General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 02:02 PM   #1  
plucky clucky

S/C/G: 228/228/130 or less

Height: 5" 5'

Default New years resolutions?

I made a resolution to stop drinking soda pop by the 1st of February. Now I am scared lol. I want to stop because I know I use the caffeine as a huge crutch and because I wake up, drink some pop, finish waking up, get tired, eat something bad for me and wake back up, get tired again and drink some more pop, I drink an embarrassingly large amount of pop a day I can't even bring myself to put how much I drink right now. I eat something sweet then I have to have something salty to cut the sweet, then I feel like I need to eat something sweet to cut the salt and on and on all day. I Anyone else got a resolution that they want to accomplish but are scared of doing?
Old 01-04-2007, 02:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 219

Height: 5'6

hey ! i had the same problem so i shopped around until i found a diet drink that i liked, i tried them all and landed on diet dr.pepper, no calories and no fat, and you can get it caffinated or decaffinated either way! i love it and i can have all i want!
Old 01-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

The only one we can stand is Sprite Zero.
But I also am terribly addicted to caffeine. Pepsi, Coffee, Tea.. however I can get it! I can honestly say I am not sure I want to get rid of the caff all together but I will say that I need to limit it to tea, because it will keep the calories at bay.

My main goal is going to be to food journal. I do much better when I'm doing it and hold myself accountable. So that is going to be my main new years resolution.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:42 PM   #4  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

My resolution is to cut out salt/sodium and sodas. I find that drinking sodas causes me to crave to many things.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:08 PM   #5  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I am really trying hard to cut off soda as well. Whatever amount of soda you drink probably doesn't top mine. I drink soda all day like it was water. It's pretty bad.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'7

Hi im new to this site and have somewhat of the same problem, being horribly addicted to coke and anything salty. I have been trying diet sodas and kind of like diet dr.pepper but cant stand the syrupy consistency of them,so i drink sodium free club soda and actually like it ,i still have half a coke from time to time but the club soda really seems to help with my cravings.. Good Luck !!!

Meka
Old 01-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #7  
ugggg.....

I quit drinking soda last year and switched to water and lost 10 additional pounds...I maintianed with the water, but then slowly started with diet soda and moved back to calorie laden Coke and gained back the 10 lbs--starting over again myself.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:10 PM   #8  
Bikini Season :)

1.) move out of the motel im living in and into an apartment.
2.) get a job that i actually enjoy, not one that just pays the bills.
3.) meet my goal weight.
4.) learn how to cook very well and healthily.
5.) debt free!!!!
6.) learn how to surf.
7.) start irish step dancing again.
8.) maybe even have a relationship?? hmmm....
Old 01-06-2007, 09:20 PM   #9  
nerd on a mission

Height: 5'6

I'm going to learn to love myself for me, not hate myself for the way I think I look.
I'm going to quit smoking, dangit!
and I'm going to move out and get a house with the love of my life.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/215.4/200

Height: 6'0

My resolution is to take more care of me. I have spent the last 13 yrs being a wife and mom and now that my youngest is in school full time I am learning that I need to take more time for me. I will do this by eating healthy and losing the weight gain I have had the past year and building more muscle tone for my legs and back and upper body so I feel better physically. I also want to take a class of some kind...maybe an art class.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:58 AM   #11  
plucky clucky

S/C/G: 228/228/130 or less

Height: 5" 5'

Teahoney, I drink pop like that too, at least 4 liters of soda a day. Water? what is that? Oh yeah it is that nasty smelling icky tasting clear stuff. LOL
Closed Thread