Support Groups - ~~The Thin Group # 64~~

View Full Version : ~~The Thin Group # 64~~

Sassy
10-11-2001, 09:26 PM
Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Sassy Sharon

Sassy
10-11-2001, 09:30 PM
I didn't even realize that we had as many postings on # 63 till I did posted and than posted again to Jello. Than I see that we have 30 posts and are on page # 2 and we always start a new one at # 29 so I started # 64 and am bring my last couple of posts over to this new one while I am at it. So here is the first one and than there is one for Jello.

Hey guys,
Wow this is great we picked up a couple of new members in our club. First Kolika than cherrycoke/Mavis. This is so wonderful to have you both here. You will love this wild and crazy group. We will all lose together.

Jello-Yes I have heard of the Cyclone diet too. I saw it in my local drug store here. I think it may be just like that Hollywood Diet that comes in a bottle too. I think it may be just too good to be true. I mean you may lose weight, but I'll just bet as soon as soon as you go back to eating normally-BAM back it comes again. LOL I wouldn't try it but to each his or her own I always say. Awwww I'll just bet your new do looks great on you. You must look so cute.

Judy-Hey I am so glad you posted again and it sounds like you are getting to be the old Judy once again, even though you have been through so much this past year. Thanks for the kind words about me. I too feel that this group would not be the same either without our Judy. I always enjoy your posts and miss you when you are gone for a while. Good idea on the Healthy Choice dinners. I too have a freezer full of them, those, Weight Watchers and Lean Cuisine too. They are just great for me cause there is not the chance that I will have seconds and thirds and so on when I eat them. They are pretty good arn't they? Soon you will be right headed in the right direction again. YOU GO GIRL!

Kolika-Hey wow you used to live in Indy by me? Man I love Ben Davis High, they sure have an awesome band there. My 4 kids were all in band so if I know your town it is usually cause I have seen the band perform at competitions. LOL You have been to our fair town of Columbus eh? Wow that is great. Yes Ceraland is a great place to camp as is Brown County with all those hills they have. Is your real name Kokika? That is an interesting name I think. I like your plan for losing weight too. Hang in there, you are really trying hard weight wise. All you can do is you best and if you have a not so good day just get right back on track cause one day is not going to do you in. Just remember to take things one day at a time and you will do well. You asked what program everyone is on? I am on Weight Watchers and really like the program. It sounds like you and Mavis/Cherrycoke are old buddies. Did you know each other before? I am glad she joined and you inspired her to join up with us.

cherrycoke-So glad you have joined our merry group Mavis. I know you had posted with us in the Thanksgiving Challenge and really wanted you to come on over here with the rest of us and you did. You said you were a Brit-hey we love Brits especially around here. The Brits and the Americans have been joining forces kicking Osama Bin Ladens guys butts in Afganistan eh? Now nothing to get scared about here, like CJ says we don't bite at all. LOL I know you are happy you posted with us and I for am glad too to have you with us.

CJ-My gosh you have snow there already? I am NOT ready for snow yet. LOL Sorry you didn't have a loss at you WW meeting, but I know you are glad you didn't gain though. I wish you all the best for losing those 7 more pounds for you daughters upcoming wedding. I can't wait till we see each other, I miss ya. Dick is flying to Maine? Why don't you tag along too? It might be fun. I have always wanted to go to Maine.

Kim-I am so proud of you for being able to say no to you friend. I too feel that she takes advantage of your friendship and asks you to go above and beyond what she should expect you to do. Now that you have been able to say no to her once it should get easier the next time. If she gets hurt feelings over you saying no, than maybe you can sit her down and tell her how you feel. If she is a friend she will understand and she may not even realize that some of the things she is asking is an impostiton on you and she is not being fair to you. As far as Hannah going over to her house, I would just not let Hannah go over there if that is the way you feel. Just don't ask her anymore that's all. Your daughters health and welfare have to come first. There is nothing more important than her. Good luck!

Sandi-Hey there, glad you posted and you sure are a busy busy girl arn't you? Post again and let us know more about what you have been doing.

Gail-Hey girlfriend, Miss you lots and lots and hope that you are doing well. Hope you come back soon when the time is right for you. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{GAIL}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Chrissy-Hi there Sister in law. I was happy you called on my dear brother Rick's 2 yr anniversary of his death. I can't believe that is has been 2 whole years can you? I miss him so much and know you do too. He was such a good husband and a great brother to me too. I loved talking to you on Oct 5th, thanks so much for the phone call. I am happy to hear that you are doing so well with you school. You sure are doing well and will have you degree as a programmer before you know it. I am sure proud of you and love you much.

Well I have been doing well in the weight loss department. I lost another 2.8 lbs this week so that .4 lb gain last week didn't hurt too bad. So now I have lost over 36 lbs and this time I am going all the way down where I want to be. So I will keep on doing my best to get there. So onward and downward.

On Saturday Ken and I are going to Fort Walton Beach, Florida to see my daughter Tracy who is in the Air Force and stationed there. She is graduating from Leadership School on this Tuesday, she got a promation to Staff Sargent and also re-enlisted for another 4 years. There will be a dinner/awards ceromony with all the big wigs there. So we will be a couple of proud parents and she is sooo happy that we will be able to be there with her that night. It will be great to see her again and maybe to take a dip in the Gulf Of Mexico again. But don't worry I just go up to my ankles I love it there and hope that the weather is good while we are there. It has been raining constantly here and has been getting colder every day here. I will post when we come back and will miss you guys much.

Love ya, Sassy Sharon

Sassy
10-11-2001, 09:33 PM
One more thing, Jo you were talking about the Small Sucesses thread we used to have. So why don't you go and start one for us. That way we can all join in and it'll be fun too to go there and see things we can relate to and how well we are doing in overcoming problems and the small successes we achieve. So feel free and we will all join in.

Love ya, Sassy Sharon

CH
10-11-2001, 11:06 PM
Hello Ladies, I tried to print the last forum, it was 30 pages! I really was going to try to catch up. My printer stopped in the middle so I cancelled it. I will just have to try something else.

I had a great week-end in Bloomington. Ate at a great place called Scholar's Inn. Highly recommend it! Great baked fish.
Came home to find out one of my favorite students was killed in a car wreck. She was 21 yr. old and an senior at UK. I taught her in the third grade and also taught with her mother for years. It was a terrible shock. For 2 days I ate badly, stress does that to me. I am on target again but haven't weighed in this week. I really don't care at the moment. Suddenly weight is not the most important thing in my life.

Welcome to the new ones. Don't worry about keeping up with everyone. I've been here 3 yrs. (I think) and I can't keep up with half of us. If you need to know anything ask CJ or Sassy. They have photogenic memories. they are also younger than me!

Am going to see my daughter in Bowling Green tomorrow. After this week-end, I just want to hug her and tell her I love her.
Love Ya all, Carolyn

KimV
10-12-2001, 01:40 AM
:dizzy: Hi!!

Man, can't believe it! Two days in a row for me posting!!!:)

My friend and family just left, and Hannah is in bed. Chad called to say he's going to be late, taking a friend to Wal mart then home, so I finally get a few moments to myself.

This has been a strange, crazy weeks with Hannah. She has been an energetic bundle. She is climbing all over everything. She likes to climb on our kitchen chairs. These look more like office chairs, with rollers and made out of leather. Anyway, she got her head caught in one, and it took Chad and me to get her out. One to hold the chair and one to hold her. Poor thing, she was just hanging there from her neck. It was all I could do from crying with her, then throwing the chairs out. We ARE getting different chairs as soon as we can afford it!!! Ones w/out rolloers, or arm rests she can get caught in.

The next day, she was eating Lucky Charms, and got a marshmellow stuck in her nose. Luckily, it wasn't that small and I got it out.

The third day (sunday) she got into chad's meds, and took one (anti-depressant). We honestly thought we had them out of her reach. Didn't know she's discovered how to climb on top of his dresser. They are kept in his top dresser drawer for now. She can climb onto the bathroom counter, so the medicine cabinet is minus meds. That's why they were in our bedroom.

The rest of the week, it's just been constint climbing. Rolling the chairs to the counters, washer and dryer, you name it. This girl has no fear. Plus she has started biting me again when I try to get her down. I've tried everything, even biting back (which I absolutly hated doing), and she laughed at me!!!

Last night, she was playing in her room, nice and quiet. I was in the kitchen. Somehow she got past me and into our bedroom, and climbed onto the computer desk, and fell off. She broke the shelf the keyboard is on, and the keyboard (just the tabs in the back), but she is okay.

I have gone back to using the gate alot more again. She tries climbing on it too, and almost made it over today. I thought I was using it too much for awhile, so I put it away. It is definatly out again!

What am I going to do with her!!!???:?:

Well, now that I've vented, I feel better.

Maybe the extra energy she has now will make me have to run around more and I can burn up some calories!!:lol:

Talk to you later,

Kim

Jello
10-12-2001, 09:41 AM
LOLOLOLOLOL!! :lol: Hey, Ms. Sassy! Wasn't it you who was laughing at me for not realizing I should have started a new thread last time!?!? Neener, neener, neener!! :p LOL! Just kidding, sweetie!

You're right. I probably should start a new Small Successes thread. However... I'M GOING AWAY ON VACATION!!!! Oh, have I mentioned that before? :smug: Since I'm leaving tomorrow for Las Vegas (Hooray!!!) I won't be posting for a while. Maybe either someone else could start it or I could do it when I get back.

Well, girls. My mini-goal of not having a gain crashed and burned. I weighed in last night because I won't have time Sat. morning. I had a 2.4 lb gain!!! :( I'm hoping it's partially because I weighed at night instead of first thing in the morning and also because it's just a different scale. Maybe????? Well, anyway, I won't let it deter me! I think I'm going to try to do my best in Vegas with lots of water and walking but also enjoy some good food. We'll see what happens.

Last night, we went to an open house at the local fire company. A friend of ours is the fire chief there. It was mostly for the kids about fire prevention, stop-drop-and-roll and what to do in a fire, etc. Then they wanted to show how to use fire extinguishers and needed a volunteer from the audience. I knew I should have snuck out before then! But no, there was Jo spraying foam all over a big old fire. I got the power! They have this little fake house with old furniture in it and they set it on fire and show how firemen have to go in and put it out, etc. Me, I just got to put out a little contained one. Boy, I'll tell you. I wouldn't have wanted to be in that house fire with all that black smoke, etc. Gives me all sorts of respect for fire-fighters!

Well, I think I've rambled enough. I have to spend part of my day locking files on my computer and stashing stuff into desk drawers that I can lock, etc. I'm not paranoid but I do lots of stuff for the company president and other proprietary stuff. Also, there's a girl here who thinks she's such a computer whiz and she's screwed up more machines in this company than I'd care to think about. I refuse to let her anywhere near mine while I'm here. But it's tough when I'm not around. So everything except something someone may actually really need gets locked and partitioned and hidden. Ah, the benefits of dating the company computer guy! :D

Hope you all have a great week next week. I'm hoping to check in from home on Friday but that doesn't always happen. Of course, if I become a millionaire next week, maybe I'll be posting from my new mansion in Hawaii.

Yeah. Right.

Much love to you all!
Jo.

Blunder
10-12-2001, 01:22 PM
CJ. I DID go out to lunch with my friends last week! The day turned out to be sunny and warm so I had no excuse for not going. We went to Applebee's and had so much fun I'm surprised the management didn't throw us out for laughing so loud! We've made plans to go to OKC next month and spend the day shopping. They've told me to be sure to wear comfortable shoes because they plan on making me do a LOT of walking!

My first husband's sister asked me if I would teach her how to embroider. She's been coming over once a week on her day off from work. We sit here and sew and gossip and laugh and both of us really look forward to the next time she will be here. I thought at first that she was pulling my leg when she said she didn't know how to embroider, but she really didn't have the faintest idea where to start! We're going to enroll in a quilting class when the next session starts (probably in Jan.). I think I'll really enjoy that.

I have started cleaning out closets this morning. I have all Cal's clothes folded on my bed. I will have to put them in bags or boxes before I can go to sleep tonight........ Maybe I'll just sleep on the couch.................

I finally stepped on the scale a few days ago. 260 !!!!!!! This morning I weighed again and I've lost 2 lbs. this week. 258!!!! I'm going in the right direction again. I sure hope I can keep it going that way!

It has taken me all morning to get this much typed. My phone hasn't stopped ringing! It's a curse, being so popular! LOL

There is so much I need to do around the house but I just can't seem to get myself started! Housework has never been one of my favorite things. With just me here now I only have a dishwasher load maybe twice a week. I do one load of laundry a week whether I want to or not. I need to dust, vacuum and mop, but why? No-one's here but me and my critters and they don't care if the house is a mess!

Love you all! Have a good weekend.

Hugs, Judy

KimV
10-12-2001, 08:40 PM
Hi friends,

Just a quick test to see if I can post. Had some probs today with the computer, and just got done doing the system recovery disks, and trying to get to my e-mail. If I really knew what I was doing, it probably would help alot more:?:

Going to go. Got a messy house to clean, and don't want to spend the weekend doing it.

Love,

Kim:)

MK
10-14-2001, 02:07 AM
Hi everyone. It is me again. The tournament is finally OVER. After 11 weekends that is enought. I sorta feel lost now. I don;t have to be at work at 6am Sunday (today it is 1 am now). I will work at 4:30 pm instead. Next year we are supposed to have tournaments from April until Oct. This will be every weekend. For those of you who don't know, I work at a bowling center. I don't know if I can make ;it through it all. People just don't understand what it is like. We work, myself and another lady, 10 hours a day. We get no breaks. 99% of the time we don't eat all day. I do get to go to the restroom once or twice. The snack bar is the only place that stays busy the whole time. By the end of the tournament we are so craby dealing with the people. Most of the people are realy nice, but it takes all kinds I guess. It is over for the next few months anyway.

Judy: Sorry to hear about Cal. Your quilting class seems like it would be fun. Will you be making your own or working on one quilt with every one esle?

Jo: Hope your trip to Vegas goes well.

KIM: Your Hannah is a typical I think you said 2 year old. They sure keep you jumping. It sounds like you are doing a great job teaching her. Great job on telling your friend you didn't want any company. Did she understand?

Well, I think I had the longest B-day in history. Since last weekend was the last of the tournament, the lady I work with decided that we would celebrate her bday and mine on Sat. the 6th. Hers was on the 4 and mine would be coming up on the 10th. There was a big deal which I won't get into. We ended ;up with 2 bday cakes. lots of presents. I am not complaing, but one cake would have been enough for the both of us to share. Anyway, it took us all day to open the presents because we were working. We didn't get to the cakes until after we finished work on Sunday. Then my husband who NEVER buys me a cake because no one else likes story bought cakes, gets me one. He picked it up on Tuesday. He didn't just get alittle on, he got a 1/4 of a sheet cake. I finally had my bday on Wed. I was so happy to get it over with. I don't need a birthday for the next 5 years. LOL:lol:

Well, this is saying something about message length so I guess I better go will be back soon. Mary Kay

Blunder
10-14-2001, 11:30 AM
I went to the movies last night with my friend from across the street. (Her husband died about a year ago.) We saw "Corky Romano", funnnnny, filled up on popcorn and soda and had a real good time! We plan on doing it again real soon.

Just finished embroidering a set of "days of the week" tea towels for my sister's Christmas present. She loves things like that. Today I think I'll make a hot pad to go with the set and make a pillow out of a latch-hook piece that my grandaughter did a few months ago. See how exciting my life is! Anything to keep from doing housework! HaHa

Mary Kay, I think I will be making my own quilt. At least I hope so. I'm going to start looking at patterns and materials and kind of plan ahead for when the classes start. I want to be prepared!

Kim, I understand what you mean about your Hannah being a handfull! My grandaughter Kaitlyn is ten months old already, and walking, no, RUNNING everywhere. She is a climber too, can't leave her in a crib or playpen, she climbs up and falls out! She sure keeps her mom and dad and Allura busy trying to keep up with her. The latest thing she has learned is how to take off her diaper and run around naked. She's a wild child!:lol:

OH, and for a small success.....I started my food journal in the DietWatch program again! I don't know why I stopped using that program, it is so much easier for me when I keep eveything I consume right before my eyes! Sometimes a shock too!

Jo, hope you're having tons of fun now that you finally got to go on vacation. Win lots of money, enjoy yourself, but hurry home 'cause we miss you!

Everybody seems to be doing so well on their weight loss. I'm starting over again, one more time! Sure hope I can stay with it this time!

Gotta go. My son is on Instant Messenger wanting to talk.

Hugs, Judy

CJ
10-14-2001, 02:51 PM
Saw Cherrycoke's (Mavis) post on #63 so thought I would bring it over to the present thread. I'll be back later to post myself...

Love, CJ

Cherrycoke's post from #63:

Well here I am, and thank you to all for the welcome. I feel I know you all already as I have been loitering on the outside for so long.
About me, I am 54 married with one daughter (tried it once didn't like it) and have battled with my weight forever!!! This time I have been dieting since 30 April and have lost approx 42pounds. I weigh in at my doctors once a month. I was taking Xenical but at my last doctors visit we decided that as I am eating a very low fat diet I don't really need to take it anymore and as the doc has me popping so many pills for various things I was glad to agree. I weighed myself yeaterday morning and I had lost another pound so I can do it without the tabs.

"Onwards & Downwards"

CH
10-14-2001, 04:17 PM
Happy Sunday Everyone, the sun is out, the sun is out!!! It has been raining here for 3 days. I was about ready to start building an ark! But I am better today because the sun is out.

Judy, glad to see you posting. It sounds like you are doing some new things, that's great. I always promised myself when I retired I would learn to quilt. And if I ever really retire I will. I have some beautiful ones my grandmother did for me and I have collected books to learn how to quilt but time seems to be a problem. Good luck to you, let me know which you are going to start on.

Jo I hope you are having a ball. Knowing you- it's probably a sure thing. That town won't know what hit it. E-mail me from your mansion in Hawaii.

Kim- Sounds like your daughter is going to make sure you get some exercise. Two and three year olds are very good at that. Someday you will laugh at all these things Hannah has done. (It's great memories to tell future boy-friends. I love telling on my Sarah.)

I am back on track with WW this week. The beginning of the week wasn't great but this week-end has been easier on me.

Everyone have a great week and I will check in later.
Carolyn

Dreamer
10-15-2001, 01:49 AM
Hello everyone

First up – Judy it is so nice to hear (well read) you sounding like your old self. I cannot imagine what have been through, but you have obviously come through with your spirit intact and brightening everyday. I also cannot believe Kaitlyn is ten months now! Wow!

Jello – a couple of pounds, whatever. Your progress this last year has been really inspiring, don’t let this bother you, next week weigh-in will be much better I’m sure :)

Kim - my gosh girl, all that running around after your little one must be exhausting!

Okay well must be short and sweet – I’m back at work. 3rd week back, I’m working 4 days a week. My bf is at home with Charlotte at the moment, but he goes back to work next week and then she goes 2 days to his Mum, 2 days to a friend and Wednesday with me. I’m missing her a lot, but I like working. Sue me ;) What I don’t like is expressing 3 times a day – urgh! But I’m very pro-breastfeeding, so I’ll keep it up (plus I think it’s finally starting to help with the weight loss, yay).

I’m walking to and from the carpark each day – almost 15 minutes each way. On Wednesdays we walk for about 30-40 minutes and on the weekend I deliver leaflets so that is about 2.5 hours walking, which I split into 2 days.

So the weight should be falling off, but I eat like 3000 calories a day or something. I’m such a pig!! LOL. Anyways, it is slowly going down, but more importantly, I’m not all flab – you can see a little it of muscle there, just a little.

Charlotte is 6 months today, can you believe it? At the moment we are planning a naming day for next month. Any ideas? I’d love to hear them!
Sam
176 (9 months pg)/148/132

sweet tooth
10-15-2001, 05:31 PM
Hi everyone! I arrived back from the Middle East on Friday evening and it feels wonderful to be home. I haven't quite caught up on everyone's news, but it looks like you were all very busy - I missed one whole thread. I will catch up tonight and then know what is happening with everyone.

I weighed in this morning and lost 3.75 pounds while I was away. I think I lost more than that in Qatar (I was starving cause I couldn't find anything that I wanted to eat), but made up for it in London. Thank goodness I packed some meal on the go bars. Even hubby was in to those. He worked from 7am til 3:00 pm without breaks, so was glad to have something to snack on.

We celebrated our 31st anniversary in London last week by seeing Cats and eating at Planet Hollywood, of course. I had a great time site seeing in London, while he was working. So much to see and do, and not enough time to do it in. I haven't been to London (other than to fly through Heathrow) since high school, so it was good to see things again.

I will write more when I get a moment. Hi to everyone and welcome to all the new people. Take care.

aivlys
10-16-2001, 12:27 AM
Hello Ladies!

I hope you are all doing well. Congratulations to all the losers!!! Keep it up ladies!!! Welcome to all the newbies, you will love it here!!!!

Nice to see you posting again Judy!!! I'm sorry to ear about your daughter ... I agree with everyone ... it was her decision and iti's something she is going to have to live with.

It's been a while since my last post...and what a month it has been!!! My mother in law had a large stroke/brain hemmorrage on October 1st and is paralysed on the left side. My husband is an only child so I have become the "daughter" she never had and is expected to attend to her. I'm beyond stressed out and am having anxiety attacks again. I even forgot my 2nd wedding anniversary the other day, women never forget anniversaries!!! :o My wonderful husband had 14 long stem red roses and 8 red balloons delivered to me at work that day so that brightened my day. I'll stop ranting, it's depressing me just to think of all of it. One day at a time!!!

Well ladies, I will try to post soon ( I won't promise anything)
A big hello to all of you ... sorry for not addressing each of you individually.

Lots of love-

Sylvia

CJ
10-16-2001, 10:56 AM
Well, I tried to write a nice long posting the other nite ... was just about done and this dumb computer decided to “shut down” - everything gone - lost! So I got mad and went to bed! This computer is great when it is working but it has a little “glitch” in it - every now and then it just shuts down! When we come home this trip I am dropping it off to my friends and see if he can figure the problem out! It’s very frustrating!

CH: I am so proud of you ... you are going to make it all the way this time! Speaking of rain ... it has been raining up here in Gaylord for 3 weeks straight! We are trying to get our cement work finished before the snow flies, but this darn rain just does not quit! We’ve even had snow already!

Judy: It’s good to hear you are doing things with your friends and neighbors. You need to be doing that now - keeps your mind occupied and that is good. I bet you will make it this time too on your weight loss ... have fun with the quilting ... Some day, maybe, i will learn to do a quilt. Or maybe I’ll just stick with my knitting and crocheting!

MK: Glad to hear from you ... I bet you are glad to see those tournaments over with! Wow, 3 b’day cakes for your birthday! Happy belated b’day, sorry I missed it.

Slyvia: Sorry to hear about your MIL ... you’re a special person for taking care of her, hope things ease up for you tho.

Sharon: I bet you are having a great time with Tracy. Sorry I didn’t get back with ya before you left , but... it won’t be long and we’ll be having some “buttershots” together again! See ya soon!

Sandy: I don’t have everyone’s email addy here with me at the cabin ... so I will send you what you requested when we get home, ok? Sorry.

Kim: How did your computer turn out? Everything working fine now? Aren’t cmputers so much fun?? LOL Boy, you sure do have your hands full with your Hannah don’t you? She sounds like a real live wire! That ought to be great exercise keeping up with her! Good for you standing up to your friend and saying NO - that was the right thing to do!

Sweet Tooth/Peggy: Welcome back from your trip and way to go on your wt loss! Sounds like you had a great time. I got your updates and will have them posted this Friday. So far so good, I am back OP and hopefully will have a loss to report this week too!

Well, have to run now ... will check back later. Have to put my clothes away (went to laundromat yesterday) and write out bills! YUK! Have a great day everyone!

Love, CJ

kolika
10-16-2001, 04:40 PM
Hello Everyone!!
Had a crazy weekend. We had a camping Samboree in Paducah, KY schedule for months. We were to leave Thursday. Then my little one Christian who is in Kindergarden they decided to have field trip to a pumpkin patch. So she begged and pleaded to go. So hubby left. I stayed one more day. When I picked her up, they had canceled it due to rain. So we made the 3 1/2 trip behind a state trooper all the way down who actually did the speed limit! Of course it rained all weekend so I didn't get to go to the craft show and food tasting in Paducah. But we had a local entertainment group come in Friday then a Barber Shop group Saturday and a Mark Twain one man show. ( I liked, but hubby did not).

Sassy-Kolika is my Hawaiian name for "Doris". I lived there 3 years where my oldest daughter was born. She came back one year from a visit with my name on this keychain. She said she thought it was more appropriate and looked like me (I'm half Japanese) so I been using it since. My parents live near the airport, so I'm always going through Columbus. - Of course it's Halloween and I just read in Columbus there is a haunted bridge!

Kim-Well needless to say I remember I put my head through the kitchen chair too. But I wish I was as young as Hannah was. I was 12 so I usually get to relieve that one, when someone remembers!!!! Also watch the bunkbed if you have one. Those are consider a dangerous piece of furniture for children!

Jo-have fun in Las Vegas!! It's been several years since I've been there. But watch all those food places. Since food is cheap it is so easy to eat more than needed!!!

To everyone else--Gotta love the rain I guess--better than the drought we had a few years ago!!!

Have a happy day
kolika

SandiH
10-16-2001, 08:49 PM
Whew, I think things have finally slowed down at work. They have hired a new gal and this week I am training her and then I will be back to my regular 3 days a week which is just fine with me.
My hubby was going to retire next year when he turned 59. But IBM offered hin such a great buyout that he decided to take it. So as of Nov.1st. he will be retired.I hope we don't get in each others way....LOL He plans to go to our grandkids school and volunteer to be a mentor. He would be good at that.
I am still going to the gym as often as I can with this schedule, but I miss going to some of the classes.
It has been cool and rainy here too. Just the kind of weather that makes one want to curl up with a good book. Anyone read any good ones lately?
My computer kind of crashed so I got a new one and a new email address I am no longer on AOL. I got a free year with msn.

Sam....It is hard to believe that Charlotte is already 6 months old. What is a naming day?

Jo....Have fun in Vegas and win lots. But don't take it all. Save some for me when I go in Nov.

Kim...Yep, them little ones will keep you hopping and jumping and running and etc etc. But enjoy it as they grow up so fast.

Chrissy....Nice chatting with you the other day. Sorry your mom is getting worse with her memory. Gad you are doing so well in your classes. Glad I was able to download aol I.M so we can chat.

C.J.....Thanks for your help. I will be watching for an email from you with the addresses.

M.K......Happy Belated Birthday.

:o :o Sorry I missed it.

Judy....You sure are keeping yourself busy with lunches and movies etc. It keeps your mind off things I am sure. Did you quilt before or just start? I know you do other needlework so thought maybe you had quilted.

Sylvia...Very sorry to hear about your MIL. You are a special gal to pitch in as you are doing. Do you take meds for your anxiety attacks?

SweetTooth.....Were you at all frightened when you went on your trip to the Middle East? Happy belated 31st. anniversary. I like London. So much to do and so many places to see. Haven't been there in about 12 years so I am sure it is different now.

CH....Way to go girl. Keep up the good work and stay O.P.

So off I go to take a nice hot bath and relax. Remember to pray for our country and our troops that are at war now. Love to all....Sandi:D

cherrycoke
10-18-2001, 04:14 PM
Hello again, seems like I posted on the wrong thread, wondered where everyone was, thought I had scared you all away, thanks CJ for putting me right. I have had a very successful week and I'm quite looking forward to my weigh in on Saturday. How sad is that when the highlight of the week is getting on a pair of scales!!
Speak to you all again

KimV
10-21-2001, 04:25 AM
Hi friends,

First, anyone that has my e-mail address, please write me and let me know yours. When I had to redo what ever I did to the 'puter, it wiped out my addresses. I thought I had them written down some where but can't find them.

The good thing about all this is the computer is working right again. I've got sound, my scanner is working, and I'm getting my e-mails again!!!

I thought technology was supposed to make life easier:dizzy: :?: Anyway, it's working.

Hannah is settleing down some. I don't know what got into her for that week or two, but hopefully, some of the energy is gone. At least for while! Unfortunatly, I think the reason is, she hurt herself getting off our bed Tues (or was it Wed) night. She usually has no trouble, but was a little too close to her dad's nightstand, and when she went to slide off (feet first, laying on tummy) the bed, she caught the corner of the stand with her left side. I think it's a good thing that it's kind of curved instead of a pointy corner, like mine is. Poor thing has three good size ugly bruises and is sooo tender. If she con't to be this fussy, and painful, got to get her x-rays on Mon. to be on the safe side.

Had my annual physical Tues. and everything seems fine. Unfortunatly, the weight went up two pounds. I know the prob is I don't drink water (hardly at all), and we have been very tight on money, and I'm buying what I know hubby and hannah will eat, and it is not always the best for me to lose weight with. Plus, I eat supper with him at night, around midnight. He works seconds, and eats supper then, but he doesn't go to bed until like 4 or 5 in the morning. Me, I try to be asleep by 2.

guess that's all for now. Hannah is awake, and I'm going to go and try to rock her back to sleep. Most of the time, she can cry/fuss herself back to sleep without a lot of trouble, but the last few nights she hasn't been able too. I think it's her side still bothering her.

Kim

aivlys
10-22-2001, 02:41 AM
Hello ladies!

Just popping in to say a quick hello. Can I say that I hate the month of October for this year? I think I mentioned that my Mother in law suffered a stroke on the first well, her brother had a stroke this last Thursday. We haven't told her and have no plans of telling her until she gets better. He's not doing very well, the doctors can't stop the bleeding and it's weakening his heart. Poor Marcel (my husband) is trying to be strong but it's hard.

The good news is, all of this is making us realize that we need to eat very healthy. Hopefully, something good will come out of all of this.

It's almost 11pm and I'm still doing laundry ... spent most of the day running between hospitals. Oh well, so much for beauty sleep! :)

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!

I'll try to post soon ... hopefully with some positive news!!

Sylvia

sweet tooth
10-22-2001, 02:50 PM
I just got back from WI and feel a bit down. Although I lost 1.5 pounds this week, I was hoping to reach my mini-goal of 30 pounds total lost. I'm still stuck at 28.25 pounds lost, another 1.75 pounds to go to the mini-goal. I just thought of it, though, I have surpassed my Thanksgiving challenge goal by.5 pound. Yahoo. Something to cheer about, anyway.

aivlys - So sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. It puts so much extra work and stress on you to try to manage both your job and the extra burden at home. That's on top of the worry about her health. Take care of yourself, too, so that you don't get sick yourself.

KimV - I have been reading about your struggles with Hannah and feeling for you. You are such a good parent and she needs your love so much. I'm glad that she is settling down a bit now. You certainly do need that for a bit to recover some strength, yourself.

cherrycoke - OK, OK, how did the weigh-in go on Saturday. I'm waiting to hear how well you did this past week.

Sandi - Our trip to Qatar was uneventful, for the most part. We left there two days before the bombing started. However, there was an increase in air traffic over the 2 weeks that we were there. Our hotel was right beside the American air base there, so the planes were flying all night. One of the other Canadians that I met there said that there were a lot more planes around than the month before. I had nothing to measure it on, except that the noise kept me awake all night. The country, itself, if very safe and was a pleasure to visit.

CJ - It is so good to see that you are on the way down once again. Keep it up for another week. I will send my weekly stats to you before Friday. Thanks so much for your encouragement. I really appreciate it.

Gotta run now. Hubby just phoned and told me he was waiting for me to come for lunch. Have a great week, everyone. Bye.

Blunder
10-25-2001, 11:39 AM
Just because I don't post very often doesn't mean the rest of you can get away with it! Get on back in here and let us know how you all are doing.

Jo, when you are out of town the group just falls apart! Hurry home! I think you post more often than most of us and I for one really miss you!

Guess what! Last Saturday I fell in love! I went out looking at new cars and found just what I wanted! It's not brand new but looks like it is. Even smells new! A program car with 39,000 miles, a '98 Nissan Altima, silver with blue-gray interior, new tires, loaded with all the bells and whistles I could have ever dreamed of. But the best part of all, I only paid $8500.00 and my two old clunkers. I'm so proud of myself!

I've paid off all my bills and bought myself a car and I still have enough money left out of the insurance money to have my house remodeling finished. And to think Cal didn't even know that the company carried a policy on him! Somebody up there is sure looking out for me! I must not be such a bad old broad after all!

I went to Hobby Lobby last week and bought a latch-hook rug to make. Their kits were on sale for half price, and you all know I just can't pass up a bargain. It is sure turning out to be pretty. Does anyone know how to finish off the back once I get it finished? I would like to put it on the floor but I don't like the idea of anyone walking on it! Hanging it on the wall is out of the question. There won't be any wall space left after I get all my cross-stitch pieces framed and hung. I'm moving on Girls, keeping myself busy!

Speaking of moving.......Time to get myself dressed and go see what WalMart has to offer today! LOL

Hugs, Judy

Jello
10-25-2001, 01:50 PM
Hi Ho! It's me! Poor Jo. Still poor ... but happy. ;) Judy, thanks for missing me! But I've been back in town since about midnight last Thursday. I just have not had one single moment to catch up with all of you. Not that there've been many posts. :nono: Come on you guys! You know I miss you all. Actually, I have been coming in to read but haven't had time to write.

Anyway, the trip to Las Vegas: Vegas and the hotel, etc. were WONDERFUL!!!! The Philadelphia Airport was a living breathing nightmare!! :mad: We spent hours in lines, several of which were the WRONG lines (we found out after about a half an hour), the personnel were all nasty and surly, the construction was horrible, the shuttle bus showed up only when it really wanted to, etc. etc. etc. Now I understand the need for security as much as the next guy but come on!!! McCarran Airport in LV was efficient and quick and still safe and secure. Phila's got the reputation for being one of the worst in the country and I can vouch for that! :(

Ah, but the trip itself was (did I mention) WONDERFUL!!! No, we didn't win millions (or even thousands) but had a great time. The hotel was very nice, people were friendly, the weather was absolutely gorgeous and there were less crowds than there might have been which made it even nicer. My only complaint is how quickly the week went! Oh, and another teeny tiny little complaint ... Saturday weigh-in. Actually, it wasn't as bad as it could have been I guess but it follows the week after I had another gain so that's two weeks in a row. Wasn't I the one who said I wouldn't have any more gains for the rest of the year?? Humph!

Well, I'm back on track. Actually, last Saturday was our first class in the area's new WW center. No more meeting at the VFW which is a little sad but the new center's so nice and new and clean, etc. Only problem is there are just rows of chairs and no big round tables for us to sit at and gab. Hm, could they be telling us something? :lol: Another good thing is that this center has an express meeting at 7AM on Friday mornings which will work out great if I have to miss Saturday's meeting for a trip or something. I can stop on my way to work.

Whew! I've gotten long-winded rather quickly haven't I? Judy, sounds like things are going well for you. I'm so glad. :) "New" car sounds great!! Nothing like a new set of wheels! And a great deal too!

Well, have to go now. Almost lunch time and today that means errands. Have to pick up a print job at the local printer for the boss but I've decided to do that on company time. That's fair, right? No more being taken advantage of! It's not like this company appreciates it anyway. :p

Hope to hear from all of you guys soon! Now that I'm back to reality, etc. I guess I should get involved with the weekly updates, Thanksgiving challenge, small success thread and maybe a few others (Christmas? End of the year?).

Meanwhile, have a great day!
Much love, Jo.

KimV
10-26-2001, 01:35 AM
hi:(

just been a bad day all around. chad and i are fighting over a bill i didn't pay on time. but it got paid. it was a combination of an oversight on my part, using the money for another bill (my gas bill is more important to me than the stupid satallite), having to get car ins. (got cancelled due to chad's 3 wrecks, and 2 tickets in the last 3 yrs), and of course needed groceries. anyway, chad got mad at me, took all the money to work with him--or so i thought. didn't go to work. put money down for a tattoo of hannah he's getting done on sat. and bought a basketball goal. just getting the utilities caught up, now this. he gets mad and accuses me of not paying bills, but i can't pay them if he doesn't go to work. i can't talk to him about it as he get angry, and 'goes off.'

the only "good thing" the last two days of so is chad is going to therapy, and has been diagnosed with bipolar (aka manic/depression). anyway, he's going to start some new meds, and con't with therapy. if he doesn't do this, i don't think i can con't to stay with him. hannah needs a more stable home. i grew up in an abusive home, and she's not going to live anywhere close to how i did. (no--chad is not physically abusive. before hannah, we both used to be verbally abusive to each other at times, but we have realized that doesn't solve anything).

anyways, i'm bummed, needless to say. i go from anger at him, to crying and wishing he would decide not to come home. hopefully, things will get better.

going to go. he's been sleeping, and is stirring now, and don't feel like listening to him complain about me being on the computer. don't need anymore today.

kim

Jello
10-26-2001, 12:02 PM
{{{KIM}}} It probably won't help you to know that I've heard that the one thing that most couples fight about the most is money. Sorry you're having such a rough time but it's good to know that he's going to therapy and on prescription drugs. Hopefully, that will help. My ex was abusive both physically and (mostly) verbally and emotionally. I know how it is. I used to love it when he worked nights and I worked days because I never saw him. But you've got Hannah to worry about too and that makes it tougher. Hang in there. I'll be thinking of you. My email is nowjustjo@yahoo.com. Write if you want to "talk".

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here wondering why it's not the weekend yet. Why is it the week after you get back from vacation is sooooo long??? :( I just want to go home to bed. Haven't been sleeping well lately. :?: Good thing we get an extra hour this weekend!

Public service announcement: Twice a year when you adjust your clocks for daylight savings time/standard time, you should change the batteries on your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.

Off my soapbox now...

I'm obsessing about weigh-in tomorrow. (Oh well, there's a shocker, eh?) But it's what I do and I'm hoping it won't be bad. Didn't get my walk in last night as usual and I really missed it. Unfortunately, I did go to the VFW for a beer or two and if I didn't do that, I'd miss that too. Tried sitting there drinking only Diet Coke but then the caffeine keeps me awake all night. Hmm, what to do, what to do?? Hope that now that it's getting colder and will be getting dark earlier, I'll just want to stay home and do some crafts or something. How's that for trying to look at the bright side of approaching winter?

Well, I made the mistake of walking over to the other side of the department and saw all the cakes and danish and stuff they have over there. Now my stomach's growling. Hoping there are some fat free pretzels in the vending machine. And all that salt will force me to drink more water. Hm, this could work.

Off I go. Hope you all have a good one.
Much love, Jo.

CJ
10-26-2001, 12:14 PM
Hello everyone - we're back home now for a little bit ... cabin and fifth wheel is all closed up and winterized ... had to do it all in the snow! Yes, you heard me - was snowing up north yesterday (2nd time this year already)! And it was getting colder and colder - it's good to be home, if only for a while. We'll be leaving again on the 8th or 9th (haven't decided yet) for our trip to Kansas for our daughter's wedding on the 17th - with a stop first to spend a couple days with Sharon! Can't wait - Sharon, we'll be there soon! I have soooooo much to do today but am feeling lazy! But, I had better get busy and do something! Have many things to do before leaving ... and time flies so fast! We'll be going back up to the cabin after the Kansas trip for a couple more weeks - then home for a couple months.

Kolica: Congrats on those 2 lbs you lost! Good job. I posted the new stats this morning - you got a smiley!

Sweet Tooth: You too! Way to go! And already you made your Thanksgiving goal! That's great!

Judy: You go girl! Keep yourself busy that's the thing to do! You are doing so well ... Glad to see you posting a lot with us too - I think you may have me beat! LOL

Jo: Sounds like you had a lot of fun in Vegas - isn't it great there in October. That is when we used to always go - Not too hot, Not too cold! Yes, I think you should get in our updates too girl ... And I will let you start the small successes thread since it is your idea ... speaking of small sucessess - we were in the store last week and I had the craving (don't get choc cravings often) for chocolate covered raisins (Our grocery store in Gaylord has the biggest, greatest choc covered raisins) ... well, I even had them in the bag (you scoop your own) and was looking for the tag you put on the bag for checkout ... could not find any ... by the time I finally found one, I decided that I wanted to get into the 160's more than those raisins .. so I put the bag down and walked away! Now, was that a small success or what???!!!

Slyvia: Hang in there sweetie, things will get better ... I believe God only gives us what we can handle ... prayers for you and hubby and his mother and uncle.

Kim: So sorry to hear of your hubby problems too .. hang in there, I'm sure things will get better, especially if your hubby can get meds for his condition. They really do help ... but whatever your choices are, whatever you do, YOU CAN DO IT and everything will work out.

Sharon: It's almost that time girl! I'm so excited to see you guys again! And maybe, just maybe, I may have a little surprise to show you when we come ... we'll see (that'll keep ya guessing won't it?) Talk to ya soon!

Gail: Where are you girl? Miss your posts. Hope everything is ok with you. Miss you!

Well, maybe after xmas I will "rejuvinate" our website some. I need to update the birthday page and the monthly page ... does anyone go there anymore? Any suggestions on something you would like to see on our webpage that we don't have? Are you interested in a private chat room for our group? OR: who has icq? all you oldies remember how we used to always get together on icq for chats? That was so much fun ...

Well, later girls ... got to go and get something done. Talk to ya all later...

Love, CJ

CJ
10-26-2001, 01:56 PM
Hmmmm ... wouldn't ya know it ... Now that I have time to post no one is around ... ok ... guess I will go shopping.

Love, CJ

CJ
10-26-2001, 01:57 PM
I am feeling in a devilish mood today ... haven't done this one in a long time....

Here goes...

CJ
10-26-2001, 01:58 PM
STOP!! This is the last post on this thread …. Please go to THE THIN GROUP #65

Love, CJ

hee hee hee!

sweet tooth
10-26-2001, 02:12 PM
OK CJ, I'm here. I just haven't had time to put anything into my head yet this morning.

Last night was the recognition of long service employees - hubby has been working here for 25 years and I have been here for 15 years. It has been a hectic week...two days in Calgary, with a day in Edmonton in the middle. Lots of driving this week, and another 3 o'clock morning today to get to Calgary for 8:00 am.

Didn't do very well at the reception last night - too many tempting foods and stuff, so that makes the third day this week that I have been over my point allocation. Monday's weigh-in will not be pretty. I will try to be good for the next 3 days to see if I can re-coop some of my naughtiness.

Sounds like you are settling in back at home again. I love to go away, but love to come home to my little old house. Shopping, I loooove to shop. Go for it...and hurry.

Just a comment for everyone - please keep my daughter in your prayers. When we arrived home from the Middle East, she informed us that she was being sent to New York - Ground Zero to do crisis counselling. She has sent a few emails describing some of the events happening in the Red Zone that haven't hit the news. It has certainly had a great impact on her and will stay with her for always. She also has a 5 month old baby that she had to leave at home with her hubby. She was not weaned when out daughter left and would not take a bottle. Dad has been at home coping with this while she is gone, too. Thanks.

Gotta go. That darn work thing is calling again. I just hear it faintly, but the noise is getting louder...