General chatter - Game: Make a Wish

View Full Version : Game: Make a Wish

KatieBug22
01-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Here is a game that I have seen on other boards and it is really fun to play.

Rules:

The first poster posts a wish, such as "I wish I won $1,000,000 in the lottery." The next poster grants the wish, but then says something that happens to make the wish a terrible one.

For instance, in reply to the $1,000,000 wish, they would say, "Granted. You win the lottery, but the only payout option is $1.00 per month for 1,000,000 months."

After you grant the previous wish, you make a new wish at the end of the post, and the next poster does the same thing over again :)

I will start....

I wish that I had a new car.

4myloves
01-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Poof!!

You now have a new car!!!

Unfortunately, the company you work for is out-sourcing and you'll be laid off effective Friday. So much for that $500 payment!

I wish.....

I wish I could eat all the chocolate I wanted without gaining weight.

alinnell
01-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Cheryl,
Your wish is granted. You may eat all the chocolate you want without gaining weight. But you've suddenly been afflicted with the worst case of acne of anyone you've ever known.

I wish...

I wish all of my debts were erased.

phantastica
01-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Alinnell, I thought you may have killed the thread, but I came up with something:

Poof! No debt! As a result, you have nothing on which to base a FICO score, therefore you have no credit rating and need to build one before you can get a loan to buy that cool new convertable, or home, or lake home, or what-have-you.

I wish ... that I wasn't 5'11", but was a sleek, small-boned 5'8".

ennay
01-03-2007, 05:59 PM
poof, you are a sleek small boned 5-8, but that is because your tiny bones have osteoporosis and you shrank 3 inches because you have a hump.

I wish my house was clean and organized

alinnell
01-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Poof! Your house is now clean and clutter free.

Unfortunately, you need to go to the grocery store and you can't get your car out of your messy garage!!!!

I wish I had a 6-pack (of abs).

KatieBug22
01-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Boy, I am glad you guys like the game :)

Granted! You have a 6-pack of abs, but the belly jelly that used to be there is now residing in your behind. ;) lol

I wish I could be more outgoing.

ennay
01-03-2007, 07:06 PM
poof..you are now VERY outgoing...which makes you tomorrow's guest on Jerry Springer.

I wish I could run an 8 minute mile

thintowin
01-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Poof! You can now run an 8 minute mile. But you ran so fast that you realized you forgot to wear pants and are running down the street in your underwear!

I wish I could meet a great guy.

ennay
01-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Poof - you meet a great guy, 15 minutes before he is about to board a plane on a 5 year mission to antarctica

I wish ...I could get a full nights sleep

purplepansy912
01-03-2007, 08:34 PM
poof! You are granted a great nights sleep and to your amazment you sleep past your alarm, you are late for work and have been docked two hours pay!

I wish my bathroom would clean it's self... ( I hate cleaning the bathroom)

ennay
01-03-2007, 08:47 PM
lol I am a SAHM..could I please sleep past my alarm? Where is the downside?

poof your bathroom cleans itself...well...really it gets cleaned by bathroom trolls who watch you while you pee.

I wish was completely caught up with everything on my to do list.

thintowin
01-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Poof* you are completely caught up on your to do list. So you rip the page out of your notebook to throw it away and find a whole other page of to-dos!

I wish it was summer already!

lizziness
01-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Poof! It's already summer... but you stayed out in the sun too long and forgot your sunscreen. Hello Lobesterville. :)

I wish I never had to work again.

ennay
01-03-2007, 10:07 PM
you never have to work again because you are on permanant disability. painful disability

my husband wishes for practical cold fusion energy technology to exist (I couldnt think of a wish....see why we dont let too many men play?)

MaWhit
01-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Practical cold fusion energy technology finally exists, but within a week several large meteors hit the earth, effectively wiping out the human race.

I wish my job paid more.

KatieBug22
01-03-2007, 10:44 PM
LOL..yeah, those darn men...

Granted! Cold fusion energy technology exists, but it has been used by the evil people to take over the world!! (Yeah, I couldn't think of anything better, lol)

I wish I could go to walk on the moon.

KatieBug22
01-03-2007, 10:44 PM
oops, we posted at the same time! lol

ennay
01-04-2007, 12:24 AM
poof your job pays more...but you are expected to work 90 hour weeks

poof you go walk on the moon but it is sent flying into orbit when that meteor hits the earth

I wish I didnt have to go grocery shopping

happy2bme
01-04-2007, 01:01 AM
mind if I jump in? I was just zipping by and caught this thread. What a creative bunch you are!

poof! You don't have to go grocery shopping because your jaw's been wired shut after major dental surgery and the only thing you can "eat" is milk shakes that give you an ice cream headache every time you have one.

I wish I was young and cute again...

4myloves
01-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Ahhhh, don't we all.....

Well, at least YOUR wish has been granted--You're young and cute again!! Isn't reincarnation great? You're now a 4-week-old basset hound puppy! (can't get any cuter than that!)

I wish my computer would stay on-line all the time and never have server disconnections!

lizziness
01-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Your computer connection is now perfect - however your husband is now addicted to World of Warcraft and you can't get online to do anything anymore!

and directly related to that.. i wish MY husband wasn't addicted to world of warcraft. *LOL*

KatieBug22
01-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Granted. Your husband is no longer addicted to World of Warcraft...he has now found a NEW love--PS3!

I wish I didn't have to get up early in the morning.

alinnell
01-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Poof! You can sleep all you want. Unfortunately, you're slothfulness has caused other problems. The laundry pile is mountainous, there are no clean dishes, the fridge is empty, and your family is screaming at you.

I wish I weren't so hungry right now!

Bravelilchicken
01-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Alinell, OK - good news - you arent hungry anymore bad news - the low calorie bread you ate your healthy sandwich on was moldy.

I wish I wan't so cold right now.

Is this the right way to play this? LOL

midwife
01-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Ok, you're not cold anymore. In fact, you are sweating on a deserted island in the South Pacific. Unfortunately the only food on the island is in the form of that wild boar that is charging at you.

I wish for a month-long vacation from work.

4myloves
01-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Wish granted!!

Unfortunately (for you and THEM) no expectant mothers delivered in the WHOLE MONTH you were off--now they're all having babies at the same time!! And guess who's got to be there for all of them?????

I wish I really Felt like going to the gym everyday.

lizziness
01-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Surprise! You feel like going to the gym every day - sadly those other people (and you know the ones) also are compelled to go every day with you... hello thing hanging out of sweatpants and naked toe nail clipping in the locker room!

I wish that I didn't have to take the bus every day.

happy2bme
01-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Don't like taking the bus? Done.

Now you have to DRIVE the bus. :s: And listen to all the cranky people and unjam the fare box and negotiate all those crazy, impatient drivers who suddenly pull in front of the bus to make right hand turns.

I wish my hair was thick and shiny.

BlueToBlue
01-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Poof, your hair is think and shiny. Unfortunately, it's also orange-red and super curly. It's so thick, it sticks out all over, like a giant afro, and you can't do a thing with it. You look like carrot-top. :eek:

I wish my SO would get a job (man, do I ever wish this...it's been two years of him hanging around the house).

MaWhit
01-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Your SO gets a job, but he's doing medical testing on kittens and has to relocate to Siberia.

I wish my cats would stop having out-of-litterbox accidents.

4myloves
01-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Me, too!!!!

Siena1383
01-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Your cats no longer have out-of-litterbox accidents, because they've learned to use your toilet. (This can be taught, btw.) So now your toilet seat is charmingly decorated in little pawprints...

I wish it would snow here.

ennay
01-04-2007, 08:56 PM
poof you are snowed in. for 8 days with your most annoying relative.

I wish my kids would nap at the same time.

jules1216
01-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Poof...your kids nap at the same time for a whole 2 hours in the afternoon and are up the other 22 hours a day!!

I wish I would get a raise at work....

EZMONEY
01-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Ok Jules ~ I Grant You A Raise At Work ~ You Now Do Your Job Sitting On A 10 Ft. Ladder

I Wish My Dogs Didn't Love My Slippers And Shoes So Much!

midwife
01-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Ok: Poof! Your dogs don't go after your socks and slippers anymore but they have destroyed all of your underwear and have chewed out the seat of all your pants. Your only option is to wear a bathrobe to the store to buy new drawers.

I wish I had a BMW convertible.

lizziness
01-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Poof! The Beemer is yours... but so is the monthly payment and the crippling balloon payment at the end. :)

I wish I wasn't stuck home sick.

EZMONEY
01-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Awww Lizzi ~ Ma Sent Your Favorite Chicken Soup Fed Ex! Now No More "home" Sick....but Back To Work Girl!!

Wish I Had That Bathrobe Midwife Wished Me!!

thintowin
01-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Poof * you have the bathrobe. But it's the only thing you can wear for the next year!

I wish that I wasn't so sore from working out.

happy2bme
01-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Poof - wish granted! Sitting in your new jacuzzi has soothed away those painful muscles. It was so comfy that you dozed for a while and didn't notice that the tub leaked, now your bath and bed rooms are flooded.

I wish I could go back in time to relive some of my most favorite memories.

lizziness
01-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Granted, of course you do realize that you must relive your least favorite memories as well. :)

I wish my folks still lived near me (seriously, the bill to fedex that chicken soup from overseas would be astronomical)

ennay
01-05-2007, 12:35 AM
poof..your folks live near you...very near you. the next room as a matter of fact, oh and they brought back a new "younger brother" who's not quite caught on to the concept of personal hygiene

I wish I could teleport

tweetyandme
01-05-2007, 01:09 AM
Your wish is granted.........you can teleport.............but in doing so you will teleport to the wrong place, and be stuck there forever.

I wish..................that i will marry my fiance' this year and always be happily married to him forever!

thintowin
01-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Poof* you are married and will be happily married forever.... but your new husband will always leave the toilet seat up and his dirty clothes all over the floor!

I wish that it was 5pm already so I can go home!

alinnell
01-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Okay, it's 5 PM and you're off work.
But before you get home, you have to pick up the dry cleaning, run to the grocery store for a bottle of milk and then you get stuck for 2 hours in rush hour traffic and the milk goes sour.

I wish I had brought my lunch today to work.

lizziness
01-05-2007, 08:24 PM
*poof* you brought your lunch, but you put it in the fridge at work and some jerk ate it. So you're still hungry.
(this has been known to happen at my work sadly)

I wish I could replace all my in-laws with people that were tolerable... (ok who doesn't want that?)

melekalikimaka
01-05-2007, 08:53 PM
:wizard: your in-laws are now tolerable, in fact, so much so, that before you can stop yourself, you are inviting them to live with you forever, rent free! :foot:

I wish I could afford to own a nice home in Hawaii. :sunny:

Hpnotq
01-05-2007, 08:57 PM
You just bought your own home in Hawaii.....and you lost your job because you spent too much time enjoying your new home.

I wish my husband and I had our own place.

happy2bme
01-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Wish granted - you both are now the proud owners of a big, beautiful new house. So big and beautiful that all the relatives took you up on your half hearted "come see us some time" and you are now booked with guests every weekend through 2009.

I wish I would always have money in my wallet.

ennay
01-05-2007, 10:20 PM
poof - you always have money in your wallet...because it was stolen by a drug dealer.

I wish I could just veg tonight and not return to my real life.

tiffy07
01-06-2007, 02:02 AM
well guess what? you get to veg tonight and dont have to go back to your life... that is until tomorrow when your house will be in shambles, your husband will be furious at you for making HIM take care of the baby, and you will wish you didnt take the night off!

I wish that our condo would sell

alinnell
01-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Poof, your condo is sold!

But it sold for $25K less than you're asking and now you can't afford the house you had your eyes on. You have to move back home with Mom & Dad until you can get back on your feet.

I wish my daughter wasn't failing English.

jules1216
01-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Poof--you daughter passes English but fails everything else....

I wish my laundry was done, folded and put away by a Johnny Depp look alike!!

EZMONEY
01-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Wish Granted! However Your Johnny Depp Look Alike Looks Just Like Captain Black And Smells Just As Swell!

I Wish My 11th Anniversary Today Is Great!

alinnell
01-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Gary, you're 11th anniversary will be WONDERFUL!!! Congratulations!

But, you choose a great restaurant (which took your reservation 3 months ago) and you arrive only to find that their kitchen flooded and you can't get a reservation anywhere else. So you stop at Trader Joe's and buy a bottle of wine, some cheese, crackers and fruit, and head to the beach for a private picnic. (Okay, so that isn't too terrible~but hey, it's your anniversary. I don't want to totally wreck it!)

I wish all of my paperwork here at home was done.

thintowin
01-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Your paperwork is all finished! But then you spill a glass of diet coke all over it and runi it all!

I wish that I met Vin Diesel and he asked me to marry him!!!! LOL

ennay
01-06-2007, 09:00 PM
poof - you are now engaged to Vin Diesel...who is sleeping with everything that crosses his path

I wish I werent sick

happy2bme
01-07-2007, 02:50 AM
Wish granted - you woke up this morning and you're feeling better than you have in months. The sun is shining and you're lovin' life. Then the doorbell rings. A commercial talent scout heard you hacking in the store the other night and she finally tracked you down. They were willing to offer you $7,500 to be in the next Dayquil cold medicine commercial because you looked and sounded so bad. But now you have to turn them down because... you're as healthy as can be. :(

I wish I had a stronger "core" so I could do the Pilates routine and look just like the instructor at my class.

EZMONEY
01-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Gary, you're 11th anniversary will be WONDERFUL!!! Congratulations!

But, you choose a great restaurant (which took your reservation 3 months ago) and you arrive only to find that their kitchen flooded and you can't get a reservation anywhere else. So you stop at Trader Joe's and buy a bottle of wine, some cheese, crackers and fruit, and head to the beach for a private picnic. (Okay, so that isn't too terrible~but hey, it's your anniversary. I don't want to totally wreck it!)

I wish all of my paperwork here at home was done.

THANKS ALLISON ~ WE HAD A VERY NICE DINNER AT BLACK ANGUS, WE SAT NEAR THE BAR SO I WAS ABLE TO WATCH SOME FOOTBALL TOO ;) THEN WE CAME BACK HOME AND WATCHED A CSI AND A SHARK WE HAD DVR'D

alinnell
01-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Gary~Glad to hear your anniversary was nice!!! Take care.

EZMONEY
01-07-2007, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=happy2bme;1520038]...
I wish I had a stronger "core" so I could do the Pilates routine and look just like the instructor at my class.[/QUOTE

WISH GRANTED HAPPY2BMEYOU LOOK JUST LIKE HER BEFORETHE SEX CHANGE :D

I WISH I STILL LOVED MY JOB IN CONSTRUCTION

alinnell
01-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Gary~your job in construction is suddenly the ONLY thing you look forward to each day. It has consumed to to the point where your family thinks you have gone bonkers and they schedule an intervention for you and have you admitted to a psych facility for a month.

I wish I didn't have to go to my meeting tonight.

EZMONEY
01-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Gary~your job in construction is suddenly the ONLY thing you look forward to each day. It has consumed to to the point where your family thinks you have gone bonkers and they schedule an intervention for you and have you admitted to a psych facility for a month.

ALLISON! THANKS DEAR, I JUST LOVE FAIRYTALES ;)

I wish I didn't have to go to my meeting tonight.

WISH GRANTED ~ HOWEVER NOW YOU LOST YOUR PRIVELEGE TO GO TO ANY MEETINGS, FUN OR OTHERWISE...YOU MUST STAY AT HOME AND TUTOR "ENGLISH" TO HIGH SCHOOL GIRL(S) ;)