100 lb. Club - My Daily Commitments - Week of 1/8 -1/14

rockinrobin
01-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Good morning lovely ladies!!!! I hope no one minds, but I thought I'd get the weekly thread started this morning. Wow, second week in January already. The time is surely flying.

It's pouring rain here (northeast) grey, dark and miserable. But can't complain too much we had an awesome 72 degree day on Saturday and I took advantage of it and had a lovely walk with a good friend. I had a pretty decent weekend, but could have exercised more, nibbled a little less and drank more water. I find the weekends much more difficult then the week. I found a strange lump above my belly button last week and I have a Dr.'s appointment at 10:00 this morning. I haven't seen my Dr. since the second week in Sept., about a week after I changed my lifestyle. And for the very first time I actually can't wait to get on the scale. We'll see what she has to say. I'm curious how my blood tests and blood pressure are.

As for today, I'd like to:

- Get back into crazy exercise mode
- Stay at or under 1200 calories
- Drink lots of water
- Keep nibbling to a minimum
- Get some work done
- Get a clean bill of health from Dr.

CC, where are you? Everything okay? I sure hope so.

Have a great day everyone.

PNG 2
01-08-2007, 12:32 PM
OK, I'm here... bright and a little too early, bt I made it... I'm trying to bounce back... Yoda can shove it with his "Do or do not!" lol, trying is as good as it gets right now...lol

I'm planning some heavy duty cleaning, and I'm gonna wear my pedometer allll day, and play some of my nifty new bellydance music (I love emusic :D) so I can kinda keep up some steady movement all day... and have some way of measuring... hmm, I wonder if undulations will effect the pedometer... :|

Robin, good luck with the doc! And I'd take rain and warmer weather over what we have anyday... Hubby'd better know it's love, I moved way up here in the mountains for him...LOL

My goals for the day are:

Eat a healthy breakfast (check :D )
Drink a goodly amount of water BEFORE coffee (it's killing me, but I'm on it..check)

Drink goodly amounts of water all day

Eat the good healthy lunch and dinner I have planned, rather than wahtever walks through the door with hubby...lol tomorrow is his weigh in for his challenge... kind of like Biggest Loser Elko...LOL, so hopefully, he'll be good, and neither of us will be scarfing anything we shouldn't.

Take a good hour or 2 of ME time while kidlet is at school... nice hot shower/scrubby fest...knitting...soap operas, and some catchup time with hubby too :D

All I can think of for now... I'm running on low sleep... *yawn*

GirlyGirlSebas
01-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have one major commitment for the day.....Dont give up!
1) water water water.....at least 8 glasses.
2) stay onplan, Southbeach Phase 1....good bye sugar addiction.
3) Walk 40 minutes a day or do WATP dvd 3 mile walk.

MaWhit
01-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Robin, good luck at the doc!

PNG--Enjoy your ME time. :)

I lost 6 pounds this week (gott love those early weeks) and I'm ready for this week, too. Goals for today are to stay within my calorie range, and fit in exercise. Crazy day today with kid dentist appontments and swimming classes, etc... But I'll make it happen.

108tolose
01-08-2007, 01:28 PM
My commitments today:
- drink water
- no grazing!
- eat 2 snacks
(and totally not weight loss related, but maybe if I write them down I'll get it done!)
- WASH CLOTHES, pack the girls' clothes and start packing for my trip on Tuesday.

So I only got one load of clothes washed and haven't even begun packing. Oh well. Only one snack - why do I have issues with that? Honestly, I do know. "Eat only when you're hungry" and if I'm not hungry I don't think about going to get a piece of fruit or something. Need my brain reprogrammed. I didn't go for a walk yesterday afternoon, but 6 days out of 7...I can live with that.

Today:
~ Water
~ TWO snacks
~ Gym

May as well go ahead and say what my commitments are for tomorrow since I'll be in the car at 6 am:
~ Make healthy choices for lunch and supper
~ Drink water (cokes make me swell!)
~ Hit the exercise room as soon as possible after checking into the hotel
~ No more than 1 glass of red wine (I'm not a drinker, so I probably won't even have that!)
~ And because I will be able to...take a long hot bath with no interruptions from kids and RELAX.
~ Remember that business trips have always done me in - don't quit, I've come too far!

SuchAPrettyFace
01-08-2007, 01:39 PM
My goal for this week:

eat breakfast every day, even on the weekends.

Redeemed
01-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Ok... This is my first time doing this but I am pretty excited! Maybe if I put it here I will really stick with it.

My Daily Commitments this week are:

Exercise, Exercise, Exercise
Water, water, water
Nothing fried
moderation in everthing

And a big one for me is to not let the scale dictate my diet. Usually, if I want something that I know I shouldn't have, I will step on the scale. If the scale shows that I am losing then I won't eat whatever it is. BUT... IF the scale hasn't moved or I have gained.. I will say "FORGET IT" and eat whatever I want.

This is a great thread!!

mamajok
01-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi gals...I am not sure if I am posting in the right place but here goes.

My daily goals this week is to drink more water and walk around our very long block for two days then do it twice on the third day.

Good goals we're making gals...to good health.

Have a great week!

NESunshine
01-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Phew...sorry it took me so long to get here today girls! I would have posted real early this morning when I left for work if I had known our servers would be down most of the day here....Not like it was a surprise...there was a major virus that attacked us on the national level last week and the kinks are still being worked out, though I don't know how I can sell any tickets without our network and ticketing systems being up....I digress.
Anyway the weekend went fab. I always weigh myself on Monday but for some reason the numbers never move until Wednesday so I'm still in the same place. I did real good this weekend. Real low on the calories, no snacking, went to the gym Saturday and Sunday, got all my housework and laundry done, kept up with all of my water. I'm happy with that...weekends are usually the toughest since I'm home. During the week work really keeps me structured with my eating, weekends I have to try harder. I was actually low enough on my calories that I could afford dessert last night:) I thought long and hard on what to have and made a delicious concoction!
When I was at the store I bought some Elan Decaf Cappuccino Frozen Yogurt and I also made a batch of fat free sugar free jell-o vanilla pudding. I took a half cup of pudding and a half cup frozen yogurt and layered them in a dish and topped it off with 2 tbsp FF cool whip. The totals came in at 167 Calories, 31 carbs, 4g protein,and 2.5g fat. A bit high in carbs but overall not bad for a dessert and I still wasn't over on any of my daily nutritional goals in any area. It was almost too much to eat (I haven't really had any sweets since I started) and I had it with a nice cup of tea instead of my usual glass of wine.

Anyway here was what I had for the day

1. Exercise (did 30 minutes of yoga this morning, was going to go to the gym today but our offices are moving so I spent all day packing, lifting and moving boxes so I'm going tomorrow)
2. Got 1/2 a nalgene bottle of water still to go
3. stay within my 1600 calorie goal range

Robin...isn't this weather CRAZY...and the 70s on Saturday I couldn't believe it! It was pouring on my way into the city this morning on my way to work....I so could have stayed home today!

CLCSC145
01-08-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm here, Robin! Just was feeling a little blah about posting over and over about my lack of exercise, but I hauled out a Pilates video last night and rolled around on the floor like a giant walrus for 30 minutes. That is NOT something I'd do in public. I worked harder trying to grab the parts they wanted me to grab prior to doing the move than actually doing the move! For a visual, picture a 287.8 pound woman trying to balance on her rear while grabbling both ankles and extending the legs into the great blue yonder. I spent most of the time trying to just grab my ankles let alone balancing or flinging my legs in the air... Whew.

For today, just eating well and may tackle some more exercise, but I'm trying not to pressure myself. As Naylnn would say, quit the all or nothing thinking.

Speaking of which, where is Nalynn??? And CaseyGail???

JennyWenny
01-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Hello, all!!

My commitments have been met for the day. I ended up walking 2 miles and working on upper body for weights. I think I am going to switch, upper and lower, so I can focus more and what needs done.

Commitments for tomorrow:
>Drink my water
>Go to gym
>Eat healthy breakfast and take a healthy lunch to work.

LostBombera
01-09-2007, 12:30 AM
Good evening every one;

Today was a bit tough for me. I drank my H2O, crunches and ate healthy. Yesterday I did my first 30 min workout on the eliptical and my legs were jello when I was done. This am I thought I would be really sore, but alas I wasn't. Then I went to do my 30 min for today and at 2 min my legs went jello, UGH and OH NO !!!! I kept telling myself "you can do one more minute, anyone can do one more minute" finally I hit the two minute cool down and knew I would make it . . . hope it's a bit better tomorrow

GREAT JOB to everyone for conquering their goals.

Tomorrow is a new day and we can DO IT!!!!

S. Diane

MaWhit
01-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Met my goals today. :)

rockinrobin
01-09-2007, 07:41 AM
Good morning everyone. A big hello and welcome to all the new gals. Glad to have you amongst us.

Everyone is doing so well. Keep it up!!!!!!

CC, I hear you about not liking to post about the exercise, I feel like that many, many days myself. Like do they really need to hear about it again? But, umm yeah, we always want to hear what YOU have to say. Okay, having said that:

As far as yesterday goes, I did not do well on the water front or the exercise front. And I've been saying that for the last 3 days or so. Not good.

My doctor's appointment confirmed that I do have a large mass growing inside of me. The doctor says it's like the size of an orange. It seems to me to be growing in leaps and bounds, last night it felt like a baseball. About 20 months ago I was found to have tiny uterine fibroids, so that's the first place we're going to check. Although it's so high up, above my belly button, I don't see how it could be. But I'm certainly no doctor and it does kinda make sense to start looking there. I have an appointment with my gynecologist this coming Monday. I am frightened, but trying to be positive. The Dr. told me these things are very rarely malignant. I'm still more then a bit scared though, it sounds like at best, surgery is inevitable. And of course I'm thinking there goes the exercise and weightloss out the window. We shall see. I'll keep you posted. I'm not so good at asking people to do things for me, but if you could possibly put in a good thought for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

As for today I'd like to:

Eat and drink well, get back on track with the exercise.

I hope you all have a great day. Good luck with keeping your commitments. :smug:

NESunshine
01-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Robin, You've got all my good thoughts and positive mojo and I tell you I am not a religious person in any sense but I think I can muster up some sort of 'prayer' for you too.
Welcome to everyone new! CC, you crack me up with the post on pilates...I know exactly what pose you are talking about! I don't even attempt that level yet! You are a brave girl
Anybody heard from Nalynn or Caseygail? They have been MIA for quite some time.
Well today I'm actually going to try to get some work done at work now that the systems are actually working.
I'm also going to
1. stay within my 1600 calorie range
2. go to the gym
3. try to do some abs too
4. enjoy the sunshine!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

Robin - sending big hugs your way :hug: and I'll be praying for you.
CC and S.Diane - good job with the workout. Just think, one day we might love working out!

I have one major commitment for the day.....Dont give up!
1) water water water.....at least 8 glasses.
2) stay onplan, Southbeach Phase 1....good bye sugar addiction.
3) Walk 40 minutes a day or do WATP dvd 3 mile walk.

Didn't do very well on my commitments for yesterday. My weigh-in really got me down. Didn't drink all of my water and didn't stay on plan. I didn't eat any foods that werent on my list, but I did over eat. One positive is that I did my 40 minute walk. I am back on track today...can't let one disappointing weigh-in make me throw in the towel!

Today's commitments -
1) Stay on plan. 3 meals and 2 snacks....measure to make sure I'm not eating too much. Limit the cheese and watch protein portions.
2) Make the time for the 40 minute walk, even though its a very busy work day. This has to be a priority.

okiechick
01-09-2007, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=CLCSC145;1522582] For a visual, picture a 287.8 pound woman trying to balance on her rear while grabbling both ankles and extending the legs into the great blue yonder. I spent most of the time trying to just grab my ankles let alone balancing or flinging my legs in the air

I totally understand! I don't have to visualize, all I have to do is look in the mirror when I attempt it. One of these days I willbe brave enough to take a picture so that when it is "easy" for my I will have something to motivate me NOT to go back. This morning on Good Morning America they had new year's resolutions for the animals at a park. The trainer was doing push up and sit ups and the walrus was attempting to copy his moves. I said "HEY! I know that move!"

Robin you are in my prayers. You will get through this and be a stronger, wiser person for it. :hug:

No treadmill for me yesterday, DS was upset that I played raquetball without him Friday so I took him last night. I didn't win but I still keep up with a 15 year old pretty well. After 3 games though, I had to say no to a fourth. I teach an evening class tonight so I hope to do SOME form of exercise, but I just can't see when. I leave here at 4 and have to be there at 5:15 and don't leave until 9. Maybe I can just do some weights at home afterwards

Other commitments.
* water water water...starting to substitute and justify...NO MORE
* eat healthy (I have to come up with better breakfasts, I am starting to be so hungry before lunch I am almost going to the cafeteria for lunch instead of eating my wrap.
* not whine about sore muscles...*sniffle sniffle*

LostBombera
01-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Good afternoon,

You all are tooooooo funny, I love it. Pilates, ankles . . . I've tried that, by the time I get a hold of my ankles I just fall over, not quite sure why, I've got a nice big pillow (my backside) to balance on. Then I try again . . . toooooooo funny.

Robin, a BIG :hug: for you!!
Rhonda, hang in there, at least you ate foods that were on your list . . . me I always falter to that every loving chocolate in almost any form . . . One problem I have is that once I eat something I don't want to stop . . . what is that all about????

I need help with popcorn!!!! Orville Redenbacher's Low Fat Kettle corn says it is 15 calories per cup and it says there are 5 cups popped (it does look like five cups) so if I eat the WHOLE bag then it's only 75 calories??? I've been counting 90, just in case it's a bit more than 5 cups. Am I looking at all of this correctly or not???

Popcorn is a great filler and comfort food for me and if I could eat a whole bag every day . . . I would be sooooooooooooooo :D

I am on day nine for eating healthy, H2O, and crunches, and completed day 3 for my 30 min eliptical machine.

Everyone keep up the good work!!
It's trying to spit snow here, I wish it would just get here already!!

S. Diane

CLCSC145
01-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Oh Robin :hug: :hug: :hug: I'm sorry you're having to deal with that. :( I'm keeping you in my prayers! Did you find it as a result of the weight loss or did you notice it before too? I'm just trying to find some silver lining here. At least they found it and can address it. Stay strong! We're here for you!

Okiechick, you made me laugh! I don't know what I would do if there were photo evidence of my pilates attempts. If I could ensure that NO ONE else would EVER see it, that would be a priceless piece of motivation! All that struggling must have been good for me, because my stomach muscles have never been this sore that I can recall.

Way to go on the commitments, everybody! We're not going to be perfect every day, but if we succeed more than we fail, we'll get there.

Still holding it together on the food front. I might try a walk tonight... the foot feels pretty good today.

NESunshine
01-09-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm changing one of my commitments today...My plan was to go to the gym after work today however we've just heard that there was a bit of an accident on my commuter train line (a train struck a construction crew) so it looks like its gonna take me a good amount of time to get home...if its too late when I get home to go to the gym I will pop in one of my DVD's and work out at home for an hour...same amount of time as I would if I was at the gym.

rockinrobin
01-10-2007, 07:31 AM
Good morning dear friends,

I can't begin to thank you enough for your prayers, kind words and good wishes. It means more to me then you will ever know.

I don't want to dwell on this too much, but some of you might have seen my post in the support section. I'm just gonna keep it brief and then move on. What other choice do I have?

My Dr. called me yesterday afternoon with results of my blood tests Monday morning and it wasn't pretty. For all of my adult life my cholesterol has been in the low 200's. In May 06' it was 205, in Sept 06' it was 203. I always felt so fortunate to have escaped high cholesterol even though being so, so overweight. And that's how I wanted it to remain and my health was my first and main reason for changing my lifestyle. I thought for sure since I've lost over 78 lbs that the Dr. would tell me my cholesterol was in the one hundreds. Well she didn't - she told me it climbed 185 points in 4 months, to 388. She said she has never, ever heard of this happening in ANYONE, yet alone to someone who's lost as much weight as I have. We're doing a retest on Monday, if we get the same results, then she will have to medicate me.
I feel as if the wind has been knocked out of me. But it certainly won't stop me in my quest to get to a healthy weight, whatever that means anymore. So moving right along.......

I did pretty well with yesterday's commitments. I drank more water and exercised more yesterday then I had in the past few days. And eating was on target.

For today I'd like to:

Eat well
Exercise
Drink lots of water
Not agonize over my current medical delimema(s)

Have a great day ladies. :wave: :wave: :wave:

108tolose
01-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Robin, you're in my prayers!

~ Make healthy choices for lunch and supper
~ Drink water (cokes make me swell!)
~ Hit the exercise room as soon as possible after checking into the hotel
~ No more than 1 glass of red wine (I'm not a drinker, so I probably won't even have that!)
~ And because I will be able to...take a long hot bath with no interruptions from kids and RELAX.
~ Remember that business trips have always done me in - don't quit, I've come too far!

So I didn't do so well yesterday. I made good choices on food, EXCEPT I didn't eat lunch. I was late for my meeting so I had no choice but to keep on driving. At supper I had a fantastic steak and arugala salad from Macaroni Grill (one of their "smart fare" selections). I did yesterday's exercise at 5 am this morning. And I didn't get to take by long hot bath. TONIGHT!!!

~ Make wise choices
~ Drink lots of water
~ Don't let the stress get to me
~ More time on the treadmill after the meeting
~ Go to sleep earlier than last night

GirlyGirlSebas
01-10-2007, 08:45 AM
Hi Robin,

I'm sorry you didnt get the good news you were expecting from the doctor. I know how frustrated and concerned you are. You have done an amazing job at getting your health back under your control....losing 75lbs, exercising and eating right. If you do need to go on medication, it does not have to be a bad thing. My Dad has always been slender and ran 4 miles a day. Now he speedwalks. He is a health nut...takes vitamins and supplements everyday and eats healthy......and he has a problem with his cholesterol and has to take medication. Sometimes these things are just out of our control.

Today's commitments -
1) Stay on plan. 3 meals and 2 snacks....measure to make sure I'm not eating too much. Limit the cheese and watch protein portions.
2) Make the time for the 40 minute walk, even though its a very busy work day. This has to be a priority.

Met my commitments for yesterday. :cb:

Today's commitments -
1) Water water water....this seems so easy...but I forget!
2) Stay on-plan...measure...not too much cheese or protein.
3) Either 40 minute walk or WATP 3 mile.
4) Stay off the scales!- I can hear them calling me!

NESunshine
01-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Good morning all.
Robin darlin you are still in my thoughts. What you've accomplished so far can't be hurting you and girlygirl is right, sometimes things are just out of our control and all we can do is keep pushing forward. It will all work itself out.

As for me, well last nights commute was atrocious... all of my trains were not even delayed they were classified as 'status unknown' because of the accident that happened...yet another terrible catastrophe in Boston.....basically late afternoon yesterday a commuter rail train slammed into a construction crew working on the tracks on the route that I ride. 2 workers were killed, really a horrible scene. Who knows how long it would have taken me to get home if I had tried to stay and wait for a train to actually board....especially since its now a federal crime scene so half the tracks are still closed and they were stopping 2 stops into the ride and then busing people.... needless to say I hopped on the subway and headed to the closest suburb possible and had my dad pick me up and take me to my car. By the time I actually got home, made dinner and got lunch together for today it was 11:00PM so I just hit the hay since I have to get up at 5:00AM which means no gym and no DVD's were done.

Wednesday is however my lucky day though...for some reason the scale only drops on Wednesday's....my pattern is drop 2 or so lbs on Wednesday, gain that 2 by Friday, lose that 2 by Sunday then lose 2 more on Wednesday then the cycle starts over again...its really strange...but as long as I'm gradually going down every week I'm ok with whatever my body is doing. My clothes are a bit smaller and fitting better, tops are getting loser, and I've officially lost my first 20lbs so I get to change my avatar etc.

I almost think I got a couple of looks from attractive suited gentleman on my morning commute today....It could have just because I'm really a walking catastrophe in the mornings...balancing my book and coffee and bag etc...usually spilling more on me than I get in my mouth....or it could have been my hot work pants in the smallest size that I own that are snug fitting without being flaw revealing and my ability to not only balance on the train in heels but run in them as well....either way it wasn't the 'I wonder how many donuts did that girl have to eat to look like that' glances.

Anyway for today
1. Update my tickers and avatar
2. GYM GYM GYM GYM...hopefully there will be no train collisions keeping me from the elliptical today!
3. 1600 calories....not 1642.....1600
4. drink my water...don't spill it all over my desk like I did yesterday!

Mrs Quadcrew
01-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Good morning everyone, I somehow lost the committments posts.:?: I have now found them, god help us computer illiterate folks.;)

Robin ~ You are in my prayers. You are such an inspiration to so many people. My daughter had the fibroids issues also, so I kind of know what you are going through. None of hers were malignant - but still it is rough stuff to have to deal with.

Everyone is doing so well!! I get so encouraged when I get on here and read everyone's posts. I had to change my walking routine (usually at 3 pm when DD gets home from school) She has a change in plans this week, so I have to get up early and go walking first thing (and we are talking about 6:30 am here) Today was the first day for me, and it went really well!

1. Get daily 30 minutes walk in (DONE!)
2. make sure to drink when I am thirsty
3. plan the meals for the rest of the week out

Lifeguard
01-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Robin - I am so sorry to hear about your recent troubles. Hopefully the bloodtest was just some mix-up & the next one is good. Fortunately cholesterol is something that things can be done for - one of my friends just started down that track - funny, she is the last one I would have expected that for. My thoughts are with you for your lump - how about this as a silver lining - an orange sized anything removed from you has got to weigh something - that could be like a 2lb loss there!

My committments:
-no tv
-drink my water
I'm keeping it simple as my moods have been slipping & I don't want to push it.

P.S.
Has anyone else had this kind of problem? I have a scar (from an appendectomy when I was 7) on my abdomen. Today I noticed that the scar is tighter than the area around giving it this crazy puckered in appearance. My dh agreed that it definitely didn't look like that before. No change to my weight. Weird!

disappearingchick
01-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Hi All! This is my first time posting to the Goals thread. But reading through I can see where this would be helpful! Today is just half over, but here are my goals for today...

1. Stay on plan (South Beach Phase 1 - Day 10!)
2. Take a longer walk with the dog tonight (even though it is way cold outside!)
3. Drink lots of water
4. Take time to prepare lunches and things for tomorrow TONIGHT so that I am not so rushed in the morning
5. Continue to resist the HUGE dark chocolate bar in the break room that everyone else is snacking off of!

So far so good - my husband and I started South Beach on New Year's Day, with the intent to work the principles into a new lifestyle of eating. However, right now we are in the strict phase - helping our bodies detach from the carb cravings that we were both so enslaved to! It's day 10 and my hubby has done better than me - but I've only truly had two slip ups myself (and one of those slip ups was fresh strawberries! The other was a Frosty...). Weight loss to date is 10 pounds (which I know that this strict phase brings on higher weight loss in the first few weeks which will settle out to probably a pound or two a week when I move to phase 2).

Starting weight on New Year's Day was 265.5. Today's weigh-in was 255.5 I officially have LESS than 100 pounds to lose now! Yeah!

Glad to be here - looking forward to getting to know you all some more!

Holly :smug:

okiechick
01-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Robin,is cholesterol stored in the fat somehow and then released as you loose? Probably not, otherwise many people would have the same problem. And that is why I teach math, not science. 185 points in 6 months seems really extreme, I think the lab tech goofed.

Congrats on everyone's accomplishments. I started posting late but I have been on plan all day. Water is almost done, one more 16 oz bottle. I WILL get on my treadmill or go to the Y tonight, one way or the other. I didn't get to exercise yesterday and I won't let that happen 2 days in a row.

Question, I have been getting a really bad dry taste in my mouth the last few days. I am not on Atkins (just counting calories on fitday.com). I know when I was on that plan it was expected because on something to do with the lower carbs but I can't remember it was so long ago (before Weight Watchers). Does anyone else have this problem or as I just losing my mind?:dizzy:

PNG 2
01-10-2007, 07:49 PM
*snugs* robin, hope the next test comes back better...

I'm doing...ok, not eating insanely, but still having issues, cravings, mood issues, so on... I've been pretty stressed by some non weight/health issues, and have been pretty much knitting my way through it... good thing about knitting, it keeps both hands busy, and I can't stop and grab a snack mid-project, because I'll get my yarn dirty... lol.

I'm going to try some more light exercise tonight, after the kids are asleep, but before hubby gets home, see if I can get rid of some tension.

I guess that's my goal, oh, and drink some more water...

(I hate getting in here so late :S)

CLCSC145
01-10-2007, 09:55 PM
I started to post this morning, then looked at the clock and had an "Oh (expletive)!" moment and had get ready double-time to get to an appointment.

Anyway, Robin, you poor thing. :hug: Tell your doctor she is not allowed to call you again unless it's with terrific news. Don't let it knock you off course-- you're my lead boat in this regatta and I'm following you!

I was going to post that I was planning to do well eating-wise today and take a walk. Eating - Check! Walk - I'm going to try tonight.

Hope everyone does well today and tomorrow if I don't get backp here in the morning again!

LostBombera
01-11-2007, 01:01 AM
Evening chickies

Robin, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm with the others, I think the lab messed up, but all we can do now is wait . . . and if they didn't at least there are options to help the cholesterol levels.

Well, a boring day, but did my exercise, crunches, ate healthy and drank LOTS of H2O. So all in all a good day. Two interviews tomorrow, back to back, UGH!!!! I am such a lousy interview . . . I'm not very good at ringing my own bell, if you will, but we will see.

GREAT JOB to everyone on their goals!! Keep it up and have a great Thursday!!!

S. Diane

GirlyGirlSebas
01-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Today's commitments -
1) Water water water....this seems so easy...but I forget!
2) Stay on-plan...measure...not too much cheese or protein.
3) Either 40 minute walk or WATP 3 mile.
4) Stay off the scales!- I can hear them calling me!

Not too good on yesterday's commitments. Yesterday was a stress day for me....have a report due at work, "disagreement" with hubby, etc etc etc. That's life, huh? Need to learn to deal with the stress with something other than food. Didn't drink enough water, ate too much of the restricted foods on my plan, and did not get any exercise. As far as staying off the scales, they weighed me at the doctor's office....does that count?:)

Its a brand new day, so here goes today's commitments:
1) Stay on-plan - weigh & measure, eat througout the day and not just the afternoon and evening,
2) Water! Gotta flush out all of this fat I'm burning :p
3) Exercise - minimum of 40 minutes on walk or WATP dvd 3 miles.

Mrs Quadcrew
01-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Girly - you can do it today!!

Today's committments for me......well, I have had to do my walking at 6:30 AM the last 2 days, and I have found that I ENJOY walking first thing in the morning! It seems to get my day off on the right track - BAM! I may just keep that routine going!

1. Make sure I get enough calories in (yesterday was the first day in my life I ate so little and yet was actually FULL!!)
2. Keep hydrated.
3. Get the rest of the laundry done (washer and dryer are in the basement, so every load is a trip up and down the stairs!!)

Good luck everyone else on your DC's!!

okiechick
01-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Yesterday went really good. I even played racquetball again with my son. I even won one game (out of 4) but it has been so long. My son is in great shape with muscles but it was the last game and he started to wear down. You can bet he will do everything he can to make sure it doesn't happen again. He didn't like being beat by momma.

Today....
*water water water
*find so time to exercise...another busy day with teaching day and then again from 6-9.... at least some crunches
*eat healthy meals...stay within Calories

Have a great day all!

rockinrobin
01-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Good morning ladies.

I just want to thank each and everyone of you who have sent good thoughts and kind words my way. What a blessing you all are. I am so lucky to have come across all of you!!!!

And I just want to tell you for the time being I won't be posting on this particular thread every day. I have been finding it a burden instead of a help and I just can't focus on it right now. No, I'm not giving up my quest for a thinner, smaller and healthier me, although that sure seems to be backfiring, if anything I'm determined more then ever to keep pushing forward on should I say downward. If I do need surgery to remove the large mass, I'd like there to be less of me on that table. I'll DEFINITELY be around, you're not getting rid of me that easy, but not on this thread....for now. I do reserve the right to change my mind though. We'll see what happens. :dunno:

I again want to thank all of you and wish you lots and lots of luck with your weightloss journey. :wave: :wave: :wave:

NESunshine
01-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Morning ladies,
Robin, you do what you need to do....do what is best for you. If something is weighing on you and creating a roadblock for you then it only makes sense to take a step back. I hope I do bump into you around on other areas and threads as you have really been such an inspiration to me. I don't plan on going anywhere so you'll know where to find me if you ever find yourself needing a shoulder :D I wish you all the best and will be keeping my fingers crossed for you :hug:

Anyway yesterday went very well for me...I got out of work on time, ran into no commuter woes, went straight to the gym and pushed out a solid 45 minutes on the elliptical. It felt very good to get a workout in as it had been a couple of days.

I have however been noticing some pain in my knees. I've never posted about my knee troubles here before... I've never really considered them any sort of handicap to weight loss because I'm so stubborn with being injured.......however I'm sure that a lot of the weight I've gained is partially to do with my inactivity levels caused by them being damaged over the years..... basically when I was a freshman in high school I had them destroyed between the bumpers of a couple of cars and spent a year in a wheelchair.....I relearned how to walk again and all of that only to re-damage them a couple of years ago in a head on collision (they went through the dash at a 160mph combined impact...i got hit by someone driving the wrong way of the highway). I have always had some pain and joint problems etc. and I know I always will but it is never daily and never constant and its been rather persistent for about a week now which worries me.

I know that at some point I will probably need a double knee replacement and I'm hoping that by losing weight and building up my muscles I can put that off for as long as possible...the last thing I want to do is go see an orthopedic surgeon....and trust me I will put it off as long as humanly possible out of pure stubbornness... anyway the weather tends to effect how my joints are feeling and it hasn't really been cold here until the past week or so so I'm really just hoping that the pain is due to the icy cold weather tightening up my joints. I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining....just venting it really....no knee problems ever stopped me before and I'm certainly not going to let them stop me now! I'm still going to the gym today....it just may be taped and in braces is all.

Anyway for today
1. gym again....pay attention to the knees
2. I've got my food planned for the day....stick to the plan
3. do some abs today as well
4. no midafternoon coffee!

LondonJulz
01-11-2007, 12:21 PM
My daily commitments this week:

1) WATER all day long!
2) Keep with the foods I've been eating (in the portions I've been eating)
3) Do the Pilates every day!!!!
4) Keep with the treadmill - increasing my speed and time as I can!!!

CLCSC145
01-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Robin, I'm with Sunshine, do what you need to do and we're here for you in whatever way you need. :hug:

And Sunshine, you have been through so much! Good for you for doing what you can to put off surgery as long as possible.

So I got a new avatar today -- Woohoo! As for my commitments, I didn't exercise, so I get a thumbs down for that. But I did well on eating and everything else, so I'm not going to beat myself up.

I'm going to hold off making any promises for today and just take it one moment at a time.

Good luck everybody!

NESunshine
01-11-2007, 03:38 PM
cc....30lbs that to me seems like it gets a big thumbs up! and as far a surgery goes...I've put it off for 10 years already...whats 10 more:goodvibes

GirlyGirlSebas
01-11-2007, 09:57 PM
And I just want to tell you for the time being I won't be posting on this particular thread every day. I have been finding it a burden instead of a help and I just can't focus on it right now. :

Hi Rockinrobin...Definitely, if this thread is not is not helping you, we understand. But, I will miss you! I'm hoping we'll still see you on the 100lb club and on 3FC. And...you know, you're welcome back at any time!

disappearingchick
01-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Hi All!

I didn't get here until late in the day, so I'll just give a brief check-in on the day...it went well - was able to stay within plan - in fact I've noticed I haven't had much of a desire to eat much at all. Maybe that's not a good thing. Had breakfast and lunch today, came home and started dinner but wasn't really interested in eating quite yet, so I got everything ready, stuck it in the fridge and when my hubby calls to say he's on his way home from work (had to work the later shift today) I will pop it in the oven to cook and we can eat together.

Other than that I did not walk much today - just quick times taking the dog out...it's barely 15 degrees out there and the wind is blowing strong! Brrr!!

Did not step on the scale today which is a good thing. I had been getting on there daily and it was becoming obsessive. Told my husband I wouldn't weigh until my weigh-in day on Monday, and I stuck to it today!

Was tempted by a Tootsie Roll on my way out the door from work (that place is crawling with goodies) - and the rationalization started to come into my mind 'ah, it's small, won't do any damage' or 'tootsie rolls is a better choice than a candy bar' but in reality the phase I am in (Phase 1 of South Beach) does not allow any sugar, so I'd be venturing off plan and beginning a slippery slope of rationalizing my food choices. So after a bit of thought and talking myself out of the temptation I moved along my merry way sans said Tootsie Roll!

Haven't been as tempted by the huge dark chocolate bar in the break room that everyone breaks a piece off of after lunch...everyone but me that is.

Tomorrow I'm getting in the car early to travel 5 hours to my parents house. Likely won't post tomorrow, but these are my goals...

1 - eat healthy snacks while traveling
2 - stick to the plan while at my parents place (filled with all sorts of tempting treats)
3 - Do not weigh
4 - Try to get a longer walk in (maybe it will be warmer in Iowa?!)

Thanks ladies!

Holly

Lifeguard
01-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Tomorrow's plan for me:

-have my health plan physical (blah!)
-complete one productive thing off of my huge renovation to do list
-lots of water
-a walk with the dog

LostBombera
01-12-2007, 01:41 AM
Good evening chick-a-dees

Looks like everyone is doing well with their weekly goals and for those who didn't quite make it with all their goals, hang in there tomorrow is a fresh new day!!!!

Well I made it through day 11 for:
1. eating healthy
2. H2O
3. crunches
and finished day 5 for 30 min on that eliptical machine.

So I am pretty happy with myself right now, but tomorrow is another day so we will see. Same goals, same time, same channel.

Still afraid to get on the scale, I'm doing pretty well and soooooo afraid to be disappointed, maybe next week.

Holly; you're shakopee???? I'm in bloomington right now but getting ready to move to Hudson, WI What time were you outside, I didn't get outside until afternoon, but I didn't think it was toooo bad. Although it is much colder than it has been.

Every have a great Friday, every step we take is one more step to our goal.

S. Diane

GirlyGirlSebas
01-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Good morning, Everyone and Happy Friday!

S.Diane - Hope the interviews go well. Lifeguard - any word yet? Hoping for the best for you.
Holly - Tootsie Roll Schmootzie Roll! Who needs them, right? Awesome job.
NESunshine - Hoping the knees stop giving you problems. Hopefully, it will warm up some soon.

Its a brand new day, so here goes today's commitments:
1) Stay on-plan - weigh & measure, eat througout the day and not just the afternoon and evening,
2) Water! Gotta flush out all of this fat I'm burning :p
3) Exercise - minimum of 40 minutes on walk or WATP dvd 3 miles.

Did pretty good on yesterday's commitments. Stayed on plan. Hubby made my plate at dinner...I looked at it and said "We better measure the meat...it looks like a lot." Yep, it was! Hopefully, measuring and weighing everything will help me with the scales on Monday. Sure would be nice to see a really good loss. Exercised for 50 minutes....reached 40 and decided to keep going. Yay! My stamina is building. Still having problems with the dang water! Drinking some, just not enough.

Today's commitments -
1) Going after the water goal again....at least 8 glasses.
2) Keep weighing and measuring to stay on plan.
3) Exercise - minimum of 50minutes! or WATP dvd with the weights.

Mrs Quadcrew
01-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Good morning all! TGIF!! (and I weigh in on Friday!) I find it helps me get through the weekend easier. (if I have a loss, I don't want to mess it up, and if there would be a gain, I know I need to really pay attention!!)

This goal thing everyday works out well for me too. Gives me a focus on what to do for the day - and I need all the focus I can muster!

1. finish laundry (up and down those steps!!)
2. Clean out bedroom closet
3. Look for meal menus for the nights I work (I came home STARVING last night - but still did great - had a bowl of my soup with 1/2 cup brown ride thrown in and a pb on ww sandwich!)

I hope you all have a great weekend.

NESunshine
01-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Made it to the gym again last night...the knees are doing surprisingly well...it has to be this up and down cold weather.
Feeling pretty good....so I'm gonna have the same goals today...stay on plan, go to the gym etc.
That will make 5 times this week! This weekend too I'm gonna go for a new machine...I've always wanted to try the big funky stairmaster...the huge machine that actually has a rotating staircase.... so I'm just gonna stop avoiding it and try it during a slow time at the gym this weekend! I really also have to start doing abs...not just saying I need to do them!

LondonJulz
01-12-2007, 11:45 AM
My daily commitments this week:

1) WATER all day long!
2) Keep with the foods I've been eating (in the portions I've been eating)
3) Do the Pilates every day!!!!
4) Keep with the treadmill - increasing my speed and time as I can!!!

ok, as for
1) the past couple of days I've done better
2) last night I slipped at a "game night" and had cookies!!
3) DONE, and yesterday I actually did the FULL Pilates DVD, it's only 20 minutes but all it works on is your abs - I'm sure I wasn't doing some of the moves totally correct - but I still felt it in my tummy
4) DONE! I put some new techno remix versions of songs I love on the IPOD, and being determined to always walk with the beat (they typically keep me walking anywhere between 3.0 and 3.3) - one song, however had me at a speed of 3.8 - but I was DETERMINED to complete the song at that speed and I DID IT!!!!! :woops: My legs were burning, let me tell ya!

so, I will stick with these daily goals until the 14th, when it's time to set new goals (excercise-wise)

CLCSC145
01-12-2007, 03:29 PM
I exercised yesterday! Whew! I tested out my sore foot for a walk and took a short route - 22 minutes. It's not much at all, but the thought of reinjuring it and having to wait several more weeks for another walk didn't sound appealing. Then I came home and got on the elliptical for 15 minutes. I was just going to do 8 minutes to round out my exercise to 30 minutes total, but I wasn't tired and decided to keep going.

For today, I'm keeping my simple goals of healthy food and exercise and adding one for organization. My clothes are getting loose and I need to find some things in my closet that are a little smaller to I don't look like a baggy mess :D. I have a full spectrum from 24 to 12, so there's bound to be something good in there I can wear!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Good morning! I'm getting a late start today. Couldn't separate the head from the pillow! :D Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Mrs. Quadcrew - I'm glad that Friday weigh-ins work well for you. I weight on Monday so that I know I have to stay on-plan for the weekend. Weekends are the hardest times for me as I sometimes get the mentality that I deserve a break after the tough week. Monday's make me more accountable on the weekend.
NESunshine - the stairmaster....wow! I've always wanted to try that. Let us know how it goes.
LondonJulz - Good job on incorporating the exercise..it makes a big difference. I feel so much better after exercising daily for the last two weeks.
CC - Baggy clothes...Yay! That is the best kind of confirmation that what your'e doing is working. Love it!

Today's commitments -
1) Going after the water goal again....at least 8 glasses.
2) Keep weighing and measuring to stay on plan.
3) Exercise - minimum of 50minutes! or WATP dvd with the weights.

Did great on yesterday's commitments. Got in most of the water, stayed on-plan and did a speed walk for 60 minutes! :woohoo: Guess that is now my new workout plan.

Today's commitments -
1) Still going for the water commitment.. eventually, I'll get the 8 glasses in.
2) Eat all meals and snacks - my schedule gets thrown off on the weekends. Sleeping in didnt help, I'm sure.
3) Exercise - minimum of 60 minutes. :carrot:

PNG 2
01-13-2007, 04:55 PM
*delurks*

Hi all, I'm here yet again with another of my hit and run updates.... I'm still not back on track like I want to be... don't know if what I want is too much, or if I'm not trying hard enough :| I did cheat, grabbed the scales, and had a peek, weight is headed in the right direction, however slowly, lol. hubby and I did some shopping, he's in his fitness challenge thing at work, so we're in it together now, I finally gave in and bought some of the low cal snacks I've been wanting to try... I found what may be my best friend...lol, the light and fit crave control... it's super thick, almost like greek yogurt, which is my most favorite evil food...LOL, and we made an exercise/game of shopping, sprinting to get what we needed... probably looked like fools, but it was fun.

I've been avoiding the computer a lot lately, so, I may not get in and keep up too often... but I'm still out here trying :)

CLCSC145
01-13-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm glad to see you PNG! Hang in there. Small moves in the right direction are absolutely better than moves upwards and certainly better than not moving at all. Small steps, girl. Maybe if you break it all into really small goals, like 5 or 10 pounds at a time or exercising for 5 or 10 minutes a day, or whatever works for you. Good luck!

I've been feeling like crap today. A friend was not very nice to me and when they apologized today, it came wrapped in a "here are other things you're doing wrong" sandwich. I can see that this argument is not onesided and that we both have things to improve, but I hate this feeling. I hate arguing. And what bothers me most is that this person doesn't dwell on it and I can't stop crying and beating myself up. It's been super dry here and I had a nosebleed the other day, so of course when I started crying my nose started bleeding really hard. Ugh. It's finally stopped, but I still feel really weepy and am trying my darnedest not to have another good cry for fear of bleeding to death. :) The incredibly childish part way deep inside of me is shouting, go ahead! Cry/bleed! That'll show 'em! :D Ha ha, just kidding, of course, but I'm having a serious pity party over here!

Anyhow, I haven't felt much like eating or exercising, but I haven't been binging either which is my normal response to emotional situations, so I guess that's a silver lining.

Hope everyone else is doing well! Hang in there!!

Mrs Quadcrew
01-13-2007, 07:42 PM
CC - Hugs to you. You don't need "friends" like that ~ steer clear of those toxic folks and graviatate towards those who are positive influences in your life. You are doing so good, don't let them get you down.:hug:

LostBombera
01-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Evening everyone,

Well day 13 done for crunches, H2O, eating healthy and day 7 done for 30 minutes of exercise, actually I did 40 minutes today, yea.

CC, hang in there!!! I hate fighting to, tears me up inside. GREAT JOB not giving into that emotional eating!!! You should be proud of YOU!!

Rhonda = thanks, 1st interview was a nightmare, second was the complete opposite, but that's the job I want so, I have my third interview next Thursday . . . so we will wait and see.

Everyone good luck on weigh-ins!! Keep up all the hard work. I think I'm going to weigh myself Mon, my first time, UGH! I just hope I am not toooo disheartened and give up.

Night chickadees, It's not even 6 but I'm a bit tired today, was it because I was up at 5:30 AM, I don't know why, I just was.

S. Diane

NESunshine
01-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Morning ladies...sorry I've been MIA...yesterday was just super busy. I stuck within my calories for the past 2 days...well yesterday was a little bit over but I've learned that that isn't the end of the world and to just work out a little more and just move on. Its the strangest thing...all I want is corn flakes...I can't seem to get enough these past couple of days. In the end it could be worse...it could be chocolate cake instead of cornflakes and skim milk but its still weird. TOM is coming up so maybe thats it. Anyway the healthy breakfast cooks as I type. I tried that big stair mill stair master yesterday. I'm pretty good with having stamina when it comes to working out but this thing KILLED ME! I now understand how the escalator challenge on the biggest loser was so hard...cause that is what this machine looks like. I could only stay on for 15 minutes and that was a struggle...I was dripping sweat everywhere (must've looked real attractive) and did 40 flights. Holy cow...no aches or anything today but my butt feels like it got some good toning.

Simple for toaday
1. back to the gym...and bring a towel for the stair machine
2. step away from the cornflakes
3. finish up all my around the house things I didn't finish yesterday

GirlyGirlSebas
01-14-2007, 11:11 AM
Good morning, Everyone! Hope the weekend is going well.

PNG - Glad to hear from you. We're here for you when you need us.
CC - I'm sorry that you're having problems with your friend. Times like these make it hard to stay with your plan. :hug: Here's a hug for you.
S. Diane - Hope you get the job you want. I weigh in tomorrow too. It is nerves wracking!
NESunshine - 15 minutes on the stairmaster! That's awesome! Keep it up. You'll have the best backside around! :D

Its been a little stressful around here. My mother-in-law is living with us temporarily and she is bi-polar. The new medicine she was prescribed is not working well. She is extremely negative and some-what paranoid. My nerves are shot! Hopefully, when can get her back into the doctor's this week and get her medicine tweaked. (Please God!)

Today's commitments -
1) Still going for the water commitment.. eventually, I'll get the 8 glasses in.
2) Eat all meals and snacks - my schedule gets thrown off on the weekends. Sleeping in didnt help, I'm sure.
3) Exercise - minimum of 60 minutes. :carrot:

Yesterday's commitments went so-so. Didnt' get all of my water in....big surprise, huh? I'll keep trying. Didnt eat all of my scheduled meals and snacks. Need to watch this so this doesnt stall my metabolism.
Did go for my walk....not sure how long it was though.

Today's commitments - exactly same as yesterday.
3) Exercise - minimum of 60 minutes.

Nancydream
01-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Good morning!

I'm just starting out here on the website, and here in the 100 lb club. My name is Nancy and I could really use some support in being accountable with my eating and exercise. It's DAY 1 for everything for me. Do you all remember your first day of commitment? It's a tad scary for me because I've been letting myself down for the last 9 months. Time to snap out of it!

Here is my commitment for DAY 1:

1) Stay within 1800-2000 calories

2) Cut down on the fat calories (relinquish the butter, mayo, etc! :devil: )

2) Walk Away the Pounds - 18 min workout (sadly, I used to be up to the 45 min tape) OH WELL, gotta start somewhere!

3) Drink 64+ oz of water

Thanks for being here, and I look forward to getting to know you all! :wave:

CLCSC145
01-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Sunshine, way to go on that stair machine!!!! That's awesome!
Thanks, Mrs. Quadcrew and Rhonda, I appreciate your support and am feeling much better today. We had it out and they apologized without strings yesterday afternoon.
Rhonda, that must be so hard with your MIL. But what a nice thing you are doing caring for her. I hope her meds get straighten out soon certainly for her sake and yours too!
Welcome, Nancy! I think your goals look great and very reasonable! I'm glad you've joined us. This is a fantastic group of very motivating people. I'm sure you'll be very happy here!

For me, exercise went by the wayside, but the food was completely on track. So on again to today.

-I'm meeting friends for lunch, so my goal is to order healthy
-Fit in a small amouut of exercise, for the love of Pete!

Best of luck everybody!

LostBombera
01-15-2007, 02:23 AM
evening everyone :dance: I love that little guy

Sunshine . . . you are my hero . . . I wish I had the gumption to try, not yet . . . but one day . . . maybe

Nancy; :welcome: Just hang in there, as long as you don't give up, you won't disappoint yourself.

CC; Great job on the exercise

I'm going to weigh myself in the AM, YIKES . . .

but for now, off to bed, I'm exhausted . . .

Day 14 for water, eat healthy, crunches :cp: and
Day 8 for 30 min exercise :cb:

hopefully I can make my butterfly fly tomorrow

Everyone have a great Monday

NESunshine
01-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Morning everyone...well the weekend was ok...exercise was right on target but the eating could have been better. I carb loaded all weekend....very strange...couldn't get enough corn flakes and toast. Who knows...probably cause its almost TOM time. I'm wondering since I 'skipped' TOM last month (I take BC pills and took them straight through to 'skip') so I wouldn't have to deal with it while I was away for the holidays, if that has anything to do with the extra cravings.

I don't work today cause of the holiday so I'm going to try to give myself as much structure as I can to avoid any and all extra carbs.... Including spending the better part of my afternoon at the gym. Its raining again today but I'll take it over ice and sleet which is what it was supposed to be! Just trying to stay on track....I checked the scale today and my carb loading weekend hasn't had any effect...probably cause I've been working out so much, but I gotta stay on track so that those numbers will be going down.

For today:
1. 1600 calories, step away from the corn flakes, no extras
2. gym. stair mill, elliptical, weights repeat.
3. water...its been lacking over the weekend

girlygirl...I tell you those 15 minutes on the stairmill and I'm sweating like on no other machine...its so intense...I managed to get through 20 minutes. I joined a 'virtual climbing' challenge in the exercise thread to keep me going.

Lostbombera...trust me it took me a long time to get on the silly thing. I've been a member of this gym for almost 4 years and I only just got the guts to try it this weekend.!