Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 09:22 AM   #1  

Talking Who loves ya, baby? (Home of the Loozing Floozies #....)

Hello to all of the lovely Floozies out there!

Whether you're a "tried and true" or a lurker "wannabe," you know if you're a Floozie at heart! Come and join our discussion!

Our main goal is to lose weight and keep it off, but we're also here to visit and try to keep each other motivated. Everyone is welcome here, so if you've been looking for a forum "home" perhaps you've found it!

Come on Floozies, let's get talkin'!!

Old 01-10-2007, 09:31 AM   #2  
Losing it!

Love your intro Cheryl! You are such a sweetie!
Old 01-10-2007, 11:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!

Gayle~I'm glad your neighbor was receptive and open to your offer for help! That's gotta be a tough situation. And thanks for the encouragement! I really need it today.......

I've been exercising every day (except Saturdays~gotta have one day off!). I've not had any wine (except for last Saturday~had dinner guests). I've eaten very well (meaning less than 1400 calories per day and limiting my fats). And my weight is back up to 143.5. Yuck.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:30 PM   #4  

Me, too, Gayle. And thanks

Allison, I've been exercising, too. I just keep forgetting to bring my food/exercise journal with me to the computer. I'll get around to updating it...someday.

Last night was my first night of class. We watched a movie--I'd say that's a good start! I had forgotten just how much I like this professor--it's been forever since I've had him for a class. The first book we have to read is Women in Love by D. H. Lawrence. It's 495 pages long and I'm on around page 80. I've got quite a bit of reading to do between now and next Tuesday!

I really don't think this semester is going to be as stressful on me as last semester was. It helps that I've been taking my depression meds EVERYDAY since the new year (that was one of my resolutions, ya know.). I've got to take it all the time, even when I feel like I'm doing fine, which is one of my downfalls--I've got to REMEMBER that it's the medecine that keeps me fine

I hope everyone is doing well!!

Love,
Cheryl
Old 01-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #5  

I have been away far too long and now I got a lot of catching up to do.

Cheryl thank you for starting a new thread for us.
I am glad that you think this symester will be a little lighter of a load for you. Now remember take those little happy pills.

Gayle my condolence and prayers to your neighbors. That has to be rough.
Congratulations to stick to your program. Keep it up and you will see and feel the losses.

Allison just keep at it the scale will drop. Sometimes in our cycle we retain more water than other times. Cutting down the fat will help too.

Shelley how is Mike doing? Is he really down, any leads on a new job?
Wish Patty a Happy 17th birthday for me. Wow 17 already. Our baby's sure grow up fast.
How is the foot doing? It sure has caused you a lot of grief. I am glad that you are still managing to exercise. I know that if you weren't it would drive you crazy. My sister and her family come home tomorrow from Orlando. She said that the kids have loved it.

Debbi that is amazing about your hand. Does it still have feeling?
Have a nice visit with your Dad.

Suzy you get right back on track. You worked hard to lose that weight you aren't going to gain it back. I know that it is tough but ask yourself if what you want to eat is worth it.

Vouge you sure are a go getter. I am glad that you didn't give up on your essay. You are amazing. Way to go. More power to you for sticking up for yourself.

Janice is there snow there now? How about the temps? It turned winter cold this last weekend and it has remained the same. I hate the cold. I just can't seem to warm up unless I jump into the hot tub, which I do before bed every night. No wonder I go away for a good part of the winter. I think that Gayle's weather looks worse by pictures she sent me of the storm.

Sherry where did you go? I thought that you were going to be joininng us. I am waiting for you dear girl. It is ok if you are motivated to lose the pounds yet, just come and visit.

Today I had my tooth finally crowned with a temp. I wasn't sure what would happen since I broke my tooth again on New Years Eve but there was enough tooth to go ahead. Next week I go and get the permanent one on. I wasn't feeling great after the anastetic, they used one with no epineferine (sp?0and my heart still was out of wake on and off for about 4 hours after. I don't understand why.

We bought a new car saturday. We bought a 2003 crysler 300M. It has been Larry's dream car since he rented one in NY. 2003 was the last year that they built this model so that is why we didn't buy brand new. It is in mint condition and low miles. It is fully loaded. Larry loves his toys.

Dez is going for oral surgery on friday to get her wisdom teeth out. They are putting her to sleep. She is going to stay here for a couple of days after. Her old bedroom is in the middle of reno's. Larry is working on drywall and we will install the new windows that we bought that are sitting in the shed since July. Our old house has almost been fully renovated. Just the bathroom left. It is small so there isn't to much that we can do with it.

I gainned a few pounds over christmas so now I have to lose them before Mexico. I am anxious to go. I phone my Aunt and Uncle last night. They are waiting for me. They said that it was 85 yesterday. If only I could warm up this cold body now. I am so cold and I hate it.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:54 AM   #6  

Dee-Thanks for updating us on your family. I hope Dez's surgery turns out okay. Becky really needs to get hers done, but we can't afford it. Mike is working on the house while he is out of work. He is fine. He got a haircut yesterday, just in case some interviews crop up. I am trying to keep my spirits up. I am also taking my little magic pill everyday instead of every other day. It does help tremendously.

Alison-Good for you on the no-wine and exercise! I am so proud of you.

Cheryl-I always look forward to your headings for new threads. They are so creative! You have been doing a wonderful job, even though Sherry shoes are a tough bill to fill! Keep taking those pills, I am! I forget--what are you on? I have been on Prozac for 10 years. I had been taking them every other day or third day, but now I am back to everyday for right now.

Gayle-Those pictures you sent are amazing. I couldn't find the cow though. Is work getting better for you?

Speaking of work, I'd better get my booty in gear and go. I will try for a bike ride after work today.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:10 AM   #7  
Janice

Dee - We have snow right now and driving yesterday was bad. It is supposed to go above freezing in the next two days so it will all melt again. It is supposed to be really cold next week. The ski slopes have been opening and closing. It is too expensive to try to make snow with the temperatures the way they have been.
I would love to be going to Mexico.
Suzy - I know how you feel. I stay on program for a week and then all at once I inhale all the sweets I can find. Something needs an adjustment in my brain!
I have lost but I could do better if I could just keep control.
Lots of stress at work these days, and I'm a stress eater.
Sherry - Please come and join us again.
Gayle - prayers for your neighbour and her family. I can't imagine what she must be going through.
Speaking of pills I take zoloft every day.
I tried not taking them for a week and would find myself crying for no reason at all. Mostly because my dog is old and it is painful to watch her go down hill. Still I wouldn't normally cry like that!
Needless to say I went back to taking the pill.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:37 AM   #8  

Shelley to get Dez's teeth done which she only has three will be just over $1000. Our insurance covers half. Not cheap but the teeth are so near a nerve that they want to take them out before they give her problems.
I am glad that you and Mike are trying to remain upbeat. You aren't forgot in my prayers. You just keep taking your happy pills too.
Have a look again at the pictures. The cow is so covered with snow you can barely tell what it is. It is about the third or forth pic.

Janice we are at -20 this morning. I have to walk to the Y for my swim and I am not looking forward to it. I am going for my fake and bake tan this afternoon and I am afraid that as soon as I walk out the doors into the cold that my tan will shatter and fall to the ground.
Big controversy on the news today about us sending our cheap drugs south. The states can't keep up with the demand so they are sending up trucks to haul back the discounted drugs. They are saying we need laws in place because it might create shortages and we won't have drugs to buy. I guess the wholesaler can make more money sending them south than what we pay cause an ethical dilema.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:38 PM   #9  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Tim is on a service call today to repair a furnace. Not so different from any other day, but today a person is dead because of a furnace and or chimney malfunction. Ladies, I cannot stress enough how important it is to have your heating systems and chimneys inspected regularly and to have a working carbon monoxide detector in your home. If you have never had your heating system inspected, please schedule a routine service and inspection today and if you don't have a carbon monoxide detector in your home please buy one and install it now!

Ok, that said I return you to your regular Floozie thread...

Janice ~ That's just it...I think I need an adustment to my brain! I saw Wendi Friesen on tv at the beginning of the month. She's a hypnotherapist, and has several cd's out for weight loss. I've been seriously thinking of ordering one to see if it helps.

Dee ~ I was sitting here freezing until I read that it's -20 where you are! That make our 15 seem tropical!

Cheryl ~ I'm glad to hear that things are going well!

Allison ~ Sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up and those extra pounds will be gone in no time!

Shelley ~ I'm glad that Mike is doing well and that's he's keeping busy on the house while he's off work. Hopefully something will open up for him soon!
Old 01-11-2007, 02:07 PM   #10  

Quote:
Big controversy on the news today about us sending our cheap drugs south. The states can't keep up with the demand so they are sending up trucks to haul back the discounted drugs. They are saying we need laws in place because it might create shortages and we won't have drugs to buy. I guess the wholesaler can make more money sending them south than what we pay cause an ethical dilema.
We get similar stuff here. I didn't know anything about companies not being able to keep up with demand here, but the prices are sure an issue. They want to (or may already have) passed laws that make it illegal to buy drugs from Canada (and I think Mexico) because they claim that there is no control over the manufacture in other countries.

WHAT?

Yeah, like Canadians will allow themselves to purchase drugs not knowing if they really contain what the bottle says they do? (Get real!) I mean come on people! Drug companies have to stay in business and they won't stay in business if they sell an inferior product. And to top it all off, aren't they manufactured by the same company anyway?

The drugs probably cost less to manufacture in Canada because they don't have to have all the FDA oversight that goes on here. But I seriously doubt that a company will produce something differently to sell it in a different country. As far as I'm concerned, drugs should be available to whomever needs them and at a reasonable price.

okay, vent over.....

I've had a very busy morning today at work (usually I'm checking in here ate 3FC as soon as I walk in the door). It's almost lunch time! egads. time for my snack!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-11-2007, 10:59 PM   #11  
Losing it!

Hi girls! Quick update for you! I had an opportunity to rent a local salon located inside an assisted living facility. After phone calls to check on liability insurance etc. I decided to go for it. The facility currently houses 37 residents and of the 37, 33 receive services from the salon in the form of hair cuts/perms/manicures/colors etc. I will set my own prices and will be responsible for billing etc. It was such a quick decision, but everything just fell into place. I will set the salon up over the weekend and Monday. Tuesday A.M. I will have a small open house, "Meet & greet" with the residents and serve refreshments. I will officially open for business on Thursday. I will only start out open 2-3 days a week and I am still keeping my other job. After a few months, if the salon is going as expected, I will probably weed my other job out. Wish me luck! The lady I'm replacing was there 10 years but left because of an ill husband and an out of state move.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:46 PM   #12  

Gayle~That is so wonderful!!! Good luck with the new business venture!!! My MIL used to run an assisted living center, so I know what you'll be in for. You'll do great! Way to go!!!
Old 01-12-2007, 06:04 AM   #13  

Gayle-Congratulations!! I didn't know you were a hair stylist. I am so proud of you!! Best of luck!
Old 01-12-2007, 07:45 AM   #14  
Janice

Gayle - YOU GO GIRL! It sounds like a wonderful business opportunity.
I am sooooo happy for you. I know your other job is getting you down. Everything happens for a reason.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:18 AM   #15  
Losing it!

Thank you for the well wishes! Help me come up with a salon name quick! I don't want anything cutsie or over the edge but yet something that will catch attention and out of the norm. I can't believe how fast all of this is happening!
Closed Thread