South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 03:16 PM   #1  
We'll all get there!!!!

S/C/G: 225/tic/130

Height: 5'4"

Default 1 week down!!!1 to go--results...

So I'm one week down from starting P1 and i'm down 8 lbs! woohoo!!! I think I may stay on P1 for a few more weeks...b/c i've got a lot more to lose. We'll see how it goes. I'm going to throw up though if I eat another egg. So i'll try some of SB recipes... I'll check back in next week!!
Old 01-08-2007, 03:31 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Congratulations on the 8 pounds!

Please don't stay on Phase I too long. It is missing nutrients that you can get only from the whole grains and fruits you will add in Phase II.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:33 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Cate! A belated from me...and on all your hard work!

Please don't stay on P1 longer than 2 weeks! You can read more about why that's a bad idea here: Phase 1 Time Limit From the Daily Dish You will find that not only will your health be compromised (P1 is not meant to be a long term thing), but you'll either stop losing or <gasp> start gaining! Switch over to P2 at the end of the 2 weeks. You may gain a little as you figure things out, but you'll lose it quickly and be amazed at how well you can do on P2!

Regarding eggs, I hate them and haven't eaten one on SBD. Here's a thread I started on what you can eat for breakfast besides eggs: Alternatives to Eggs for Breakfast? hopefully it'll help!

Congratulations on all your hard work!
Old 01-08-2007, 03:34 PM   #4  

yay for you!!! Your loss is great...but as Ruth points out careful does it on ph1... you will definitely notice a drop off, and if you dont plan on eating phase 1 the rest of your life better to move slowly into phase 2 and add some good grains fruits and veggies... and you dont have to just check in with us...join us on the daily thread...we'd love to hear your menus and fav recipes... the belgium waffles just got a thumbs up from a newbie...try that! And remember, you dont haveta stick with conventional breakfast items...
Old 01-08-2007, 04:13 PM   #5  
RNMOM

Default Congrats!

I just today is day 7 on "faze one" for me too. I'm down 8.5 pounds. I love P1 for that reason. I can get some fast results.

I agree with the others that have said don't go longer than two weeks.

I did it for three weeks once. The first two weeks I lost about 13 pounds the 3 week I did it ( I was phase one to the letter!) ....anyway the 3rd week I did it I didn't lose a single pound. Your body wants more food and different nutrients than that.

Congrats on getting week one out of the way!
Old 01-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #6  

I wanted to weigh in, I have just over 100 lbs to lose to goal. I read somewhere that if you were "obese" (ugly word!) You could stay on phase one for a longer period of time. What do you guys think?

~Tracie
Old 01-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach, Tracie. Phase I is missing a lot of nutrients that you would get from grains and fruits so is not recommended for longer than two weeks.
By the way, I'll copy your post andf mine into the Phase I Thread and close this one as it was really just one for Cate to announce her loss.
Closed Thread