Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 11:23 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #227

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

It's finally Friday. This week went slow. Only because work was slow and all that does is make the week drag.

Did my walk last night. Since I'm doing a FAT BURN walk, my incline goes up and down, well during the flat times I would up my speed even more. Get those calories burning!! Has anyone ever used a strap that you put around your abdomen while you walk? I can't think of the name of it......well I bought one so I could sweat more (and boy do you sweat, not sure if it really does anything but what can it hurt?)..... I am determined to make a difference this year. No more "I'm going to TRY and do more exercise, or I'm going to TRY and eat healthier" I need to stop TRYING and start DOING! :LOL: So far so good.

Not sure what my full outlook goal is, I just want to keep this up and make a difference by this time next year.

Ok ladies, hope you all have a great Friday. I'm going to eat some breakfast and leave early for my weekly coffee splurge! (Starbuck here I come!)

Chat w/you all later!
Old 01-05-2007, 02:17 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Sue - I know just what you mean - I buy the right kinds of groceries and usually cook like I should, too, but a person can still gain if you overeat the "good" foods. Plus, over the holidays, I wouldn't even want to list what all we had around here! I'm going to have to learn to not let food soothe my emotions. Right now that's probably my biggest hurdle.

Sassy - it's really nice of you to help out a co-worker. Do you and your DH work in the same department? Anyway, as you said, the $$$ will come in handy. How's the diet and exercise going?

Marti - so glad to read about your weight loss and exercise accomplishments. It's great that most of the JLs are in the same frame of mind regarding weight loss. Even if it's because of the new year, so be it, right? Your enthusiasm is contagious!

Hello Mary Kate, Cristi, Julie, Judith, Michelle, and Tiffie. Hope you have some free time to post soon.

Sadie made it through the surgery alright, and may get to come home tomorrow.

Do any of you decorate for Valentine's Day? I've got a few things I set out, and the DGDs want me to put them out now, lol. I'm trying to convince them it would be better to wait a couple more weeks. I think they like Valentine's Day almost as much as Christmas.

I've been using the resistance bands, and my eating is OP. I'm planning to bring out all the clothes I have stored which are too tight for me, and hang them back in the closet for incentive. Thankfully, I have a huge closet.

Have a great day!

Last edited by Jane; 01-05-2007 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:26 PM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all.

Well I finally did get to sleep but man I am tired!

Marti -- WTG on the exercise!

Jane -- DH and I have the same supervisor, but we work in different depts, but the two depts work closly together, if that makes any sense?? I think I said about my exercise and diet yesterday, yesterday it pretty much went out the window since I worked 14 1/2 hours. But today is a new day.

Well that is it for me. Have to leave for work in a bit, have just a 12 hr day today! lol.

Have Fun!
Old 01-05-2007, 04:47 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ya Chickies...

Sorry for yet another fly-by. I was able to post on one thread and then I don't know what happened this thing is going so slow and getting stuck. I promise I will be back tomorrow to do individuals.

I did have a busy day and let me tell ya, my dogs are barking and the day is not over yet. We had the carpet cleaned today and I moved the furniture that needed to be moved, and plants and such to save the guy some time. Not to be mean but I don't want them here any longer than they need to be, lol. He thanked me, kind of threw me off when he said that. Also, went to exercise this morning...got in a good work out. And...packed up most of Josh's room since he won't be needing anything or be home soon. And...got some laundry done. Have one more load which is actually is just Ernie's doggie blanket that he sleeps on. I am definitely ready for a nap. Doesn't help that the weather is dreadful. It's been a rainy, drizzly (don't think that's a word but oh well) day. They mentioned snow but I think it is supposed to be mostly in the west. Poor people...a lot of them got hit hard last weekend and are still without electricity. They were having to drop hay from helicopters for the cattle and horses because they couldn't get thru to feed them. Jut couldn't imagine what those people are going thru-parts of western Kansas and eastern Colorado. Okay, starting to babble

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day/weekend! Hugs
Old 01-05-2007, 05:39 PM   #6  
ugggg.....

Cristina--you sure were a busy girl today!! good for you getting to IF!!

Sassy--been thinking of you!!

Jane--great on being OP & the resistance bands!

Marti--yeah for your exercise....

gotta go....
Old 01-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #7  
~Believe~

Red face Just a little update.....

Hey all, just a little update about the coworker that had emergency surgery? She called tonight and said she is being released from the hospital to go home and that she will be back in Monday morning and she works 3 AM - 11 PM shift! I don't see how she is going to manage that! But we told our boss and she said she was going to have the extra coverage anyways, just in case.

Anyways figured I would fill you in. OH and our boss said we can go home early tonight w/ out losing any time or pay, since we had to stay late early this morning and came in early today! So I think we're going to be leaving @ midnight, which is good, because I desperately need to do laundry!!!!! I have not had the time!!!!! I need to hire me a laundry lady or man, I don't care which as long as they can do laundry well! lol.

Well Ta Ta For Now!

Old 01-05-2007, 10:02 PM   #8  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Happy New Year to Everyone.

Hope everyone had a great holiday.

Kathy
Old 01-06-2007, 01:58 AM   #9  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Howdy ladies....Sounds like everyone is busy and being sooo good. We couldn't walk today due to the wind and wind advisory....but tomorrow is another day. I have to tell you that I measured this morning and I was really excited...I am closer to Dr. Oz's waist measurement that I dreamed. DH was even smaller around the waist than he thought. It is more motivating...for both of us. So he says tomorrow is our day to start walking .(please wind do not kick up) I can't remember what other exercises we are supposed to do...but if we can just walk daily I will be happy for now.
I am looking for the site that I used before for checking off the foods we eat. It was pages of the food pyramid actually....had the number of servings of each thing and we marked off as we ate ...when everything was checked you were done eating for the day. It was helpful in getting used to what we could have and portion control. Darn I can't find those pages to print off.

HAve a nice week-end ladies and continue being good...
Old 01-06-2007, 03:39 AM   #10  
~Believe~

Talking

Hey Kathy -- Happy New Year! I hope you had a great holiday!

Hey Sue -- Wow your doing great! I can do better, I will admit it. But I do have a gift card for the book store and I plan on using it and probably getting Dr. Oz's book. I'm so happy that your DH and you are doing this together. My DH & I need to get a "plan".

Hey everybody else out there in lurkdomville or sleepytownville! lol. Guess what? I am getting paid right now as I am typing this and I'm at home! We got to leave early tonight @ midnight so we came home, took our showers and watched some tv, now we are playing our computers before we go to bed.

Well that is about it.

Have a Great Day!

Old 01-06-2007, 08:57 AM   #11  
ugggg.....

Sue-Is this what you are looking for: http://hospitalityguild.com/Recipes/...ramid%20Basics
Old 01-06-2007, 09:08 AM   #12  
ugggg.....

Sassy-it's amazing how some people can jump right back to work after even a minor surgery and others take much longer with the same thing. There are several drop off laundry mats that charge you by the pound near where I live, is there one near you? You could use them to get caught up and do your unmentionables yourself. I used to go to the laundry mat every once in awhile even though we had a washer and dryer when the kids still lived at home and the pile got overwhelming to just get it all done in a shorter period of time. Glad you seem to be getting some of that energy back.

Sue--I bought the Dr Oz book and it came with a free exercise dvd--haven't watched it yet since I am not done the book. I am going to try a combination of WW and Dr OZ and Gold's Gym. The only thing that is going to keep me from losing is me sabotaging myself!!

Kathy--Happy New Year to you!! Come back when you can tell us more!!

Hi to everyone else!!
Old 01-06-2007, 10:01 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

Sassy,

Thanks for the welcome!! I needed open arms to jump start me..I definitley think this is the right place for me!! I look forward to getting to know you all better..

One day at a time for me:-)
Old 01-06-2007, 12:13 PM   #14  
ugggg.....

Welcome Vann--fill in your info on the Bio thread so we can learn more about you and you can read about us!!
Old 01-06-2007, 12:46 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Sassy - Julie had a good idea about dropping your laundry off. We even have that service where I live. Or, you could hire a Johnny Depp Wannabe to come in and do it for you, lol.

Vann - good to see you here. Again, welcome!

Lia - hope you're about ready to jump in here with us, too.

Kathy - good to see you here, too. It's been a long time! Did you have a merry Christmas?

Cristi - wowee, woman, you've been busy. And you're doing great with the exercise again. It's amazing how much better we feel when we're doing the right thing. Makes me wonder why I ever slack off, lol.

Julie - so what's going on in your life? Btw, I'm my own worst enemy, too, when it comes to dieting.

Sue - Dr. Oz now says your waist should be 1/2 your height. And I'm glad he clarified that, because, at 5' 9" tall, no way should I have the same waist size as someone, for example, like Marti, who is barely 5 feet tall. I hope the link Julie gave you is what you were looking for.

Mary Kate, where are you??

Well, I'm not sure what I'm going to do today. The day is 1/2 over, and all I've got done is one load of laundry (no Johnny Depp wannabe, boohoo), the baths cleaned, and I got some phone calls made. Katie is going to sweep and mop the kitchen and dining room for me, since she needs extra money. YAY for that, lol.

I'm OP and feeling great! I just wish I could walk the treadmill again.

Have a good weekend, ladies.
Closed Thread