks for the price info. I was wondering how I would be able to aford to buy all new clothes, not that I wear tons of clothes, but a handfull of outfits, under things, and outerwear. I worried it would cost alot!

Now it's so exciting to think about! I cant wait!

LisaMarie71
01-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Fantastic idea for a thread!

I'm not quite to the point where I can shop in regular stores yet. I can get a few things here and there, but I don't like things tight no matter how much I've lost, so I end up going back to plus sections for shirts at least. So that's my one reason today -- to NEVER have to go to the plus section for ANYthing!!! I don't even want to have to consider it!!

zoritsa
01-11-2007, 10:52 AM
The one reason I am staying on plan today....because it makes my body feel good when I only put whole,healthy foods into my body.I want my body to feel good and love me because I fed it good foods today.

rockinrobin
01-11-2007, 11:04 AM
I just want to make it clear that I have not shopped in ALL regular sized shops just yet. The only store I've shopped in is Macy's. I don't know how many of you have one near you. It's a department store here on the east coast and I LOVE it. They practically have a great sale everyday. And now that the holidays are over they're practically giving the stuff away. They do have a Women's section, but I had been too big to shop in it. It only went up to a 24 and I was a 26/28. And their 3x's were not big enough for me. So when I started losing weight I was happy to see that I could go back into their large sized department. And things there were getting too large, so I scooted down to the 2nd floor and there was this huge, beyond belief huge, department of regular sized clothing. Item after item of beautiful things. I have to hold myself back, keep myself from buying too much, because I don't want any of the stuff I'm buying now to fit me next winter. ;) I want it to be too large on me.

LondonJulz
01-11-2007, 11:19 AM
because I looked at the "my virtual model" site last night and tinkered with the weights.... and I would look DANG hot at my ideal weight.... that picture, oddly enough made me really want this bad!!! It was nifty to see a comparison to my body now and my body 100 pounds from now. So, I'm a sexy mama under all this fat!!! :cool:

NESunshine
01-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Hot thread!
Because I want to be in Onderland by the time I go to one of my best friends weddings in March. I want to look good and feel good and surprise them all (who it will have been about 6 months by then since I last saw them) I want to wear a nice regular sized dress and not look like a pig stuffed in a blanket, or not be wearing a gut sucker and bike shorts underneath it to try to smooth lines that aren't even really there and avoid 'thigh chafe'!

boaterswife
01-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Today's reason? I want to go out on our boat this summer and have some guy think, dang, she's hot!! hehehe...

lilybelle
01-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Because I weighed this morning and have finally took off the holiday lbs. that I gained and am back to the weight on my ticker. I felt horrible being above my goal for a week or two and am so thankful that I'm back down.

I agree with the other posters , regular sizes are much cheaper. When I first started losing weight, I bought 2 pr. of capris at Lane Bryant for $38.00 per pr. Later I was able to buy them at regular stores for $12.00 per pr. A great savings and the new ones I got were much cuter.

NewDay4MeToo
01-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Today I am getting out and exercising because I am determined to get down to the 160's!

CLCSC145
01-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Because I looked in the mirror this morning and actually smiled... It's working!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Because I want to quit snoring and sleep well every night.

Cheryl14
01-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Great Thread, Rockinrobin!

Mine would have to be to fit into that dress that I bought for my oldeat son's wedding! I've been working my arms and shoulders and back when I lift and I have been doing LOTS of cardio, too. I can't wait to wave buh-bye to the 200s. I have been in THAT land for 25 years!!!!:barf: :barf:

Cheryl

rockinrobin
01-11-2007, 09:52 PM
You and me both Cheryl. Looking forward to saying buh bye to the 200's. Scram, get lost, adios, don't let the door hit you in the A$$ on the way out.

CLCSC145
01-12-2007, 01:51 AM
You'll be there before you know it, Robin & Cheryl! I'll be cheering for you! :cheer:

rockinrobin
01-12-2007, 06:29 AM
The ONE reason I'm staying on plan today:

Because when the end of the day rolls around it feels SO GOOD to know that you've stuck to it!!!!! And I absolutely love, love, love how that feels. Another day, another opportunity to improve ang get closer to your goals.

And CC love, miss 30 something pounds ALREADY, you are going to FLY, FLY I tell you through those 200's. You will be joining Cheryl and me in ONEderland in RECORD time!!!!!

Mrs Quadcrew
01-12-2007, 08:15 AM

Because my new life WORKS!!! (I am down another 5 pounds this week!!) WOoHOOOO!!!:carrot:

GirlyGirlSebas
01-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Mrs Quadcrew...That's awesome! You must have been dancing all around that scale!

My size 3X pajama bottoms are very very loose around the waist band. I'll get to buy some new ones soon...in a smaller size!

melissalaurel
01-12-2007, 09:09 AM
This is fun!! Great thread!!

So I can see the little needle on my scale dip even further. I used to hate the scale and now I'm loving it. I hope our loving relationship lasts.

Casey4
01-12-2007, 09:58 AM
because despite it only being day 11, I notice differences already. I am sleeping better, moving better--just feeling better overall. I can't wait to see the changes as they come!:carrot:

NESunshine
01-12-2007, 10:09 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because yesterday I took measurements and was able to record some progress....2" off the bust...3" off the hip....2" off the butt...1" off the upper thigh....1" off the upper arm.....I'm looking forward to taking off more inches!

Lifeguard
01-12-2007, 10:39 AM
It's so hard to narrow it down to just one for today - lol.

The one reason I'm staying on plan today...
is so I can wow everyone at the family reunion in July by being in onederland!

lilybelle
01-12-2007, 11:42 AM
The reason I'm staying on plan today is because I had a "treat meal" last night at the "outback". Gotta get back in gear today.

EnglishMuffin
01-12-2007, 12:51 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is that there is so much progress that can be made by just doing it today, the next day, the day after - so it's worth putting in the effort today.

LondonJulz
01-12-2007, 02:04 PM
The reason I'm staying on track today is because I get more and more excited for weigh in day to come to see the progress I've made - and I want to step on the scale and see the red needle sputter in shock! :D

Sheila53
01-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Because I have to weigh in on Monday at Weight Watchers, and I definitely don't want to pay. Also because I don't feel as good when I don't eat cleanly and exercise.

CLCSC145
01-12-2007, 02:58 PM
And CC love, miss 30 something pounds ALREADY, you are going to FLY, FLY I tell you through those 200's. You will be joining Cheryl and me in ONEderland in RECORD time!!!!!

:hug: I'm absolutely planning to meet you there, Robin! Save me a seat, please!

The ONE reason I'm staying on plan today is...

Because being unhealthy is a choice, and I choose not to be unhealthy today.

HottieInHiding
01-12-2007, 03:40 PM
I have so many reasons but for today the reason that is helping me is visiting friends and family in March. I DO NOT want to feel like I'm a disappointment to them. I can not go back and look bigger than last year! (So my goal for March is get back to my 'norm')

LisaMarie71
01-12-2007, 03:46 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is so that I'll be fit enough to run at least half of that 10k in March, and walk the rest. Either way, I'm getting across that finish line, and I can only do that if I stick to the commitments I've made.

Chunky Teacher
01-12-2007, 04:12 PM
The reason I choose to stay on plan today is because I know that it is a choice. I don't have to do it, I want to do it. Also, I will be seeing the inlaws in April and would like to give them a good shock and not a bad one :)

boaterswife
01-12-2007, 11:05 PM
The reason I'm staying on plan today is because a former student came up to me at BlockBuster today (had her in class 2 years ago) and said "I didn't recognize you!" Warm to my toes.....

rockinrobin
01-13-2007, 05:13 AM

June if a mere 5 months away and I'm sick and tired of spending my summers in all black, and completely covered up. I want to wear "summer" clothes. Light and airy and well, summer-y. :flow1: :flow2: :flow1:

LisaMarie71
01-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Summer clothes -- what a great reason!

The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because TWO people told me yesterday that they didn't recognize me from a distance because of how much smaller I am. One was a fellow teacher and another was a student, and I loved it!

JennyWenny
01-13-2007, 08:44 AM
I want to look the way I feel.

I am always surprised to see pictures of me, because that is not how I picture myself. Truth hurts sometimes.

LondonJulz
01-13-2007, 09:20 AM
I am GOING to stay on track today because we had a game night last night and I didn't just get off track, I lost sight of the track all together! :cry: :nono: :yikes:
I paid for it this morning though by waking up with a serious stomach ache.... (my body's way of saying W.T.F.???????) haha!

Casey4
01-13-2007, 09:46 AM
is because it gets easier every day!:carrot:

NESunshine
01-13-2007, 10:18 AM
skinny jeans and heels. I've never been able to wear the jeans and though I wear the heels my feet kill....i mean really balancing 200+lbs on kitten heels, let alone anything higher in strappy shoes is bound to do some damage. I want to own and be able to wear.....and run in for that matter....skinny jeans and heels.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-13-2007, 10:35 AM

June if a mere 5 months away and I'm sick and tired of spending my summers in all black, and completely covered up. I want to wear "summer" clothes. Light and airy and well, summer-y. :flow1: :flow2: :flow1:

oooh....me to!

HottieInHiding
01-13-2007, 11:16 AM
The one reason I'm staying on track for today is I want a new hairstyle! I have 12 more lbs to lose to earn that reward! (I'm only 2 lbs away from my first reward - bubble bath and a celeb magazine! And hopefully hubby will keep the kids from bugging me)

Chestnutlass
01-13-2007, 11:29 AM
What a terrific thread!

I am staying on plan today because it is easier to stay on plan that to get back on.....

Mari

CLCSC145
01-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Because I'm not going to let an argument with my good friend send me into a binge. I can't soothe hurt feelings with food.

rockinrobin
01-14-2007, 06:44 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I just got finished reading the January NSV thread and I tell you it warms my heart to see all of you guys doing so well on your lifestyle changes. It's just an amazing thing to see. It kind of made me feel part of a much larger thing then just myself. As if we're all in this together and I don't want to mess up because of it. Like we're all headed to the goal line together and I don't want to be the one to drop the ball. I know it's corny, but that's how I'm feeling right now.

Farseashore
01-14-2007, 08:25 AM
What a terrific thread!

I am staying on plan today because it is easier to stay on plan that to get back on.....

Mari

Oh, I agree with that one!

Yesterday my husband and I bravely took "before" pictures of each other, and I would really like to see the "after" pictures!

NESunshine
01-14-2007, 09:33 AM
I'm staying on plan today because it makes me smile to know where I'm heading....and Robin, I know what you mean...it is like something bigger...I have that feeling of not wanting to let anyone down either and at the same time I know I would be letting myself down the most. It keeps me going every day!

JennyWenny
01-14-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm staying on plan today because if I have been doing it for 2 weeks, I can keep on doing it.

Also, I want to look different the next time I see people I haven't seen for months.

jtammy
01-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Ooooh, I love Robin's summer clothes reason. I'm so tired of being dressed head to toe in black and wearing a long button up shirt over another shirt to try to hide the fat. I want to wear a sleeveless top, or a shortish skirt, or a little dress with straps. :df: :flow1: :flow2:

I want to go swimming with my kids this summer when we go on vacation, not sit on the side of the pool watching, dressed in long pants and a shirt.

Mrs Quadcrew
01-14-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm staying on plan today because:

I CAN!!! If it's going to be......it's up to ME! (and I agree with Robin - we are all together here, and I am not going to drop the ball and let everyone else donw!) Thanks ladies for being here!!!

Monkeybabies
01-14-2007, 10:12 AM
I am staying on plan today because today is the official weigh in between my weight loss challenge buddy's. We have monthly incentives as well as a 6 month bonus pot o money! Call me shallow....but $$$$ sounds really good right now.

beautifulone
01-14-2007, 10:15 AM
The one reason I am staying on track today is because it will lead me to my one of my ultimate golas - weight loss! Today's one of those days when I would especially be thrilled to see a downward shift on the scale :D

rockinrobin
01-14-2007, 10:20 AM
:( :( :( jtammy, I don't think I will EVER make it into a swimming pool, ever again. And that is a shame. We were just talking about this last night, my daughter just bought the cutest bikini last night at Target. Boy she's got a body on her. Now me on the other hand, my thighs are a scary, scary sight and I don't think I will ever have the courage to show them in public. I could get arrested for incdecent exposure, or a long list of other crimes. My daughter me told she doesn't care what I look like. But there are other people's feelings to consider, wouldn't want to start mass hysteria or anything.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Robin - What a wonderful way of saying what so many of us feel about 3FC. The encouragement from this group has really helped me to get started on my plan and stick with it for the last two weeks. :grouphug: Thanks to all of you!

The one reason I'm staying on plan today - Dare I say it? Hubby seems to be a little "friskier" these days....:) Did I just share that?!

Monkeybabies
01-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Robin....your post does not sound like you at all! It is a shame that you think like that. You know, they have amazingly beautiful sarongs that you can buy to wrap around your waist. And when you get used to that...then you can dip your feeties in the pool...then maybe more and more. Never say never ever! :)

GirlyGirlSebas
01-14-2007, 10:45 AM
:( :( :( jtammy, I don't think I will EVER make it into a swimming pool, ever again. And that is a shame. We were just talking about this last night, my daughter just bought the cutest bikini last night at Target. Boy she's got a body on her. Now me on the other hand, my thighs are a scary, scary sight and I don't think I will ever have the courage to show them in public. I could get arrested for incdecent exposure, or a long list of other crimes. My daughter me told she doesn't care what I look like. But there are other people's feelings to consider, wouldn't want to start mass hysteria or anything.

Robin - You are a strong woman who has made major changes in her life. Stand up and be proud! Put your bathing suit on and have fun. To heck with what anybody else may be thinking or feeling.

jtammy
01-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Robin, I already have loose skin on my thighs, and even closer to goal, I know that I will still have large thighs because I always have. But I put on a swimsuit back in October while at a hotel with an indoor pool. I wore a pair of matching shorts on top of the swimsuit and felt comfortable enough with it. I will have to wear something on top of it to feel comfortable enough to be out in public.

In the past, at more than 300 pounds, I used to watch Moms with young children swim and play with their young children in the water. I always felt a pang of regret that I wasn't able to do that. I decided this year, even though I have a 14 and 12 year old, that I am going to swim and play with my kids in the water. I'll find something that I can wear to do it in. That's a definite reason to stay on plan today.

rockinrobin
01-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks Girlygirl, just can't help it though, that's the way I feel. I'll never know what my weightloss journey would have been like if I never came across 3FC and quite frankly I am thrilled to have never had to find out. The support, advice and encouragement has been in my opinion extremely beneficial. Without a doubt.

Monkeybabies, you bring up a good point and yes believe me I've thought about the sarong, ummm but just how easy do you think it is to SWIM in one of those things? Because I just don't see my getting in that pool without SOMETHING covering up these legs. But like you said "Never say never".

rockinrobin
01-14-2007, 11:03 AM
jtammy we posted at the same time. I must tell you one of the things I regret the MOST is the fact that I didn't get to swim with my kids when they were growing up. They're 19, 17 and 15 now. I also envied all those overweight women who were IN THE POOL, not just sitting there on the sidelines. I thought about shorts, but I just don't know. At this point my calves aren't too great either. In fact I've lost practically NOTHING there. So I'm hoping EVENTUALLY it's got to come off of my calves, right? We shall see. We've got another 5 months til summer and I've certainly wasted enough summers already. We shall see what happens.

LondonJulz
01-14-2007, 11:08 AM
I must stay on track today because we are completely iced in here in Tulsa - so that makes me feel even more committed to be able to make myself go to the gym (I can walk there - it's in our complex) - and be able to be stuck in our apartment and not just sit around and snack all day.

LisaMarie71
01-14-2007, 11:12 AM
rockinrobin, I just read your post about 3FC and how we're all in this together, and it's such a coincidence because I just posted something like that to you in the NSV thread! :) I really know how you feel, and I think 3FC has been such a huge factor in my success.

As for the swimming pool thing, I see everyone's point about how you should just throw on a swimsuit and have fun, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to do that either. I haven't worn one since I was about 13....so that's, let's see...22 years ago. Wow. I don't have kids, but I still hope to, and I've always worried that I wouldn't be able to go in the water and have fun with them. In fact, my weight may be one of the factors that have led to my problems conceiving, so that's my ONE REASON for today. I want to be healthy so I'll have a chance to finally be a mother, and to be a healthy one.

okiechick
01-14-2007, 01:33 PM
LondonJulz I know exactly how you feel. We are socked in down here too (Lawton). The Y is closed and I spent ysterday, cooking and of course eating. UGH!
But today is a new day and my treadmill awaits and leftovers are going in the freezer. Reading about smiwsuits sure has me thinking again.

CLCSC145
01-14-2007, 01:39 PM
I like what this is doing for my body. I can fly up a flight of stairs, I can reach an itch on my back with ease, I feel in control of my life, I have more to wear in my closet, and I'm worth taking care of.

And Robin, you summed up what I've been feeling too! I am so happy to be a part of all of your lives, even if it's just through a computer, and I like that we are all in this together tackling this monster head on. Now don't let me down by starting to disappear when the bloom of New Year's resolutions starts to wear off in February, you hear! :coach: I need you all! We need each other!

shyheart01
01-14-2007, 01:46 PM
I have 6 wonderful children that deserves a mother that can keep up with them.

HottieInHiding
01-14-2007, 02:31 PM
I have 6 wonderful children that deserves a mother that can keep up with them.

That's an awesome reason, shyheart!

Mine is that I want my baby boy to look at old pictures of me when he's older and not be able to recognize me! My older kids will see the transformation, but I want him to only know me as smaller! Much smaller :)

I love this post - I haven't really jumped into any other threads yet - but I need to come on here everyday and add my reason. Because I need a reason every day. Thanks!

shyheart01
01-15-2007, 02:20 AM
Hi everyone, just wanted to stop in a give my reason for the day. My reason to stay on the plan today is because a few months ago, my 5 year old son told me the reason he didn't want to eat much was because "he didn't want to be fat like grandma and you mommy". It's my duty to show him that just because you eat, doesn't mean you have to be fat.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-15-2007, 09:02 AM
It's my duty to show him that just because you eat, doesn't mean you have to be fat.

Wow, only 5 and already thinking this. As Mommy's, we really don't have a bigger responsibility than to teach our children the healthy way to eat. I'll jump on board with this one, too.

rockinrobin
01-15-2007, 09:07 AM
Today's ONE reason:

Because I have no choice, I've just realized that NOT losing the weight is NOT an option for me ANYmore. I won't be fat, I won't be unhealthy, I won't, I won't, I won't! :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

LisaMarie71
01-15-2007, 09:24 AM
I love how fired up you are today, rockinrobin!! I'm with you! :cheer:

My one reason to stay on plan today is because I had a "cheat meal" last night and it makes me feel pretty icky this morning. We went out for Thai food and I LOVE Thai food, so I let myself enjoy it without counting anything. I have to do that occasionally for sanity, but I always know that some guilt will come with it, and here it is! I don't feel THAT bad about it, but I know I have to be 100% on track today since I'm weighing myself tomorrow morning. I plan to run this morning and possibly do another quick workout later in the evening.

NESunshine
01-15-2007, 10:19 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I've been misbehaving the past couple of days. I still worked out intensely all weekend and my calories were a bit over but not way out of control...the problem....I've been carb loading. I can't seem to get enough cornflakes and toast...its very strange. Anyway its probably the onset of TOM...but today I'm going to be extra aware and conscious and avoid all extra unnecessary carbs.

Mississippi Magnolia
01-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Well, I'm planning on staying on track today becaue I have lost a little more weight, making me feel like Superwoman. My stomach is a little squishier .... makes me feel good. Unfortunately, I tend to depend on my feelings -- but at 51, I figure I should be past that -- surely I will grow up someday!!!!

I, too, can't wait to get into the smaller clothes again! I used to wear a 10/12 -- and I still have one in my drawer to dream on. I'm in a size 20/22 right now, so it's not too far until I'm in the mall again. I get so jealous of some friends who go to the store and get on the discount racks and have beautiful clothes for 5 or 10 dollars. Discount racks -- here I come!!!!!!:D
Barbara

HottieInHiding
01-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Today I'm home with my kids while they have the day off - and it's freezing outside (ok, only 38 - but it's Texas!) So, I know I will be tempted to snack with them while playing games and watching movies.

So - the reason I'm staying on plan today is like shyheart and girlygirl - FOR MY KIDS! To be an example and make them proud :)

Casey4
01-15-2007, 12:04 PM
because I desperately want to wear jeans when I go GS camping with my big girls in May!

CLCSC145
01-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Because at 35 I want to be the healthiest person I can be, not necessarily the thinnest! This is a big vanity change for me...

Monkeybabies
01-15-2007, 01:51 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today because of my marital relationship. When I start to eat more clean...my hubby and I are more on the same page. It is like I am making an effort...and not giving up on myself.

shelby897
01-15-2007, 01:58 PM
One reason..... I bet we could all come up with 100's of reasons to stay on track, I would pay $100 to someone who could come up with a good reason not to ;)

I want to be healither
I want to be a role model for my kids
I want my "old self" back -- the fun me, the cute me, the outgoing me......
I want a better marriage -- when I'm doing poorly, feeling like crap I know it affects all my relationships
I don't want to go to the gym feeling like everyone is wondering if the "chubby woman" will come back again or if this is just her New years resolution!!

Lifeguard
01-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Because I don't feel like doing it today & I need to conquer these bad days as well as the good.

Chestnutlass
01-15-2007, 07:37 PM
For my kids....A lot of you have said this. Mine is a bit different I have almost 100 kids. I teach health and science to young children. When I do nutrition I want them to SEE that I understand the material!!! How can they listen to me explain the danger of not eating healthy?

Mari

Dr Geri
01-15-2007, 08:36 PM
The ONE reason I'm staying on plan today is to have thighs that do not touch. I cannot remember a time when my thighs did not touch, not even at age seven or eight, and I have a difficult time envisioning it in my future. No double chin, yes I've achieved that before and I will do it again. But thighs? I spent the entire Two Mile Walk workout this morning staring at one of the walkers, trying to imagine having thighs that do not touch like hers. For the first time, because of 3FC, I am daring to dream of this. And it will not happen in my future unless I stay on plan today. And the next day. And the next. Some day, I will post that thigh NSV, and the internet will rejoice!

Geri :wave:

shyheart01
01-16-2007, 05:36 AM
My reason today for staying on plan is I know that I made unhealthy choices that got me the body I'm in and with the help of God and willpower, I will regain the body I want.

rockinrobin
01-16-2007, 07:08 AM
Saw Oprah yesterday, saw the people who have lost over 100 lbs, so yeah-

I WANNA GO ON OPRAH TOO!!!!

and yes, I'm serious.

shelby897
01-16-2007, 07:43 AM
Robin -- Can't wait to see you on Oprah -- I know you'll do it!! I think we could all make a name for 3fatchicks when 1,000 of us appear on Oprah all at once, having each lost 100 lbs!!! Maybe the Guniess Book of World Records has been looking for you guys!!

I'm going to stay on plan today because I didn't all weekend and I feel like crap!! I'm going to the gym, I'm going to drink lots of water and I'm going to stick to my food plan.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-16-2007, 07:51 AM
I am really enjoying this thread!

The ONE reason I'm staying on plan today: My jeans felt a tad looser this morning!

lola06
01-16-2007, 07:56 AM
I am staying on plan today because I want to learn how to surf this summer. I'd learn at any size, but it'll be so much easier in a smaller body.

rockinrobin
01-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Robin -- Can't wait to see you on Oprah -- I know you'll do it!! I think we could all make a name for 3fatchicks when 1,000 of us appear on Oprah all at once, having each lost 100 lbs!!! Maybe the Guniess Book of World Records has been looking for you guys!!

OMG!!! That would be so cool. Let's ALL go on Oprah together. I would LOVE that. So we can count you in? Right?

boaterswife
01-16-2007, 09:42 AM
I one reason I'm staying on plan today is because when I go to bed at night and I've stayed on plan all day, I have such a sense of accomplishment. I did this, no one else did it for me. It's all me, all about me, all for me!

Mrs Quadcrew
01-16-2007, 10:08 AM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is:

I want to be one of those 1oo pound LOOSERS!!:D (can I go to the Oprah show too??);)

Casey4
01-16-2007, 10:12 AM
is because it makes me feel powerful! :D

Although, I do like the Oprah idea, too!;)

NESunshine
01-16-2007, 10:17 AM
hmmmmm....Oprah....maybe.... but I'd much rather stay on plan today because its almost starting to feel normal and not really a plan....and because I think I'm finally through my corn flakes phase!

HottieInHiding
01-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Today I am staying on plan because I hated the way I looked in my sweatpants yesterday! It's super cold here - so I've been wearing my sweats, and they are NOT flattering at all! So - I'm staying on plan so I can look cute in a velour sweatsuit someday :)

BarrieMomof2
01-16-2007, 10:50 AM
I am going to stay on plan today because I am finally seeing results!

I started watching what I was eating on Dec. 27th, by counting calories, and lost 6lbs almost right away...which was water, but hey, its nice to see the scale move in a down direction. Then gained a bit back....and last week I joined up with Weight Watchers and despite having TOM show up last night, I am down about 2.3lbs since Thursday!
Plus I am getting more energy, which gives me more time playing with my kids instead of sitting on the couch watching them!

Anne

LisaMarie71
01-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Congrats, Anne -- you're doing great! Everyone is!

I'm all about the Oprah thing -- let's do it! I think we'd have a great story to tell -- how we all supported each other on this message board and lost all these pounds together!!

My ONE REASON to stay on plan today is so I'll look good at the prom! :lol: I know it's funny for a 35-year-old to say that, but my husband and I teach at the same school and we'll be chaperones at the prom again this year. He said something not long ago about how he never went to his prom and he would actually like to do it this year as if we're on a real date (last year we just kind of showed up and didn't think about it). I thought his idea was so cute, and I'd love to look good for him that night. It's in May, I suppose, so I have lots of time and if I stick to my plan I'll be well on my way toward my goal by then. I'll definitely be in Onederland, at least! My husband is really gorgeous, so I've always felt like people wonder why he's with me. I want to look good on his arm for once! (Yes, I know the prom is all about the kids, don't worry!)

LondonJulz
01-16-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm staying on plan today because we have my daughters 1st birthday party and my son's 2nd birthday party in about a month.... I want to have lost some kind of weight by then!

CLCSC145
01-16-2007, 01:13 PM
...is because as frustrated as I get that it's going to take a long time to get to goal, it will take EVEN LONGER if I lose focus.

shelby897
01-16-2007, 01:37 PM
LisaMarie71 -- I think you would both look adorable if you treated it like your own prom, who shouldn't you -- go out to a restaurant, get the pictures done at the prom, etc. It's a great motivator and a wonderful memory for the two of you -- why should you have to spend the whole night watching the kids having fun, join in!!!

LondonJulz -- I know where you are coming from. My son's birthday is in March and I would love to be down a lot, because I don't see my husband's family or my son's friend's parent's very often and I'd love to look better by then!! I want to be the cool mom!!

And, the one reason I'm staying on plan today is beause I have been all morning and I feel great!!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-16-2007, 04:09 PM
I want to be one of those 1oo pound LOOSERS!!:D (can I go to the Oprah show too??);)

Me too...me too! I want to visit onderland so badly....and, it would be a blast to go on Oprah with all of you. The best part about going on Oprah...I could meet all of you in person. :)

Lisa, the prom sounds like so much fun! I hope you take tons of pictures that you can share.

boaterswife
01-16-2007, 04:57 PM
OK, I'm excited now too! Put me on the Oprah list also! Hehehe

boaterswife
01-16-2007, 11:24 PM
OK, I know it's not Wednesday yet, but I have tomorrows reason for staying on plan! I've not rewarded myself for any of the losses or meeting goals so far, but.....tonight I went to a jewelry party, and there was a bracelet that I fell in love with. I didn't buy it, it was $90, but I've been thinking of it all evening. So, my reason for staying on plan today, is that when I hit my goal weight, that bracelet is MINE!!!!

shyheart01
01-16-2007, 11:58 PM
Probably won't be on much tomorrow because I have to be at the hospital at 7am because my best friend is having her twins tomorrow YIPPY! Gonna be "aunt Jessie" again I can't wait but wanted to give my reason because calling it a night....my reason to stay on plan tomorrow is because I weighed myself today and another 3 lbs have came off since the day before yesterday...It's a small step but that small step is better than a huge fallback :) I'll take it Have a good day!

rockinrobin
01-17-2007, 07:57 AM
It's my youngest daughter's 15th birthday. Still unfathomable to me that my baby is 15. Her sisters are 19 and 17. She is a delightful girl and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE spending time with her. And I want to spend as many moments with her and her children (my unborn grandchildren) as possible. And my best chances for hanging around as long as possible is to STICK WITH THE PROGRAM. So, yeah that's my reason for the day.

And girls, really, really let's think about getting ourselves on Oprah, I mean it. I'm 100% serious. Let's go for it. Okay?

shelby897
01-17-2007, 08:04 AM
Okay, so the fact that I was on the Oprah website yesterday looking around for a place to tell them about this website -- I'm not as nuts as I thought I was???!!

The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I went to bed last night crying and full of guilt because I had done so bad yesterday (and Friday and Sunday and Monday). I can't stand that!!!

rockinrobin
01-17-2007, 08:17 AM
I know this is going to sound mean, crazy and selfish. BUT, could you imagine the hits this place would get if Oprah got wind of it and SPOKE about it? I really and truly don't think the site could handle all the volume. And it just wouldn't be the same place with millions and millions of more people on it. Sure it would slow down a bit as time wore on, but still even if a small percentage stuck around, it would be a horrible place to navigate and there would be absolutely no personal feelings left around here. So yeah, I'd love to get to Oprah, and I'd LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have you ALL join me. Each and every one of you. It would be beyond belief wonderful. But I don't think she needs to know about us just yet, or at all. In fact I'd rather not go on at all if it would risk ruining what I have here. Just my half cent.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Robin, if that is mean, selfish and crazy...guess what?...I was thinking the exact same thing last night! I love having newbies each day...but, not thousands! or even hundreds. It would be really hard to get to know each other and provide the same encouragement and support that we do now.

My One reason for staying on plan today: I've been feeling kinda 'blah' the last two days with not much energy and my workouts have been rough to get through. Then this morning, I caught a glance at myself in a full length mirror...and I think my tummy and hips look smaller! I measure again in 1 1/2 weeks and I'm expecting very good loss of inches.

Mrs Quadcrew
01-17-2007, 09:00 AM
shhh.....don't tell Oprah just yet ~ we have some poundage to loose first.;)

My one reason for staying on plan today:

Because it is not a PLAN - it is my new LIFE!:D

LondonJulz
01-17-2007, 09:51 AM
The reason I'm staying on track today..... I finally lost 2 pounds!!! This means that what I'm doing is starting to work... and I want to see what I can do with the scale in a weeks time!

Casey4
01-17-2007, 10:06 AM
is that I love looking at my journal's growing full pages and knowing that it is a testament to my effort and resolve.

DramaQueenLucy
01-17-2007, 10:14 AM
today I am staying on plan because I really want to fit into my new jeans..got them a size to small. I will make it today, they will fit soon!!

shelby897
01-17-2007, 10:14 AM
You guys are right -- we are all on here for our own personal reasons, think of all the crazies who would show up just because "Oprah says so!!!". Reminds me of my gym -- The 1st of January 100's of people joined (all those New Year's Resolutions) and by March they say most of them will be gone. I was a "January joiner" last year, but I didn't do it as a NYR's -- I think when you are ready, you do it -- not when everyone else does.

boaterswife
01-17-2007, 10:29 AM
My one reason for staying on plan today:

Because it is not a PLAN - it is my new LIFE!:D

Well said!

Chestnutlass
01-17-2007, 11:07 AM
The reason I am staying on plan is that yesterday I slipped. We all slip from time to time, but I know myself If I stay down it will be a year before I get back up again!

Mari

HottieInHiding
01-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Oh I had a reason when I woke up this morning, but totally forgot it!

Julz - Great job! You can do it - a 1 year old and a 2 year old? Wow - you are super mom!

Ok so for today I am staying on plan because I can't let my hubby lose faster than I am! He usually does lose more, but he isn't sticking to the plan as well - so I'm hoping to do better this time ;) He's lost about the same as me, so time to step it up! I added exercise today!

LondonJulz
01-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Christy, I LOVE your screen name! I used to always tell my hubby "I have a GREAT body, it's just hidden under all this fat". Of course - he tells me he loves me just as I am, the only problem is - I don't love me just as I am..... a little too unhealthy for my liking......

puff0518
01-17-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm gonna pop back in to the group, I think. My reason for sticking to my plan today is that I need to start being BACK on plan. I've been off for a while, and need to get going again.

beautifulone
01-17-2007, 07:13 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because it just feels so good knowing that it is so good!

LisaMarie71
01-17-2007, 09:05 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is for my health -- I don't want to get diagnosed with diabetes, as my mother recently was. I feel like 35 is still young enough to turn things around, and better late than never!

shyheart01
01-18-2007, 02:44 AM
My reason today because I gained 2 new nephew's yesterday...Christopher Patrick 7lbs 3oz and Jonathan Wayne 6lbs 8oz both 19 inches long. Their mommy is going to need help with having a 5 and 3 yr old boys already.

rockinrobin
01-18-2007, 07:47 AM
The ONE reason I'm staying on plan today -

Well what exactly would be one GOOD reason why I SHOULDN'T stay on plan? So, yeah I'm staying ON plan today because there's NO reason NOT to. I just realized I use capitals A LOT, gotta stop doing that. :dizzy:

Whoa, that's a lot of boys shyheart!!!! Congratulations!!!! She certainly IS going to need A LOT of help.

shelby897
01-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Congratulations shyheart -- Awesome nephews and, as the mother of two boys, I must say boys are cool!! I bet you are a great aunt. (I miss babies!! But not enough to have another one!!).

I'm staying on track today because I did yesterday and I felt great this morning.

DramaQueenLucy
01-18-2007, 08:17 AM
I am staying on plan today because I want A chin yes just 1 I want the other to find another place to live!!!

BarrieMomof2
01-18-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm staying on plan today because yesterday I got through 1.5 of a 2-mile WATP video, and I want to be able to finish it.

Oh, and I want to be able to cross my legs at the knees easily...instead of having to help my one leg lift up over the other...lol.
(I also have trouble with this since my car accident 6 years ago, but I know the extra weight isn't making it any easier!)

senorita
01-18-2007, 08:26 AM
Congratulations on having those two beautiful boys enter your life, "auntie" Jess! :)

Well it's past midnight in Australia, so I'm posting this on Friday... and my reason for staying on plan today is pure momentum. I haven't had any of my demon foods for 30 days and after the first two weeks, I've found my cravings have subsided incredibly! And I NEVER thought I would actually feel this way! So staying on plan tomorrow is worth it because it's taking me one step closer to becoming a person with great eating habits and stacks of energy.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-18-2007, 09:28 AM
I haven't had any of my demon foods for 30 days and after the first two weeks, I've found my cravings have subsided incredibly! And I NEVER thought I would actually feel this way!

That's great! Isnt it amazing. I've not had sugar in my coffee for over two weeks and I never thought I would ever be able to give that up.

My One reason for staying on plan today: Went up to give hubby a hug last night and I didnt have to strain to give him a kiss! Picture two beach balls pushing up against each other....yeah, you've got the picture. Well, He and I have both lost some stomach so the beach balls are just a bit less inflated! :carrot:

Casey4
01-18-2007, 09:36 AM
I find myself moving around easier already. Little things like climbing the stairs, changing positions in bed, tying my shoes etc. It's only going to get better.

Congratulations Shyheart: I am a twin mommy, but I had mine first. (I have 4 girls.) Your sister will appreciate you forever for being able to help in these first crazy days, weeks and months!!!:)

Mrs Quadcrew
01-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Shyheart - congrats on the new babies - what fun to help with!!

The one reason I am staying on plan today: 'Cuz weigh in is TOMORROW and I can't wait!!!:carrot:

LondonJulz
01-18-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm staying on plan today because .... those pictures of the new babies that Shyheart posted (congrats, by the way!) makes me want another baby really bad.... but can't do that until I drop a LOT of weight!!!!

LisaMarie71
01-18-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I don't want to look like a whale at my best friend's wedding this year!

HottieInHiding
01-18-2007, 10:37 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is for my health -- I don't want to get diagnosed with diabetes, as my mother recently was. I feel like 35 is still young enough to turn things around, and better late than never!

I sure hope so! I'm 33 (turning 34 this year!) and that is the same reason I'm doing this too!

We can do it - we're not "old" :cool:

HottieInHiding
01-18-2007, 10:41 AM
My reason today is like my one from the other day - but with even more motivation! My hubby joined an office pool to see who can lose the most weight by March 1st. So he's going to go at it really gung-ho since he's so competitive (and wants the $300!) so I have to do it too. I can't have him doing better than me! (Ok, so I'm competitive too!)

GirlyGirlSebas
01-18-2007, 11:17 AM
'Cuz weigh in is TOMORROW and I can't wait!!!:carrot:

Can you believe it? We actually can't wait for weigh in day! :D

boaterswife
01-18-2007, 11:34 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I can completely curl up in our over-stuffed chairs now.....feet, legs and all, in a little ball (like my teenage daughter).....and I like it!

CrispyMama
01-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Shyheart congrats on your new twin nephews! Love the A and B hats, funny!

Shelby897, I'm right there with you on the missing babies. I miss having babies! But I still remember all to well how hard it was. My boys are 4 and 7 and although it may be hard in diferent ways, it is also so easy compared to a little one!

Senorita, I love your choice of words, food demons. It's been 2.5 months since I commited to quit eating sugar and sweets (my demons). I wish I was one of those people who could lose weight and still have a little treat. But I never could. I also feel the same way about the momentum, each day makes me more sure I made the right choice, and makes me more commited.

I love reading everyones reasons! Keep 'em coming! :carrot:

My one reason today is that I have had the stomach bug, and for the first time I am not going to eat like crazy today and gain back the few pounds I lost, plus a few more for good measure!

starchild
01-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Well, my day is almost over.... Stayed on plan and it feeeeellls good!!!

My ONE reason that I'll stay on plan tomorrow:

I'm starting to recognize that my "thinness" is on its way. Lots of hard work, but feeling good and feeling healthy is SO, SO worth it!!!

Monkeybabies
01-18-2007, 09:46 PM
I am staying on plan today because I just saw Christmas pictures of myself and almost cried because I grew an extra chin. Keep up the good work everyone!

boaterswife
01-18-2007, 10:43 PM
I know I had a reason this morning, but I have another one tonight! My reason for staying on plan is that after making it through a sabotage meal at my mother's this evening, I can handle ANY meal!

Reddalice
01-19-2007, 07:05 AM
I'm staying on track because I am two pounds away from seeing below 220... I haven't seen anything that low since I was 15 and at 215. ^-^ I'll feel good to know I can do it! SO I am getting off the computer, right now, and I am going for a long walk- moving ever closer to my goal... a healthier and happier me!

rockinrobin
01-19-2007, 08:00 AM
Umm, how to put this, I HATE my stomach and I don't want it anymore. It will never, ever be flat and it has improved greatly already, but let's just say -there's room for plenty more improvement.

Funny about the scale, I avoided it for almost 15 years, literally didn't step on one. And now I actually look forward to getting on the thing. Weird. This whole thing is too weird. But in a good way. :D

GirlyGirlSebas
01-19-2007, 08:46 AM
My One reason for today - Because I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired all because I'm fat!

LondonJulz
01-19-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm staying on plan today because... I've done it for 2 weeks - that's the longest I've ever stuck with ANY exercise/diet plan.... it's becoming a part of my life - so I'd fell "weird" if I didn't stay on plan.

DramaQueenLucy
01-19-2007, 09:06 AM
The one reason that I am staying on track today is that I own my body it doesn't own me and I am sick of it getting in the way of what I want to be doing!!!

LisaMarie71
01-19-2007, 10:23 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I've worked too hard to stop now. I'm more than halfway to my goal, and there's no way I'm turning back.

Casey4
01-19-2007, 11:37 AM
is because I am enjoying the healthy food I am eating!

shelby897
01-19-2007, 01:26 PM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is I'm really enjoying actually feeling hungry and hearing my stomach growl -- eating when I need to not when I want to!!!

rockinrobin
01-20-2007, 03:22 AM
I'm really, really enjoying the benefits of having lost 81 lbs. The increased activity and energy level, the clothing!!!, more outgoing socially, the fitting into places better, no more seat belt worries, just taking up less space on the planet, etc. But I am NOWHERE NEAR done and I can't wait to see what losing another 81 lbs is going to do for me. It can only be loads and loads better and I am really looking forward to it.

Have a great day everyone. :smug:

shyheart01
01-20-2007, 07:14 AM
My reason to staying on plan today is because.....I have I have a closet full of size 12 jeans that I will get back into!

DramaQueenLucy
01-20-2007, 09:17 AM
I want the energy that will come when I stay on plan.

jtammy
01-20-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I want to see 199 so badly.

starchild
01-20-2007, 10:12 AM
My ONE reason for staying on plan today is that I PROMISED myself I would and I just don't want to break that promise!!! :smug:

I'm pulling for you jtammy to reach your 199. That's a huge incentive for me too.
You can do it! Much continued success to everyone here. Whoo-hoo!

LisaMarie71
01-20-2007, 10:25 AM
My one reason to stay on plan today is so that I can keep this feeling of pride I have. I haven't always been proud of myself in my life -- I've often felt like I couldn't do anything right (especially when it comes to physical or active things). Today I did my first group run with a 10k training team, and not only did I keep up, but I was one of the runners who didn't take any walk breaks and who ended up passing other people. It's not about competition, and I wasn't trying to "race," but it feels good to know that I'm not the slowest person, like I thought I would be. I can expect better things from myself now, and I want to keep that feeling forever.

BarrieMomof2
01-20-2007, 10:37 AM
I am staying on plan today because today was my first official WW weigh in and I saw a 4.8lb loss since last Thursday!!:carrot: :carrot:
Only 103 more to go!!! I can't wait until there is less than 100 lbs to lose!!!

Mrs Quadcrew
01-20-2007, 10:51 AM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is:

I am only 8 pounds away from being in the 100's instead of the 200's!!:D

Casey4
01-20-2007, 11:46 AM
is I looked in the mirror this morning. Enuff said....

GirlyGirlSebas
01-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Because weekends have always been the time that I lost focus on previous diets....not, this time!

Monkeybabies
01-20-2007, 01:38 PM
I am staying on plan today because I like the feeling of not stuffing myself to death during each meal. Now I am feeling full and stopping before I get stuffed!

DramaQueenLucy
01-21-2007, 08:11 AM
The one reason that I am staying on plan today is that I don't want to gain anymore weight then I have to with quitting smoking so I can not use food for my oral fixation.

LisaMarie71
01-21-2007, 08:22 AM
My one reason for staying on plan today is because I know that even one day off plan can throw you completely off if you're not careful. You can get right back on plan, but you might not -- how many times have I done that in the past, and ruined my progress? I refuse to risk that.

rockinrobin
01-21-2007, 09:49 AM
I love the feeling of me being "in control" of my food intake. Just eating well and healthy and normal sized portions. I'm proud of how I eat now and I could share it with the world instead of hiding my eating habits. There's another thread going on here at the 100lb club, "Shocked by things you used to eat" and it got me thinking about my "old" life. Those days were horrible, just horrible. Totally out of control eating, not even thinking about the consequences, just thinking about when I could get my next fix. The misery, the lonliness, the shame, the fear and I never, ever want to go back to that.

Charbar
01-21-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm staying on plan today because.. that's my plan. I went out to dinner last night (planned) - and had a big meal. I already have today planned out... yeah for me!

Monkeybabies
01-21-2007, 09:54 AM
I am staying on plan today because I have lost 9 pounds in the last two weeks...and I finally get it!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-21-2007, 10:34 AM
I'm staying on plan today, because I feel skinnier today.

jtammy
01-21-2007, 11:02 AM
I want to stay on plan today because I hate seeing photos of myself as an "extremely obese" person. I don't want to go back there.

susie_sunshine
01-21-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm staying on plan today because last night i wore a pair of jeans that I bought on boxing day that were WAY TOO SMALL (but too good a deal to pass up... i figured i would wear them somedayl.....) Someday was last night!

Luminous
01-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Because I am absolutely entranced by the graph my daily weigh-ins are making. It goes down steeply one week, barely at all the next, steeply the next, barely at all the next, and so on. It's amazing. If I weren't charting this, I'd be freaking out every two weeks, wondering what I was doing wrong, when in actuality it's simply my body's own rhythm!

I feel like a real scientician! :doh:

smartipantzzz
01-21-2007, 11:52 AM
I love this message. One day at a time. I need to learn to live like that. What can be my motivation today? My kids........Thank you for this post.

HottieInHiding
01-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Oh I need this thread, I skipped a couple days and I was not feeling like staying on plan yesterday.

So - My reason today is to find a pair of jeans out of the "too small" pile to wear by Valentine's Day! I have all sizes - 20W down to 16 Misses. I'm wearing my 22W and want to ditch them soon!

Casey4
01-21-2007, 03:45 PM
is I have been reading the YOU on a Diet book and they explained the whole effect eating sugar and bad fats has on my body. I can't ignore the benefits of healthy eating. My body needs these changes.
Kathy

shyheart01
01-22-2007, 05:34 AM
My reason to stay on plan today is failure is not an option, the only way I can fail is if I give up.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-22-2007, 08:01 AM
My One reason: Today is exactly 10 days until we go to Disneyworld. I want to be able to keep up with everyone and get in and out of the rides easier. Our last trip to Disneyworld is what convinced me to get my butt in gear and do something about this weight!

DramaQueenLucy
01-22-2007, 08:09 AM
My one reason for staying on plan today is that I have 4 new pairs of jeans that I want to fit into soon.

rockinrobin
01-22-2007, 08:24 AM
I don't want to live out the rest of my life as an obese person. I want to be a fit, trim, healthy and active person.

beautifulone
01-22-2007, 09:44 AM
In addition to what Rockinrobin just wrote (wonderfully said!), my reason for staying on plan today is that I saw pictures of myself yesterday that were taken a few months ago, and well, :o .. enough said.

Casey4
01-22-2007, 09:58 AM
is because I can. I choose it for me. It is under my control and I choose my plan.

NESunshine
01-22-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I can. I've been sick in bed with something resembling a flu since last Thursday morning...today I finally came back to work and am finally able to eat again... I'm hoping that healthy eating and restarting my exercise routine will help me get back to 100% again!

LisaMarie71
01-22-2007, 10:49 AM
My one reason for staying on plan today is because I'm sooooo close to Onederland. 15 pounds away might not sound close to some people, but I've lost 61 so far and I know I can get these 15 off too. When I get to 199, I'll be "overweight" according to all those charts, instead of "obese." I don't feel "obese" now, because I can run and do yoga and all those things I couldn't do before. My life has changed so much!

jtammy
01-22-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I want my children to be proud of their mom, not be secretly ashamed at that mom around their friends.

starzzy
01-22-2007, 11:43 AM
I agree with the shopping issue! I do not want to shop in plus size stores forever. The prices for nice work clothing are way too expensive! Plus, whenever my friends and I go shopping, I am the only one who has to find larger sizes.

And...I want to live a healthy and active lifestyle. :carrot:

HottieInHiding
01-22-2007, 11:53 AM
My reason is just to see the scale move downward! I'm taking this step by step right now. I have to just do this. This is my job. It is what I need to devote all my attention to at this point in my life!!!!

boaterswife
01-22-2007, 12:03 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because by staying on plan, I'm showing my self that I'M in control, and I am worth it!

SexyRevealed
01-22-2007, 01:06 PM
My reason for staying on plan today is because you have to start somewhere. :)

ETA: And my supervisor WOULD just come by and tell me that there's birthday cake in the kitchen... :mad: :mad: :mad: I'm staying away though. :D

truelies
01-22-2007, 06:11 PM
I want to spend my 20th birthday (9/17) in Onederland :)

Monkeybabies
01-22-2007, 07:23 PM
I want to stay on plan today because I feel good.

Karma27
01-22-2007, 07:33 PM
I am staying on plan today because someone made a snide remark about my weight yesterday and tried to cover it up with a "just kidding" :no:.
They were not kidding, it was not funny, and it was so not OK. It hurt, but it sure in the heck was my motivation for the day. :coach::ebike:

boaterswife
01-22-2007, 10:35 PM
Karma, so sorry to hear about the nasty remark! Keep it in the back of your mind that one of these day's that person will be eating their words!!!!!

I'm staying on plan today because if I can do it feeling so crappy, I can do it anytime!!!

rockinrobin
01-23-2007, 05:16 AM
I am just sooo excited to get to 199 lbs and then 187 (that'll be 100 lbs LOST) and then 175 and then 160 and 143 (half of my starting weight) and then 130) and then 125!!!!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-23-2007, 09:34 AM
The One reason I'm staying on plan today: I don't feel well, sinuses are aching, but I refuse to comfort myself with food!

Mrs Quadcrew
01-23-2007, 09:36 AM
The one reason I am staying on plan today:

Because it gets easier with each passing day ~ I love my new life!

You're almost there Robin!!!!:carrot:

Karma ~:hug: I just had a similar incident a week or so ago.....but we have the right mindset - it just makes us stronger. (and go get some of NESunshine's mojo - she is sharing some with me!):D

Casey4
01-23-2007, 09:58 AM
is because I am feeling better physically and emotionally every day.

Karma-:hug: You know we might have to struggle with our weight issues, but we can change that with commitment and work. That poor person has a "soul" issue and may never have relief from that!:mad:

beautifulone
01-23-2007, 10:02 AM

Rockinrobin - wow... you are inspiring!! way to go :D

The one reason I am staying on plan today is because it is easier to stay on and keep going than it is to get back on after falling off... and right now I have enough stress in my life without having to deal with getting back on. Plus, I want so much to get down to 215 (mini-goal)!

SexyRevealed
01-23-2007, 11:04 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I got up at 5AM this morning to exercise and I will NOT let that go to waste. First time I've gotten up in the AM to exercise in a couple of years. YAY ME!!!

Karma, great for you turning that negative into a positive. Remember, you can lose weight, but they'll never lose that terrible attitude.

Rhonda, hope you feel better!

Beautifulone, you are so right. It is easier to stay on track than to get back on track. Keep it up!

NESunshine
01-23-2007, 11:05 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because of the epiphany/ NSV I had yesterday. Plain and simple I never again in my life ever want to be a fat drunk chain smoker ever ever again. Being clear headed & healthy and fit and happy looks so much better.

wanna b thin
01-23-2007, 11:14 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today - I allowed myself to eat and drink too much while on vacation last week, but back OP yesterday and today to get rid of the weight I gained (mostly water I hope LOL) and to continue to the new me.

DramaQueenLucy
01-23-2007, 11:49 AM
The one reason that I am staying on plan today is that I don't want to look like this a year from now...I want to be thin & healthy

LisaMarie71
01-23-2007, 01:14 PM
My one reason for staying on plan today is because my plan WORKS. I'm so happy to have found a plan that works for me, and it's helped me lose 64 pounds so far. When I stray from the plan, the scale shows a one-pound loss or less, but when I stay on plan, I lose 2 or 3. So it just makes sense to stay on plan!!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-23-2007, 01:22 PM
My one reason for staying on plan today is because my plan WORKS.

Yes, it sure does work! 64 lbs....:woohoo:

Monkeybabies
01-23-2007, 07:44 PM
I am staying on plan today because I have to make this work. It is just not an option any more just to want to this...I need to...and I am.

rockinrobin
01-24-2007, 06:46 AM
I've wasted enough of my life eating unhealthy foods in high quantities and being inactive. And what a shame that is. It is time to take charge of my life. It is time to make my health and well being a priority. My children deserve it, my husband deserves it and most importantly I DESERVE IT.

oldwriter
01-24-2007, 07:08 AM
The one reason 'm staying on plan today is: I have 6 more pounds to lose to get back to where I left off. I have many chores waiting to keep me busy and out of the kitchen. :)

DramaQueenLucy
01-24-2007, 07:26 AM
The one reason that I am staying on plan today is that I am starting my new plan today and I really need it to work!!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-24-2007, 08:18 AM
My One reason today - I'm starting to worry about my Disneyworld weekend that is coming up soon. I'm going to follow my plan and workout everyday so that I go on the trip with more inches and pounds loss. Hopefully, this will build me up and make me stronger so I will want to stay on plan and not overindulge.

SexyRevealed
01-24-2007, 09:12 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is that I want to go clubbing with my friends and dance all night. I love to dance but can only last for a few songs. I want to be the one they have to DRAG off the dance floor!

Mrs Quadcrew
01-24-2007, 09:14 AM
The One reason I am staying on plan today is:

I LOVE seeing the number go up on my pedometer!!

zoritsa
01-24-2007, 10:16 AM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is because my body is worth feeding it wholesome foods and moving often.My body feels better when I treat it well.

Casey4
01-24-2007, 10:47 AM
is because it makes me feel in control and happier.

LisaMarie71
01-24-2007, 11:11 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I want to feel strong. I feel strong pretty frequently lately, but I want to feel even stronger and I know I will as I get more and more in shape. Why did I go so many years feeling weak? What was I thinking?

NESunshine
01-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Sorry I'm late today! Its been super busy! The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because for some reason it seems very easy today....oh and I'm like a notch away from needing to buy new jeans....all of mine are at the point where they don't even fit with a belt!

jtammy
01-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Tiffany, I love your reason!

I want to stay on plan today, because I went to the doctor this morning, and I was looking FORWARD to getting on the scales. Such a pleasant change from how I used to hate to see them.

shyheart01
01-25-2007, 06:04 AM
My reason for my plan today is because the last 2 days haven't been the greatest :mad: and I know it's time to get back on my plan, me and my family deserve it.:)

rockinrobin
01-25-2007, 07:04 AM
I love my new lifestyle. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! And I want to keep it going.

I love the fact that I've added movement and activity and exercise to my life. I was always so embarassed by my inactivity.

I love what and how I am eating now. The healthy foods in normal sized portions. This is going to sound odd but, I am actually PROUD of how I eat now. In my old life I was ashamed of how I was eating. I had to hide it from the world. I felt sneaky and dirty. Just yuck. There was a lot of shame involved in it for me. Now, I can shout my eating habits from the rooftops. There is absolutely nothing I have to be ashamed of anymore. I eat just as healthy as anybody else, if not more so.

DramaQueenLucy
01-25-2007, 07:43 AM
The one reason that I am staying on plan is that I had a slip last night and I really really didn't like the way I felt after. So today I will go back on plan and back to feelin' good!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-25-2007, 07:46 AM
The One reason today: Because I like the small changes I'm starting to see on my body.

Mrs Quadcrew
01-25-2007, 09:00 AM
Can I say "ditto what Robin posted"?? What a great one!! It is like you read my mind there too. I am not ASHAMED of me anymore. I am on the road to a fit and healthy ME - and I am PROUD of that fact!

SexyRevealed
01-25-2007, 09:15 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I'm worth it. I deserve a healthy (and good looking) body.

Casey4
01-25-2007, 09:51 AM
because I like stealing from RockinRobin posts!:D No seriously, that was a great post RR. I used to eat so much of my food when no one else was around so they wouldn't see what I did to myself. Now I think a nutritionist could look at my food journal and not find a flaw! Gotta love that!

Chestnutlass
01-25-2007, 10:56 AM
The one reason I am staying on plan is that I did not stay on plan at all yesterday. But someone noticed....said "have you been dieting?" I was so excited! It is only about 8 lbs so far, but I think it came off my middle...the most important place for me!

Mari

LisaMarie71
01-25-2007, 11:03 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I'm actually starting to imagine myself doing crazy things like running marathons in the future. I doubt it will happen, but just the fact that I'm even considering the idea is a huge change.

Laura G
01-25-2007, 11:12 AM
The one reason I'm staying on goal today:
so I don't have to worry about my back going out.

boaterswife
01-25-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm staying on plan today because DH and I went shopping and he held up a swimsuit and said "I KNOW you need a new one of these this year!!" It felt good to have positive thoughts about swimwear, instead of what I can cover the swimwear up with!

NESunshine
01-25-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm staying on plan today because eating right and exercising is MUCH easier than not smoking! This is officially day 10 with no cigarettes and I'm just starting to get cravings now that my flu is gone. Thankfully though I've noticed that I've been eating less and had no trouble with my food goals without smoking....strange I always thought it to be the other way around

GirlyGirlSebas
01-25-2007, 01:17 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I'm actually starting to imagine myself doing crazy things like running marathons in the future. I doubt it will happen, but just the fact that I'm even considering the idea is a huge change.

:nono: No negative talking to yourself. Why couldnt it happen? Did you ever think you would be losing weight or running in the first place? Look at you now! You go, girl!

wanna b thin
01-25-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm staying on plan today because I've lost 8 of the 10 pounds I gained on vacation last week and I want to be back to what I was before vacation when I go to WW on Saturday.

Rockinrobin, and so many of you are a great inspiration, you really have got it together. Thanks for posting as much as you do.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-25-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm staying on plan today because eating right and exercising is MUCH easier than not smoking! This is officially day 10 with no cigarettes and I'm just starting to get cravings now that my flu is gone. Thankfully though I've noticed that I've been eating less and had no trouble with my food goals without smoking....strange I always thought it to be the other way around

I am so proud of you! I've often told myself "Girlfriend, if you can quit smoking, you can do anything!" Sunshine, if you can go 10 days, you can go forever! Keep going.

LisaMarie71
01-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Rhonda, thanks so much! You're so positive and encouraging to everyone, and I just want to tell you how much I appreciate that! And look at you -- you're doing great! Ten pounds forever gone!

debsarooni
01-26-2007, 03:43 AM
Im staying on track as Im going to New York in 6 weeks and want to be alittle thinner. Right now Im scared I will be too fat for the plan seat :?:

And in May Im going to my old friends who lives quite far away, 30th birthday and I want to be a couple of sizes smaller and much healthier as I get to meet my beautiful nephew (well not really but she has no brothers or sisters and has very sweetly asked me to be aunty which I love!!!) So I want to be thinner and healthy to play with him.

rockinrobin
01-26-2007, 06:49 AM
My kids have been my biggest cheerleaders by far. They are so excited and happy for me. My middle one, who's 17 hugged me a while back and said to me "Ma, you're so small" She's continued to see that sporadically to me and I told her, that I LOVE when she says that. Now she hugs me every day and tells me that every day - without fail. When they get home from school they want a low down on how I did for the day. Food wise, exercise wise. They look forward to my Monday weigh-in day just as much as I do and never fail to ask me "So ma, how much did you lose this week?" And then they go onto tell me how amazing I am. They are super excited every time I make a new clothing purchase and demand a fashion show so that they can ooh and ahh at me. Not a day goes by where they don't tell me how beautiful I am. Not a day goes by where they don't compliment me on how I look and how proud they are of me. Not a day goes by where I don't wonder how could I have cheated them of having a fit and trim, happy and healthy and active mother.

So yes, this weightloss is for me, first and foremost, but running neck and neck this weightloss is most definitely for my 3 cheerleaders. My 3 gifts from G-d. The 3 most important people in the world to me. And I will stay on plan today for them. And everyday hereafter as well.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-26-2007, 07:50 AM
Hi Robin,

It is awesome that your girls are so encouraging...that is great motivation. My youngest daughter, she's 7, keeps telling me that she doesnt want me to get skinny because she loves my soft hugs! :dizzy:

My One reason for today: Because I dont really 'feel' like dieting today. Today is one of those learning days.....lifestyle vs diet.

Mrs Quadcrew
01-26-2007, 08:14 AM
My ONE reason for staying on plan today is: BECAUSE I LOVE ME!!!

Robin - that is awesome that you have such great kids!!

rhonda - Keep with it girl - we can DO this!!

DramaQueenLucy
01-26-2007, 09:04 AM
My one reason for today is that I want to be healthy I am sick of being sick and not having any energy I want to healthy & fit.

Casey4
01-26-2007, 09:45 AM
my pants are getting longer.:D I guess looser too. :carrot:

Laura G
01-26-2007, 09:51 AM
My reason for today is because I want to be a stronger person - physically and emotionally.

NESunshine
01-26-2007, 10:17 AM
because more and more each day I want this, so badly that I can almost taste it.

LisaMarie71
01-26-2007, 10:36 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I'm hooked! It's become something I'm actually INTERESTED in. I want to see how far I can go with this (I don't mean how thin I can get -- I mean how strong and healthy I can be). Is it possible for me to run a marathon one day? I don't know -- but I'm staying on plan because I want to find out!

SexyRevealed
01-26-2007, 11:05 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I'm not a quitter. I have succeeded in almost every other area of my life. Why can't I win at this?

Chestnutlass
01-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Because the only thing stopping me is me....So I am getting out of my way!

wanna b thin
01-26-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm staying on plan today because it is working. In one week I've lost what I gained on vacation (Yea, I know a lot of it was water) but I'm down 10.5 since Sunday morning. I've tracked my point, went to Curves 4 times this week and drank lots and lots of water. Amazing how when you do the right things it works. Tomorrow is WW WI, and I'm actually looking forward to it now.

shelby897
01-26-2007, 05:21 PM
A little late but....

I'm staying on plan today because I've left the "240's" for the "230's" and I can't wait to get out of here too! Now, when I get to the "199" that may just throw me over the edge:D !!! I've actually started to love exercising, drinking water and eating right -- my god where did this all come from!!!

CrazyCanuck
01-26-2007, 05:48 PM
The one reason I will stay on my plan today is I want to be proud of the image I see in my mirror.

senorita
01-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Because I'm over tonsilitis and can exercise again! Being sick is no fun and so to have a healthy body I have to treat it well.

rockinrobin
01-27-2007, 07:37 AM
I love being narrower and smaller and I want to get even smaller and narrower. Wherever I go I'm always checking out how I fit on the chair. Whether it be the train, the beauty parlor, the waiting room at the dr,'s office, my own home. I love that I actually fit into the seat without hanging over it. I used to sit on my couch at home and take up 1 1/2 seats, now I take up less then 1. It just makes me feel, for lack of a better word, "normal" or "regular".

Casey4
01-27-2007, 10:14 AM
it has gotten to be almost a game or a challenge that I can succeed at. I just keep thinking each day is a new level in my game and I can achieve it.

DramaQueenLucy
01-27-2007, 10:21 AM
The one reason that I am staying on plan today is that I want too, I don't want to be fat anymore.

starchild
01-27-2007, 11:39 AM
The ONE reason that I am staying on plan today is because my favorite pair of black jeans are so loose that I need to move to another size and I am super eager to see and feel the new pair get loose too!

karrier
01-27-2007, 11:45 AM
I am staying on the plan today because I am 22 days cheat free and I'd hate to ruin a perfect record. :carrot: :cb: :bravo: :dancer:

LisaMarie71
01-27-2007, 11:51 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because lots of people told me yesterday how great I look lately, and I want to believe them! The closer I get to my goal, the better I feel about myself in EVERY way.