Support Groups - Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks 01/09/07

martiniforme
01-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Well, with Jasmine being so busy, we all forgot to start our new weekly thread!
See, Jasmine? We're lost without you!

What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?
A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

So let's do this!

martiniforme
01-09-2007, 10:46 AM
stopeating:
YOU ARE AMAZING!!! 78 flights is nothing to smirk at! That is quite a challenge, and you are awesome for having done it!! I have a stepper, but I can't use it because of my hip. It aggravates it, and I end up paying for it for weeks after! And I am in LOVE with mushrooms! I would marry them if I could! Ladies, seriously you should try making your own pizza. I was successful, and it tasted great, and was quite a bit healthier than ordering pizza in/eating pizza out. This is because I was able to control what went in to my crust, in to my sauce, and how fresh/unprocessed my toppings were!

Hpnotq:
Don't you just love how great you feel after exercising? I always feel so refreshed when I decide to get off my butt and walk somewhere instead of getting MIL or DF to drive me!

Jo:
Good on starting the new program! My interest in this is definitely piquing at this point!

Sharon:
I hope you're feeling much better! I had a pretty nasty fever at the end of last week as well.

Nikaia:
I am so certain he appreciated it. I know that when one of my brothers sends me a quick message, even if it's just to say, "Hope you're doing well with your weight goals! Love ya!", I always just feel so good after. So I can only imagine that you driving so long to see him perform has got to do great things for his self esteem! You're a great sister :hug:

Jo:
Good for you for sticking to the program and starting it! I miss the rain so much from when I lived on the west coast (Canada), but I also don't mind all the beautiful snow we get in Northern Alberta. I love it!

Jasmine:
I never even doubted that you could get back to 208! And man, that broth sounds GOOD!

Sharon:
I'm really sorry to hear about your dad and DH. I hope they feel better! And I can definitely help you with your tickers. Are you making your own from scratch, or are you using a 3FC or tickerfactory.com ticker? Can you please send me a message with the code you are using with your tickers? I can correct any errors I see, test them, then send them back to you showing where I made the changes so that you can change them whenever you want :)

Nikaia:
At least you did something!!! Good for you!

cacmsc:
Welcome to H&HCC! We're always glad to have you (even if we have to share you with someone else LOL)!

Jo:
I'm bad with the eating at night. I try to hold off on my evening snack until about 8pm (I sleep at around 11). And I try to eat something low cal, but high filler. For this I usually eat a mini bag of SmartPop popcorn. It's actually quite a bit to eat, and takes me a while, but only 100 calories :D

I will be back today after work to update on myself :D

Jasmine31
01-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Hey sweetie!! I forgot all about it! :lol: Thanx for starting it!! Can't wait for your update!!

Jasmine31
01-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Mia:

jasmine i made spanish rice with brown rice and the spanish beans i just used my family's recipe but used brown rice instead of white it tasted almost the same i actially got my workout this morning how is everyone

That sounds yummy! Today I am making chili beans and sp. rice! Maybe you should post your recipe in the healthy chicks recipe thread! :D

Canuk4:

That is so nice of you to take care of your dad! Sometimes I take a break from trying to lose too. Sometimes I just maintain which is nice too. WHat you copuld focus on instead is just straight healthy eating and exercise, sometimes it takes the pressure off trying to lose!!

Nikaia:

Hope you feel better soon!

cacmsc:

Welcome! We are glad to have ya!!

Is that really me:

Just gone done 3.0 miles in 48:26 minutes on the treadmill. This does not include a 5 min. warmup (I reset the buttons). I don't know about anyone else, but I'm never really warmed up until about 15 minutes after I start but I sure don't have the luxury or time to warm up that long and then try to walk for over 45 minutes! So my goal will be to get those 3 miles done in 45 minutes. It'll probably take me forever to get to that point! Planning on taking the dog out later for a 1.5 mile walk. I'm sore from the Total Gym stuff I did yesterday (I took it pretty easy) but it's not too bad. Just very aware of my muscles in parts of my upper body.

I think I have heard before where 15 minutes is where your heart is just starting to get a good workout too.

Eating is going ok. I'm using Fitday to track everything. I like it because all I have to do is put in the food and it does the math for me. Plus, I like the graphs it gives for protein, fat and carbs. I'm sticking to around 1500 calories per day. Hoping that's low enough cause sometimes even at that amount I get really hungry. I have found that a 40% carb, 30% protein and 30% combo seems to keep me satisified the longest. Not eating at night is still such a challenge for me but I've been very good about it. If I do eat something, I plan it and limit the amount of what I eat. If that scale doesn't budge on Friday, I'll just scream!!!

Yeah I love fitday too!!!

Jasmine31
01-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Canuk4:

Dollypie, that is so great you are watching Grampa, nothing like fresh eggs, must admit though, I didn't have to take them from the chickens myself

Did someone mention fresh eggs? Yummmm!!!

Well my weight is down, but I think it is only cause I was sick and didn't eat, we will see tomorrow. I was suppose to wait till Tues. to weigh, just couldn't.

*crosses fingers for ya*

Nikaia:

o I drove for three and a half hours today, in total...I found out at midnight last night that my younger brother (he's 17 and a senior in high school) had the county honor band performance today, and when I asked him if he wanted me to come, he said yes, so...like an idiot, off I went for 1:45 driving each way for his concert. But he seemed so happy that I went to the effort...it pretty much made it worthwhile.

That was nice of ya! I do enjoy traveling too. :D

Lunch was relatively healthy, a turkey-avocado-lettuce wrap...and dinner was slightly less so, since my brother wanted to go out for pizza after the concert. But that's okay; it wasn't *horrid*.

Good for you!!

And now, I am off to shower and go to bed. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to restart my WATP program. Someone please kick me in the *** about that tomorrow to make sure I did it? Thanks.

How did it go? ;)

Canuk4:

Hi there, everyone seemed to do pretty good today, I did good food wise, but could not get myself moving in the exercise dept. I think that is 3 days now, considering I was sick, I am giving myself a break on that, but please please let me be up to exercising tomorrow. I cannot lose weight with diet alone!

Get back on the exercise today!

(Anyone know where Jasmine is?)

Awww thanx for asking! :hug: Just busy trying to play super wife and mama and cook everything from scratch!! and then boil the bones and soak the beans AND the rice, etc.....hahahaha

Is that really me:

Made meatballs sandwiches for dinner w/provolone cheese. I really wanted the roll so that 's why I kept everything in check earlier in the day!

That sounds great!!!

Okay I am going to try to take a peek at the previous page in a minute!

Nikaia
01-09-2007, 01:47 PM
*hides from Jasmine's query about workouts* Um...yeah...I didn't. I slept in, instead. Bad me. Although I'd also like to point out that because of moving out and then back in over winter break I have NO idea where my workout clothes and shoes are...which is kind of problematic.

In other news, I just signed up for a 10-day backpacking trip to the Grand Canyon over spring break! I'm so excited! Course, this also means I need to start kicking my *** to really get in shape - not lose weight - get in shape to do some hardcore hiking and outdoor stuff in two months or so. Wish me luck! When my Enell gets in, I'm going to try C25K to get myself started. I may have the strength in pure muscle terms to lift and carry things, but my cardiovascular endurance is terrible. Running would probably help quite a lot with that. I'll see if I can get my dad to buy me proper running shoes in the name of this trip. ;)

Is that really me
01-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Nik, I am soooo jealous! A 10 day back packing trip to the Grand Canyon? I would give my eye teeth to do that. Seriously! How cool is that going to be? :cool: Are you riding a donkey down to the bottom of the canyon? The three places I'd love to see before I kick the bucket are Alaska, the Grand Canyon and Ireland, in that order. Maybe one of these days when the kids are bigger (read that as independent!) my husband and I will plan a trip. I really wish I had travelled more when I was younger and didn't have all these responsibilities!

I'll bookmark this thread. I didn't know you started a new one each week. Just got back from walking the dog 1.5 miles. I was reading a lot of threads on here and found one that gave some links to find out how many calories you burn per exercise. It's way different from what Fitday says. Fitday lists the calories burned as half from what this other site (caloriecontrol.org) says. I have some questions posted on the Exercise link; maybe someone can clear up the huge discrepency.

Hope you're all having a good day!

Jo

my ivy
01-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Hi Gang!!!
I was MIA for a while but just got back in the groove wish you all had a wonderful New Years!!! Wishing the best of Health Love and Happiness to all in this 2007 year. And I'm sorry I missed the secret Santa hope little egg is not to upset.

HOPE THIS INFO WILL HELP EVERYONE THIS IS WHAT I GO BY AS PER MY DR.
FYI FYI FYI FYI FYI

CARBS is about 30-40% The type of carb you eat is very important.

1. Decrease starchy carbs including pasta,rice,potatoes,and bread.
2. Do not eat bread after 10:00 am and do not eat free sugar.
3. Increase intake of fruits,veggies,salads, no fat soups and fiber.
PROTEIN
Protein should comprise about 40% of diet.
FATS
fats should comprise 20-30% of diet.
1. Eat low or no fat when possible. When eating fats, or cooking with oils eat monounsaturated fats such as olive oil and canola oil.
GENERAL RECOMMENDATIONS
1. Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
2. Coffee and or tea in allowed in moderation.
3. Refrain from eating late in the evening.
4. You may consume alcohol in moderation although it slows metabolism.
Note after initial period of weigh loss your metabolic rate will slow down and weight may stabilize temporarily this is known as plateauing do not become frustrated.
Exercise
The most important type of exercise for fat loss is aerobic.
Try to exercise slowly and advance to 45 min a day 5 days a week.
Strenuous exercise is not necessary and may be counter productive.
Goal is to maintain your target heart rate within a zone that calories and fat are burned efficiently.
Example stair-master, jogging, brisk walking bicycle riding.
Weight training not advised.
Duration and frequency are very important factors in your exercise program.
During first 20 min of aerobic carbs are used for energy.
Only there after does the fat burning begin.
The duration is more important than the intensity.

Best of luck,

Ivy

Nikaia
01-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Sounds like you have a pretty strict regimen, Ivy. I disagree with a fair number of those points, but if it works for you, it works for you. For example...why not eat bread after 10 AM? If it's whole-grain bread, and you're not eating it in massive amounts, I don't understand what the time of day has to do with it.

And just FYI, weight-training can be a great aid to weight-loss, for a great many reasons. Muscle burns more calories at rest than does fatty tissue. Not to mention, even if you're dropping weight, if you don't tone your muscles up nicely, you're going to still be the same body type as at a higher weight, just proportionally smaller. And then there are all the health benefits of light weight training...it literally turns back the clock as far as bone density and such goes.

But as I said, if it works for you, go for it.

Jo, you're gonna hate me...I've been to Alaska already, when I was 16. It was gorgeous; I really hope you get to go there someday! Absolutely stunning scenery up there. And this will actually be my second trip to the Canyon - although the first time was when I was only 12 and went with the Girl Scouts. This is going to be considerably different. ;)

*sigh* I'm planning on going to two places that are hiring to try to get a job, but I can't find anything suitable for job-hunting that fits me, and without money from a job I can't afford to buy any new clothes. What the **** am I supposed to do???

miafluker
01-09-2007, 10:12 PM
thanks for the info Ivy, I guess everyone's body respond to different eating styles than others one thing i do believe no human body is the same and all reacts different. My hubby for example can gain weight one week then eat very little for a few days and lose all. His sister lost alot of weight by not eating meals but snacking on junk food:?: i still have yet to figure out whats up with me. I go the my weight loss clinic in 2 weeks so ill discuss that with them

Is that really me
01-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Nik, Alaska AND the Grand Canyon?? Lucky, lucky you! :luck2you: I think Alaska just must be the most beautiful place in the whole wide world. I'd love to take a cruise ship to see the pristine landscape and to HEAR it. Hope that doesn't sound odd. :^: Maybe someday!:crossed: Hey, do you have any bucks to spare for clothes at all? My kids wore a lot of consignment clothes when they were little cause they outgrew everything so fast. Maybe they might have suitable interview clothes; the cost would be minimal and sometimes you can find some really, really nice stuff. Just a thought!

Ivy -- I agree w/some of the recommendations of your Dr. I've been tracking my calories on Fitday and it's interesting to see that on the days when I eat a 40% carb, 30% protein and 30% fat I feel the fullest and most satisfied (foodwise of course!). And while I am not a big bread eater to begin with, I don't understand the no bread after 10am rule or the ones about the potatoes. Spuds rule! A baked potato w/lite sour cream instead of butter and some scallions or onion powder -- yum! And don't even get me started on yams! Baked w/barely a pat of butter. Fills me up, good for me, nothing processed AND satisfies the sweet tooth. I have also found that if I cut the starchy carbs too much, I have tremendous trouble falling and staying asleep. Cutting PROCESSED carbs is a good thing (pasta and rice in moderation) but I gotta nix the no spuds rule -- at least for me!;)

I agree w/the fat to an extent. Fat satiates; makes you feel full. I'd rather have a reduced amount of something w/fat or possibly reduced fat than to have more w/non-fat. It's not worth it to me if I'm hungry 2 hours later. But that's just me; whatever works to get you to your goal is the key, right? Thanks for sharing all the info!

OT, anyone here a "House" fan? I just caught the latest episode. God, how can you NOT just love this guy?! Such a clever one he is!!!

CYa!!

Jo

SD Gal
01-10-2007, 12:11 AM
(I posted this on the other one cause I didn't see the "post here" sigh!!)

Oh me!!! I want to play!! I started just a few days before the New Year, but kicked it in to high gear AT the New Year :carrot:

1. Starting weight- 168

2. I walk two miles each night and because I work on the third floor of my building, I walk the stairs at least three times a day. I never take the elevator.

3. How I'll be watching my food? My day consists of mmmm coffee :coffee: in the morning & maybe half a bagel, I bought a personal mixer I have taken to work so, I have a fruit shake (fresh or frozen fruit, half of a lil carton 98% ff yoplait yougurt and water) twice a day, one in the morning on my first break and one in the afternoon about an hour after my lunch break. I have a Lean Cuisine for lunch (because they are easy and yummy..) and then dinner, normally a lean piece of meat & a large salad. I also drink about 100 oz. of water each day- or five bottles. I don't deny myself if I want a handful of pretzels or a cookie (though I don't always WANT them).. because if I do, I have found I am more likely to jump off the healthy eating band wagon and back into eating crummy!

My WI days are Tuesday

My New Year's Resolutions (& not just the health ones. lol)
To reach my goal of 135 in the coming year and STAY THERE. (#1 goal)
To pay off my personal credit cards.. (albeit small)
To begin piano lessons (I've always wanted to play)
To take a "real" vacation/honeymoon with my husband (we got married in August and only got away for three days).

Canuk4
01-10-2007, 12:19 AM
This time it was just a day, or part of and so much to read. Nikaia- backpacking for 10 days and the Grand Canyon, WOW! You better get those runners real fast. In regards to clothes, I too was going to mention a second hand shop, as long as you was thing before wearing, or a store even cheaper, with donated clothes. I've done that before, I got myself a nice coat this past Nov. for $10. Or what about borrowing something, at least for the interview? Just some ideas!

Well today was my weigh in day, now remember I have been sick, and not eating all I am supposed too:
I was down to 232 today! Yeah, lets just hope it sticks, that is a loss of 5.5 lbs. I did exercise (floor only) for about 50 mins. today, but what ever bug I have I just can't kick, feeling lousy again tonight and had to have a late afternoon nap. My dh went over and looked after my Dad today, what a sweetie, sometimes! Of course I got him stuff for his cold yesterday and I think he is feeling better, at least we got a good nights sleep, no coughing.

I am having a surprise birthday party for my Dad on March 4th, (if my nerves stand up to it), anyhow as my Dad is quite hard of hearing, I thought it would be better to have just adults, no children. My Dad can't hear anything if there is a lot of noise. I still have to propose this to my nieces and nephews. My point is to get it so, Dad can enjoy as much as possible his kids and grandkids, the children can visit him at his place on his actual birthday or on the days before the actual party. My nieces work part-time and have cars, so this should not be a problem. Dad will be 95.

I have already had to deal with two brothers and there vacations, tonight, my daughter was here, her 30th is on the 5th of March, the day after the planned party, she told me she has that day off and what if they go away for the weekend. I am getting to the point that it is, if you can make it great, if not I am sorry.

WHAT DO YOU LADIES THINK!!!!
Sharon

martiniforme
01-10-2007, 12:39 AM
Firstly.
Jo:
I AM SOOO A HOUSE FAN! I just watched the latest episode tonight. He's so going to jail, and I am absolutely terrified for him! The whole time I was just like "TAKE THE DAMN DEAL!!"

Le sigh. I love Tuesday nights :D

To finish up with personals:

Jasmine:
No problem!

Nikaia:
You're totally gonna have to get in shape, but we know you can do it! It'll be a great adventure, and I can't wait to hear about it when you're done! As for something nice to wear, have you checked the second hand shops? Usually I just wear a pair of black slacks with dress shoes, and then I wear a button blouse (nothing fancy, just a suit shirt that goes with a suit jacket, with some colours, makes it pop, and takes attention away from my hips :o).

Ivy:
Welcome back!!!

Jo:
Jasmine shared a plethora of information about eating fats (to be specific good fats). Long story short, they can also aid in weight loss. I follow 50% Carbs, 30% Fat (good fats), and 20% Protein. Most days my protein will be a little higher, and my carbs are a littler lower, but that seems to be my successful hunger killer. But we're definitely all different with different needs. I love that about this group, that we all kind of just let each other do our thing, and support each other.

Mimi:
Welcome! Your routine looks great! What diet plan are you following, if any? Or are you focusing on exercising and making healthier food choices? Fruit smoothies are tried and true. Since I've joined 3FC, Jasmine got me in to eating fruit smoothies in the morning, and now my day goes all wrong food-wise if I don't get my fruit in the morning!

Whew, okay, personals are up to date.
The holidays for me as I mentioned went well. I didn't focus on my diet, but simply focused on portion control and spending time with family.

I was sick over the last couple of days with a really high fever, but kept going to work, so I ended up prolonging the recovery, and was sick all weekend :(. I feel great now, though!

A blizzard rolled in this evening, so it's very... white outside. Dark and white (if that makes sense!).

I am loving my new skillet! I love being able to create unusual food creations, and having control over what I cook it in (oil, spray, etc), and how much of what I put in it. And because the veggies are all fresh, I know it's not processed!

I've had a couple of old friends from my past (8+ years) come back in to my life, and that's great. As well as my dearest friend that kind of disappeared for 2 years off working in the oil patch. She's fantastic!

Well, in the end I guess there really wasn't much to update regarding my diet :lol:.

Have a great night everyone!

martiniforme
01-10-2007, 12:44 AM
Sharon:
I agree 100% with you. The focus of this celebration is your father. It is planned well enough in advance that your daughter can decide not to go away that weekend. If she chooses to, that is her decision, but it shall not impede the celebration plans! If you start catering to everyone else's demands during your dad's special day, then soon the day will be lost, and no one will be satisfied. Focus on your dad, and let the rest fall in to place :) You're great for setting it up for him, though!
I also like the plan to set up 2 separate occasions, one for the kids, one for the adults, that way the kids don't feel left out. Smart move!

I found the only way to kick this horrible sickness for me was to just stop and rest, as hard as it was to do, and let go of the stuff I was responsible for. But it worked, and I feel better now. Take some Sharon time and rest!

<3

P.S. I'm still playing around with the tracker thing, and got your message, and will respond soon!

-Mande

sugarbaby269
01-10-2007, 02:44 AM
Hi everyone!

We finally sold the house and moved. It's been a crazy 31/2 weeks and I haven't had a chance to catch up with you all but I'm here and going to try to get back in the swing of things!

miafluker
01-10-2007, 08:20 AM
hi everyone just got a workout in and i feel pretty good. I also love House that guy is soo smart but still ignorant as heck my hubby said House and his boss did it so I wonder if she wil get preggo by him? i guess we will see
i have a couple of ?'s as always, 1. when you are lifting weights if your a beginner for example- how many bicep curls should i do on each arm for it to be benificial? same use presses and leg lift. 2. im lost on breakfast ideas im tired of eggs i was doing slimfast but that dont seem to fill me up so any ideas on quick breakfasts i already have coffee so i dont want to add anymore added sugar

thanks in advance everyone keep up the good work

Is that really me
01-10-2007, 09:13 AM
OT

Martini -- did you watch the 8:00pm "House" episode last night? That was a re-run. The new episode was on at 9:00pm last night. If you didn't catch it, PM me and I'll fill you in.

Jo

Is that really me
01-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Just got done w/my day's exercise. You know when I posted yesterday that I wasn't too sore from using the Total Gym on Monday? Well, apparently I posted too early cause I was really sore yesterday afternoon and last night. So this a.m. I did the Firm Tough Tape 2 and a lot of upper body stretching then just got done 3 miles on the dreadmill -- ooops, I mean treadmill. ;) Today was w1d2 of the C25K program. Pretty much went the same as Monday. I almost fell of the darn machine when I was changing channels on the tv though!:tread:

Canu, I agree w/Martini. Have your dad's party when it works for your family and your dad. Send out the invitations. If people can make it -- great; if not, then they can see your dad to celebrate another time. There will always be someone who has a conflict when you're trying to set up something that involves a lot of people. And I think a separate party for the kids is a great idea!

Mia, I hear you about the eggs for b-fast. I eat eggs probably 4 times a week but get tired of them. I usually have 1 egg and 2 whites w/mushrooms or broccoli and either some fried (non-stick spray) potatoes (baked and leftover from the night b/4) w/lots of onion powder and salt/pepper or maybe a banana w/a smear of peanutbutter. I also have a recipe for pumpkin muffins I got off of tv foodnetwork and will have one w/eggs. It was on one of their Christmas specials. Today I tried Bear Naked banana/walnut oatmeal. I added 1/2 scoop of protein powder to it and used 1/2 cup of 2% milk instead of water. It was really good and quick. All natural stuff in it; pretty filling. Bear Naked granola is simply fabulous! :cb: The only problem is that it's so good I find it very hard to only eat just one serving. It's great ontop of yogurt. I'll also eat cereal sometimes. Shredded wheat or corn flakes w/a sliced banana on top. Shakes are great and quick. I use lowfat yogurt, fruits like frozen blueberries, strawberries and bananas (I freeze bananas as they start to get too ripe so when I use them in shakes it keeps the shake really cold); about 1 tspn of peanut butter (adds lots of depth in flavor to the shake and a little seems to go a long way) and some protein powder. I try to keep the calories at about 350 or so. I discovered protein powder recently when my daughter got braces and also needed a palatte expander. Gruesome device but necessary for her. She had so much trouble eating when she first got it that she lived off of shakes for several weeks. That's when I started adding in the protein powder so she wouldn't get so hungry.

Well, guess I'd better get my buttocks moving and get stuff done around here! I don't think there will be a doggie walk today; very, very windy and cold. It was 60 degress three days ago and today it's mid 30's w/wind chills in the mid 20's. Weird!!! (well actually, THAT's normal; we've just been spoiled w/mild weather so far this winter!) Dog is must unhappy about no walk so I will have to engage her in a rousing game of tug-of-sock. Have a good day all! Remember, if it doesn't go past the lips it can't go on the hips!! :ziplip:

Jo

dollypie
01-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Okay ladies long time no chat...exercise has been good and still sticking to a healthy diet. I think I have started to hit a plateau though. I did lose a pound this week, but I have been at 148-149-150 for the past three weeks know. I know my body is still adjusting. Any suggestions???? I try to keep my calories at around 1500 and I am 5'3". I don't to reduce them anymore because I exercise for about an hour everyday. If I put them at 1200 I am wiped by the end of the day and starving. I guess I should give it a few more weeks.

Is that really me: So we are doing the c25k challenge together. Great to have a buddy.

Mia: When I start out I did 2 sets with 10 reps and then 8 reps and built up from their. Currently I am doing 3 sets with 12 reps, 10 reps, and 8 reps. I also increase the weight with each set a little. This is the basic idea from Body for Life. Also what about oatmeal w/ fruit and nuts this is great after a morning workout.

martiniforme: Glad to hear you are feeling better! The front is suppose to be here on Saturday with freezing rain and maybe and icestorm. Why couldn't that happen during the week, so I wouldn't have to go to work.

Nikaia: I am jealous too of you! We did that as a family vacation once and had a blast! You are going to have so much fun and weather should be perfect, not blazing hot. Just remember everything you take down you have to bring up!

Canuk: How funny DH is turning 30 on the 5th of March too!

SD Gal: Welcome!!!!!!!!!!

JasonsLea
01-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Mornin everyone. Sorry I haven't been around. TOM was here last weekend and it was the WORST I've ever had. I actually had to call off work two days in a row because I could NOT get out of bed! I hardly ever call off work. Then Monday morning, my mama informed me that we have lost our house and have to move. :( So, if you all don't see me around for a while, this is why. I feel sick. My mama is annoyingly (sp?) calm about all this. She says we're going to get the house back. Alabama has this thing called a year of redemption where you have a year to pay back what you owe and you can get your property back. But I'm like, what about the people that will be living here during that year? Do they just get kicked out? It doesn't make sense! Dammit!

martiniforme
01-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Sugar: Glad to have you back! I haven't seen you online much either!

Mia: I'm not sure about the weight training, I will usually do about 3-5 sets of 10 for most lifts with 2-3 lb weights. I also like oatmeal for breakfast. It's very filling, and it gives me an overall sense of fullness when I eat it. I like the Quaker Instant ones, but if you want to lower the sodium, you will probably have to make it yourself, which takes like 10 minutes, but is still great!

Jo: We watched it at 10p MST. It was the one where they denied House his pills, and they had the dwarf patient that wasn't really a dwarf, was just suffering a long time growth hormone issue due to cancer. FILL ME IN PLEASE!!!

Dolly: It hit us pretty hard! I'll post some attachments to this post so everyone can see. I'm not sure about the plateau, but you could try changing your diet up a bit without restricting further calories. Consider adding some more healthy fats, or a couple more carbs on a day or two of the week to give your metabolism a jolt? I haven't hit my plateau yet, but that is what I want to try if it happens. Anyone know any other ideas?

Shari: I'm really sorry to hear the news about your house! I hope you guys get through it alright. You guys are in my prayers :hug:.

The blizzard hit last night, and really took it's toll. No reported damage, but there usually never is. When you live in a northern town in Canada, I think you tend to build a town fit for a blizzard/ice storm. But check out the pictures! A lot of people just got in their trucks, and drove this morning, so the roads have been flattened pretty far already, but the ice is dreadful. I'm at home, though! HOORAH!

my ivy
01-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Hi guys,:carrot:
Hope everyone is doing good! I have been grate just lagging in the exercise dept. I am PMSing and well want to be a hermit crab for a while. I would like you all to know about this challenge on the discovery channel web site maybe it can help you guys Its called National Body Challenge www.discoveryhealth.com it begins 1/13/07 I signed up and got a voucher for 8 weeks free to Bally's gym it's close to my house so I may just go check it out I wish it comes with a trainer just like in BIGGEST LOOSER I would so love it.

Hi Mande glad you are doing better!
HI Sugar,MIa,JO,Dolly and all the newbies.
Shari Hang in there Shari things will get better I will keep you in my prayers.:hug:
I love House!!!:D

Remember to drink plenty of water!!!!!!

GTG

IVY

SD Gal
01-10-2007, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=martiniforme;1525005]Firstly.

Mimi:
Welcome! Your routine looks great! What diet plan are you following, if any? Or are you focusing on exercising and making healthier food choices? Fruit smoothies are tried and true. Since I've joined 3FC, Jasmine got me in to eating fruit smoothies in the morning, and now my day goes all wrong food-wise if I don't get my fruit in the morning!

Martini~

I do try to stick to my points per WW, (cause I just do well on it when I stay on it) But really more than anything is to eat healthy without feeling like I've cheated myself out of something yummy. SO, I'm careful about having a treat, instead of having the whole cookie jar, I know I can have one.. I love my smoothies and have about 6 gals here in my office running out to buy their personal mixers for their work smoothies.

My son graduates in June and I want to fit into this fantastic black shift I've had for SIX YEARS.. with the TAGS STILL ON. lol.. I am determined to do this! Its for me first, and then for my family. I'd like to be around for a while ;)

I realize that as a whole, Americans would rather eat something quick over something healthy.. and I have fallen into that rut. Now.. I can eat quick AND healthy.. :D My energy is up, and I know the weight is moving off.. it won't happen over night, but it WILL happen!

I will continue to walk, and when I can will add length to my walk. My husband has horrid feet and can only do the nightly two miles with me IF that.. poor guy. I may try and get a couple extra miles in before he comes home before dinner.. and then after dinner we can walk again. I'm good with it, and its not over doing it for me. I could easily do it at one time. :)

stopeating
01-10-2007, 07:04 PM
Wow I was gone two days and had to read two pages!:) Anyway life is good but I feel really drained. I woke up at 2 a.m. watched tv until 4 a.m. and slept until 6 a.m. when I had to get up for work (and did not want to). I have a ton on my plate right now. I need to start filling out financial aid forms for my oldest who will be going to college next year. We need to visit the college again and the logistics and see actual accessible rooms (he's in a wheelchair). He went to Wisconsin this weekend to play a tournament. They won two and lost two. He was a little bummed but it's okay. They were good games.

I put in a four week notice for my job and will start my new one on February 5. Lots of stress with change.

Fun thing - I've been buying clothes for my new job. So far I've done my shopping on ebay and saved a bundle. What a great way to get nice clothes for little money!

Jasonslea - I am so sorry about the house. :( Hang in there.
myivy - I will check out the website! Thanks!!
martiniforme - I can relate being a Michigander. Lucky we've had one of the mildest winters ever.:) But it can change overnight.
dollypie - I'd like to do some research on the c25k. That might be for me.
Sharon- The party is for your dad. You do what is best for him!;)
Isthatreallyme - What a workout!
Hi Sugarbaby!
Hi SDgal!
I miss you Jasmine!

Nikaia
01-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Shari, wishing you well with the house stuff.

It sounds like everyone's doing pretty well, though. I actually made a lunch to take with me to school today, which I've never done before in four years at this place. A snack baggie of mixed almonds/macadamia nuts, a sandwich baggie of celery stalks, and a small tupperware tub of Trader Joe's Creamy Corn and Roasted Red Pepper soup, which I heated up at the convenience store microwave, then smuggled into the library to eat while I worked on homework. With that was a big bottle of water. Breakfast was just a double espresso with a tsp of sugar (okay, maybe slightly more than a tsp. But it was real espresso, and we all know espresso REQUIRES sugar in order to be drinkable). I overslept this morning and so didn't have time to work out. I should do so soon...I'm so putting it off, I haven't worked out in a month and am SO reluctant to start again, cause I'm just lazy.

Dollypie, if you're plateaued, maybe you could change up your exercise regimen a little bit? Not necessarily add time on, just change it up. If you normally do the treadmill, try the stair-stepper (I'm assuming at the gym). If you use DVDs, try a different one for awhile. It tends to kick-start your body, since a lot of the time the problem is that your body's gotten used to your current exercise regimen. Keep at it; you won't be stuck there forever!

Mia, I'm allergic to eggs, so I've worked out breakfast without them. Here are a couple of my favorite ones.

Oatmeal - Trader Joe's is best, but Quaker will do
English muffin with peanut butter or apple slices
Multigrain cereal with a bit of milk
Fruit smoothie - just a half a banana and some frozen strawberries with OJ and a couple cubes of ice in the blender

Talk to you guys later; I'm off to go calibrate my scale with my hand weights.

Hpnotq
01-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Just popping in to say hello...been a rough couple of days, but I've found that I LOVE my dr office scale...it shows me at 17 lbs lighter than my scale here at home does! I'm sorry Jo I didn't get started on C25K on Monday...I've been running errands all day for the last few days. I'll do my best to get started soon...good for you for actually keeping it up!

miafluker
01-10-2007, 09:20 PM
thanks everyone for the responses, the only thing is i hate oatmeal:?: i thought i could swap with cream of wheat but i have to add sugar to eat that.
Also thanks for the workout figures not i know what to start with
Is that really me- i now all about the palatte expander i work at an orthodontist office so i actually do that procedure.

JasonsLea
01-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Thanks ladies. I feel so much better now. My BFF was right: my mama had a plan (as always) and she has everything under control. She came home today from her business trip. My stepfather and I met her at the parking deck, she gave me a hug and kiss, put her bags in the car then got in the truck and drove off with my stepdad. I went home and they came a couple of hours later. My mama called me downstairs and told me that a woman would be calling about a apartment on Friday. All she told me at the time was that the apartment was 'a biggie'. I was assuming the apartment was for us, all of us, until she said that if the woman called, to ask her when I was going to move in and that the apartment was a great starter apartment. I was confused, started to cry, and asked what about them and she told me that she has already found them a house in the same neighborhood that my BFF and her family live. She then told me that she and my stepfather would help me with my bills at the apartment till I could get fulltime at the hospital. Soooo, my mama, the SuperGoddess, has managed to take care of us all in only a few days. Her plan is to live in the house she found, which is WAY cheaper than the houses in our neighborhood, for the year while they pay off what they own on our house here. That way, they can get the house back! So I feel better now....nervous though. I had my own place in California but this just feels different somehow.

SD Gal
01-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Hi Stopeating!! Thanks for the greeting!! (I promise after re-reading that, I didn't try to make it rhyme. lol)

Today was a really nice day AND I actually did two, two mile walks. One after I got home from work, and the second with my husband & our dog after supper.

I did my two morning coffees, then my moring shake, my Lean Cuisine, my afternoon shake.. then came home and had a bit of chicken salad. Dinner consisted of three small pieces of tri tip and about a cup of green beans.. I also had two merangue cookies. :D

Not bad.. healthy.. good.. filling..

I also counted the stairs at work.. 58 stairs each time I go up or down.. And I do it usually at least twice a day. :running:

Have a super tomorrow!!! :cb:

martiniforme
01-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Mimi: You are so right about Americans eating quick and easy (majority of the time all processed). And when I refer to "American," I'm speaking of North America in general. We're a very lazy couple of nations over here haha. And I think that's so kind breaking your walking routine in to 2 separate parts to include your husband in the exercise. My DF... Well, he works out in the oil field as an eviro tech, but as soon as he gets home and sits down, he's down for the count LOL.

Nikaia: You know, I never actually thought to use my yoga weights to calibrate my scale.. Nifty idea!

Shari: Wow, you've got quite a super mom on your hands! It's insane how moms do it, eh?

Ivy: Always with the water! How is the little wrestler doing? All recovered now?

stopeating: Eyeee! College! I bet he's so excited! And I definitely know about the changing over night! Congratulations on the new job! And I'm an avid Ebay'er. I LOVE IT!

I'll do my update tonight after work. I have to get in a quick workout before I go to work! I hope everyone has a great day!

Daily Plan:
B: Slim Fast Optima Shake
S: LF Yogurt (100g), 1 md Banana
L: Chicken & Sausage Gumbo
S: Popsmart Mini Bag of popcorn
D: Spaghetti and meat sauce (lean gr beef)
S: Ug. Not sure. We'll see if I'm hungry after...

E: 30 min WATP (am), 45 min WOTWL (pm)

W: 1500mL (3x water bottle)

I'm still finding it very difficult to get in 1800 calories. I'll hit 1600 if I'm lucky. But because of my weight, I know I have to get a certain number of healthy calories in to sustain and lose weight gradually. But sometimes I'm just not hungry! LOL

dollypie
01-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Had a good workout today. I spent 25 minutes on the recumbent bike and 10minutes on the stairs instead of the usual treadmill. Made a healthy dinner last night...chicken pot pasta. Same as chicken pot pie but with whole wheat pasta inside of the fattening pie crust part. DH and I like it so it is going into the recipe stack for good.

Everyone have happy and healthy day!

Jasmine31
01-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Nikaia:

*hides from Jasmine's query about workouts*

Mmhhmmmnnn.... *cracks the whip*

I have NO idea where my workout clothes and shoes are...which is kind of problematic.

That is NO excuse! Get back on it!! :lol: The backpacking and 25 k sound great! Is that 25 miles?

Is that really me:

I'll bookmark this thread. I didn't know you started a new one each week.

Yes we do that so that newcomers don't feel intimidated by some 100 page thread. haha It also helps us oldtimers too where if we have been gone a while it is alot easier to pop in on a shorter thread than feel like we have to read thru all we missed. If we have time then it is great to do so but sometimes we can't!

I have some questions posted on the Exercise link; maybe someone can clear up the huge discrepency.

People have mentioned that before. I thought someone said that even if we are NOT exercising we are still burning! SO they just add the EXTRA burnt. idk The main thing is to keep moving. :D

my ivy:

Good to have ya back hun! I agree with some stuff about the carbs. Not sure why no bread after 10-:00 am though?

I am still so iffy about protein. I do try to do about 20-30% and try to do 40 carbs, but sometimes wind up at 50%. But the one thing that worries me is hearing that having too much protein can affect your kidneys. *scared*

I try to keep the fats at about 30% with only 10% coming from sat fat and I have done my best to ban trans fats from everything!

1. Eat low or no fat when possible

Well everyone has a different opinion of what "lowfat" is. hahaha Like I said I try to stick to the 30%. I do feel that our body's do need fats and to help our body absorb some of the minerals and vitamins etc. We even do need some sat. fats(IMO) but like I said I do try to get only 10% as sat and 20% as the other.

I don't feel canola oil is a good fat. What I would love to start getting when I can get to a health store is coconut oil! Farmers tried fattening their cows up with it years ago and they got skinny instead!!! Olive oil is great. ;)

Thanx for sharing all that with us hun! :hug:

Nikaia:

sigh* I'm planning on going to two places that are hiring to try to get a job, but I can't find anything suitable for job-hunting that fits me, and without money from a job I can't afford to buy any new clothes. What the **** am I supposed to do???

Good luck hun! I will pray for you and put out the word to family and friends!

miafluker:

Don't worry about sil. Concentrate on eating whole foods and healthy foods and exercise. The weight should come off! ;)

Is that really me:

And while I am not a big bread eater to begin with, I don't understand the no bread after 10am rule or the ones about the potatoes.

I don't know what is up w/ the bread either. :lol: I do know that potatoes can turn to sugar and they are actually one of my biggest trigger foods. I do not advise against them completely, but just to watch it. I had to limit myself to once on sundays and maybe once when I go out to eat some fries cause when I have them more often I want them almost every day and I feel not in control of my eating. I started losing steadily once I got that under control and the cal counting. The same thing with cutting out the white bread and rolls. We still have them maybe once a week but not every day. I did want to give all you this link.

http://www.mercola.com/article/blueberries.htm

In the June 2004 issue of Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry researchers used a technique called oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) to test the antioxidant power of more than 100 different kinds of fruits, vegetables, nuts and spices. In a laboratory testing, wild blueberries emerged as the top antioxidant capacity fruit– and overall were second only to Mexican red beans!

For the first time, in this antioxidant study, the USDA evaluated both wild (lowbush) and cultivated (highbush) blueberries and found that wild surpassed its cultivated cousins by 48%. Scientists attribute the high antioxidant capacity of Wild Blueberries to anthocyanin, the phytonutrient responsible for the berry's deep blue color.

The official standings of this study are listed below ...

1. Small red beans (dried), also known as Mexican red beans ( I mix these in with pinto beans and make a big pot once a week. The whole family loves it! I found the red beans at Ralph's, not sure about S.B.)
known as Mexican red beans
2. Blueberries (wild) I have .50 a cup every day of regular bb. Need to look for the wild ones!
3. Red kidney beans Never
4. Pinto beans Yes in my chili beans and for refried beans
5. Blueberries (cultivated) Yes!!
6. Cranberries No, not really
7. Artichokes (cooked) never
8. Blackberries I sometimes get a mixed medley for Joe
9. Prunes Yuck!
10. Raspberries Yum!!
11. Strawberries In my freezer!!
12. Red Delicious apples I eat an apple a day!
13. Granny Smith apples I usually get these for Joey!
14. Pecans No
15. Cherries Not really
16. Black plums Not really
17. Russet potatoes (cooked) Once a week!
18. Black beans (dried) Haven't tried them yet!
19. Red plums No
20. Gala apples These are the ones I LOVE. They are softer to chew then the red.

So the spuds DO have a place in keeping us healthy. ;) There is also a link on the mercola page to the actual study.

I agree w/the fat to an extent. Fat satiates; makes you feel full. I'd rather have a reduced amount of something w/fat or possibly reduced fat than to have more w/non-fat. It's not worth it to me if I'm hungry 2 hours later. But that's just me; whatever works to get you to your goal is the key, right? Thanks for sharing all the info!

Yeah I agree. I have posted stuff before about having good quality fat and how it helps with absorbing your vitamins and enzymes in your food, etc.

SD Gal:

Hi sweetie! Welcome!! Congrats on the marriage!!!

Canuk4:

I was down to 232 today! Yeah, lets just hope it sticks, that is a loss of 5.5 lbs.

Wow sweetie!!! That is awesome!!! :carrot: :carrot:

I am having a surprise birthday party for my Dad on March 4th, (if my nerves stand up to it), anyhow as my Dad is quite hard of hearing, I thought it would be better to have just adults, no children. My Dad can't hear anything if there is a lot of noise. I still have to propose this to my nieces and nephews. My point is to get it so, Dad can enjoy as much as possible his kids and grandkids, the children can visit him at his place on his actual birthday or on the days before the actual party. My nieces work part-time and have cars, so this should not be a problem. Dad will be 95.

That is so sweet of you to plan! He is 95?? WOW! I bet he has some great healthy living tips!! ;)

WHAT DO YOU LADIES THINK!!!!

All you can do is your best hun!!

martiniforme:

Jasmine shared a plethora of information about eating fats (to be specific good fats)

*claps*

Since I've joined 3FC, Jasmine got me in to eating fruit smoothies in the morning, and now my day goes all wrong food-wise if I don't get my fruit in the morning!

That is so awesome sweetie! You know what I have started adding to mine, plain yogurt and/or plain kefir! It is really yummy. I get my calcium in(some of it) and also the kefir is really supposed to be good for your inners. It has 10 live cultures. It is supposed to be even better for you than yogurt. The yogurt I get right now has 6 which is pretty high for some yogurts.

http://www.lifeway.net/research.php

http://www.lifeway.net/health.php

http://www.kefir.net/kefiryogurt.htm

I get the plain so i don't have all the added extra sugars and the fruit is sweet enough! I have been hearing alot of great things about kefir lately. Eventually I will learn to make my own. :D and I am the same way with the fruit. If I dont get at least one apple in my whole day just goes from there!! It also is very filling and doesn't weigh me down.

The holidays for me as I mentioned went well. I didn't focus on my diet, but simply focused on portion control and spending time with family.

That is great!

I was sick over the last couple of days with a really high fever, but kept going to work, so I ended up prolonging the recovery, and was sick all weekend . I feel great now, though!

Awww i am glad you are better now!!

I am loving my new skillet! I love being able to create unusual food creations, and having control over what I cook it in (oil, spray, etc), and how much of what I put in it. And because the veggies are all fresh, I know it's not processed!

Your new skillet has it's own supply of fresh veggies? I want one!!! :lol: No but seriously, what is up with the skillet?

sugarbaby269:

Hi sweetie! Good to see ya! Congrats on the house!!! Where are you moving too?

miafluker:

I was doing slimfast for a while to but have weaned myself away from it cause there is so MANY things in it! You know extremely processed. Egga are good. Oatmeal should be good to but I know it is best to prepare it correctly. I am a big fan of fruit smoothies for breakfast and have gotten Mande into that as well. If you need it quick, chop it up the nite before and toss in your blender in the a.m. I also add kefir and yogurt to mine. ;)

Is that really me:

ust got done w/my day's exercise. You know when I posted yesterday that I wasn't too sore from using the Total Gym on Monday?

Well at least you know it is working! Have a good day too!!

dollypie:

Do NOT cut your cals! If any thing shake them up. Try and have one day a week to let your body know it can have whatever it wants. That is what I do. I am heavier than you though. :lol: ALso, start measuring! Sometimes we lose inches instead! Try changing the exercise routine up!

JasonsLea:

Then Monday morning, my mama informed me that we have lost our house and have to move. So, if you all don't see me around for a while, this is why. I feel sick. My mama is annoyingly (sp?) calm about all this. She says we're going to get the house back. Alabama has this thing called a year of redemption where you have a year to pay back what you owe and you can get your property back. But I'm like, what about the people that will be living here during that year? Do they just get kicked out? It doesn't make sense! Dammit!

Oh hun this is terrible! Is there anyone who can help? What about income taxes?? :hug:

I will be back with more personals in a moment, I HOPE! :lol:

Jasmine31
01-11-2007, 12:57 PM
stopeating:

Anyway life is good but I feel really drained. I woke up at 2 a.m. watched tv until 4 a.m. and slept until 6 a.m. when I had to get up for work (and did not want to). I have a ton on my plate right now. I need to start filling out financial aid forms for my oldest who will be going to college next year. We need to visit the college again and the logistics and see actual accessible rooms (he's in a wheelchair).

Good luck getting those done hun!

He went to Wisconsin this weekend to play a tournament. They won two and lost two. He was a little bummed but it's okay. They were good games.

Tell him to keep his chin up!!

I miss you Jasmine!

I am here sweetie!! :hug:

Nikaia:

Set your alarm!! Little brat!!!

Hpnotq:

shows me at 17 lbs lighter than my scale here at home does

Wow that is great! Maybe you need a new scale?

JasonsLea:

Okay sweetie well I hope this all goes well for all of you! :hug:

SD Gal:

Great on the walking!!

martiniforme:

I'm still finding it very difficult to get in 1800 calories. I'll hit 1600 if I'm lucky. But because of my weight, I know I have to get a certain number of healthy calories in to sustain and lose weight gradually. But sometimes I'm just not hungry! LO

I hear ya sweetie! Try some walnuts! They are like 170 cals for 1/4 cup and are GREAT for you! They actually protect your arteries etc!!! (Don't make me go look you up 100 links!! :lol: )

dollypie:

Had a good workout today. I spent 25 minutes on the recumbent bike and 10minutes on the stairs instead of the usual treadmill. Made a healthy dinner last night...chicken pot pasta. Same as chicken pot pie but with whole wheat pasta inside of the fattening pie crust part. DH and I like it so it is going into the recipe stack for good.

SOunds good keep it up!!

Oh my gosh I am done with personals! Maybe later I can get to myself! :lol:

Have a great day everyone!!

Jasmine31
01-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Oh yeah. I was down to 207 yesterday!! I am super jazzed cause this is the first official NEW pound! Remember I hit 208, then 210. then water retention 212? Then had to work back to 208? Well this is the first being at 207!!! Hooray!!! Hopefully one more by sunday!!!

Is that really me
01-11-2007, 01:17 PM
So far so good today. My protein shake lasted a good 3 to 3/12 hours b/4 I got hungry for lunch today. I took a day off from exercise -- well, I did walk the dog - cause my legs were just tired. I'm hoping that tomorrow's weigh-in finds the scale down for everyone! Has anyone every tried a veggie burger? I just went shopping and they were on sale (Boca burger). I melted 1/2 oz. swiss cheese on top and put it on a whole wheat pita w/some tomatoes and ketchup. Pretty good. They're really low in calories and fat and have 13 grams of protein. I'm still wanting a little sumpin' sumpin' though! Hmm, maybe a coffee yogurt w/do the trick!

Dollypie - I've had that happen to me too! You work your butt off w/watching the calories and exercising and all and then the stupid scale just gets stuck. This will sound weird but when that happens I stop counting calories and eat more than ususal, just for a day or two. It's almost like it shakes your metabolism up. After a day or two go back to your routine. Personally, THAT's the hard part for me. The scale will move and I'll think "ooo, I can be a little :ink: and still lose weight!" Also I've noticed that if I exercise (treadmill and such) everyday for 5 days in a row, the scale seems putzy. But if I do 3 days of exercise, day off, 2 days of exercise, day off - changing it around all the time, then the scale seems more willing to move. Of course, I haven't weighed in yet so I may just be full of hot air!! :dizzy:

Stopeating - we will be in your shoes in two years. My oldest is a junior in high school. We're just starting to look at colleges. She definitely wants to go away to college. As much as I'd love her to stay (she's the easy one!) I know from experience that you only get one shot at going away to school right after high school. Even taking a few years break -- it's just not the same. So, she's allowed to go away but my rule is not more than an hour or two away! That way she can come home (or maybe the dog and I can pay an unexpected visit during the week hehe! ;) ) easier. Have you looked into a Pell Grant? I just got done school two years ago and the Pell Grant covered 1/3 of the tuition. Not sure where you live (I live in PA) or if they have it in your place of residence but just thought I'd mention it. Good luck w/all the forms. Might save time if you just cut off your right arm and gave it to them! :D

Good luck w/the rest of the day's menu and movement everyone!

Jo

dollypie
01-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Is that really me?, Boco burgers are one of my favorits, they are really tasty and they are also easy and quick. I also have the Boca Breakfast sausages in the morning sometimes.

Jasmine, Congrats on the pound! You get the happy dance!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

SD Gal
01-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi Girls!!

I'm sooore after yesterday's walk (I kick it into high gear without my husband) but its a good sore.. kwim? I've really had to bar myself from stepping on the scale since Monday's WI.. I WANT TO.. but I don't, understand? I know that I shouldn't.. I could weigh myself a dozen times a day just to see if I've gained anything.. (call it habit from when I was anorexic).. bad habit, I'm really trying to break it.

I did half a bagel this morning to bfast... mid morning fruit shake, Lean Cuisine lunch, I'll do my mid afternoon shake and then supper tonight.. we're having tilapia & couscous with I'm not sure what veggie.. something green, I think.

I am SO looking forward to the long weekend! lol :flow2:

~Hugs~

Jasmine31
01-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Mande:

I am still not liking the fact of the soy, but know you have made that decision for now. I was browsing the kefir site and found this:

http://www.lifeway.net/beauty/kefirforher.php

So if you are going to do soy and I would definately encourage kefir to most anyone, this looks like a good thing for ya! :D

stopeating
01-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Well I hope everyone is having a good eating day! :) We did get pizza tonight but I had two pieces so I feel very happy with myself. I'm still drained and had my pj's on as soon as I got home tonight! :) I'm making a huge list of things to accomplish this weekend.:dizzy:

SD Gal - I can relate to the scales. I will weigh myself several times a day and need to tell myself no because I get so discouraged with the fluctuations!

Jasmine - Huge congrats on the pound!!!!:)

Is that really me - never had a veggie burger, I'm not sure what's in it?

Dollypie - Good work out!:D

Jasonslea - I'm so glad things are looking a little better. :)

Hi Martiniforme!

hpnotq - I want to go to your doctor!!!;)

my ivy
01-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Hi, Guys :hug:

Thanks Mande he is still not able to wrestle I just took him today to the dr said he needs 6 weeks therapy I will do that then take it from there his school has first match next week but he wont be wrestling due to his injure:(
Oh well I know there will be others.
Hi Jasmin congrats on loss!!!!!
I hope everyone is doing well;)

And remember DRINK THAT WATER!!!!!:D :D :D :D HA HA HA!!!!!:cb: :cb: :cb:

Canuk4
01-11-2007, 11:42 PM
:carrot: Yeah Jasmine for losing a pound.
Martiniforme - will have to send another message.
Thanks everyone for your input into my family party.
Great work outs going on, have to wait a few more days to get going on mine again. Very frustrating. Did accomplish some housework today, but stomach still not right, I will take your advise and just take it easy, think that is the only way I will get rid of this.
Well just droped in to say Hi, have to write that party E-mail before I get more phone calls and unwanted suggestions of people to invite. (Middle brother called tonight) he is the one I had to plan around as he and wifey are leaving for New Zealand for six weeks next Thursday and won't be back till March 2nd. They only got home from China in November. Yum!!! (a word we have with friends, when we are not happy about something. Sorry, time to go NOW!
Sharon

miafluker
01-12-2007, 07:30 AM
hi everyone congrats on that loss Jasmine:carrot:

Is that really me
01-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Woohoo! I lost three lbs.!!:goodscale :cp: Only two more to go till I can get a dancing carrot -- 1 for every 5 lbs lost! I did the Total Gym earlier (hope I don't get as sore as I did on Monday) and am off to the treadmill. I'm on W1D3 of the C25K challenge. Don't really feel like doing anything but that scale going down gives me incentive! :woops: I'll check back later to see how you all are doing! I'm so excited!!

Jo

marbleflys
01-12-2007, 11:42 AM
I've been reading your thread and like your non-rules....some of the other groups challenges are so involved with too many restrictions, levels, sub-challenges, timeframes, i can't keep track.

OK it's January 12.....

I decided that I needed to resume my daily exercise routine with my morning workouts that I used to enjoy....I hadn't done anything for 8 months, my elderly mother had accident and I'm the caregiver, now another family member is very ill, I'm stressed and my body is as messy as my head. I don't like my waist getting "thick" and the scale frightens me right now. some of my jeans are getting too tight and uncomfortable. it's time to take back control.

the New Year's promise I will keep is going to save me.

January---exercise (I do interval training at home early AM, cardio and wt. sets, I have treadmill, pilates machine, rebounder, dumbbells and weight bench) 5-6 times per week, adding time to each week. my first week total was 1 hour and 33 mins. This week i may hit 2.5 hours if I exercise tomorrow, my first goal is to get in 3 hours of strong cardio/wt. sets per week consistently.

Eating *better choices*---i brought holiday leftover chocolates to work for my students---more veggies, less starch, avoid the constant cookies.

today, i did 28 mins. of hard cardio and wt. sets of step-ups, flys, chest press and dumbbell squats. my HR is UP and I'm sweating through my tee-shirt, so hopfully I'm burning fat.

nice to meet everyone, thanks, marble

Jasmine31
01-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Is that really me
3 pounds? Congrats sweetie!!! WHoohooo!!!

Thanx to everyone who congratulated me. And you know something else? I can see my belly getting smaller and not sticking out so much! This always starts happening when I am good to get my calcium in. I try to have 1 ounce of cheddar cheese a day. Today I am going to allow for 1.5, enchiladas baby! But I do a cup of either yogurt or keifer with my fruit in my smoothie. Over the holidays I was bad, I threw some fruit in here and there but not the normal 3 a day like I should and neglected the yog and keifer more often than not. Okay, lets face it, I had a grilled cheese for breakfast more times than I care to admit!!! :lol:

Anyways, make sure you get your calcium gals! And for all you newbies, I will post the link again in case you have not heard about this!

Yogurt
(http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=124)

Another study published in Obesity Research suggests that calcium's weight loss benefits extend to adults as well. If you're tyring to lose weight, especially around the midsection, eating more calcium-rich foods, especially low fat dairy foods such as cow's milk, yogurt and kefir, may really help.

In this study, 41 obese subjects, 32 of whom completed the study, were divided into three groups and put on diets designed to result in the loss of one pound per week for 24 weeks. All diets contained the same number of calories and were designed to provide subjects with a calorie deficit of 500 calories per day.

The first group received a low (430 mg/day) calcium diet. The second group got the same diet with enough supplemental calcium to bring their daily intake up to 1200 mg. And the third group ate a diet with enough dairy foods to provide about 1100 mg calcium each day. At the conclusion of the study, the low calcium group had lost almost 15 pounds, the high calcium group 19 pounds, and the high dairy foods group 24 pounds. Plus, fat lost from the midsection represented an average of 19% of total fat loss in those on the low calcium diet, 50% of the fat lost in those on the high calcium diet, and 66% of the fat lost in those getting their calcium from dairy foods.

Yogurt, Specifically, Significantly Increases Fat Loss

In just 3 months, 16 obese men and women on a reduced calorie diet that included three daily portions of yogurt lost 61% more fat and 81% more abdominal fat than 18 obese subjects assigned to a diet with the same number of calories but little or no dairy products and low amounts of calcium.

Not only did those in the yogurt group lose more fat, especially around their waistlines, but they also retained more lean, muscle tissue than subjects on the yoghurt-free diet.

Jasmine31
01-12-2007, 12:45 PM
marbleflys:

Welcome to our group! Yeah we are pretty lax with rules. The main rule is to do your best to eat healthy and exercise. Those are some pretty loose guidelines. I think I seen ennay say something a while back about chocolate. haha Yes if it is in your "plan" do it! There are some things in my "plan" that may not be in others. We have to do what works for us and I do know there are some great benefits even in the dark chocolate! Maybe when i lose more I will do some a swell. :D

By the way, where is ennay and huneb? Any other stragglers?

Jasmine31
01-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Well ladies I am going to venture into making my own enchilada sauce today! This is a recipe I found and it got good reviews.

INGREDIENTS

* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon minced onion
* 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
* 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon dried parsley
* 1/4 cup salsa
* 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
* 1 1/2 cups water

DIRECTIONS

1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the onion, oregano, chili powder, basil, ground black pepper, salt, cumin, parsley, salsa and tomato sauce.
2. Mix together and then stir in the water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.

Mmmmm....!! SOunds yummy! I have all that in my pantry. :D

marbleflys
01-12-2007, 01:02 PM
thanks for the welcome Jasmine.....I removed the holiday chocolates from my grasp, they disappear quickly at work.

I see you are a mex. food lover......asian is my thing, I do my chinese salad with lite soy and rice vinegar dressing, cucumbers....we are big on sushi, sashimi, one of our favorite restaurants does an excellent chinese menu that is NOT heavy on oil (PF Chang's chain restaurant) serves great options including brown rice.........no I'm not that brave to search for the calorie content.

dollypie
01-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Well 5 o'clock can't get here fast enough. Though I would take a break from work and post a bit. I am playing the waiting game with my PIs until I have something else to do. I hate that, I just want to get it done, but I have to wait. If I don't get it today I might have to come in on Monday which is a holiday and I will not be happy about that...but we will see 4 1/2 more hours to go.

Jasmine, that recipe sounds great I might have to give it a try. I usually use the kind out of the can because I never have the time to make my own enchilada sauce. I usually mix on can of the red and one can of the green to balance out the heat.

Marbles, welcome to the group! This is a great bunch to chat with. Post any questions and all of us will chime right on in. Jasmine and Ennay are great about posting articles that are real informative.

stopeating, Great job on two slices of pizza! I always make myself a huge salad and then hit the pizza so 2 slices is enough for me then.

SD Gal
01-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Hi All!!! How goes the day? I'm onto my first fruit shake today, last night for supper I made tilapia (on the grill) and couscous with a huge salad.. I actually ate the fish & salad first, I think about 1/4 cup of couscous and put the rest on my plate in a container.. I just didn't feel like eating it all.. :D

I think I'm going to peruse the frozen shelves at the grocery for a WW treat after work this evening.. I've walked 10 miles so far since Monday.. well on my way toward the weekend :) I'm not going to be able to do my four tonight, but at least my hubby is walking with me (with his horrible foot- plantar fascitis.. its painful! :() and that's good for him, but I'm sure I've mentioned he can't do more than our 2 after dinner miles.

ANYWAY!!!! Its going to be a good weekend and hopefully I'll be able to get a few more miles in by tomorrow..

I have a question...... just how long does it take for people to really SEE a result or two in their body change? I know that's kind of dumb.. but well, I thought I'd throw it out anyhow.

Have a super day!

JasonsLea
01-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Hey everyone! How are you all doing? I'm doing better. About our living arrangements:

My mama had found a house for them over in my BFF's neighborhood. BUT today they were going over to pay the deposit and while my mama was across the street at the store getting the money order, the man told my stepfather and me that they did not allow pets. We told him that my mama probably wouldn't fly with that because we have our dog Poohbear and our cat Blackfoot and we've had Poohbear since I was like 9 which is about 12 years, she is my mama's baby, and my mama would NEVER, EVER part with her! Sure enough, when mama came back, the guy told her and she looked at him like 'Are you out of your damn mind?!?!' So we left, my stepdad took the truck and went to work, and my mama got in the car with me and was looking in the newspapers for other houses. I was talking to my BFF Nikki about what had went down and she told me that her landlord had other houses in the area. So, we called him and he met us over at a house a few streets over from Nikki's house. He's a real nice man and he showed us the house and both me and mama loved it. It's smaller than our house, only three bedrooms and one bath, but it doesn't matter because they're just staying there until we get the house back in a year. The guy takes really good care of his property and it was at a good price so my mama gave him the deposit right then and there. Then he told her about a five bedroom he owned that was going to be available this weekend. So we went over there and looked at it and it was a HUGE house BUT I didn't like it. I think if we had viewed it AFTER the people had moved and the manager had a chance to clean and repair, it could be a good place but asis, it's AWFUL! Those people do not take care of that place. When we got in the car, my mama told me that she didn't like it either and she decided to stick with the 3 bedroom. So my stepfather is going to see it and the man is going to change the locks and give mama the keys so we can start moving in tomorrow. Now, as for my apartment, the people said I didn't make enough for the apartment and they said that they didn't allow co signers which pissed Mama off. She's going to cosign on my apartment and help pay my rent and so on until I get a fulltime position at the hospital. So I looked at the newspaper and we went to two apartment complexes and looked at about five apartments. The first place we went too, it was the wrong one and we didn't know it. We were going in all these empty apartments and when I called the folks, found out that not only were they not the ones we were supposed to be looking at but they were also already rented! So we were just walking around in other people's houses! LMAO So we found the right apartments but Mama did not like them at all so we went back to these apartments that we had looked at about a week ago. They are nice apartments, very well kept, and they are running a great special on the rent. So I went in and talked to the lady (who also happens to be Nikki's ex apartment manager; real nice lady) and she told me that my mama could co sign so me and mama are going back tomorrow morning after I get off work and filing out the paperwork so I should know if I got the apartment tomorrow! And I will let you all know! :) We're busy bees right now and it's just beginning. It's going to be **** for the next two weeks!

Canuk4
01-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Good evening my friends, (sounds like Alfred Hitchcock).
IsThatReallyMe, down three pounds congrats, that is really exciting.
Marbleflys, Welcome.
JasonLea, Sorry about all the housing problems, glad they seem to be getting sorted out. I am sure you won't have a problem getting the apartment. You must be really excited, your own place, neat. Mom's really do Rock Aye.

I had another sick day, woke up with a sore throat and headache. When is this flue going to be over????? I did not get any exercise done today, just took it easy, again ordered by hubby. I did make up two dinners for my Dad, hubby took him to the doc's today, he was in so much pain, in his back and side, he is not a suck, even at 95, so you know its bad. He is okay, doc thinks its just muscle pain, gave him Tylenol 2 and told him to use the heating pad. Hubby went over and rubbed his back and side with ointment tonight before bed, he said he was feeling a little less pain. Thank Goodness, I was getting really worried.

I had a smoothie today, a frozen fruit one, had no yogart, so used frozen yogart ice cream and milk. It was a little sweet, but good. Hubby thinks he would like to try some, I see he has a bunch of berries thawing he will have to get some yogart to go in though.

For supper I had 2 pieces of pizza and garlic dip. More calories than I needed. But Hubby has been so good in looking after Dad with me sick too, he loves pizza, so we had a treat. I was down to 229.5 today, I am sure it is because I ate very little yesterday and will be up tomorrow. See I told you I can't stay off the scale!!!

Looks like the Kefir, you are talking about Jasmine, I can't get around here. I will be calling a couple Health Food Stores tomorrow, just to check. Read the articles, Thank-you.

Martiniforme, thanks for trying to help me, still have to work on it myself to follow your instructions. No sign. anywhere here. Well that is it for today.
Have a good tomorrow everyone.
Sharon

Nikaia
01-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Okay, I can't do personals right now. But I will do them tonight when I get home or tomorrow morning.

Because I am GOING OUT, baby! Me. Going out to a lesbian bar/dance club - okay, it's not strictly lesbian, but it's the main les hangout for this town - BY MYSELF. Not with plans to meet a friend there or anything. I am going in alone, and maybe (I'm hoping) I'll meet someone. And I am scared out of my wits. I've never done this before. I have mild social anxiety and this is one of the WORST triggers for me, along with language classes (long story). But I am going to do it. I'm going out. I'm going to a bar. Singly. Wish me luck!

And I'm very proud of myself - I have attended EVERY single class, EVERY discussion section, and turned in EVERY assignment for a whole week! That's huge, for me. Usually my attendance is horrid and I miss assignments right and left, which is why I'm on probation and exactly one more bad quarter away from getting kicked out. But I've done it for a whole week. And guess what else I'm proud of? My housemate and I do dinners together, and she cooks more than I do because she likes it and I'm not very good at it. She was gone tonight during dinnertime, so I had a choice. Did I want to allow myself a box of Pastaroni for dinner (that used to be my staple for both dinner and lunch; there's a reason I'm 50 lbs overweight)? Or did I want to stay on-plan, and do something healthy?

I debated, pondered, argued myself back and forth, but in the end - despite a friend urging me to "just do the bad stuff, you deserve it once in a while!" - I made myself brown rice and chicken with a shoyu-ginger-garlic marinade for dinner. REAL food. HEALTHY food. And it was good, and I enjoyed it, and I am SO PROUD OF MYSELF.

Okay, I'm going to stop tooting my horn here. But I'm seriously proud of myself, and I'm trying to stall cause I'm nervous as heck for tonight.

Wish me luck!

martiniforme
01-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Jasmine: I tried with the soy, I really did. But I wasn't liking what I was reading, and it was getting to be a real pain to have to do separate grocery lists and stuff. And besides, 1% milk is working good for me as it stands. I will read up on kefir and see what the jazz is all about :D. Also, with the calories, I try to supplement with peanut butter (reduced fat), but it wears thin haha. And congrats on the weightloss!!! And thank you for sharing that article! I get about 100g of yogurt in every morning as my morning snack, but I think I might start increasing my yogurt intake to include my after dinner snack as well! We'll see how that goes :D

Ivy: I hope your son recovers soon! I know how much he seems to love wrestling, and the activity is good for him. It's just too bad that he hurt himself :(. Will he still be able to get in a couple matches toward the middle or end of te season?

Jo: Congrats on the loss of the 3 pounds!

Marbleflys: :welcome3: When you're experiencing stress I believe that working out is a great way to clear your head. Now to listen to my own advice!

Mimi: I think it will differ for every body. But commonly the weight loss will show more prominently in your face, then onwards. A lot of women have said that the last place they see the weight change is in their mid sections. I am going to try Jasmine's suggestion after posting the article about obesity and yogurt, and I am going to increase my daily yogurt intake by 2x the amount (200g a day). I eat Yoplait 39% reduced fat yogurt. It's a perfect snack size, and it has real fruit in it. Unless you want to buy plain yogurt and add your own fruit, maybe have that in place of a smoothie, or together!

Shari: We're the same way. We won't take a place if it doesn't allow pets. Sometimes we've just kept our pets out of sight of the landlord and kept them there anyway. But a dog is a lot harder to hide than a cat. We could never give them up, they're like our kids! I'm glad that things worked out in the end :) My fingers are crossed for your mama to have the house paid off by the end of the year.

Sharon: It's strange, all these sickness waves going over everyone. No one seems to just get sick and then get better, but have wave after wave of sickness. I hope you feel better soon! And although you did not eat very much yesterday, congratulations on the loss anyway! And don't worry about the trackers. We'll figure it out!

Nikaia: Way to go on the healthy choice! That chicken marinade sounds delicious! And as for going out, good for you. I understand the whole social anxiety. I get all weird, like what are people thinking, and they must be saying bad things about me, especially because I'm overweight, but just remember: This is only a temporary thing, and you are steadily and surely trimming down to a healthy size! I hope you meet someone and have a fabulous time! You are gorgeous and unique and anyone would be lucky to snag you!!

Okay, so here goes. I am ALMOST back to where I was weight-wise before Christmas. I have been straddling this one weight point (give or take a pound) for the last few weeks, and it's breaking (mostly because DF kicked my *** in to gear). My lowest maintaining was 167, and I'm currently at 168.2. SO. That means I'm not far.

But seriously. Let's talk pants. I have a favorite pair of pants. Washed out black jeans. They're my favorite pants. I wear them all the time. And I feel that I've always been there for them, and what did they go and do? They got holes on the inner thigh, and basically told me I could never wear them again. I AM SO MAD AT YOU, PANTS!

So what did I do? What any heartbroken lover of pants would do. I went out trying to replace my beloved pants. And I found a pair that fits great! My new favorite pants. Take that old pants. I love you no longer! Go find someone else to fit in to you!'

And what did I discover? I am down a size! I usually fit in to a 23-24. I AM IN A 22! YAY! My shirt size also went down from a 3x to a loose fitting 2x. YESSSS! I imagine 12 or so pounds won't equal a size or anything, I think I was JUST a tiny bit away from a 22. But oh well! Hoorah for NSV's!

DF just suggested I give my old pants to our fish (tetra) Sammy. Of course I think he's saying I'm as fat as Sammy (keeping in mind Sammy is fat for a little tetra. He resembles a submarine with an extended belly hehe). DF thinks that if we could hear Sammy, he would swim around making the sound *mmmmmboop*...*mmmmboop* like a submarine haha.

Our newest kitty, Cabouche, is getting declawed on Monday. I hate to do it, but he's killing DF! I'm afraid that one night DF will pass out from blood loss. I'm not sure why they don't get along, DF tries that's for sure. But Cabouche apparently is a biter and mostly a scratcher. So I either have to get him declawed, or find a new home for DF. I don't think DF would like that.

And I've rattled on quite a bit. I'm just so happy today about my NSV's!

Have a great day everyone!

-Mande :carrot:

P.S. I think it's time to set a new goal with a time limit to keep myself motivated. I'll let you guys know what I come up with! Maybe someone would like to match my goal? A little high stakes here? :lol:

martiniforme
01-13-2007, 07:02 PM
K, I figured it out!
I want to lose 10lbs by my 5 year anniversary with DF, which is on February 18th!

And I made a new H&HCC image for my signature so it's not so big, but still a little flashy :o.

stopeating
01-14-2007, 07:01 AM
The thread was pretty quiet yesterday, we must have all been exercising so hard we didn't have time to post!;)

Anyway, I ran a ton of errands yesterday and more of the same today. I really need to find time to clean my house too. I completed another flight of steps challenge - 97 flights yesterday! Yeah!!! The next challenge is 190 flights by next Saturday!:dizzy:

My step-daughters b-day is coming up and we are having a party next Saturday. I bought party favors for a luau - she will be 8 and she loves Hawaii! She listed a ton of bratz stuff on her list so off to the toy store I will go.

I haven't weighed myself in 8 days. I'm not doing bad or great so I'm afraid I will be discouraged if I put on a pound. I could have exercised more. I didn't ride my bike all week. Just felt really tired. I already ate breakfast so won't weigh myself today! My dh says he will walk the mall with me today so I hope to get back on track.

Martiniforme - I love your signature! Nice!!

Nikiai - I hope the club went well for you. I don't think I could go by myself so a big congrats to you for conquering your fears! :carrot:

Sharon - I really hope you start feeling better. :(

Jasonslea - I'm so glad you found a home.:)

sdgal - I love the days that I don't feel hungry.:) I always notice a bigger difference in my body when I lose 10 pounds. Tight clothes fit, regular clothes are baggy and for me I always lose weight in my waist first. I have an hour glass figure. My biggest problem has always been my thighes. If I can get a pair of jeans over those monsters, I know it will fit. My waist is a 25 and goes down to a 23 when I'm being really good. I am definitely not happy with my stomach either, but I saw a doc and the only that will fix it is surgery and I don't have the money. I really hope to though one day!;)

marbleflys - I LOVE chinese food. Of course I really like sweet and sour chicken. I try not eat anything all day if I'm going to have it and I try to put half in the fridge for later but sometimes later is an hour. :o

miafluker
01-14-2007, 10:42 AM
hi everyone yesterday was the big saints vs eagles football game and its a big thing for Louisianna, we had businesses closing early, people tailgating everywhere and having a Saints party.I dont know much about football but i did catch the end when the saints won and everyone on the block started going crazy since im not from here i never seen people get so excited about a game, it was on all the local news the after party which was on bourbon st. and canal st. was suppose to be exciting, My hubby went but i did not want to go sometimes im in my mood where i do not want to be around alot of people. It was interesting though to see all of the JErseys and flags flying people hugging each other.

anyway are we starting a new thread? i really need to get back in track before i gain the 3lbs i lost i think i may have to weigh every 2 weeks because once i see i start losing i fall of the wagon.

how is everyone else doing?

martiniforme
01-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Mia's right!
New thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102074