100 lb. Club - hello everyone

View Full Version : hello everyone

burkee
01-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Hi just joined hope this will be the new beginning I need I am a mother of two children I need to loose about 100+lbs im 275 goal is 175but I want to take just small steps and get to the next number.I hope to get support and give suppport cant wait to here from you:carrot: :)

MaWhit
01-07-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm a mother of three (ages 6, 4, 3) with 100+ to lose. Welcome!

desperate2lose
01-07-2007, 11:54 PM
hey.. im not a mother.. but i sitll have 100+ to lose... any beginner advice?

wchs2007
01-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Hey.. I was a little larger than you last year at this time...
I started last Feb. and now I have a 90 to 95 lb loss..
It has been a great year.. I backed off from dieting for a couple of months.. I did not gain.. nor did I lose.. I was happy knowing I can maintain my weight during the holidays...
I am now trying to take off the rest of my weight.
Iam also a mother of 3... two of the 3 are teenagers. #3 thinks he is a teenager..
I feel so better now.. Its just amazing to me how much better I can get around.
The support is great here.. must admit I have never been an active on this board.. I was around a lot but never posted much... I am working on that..
Looking forward to hearing more from you!
Tracey

burkee
01-08-2007, 12:00 AM
Hey there Im from canada too Im going to start in the morning with a healthy breakfastand if I can get through my bewitching hour (while im cooking supper)it will be a great start,But I dont know if I should try ww or low carb?

burkee
01-08-2007, 12:05 AM
Tracey are you following a certain diet?

desperate2lose
01-08-2007, 12:15 AM
im in a dilemma.. i dont know if i should try to follow a structured diet.. or just try to cut back on calories.. what do you think?

Trazey34
01-08-2007, 12:34 AM
for myself, anytime I've gone on a "diet" per se, as in following what a book tells me to eat to the letter, I've made it for about 4 days LOL. The closest I ever came to any success was on Atkins -- i lost about 35 lbs., and unfortunately I could not maintain it as a lifestyle, so I gained 50 back :(

This time I'm trying something new -- NO DIET! Everyone knows what it takes to lose weight - it's SIMPLE -- i didn't say EASY, but it is simple! A simple mathmatical equation that if LESS goes in than you use, you will lose weight...by the same token, when MORE goes in, you get huges chins and a uni-boob hahahah.... So I'm doing the calorie thing! I'm pretending calories are like shopping money!!! Do I really want to JUST buy some fabulous boots...or do I want to spread my cash around and get a few tops and a cute pair of shoes? heheheh Same with food...do I blow all the calories on that Big Mac or do I spread it around and have a big salad, and chicken, and tons of veg, and some popcorn..blah blah blah you get my point ;)

Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress!!! Finding this board has been a stroke of luck for me! it keeps my fingers busy when I want to snack ;)

t.

wchs2007
01-08-2007, 07:52 AM
Burkee
No certain diet ..
I counted calories.. I myself stayed around 1000 ... Sometimes went over..
I ate a lot of fresh veggies.. A lot of canned veggies.. Tuna.. Chicken..
That worked for me. I do not advise anyone to try 1000 calories a day..
I just played with the calorie amount and found that was something I could do and it worked for me. I talked with my Dr. and he was not super happy about it.. But after I told him what I was eating and the vitamins I was taking he was more accepting.. I am not a water drinker.. I drank Diet Mt. Dew...
I am working on the water... I also exercised 4 to 5 days a week.. But I did not go crazy with it.. No 2 hours at the gym for me..