Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-07-2007, 11:07 PM   #1  

Default Motivation and Tips

I can't seem to find any motivation to work out. I know that I need to, because I know that a healthy diet and a steady exercise plan are important. But I can't find any motivation. What are some of everyone else's motivations?

Also, if I am going to begin exercising, what are some tips? Do I start out slow with just a brisk walk every day or should I start hard and walk about 2 or 3 times a day? Should I do some sort of cardio work out like The Biggest Loser dvd? And how do I know if I am working out too much? Can you even work out too much? What about lifting weights? I don't want to build muscle necessarily, I would rather just slim down my arms. As you can see I have alot of questions.

If you get through this novel of a post, any replies would be greatly appreciated.
MusicJunkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:15 AM   #2  

We all started some time. Ask all the questions you want/need.

IMO it's more important THAT you exercise than how for now. If you like following the Biggest Loser DVD, that's good, and so is walking. Either one would count for cardio, I think. (Walking would for sure; I haven't seen the TBL DVD.) Once a day is fine; you didn't get out of shape overnight and you're not going to get into shape overnight.

The folks in the Ladies (and Gents) Who Lift folder will be able to answer your questions about lifting weights.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote