Old 01-08-2007, 01:02 AM   #1  
LAWL Salt Police

Default Orange Roughy Italiano

Hey gang...

I made this last night and I have to say it turned out really well!!

The basis for this recipe comes from the LAWL cookbook. It originally called for Talapia, but Liz and I don't care for it all that much, so we used Orange Roughy..

So...
What you need:

Orange Roughy
Fresh Garlic
Italian spices (mostly oregano)
garlic powder
cooking spray
diced tomatos (canned or fresh) - again to taste, but I used a large can.

Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray

Saute fresh garlic (teaspoon or more to your liking)

Take fliets of orange roughy (however many you need for the family...) and place in the skillet (at medium heat)..
Sprinkle with italian spices. Flip the fliets and sprinkle with more spice.

Cook until opaque (sp?) and almost flakey. Remove from skillet and set aside.

Put tomatos in skillet.. Add garlic powder and/or italian spices to tomatos and cook until reduced by about half.. I dumped some of the tomato juice and replaced with with water before adding to the skillet, as I don't care for tomato juice...

After they've cooked down a bit, put the filets back in for about a minute or so, until warmed back through... You can spoon a bit of the tomato on the fliet while in the skillet, or just do that at plating..

It basically works out to 1 protein and 1 veg, depending on how much of the tomato you eat..

I am NOT a fish lover by any stretch of the imagination, but I really liked this..

Cheers!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote