Simply Filling/Core - Core Chat for Jan. 8-15

View Full Version : Core Chat for Jan. 8-15

Tejas
01-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Good Morning Chickies!

I've started a new thread for us. :carrot:

Let's go. Let's lose one pound this week. OK, .5 pounds. OK, let's don't gain anything and stay OP and get more exercise.

We can do it!

Love,
Rhonda

Katpo
01-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Good morning! I have had a heck of a time getting on the board this morning. We'll see how long til I get booted again.

The first week of the year was good to me -- this morning's weight was 143.6.

I hope everyone's having a good day!

septembersgoal
01-08-2007, 01:11 PM
:wave: It feels good to be op and in control! :dance: Let's do it! :dancer: Make this a great week! :cheer2:

septembersgoal
01-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Frouf, I don't think that it would be too difficult for you. It is sort of dancey, not really...it's kind of hard to explain. It's a lot like tae-bo except more fun, I think. She repeats a lot of things over and over so although you may not get it the first few times you will definitely learn it if you keep going. The music is very upbeat and Charlene is very spunky without being too annoying. If you can ever catch the infomercial (it might be on the website too) it would give you a better idea.

septembersgoal
01-08-2007, 01:15 PM
btw :bravo: Kathy on a good scale day! :D

Froufy
01-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Congrats Kathy - I am also hoping for the 'good scale fairies' to come and visit me very soon!

Rhonda - I'm in - at least 2 lbs this week for me!!!

Melissa - I will check out website and see what I can find - thanks for the info! Sounds like a good workout! As for whether or not it's 'too difficult for me' - you obviously have not seen me huffing and puffing as I try to climb 3 flights of stairs - NOT PRETTY!

Had a very restless night - not much sleep at all so I was very cranky with the alarm this morning - poor dh wanted to get on the treadmill, and was waiting for me to 'wake up' I finally DRAGGED myself out of bed and into the shower at 7:30 am...

And it's already been a horrible day - when you think things won't get worse they day - spending all my time fighting fires - I like to be pro-active and make sure everything is taken care of so I hate having to be reactive and run around trying to get things fixed. For some INSANE reason my on line web based database has reverted to some 'older' version - we think someone (IT?) may have done a restore to an old file? NOT GOOD - VERY NOT GOOD! And we only found out by accident when respondents started sending in very weird stuff.

And then there's the yahoo associate director (who I understand will be spoken to regarding his 'email traffic' to me) who is still trying to bend the rules and do as he pleases - which is a no-no when it comes to government contracting.

Let's just say I could use a drink or two already? ha ha ha. Hoping the rest of the day will zip by with no further crises (is that even possible).

I am also determined to watch my 'mouth' - eating wise that is :D and will now go refill my water bottle! Have brought LOTS of snacks to work in case of emergencies - not all core - but all lower fat/calories so I won't have to resort to something that is very bad for me.

Dr. appt next tuesday so I am focusing on that right now - a bit apprehensive to get the results of my bloodwork and ECG! ...and only 54 days to cruise time!

Frouf

ontarget
01-08-2007, 05:08 PM
hi there. it's good to be here. man! do i need you chickies!!! i took a step or 2 backwards today but am now dusting off and getting ready to go to w a and work off a few (hopefully a lot!) of calories.

rhonda, i am going to be a very lucky woman if i lose a pound this week, but i'm going to keep on trying.

kathy and melissa, you girls are inspiring. congratulations to you both.

frouf, sounds like it's "monday" on your end of cyberspace. be thankful tomorrow is going to be a new day and will be a tuesday. hang in there.

blessedwithsarah
01-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Hello all. Its been a long day! Sarah ended up at the Drs this morning - yesterday her fever just lingered around 100, and she was complaining her throught hurt (ok, that can't be spelt right??) then at 4am she woke up crying her head hurt really bad and her ear hurt. She was in bed with us until 5:30, got motrin into her and she slept until 8:00. We were at the Drs at 9:45 -- negative quick strep test, they'll send it out but double ear infection. So she is on amoxicillian again. My MIL came up to watch her this afternoon so I could make it into the office. Today was going to be my catch up day. Oh well, some things are more important.

Hopefully I'll be able to get her to eat tonight. But atleast tomorrow is my day home with her so I'm hoping by Wed she will be able to go to school. We'll see.

Food wise I've been doing well the past 2 days. I posted the Chicken soup receipe - very, very good. It should freeze well since anything I've made with barley does well in the freezer.

kathy, bravo on the scale. Mine is not being very nice. I'm hoping for some miracle for Wednesday. Its our first WW at Work session - I'm going to have to pay. I'm too far over my goal for her to let me slide - or for me to be comfortable not paying.

Sandra, can I borrow your duster? I think I need a sweep or two :)

54 days till cruising - Frouf, I'm getting jealous already!

Melissa, your enthusiasm is inspiring!! Keep up the great work.

Take care all - I need to pull together a bunch of thing to take home. Need to catch up on today's workload.

ontarget
01-08-2007, 05:55 PM
paula, i'm glad you got sarah to the doctor. aren't kids something the way they tend to get sick over weekends when the doctor's out of his office? i need a broom, too. lots of sweeping needed on my old body and mind. however--we will be successful. just maybe a slight delay.

Tejas
01-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Hi All:

The day wasn't too bad for eating. I had yogurt and coffee for breakfast, a steak sandwich (one piece of bread) for lunch and an orange. I'm ravenous :hungry: right now so I think I'll drink water. I thjnk that dinner will be shrimp and something (not at all what I posted!).

I'm feeling motivated and a lot of it is that a lot of responsibility has been taken off my plate at work with the new hirings.

I've called my sports club and they've added an aerobics class and I'll be there tomorrow night. I looked at the beachbody site. Hmmmm, looks tough but fun. The testimonials were strong. I've been browsing on the thread where people post about meeting their goals....very, very impressive changes that some have made. Quite inspiring actually.

I think I'll take it easy tonight. Maybe watch one of our movies.

Rhonda

Froufy
01-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Well just when you say things can't get worse!....ya more crises this afternoon and I was SO HAPPY to head home - went by the bagel shop for fresh bagels cuz I sure needed a smoked salmon fix when I got home!

Good news is took dd to dance class then actually hurried hom to get on the treadmill at 7:30 pm to catch Jeopardy while I walked - how dedicated is that?? Now I need to get back out there and pick her up - with a stop at Starbucks for a decaf coffee treat!

Paula - hope Sarah is feeling better - isn't it always like 2 am when they decide to get really sick? Glad you have the antibioitics and I"m sure she will be much better by Wed.

My big ds was back at the clinic - just over a sinus thing (antibiotics) and calls me at work regarding some big 'bump' brewing near his lip? Feels weird he says - sent him back to clinic- and sounds like a cold sore brewing? Gave him anti-viral meds and cream - total of $150! Thanks goodness for drug plans is all I can say (must be time to send in a claim no doubt!).

Rhonda - let me know how the aerobic class works out for you. I still have to research that turbo jam thing! I don't think I'm quite ready for it yet tho.

Tomorrow night is 'cheap movie night' so invited Andrea (ex cruise buddy) to movies - dh is very 'jealous' - wants to come along - but told him is in charge of driving dd to/from dance tomorrow night - and the outing is 'just for us girls"! Problem is I have seen almost every movie so it will be hard to find something suitable? I know I will be having popcorn so will have to compensate for that at some point.

Okay off to do some more chauffeur duty!

Froufie

Katpo
01-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Good evening! I'm checking in from bed (yes, I've already gone to bed) with a SORE SORE SORE throat. My goodness, it is practically on fire and raw! This is no fun. I'm not going to sleep for a while but am resting.

It sounds like everyone did very well today! I'm impressed with the Froufiecise -- you GO, girl! Maybe that'll help walk off some of the work frustration. I know you're about to pull your hair out (and maybe some other people's hair too!).

I made shrimp, broccoli and whole wheat pasta tonight. I added a little bit of olive oil and some lemon juice. I didn't eat (again with the throat) but set aside a bowl of it to take to work for lunch tomorrow. Judd ate the rest though and said it was good. I made Erin her own batch with fettuccine ... she's not a big whole wheat pasta fan. I suppose it's an acquired thing, but now I can't imagine eating the other stuff. It tastes too slimy! :lol:

Breakfast will be 1/2 sandwich made from sugarfree whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter and all-fruit spread (total of 3 pts) and a glass of milk. Lunch is the shrimp stuff and for dinner I'm making fish, sweet potatoes and salad. Why am I posting this here? I guess I'm just rambling.

Have a good night, all!

Tejas
01-09-2007, 06:41 AM
Dear Sandra :queen:

:hb: to you on your 60th birthday

I hope you get gifts :gift:

Wear a silly hat :hat:

Dance a jig :dance:

Have fun :woo:

Get adored :cp:

Get lots of hugs :hug:

Eat some cake :drool:

And get everything you need and want!!

Love ya and :congrat:
Rhonda

Vickie
01-09-2007, 08:02 AM
Oooops! Sorry, Rhonda. I didn't read this thread until after I had posted the Happy Birthday wishes for Sandra on the separate thread. I had her birthday on my home calendar and didn't want to forget to wish her Happy Birthday. I can tell that you love her very much.

Tejas
01-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Vickie: Great minds thinking the same great thoughts! Post everywhere!!

Where's the Birthday Girl...I bet she's still asleep!

Happy Birthday again, Sandra!

Rhonda

Katpo
01-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Good morning!

septembersgoal
01-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Morning! :sunny: Let's make today a great day! :exercise:

Kathy, are you feeling any better this morning?

Katpo
01-09-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm at work, if that counts. I have a box of Kleenex for my widdle runny nose, and every once in a while I cough but all in all, it's not too bad. Poor Judd stayed home from work again today because he still feels rotten.

It sure is quiet around here!

Tejas
01-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Certainly is quiet..must be that Sandra is off somewhere eating birthday cake!

I've been to the office and am now home doing various things. Making a lunch of salmon, peas and salad.

Going to go get a much-needed haircut and then try to get to aerobics class tonight. Nice day actually. Lots to do but no panic.

Rhonda

ontarget
01-09-2007, 05:49 PM
rhonda, you are so cute. thank you for the birthday message. it makes me feel good.

it's good to see so many folks here today. i had a total eatingfest yesterday but am climbing onto the wagon as i type. i'm ready to be op. i'm tired of eating.

i'll go to w a later today. nothing much else happening right now.

Froufy
01-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Sandra - must be having A REALLY GOOD TIME! Share your cake Sandra :D

Kathy - poor you - hope you are feeling better soon!

Had a horrific morning sitting and 'holding' IT guy's hand while he attempted yet another database fix (not all is lost as during the 'down time' when he wasn't looking I managed to write up 3 of my packing lists for the cruise - very time effective don't you think?:D)

Then of course dd accidentally took my lunch - and NO ONE TAKES A FROUF'S SMOKED SALMON - so even tho I was running late - (yes one option was to buy something at work for lunch) I got the fixings out and made yet another lunch for myself...and boy did I need it.

The 1.5 hour meeting w/IT (supposedly 9-10:30) actually ended at 1 pm - yes I had a break at 11:30 (managed to inhale a banana and coffee refill) but boy was I ravenous for lunch! Now I am hungry and looking forward to dinner at home! Going to movie night w/gf so will try to eat lightly so I can enjoy my popcorn!

Not sure if I will have time to exercise but I think I shal buy the turbo jam dvd (from the drugstore downstairs) - the review on it are very good, however if you are getting this DO NOT PURCHASE FROM BEACHBODY.COM - I found several complaints about credit card issues - trying to cancel and never getting refunds - being sent stuff you didn't order - then being unable to have charges reversed - sounds like a scam and a nightmare! Better off getting it on ebay or amazon or anywhere else!

Later,

Frouf

ontarget
01-09-2007, 06:11 PM
frouf, so far no cake, but i may go get one after w a. program restarts tomorrow.

ontarget
01-09-2007, 08:01 PM
well, i got cake and ice cream on the way to w a. therefore--no w a and i don't care. i'm happy and contented with my rose covered cake. the ice cream was good, too. curtis and i had a little party. life is good.

Tejas
01-10-2007, 09:41 AM
OK, then, Frouf got salmon and Sandy got cake. Not at all bad for a day!

I'm headed off to Pilates class and then coming home to WORK.

So far I haven't even had time for breakfast so I think it will be a quick yogurt shake and out the door.

It's cold and the doggie walk was brisk.

Rhonda

septembersgoal
01-10-2007, 10:16 AM
I WANT TO BE BACK ON PROGRAM! :mad:

Just wanted to share. ;)

Froufy
01-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Go for it Melissa - you can do it!!!

Turbo Jam question - do you have the 5 workouts? I noticed here in the drug store they are selling the 5 on 2 DIFFERENT dvd's at $20 each - and I was not sure which to buy. I believe one has the cardio party and ab jam - and the other one has the other 3 - which do you prefer? and what should I start with? (I am also on ebay trying to get the 5 workout version instead of paying the $40 here!).

Last night big rush going out the door - not much time for dinner (which was a good thing since dh ordered pizza!) - had 3 bowls of salad and one slice bread w/turkey - then off to drive dd to dance and make it to the movie on time. Yes I got this big honking bag of popcorn and a diet coke - but I could barely make a dent in the bag? (where's dh when you need him?:D). Just got full quickly - so I brought the rest home. Went to see Freedom Writers by the way - excellent movie - very inspiring and Hilary Swank is excellent!

No major plans for tonight and I do have to EXERCISE! Probably richard simmons? But the good scale fairies visited last night and rewarded me with a 211.8! How shocking is that? (after being stuck at 213.6 for several days now!)

Frouf

blessedwithsarah
01-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Morning all. I'm happy to report that Sarah is doing better, she did still have a slight fever this morning and she said her throat hurt a bit so I kept her out of school, my mom was able to take her all day. After all, its preschool. Of course she was very upset that she could not go - she never really figured out that yesterday she missed gymnastics. Oh well, hopefully by Friday she'll be fine to go back.

Kathy, how is your throat? There is alot of strep going around in my area. If its still bothering you call your DR. I hope you are feeling better.

Melissa, you can do it!! Are you going back to meetings? I know that really helps me alot to attend weekly.

On that note, 45 minutes until our WW at Work session starts. I'm still down to 179.5 this morning, I figure my WW official will be around 181 or so. I'm not sure what to do for my tickers. I have lost 2 pds toward my sweetheart goal - I'll probably modify the other to my official WI. Thats what I had been doing. If I had set that originally it would have been more like 184 or 185 -- thats why I went with the naked weight. Oh well. Its just a number right???? :D yeah, right.

Frouf :congrat: Great scale number -- you WILL make your cruise goal, I just know it.

Sandra -- :woo: HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Well, got to run. I'll be back later this afternoon.

ontarget
01-10-2007, 01:01 PM
good morning. we're up and at'm. curtis is shoveling fresh snow. we're heading out in a few minutes to visit the guys at the archery shop. i didn't go into it here yesterday but something sort of big came up monday night. we found out that kisik lee (us olympic archery coach hired from australia who hired him from korea) is having a weeklong high performance coaching seminar in colorado springs beginning march 5th.

we debated and ran scenarios most of monday night and tuesday morning trying to figure out how he could go. i definitely thought he should go but i didn't want to go myself. i'm not the coach. i mainly shoot. the problem was that the indoor national tournament that we've been working so hard toward is march 3-4 in salt lake city. there are other parts of the nation hosting that tournament as well. california and new mexico are hosting it the last weekend in feb. i didn't want to go to either of them because i'm used to the venue in salt lake. that's where i won the title in 05.

this is becoming a long story, isn't it? sorry. stop reading if you're bored.

we came up with a solution yesterday morning right after curtis went to the chiropracter. he's going to fly from salt lake to colo sprgs. i'm driving home from salt lake to missoula. one of the young guys (20+ yrs old) from the archery shop might ride home with me and do most of the driving. if not, i'll drive by myself. if he drives me, we'll drive straight through. if i drive by myself, i'll probably stop at a motel along the way. it's interstate the whole way but you cross the continental divide 2 times. i told a dear friend about one of those passes last year. when we drove down the snow was as high as fence tops. we don't know what the snow, ice, etc.... will be like this year. you never know. feb/march is normally a rough time of year.

anyway, i'm happy now that we have a solution. i was upset for awhile thinking curtis might decide not to go to the seminar. it's very unusual for the 2 of us to be apart. we're almost attached at the hip. he's going to talk to the guys at the shop in a few minutes and offer to pay entry fee ($75) lodging, food for the person who will ride home with me.

got to go. he's through shoveling. it's time for breakfast. i'm back on program today. life is good. have a great day, everyone.

Katpo
01-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Good morning! Another busy day here so I won't be on much.

My throat is still sore. Glands are swollen, ears are a little stopped up, and I feel generally yucky. I have to tough it out though because I'm not staying home from work.

Scale was back to 144.4 this morning but I know why. For dinner I had a big ol' Sonic hamburger and onion rings. I worked from 7 a.m. til 5 p.m. and had several errands to do after work. Didn't get home til nearly 7:30 and just couldn't see cooking dinner, so I stopped and got Sonic for Judd and I. Then I got home and Erin was there, and I felt bad about not getting her anything, so I asked what she wanted and she said BBQ. I went BACK out and got her some food, came home (it was about 8:15 by then), watched House, and went to bed. Hopefully tonight will be much better.

Congrats Froufy on seeing a new number! I agree -- your cruise goal is well within sight!

Melissa, I'm with you on getting/staying on program. I just think about what if I hadn't been messing around all this time, I'd be at my goal by now and could relax a little. Not relax in what I eat, of course, because this is a lifetime change. Last night's little bump in the road can't happen to often or I'll be back in the same boat and I refuse to regain. Absolutely refuse. So, good luck and congratulations on that exercise you're doing. I'm sure it'll make a world of difference.

Sandra, it was nice to read about your birthday and all the good moments you had. Also glad that the tournament/seminar issue was resolved. I know you'll do fine and that's a good idea about having someone drive back with you.

I guess I better get back to the salt mines...

Tejas
01-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Melissa, you can do it. The problem is not falling down; it's not getting up again.

Paula, nice to hear that Sarah is feeling better...I love your "blessed with..." Would that all humans felt that way about children!

Congrats to those who are losing! I'm scared of the scales these days. But, I got to Pilates and have been OP all day.

Kathy, hope you feel better and Sandra, glad that a decision was made.

I'm home doing the usual academic work stuff from the computer :book2: :comp: And, making a great lunch with shrimp and tomatoes...yummy.

Back later..

Rhonda

septembersgoal
01-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Thanks gals!! Love ya'll! :D

I don't have time to catch up right now but wanted to answer Frouf's question...that's a great price for those DVDs. Mine came on 2 dvds (one package) and has (if I can remember) the Learn n' Burn, 20 Minute Workout, Turbo Sculpt (on the 1st one) and Ab Jam and Carbio Party on the other. I haven't gotten past the 1st dvd though! So I can't tell you anything about the Ab Jam and Cardio Party. I hope to start those this week. I paid $50 on ebay for my "kit" and it included those dvds with a booklet that explained the program and had a diet, etc. Also included a tape measure and some coupons. But that was it.
I'm excited for you to try it and let me know what you think. :D
Oh and :bravo: on the scale! And with popcorn last night, too!

blessedwithsarah
01-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Great news to report from WI -- I was 181, the last time I officially WI was 10/25 and I was 179.8. So, having been so out of control over the past few months, getting serious after Christmas paid off. I've updated my tickers - I had lost 3pds since getting back to business so I'll use that for my 10pd goal to 2/14. The other tracker is my official wi #.

My leader took my check for the 12 weeks, but she did say once I lose 5pds she'll process the refund. For me that works since not paying causes me to be way too lax.

So, now I'm all caught up!!!

ontarget
01-10-2007, 05:21 PM
congratulations to paula and frouf for having such friendly scales. that's great.

melissa and kathy, i'm with you and am ready to get busy and shed these pounds. i'm op today and feeling great.

rhonda, you're really busy today. is it warmer there now? we're to hit 0 a couple of nights this week. brrrrrrrr

Tejas
01-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Hi All:

It's been below freezing at night and is 27 F here now. For the last few days it has been cold, with a serious west wind. But, at least it's not like being on the prairies where there are blizzards now. I do not like it at all. It's 62 F in Denton (Texas)...which makes me want to move NOW.

I've had my nose in the papers all afternoon and eyes on the computer screen. One more hour and I quit!

I've announced that I'm not making any dinner. Lunch was a great shrimp gumbo by the way. It was from the WW cookbook and only 6points with rice (which I did not eat). I'm having soup for dinner and DH is having some kind of leftover something.

Hot tea sounds good right now! :cofdate:

Rhonda

ontarget
01-10-2007, 07:58 PM
rhonda, we're having soup tonight, too. i got a kraft foods magazine today with oodles of great recipes. i'm going to get the ingredients and try some soon. i'll post them if they're good.

Tejas
01-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Good Morning:

How's everyone this morning? Vickie, we're thinking about you :grouphug:

It's overcast here in Toronto, but it's bright, not dreary. The temperature is right at freezing so the doggie walk will be brisk. Anna, my 8- year- old Border Collie X Shepherd, is right by my side here wondering why I'm at the computer when her breakfast has not been served yet :?: Her "brother" Jake (7-year-old Border Collie X Lab) is still lazing around as if he has absolutely nothing to do today! But, the minute I open the cabinet door to get out their food he will be by my side also. Doges really have good hearing!

I'm planning to stay OP today and get some :exercise: I am struggling with the desire for sweet things, and I've got one of those cookie :cookie: meetings coming up this afternoon. I'm taking the notes of the meeting :comp: so maybe that will keep my hands busy and I can't reach for cookies.

Well, that is my ever-so-exciting life...how's everyone else?

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
01-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Morning all. All is well here - Sarah is finally on the mend, she should be in school tomorrow. Its cold here today!!! Well, its "normal", but since we've been having temps in the 50s all winter, it feels very, very cold. It should warm up this weekend with a storm coming sunday/Monday. Thankfully I'm off on Monday for MLK day.

Sandra - are you getting hit with the blizzard? I heard on the news this morning that Montana was getting hit. I hope all is well with you.

Rhonda - good luck with the cookie meeting. Take lots and lots of notes and have some water or tea nearby -- can you put the cookies far away from your or bring in a yogurt or fruit instead? Work meetings can do so much damage.

Well, I'm off to post a menu thread. Take care all.

Froufy
01-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Rhonda - get some spearmint/peppermint gum and CHEW IT TO DEATH during the meeting - you can't eat cookies and chew gum at the same time! :D:D

Paula - so glad Sarah is finally feeling better.

Yes it's 'nippy' here today as well - below zero but going up to 0 (32 degrees) today - tomorrow rain and above zero - then of course it will all freeze up again and make for some treacherous roads!

Looking forward to saturday as I have my hair appt and can finally get rid of these ugly gray roots that are hanging around.

No steak for supper last night - dh and ds had LO pizza so I made myself some scrambled eggs and after dinner got on the treadmill for 30 mins - doing about 1.45 miles at 3.2 mph - not too bad - I think I can up it a bit but I am a lazy froufie - still pondering the Turbo Jam purchase and if I am not successful on ebay I shall go to the drugstore and spend the $20 on the 1 dvd (3 workouts) and see how that goes!

Kathy - how are you feeling today? Is judd still sick?

Vickie - how are you doing?

Almost lunchtime!

Froufie

Katpo
01-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Good morning! It has been a whirlwind around here this morning with meetings and people running around with their hair on fire. Everybody needs to just settle down.

Judd is well, I think I'm well although still feeling wiped out but the throat isn't sore still (knock on formica -- who has wooden desks anymore??) BUT the weather is going to deteriorate starting this afternoon. We're looking at freezing rain thru Sunday. The high temp yesterday was 63; tomorrow the rain starts and on Monday, the low will be in the 20s. I'm working tomorrow but plan to stay inside Saturday and Sunday, drinking hot tea and walking around in PJs and slippers.

Rhonda, good luck at your meeting; and Paula, I'm also glad that Sarah is much better.

Blood sugar was up this morning, higher than in the past two days. I'm not sure where we're going with this but I don't think I like it. And that's with really watching what I eat.

:dunno:

ontarget
01-11-2007, 04:48 PM
hi there. it's cold here. ya'll look at my ticker. my old bod is aching a bit trying to tell me i need warm, cozy comfort food. so far, i'm not listening. i am going to w a later today. tomorrow i go to ww then to my cardiologist. i'm expecting (and deserving) a gain at ww. at the cardiologist's? i'm expecting a brief pat on the back before he finds something else to fuss at me about. he wanted 40 lbs off before this visit. i'm not there, but i'm a lot closer than i was last january. other than being reminded to keep losing weight, i don't expect any other news. is it news that i need to lose weight? probably not.

vickie, i miss you, friend.

rhonda, our lives aren't very exciting right now either. we're trying to stay out of sweets and other decadent tidbits, too. i need to dust a little harder on my old brain to keep it clear and focused. keep warm.

paula, i'm glad sarah is mending. we were told to expect the blizzard but it didn't get here.--just the cold temps. i haven't seen the news to know what's going on elsewhere around the state but missoula has clear skies and clean roads. (so far, anyway)

frouf, 3.2 mph. i am impressed. that's pretty fast. i hadn't thought of scrambled eggs for dinner in a long time. that's a good idea.

kathy, do you go back to your doctor soon for a follow up? i hope so. i didn't realize you were having freezing rain. be careful out.

melissa? angela? where are you?

Katpo
01-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Lordy, it's cold at your place!!

Our forecast has changed a little since first reported; the rain is still starting tonight and will continue thru the weekend, but the temperature isn't supposed to start dropping until Saturday night. Sunday should be the only day for possible ice, but I'm not going outside anyway.

I hope you get a good report at the dr. I don't think I go back for a few weeks.

ontarget
01-11-2007, 05:20 PM
i'm glad the freezing rain doesn't come till sunday. that's good news for the highways.

i think you should call your doctor. don't wait too long.

Tejas
01-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Hi All:

The day went well. I've been OP all day:carrot: There were no :cookie: at the meeting. That because the administration is cheap :lol: Actually I think it is because they all want to watch their weight also!

I haven't exercised yet today and have no desire for cardio. Glad you're moving Frouf...good motivation.

I might just veg out tonight and watch one of our movies. If I do, I'll do some Pilates moves while I watch.

Rhonda

septembersgoal
01-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Here I am, but I'm off to exercise! :exercise:

ontarget
01-11-2007, 09:24 PM
just got home from w a. had a great workout. now it's time for dinner. curtis is nibbling while the chicken is baking.

septembersgoal
01-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Wow, I must be extra tired, that workout really took it out of me. I'm beat!!

Glad to see you went to WA Sandra. It still sounds like a lot of fun to me. You know what I'd love to find? A line-dancing class. I think that would be so fun, plus burn calories. I can't find one though!! (well, except for the one they have at church for senior adults...and I would probably try to go except it's during the day! :lol: )

Off to clean the kitchen...:snooty:

Froufy
01-11-2007, 10:25 PM
I would also love line dancing - or any kind of 'dancey' exercise - and actually I dusted off an old richard simmons tape tonight and have just completed 1 hour of exercise - some of it was floor work and WEIGHTS - which I hate. Yes little ds found the 3 lb weights and I just about died heaving those things around - sure hope I"m not too sore tomorrow!

Had 1/2 steak, 1/2 sweet potato and some brocolli and cauliflower for dinner - I am really trying to watch my portions - I think I am even a bit hungry when I leave the table so have to judge a bit better. I am now drinking 500 ml of water which means I'll be in the bathroom half the night!

Melissa and Sandra - good for you on 'moving your bods' as well - and Rhonda I can barely do any Pilates moves! I am impressed.

Kathy - how are you feeling? Should you check out the high blood sugar w/the dr?

dh gone to get gas for his car (price is a bit down tonight) and pick up dd from dancing! I am awaiting a call from Ray from Vegas for more cruise talk...I guess there's a 3 hr time difference?? But I do hope to be in bed by 11 at the latest.

More crises at work of course as I discovered yet MORE glitches on my database - I can't believe it is so bad.....and of course we paid big bucks for the development!

Can't wait for the weekend to begin!

Froufie

ontarget
01-11-2007, 10:30 PM
melissa, i'd love line dancing, too. have you looked in the paper for another class? i'm back from w a. it was a great workout. i am pooped but feeling good.

frouf, you're doing great. your dinner sounds really tasty. i had a chicken sandwich and some sf/ff pudding. not very exciting, eh?

Tejas
01-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Anybody awake out there?

Why is this? I went to bed over an hour ago and cannot turn off my mind :hyper:

It is not as if I'm bringing world peace or ending world poverty while I lie there with my mind churning!!
Why is it that DH puts his head on the pillow and is asleep in 10 seconds flat?

Oh well, I've tried the hot milk routine again and it ought to work.

Frouf, I LOVE Pilates. I can do most moves but I cannot do a full sit up from a prone position. My teacher said it took her YEARS to be able to do it and there are some days when she still can't. The other four women in the class do it with almost no problem :dunno:

All of Frouf's cruise talk motivated me to get the Alaska cruise brochures from my travel agent. Oh, I would love to do that one. Maybe in 2008; it's a pricey one.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Rhonda

ps: Sandra, your private email is bouncing back!

Tejas
01-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Isn't there a prize for being the last and the first to post?

I had a very restless night, even after the hot milk. I know that we presumably need less sleep after we age, but I don't think our bodies are wired for our ridiculous organization of work! Oh well, that is the way it is.

I'm having a yogurt shake for breakfast, followed by an apple. Lunch will be with a colleague and I'm pretty sure it won't be too hard to stay OP. Not sure about dinner. But, what I do know is that I really need motivation for aerobics these days. It will come I'm sure.

Have a great OP day today!

Rhonda

Katpo
01-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Absolutely! You win the prize!! :congrat: I hope you sleep better tonight. I know exactly what you're talking about with the DHs though. Are their heads really that empty that they have NOTHING to think about when they close their eyes? :lol:

I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm having a really hard time with the site and our firewall at work. It's setting some weird tracking cookies and I've been contacted by IT about it, so I might not be on much during the day. It also won't load the pages but thinks it has ... so I have to refresh 7-8 times to see the page. Crazy stuff. Anyway, don't worry if I'm not here until evenings.

I haven't looked out so I'm not sure if it's raining or not but it's supposed to start soon and continue for a few days. Judd and two of his friends are going out for their Third Annual Boys Night Out in Sundance Square. All I have to say about it is goodbye, have fun, stay out of trouble, and take your umbrella. I'm glad for the night alone but I sure could get in trouble with dinner because the sky's the limit! There's no telling what sort of junky comfort food I'll end up with, but right now Grandy's country steak dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, fried okra, and a big ol' roll with honey sounds pretty good.

I guess I'd better get my tail to work. All of today's time will be added to next week's hours so actually I'm just getting ahead. I have a dr. appt. on Thursday (mammogram) so this will make up for it with plenty left over.

Have a great day!

Froufy
01-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Yum - I would like to join you for that 'comfort' food dinner Kathy - where and when? Sounds like fun to have a night 'off'- anything else exciting planned?

Actually dh is out tonight jamming - dd going to her dad's and I"m sure big ds will be out - so just the little guy and me? Will see how I feel but maybe we can do something instead of staying home?? And it's gloomy and raining here now with temps dropping so we shall be all frozen in this weekend! Only major plan is my hair appt tomorrow afternoon and little ds has a bday party on sunday (hey maybe we can go out shopping for the present tonight?)

Rhonda- sorry about the sleep issues - I have absolutely had the same problem - so hard to turn off the brain sometimes. And even worse is music running thru your head! I have been 'addicted' to my Wicked soundtrack (each week I find a new 'favorite' song which I replay) and will wake up and have the song going thru my head over and over again - nice but really a frouf needs her beauty sleep!

I am very excited at your possibilty of an alaskan cruise - it is supposed to be gorgeous - lots of nice scenery and animals too! Make sure you choose a ship that is not too big so you can get into the 'tighter' spots where the large ships can't go!

Melissa - how's the 'turbo jamming' going? I have still not made the purchase! I did an old richard simmons tape last night - and found another BRAND NEW ONE I don't think I have ever done - so I might crack that one open today or tomorrow. Scale is hovering around 211.2-211.4 so hope to see a 'new number' by the end of the weekend!

Okay I can't stomach eating my steak/potato lunch today so I shall go hunt out something else downstairs???

Later,

Frouf

Tejas
01-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Hi All:

I'm at the union office, waiting for my next appointment. My lunch got cancelled so I just had an apple. The :cookie: are calling me so I thought I'd come here instead!

I'm going to leave a little early and we're going to try for that movie. At least, that's the plan for this minute; we'll see what actually happens.

Cold and wet here too! Not freezing though. Maybe I'll join Kathy and Frouf for dinner tonight at Grandy's. I'll just have a salad though :lol:

Rhonda

Katpo
01-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Howdy, goils! It is raining so hard I can barely hear Judge Judy!! :lol:

I worked 5 hours (which will be added to next week's time), went to the grocery store for food and firewood, and then came home. I'm staying here until Monday morning, no matter what. It is going to be MY KIND OF WEEKEND! YAHOOTY!!!

You know what though? I'm sorry to stand you guys up, Frouf and Rhonda, but I went by Chili's and got a salad. I ordered it from a few blocks away and it was barely sprinkling. The guy said it would be ready in two minutes and I said great -- I'm just right around the corner! By the time I got there, the bottom had fallen out of the sky and it was pouring. The total was $3.26 and I gave him $10. He said "Change?" and I said "No, the rest is hazard pay!" :lol: I got a new bottle of FF Italian at the store so I am good to go with my dinner!

Now the bad thing (and *I'm* the bad one for saying this) about tonight is that Erin is off work and is home. I was so looking forward to a very quiet night with nobody else here. I will deal with it though; she's sedate and will probably stay in her room most of the time.

I bought glucose monitoring strips from ebay today. At the drugstore, it's $50 for 50 strips. I got the same 50 strips for $10 plus $5 shipping. They aren't expired and I've already talked to the seller. I might have to do this on a routine basis because even though I only test once per day, $1 each time will add up! The insurance hasn't decided yet whether they will reimburse; I think the doctor will have to send them a letter. If they decide yes, then I'll of course buy them retail.

Okay that's it for me. I hope everybody's having the best day ever! Happy weekend to us all!

ontarget
01-12-2007, 07:04 PM
hi there. i'm home from ww and the cardiologist with lots of good news. 1. i just gained .2 lbs. again, i credit w a with a lot of that. 2. my echocardiogram shows good news. 3. my cardiologist was thrilled at my weightloss since he'd seen me in january 06. 4. he told me "i'm as healthy as a horse." (same as i got last week from my pcp.) 5. he took me off lassix and potassium!!!!! i'd been taking them 10 years. he said i don't need then any more as the valves are not leaking much at all now.

rhonda, i think you do get a prize for being last/first. i'm needing more motivation to go to w a, too. do you think our getting out of the habit when we were traveling's what's gotten us out of the habit? i've been averaging 2 days a week now instead of 4 or 5. i hope you can get some rest tonight. i haven't had to take a tylenol pm since i put that heated mattress pad on the bed. an alaskan cruise sounds heavenly. are you thinking of it as a retirement celebration?

kathy, enjoy your comfort food tonight. stay warm and cozy this weekend.

frouf, curious minds want to know what you had for lunch today.

rhonda, have fun at the movies.

vickie, i miss you.

melissa, how goes it pod?

we're going to traditional league tonight. that should be fun. my gf and her dh will be there. lots of laughs planned.

ontarget
01-12-2007, 07:12 PM
kathy, i know what you mean about wanting time alone in the house. i'm actually excited curtis is going to the olympic center for several days in march. i know i'll miss him after a few hours but right now i'm looking forward to being alone. i'm going to see "broke back mountain" for one thing. :lol:

Tejas
01-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Hi All:

It's so yucky, wet and rainy :rain: outside that we had movies at home. We watched "A Good Woman." What a sweet movie. DH loved it then laughed "That was almost a 'chick flick.'" Ah, he's man enough to handle it.

On the way home I was thinking that I would come home and throw chili fixins' in the pressure cooker since Kathy stood me and Frouf up. I got home and the chili was already made :hungry: Hmmm....dinner made, chick flick on the DVD......;)

Kathy, you have no apologies to make about wanting to be alone. It's a delight to be alone, when it's a choice. We'll send "stay in your room" "stay in your room" vibes to dd.

Yes, Sandra, I'm sure it was the travelling that got me out of the aerobics habit. But I made choices; I could have done more. I did walk a lot though so I wasn't completely sedentary. I think I have to wake up in the morning with a new attitude and behavior set! :kickbutt: that will last more than a day! AND that's wonderful news about your health. It's so good to be able to get off of medications. I'm proud of you and happy for you. :cheer: :congrat:

Rhonda

Katpo
01-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Yes, Sandra! You are doing so well to have those medications discontinued! I hope you continue to improve (the CHF really worries me) ... but having the doctor say you're healthy as a horse is quite a good thing!

Well, Erin is "keeping me company". You know, there could be so many things that are much worse than having your 23 y/o staying home on a rainy Friday night. At least she's not out getting in trouble ... not like she would, because she's not that kind. I'd still like to have some "me" time but looks like it won't be tonight!

So before Christmas, Judd sold his guitar. He shipped it to this lady in the middle of December. Tonight I got a call from our local UPS store where he shipped it from, and they said the lady has filed a claim saying she never got it. We haven't heard from her saying it was never received ... it was a gift, for goodness sakes, and you'd think she would have said SOMETHING to him. We have to take a lot of paperwork to UPS tomorrow, thank goodness it was insured ... and then we'll get the check from them. He'll have to contact her and find out what's up, and then send her the money back. I just think it's crazy that a month has passed and she's just now filing a claim with UPS.

Happy night to you all!

Tejas
01-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Good Morning Everyone:

There was no problem with sleeping last night. And, I have put my exercise DVDs on my placemat at the table. Won't be able to say I didn't see them that way. Now, to move them to the DVD player and move my body!

I had an interesting work experience yesterday. I am being considered as a candidate for an administrative position and I was given a second interview. I don't want to describe it on open forum and it is tentative of course. It wouldn't likely bring me into direct conflict with my union and it's in an area that I really like.

It would likely mean a substantial salary increase AND a substantial lifestyle change. That means more temptations around eating, less time to exercise, more time sitting in meetings...in other words it's a risk. Of course, all change is.

I'm spending my weekend working on a report I'm doing and...yes, getting that aerobics thing done.

I haven't even thought about food yet, but a crock pot roast might happen. And, there's chili :drool:

Rhonda

Katpo
01-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Good morning, Rhonda and everyone! I'm glad you slept well last night and hopefully are rested now. That's pretty interesting news about the interview! Good luck and I hope it turns out exactly like you hope.

I'm also making a roast in the crockpot today. It is raining and I'm so excited about it that I'm nearly giddy. I LOVE rain, especially on the weekend when I can stay home and watch it.

I'm off to find some breakfast! Happy Saturday to you all!

ontarget
01-13-2007, 10:42 AM
good morning, ladies. i'm up early getting ready to go to w a. i'm ready to lose some more pounds. one thing my doctor said to me yesterday that made me feel extra good was, "are you where you want to be now?" and another, "if i had a cigar, i'd give it to you." this is the man who was so tough on me last january saying things like, "you're overweight and out of shape. i want you to have off 40 lbs by january 07." he told me yesterday that he keeps talking like that to his patients and every now and then one will listen. i'm really glad i did. i have to confess it still took me 6 months to get started losing.

i have to tell you right now i'm enjoying being 60. all the good health news and curtis being extra attentive after his foot in mouth episode tuesday morning. life is good. i don't think he'll ever tell me he's glad i was born a long time ago again. :lol:

rhonda, curtis watches chick flicks with me some, too. i think guys like them. (well, not always) he even likes the queen latifa movies. and those mama's house type movies.

kathy, the chf worries me, too. he told me that if i had any problems to call him. i am going to be watching the scales. he said i'd prob gain a pound or two. if much more than that starts hopping on, i'll be at his door. wow! that is odd about the lady and the missing guitar.

rhonda, i'm sending you well wishes whatever you choose to do. and--congratulations on getting those dvd's out. sounds like you're going to have a productive day. (your chili sounds good, too.)

okay, i may have to get my crockpot out, too. you girls are inspiring me. i am going to the store later to get some much needed core foods. have a great day, everyone.

septembersgoal
01-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Afternoon, friends!

Sandra, :congrat: on such great news from the doctor! You're so inspiring. I told DH about it and he said that he needs to do the same thing too. He's on way too much medication to be 28 years old.

Rhonda, good luck with the job situation. I hope that everything works out the way you want. :)

Kathy, I hope that you are enjoying your weekend! It is gloomy and dreary here too.

Speaking of that, I woke up this morning (well, actually last night but I was too out of it to tell) with a UTI!! I've never had one before but I've been reading up on it and it is definitely what I have. Do you all have any experience with this? Sweet DH went to get me some cranberry tablets and juice and I've been downing them. I'm already feeling quite a lot better. You think that means it's okay for me not to go to the doctor? I REALLY don't want to go to a UTC today. I hate those places!
My only worry is that we have been off the pill...paranoia that I might be pregnant and worried about what that would mean for a UTI. But I guess I can't worry about everything!
DH has a gig tonight but I don't guess I'll be going with this pain and constant need to pee. :)
Good news--two of my co-workers are starting WW. One of them is going to go to a meeting with me next week so that we can get the stuff. We may not keep going, but I'm at least going to get the new info and get down to business.

We got some sad news this morning. Aaron's uncle died, I guess last night. He had been sick but we thought he was getting better. So I suppose we'll be traveling sometime this week for the funeral.

I hope that you all have a great day! I'm off to pee again. :rolleyes:

Tejas
01-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Hi All:

Melissa, go to a doctor. Sorry, I know you don't want to hear that. The cranberry juice will likely help but once an infection takes hold you probably need medical attention. Drink LOTS of water.

I spent the afternoon with my ex's niece and her daughter who turned 6 this week. I took them out for a late lunch. It took at least an hour longer than I expected and I haven't done much work on my report. Oh well, there's tomorrow.

We're going to a friend's house with another friend for dinner and a DVD. We take turns choosing the movie and I'm not sure what's on tonight. But, it will be fun no doubt.

Have a good evening everyone.

Rhonda

septembersgoal
01-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Thanks Rhonda...why do these things always happen on the weekend? If I go, I'll have to go to Urgent Treatment (where I've gotten horrible treatment before). Of course Monday is a holiday too so I won't be able to see my doctor until Tuesday if I wait. I guess I'll wait and see what tomorrow holds since everything is closed now. I'm feeling better than I was earlier but still having pain.

Katpo
01-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Melissa, if you can't get in anywhere for 2-3 days, see if DH would go get you some UriStat. It's sold over the counter and will help with relieving the pain and burning. If you've caught it early enough, it might help to the point of not needing any other treatment. It won't cure an infection, but is good temporary relief. The cranberry juice is good for putting acid in you to fight the bacteria. It needs to be real cranberry juice though, not cranberry juice cocktail or cran-grape, etc. And keep drinking lots of water. Okay, that was my 2 cents worth. I've lived with these things for my entire life so I feel your pain. :hug:

I had an epiphany earlier that I simply must tell you all about. It is actually something you probably know, and the same advice you would have given me if I had asked but here goes ... so Judd and I went to the store earlier and when we got back, there was a call on the caller I.D. that said "U.S. Government." Hmmm ... no message though. Very odd. And it was a local number. I fretted and worried all afternoon, and then just now went to pick up my cell phone, and there was a missed call on there from the same number, like one minute after calling the house. No message.

I got on the internet and searched, and finally found that the call had come from the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base (formerly Carswell AFB) in Fort Worth. So I called Shaun and he said no, I'm here and alive and all is well. I asked if he was taking care of a few things that he had been working on and he said yes. The only thing I can think of is that someone from Whiteman AFB is down here on business and called just to say hey. They only have my cell number, not Judd's. I did ask Shaun if he had ever given anyone my number and he said he probably put it on some paperwork for an emergency contact, but they wouldn't be calling from the JRB for that. In fact, they only deal with reserves out there.

Thanks for staying with me. Here's the epiphany: so what is the worst thing that can happen if it WAS bad news? Or something about Shaun, something he should have done or needs to do? What's it to me? I mean, sure I'm the mom but he's 29 years old and has to take care of his own issues. I'm tapped out when it comes to doing the mommy thing with him. You know me though and you know I'm still going to worry about the calls until I find out what it was about, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with Shaun.

Well, now. That wore me out so i'm going to go peel some potatoes for dinner now. Be back in a while.

septembersgoal
01-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Thank you Kathy, I really appreciate it. I might go get the UriStat. It's definitely much, much better than it was earlier!
Glad everything was okay with Shaun.

Tejas
01-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Hi All:

Kathy: I didn't know about UriStat...one of the good things about aging is that the number of those infections decreases!

The call was from me and Frouf. We were in Ft. Worth checking out the TexMex places to eat and just thought we would call and say "hello." :crossed: Now, you don't have to worry about it any more!

We watched American History X. Wow, what a challenging movie. I recommend it. But, go in the afternoon and be prepared to be drug through every emotion you have about every social problem there is. We all told our friend that she can't pick any more movies like that for evening viewing.

Dinner was meatloaf, potatoes, green beans and salad. I did well. I had a taste of the potatoes, but mostly ate meat and salad. I've forgotten that I promised to post a meat loaf recipe. I'll do that tomorrow; too sleepy now :dz:

Good night all,
Rhonda

Froufy
01-14-2007, 12:37 AM
Here I am - finally a chance to check in!

Rhonda - congrats on the possible new and EXCITING job! Hope it all works out for you. That movie does sound 'pretty deep - I too pretty lighter viewing! So did you do any of the dvd's?

Kathy - so are you enjoying watching the rain? Are you alone now? (despite not having picked up rhonda and my phonecall! teehee). Was the salad yummy?

Sandra - I am so proud of you for getting off the meds - what a great feeling that must be! I am hoping that if I am able to lose more pounds I can get off the bp meds as well.

Melissa - hope you are feeling much better and don't need to visit dr or get more meds! And it's always nice to have company on the ww program - at least you will have all the latest info at your fingertips!

vickie - hi if you're lurking!

Paula - what have you been up to this weekend?

Angela - where r you?

So last night was 'chauffering night' as dd went bowling w/friends and then to her dad's - ds and I went to pick up bday gift and to Starbucks for a treat! (for him - just coffee for me :D).

I managed to do another 30 mins on the treadmill this morning - and finally finished watching 'South Pacific' - don't you just love happy endings? Not sure which dvd to watch next - maybe Carrousel? I barely rememeber it!

Had my hair appt today - nice cut and no more gray roots! Next (pre-cruise) appt already booked where the highlights will be redone! Then off to the mall - dropped off pants to be shortened - bought some new makeup, a couple of bras for dd (2 for 1 special at sears but alas I could find nothing suitable!), then home for dinner - I was RAVENOUS when I got home - let myself get too hungry so I did inhale my dinner.

Dh and I went to see Dreamgirls tonight - I loved it (dh not a big fan of musicals but he managed to sit thru it). I love motown music especially - and the singing (and acting) in this movie are excellent! Yes I had popcorn and expect some 'salt' poundage tomorrow. Planning to do another Richard simmons dvd sometime tomorrow - just not sure when - still need to get groceries and finish up on the laundry.

nitey nite

Frouf

Vickie
01-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Hello Chicks! I've been checking in periodically to make sure all my chickie friends are doing well. My life is still pretty much in chaos and I'm trying to make peace with the lesson I've been given to learn all my life which is that I am NOT in control. I'm a planner by nature and this has been a lesson I have been given to learn over and over again. I'm sick at the moment as is Jim. There's lots of cold and respiratory ailments sweeping the Midwest.

I'm doing nearly perfectly on program with still not much exercise. Since we've been sick for the last week to 10 days, we spent much of yesterday trying to put away Christmas decorations. The tree is still up and fully decorated! That's for today.

Cindy continues to struggle and is my main focus at the moment. She is truly my hero the way she continues to fight.

I hope you all continue to do well and I promise to come back here and become the perfect Core cheerleader again as soon as I can. It made me feel wonderful to know that you miss me and are thinking of me!

Be well and happy!

aghiowa
01-14-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm here and OP, just busy. It was my oldest daughter's 8th birthday this week, which is a big deal for us. In our church, 8 is the age that they can get baptized, so I've been planning a baptism program and getting all the details together.

I turtled (stayed the same) at weigh-in last Wed, but since TOM started Thursday, I'm not surprised.

It finally snowed here yesterday...not a lot, but winter is officially here. :D

Vickie, I agree, there are a lot of respiratory things going around here in the Midwest. I'm trying really hard to avoid the latest, since it comes with a very sore throat. Not my cup of tea.

I'm roasting a duck for dinner tonight. On a wild hair a while back, I bought a duck, so we'll see how that goes.

Melissa, I hope your UTI is continuing to go away and that you feel better.

Later ladies, and Vickie, I'll keep you and Cindy in my prayers. :hug:

Angela

Katpo
01-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Vickie, I'm glad you checked in and am sorry that you and Jim are still sick. Like Angela, we're having so much illness here too, both in our area and in our town. Judd missed two days of work last week with it and probably should have stayed out all week but there was just no way he could have done it with the work schedule right now. I think he's starting to feel better. Many continued prayers for Cindy.

Our tree is also up; it was due to come down last weekend but since Judd stayed in bed from Saturday morning til Tuesday night, it didn't happen. I'm also hoping for today. The only things on my list for today are to take everything out of the fridge and clean the shelves, organize and throw away and replace it; and do the rest of the laundry that I didn't get to yesterday.

Have a good day, all.

ontarget
01-14-2007, 01:42 PM
good morning, friends. i apologize for not posting yesterday. i hope all of you are having a great weekend.

melissa, i hope you're feeling better. i had a uti once that put me down for over 2 weeks. i even passed out in the emergency room. take care of yourself. if you're not careful, they can lead to pylophrinitis (sp?). mine did. i ran extremely high temperatures and had convulsions. now you take care of yourself, podna. don't follow in my footsteps there.

i went to w a yesterday then ran errands, cooked, shopped, and then spent time time with curtis. we had a good day. i also visited on the phone a long time with a gf from texas.

today we're "hanging loose." i'm doing a lot of cooking. i love to cook on days like this (snowy and cold). i may stay in sweats all day. curtis got dressed cuz he had to shovel the drive/sidewalks.

i had an NSV today. yesterday i bought a pair of junior 11/13 grey sweats ($3.00) for mickol. i tried them on a few minutes ago and they fit--very snugly--but i got into them. they are the 3/4 length with a little gathering around the hem. i think she'll like them. they'll prob be loose on her.

rhonda, i'm glad you're sleeping better. i agree with you about not watching "heavy" movies, etc.... close to bedtime. we try to watch light shows. (now confession) last night we watched "grendel" on scifi till midnight. it was a bit gruesome but was so poorly made it was comical so i don't think i'd count it as "heavy." :lol:

kathy, sounds like you're having the same type weekend we are staying in warm and cozy. it's hot chocolate weather, isn't it? i hope those were your friends calling to say, "hello."

rachel ray cooked with ww pasta today. while cooking she talked a lot about it. good stuff. i'm making a ww lasagna (core) later today. before i do that, i'm pan grilling walleye for lunch. i may make a chicken bruschetta (sp?) later. i like to have foods on hand for lunch even though i am retired. it's good to just "nuke it."

last night i made a "creamy w/o cream broccoli soup. i liked it. i don't think curtis was wild about it but he ate it. i'll post the recipe later in case anyone wants it.

i hopped on the scales this am and was up to 166.5. my cardiologist told me to expect to gain a couple of pounds after coming off the diuretics. my weight should level out soon.

have a super sunday, friends. i'll be back later.

Tejas
01-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Hi All:

Vickie: thanks for checking in. We are all thinking of you. Do you know the expression "Man plans; God laughs." We have to "plan" but also have to realize that it can mean nothing and all change in the blink of an eye.

I slept in, skipped breakfast and had chili for lunch. I now want to take a nap and that is exactly what I'm going to do. It's grey and snowing. It's not the first snowfall of the season, but it's a real one.

I did the WATP three miles yesterday and I have plans to do it again or go to the gym today...but, FIRST, a nap!

Rhonda

Froufy
01-14-2007, 03:13 PM
A nap sounds good to me too! Was up at 7 am - going thru my pre-cruise itinerary in my head - and packing up my carryon yet again! I can't really decide what luggage I'm taking yet so I am weighing several options - too bad it is keeping me awake!

Scale up a bit this morning - and no doubt this will continue as I just finished up the LO popcorn we brought home from the movies last night!

And today is also cooking day here - after breakfast I went out to do the groceries and came home and have been cooking ever since.

Made a home made chicken soup (w/matzo balls which little ds loves - yes I had a big bowl with 2 of them myself!), also made another huge pot of spaghetti sauce - and it is delish if I do say so myself. Left some in the fridge and froze 3 containers for future use (I know big ds will eventually find them and will be THRILLED!). And I am about to take the roast chicken out of the oven - for dinner or whatever (and I made chicken salad w/the LO chicken from the soup as well). Kitchen not too bad looking but needs a bit of a cleanup pretty soon.

Dh on the treadmill and soon to take little ds to his bday party and run a few more errands for me as I just don't want to go out again! Just want to relax. And yes I have a craving for bbq chips so i bought a bag and shall indulge a bit - decided it is best to take care of this instead of letting it blow up into something bigger!

Rhonda - congrats on your exercising - good for you. I hope to do one of videotapes this evening - not sure which one yet!

Kathy - good luck with the frigde cleanup - I chucked a few things out today as well! Dh NOT very good at 'circulating' stuff!

Melissa - hope your are feeling better and not having any more pain.

Sandra - what a skinny thing you must be - soon you and your gdd will be sharing clothes!

Angela - good luck with the baptism details! Glad to see you are hanging in and I'm sure you will show a loss next week when TOM is gone!

Okay chicken is calling me - need to take it out, cool it off a bit and somehow squeeze it into my already full fridge! (never get a side by side fridge!)

Frouf

ontarget
01-14-2007, 06:12 PM
:shrug: i don't understand this. guess i'm getting old. vickie and angela, i totally missed your posts this morning, and i thought i'd looked carefully to see if you two had been here. i was very very excited just now when i saw that you'd both posted. it's good to see you. i have been missing both of you.

vickie, :getwell: i hope you and jim are feeling better. this weather's probably not helping. i am sooooo ready to have our :cheer: back. i need you.

kathy, i didn't realize judd had been that sick. i guess he's all right now. did he have fun last night at sundance square? i'll bet it was cold.:shocksn:

rhonda, a nap sounds good. :yawn: i have been burning my candle strongly all day. i made the lasagna and some taco soup. i will pan grill the fish for dinner tonight. the chicken b can wait till tomorrow. i have the watp tapes, too, but i've never done the 3 miles. you are inspiring, my friend.

kathy, i need to clean the fridge, too. ours is located in a place that keeps me from being able to pull one drawer out all the way. that creates a problem sometimes. :stress:

frouf, you have cooked a lot more than i have today.:drool: i have never had matzo balls. are they like meatballs? wish i were skinny. even though i was in those sweats, i couldn't wear them in public. :no: the world's not ready.

angela, :hb: to dd. congratulations to you for turtling. you know that's really a loss with old tom visiting.

gotta go. i may take a nap. i might even venture onto the :ebike: in a bit. who knows? the day is young.

have a good one, everyone. ;)

Tejas
01-14-2007, 07:10 PM
I've just read in the paper about a study showing the relationship between funding sources and the outcome of nutrition studies. I doubt that you will be surprised to learn that studies financially sponsored by industry are more likely to be favorable to the sponsor's financial interests than when there is no industry support. (Now the extent to which these studies are carried out in universities is a topic that I could write about for days; has been written about and I won't go on...)

But, this article mentioned a fantastic website...go look at it. The url is www.plos.org

If you want this particular study, go to journals, then PLOS medical journals and the study is right there. Read it yourself.

Rhonda

Katpo
01-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Whew, what a day! I did manage to take everything out, including shelves and drawers, clean it, throw away expired things, and reorganize while putting it back. After that, I was on a roll so I went on and did the same thing in the pantry. It makes me feel better.

Then, let's see ... I got the laundry done, made my lunch for tomorrow, made some guacamole, biscuits and gravy for Judd's breakfast (I had one biscuit with honey), and am now making bread. Stupid girl that I am, I have probably messed it up. I used a different recipe and it had an egg in the ingredients. I thought "huh?" but put it in anyway. I used to make a good white bread years ago that had an egg, so it didn't seem all that weird. Then (oh, is THIS why you're supposed to read the directions first?) I get to the bottom where it says "brush the top of the bread with the beaten egg." Aha! No wonder the dough was so sticky! I kept having to add flour, knead, add, knead ... I did get my upper arm workout but have serious doubts about the bread. If it works, I'll be surprised but if it doesn't, I'll make another batch tomorrow night. I had a big pot of bean soup that will be my dinner every night this week, and a slice of homemade bread would go nicely with it. I used King Arthur white wheat, which is a very good flour for bread.

Dinner tonight will be LO roast, potatoes and carrots for Judd. I'm not sure what I'll have, maybe a salad or something, but so far I'm too wound up to sit still for very long. Not Judd, though! He's been parked in front of the TV since this morning watching football. Guess you can tell that means the Christmas tree won't be coming down today.

Sounds like everyone's having a great day! I'll check back tomorrow night; meanwhile, have a happy Monday!

septembersgoal
01-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Well I know I've said it a 1000 times, but tomorrow I'm back on Core...serious core! I guess I'll even suck it up and weigh myself tomorrow--it's been months since I've been on the scale and I don't expect it to be pretty. Especially since my cycle is so messed up, I am bloated and stuff from that situation. :p
Well I broke down and went to the walk-in clinic this morning for my UTI. She gave me macrobid (antibiotic) and then I went and got some of the UriStat (she also prescribed but I just bought over the counter). I'm already feeling a lot better and glad that I went ahead and went to the doctor since this is going to be a busy week.
We found out that Aaron's uncle's funeral is on Tuesday, so I won't be going to work that day. I guess I'll have to do a horrible thing and call my boss tomorrow (hate to think of talking to her on my day off!!).

Kathy, what kind of bean soup did you make? That sounds good.

Angela, good to hear from you. I hope that you can manage not to get sick!

Vickie, I'm so glad that you came by to check in. Even if you don't feel like chatting we're happy to know that you are okay and doing well. We look forward to having you back, but take your time! :hug:

Frouf, you have been a cooking machine today! I'm so impressed.

Sandra, you too! You're doing great podna. Way to go on that NSV! That's so awesome. You're such an inspiration.

I'm going to work on some recipe clippings and maybe do my nails. Of course I also need to do some laundry and house work too! It's going to be a crazy few days with traveling to the funeral.

I hope that you all have a great night! :grouphug:

Katpo
01-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Melissa, I'm glad you went. The antibiotic will kick in almost immediately but listen to me good here -- TAKE THEM ALL NO MATTER WHAT. That is definitely the kind of infection that will reoccur, especially given the amount of bacteria in the ... err ... "area." Enough said about that.

I made the 13-bean soup mix. I'm the only one who eats it usually, so even if I only make half a bag it's plenty. The bread is AWESOME! It didn't rise as much as it would have, but the taste is out of this world. I wrapped one loaf for the freezer, sliced the other one and ate the two end pieces with some butter. I'll have that loaf gone this week but that reminds me, I'd better put it in the fridge since there are no preservatives.

Congrats on that Core recommitment. I know you'll do fine, especially since you know everything that you should and shouldn't eat. I hope the scale is kind to you in the morning.

If anyone (lurkers) wonders why I eat bread, it's because according to WW, I'm at goal, actually below. I get more WPAs in maintenance. Even though I want to lose a few more, I'm basically where I was headed in the first place and am just working on toning up the remainder. Don't let my bread eating confuse anyone. That's pretty much also the reason I don't post my menu.

Frouf and Sandra, way to go on all that Suzie Homemaker stuff today! :lol: Doesn't it feel good to get in there and smell up the house with lots of good food? I always love that part the best, because you can smell it for hours. And Sandra, congrats on getting those pants on! Even if you wouldn't go out in public, you still got into them! I hope she likes them too.

Okay, I have to go do a few more things before settling down. Tomorrow I'm leaving at 6:00 to get there by 6:30; I need to work 10-hour days this week so I might as well go ahead and get there to get it over with.

Night all!

Froufy
01-14-2007, 11:09 PM
New recipe - Kathy's Fantastic 1 egg Loaf - a new creation! I just laughed when I read about 'brushing' on the egg - not putting in! too funny - but so glad it turned out okay!

And you gotta love a freshly cleaned fridge - and pantry! I really need to get into my pantry and clean it out - things are hiding behind other things - and who knows what's going on back there - probably have boxes of stuff I completely forgot about!

Yes - yummy smells in my kitchen - and of course my fridge is like a jigsaw puzzle - you have to remove stuff to get anything out - then put everything back!

Sandra - also strange here - I also DID NOT SEE Vickie's post earlier? Was wondering about kathy's response about illness and trees being up - and figured it was just the texas rain or something? Now it's there and it all makes sense.

And whose BRILLIANT IDEA was bringing a bag of bbq potato chips into the house? Well seems I still lack control over such things - lesson learned. No dinner for me tonight (like I was even hungry?) - had a bit of fruit salad after my 30 mins on the treadmill (3.3 mph) and that should do it. I did drink at least 8 glasses of water today so hope flush all that nasty salt out of my system.

Angela - so how did the duck turn out? Did you do anything special with it?

I can't believe it's already Monday - got a bit of paperwork done (drug claim!), and tidied up bathroom stuff - but still have more organizing to do - I am so lazy on the weekends and just want to relax and DO NOTHING!

Also I think winter is finally here and sounds like we are expecting a snowstorm (what's that?) - I can hardly believe the roads will be covered with snow and ice. It has been such a pleasure so far driving on fairly clear roads! Well it was bound to happen!

Now the dryer is calling me!

Frouf

ontarget
01-15-2007, 01:18 AM
melissa, i want to encourage you to keep attending meetings at least until you get yourself in the routine. i think it would be best if you and your friend could keep on going and going. according to weight watchers (i know--they want to make money) people who attend meetings loose 3x as much as those who don't. i don't know if that's true or not but i do think going to meetings helped me. okay, i'm hopping off my soapbox. you do what's best for you.

kathy, i can imagine how good that bread smelled and tasted. looks like i'll be the only one eating the broccoli soup here. oh, well, that means more for me. :hungry:

frouf, i bought a can of ff pringles. so far, the lid's still on. it will be a test after i break the seal. i wonder what's up with some posts not being visible all the time.:mag: i wonder how often that's been happening.

ontarget
01-15-2007, 01:20 AM
time for some new pages.