Weight Loss Support - measurments?
01-05-2007, 07:48 PM
I want to keep track of my measurments but im a little confused.
I have heard that when you measure you waist you measure where your belly button is. Ive also heard that you measure your actual waist. Problem is im high waisted, and i have love handles *cringe*.
~around my waist is 32.5
~Around my belly button is 35.5
Which measurment should i go off of?? :?:
01-05-2007, 07:52 PM
I measure everywhere in 3 places, fatest below and above so I measure at bellow button, below and above, my bum just below my bum and just above (about my hip area), I do the same with legs (tigh and calves) and arms....
I don't measure often though, haha
I dunno if that helped....
01-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Measure both places. It's fun to watch measurements go down (I would have measured a lot more places initially if I had known how much I would enjoy seeing the changed recording).
01-05-2007, 09:22 PM
I found this in an article somewhere along the way and I have been doing these measurements since the end of July. It is fun watching them go down!
1. Bust: Don't squish yourself -- measure all the way around your bust and back right at your nipple line, and make sure the tape measure is not lower.
2. Chest: Measure under your breasts but as high up as you can go, keeping the tape measure parallel to this line when you reach it around your back.
3. Waist: Measure wherever it is the smallest (if you have "no waist" go around yourself right at the navel line).
4. Hips: Measure at the very biggest part -- even if that is so low that you are almost on the top of your thighs.
5. Midway: Measure midway between the very biggest part of your hips and your waist.
6. Thighs: Measure wherever they are the biggest.
7. Knees: Measure right above the knee.
8. Calves: Measure wherever they are the biggest.
9. Upper arm: Measure wherever they are biggest above your elbows.
10. Forearms: Measure wherever they are biggest below your elbows.
To answer your "waist question." I started with just measuring the smallest, but in the last month or so I have added a new category, exactly at my belly button. I have just made that my number "3.5"
I hope that makes sense, and good luck with watching your measurements go down!
vBulletin® v3.6.7, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO