Vegetarian, Vegan & Raw/Living food recipes - Awesome! I just found this board! :)

muzikjunky
01-06-2007, 08:58 PM
I guess I overlooked it before, but wow...this is great! I am glad there's a board on this site like this!

I cooked the most amazing dinner tonight, and I wanted to share it with you all in case you want to try it, or maybe you already have and it's just new to me. But, anyway.

I sautéed a red pepper, and onion in a small amount of extra virgin olive oil. Boiled some squash. Cooked a bag of veggie steak strips from morningstar farms brand in a bit of extra virgin olive oil. After those were done I added it into the red pepper and onion. Seasoned it with ground red pepper & garlic, and let it cook a few more minutes..and cooked some brown rice. It was SO delicious!!

I have been doing the vegetarian eating lifestyle on and off, and I am starting it back up again. When I did it before for a couple of months I got down to 187 lbs, and I felt REAL good about myself.

If anyone has any good recipes to fix with morningstar farms, or tofu...post it here so I can try it! :)

Suzanne 3FC
01-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Your dinner sounds so delicious! Great idea, thanks for sharing!

muzikjunky
01-06-2007, 11:02 PM
It WAS! heh. You're very welcome. :)

Jennifer 3FC
03-04-2007, 06:21 PM
This isn't really a recipe, but speaking of Morningstar farms, their sausage patties are GOOD. We had them not too long ago with some scrambled eggs and some shredded potatoes/red peppers. Yum, yum, yum, yum, YUM. Potatoes were lightly sauteed in oil - would have been a lot better with a cup of oil :lol: but they were nice and light. Gosh that was good.

I haven't tried the steak strips. I don't know why - but I didn't think they would be good. I'm not too crazy about the chicken style products so I guess I thought steak would be the same. But I think I'll try it now, thanks!

Meg
03-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Jennifer, I love the Morningstar Farm sausage patties too! (I have three boxes in my freezer right now) They're the best tasting veggie product I've tried, though I also like the chicken parmesan ranch patties. If I have the sausage patties and egg whites for breakfast, I'm full for hours and hours. :D

Jennifer 3FC
03-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Have you tried the corn dogs? Ohhhhhhhhh delish!!!! And low in fat. And no surprise veins. :barf:

Meg
03-04-2007, 07:09 PM
I like the corn dogs too much - so I don't buy them any more. :o

Luminous
03-04-2007, 10:03 PM
What is it about meatless sausage patties that ROCK MY WORLD? I love the Morningstar Farms ones too! And I never, EVER liked real sausage very much.

I think I am just able to relax and enjoy it without having to wonder what bizarre body parts are chopped up in it! :lol:

What do you think of their "chik'n" strips? I tried them recently and wasn't thrilled—they just had a too rubbery texture. The steak strips aren't rubbery, are they?

And muzikjunky, I like to use Morningstar fake Italian sausage crumbles in lasagna. It really helps boost the protein and tastes great. I'd probably like the Italian sausage or "beef" crumbles in just about any Italian style dish.

I'm still working on tofu. I EAT it, but I haven't found a way I really love yet. Though if you freeze it, it takes on a nice chewy texture. I'm thinking baked tofu will be the way to go, but the only time I've tried that my marinade was soy sauce-heavy and it turned out WAY salty.

Twinkle2
03-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Hi,

The Morningstar 'beef' and 'chicken' strips are great in fajitas. I use the 'ground' in chili, tacos, burritos, etc. The chik patties are good with a little tomato sauce and mozzarella on top.

I was vegetarian for around 7 years and went back to eating meat. )-:
I gained a LOT of weight back and feel awful. I'm going back to being veg again.

I'm glad this board is here.

Twinkle