Support Groups - Weighty Issues #48: Let's Get Back To Sexy!

melekalikimaka
01-02-2007, 03:03 PM
:welcome3: to the January 2007 Weighty Issues Thread. The hectic (but joyous) holiday season :ghost: :turkey: :clause: is behind us and we have now entered a new year :hat:.

Have those few extra pounds crept back on? Do you want to banish them from your body once and for all? I'm taking a page out of a dear friend's book and taking a stand. She said "Let's Get Back to Sexy!" Let's start this new month and the New Year with a BIG BANG!!! Let's work out butts off (literally!) and get back our healthy, happy and sexy selves :belly: .

Need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women :grouphug: from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast :snowglo: to the West Coast :swim: and the sunny Pacific :beach: :sunny: .

We support :cheer: :cheer2: each other through the highs :high: and lows :stars: of every day life--it's not just about weight loss :goodscale , it's about LIFE :spin: . If you have something to say :blah: or need a shoulder to cry on :cry:, come on in,
grab a chair and stay awhile :cofdate: . You'll be glad you did. :hug:

melekalikimaka
01-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Happy New Year ladies! My gosh, our thread is numbered "48"--do you know what that means? We've been going strong for 4 years! Well, I know some of us have been chatting for a bit longer, but the "weighty issues" name has been around for 4 years....what with a server crash a few years back, we probably have been around longer than that, but! I'm so glad to call you ladies my friends :hug:

So, how y'all been?

Welcome back Angie!!! Glad you enjoyed yourselves, you really deserved that. Everyone get the rest and relaxation you needed? Can't wait to see pics.

Cal, I hope you got lots of love and presents on your NYE birthday, what a great way to celebrate, with lots of fireworks! :devil:

Kempy, how was your trip to CA?

Dips, did you manage to ring in the New Year w/a kiss from the new man?

Cherie, how did you and the girls celebrate?

I may be missing some, but just know that I appreciate you all as friends and the sage advice you offer throughout the year. :D

As for me, I have a bum knee (again), although it is the "other" side. It feels like a totally different problem than the left side, which isn't comforting, but this is my WAKE UP CALL to get back on the weight loss wagon. I just read an advertisement from my health insurance company where they will pay for the first 3 weeks of WW meetings, then give me a reduced rate for weekly meetings for the next 10 meetings. If I stick around for 13 weeks then I get coupons for 3 free meetings. Sounds like a great deal huh? Since I know WW works for me, I am going to sign up again. I need the help and accountability. I am tired of fitting my "fat" clothes and i've got to admit that during my whole vacation trip to Vegas, I was hobbling around with my knee in a compression brace.... talk about a pain! So that's the story on me. I'm sooooooo ready to get back to my "sexy" self, not just physically, but I need to feel it emotionally as well, because the way I am now? I'm just not feeling it. How 'bout you guys? Are you up for it?

melekalikimaka
01-02-2007, 03:33 PM
OK, so just so I'm accountable to you guys, I called WW and arranged for my pre-registration. My insurance company has to OK the paperwork and WW will call me in 2-3 days...I'm probably shooting for a Friday or Saturday meeting :crossed:. Wish i could go sooner, but if waiting a couple of days gives me a big discount, I can wait. :D Have a good one!

cwneeds2lose
01-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Hi Noelle, I signed up for WW again, but I did the online program where you sign up on line and they bill your credit card every month. It ends up being about $9 a week, and you get the use of the e-tools free. It was working great for me until Christmas. It makes me so mad that it takes a month or two or even more to lose what I gained back in a week. Anyway, WW online may be something to check into also.

I hope all of you had a blessed Christmas and a Happy NewYear. I hope to check in with you a little more.

Kempyd
01-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Well, I am home a fully bloated. I bet you guys can see me from where you are. I am going at it though so I know it will come off again. Man, I feel like a broken record. I didn't go to the gym today. I was running errands and I passed it an boy was it packed. I was not in the mood to be there today. Now, I have cleared my list and I ma going to head there in the AM. I am still so amazed at how fast I gain this weight. (please someone say it is water) :D

CA was fun but it was time to come home. I really missed the girls. The cat was so happy to see us that he purred all night long. That was tough to sleep with him doing that.

I need to read the past posts so I can catch up.

Noelle that is awesome your insurance will cover that. I think Joe needs to talk to his HR department to see if they will cover some of the gym. I would think they would do that so they would have lower insurance payments. I had to do that at the club when i was there. I had to do a print out of each person from the company to show that they went at least 3 times a week. If they didn't the compnay would stop paying. I though it was great.

Kempyd
01-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Good mornig ladies. I am trying to ear myself up to go to the gym. I am not looking forward to having that many people around. Don't these people work. :lol: I have gotten to where I use the same machines and if someone is on that one I will not be able to workout. Darn, I might have to come home. :lol: It is a little chilly here today so that is why I am dragging my feet.

What are you guys up to?

melekalikimaka
01-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Good morning ladies, I am loafing around at home thinking up ideas for Michael's b-day party. He will be 8 in about 2 weeks! :eek: We are having a small Pokemon-themed b-day party at a nearby park and will invite some of his school friends. I hope it doesn't get rained out. Historically, it is typically rainy season during mid-January. On his 3rd b-day I invited over 75 people to a party of his and it poured! Luckily, it was a lot of family so there was still a lot of people there.

Hi cw :wave: $9 is a great deal for online...but i think I need the :kickbutt: of the actual weekly weigh-in in front of a live person. I am too much of a slacker if I only do online accountability. I TOTALLY hear ya on gaining back in a week what it takes to lose in a month or two! I am the same way. Isn't it scary??? You will be back on track with this new year--and with all of us gals jumping back on, right girls?

Kempy, good going on going to the gym. I know how you feel about having the same machines to work out on, we are creatures of habit! I remember when I was in therapy for my leg last year, I would grumble under my breath about the other people on "my" exercise bike or "my" weight machine :lol: My niece is back at Ft. Sam Houston for training. The airlines lost her one checked bag so she had some shopping to do, luckily she carried-on her uniform so that wasn't lost.

Angie, hope you can catch up some here, I would love to hear stories about your vacation.

Well, gotta get out and about. Chat more later.

cwneeds2lose
01-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Hi Noelle, the deal is for weekly walk-in meetings, plus a bonus of e-tools. You sign up on line, and they send you a monthly pass for the meeting rooms. I love it. I went in today for motivation. I wasn't going to weigh, because I knew is was going to be really, really bad. Well,I decided to face the music, and it was worse than the really, really bad.

Kemp, I'm having such trouble get into the exercise thing. I keep telling myself, I need to make it a habit again, but I can't seem to get myself started. Anyway, way to go on getting to the gym, even if someone is on your favorite machine.

Hi to everyone else. Have a blessed afternoon/evening.

melekalikimaka
01-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Good morning ladies. I got approval from my insurance company for my WW meetings discounts so now I have to figure out which day I want to go in. I'm thinking of going back to Saturdays since Sundays would usually be my "use the most flex points days". I also have to make an appointment w/the orthopedist doc again. My knee just won't quit. I have a feeling it's a little worse off than the other side was. I'm also starting to worry about how I'll get enough cardio exercise in if my knee doesn't get better fast. Walking was pretty much it for me for cardio. I can't even do that too well right now.

cw, :bravo: good for you for going in a weighing in! That is so hard especially after you know you will have a gain. It IS hard to get started again once you get off track, but good for you for making the effort.

Kempy, you know that half of those people in the gym today will be gone by March right? You can have your pick of machines then :lol: All kidding aside, you are a trooper.

I've got to get some work done, chat more later. :wave:

Kempyd
01-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Hey guys. I have been farting around today.(not literally) We went and watched the Sugar Bowl last night and I had a few too many glasses of wine but what makes it worth it is LSU WON!!!! I have been trying to clean the tile by the back door. The dogs have made it change colors. So, I have been on my hands and knees scrubbing it. I didn't make it to the gym today b/c I knew I would neveer make it feeling this way. I am not terrible but just kind of funky.

CW you are better than me. I would have skipped the weigh in. When I was bad I would not even go to the meetings. At least you know that you are going to be able to get back on track.

Noelle I hope nothing is seriously wrong with your knee. What do they say is the cuase of it? I can tell these are either new poeple at the gym or ones "starting over". I usually go at the same time and see the same people and this was a whole diffrent crowd.It really wasn't that bad once I got in there. It is big enough so that you can still have lots of people but not really be bothered by them.

melekalikimaka
01-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Kempy, what I would give to be down on my knees! :devil: It's been so long since I've been able to kneel. You know what? I'm thinking my knee started to act up right after All Saints Day (11/1), I went to a morning mass at Michael's school and during the litany of saints we had to kneel while they sang/recited the names of over 400 saints... that was quite a while and when I got up, my knee was really achy. So, being the self-diagnosing-from-the-internet-info person that I am, I "think" I may have bursitis of the knee! It just feels different from the other knee pain I have had in the past. I made an appointment w/the doc but can't get in til Monday so I guess I will have to wait a little longer. I'm hoping it can be fixed so I can go walking again. I have got to get this darn weight off and I have to remember how much pain I am in right now so I don't fall off the wagon and regain everything back AGAIN again. Oh yeah, GO LSU! :carrot:

Here is a pic of a friends' old english bulldogs, she breeds them but keeps quite a few herself. Aren't they just adorable?

Dips'n'twists
01-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Hey girls!!

I know I'm a little late since we are well into the new year but I am so in the spirit! I have a new man and a new plan for "getting back to sexy" NOELLE I Love You to Pieces!! I will share those in a bit but first:

Noelle- You do wonders for my ego :D I am so serious about looking and feeling fabulous for the new year. I did get a bit of a jump start from last year but that was due to "The Biggest Loser" I saw a chick who was not a contestant on the ranch but one of the people who did it at home on her own and the heiffer lost over 120 pounds and weighs less that I do now. She's a size 2!! I feel like there are no more excuses. The only thing holding us back is us. A little cheat here and there adds up. I decided to be disciplined and only cheat when I am at the point of maintainance. Okay I'll step down now:soap: :lol:

BTW, I am so sorry about your knee. I hope you still find a way to get some low impact cardio in. And yes I did get a kiss at midnight and brought the new year in with a bang (pun intended);)

Angie- Welcome back. I can't wait to hear all about your trip

Cal- Happy belated birthday. And thank you for the gift it was just what I needed. All that was missing was the naked men!! By the way I wanted to tell you that I got my report card and I got 3 A-'s and a B+ and one of my grades is still pending but I finished with a 3.6 GPA YAY!!:carrot: My new classes start on the 22nd. I swear I wish I had more time to lounge around.

Kempy- Noelle is right, that gym crowd will die down any day now. Congrats on the Football team. I know how ya'll are about your sports.

CW- Way to go on facing the music and weighing in. You are so brave.I tend to shy away from WW because I don't want so many strangers involved in my personal struggle. But you seem ready to take action so go for it!

Cherie- Hope you and your beautiful girls are doing well.

Okay ladies, Once again I am faced with an upcoming trip to Miami and I want to look hot! I also resolved to keep my braids in until I reach my goal weight that way I have the body I want went I "let my hair down"

I'm also taking salsa lessons because I love watching people dance it in the clubs and now I want to be the one who is watched. My classes start in the next few weeks. The new man is paying for them (his x-mas gift to me) If there is one thing that works up a good sweat it's dancing! I can't wait!!

Okay enough from my mouth. TTYL

Kempyd
01-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Wow Dips you sound so great. I am working on the attitude as we speak. I don't think the drinking did much for it the other night b/c all I did was sit around yesterday and try to feed my tummy with junk I didn't need. I had to get rid of the rotten stomach somehow.

We got a call from our agent in LA. We might have an offer on the house by the end of the weekend. :dance: :dancer: :yes: :woohoo: That in itself is putting me in a good mood.

I need to go eat some lunch. (turkey sandwich and baked chips) I am starving.

melekalikimaka
01-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Hey ladies, I am in sort of a funk right now. Rick and I had a big blow up last night. We talked a little this morning so things are a little better, but I just feel raw right now. I don't really want to get into it, but let's just say we made a vow for better or worse... and now is one of those "worse" times. I feel like I need a good cry right now (but I don't want to mess up my eye makeup...I still need to go and grab a cup of coffee from Starbucks)...see? i still have my sense of humor.

Dips, I love your enthusiasm, it's infectious. You will be smokin' hot once again for your Miami (mee-ah-mee) vacation and with those sultry, salsa dance moves all ready to go. Glad you got your kiss and the big bang for new years :D (i got the kiss but not the bang cuz of my stupid knee :lol: ) And hey girl, :bravo: on your awesome grades :cp: I always knew you were BRAINY! That's just a piece of paper that says so in writing. You go girl!

Kempy, that is so great about the house. I'm keeping my fingers crossed you have it sold!

Well, I gotta go get some breakfast so I can power up the old brain. I'm going in to WW tomorrow morning so that should give me a good kick in the pants to get serious again. Love ya girls, chat later.

Kempyd
01-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Noelle I am sorry to hear that you guys had a falling out. We went through a rough patch a few years ago and I know what it is like. Good luck on your weigh in. I really need to start journaling again. I think that would really keep me honest.

I am still waiting for the realtor to call me. She said they are going to amke and offer and want to have it done by Sunday. So, all I can do is sit here and twidle my thumbs. I just hope that they don't make some sort of stupid offer. I don't want to be hurt by selling the house. We put lots of money into it. You guys know, we were always doing something to it and I just wish everyone that looked at it would have seen it before.

melekalikimaka
01-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Thanks for your kind words Kempy, they mean a lot. Well, we are talking at least--of course it's mostly about business during the day, but at least we are communicating. We will get through this, just like the past times. We are supposed to go to a Jim Brickman concert tomorrow night... I've seen him perform before, but last time I went w/my sister. It was a romantic type show so it was funny being there w/my sister. I love his piano music though and have a couple of his music books. I bought these tickets for us about 2 mos. ago, so maybe the concert is coming up at a good time :crossed:.

Angie, I just got your gift in the mail today, thanks! It is so neat and useful! Now i don't have to count with my fingers anymore :lol: At first I thought it was a gift from the company, then I saw your name at the bottom of the packing slip, that was cool! I bought a karate belt rack for Michael not too long ago and when it arrived it was in pieces. I wrote a email complaint and they sent me another one free of charge. They've got good customer service. How are your days these days? Knee deep in donuts? :D

calnative
01-05-2007, 10:02 PM
I hope everyone is doing well. My vacation is winding down; we go back on Monday.
Noelle: I hope things get better for you soon. Enjoy the concert.

Kempy: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your house to sell.

Dips: Great work on those grades!! I never doubted you could do it. I know it can be a challenge going to school full time and holding down a job. You are an inspiration to all of us.

Angie: Glad you are home safe and sound. We're looking forward to hearing about your trip. I stayed home during the break; we're saving for summer when we go on the Alaska cruise.

Cherie: Hope your holidays were great and Santa was good to the girls!

My ankle is better. The cast is off and the dryness has decreased enough that my leg doesn't itch all the time. The doctor still wants me to wear the Frankenboot whenever I'm on my feet for any length of time, but hopefully in about 2 weeks I'll be through with that.

Take care.

Cal

melekalikimaka
01-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Happy Saturday ladies, I'm off for my 1st WW WI today (i know, i know, 3rd time around :rolleyes: ) but you never fail until you stop trying right? I stopped going to meetings around mid July, so a 5 month hiatus has left a xx? lb gain for me. I'm afraid to know and my home scale doesn't work anymore so I will find out the damage real soon. :yikes: I know that I can fit into my 'old' clothes again (the fat ones) :lol: so that can't be good... anyway, I'm off to climb back on the wagon. Giddyap!

Hi Cal, glad you're getting back on your feet :D and if you have to wear the frankenboot while teaching at school, maybe you can conduct experiments on your students in the name of science !:frank: :lol:

Have a good one!

Kempyd
01-06-2007, 01:59 PM
WE SOLD IT!!!!! :dance: :cp:

melekalikimaka
01-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Congrats Kempy, that must a HUGE LOAD off your mind :hat: :dance:

melekalikimaka
01-06-2007, 07:49 PM
I am a :moo: I gained 30 lbs in 5 mos. BUT! I am back in the game w/WW and ready to lose it again... maybe 3rd times the charm? It's embarrassing to admit how much the gain was but coming clean to you guys and myself is somehow liberating :dance: I'm ready to work it! :dancer: My ticker is going for my first 10% loss...

melekalikimaka
01-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Happy Sunday ladies. I am just popping in to keep myself accountable. It seems that I will be annoyingly perky and prolific in my posts as it is the "early phase" of yet another weight loss attempt.... I should call it a "lifestyle" change to be in a more positive vein. :rolleyes: I did good on my first day back OP, and even may have been a little short on points even, but I am journaling this time around--that has been my downfall in the past, getting lazy and not going the "whole" program as it should be.

The Jim Brickman concert was nice and calming. He had a guest violinist perform named David Klinkenberg. This was the first I've ever heard of him but he was really good, and cute too... look him up on the net. :drool:

Dips'n'twists
01-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Thank you all for the words of encouragement for my grades. they mean a lot. You all are like the big sisters I never had.

Noelle- Who the **** is Jim Brickman?? :lol: i gues i'm not as sophisticated as I thought.:?: Well, anyway I hope things smooth out for you and the hubby. And kudos for you having a sense of humor and a positive attitude for everything. Sometimes we let little setbacks get us down. We need more people with your spirit.

Kempy- Hey party girl. Congrats on selling the house. I'm glad you don't have to stress over it anymore.

Cal- get better soon. We can't have you limping all about :p

Well I'm off with the BF to get some seafood. TTYL

(By the way, my ticker is lying. I gained 8 pounds of my weight back over the holidays. I'll do the noble and honest thing and change it when I get back)

Kempyd
01-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Just checking in. You guys will have to hang on, I am still doing the happy dance. Plus, I have lots of paper work to do isnce Joe's company is taking care of all of the closings.

melekalikimaka
01-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Hey Kempy :wave: that's OK if you're busy, we are happy for you too :dance: :dance: :dance:

It is wet and yucky weather here today and is supposed be like this thru Wednesday :rain:

Dips, Jim Brickman is a very white dude who has been described as "America's romantic piano sensation" :lol: he's the guy who wrote/recorded the song "Valentine" sung by Martina McBride. I play the piano and I've got some of his music books, so his music appeals to me, plus, I'm old. ;)

Well, I've got lots to do today, have a good one and hope more of you can pop in. :listen:

cwneeds2lose
01-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Hi Noelle, congrats about getting on track. I can feel your pain about going back to WW and seeing that scale jump up the way it does:yikes: . I've tracked my points steadily since last Wed. However, I'm craving a great big piece of Choco Cake. :ink:

Kemp, :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: on selling the house. I know that's been a real stressor on you lately.

Dips, congrats on the great grades.:carrot: I also envy you. I'd love to take salsa lessons, but trying to get my husband to do something that doesn't have wheels and climb over rocks, is like pulling teeth. How's things going with the bf's bratty niece?

Cal, how was your 1st day back at work?

I'm weighing in tomorrow. I'm hoping to lose most of what I gained over the holidays. Keep your fingers crossed.:crossed: :crossed:

I'll talk to you soon.

Dips'n'twists
01-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Noelle- Funny you are, old you are not. I do admire your wide range of musical taste. I'm just a little out of touch.

CW- Don't feel bad. Though the BF is paying for the dance lessons, he is not participating. if it were up to him I'd be taking pole dancing lessons. (which I'm not opposed to at all :devil: )

As far as the bratty niece, I still haven't met her but when I do, her attitude better be correct or she will be getting cursed out!

Dips'n'twists
01-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Okay my tracker is telling the truth now. (Darn holiday dinners :x )

Kempyd
01-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Ok, today is a little better. I have no way of getting around today since Joe took the truck to work. There is a DU meeting tonight that he wanted to go to. So, I am at home doing some paperwork for the house sale and that is about it. I am not going to be able to hit the gym but I thought I might walk the dogs and then hop on the bik for a bit. It is such a pretty day here I might take advantage of it. I am really not in the mood to celan the house so anything else sounds better.

CW and Noelle I need to get back to my WW but I have to see my doc in the morning. My new meds are making me feel as if I am hungry ALL of the time and I could have just eaten. I am thinking about food all the time right now and I don't think me journalling will be better for me. You know how you freak out about everthing you eat? I admire you guys for doing it though.

Dips I saw those pole classes being offered in CA somewhere. How funny. Do you watch King of Queens? They did an episode of that once and I thought I would pee myself I was luaghing so hard!

Noelle I have your Jim guy on right now. I typed him into Rapsody and I like it. My mom was a music major and played piano all my life, so I love it. I can play but only by ear so no books for me. I just love the music. I grew up listening to more classical though so that really pulls at my heart.

melekalikimaka
01-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Good morning, it is a chilly 66 degrees here :lol: I am wearing long pants and socks. It's supposed to get up to 80 but we've got thunderstorms rolling through so I doubt it. I went to the doc yesteday and I am scheduled for an MRI this afternoon. I'm praying it's something not requiring surgery but maybe just therapy like the last time.

Kempy, hope the doc can help you w/your meds, that would be a cr@ppy problem to have since you're trying so hard to lose weight.
I love listening to classical music especially when I'm all stressed out. My friends at my old work place could tell what kind of day I was having by the music I had on. I studied piano for 4 years when I was little but I can't play classical too well, I try but it sounds nothing like what it should. I'm listening to Josh Groban right now, the Closer album. I like listening to the Three Tenors (Pavarotti/Domingo/Carreras) or Andrea Bocelli...they just soothe me. Jim Brickman's romantic songs are sappy but they are perfect for weddings, anniversaries, etc.... and I admit that I like them :^:

Dips, how can your man be paying for the lessons but not partaking? How is he gonna sizzle w/you on the dance floor? Or maybe he's hoping for private lessons after you learn them? :devil: I hear pole dancing is a great workout.

cw, good luck on your weigh in!!! :cheer2: Let us know how it went.

OK, pretty soon I'm gonna have to do a roll call for the MIA's... where are y'all hiding?

I gotta get to work. Chat later.

melekalikimaka
01-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Eeeek!!! Rick pulled his boat out of the water a couple of days ago and now it is sitting in our warehouse. I just walked out of the office a few minutes ago and there was a small crab walking across the floor! It made my skin crawl with the heebie jeebies!!! I'm not afraid of crabs but this one being out of it's element just took me by surprise...yuck, I just swept it out the door. :faint: :lol:

calnative
01-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Just a quick post.
So far everything is going well at school. The district gave the kids a writing test yesterday and today. I welcomed the kids back with the test. Made for a couple of easy days for me.
I was telling the kids, yesterday, how little time is left in this school year. I wasn't counting down, but I wanted them to understand that the time will go by much more quickly than they think, and they still have a lot to do and learn before June. (FYI only 19 more school weeks left). I also told them that they have to learn everything and go to 8th grade because I don't want them again. :-)

Have a great night.

Cal

cwneeds2lose
01-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Hi everyone, my WI went well today. I didn't lose all of what I gained over the holidays, but I did lose 3/4 of the weight gained. :dance: I just need to keep journaling.

Noelle, I freak out to when crawling things are where they're not supposed to be. It freaks me out. The other day was daughter was finally cleaning her room, and under her favorite pair of jeans was a dead mouse. :mouse: :yikes: It was so gross.

Kemp, I have those days when your never full. I'm sure your doc will get things worked out. At least your going to the gym and walking your dogs. My dog is too spoiled. She used to me carrying her in a purse. You gotta love her though.

Dips, I'd get a pole and DVD, if I had room for one in my house. My daughter and I were watching "Wife Swap" last night, and one of the wives has a pole in her living room. Even Oprah had a show on the great benefits of pole dancing. Oh well, I guess I'll have to put it one my "maybe someday list."

Kempyd
01-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Hey guys. I am back from the doc and she switched my meds. She kept telliung me that I didn't gain weight since the last visit but I put up my fight about not wanting to stop eating. That is just not normal. I explained that I couldn't do WW b/c I was already thinking about food to much and that would make it worse. I said that even exercise was not stopping the cravings. So, she went with it and I promised that I would tell he if it was not right either. So, I am off on another wild ride of medication. WEEEEE

Cal I know you secreatly have a numer pad in your desk with the countdown. You are so funny. Jr. High was my favorite time of school. I hated HS though. I still really love all of my teachers from then.

CW good job on the weigh in. Do they have anything new for this year with WW?

Noelle I bet that was creepy. Will it be able to make it out of water? I would be the one that puts it in a tank as a pet on my desk. When we were in CA my MIl asked me to get a cricket out of the house. So, I got a magazine and made it hop out of the door. She thought I was going to kill it. I try to scoot everything out. Once, I had a large bee in the hosue so I trapped it with a cup and slide a piece of pare under it and let him go outside. Of course, I threw the cup in the air and ran as I did it but at least he was free. I think simetimes that I missed my calling. I should ahve been a vet.

Where in the world is Angie?

melekalikimaka
01-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Cal, I bet the only thing that made going back to school bearable was knowing that you would be giving the kids a test! :lol: Just kidding. Hey, I got your package yesterday, thanks for the calendar! I was just thinking to myself that I'm going to have to go out and get a new one because the last one you gave me is on it's last month--so cool! I will hang it right back up. Ashley is quite the young lady now, I keep picturing her with that cute little bob haircut like when we met at Disneyland.

cw, good job on your WI! :high: I think I need to journal religiously this time around, even on my bad food days. My problem is that sometimes I don't know how to count things so I just write what it was and leave the points section blank. A dead mouse in your daughters bedroom? That is gross :lol:. I hope she caught it before it started to smell. :faint:

Kempy, that is funny about you wanting to save all the animals and insects, esp. the bee. I just want to either shriek and run away or if no one's there to help me shoo them, I want to smash them--well, bugs anyway, not animals, no no, I like animals (except mice in my bedroom :lol: ) I think it's great that your doc will listen to you and work w/you and your meds. I have this one doc that seems perpetually busy and it's almost like he wants to run out the door to his next patient if I have any questions, I have to go in there with a list beforehand so I can talk fast. Some docs have no bedside manner I tell you.

I dunno where Angie is... Angie? :listen:

Well, I've got to get off to work. Have a great day :wave:

cwneeds2lose
01-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Kemp, it's about the same plan, however, you take a quiz, add up the numbers, and that's the number of points for the day. Other than that, it's all the same. I hope the new meds will make you not hungry, and the weight just falls off. As for the cricket, bugs are free game as far as I'm concerned. I live in the country, and I have my fair share of them.

Noelle, I usually make a quess at how much, and then put the points number down. If I leave it without a number, it's like I didn't eat those points. Yeah, I know. Wishful thinking. As for my daughgter, she found the mouse before it started smelling. I think it had just died when she found it. It still was gross just seeing the back half sticking out the under those jeans. It was like he was trying to hide, and sufficated under the jeans. Of course, we had to wait for David to come in to remove it because neither one of us girls were going to touch it.

Angie, where are you????

Dips'n'twists
01-10-2007, 08:29 PM
You girls are too funny. The pole dancing thing sounds like a good future venture but for now I think I'll stick to salsa. Don't wanna overwhelm the man:o I'm also getting plenty of "bedroom cardio" :devil: at this rate I'll be skinny by march! WOOHOO!!!!

Kempy- I did see that episode of "king of queens" when Doug is working the pole. It's one of my favorites!! Good luck with the meds. I myself am starting back on birth control pills hoping it doesn't blow my *** up :eek: BTW, you're better than me because I kill everything in my house that isn't Niko :lol: you're so cute saving the bees :lol:

Noelle- I enjoy classical music every now and again but not too much. I need to broaden my horizons. I'm so jealous of your nice weather now. NY was freeeezing today and we got our fist snow of the winter (few flurries, no big deal) How is your knee doing?

CW- Way to go on the WI. You are headed in the right direction. Keep it up!

Cal- You are such a good teacher. Your students are so lucky. We need to plnat you and grow a whole field of you for our inner city schools.

Angie- You have 48 hours to show up or I'm coming to get you:p

Cherie that goes for you too!!

Kempyd
01-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Hey guys. I am home today. There are a couple ogf guys here working on the garage floor. There are a few hole sin it from when the model home office was in there. I am a littel dizzy today though so I am fine sticking close to home. I know it is b/c I skipped 2 days of my meds by accident.

Dips I guess I am more of a nature girl than I though. I love plants but I love all the bugs that help them grow too. In fact I have to go buy a bir feeder for this house b/c I miss watching them. They will flyinthe yard and then leave b/c I don't ahve any food. Well, not anymore.

Not much else going on today. I need to go to the libray to get another book. I finished Marley & Me ast night. Oh my god! You have got to read it. I cried so hard I have to clean my glasses. It was good though.

melekalikimaka
01-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Hey ladies, I'm having my healthy breakfast: Kashi Cinna Raisin Crunch cereal w/skim milk and a cup of strawberries. I dunno why I waited until 9:30 to eat breakfast but I am starving so that's my 6 pt breakfast... lunch will probably be around 2:30 so that's alright. Well, it looks like I'm gonna need knee surgery :yikes: That will put me on crutches for at least 1 week, then therapy for 6 weeks after that--and that's a best case scenario :crossed: I'm stressing out thinking about it. I'm still deciding when I will have it done. Jan. is such a full month for me... I will probably do it in February (close to Valentine's Day so Rick will take pity on me and buy me a really great present :devil: ) :lol:

Kempy, I read Marley and Me and loved it too. I always remember the beach story when I think about the book. Even if you've never owned a lab I think this is a good book.

cw, the story of the dead mouse made me remember one time I was doing the laundry and I found a dead gecko stuck to some piece of clothing (ahem, it was my bra). It was nasty! I had to throw that out and I refused to wear any of the same ones I had left in my drawer--the experience was just traumatic :lol:. I guess he fell into the bag since it sits right under my bedroom window, and he got compressed in the clothes....i know, i know, maybe TMI? :lol:

So anyway, I just gotta send a hello out to Dips, Cal, Angie, Cherie and any other long-lost friends we may have. :wave: Have a good one!

melekalikimaka
01-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Hey ladies, what's going on and where's ya at? Anything special planned for this weekend? I may take Michael to the movies tonight, don't know if we'll be catching Charlotte's Web or Happily N'ever After or Arthur and the Invisibles... other than that, I am trying to think of things to put into b-day goodie bags.

Did I tell you guys the story of my scale? If I did, sorry but this is a repeat.... I bought a new Homedics digital lithium scale w/memory about a year or so ago. For the past few months, it kept giving me an "E" error message. I would tap it and it would keep giving me the E and not come to "0" so I could step on. I even changed the battery and it didn't help. So I bought another scale just a few days ago. When I read the instructions it says if the error message appears, it needs to be recalibrated OR you have exceeded the 330 weight load limit. Now I thought about it, and no one living in my house even comes close to 330..... then I thought abou it some more and realized that my BIL would probably have been the one to step on the scale while visiting. He's gotta be at least 6'3 or 6'4 and he's BIG. Now if Rick at his heaviest at 5'9 topped out at 250 lbs, my BIL being 6-7 inches talled has to at least reach 300+ right? So I'm guessing that's what happened to my last scale--but that's not all! I had another digital scale prior to the one that broke and that one just up and disappeared. That makes me wonder if he might've broke that one too and hid the evidence! :lol: So that's a whole lot of money I'm shelling out for bathroom scales....I'm keeping this one hidden away where only I can get to it when I want!

calnative
01-13-2007, 09:44 AM
No special plans for me this weekend. Just want to take it easy and enjoy the 3 days.
It's crazy; a few days ago we had temps near 70 and yesterday (as well as this weekend) we're getting highs in the low to mid 50's. I like the fact that it feels like January; I just wish we'd get some rain. My sister sent me a picture yesterday of snow at her house. She lives in southern Calif and it did make for interesting driving conditions. She said she watched it snow from her room at school.
I really feel for anyone in the path of that ice storm. If it's headed your way, take care.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Cal

Kempyd
01-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Hey guys. It looks like Hitchcock's The Birds in my back yard. I guess there aren't alot of people with feeders out b/c they are all in my backyard. I sat outside and had lunch yesterday and wathced them. Within 2 hours they had emptied the feeder. It is crazy out there. Kind of loud too but in a good way.

cal that storm is coming this way. we are going to be in LA though and I don't know if it will make it that far. The high Monday is 38 with smow mix. CRAP! I woudl love to see it snow. I have never seen that before.

Noelle I wonder why he didn't just tell you he broke it. I would have done that. I mean scales are not cheap.

I am so pround of my sis. She has finally stared to take not of her weight. She is 42 and I don't think she has ever been this serious before. I sent her and e-card congratualting her b/c she was able to pull her jeans off without unbuttning them. She keeps saying that they were never tight but I wont let her think less of what she is doing. She has no scale so she is goin straight on how her clothes fit. I just can't say it enough, I am so proud of her!

melekalikimaka
01-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Hey girls, I'm just back from my 1st weigh in and I am down 5 lbs :dance:. I know the first two weeks of weight loss are usually the biggest but I am still happy. This keeps me motivated to stay on track thru the week. I went to the movies last night and only drank half of my diet soda and NO POPCORN!!! Major accomplishment by me cuz I really really really really really like movie popcorn. :lol: The WW meeting was CRAZY busy with people waiting in to check in and waiting in line for one of 3 scales to WI throughout the whole meeting. It was just nuts. I saw this one lady who was weighing people in and I remember her from back in 04 or so and she is so slim now. She is at least 5'9" tall and has a big frame. I remember her when she was heavy but she looks super good now. *sigh* if only I had kept at it like her... :lol: Oh well, no looking back, just soldier forward!

Kempy, that is so great about your sister. You should invite her over here if you want. I dunno if I'd want any of my sisters here...sometimes I like to talk about them :lol: :p I would be scare of those birds in your backyard because we don't have anything of the sort around here. Those are those big black birds right? The kind that I think would peck my eyes out? :lol:

Hi Cal. Enjoy your long weekend. How's the ankle doing?

Well, I gotta go get some errands done, just wanted to pop in and share my joy. :dancer: Have a great weekend.

calnative
01-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Ankle is doing better, Noelle. I go back to the Dr. on Wed and hopefully I won't have to wear the boot anymore. I already told my principal at school that once the boot comes off, I'll have to wear slippers for a little while because my shoes are still very uncomfortable. She told me not to worry about it and just do whatever I needed to do.
My neighbor was telling me that Costco has a WW scale for only $19 (with coupon on Monday). She's going to go get one and I already told Alberto that I want to get one also. I don't like weighing in, but I would like to know where I'm at. I'm also going to get an ab lounge (or whatever it's called). My sister, Bert, said she tried it out and she could really feel it. I can't do regular situps because of my back, but I think I could use something like that lounge-thingy.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Cal

melekalikimaka
01-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Hello ladies, I hope all of you are doing alright with the wacky winter weather going across the US. I am enjoying a beautiful sunny day with a bit of cool temps. If I were a beach person I'd be out there now, but I'm not so I'm at home just lounging around. It's been a little hard today with the weekend mentality of 'snack all day cuz I'm bored', but I've been pretty good about tracking my points. I got some fresh cherries and some frozen mango chunks and have been munching on that for a good healthy snack. The smartpop microwave popcorn has been a lifesaver too. You know what really sucks is that we finally dumped so much leftover cookies and chocolates lying around from Christmas but my cousin came over and brought a huge bag of more junk food from his visit home in CA. I was disturbed! :lol: There's two boxes of Trader Joes dark chocolate almond bark...that looks delicious although I will not try any, it just may set me off on a binge. I am holding out for Wednesday which is Michael's b-day and I may just have a tiny piece of cake. I think i'm gonna go with making a box mix cake with either the fat-free pumpkin filling or the diet soda... that way I can have some without killing all my flex points. Other than that, nothing much happening here. How are YOU guys doing?

melekalikimaka
01-16-2007, 01:48 PM
where my girls at? :shrug:

calnative
01-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Yesterday I got that WW scale at Costco. It's really nice. Unfortunately, I tried it out last night and now I'm so depressed. I'm not sure I like being able to weigh in at home. I haven't lost anything; in fact I've gained about 7 lbs. I have started up with WW again, but it seems that it'll never work for me. I'm so bummed. I feel like such a loser (and not the good kind).

melekalikimaka
01-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Hey Cal, it's a new year, a time for new efforts and new beginnings right? Is WW not something you can work into your lifestyle? Were you doing flex or core? If it was Flex, maybe you can try Core. And you know, the scale is just one indicator of our progress, what you weighed at that particular time of day. I'm willing to bet that if you give WW one more try for at least a week you could drop those 7 lbs in a snap. I know my first WI last Saturday was a surprise, but those first week losses are always pretty spectacular. Just remember, your weight doesn't define you, you're an awesome lady and I know that for sure :hug:.

I know with the Flex plan I always think about what I can and can not eat, or is it worth the points? etc.. Today was a difficult day for me as well, I felt like I wanted to munch munch munch. I know it's just PMS but I think the day ended pretty well, I stopped eating right after dinner--but I had dinner at 4 pm! :lol: I just felt like I had to eat, so I did.

It was REALLY hard this evening to not eat because I had to go to Sam's Club and pick up some cupcakes for Michael's class tomorrow (his 8th birthday). And get this! I order one tray of cupcakes which is 24 pieces. Then his teacher sends home a note that says there are 25 kids.... I guess they got a new student. So I bought two :censored: trays and swiped 3 off the 2nd one and wrapped them up for tomorrow. So now I had 21 cupcakes sitting in the fridge. The only redeeming factor is that Rick ate 2 of them, Michael split one with my dad and now there are 18 in the fridge... I told Michael we will put candles in them tomorrow and sing him Happy Birthday with those. Oh yeah, and the 2nd tray was off the shelf from Sam's so the frosting was the whipped topping--which I don't like. But I absolutely ADORE the buttercream frosting....so those will definitely go to the classroom tomorrow. I will not indulge because I WILL bulge. :lol:

melekalikimaka
01-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Hey Noelle, how are you? It sure is quiet around here... :lol:

melekalikimaka
01-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Yeah, so quiet, I'm talking to myself :rolleyes:

Anyway, I forgot to tell you last night that when we went to Sam's Club last night, we parked next to a truck with a pit bull in it the back and it was Bully Big Head, the dog we found wandering around a few months back. Remember him? We got out of the car and just started petting him. We waited around for the owner but he didn't come out til later. We found out that the dogs real name was Duke and that he lived quite a ways away from where we found him. He still didn't have a license tag on him, but he did have a collar. The owner still hasn't learned i guess. He's lucky he got him back from the pound.

Nothing much going on, just still doing things for Michael's b-day party this weekend and praying that it doesn't rain. The weather report said chance of rain is 50% :(.

I also scheduled my knee surgery for Feb. 5 so I will be hobbling around after that, but hopefully on the mend.

So really, what's happening with you guys? Have you all abandoned me? :^:

Karen31
01-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Hello There, Thanks for the invite over... I'm reallytrying hard to get this weight off because I don't want to go through another Summer like this!! Those are my "poms" there and the red one is Ginger and the Sable is Sissy. I am planning on joing a walking group (if the snow ever goes away!) and I've ordered a stroller for the girls so they can go too. I do walk with them when it is nice and they do walk for awhile but since I'm wanting to do a lot more walking thought that the stroller was a good idea!! They would be very upset if they couldn't go! Yeah, they are spoiled!! Thanks again, Karen

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/slider-chicken/lb/185/125/185/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

melekalikimaka
01-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Hi Karen, glad you could pop on over. Well, if you've read through the thread, some of our girls aren't showing up as often but they do come around. Sometimes when our motivation all jives this thread becomes so busy sometimes it's hard to keep up with the posts. I hope some of them come out to say hello soon. So you live in Colorado? I've never been there but from what I've seen on TV it looks like a gorgeous place to live. I hope it thaws out a little for you. I'm sure you would welcome some warmer weather so you can get out and walk. I was using walking every day as my main form of cardio but I've been having a problem with my knee and need to get that fixed before I can start out again. Right now, I am doing WW and just trying to lose what I can by eating right.

Your poms look like little glamour girls, especially Sissy with her head tilted at that sassy angle :lol: I have 3 dogs myself, "Kai", a black lab/rottweiler mix who's around 11 years old, a 7 y.o. black and white chihuahua-terrier mix named "Selena" after Selena Quintanilla the tejano singer and the newest addition to our family is "Lucky", a mixed breed we don't even know what she came from. She's a dark brownish/black short hair, around 20 lbs and really sleek. She's a handful but we love her. I've got a bunch of cats, both indoor and outdoor, plus one 15 lb rabbit and some aquarium fish. I've been married for 11 years (12 next month!), I live in Hawaii and my husband and I work together for our plumbing contracting/renovation business. I've also got one son who's 8 years old today. :hb: Anyway, I'm sure I've rambled on quite enough for now. So what's the story with you? :D

Karen31
01-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Hello there, I am married and have 2 grown sons, and 3 grandsons and 1 grandaughter. :) I've sent you a picture of Ginger and Sissy while they seem to like posing!! Ginger just turned 4 years old on January 9 and Sissy will be 3 years old on July 12. I got Ginger from the local shelter and was so glad that I got there to get her. Sissy was a rescue from a "nasty" puppy mill! :( They both have no more worries in their lives!

I'm going to be so glad when we get rid of all this snow. It is pretty but not when we still have 3 and 4 foot drifts from 6 weeks ago!! We kind of live on the backside of Pikes Peak and it sure is pretty with all the snow up there --- but I wish it would just stay up there now. But I'm afraid we will still have at least 2 or 3 more months of Winter before it really starts turning nice.

I've never been to Hawaii but I've always wanted to go. Maybe when I lose all this weight I will talk the hubby in to going! :^: We've always thought it would be nice to go for our wedding anniversary. Some day!

You have a nice day and I look forward to hearing from you. Karen

Dips'n'twists
01-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Welcome Karen! :balloons: :cheer: :welcome3: :welcome: :cheer: :balloons:

Wow, you live in colorado with all that god awful snow?:snow4: :snowglo: I'm so so so sorry! Oh wait, let me introduce myself:

I'm Angela, AKA Dips. I am the baby of the bunch; 25 years old, unmarried (but I have a great boyfriend) no kids but I have an adorable yorkie named niko. I live in New York City where I am freezing my buns off right now. Good LAWD it's cold out there!! This morning it was 19 degrees. Can you say Brrrrr?:shocksn: Well anyways, I'm glad you could join us, I look forward to getting to know you. By the way, your poms are gorgeous!

Noelle- You poor thing having to resort to self conversations. So sorry baby. Happy birthday to your gorgeous boy (just ten more years and he's mine!) :lol: I can't tell you enough how insiring you are always keeping an upbeat attitude and deciding to just "soldier forward" no matter what. You go girl! And let me tell you I am having a blast in salsa class :dancer: I tell you, I should have done this years ago! I can't wait to go back tomorrow. When I go to the BF's house, he asks me to show him what I learned. I give him about a ten second show and then tell him if he wants to see more, he has to come with me.:snooty:

Where is everybody? Holla back!

Karen31
01-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Hi Dips, 19 degrees sounds like a heat wave!!! We were minus 27 yesterday morning and got up to a high of 13 above!! I think Yorkies are really cute too. I have a buddy that has a couple and they are adorable!! I have knitted both of my "girls" sweaters and they each got a Crushed velvet with "fur" trim coat for Christmas!! They love to strut their stuff!! Well, I'm looking forward to each time I get on the site.. I have had so much fun just today and it makes me really ready to get rid of the extra 60 pounds that I have!! Thanks, Karen

calnative
01-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Hello and Welcome Karen.
As Noelle said, this is a great bunch and it can get pretty busy at times.
I'm Carol (Cal) and I live in Arizona. Right now we have the sun, but not the temps. It's been pretty chilly here, although not like Colorado or New York. Our low's are in the low 30s and highs in the low 60s.
I'm married to a man from Italy and we visit there whenever possible (about every 2 years). Last summer we spent 5 weeks in Europe touring around; it was a great trip. I have a 9 y.o daughter, Ashley. I've met 2 of the ladies from this site; Noelle and Angie.
I teach 7th grade Language Arts, and I love it.
Again, welcome.

Cal

melekalikimaka
01-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Hey ladies, glad to see the chatter picking up! :carrot: So far I am on track w/my WW points but I just ordered Papa John's pizza for Michael's b-day dinner. He asked for Pizza Gut (i mean Hut :lol: ) but I had the coupon for the other guys so I saved some $$ by going w/Papa John's--plus they're not exactly my favorite kind of pizza so I won't be too tempted to overeat :crossed: . I am so proud of myself for staying away from the cupcakes. They are calling to me but I am leaving them in the fridge til the last possible moment.

Karen, I can't believe it's that cold there! I mean, I knew there were storms and things passing through but sheesh, does it normally get that low? I have a cousin that just moved to Colorado last year, he retired from the Air Force and is just enjoying life. Those fur sweaters for your girls sound so chic. I love that picture of them cuddling together, just look at those eyes.

Hey Cal, enjoy the cool weather while it lasts, before you know it it will be back into the blazing temps. So how are your kiddos behaving, getting back into the school routine ok?

Dips, I can just imagine you and your salsa dancing. It matches your personality, really fiery. I bet your BF is finding out that the lessons are money well spent. Let us know if he takes the bait and jumps in with ya.

Well, I've got to go back upstairs and see if the pizza man is here. have a great evening, chat more tomomrrow. :grouphug:

Karen31
01-17-2007, 11:08 PM
Hi Cal,
Nice to hear from you and Thanks for the Welcome. My hubby and I have thought about moving to Arizona when he retires. I have a freind that moved to Wisconsin after living in Arizona for the last 20 years so I'm sure she is still in shock over the difference in weather. I'll be glad when our weather turns nice again. I'm really starting to get that "cabin fever" after 6 weeks of snow every weekend!! Karen

Karen31
01-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Hi Noelle,
I've never had the Papa John's pizza but I do know the DiGorno frozen pizzas are good!! But I have gone over to the Lean Cuisine French Bread pizzas now, They are really pretty good and a lot less calories. :)
We can get that cold but at times but it doesn't usually last for the days that it has been here now. This is our 5th straight day of super cold weather. Most of the time it can be nice enough to go outside without a coat to shovel the snow!! :dizzy:
I've gone ahead and enclosed a couple pictures of the "girls" with their coats and sweaters. The ones with the fur trim are the ones that they got for Christmas. The knitted ones, (pink and multi-colored) are a couple that I made for them. I guess you can tell that they are really my babies and are spoiled rotten!
Oh! And the other picture is of Ginger & Sissy out in the yard. That is a 4 foot fence there! And that is Pikes Peak in the background. Now you can see why we aren't able to do much outside!! :( And they are saying more snow coming this weekend!
I'm looking forward to nice weather again so I can get outside and do walking with them. They love it too. Take care, Karen

melekalikimaka
01-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Karen, you are really talented with your hands and those coats are perfect! I can't imagine having that much snow out in my yard :eek: I did pretty well w/the pizza last night, two slices of thin crust ham w/mushroom and I asked them to make it w/just a little cheese which they did. It's really hard to stop at two slices though, my mind wants MORE!!! :lol: I love pizza, I just have to find ways to make it less fatty and more nutritionally sound. I like those LC pizzas too, have you tried the round "pan" type they have as well? They have the silver bottom to crisp up in the microwave. :T

Hmmm, can you tell it's getting close to lunch time for me? :lol:

Anyway, I'm getting a little stressed out planning the final details of my son's b-day party this weekend. It's gonna be a BBQ picnic at the park. I have a pretty big family already so just by inviting some of his classmates and their families, I've got a guest list of about 50 people! OMG how did it get that big??? :lol: I will have to go to Costco and pick up more burgers and dogs... and to fix up the kids' goodie bags. Wish me luck in pulling this off without a hitch. :crossed:

Have a great day.

Dips'n'twists
01-18-2007, 11:27 PM
Karen- Did you say MINUS 27 ?? :eek::eek: I am humbled. I really thought I had it bad over here but you win the cold war :lol: I can't get over how cute your girls are. It's so sweet how you spoil them. I try to spoil my Niko too but I don't have the patience to make him clothes when I can hop on over to target. BTW, you are not missing a thing from Papa John's pizza. I asure you it is not all that.:nono:

Cal- I can't wait until our highs are back in the mid 60s. Whenever I retire I am going to miami to live like the Golden Girls. I would probably be a cross between Dorothy and Blanche.

Noelle- My BF is sounding like he wants to join me. I think he will soon. I'm trying to figure out what to do for valentines day. That holiday always sneaks up on me. Anyway, good job on denying the cup cakes. I've decided to take on a new diet (because being the diet whore that I am I can't be faithful to just one) It's the "Fat Smash Diet" by Dr. Ian Smith, you know, the guy from celebrity fit club. I just completed thr first day of phase one. All I can eat is fruits and veggies, no meat. I'm also back to eating oatmeal. Combining this new diet with my dancing and I am on a serious mission :carrot:

Okay, I am sore and tire from 3 straight hours of dancing and I need to rest my bones. I will talk to you all tomorrow.

Karen31
01-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Hello There,
Noelle, it sound like you have a pretty big weekend planned! My grandson just turned 8 in December but we had such bad storms that he is still waiting for his "big" party! I think we are going to have a big deal for him at the skating rink and let his friends all come there. At least they will be warm! I wouldn't stress to much-- I'm sure they are all going to love it and have a really good time. :)

Hey Dips, Yeah, I said MINUS 27!! :snow4: But this morning we have a heat wave---- it is 5 above!:) Of course we have 2 different storms that are going to hit us this weekend-- one tomorrow night and one for Sunday into Monday! I can't remember when we have had all this snow at one time. We usually have some really nice weather between storms and they don't always come every weekend.

Well, I was really excited when I got on the scales this morining! I've lost my first 4 pounds--- YEA!!!!:carrot: It took me awhile to figure out how to change my weight tracker but I think I have it now! :dizzy: I did start doing the treadmill this week and also have been doing 100 crunches everday on the Ab Lounge. I was only able to start at 15 minutes for the treadmill but today I am going to up it to 20 minutes. I'm really excited!

You all have a wonderful day and I'll come back later to chat. Karen

melekalikimaka
01-19-2007, 12:34 PM
:cp: :bravo: Way to go Karen!!! 4 lbs is AWESOME! :high:

Dips, thanks for reminding me about Valentine's day. You know, you don't have to "give" anything material, just plan a super romantic evening with dinner out and dancing maybe? or maybe just cook him a nice dinner at your place and let the evening sizzle :flame: Corny I know, but you know me :lol:

I am just popping in for a quick one as I am off to my WI a day early this morning. Think light thoughts :D I'll be back to post my results later. Have a good one.

ps. Hope Kempy and ANGIE and Cherie and cw can stop on by... we're getting lonely here :(

sapphire35
01-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

May I Join your group?

I having been getting bigger over the years and just can't seem to stop the cycle. :dunno: I had a little girl last year (1lb 3ozs - 25 wks 3days), and actual lost weight during the pregnancy. I have sinced gained that all back and some.

I don't eat constantly, But when i do eat that meal for the day, is a lot. I don't eat breakfast, normally lunch and dinner maybe. My husband is not complaining about my weight, but he will make sutle comments here and there about food or how I eat. He'll say your not big, you just need to lose your stomach. I want to have more energy :carrot: for my daughter. She is 18 months actual age and 15 months adjusted age now and very active. I do not want to continue at this weight (212 lbs, 5'1, and 37 yrs old). It is getting to hard to handle and I do not like the way I look at all anymore. I feel really lazy and with a new babie this is unacceptable.

I recently joined a gym and I just started calorie counting. I signed up for weight watchers but never really tried it out. :crazy: Just bought all the stuff. Gosh I love my carbs too, but I have do this because I'm am tired of being overweight. I found this site today and everyone seems to be so supportive.

We live in St. Louis with the Miracle Boys that were abducted and found recently. We are suppose to get 5 to 6'' of snow tonight.

Thanks

Trish

Dips'n'twists
01-19-2007, 01:03 PM
:cheer: :cheer2:YAY KAREN :cheer2: :cheer:

What an accomplishment. :high: Keep it up and keep at that treadmill:tread: Let those pounds melt away! I can't even remember the last time we were down into the single digits in the city but then again with the windchill it probably felt that way :shocksn:
it's in the 30's right about now. I do however remember having a ton of snow dumped on us last year and the year before. I am so glad we didn't see any snow this year. In fact, this nation-wide unusual weather has been pretty good to us. Just a week agao it was in the 50's and 60's. That's unheard of in NY. I met a girl from Texas who moved to new york to see snow in the winter and right after she left it snowed in Texas! :lol: Hang in there, My love. It will get warmer soon.

Noelle- I found the cutest little card for the BF it's shaped as a corset and held together with ribbon. You have to loosen the ribbons to get to the message inside which says "take me, I'm yours. Happy Valentines day" I think that will go over very well :encore: Hmm, maybe I should wear a corset too.:chin: But seriously, your ideas sound romantic, not corny. I love intimate dinners at home. I know I come off as a firecracker but I'm also the biggest sap you'll know. I'm a girl's girl when it comes to romance.

Okay so if you'll excuse me now I have to take a quick trip to Maine to find Angie:moped:

Karen31
01-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Hi sapphire, I think that you will be very happy that you have came to this group. I have just joined this past week and I really love to get on the site several times a day just to see what's going on. I've been working with the slimfast just because I like to eat a "real" meal with my hubby when he gets home from work. And that seems to be working pretty good for me right now. I also enjoy the Ab Lounge and I just today up my time to 20 minutes on the treadmill.
I see you are in MO. I have all my family back there--- mostly in Webb City. And I also have a nephue in St. Louis.

Hey Noelle and Dips, I just had to put in a few more pics of Ginger & Sissy. You can really tell that they are mistreated!! :lol: I'm still waiting for their stroller to get here so that if the SNOW ever goes away we can walk outside! I plan to walk further than their little legs will want to so decided a stroller was the way to go.

Have a good day and I'll catch you later. Karen

melekalikimaka
01-19-2007, 03:55 PM
First of all, :welcome2: Sapphire! I love your name as I love things that sparkle. You are very welcome to join us. Don't feel bad about about the weight gain after pregnancy, just to make you feel better? My son had a birthday on Wednesday and I only weighed 6 pounds less than when I delivered him :eek:. (did I mention he's 8 years old? :lol: ) So you see, it happens. And your daughter being born so early and you having to see her through those early weeks and months, it must have been stressful! I am glad to know she is thriving now. Did you sign up for WW online? I am currently on week 3 of WW but I do go to the meetings since I need that face-to-face accountability. Let me know if you have any questions about how it works--it's my 3rd go-round with them, but I DO know that it ABSOLUTELY works if you work it! Good luck.

Karen, that pacifier is too funny! :lol: Great job with the treadmill and ab lounger. :cb:

Dips, that sounds like a really sexy card :devil: That would be really creative and devious of you if you wore one for him to open too :lol:

OK ladies, drum roll please................. ahem: my official weigh-in today was -4.2 lbs :dancer: Woo-Hoo!!! I know it won't continue to fall off like this but I gotta celebrate when I can ;) So thanks for listening girls and thanks for helping in the motivation department! You guys rock.

I gotta go get some food, I'm starving.

melekalikimaka
01-19-2007, 03:57 PM
ps. Trish, about the miracle boys, I can't wait to hear the full story on the kids that was kept for 4 years. He must be pretty traumatized. I'm glad they are back with their families.

Karen31
01-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Hello there,
I thought that you would get a kick out of seeing the "girls" with their Binkys!! I have way too much fun with them!

Hey Noelle-- that's great about the 4.2 pound weight loss.. I've thought about joining WW but I would have to drive about 30 miles one way just to go the meetings. I guess that is a disadvantage to living in the mountains-- nothing is really close.

Hey Dips! That is such a cute idea for the Valentine card! I wish my hubby would come up with come cute ideas for me--- not likely! I even happen to be one of those people that was lucky enough to be born on Feb 14. so I'm lucky to get a card at all from him! He's just not a very romantic type guy--- he was when we were dating about 36 years ago!! I'll be anxious to hear how your evening goes. Karen

angieME
01-19-2007, 06:24 PM
Hi guys. I sent pms out to you detailing our family drama. I originally posted it here but I didnt want to keep it online for strangers to see. :lol:

So vaca was fun. We went to SeaWorld and loved it you get 7 days for one now. Plus the park was so slow before Christmas that we got on ride after ride without waiting. Jay and the girls rode the Kraken about 7 times. We got pics of them on the ride. They loved it. I went on the journey to atlantis. We did Disney and we left before noon because it was lame. :lol: Brit rode every single thrill ride she could get on. :lol: We had an alligator at the campground and he was so cute. There was also stry kittens there and I wanted to bring them home but they wouldnt come near me. At our campground South of the Border in SC there was some kittens and I fed them on the days we stayed there. When we went to Jacksonville for the second week we had raccoons that came out every single night during our campfire and ate all of our marshmallows. They would come right up to us. I was taping them on day 1 and he just kept coming so I slammed the camera shut and ran up ont he steps of the rv screaming and realised that the camera wasnt shut off. :lol: We kept that on tape because the kids love it. We also had a tornado warning for our area on Christmas morning. I have never been so scared in my life. We are in an rv for goodness sakes where would we go????!!! Luckily we didnt get one but Daytona got one that day right after it all went over us. We picked the dogs up at the kennel on our way back and they didnt want to let them go because they fell in love with them :lol: The caretaker in charge of them sent me a handwritten letter a week later saying how much fun they were. Rebel on the other hand had so much fun with us although you couldnt tell it on the driving days. He looked really bored then. :lol: I think that is everything. I will try to post a pic of the raccoons and the ocean on the morning of the tornado watch because it was wild that day.

Me and Jay are planning a week in Virginia just for us the last week in April. We are going to go check the mountains out. They say Virginia is for Lovers ya know. :lol:

Hi and welcome to Karen and Trish. I am Angie. I am a married to Jay. The best guy ever!!! I am a mom of 3 teens. Brit 15, Corey and Alicia 13. My husband and I are bakers. We make donuts for my MIL bakery and area convenience stores. We live in Maine with 3 dogs and 6 cats.

Noelle, CONGRATS on getting back on track. I have gained every pound back that I lost over the summer so I am somewhere around 235 agan!! It is so depressing but I am going to make an effort real soon. I promise!!!

Karen, I had a pomeranian girl for about a week before Christmas but when we got her home she started to snap at the kids whenever she felt like it. She was so sweet otherwise but when she wanted to she snapped at them. We found her a home with an elderly couple who had had one for 19 years that had recently passed away. She is spoiled rotten now. I miss her though because she was so cute. I will try to post a pic of her. She carried her stuffed animals around the house with her and would even drag it to her bed at night and cuddle it. It had a squeaker in it and she would play with it for about an hour before bed and then take it to bed. TOO CUTE!!! Your little gray one looks like a miniature of my Keeshond Candi.

Way to go on your 4 pound loss!!!!

Trish, Wow your little girl was so small. I had twins and my daughter was only 4 pounds 6 ounces when she was born and I couldnt believe how small she was. I am sorry to hear that your husband is hurting your feelings without meaning too. We can do this.

Dips, hi. What kind of dance are you learning again? I love the card you got. Too cute!!

angieME
01-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Here are some pics. The first one is of the kids at Sea World. The second one is of one of our raccoons coming out for the night. The third one is of Alicia on storm day. She isnt running. The foruth one is of Rebelopening his Christmas gift. A pack of tennis balls.

angieME
01-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Here are a few pics of halfpint while we had her. She is the cutest thing.

angieME
01-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Hee is a pic that one of the kids took on Thanksgiving that I thought was cute. The black cat is of Domino(the stray we took care of who had to be put to sleep because he was in heart failure. We loved him) the siamese cat is Teddy. The himalayan cat is Meanie(my 15 year old boy). The JR is Rebel, The Cairn mix is Mickey and the Keeshond is Candi.

Karen31
01-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Hi Angie, The pictures of the pomeranian is so cute! Of course, I may be biased since I have two of them! I would be so lost without them. They keep me laughing all the time. Karen

melekalikimaka
01-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Wow Dips, you traveled 387 miles to Maine real fast on that scooter of yours! Look what the cat dragged in!

Angie girl, we missed you!!! I feel a happy dance coming on :dance: Thanks for the PM and lots of :hug: coming your way. I am praying for you and your family to get some harmony back. I love your vacation pics and the ones of all your little fur friends. OMG that is so funny about the raccoon, you should put that up on Youtube I would love to see it :lol:

I went to a furniture store this afternoon to get a refrigerator box (to make a backdrop for something) and there were 5 feral cats that were real friendly. One looked like my black Molly cat with the long hair but it was a brownish/gray tabby, the other 4 were all smoky gray--so pretty and I wanted to grab them and take the tabby home, you know, since Leppy cat disappeared last month I feel like something's missing...

Dips'n'twists
01-19-2007, 08:42 PM
What can I say, Noelle. Every once in a while I gotta break out my super powers :yoga:

Angie- I'm so gald you are back:grouphug: And your vacation sounded quite interesting. I know one thing, racoons creep me out :eek: there would have been a different story if I came into contact with them. Love the pictures. The kids are getting so big. BTW, I'm taking Salsa and I'm having a blast!

Noelle- Congrats on your weigh in? :cheer: I don't actually weigh in until day ten of this diet that I'm on. To keep myself from weighing I had to put my scale up in the closet. It's kind of a relief not weighing myself every single day like I do. But at the same time i want to know how I'm doing. By the way, the corset may have to wait a while. My BF reminded me that he works for a courier delivery company and that Valentines day is one of thier busiest days so we may have to celebrate it the day after. :( That sucks. I'm one of those super saps who wouldn't feel the same on the 15th. I know that's silly but I think I'm still young enough to be a brat about this :snooty:

Karen- Lucky you having a birthday on V-day. One of my sister's b-day is on New Years Day, The other is Dec 29th and my older brother is april 1st. My birthday sometimes falls on election day but that's as cool as it gets. To be honest, my boyfriend is not terribly romantic either, he does it to keep me happy (in other words, in the mood ;) ) but whatever works, right? He says that he doesn't understand why women need all that mushy stuff. I told him he doesn't need to understand it just do it! I actually envy your relationship. I'm hoping that my marriage will be successful and last as long as yours.

Sapphire- We must have posted at the same time because I missed yours the first time around. Welcome aboard! Good for you on deciding to do something about your health and take control. Men are wired differently than us women and sometimes say tings without realizing the effects :foot: . I'm sure he means well. Baby weight can be very difficult on the body. Your whole metabolism changes. But with determination and a little support from your new friends (us) we'll drop some pounds together. This is the year to do it! By the way, good luck with the snow that's coming. I hate hate hate snow. I hate winter too. I must really love new york to put up with this.

Okay- let's see if I can get lucky twice...I'm off to get Kempy:scooter:

Karen31
01-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Hi Dips, Well, our marriage is kind of strange----:dizzy: We got married in 1970 and then we were divorced in 1982. During the time we were married we had two sons. :) While we were apart he married someone else and so did I. He moved to Ohio with his new wife and I moved to Kansas with my new hubby. :?: But after a few years both of those marriages went kaput! I ended up calling him here in Colorado from Kansas and we started talking and he came and got me in 1982. Then we got remarried on New Years Eve in 1992. I know it's strange... So we just figure we took a little break from each other. Now we've been married for 14 years this time. I guess he wasn't so bad after all!! SNICKER!!!

We have "THREE" storms coming in this weekend!! I really am tired of Winter too! We still have 3 foot drifts out here! YUCK!
Karen

calnative
01-19-2007, 11:22 PM
I could've sworn I was just on here this morning and now all these posts.
I do keep busy during the week. Teaching is easy, it's the planning, grading, posting grades, parent calls, :blah: :blah: :blah: that keep me busy almost every night...plus I have to spend time with Ashley, and of course since she comes first everything else is done later and I'm so tired.
I'm still feeling a bit down. I did break down and weigh again and I'm down 4.6 lbs., but the funk is still there.
:welcome: to Sapphire. I'm sure you will just love it here. These ladies are the best friends ever. I don't know what I'd do without them, and I don't ever want to find out.
I'm Carol (Cal) and I live in (usually) sunny Arizona. It's been quite cold here (cold for us that is :) . Today it rained and stayed cold...in the low 40's. I loved it. I'm a teacher; I teach 7th grade reading and writing. I love middle school and don't think I could ever go to the lower grades. I'm starting to countdown to retirement (9 years after this one). I'm married to an Italian man...he's from near Venice, Italy, and we have an 9y.o. daughter, Ashley. She's in 3rd grade. We travel quite a bit and spent 5 weeks last summer touring Europe and visiting hubby's relatives in Italy. We were also there for the World Cup and that was great.

Angie: So good to see you again. What awesome pics. The trials notwithstanding, it seems you had a great vacation. I do hope things work out for you soon. Along with Noelle, here's some :hug:

Noelle: Be sure to tell us all about the party. I can't believe Michael is 8 already. I can still picture him and Ashley with their swords at Disneyland.

Dips: I love reading your posts. You are so energized...I think it rubs off on me and makes me feel so much better. That Valentine card sounds great. I love it. I can't believe it's getting that close.

Karen: Take care during those storms. I can't imagine having snow like that. Of course, here people don't know what to do when the roads get a little damp...I don't know what they'd do if we ever got snow. Your girls are gorgeous; I love the pictures of them. Thank you for sharing them.

Have a great night and weekend everyone.
Kempy: Dips said she's going to go get you. Hope she finds you. :D

Cal

calnative
01-19-2007, 11:32 PM
I almost forgot. I've started physical therapy today. I have to go 3x a week for 3-4 weeks. After that I should be back to normal. I didn't mind it today; it did hurt, but at the same time it felt pretty good...especially the whirlpool. What a great way to end a day!!!

angieME
01-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Kempy, I was watching Trading Spouses last night and I didnt know the "god warrior" Lady was from your town. Do you know who she is?

Cal, How is your foot feeling now?

Karen, I hope those storms dont hit you guys too hard. We have been having really mild winters here in Maine for the last few years. I wont complain about that because I hate the snow. :lol: I have always wanted to visit Colorado...maybe someday. The pics I have seen are so pretty.

Dips, The racoons themselves were okay but when they would fight with each other or come right up to us for marshmallows was what freaked me out. We got used to them by the end of the week and now I miss them. :lol: They were alot smaller than the ones we see up here.

I am making a special supper tonight just because. We are having bacon wrapped scallops pan seared, filet mignon with peppers,onions and mushrooms, loaded mashed potatoes with pepper bacon and cheddar cheese and chocolate cake for dessert. It is a BAD BAD meal but we have all been wanting something good so I am going to make it and then I will make an effort this week to get back on track because I am so sick of losing and gaining and losing and gaining.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Karen31
01-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Well we finally made it down to Colorado Springs today. When we got up it was snowing lightly but we decided to go ahead and go since there is a 2nd and 3rd storm coming in this weekend. I bought the Walk Away the Pounds DVD. I was hoping to find the beginner one but could only find the one that has the Muscle Mile One, Walk Strong and 30 Minute Walk. I have a "Walk Aerobics" VHS that I have had for a long time. It is by "Leslie Tommelleo" and I compared the two pictures of her and I think it is the same person. Anyway, I am anxious to look at the DVD and see if I can't add that to what I'm already doing.
Well, just wanted to stop in and say HI!! Guess I'll go in and watch some tv with the hubby. Catch you later. Karen

melekalikimaka
01-21-2007, 01:33 AM
Hi ladies, boy I am beat!!! :faint: I woke up around 5 this morning and have been pretty much running around non-stop til now. I made all the goody bags, my sis and i painted and arranged the Pokemon backboard we are going to use as a go-fish type of game to win prizes and to take pictures of the kids w/their favorite Pokemon, went and did some final shopping on party food.... I am planning on being at the park around 8:30 or 9 a.m. tomorrow to blow up ballons and decorate the tent area. It will be a crazy but fun day and I wouldn't have it any other way. I will try and shoot some pictures to share later on. Eating was erratic and not really well-planned. Breakfast was a biscuit ham & sandwich w/out cheese from BK (7 pts), lunch was a grilled chix cesar from McD's and dinner was some Dino chicken nuggets from my freezer :lol: Not much in the way of fruits or veggies but I did what I could on the fly. I am sooooooo tired i need to get some rest.

Karen, I think that is the same Leslie Tomelleo (sp) or Sansone. Don't know which name is from what year. :lol: Have fun w/the new workout.

Angie, I just wanted to add that I think it's wonderful you and Jay are planning a vacation together, you two really owe it to yourselves.

Well, I am really really tired, I'll chat more tomorrow evening if I have the strength :lol:

Karen31
01-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Hi Noelle, I have been thinking about you and the birthday party, if it would have been here everyone would have had to been dressed in snow suits!! We have 18 degrees and it is snowing again. Right now there are winter storm warnings out until 11:00 tonight. I'll be watching for pics. from the birthday party.

Angie, Sorry you had to give up the little pom-- they can be kind of "snappy" I know my little Sissy is like that with my grandkids but I have just got a baby gate and I put it up at our bedroom door when they are here and tell them to leave the girls alone. Sissy was terribly abused before I got her and we;ve had her since December 16,2005 and she still won't let my hubby hold her or pet her--- unless he has food! The she will put her feet up on him just long enough to get the treat! My Ginger though pretty much loves everyone but still doesn't want to be to far from me. In fact, she likes to get on be tummy when I try to do the ab lounge! But I have to put her down after a couple because it jsut doesn't "crunch" as well when you have a 7 pound pom sitting on you!

Hi Trish, I talked to my sis wh lives in Webb City, MO and she sent pics of her church. The whole thing caved in this past Monday because of the weight of the ice. She said they had services today in the gym. I guess they had about an inch of new snow there this morning. But that is on top of the 2 inches of ice they still have on the roads.. Makes it pretty nasty back there.

Well, Just thought that I see what was going on with everyone before I start supper. I'll catch everyone later. Karen

calnative
01-21-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm done for today...very busy.
You'll never believe it, but we had snow today. Mainly flurries, but still that is something that doesn't happen here. Our dog, Tucker, was watching it come down and following a few flakes...he didn't know what to think. It was fun to watch him. I called my neighbor and she didn't realize I was talking about it snowing in our neighborhood, but she finally went outside to see for herself. The news tonight said there was snow this morning as well, and they showed pictures. The snow level is down to 1000 ft and is supposed to be the same tonight, so we may have some more in the morning.
What a crazy winter!!!!!!!!!

Cal

melekalikimaka
01-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Good Monday morning ladies. I am so glad the weekend is over! It was a fun birthday party day yesterday at the park. We had beautiful sunny weather, but it was a bit humid. We had a little bit of delays with the BBQ grill but everything turned out fine. All the people who said they were coming did and all the kids had a blast. The only mishap was during the pinata (when else right?) one of the kids w/the stick in his hand didn't keep a hold of it while he was swinging and it went flying and it hit my 14 y.o. niece square on the head--she was sitting a good 25 feet away too. I'm so glad it didn't cause any serious injury like to the eyes or something! The kid had no idea he did it of course because he was blindfolded, but I had to stop the game for a while to make sure she was ok. She's a trooper through, and stayed through the party just applying ice. That was a freaky moment. Anyway, when I go into the office i will download some pics from the camera and see what I come up with.

Cal, I can't believe you guys had snow where you are! Are you loving the cold?

Karen, BRRRRRRR!!! 18 degrees is too cold for me! I'm sorry to hear about your sister's church. I hope no one was injured when it happened. God will provide right?

Anyway, I guess I better get a move on to my office, it's only past 11 a.m. :lol:

Have a good one ladies.

sapphire35
01-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Hello ladies :wave: :wave:

I normally have hard time posting on the weekend because my hubby hogs the :comp:

Congratulations :bravo: :carrot: to Calnative and Noelle for the weight loss great job.

Karen I heard about your sisters church on the news, wow what a coincidence. Thats also what I do at my job. I'm an Operations manager for a General contractor that specializes in insurance restoration.
You guys in colorado just keep get dump on with these storms. Be careful and safe. At least you can be trapped in your house with your work out videos. :D

Hi :wave: Angie, and Dips

I start at the gym tonight I'm little excited I haven't been in awhile.

Karen31
01-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Hi Noelle, That must have been pretty scary about the stick and pinata! I'll bet the kid that threw it really felt bad even though they were blind folded! Sure glad no one was hurt. But it sounds like everyone had a good time:) I'll be watching for pictures..

No one was hurt in the church thank goodness.. Some of the ladies were in there working and called my sisters hubby and said the light fixtures were falling out of the sanctuary and they could hear the building creaking and wondered whay they should do..... he just said get everyone out NOW and they did. So that was good that no one got hurt. :cp:

I had a hard time getting to the treadmill today BUT I did it::carrot: My hubby was home for part of the morning using the snow blower to clear the driveway AGAIN!! :snow4: But while he was doing that I did my 100 crunches on the ab lounge and then I just couldn't get motivated to go to the treadmill. Glad that I did now though. I still haven't watched the WATP dvd yet but will get that done too.

I usually only weigh on Fridays but decided to weigh this morning just because--- and I had lost 1 more pound over the weekend. :carrot: That made me pretty happy. Think I'll just keep my ticker where it is and only change it on Fridays.

Well, guess I'll catch you all later this evening. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day.
Karen: :dust:

Dips'n'twists
01-22-2007, 05:44 PM
It is so cold.

Karen I weep for you :cry: I couldn't handle your snow and cold. I shiver just thinking of it. (Don't we just wanna lock Noelle in an ice box for a few minutes?) :lol: Good job on getting back to the treadmil. And what an awesome story of you and your hubby once removed. True Love conquers all, right? I would celebrate both anniversaries if I were you :D

Sapphire- Way to go on getting back to the gym. Let us know how it went.

Cal- How 'bout that snow? You keep it for yourself, now cuz I don't want any.

Hey Noelle, There was a branch that fell near me and I thougjt it was from a tree, now I realize it was probably a kid trying to hit a pinata ( Yuck, Yuck, Yuck) :lol:

Hey Angie- Waiting anxiously for the pictures.

School starts back this week but I am having issues with Financial aid but what else is new :rolleyes: I gotta get that squared away.

melekalikimaka
01-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Dips :p i like cold weather, but I think 30 degrees is cold enough for me.

Here are a few pics of Michael's b-day party yesterday:
1) Me trying to light the cake with the wind blowing (I dunno if you can see my "nametag", but it has a picture of the Pokemon "Snorlax", Snorlax likes to eat and then sleep all day. :lol:. Michael is wearing the white hat.
2) Michael in front of his Pokemon board, we used this to take pictures of the kids plus used it for a fishpond game
3) Michael and his friends w/their goofy glasses, something he chose to put in their goody bags. nyuk nyuk nyuk.

melekalikimaka
01-22-2007, 06:56 PM
More pics
1) Friends in front of Pokemon board
2) My girlfriends 2 mo. old twins, aren't they sweet???
3) Michael's friend "fishing" for prizes. (notice the sun in their faces? It was HOT! :lol: That's my mom standing in the foreground, my sis in the green shirt and my oldest sis sitting on the left of my mom.

Karen31
01-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Hello All,
Well, we had a sunny day here in Colorado:) We got all the way up to 35 degrees too so that was a real heat wave!! ;) Of course they are already tracking 2 more storms for the weekend!:( I just went out on our porch and took this picture of Pikes Peak. The sun was still on it and it looked so pretty. I just wanted to share.

I did watch the WATP DVD today and I'm going to start that tomorrow. I hope to just add it to what I'm already doing. AND if I can do all 3 workouts on the DVD that is equal to 5 miles! YEA!! :carrot: Guess we'll see how it goes and just try to push through it.

Hope all is going good for everyone and I'll try to get back here later this evening to see what's happening. Karen

sapphire35
01-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Hello Ladies :)

Hey has anyone heard of the extreme makeover diet:?: Its the 6 week body makeover:?: I've been reading about that, what do you guys think of it?

Nice Pics Noelle, the twins are cute.

I did get back to the gym, did 45 minutes on the treadmill and some strength training. I'm moving about 3.5 miles away from where I am now. Now my gym is going to be farther away. I'm going to try not let that stop me.

I everyone has a good day. Drink lots of water today, go for 100oz today. :carrot:

melekalikimaka
01-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Hey ladies, I've been busy with just cleaning stuff up around the house and the office. I donated a whole box of used toys to the school for a carnival they are having next week. I hope my son doesn't bring any back home :lol:

Trish, I have only "heard" about the EM diet--Michael Thurmond right? I don't know much about it but from what I've seen on the show, it takes off pounds fast and tones you right up with the exercise. Good job on getting to the gym and working out.

Karen, you two and all your at home exericse, you guys are really rockin' it. I can't wait to have this knee surgery so I can get back exercising. I hate that I have pain in my knee almost all the time. I didn't think I'd miss exercising so much :lol: That is a spectacular view you have from your home, it looks so serene.

Dips, hope you got your financial aid $$ worked out.

Angie, hope your days are getting smoother too.

Kempy, where are you hiding? Are you OK? :(

Hi Cal and cw :wave:

did I miss anyone else?

Is there anyone else watching American Idol this season?

Karen31
01-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Hi There,
Gee, Noelle you sound like you have really been busy. Almost gets me in the mood for "Spring Cleaning" if I could get rid of all the snow!! :(
I did get a workout in with the WATP video today, but I only did the first 2 programs, whcih equal 3 miles. And I did my 100 crunches and did 25 minutes on the treadmill (1.10 miles) I think that the DVD that I got may be a little to intense for my "Beginner Body" so I ordered another one that I think was the first one in her series. :) I just hope I see a loss on the scale this Friday! :dizzy:

And I also LOVE American Idol..

Well, I hope everybody is doing good this evening. I'll check back later tonight.
Karen

melekalikimaka
01-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Hello ladies, how's everyone doing today? I am at work but I am wishing I was at home. It's almost time for lunch though :hun: I have been having a hard time w/wanting to munch...sweet or salty stuff, with this darn TOM it makes it difficult. I've been relying on the Smartpop microwave popcorn and the Healthy Choice fudge bars. I have gotten rid of most of the leftover b-day cake so that's a relief. I feel like I am retaining water too so I don't look forward to WI on Saturday. I am volunteering to work for a school function this weekend as well so I am going to be busy.

Karen, did you catch American Idol last night? I was at a meeting so I missed it. How were the people of NY? Any new shining stars ya think?

Hello to everyone else. Come on out and say hi.

Karen31
01-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Well, I was a little disappointed when I got on the scales this morning and only had a 1 pound loss:( But I guess one pound is better than none so I'll take it. I am now making sure that I'm getting at least a half gallon of water through the day and I ordered the other DVD from WATP that has the Get Up and Get Started on it. I think it has 3 workouts on it too.:) I'm hoping to be able to do all 3 of those, my ab lounge and 25 minutes on the treadmill. And then if I have any energy left I want to do the first 2 workouts on the WATP DVD that I already have. So that would equal about 10 miles of walking each day. Hopefully that will do something. :carrot: Ifthat doesn't work better than I think I'm going to try to look at something different than Slimfast.

I did watch American Idol and it was pretty weird!! As always-- One of the contestants wouldn't take No for an answer and security had to come and "help" him leave!! At this point I have no opinion on any of the ones that they have chosen to go through. I really wanted to see the show from Nashville but ended up missing that one.

Well, guess I'd better get going. I need to run to the vets. office and get Sissy's rabies tag engraved on the back with name, address and info. Then run into Woodland Park and get gas while it is down at $1.83!!!

I'll check back later to see how everyone is doing.
Karen

melekalikimaka
01-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Hello ladies, I am back from my WI and I was UP .8 lbs, not quite a whole pound, but still up :( . I am not too disappionted though, because I did eat a whole lot of foods which were indulgences w/Michael's birthday and all... oh well, all I can do is continue on and stay on track right? I'm journaling my food so that's an improvement from times past.

Karen, celebrate the 1 lb loss :dance: It's better than a gain anyday.

Well I am trudging away at work, nothing exciting here. Any plans for the weekend? We may go to the movies tonight.

calnative
01-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Hello Everyone

Yesterday I took Ashley to see Disney on Ice. I really like their shows. This one was called "A Disneyland Adventure" and it was about the Parr family (aka The Incredibles) going on vacation to Disneyland. We had row 1 seats and it was great. Ashley loved it.

This has been a fairly relaxing weekend. I don't get these very often. I've just been enjoying being home, playing games with Ashley, and playing outside with Tucker.

I paid off our cruise for this summer...one of the hardest checks I've had to write. :p I also bought our airline tickets to Seattle. I'm looking forward to this trip, but I told Alberto that I still wish we were going back to Europe this summer. I am already starting to save up for next year though. :D

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Cal

melekalikimaka
01-29-2007, 12:34 AM
Hey ladies, just winding down on a Sunday evening. I made a baked salmon filet in the oven and just threw together some shrimp cocktail (easy, tasty and so low in points!) and Rick made a huge BBQ brisket outside on the grill. I stayed away from that. I am doing pretty good with the weekends now, instead of snacking away all day I am planning my meals and having fresh fruits and veggies around the house. I also try to stay busy so I'm not always thinking about when my next meal will be :lol:

Cal, is this the cruise you will be taking with the whole family? That will be so much fun. We haven't thought about what vacation we will do this year, but I know Rick and I will hit Las Vegas at least once, alone. We were talking about going to MN just to go somewhere different, I always wanted to check out the Mall of America!!! I want it to be during the summer though, none of this winter weather for me! I haven't been to a Disney ice show in a long time, glad you guys enjoyed.

Well, hope we have some regulars pop in tomorrow... :wave:

Kempyd
01-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Hey guys. I am sorry i have been MIA. We went home for a week and then I was still dealing with the sale of the house all last week. They were going to wire the equity from the house to me but the bank gave me the wrong number fir them to send it so I was in a mad dash trying to get that covered by Friday afternoon. I had to pay taxes and that was the money I was going to use. Now, everything is done and as of today at 10:30 the new owers have it. :cp: I did stop by there last week and pick up the potted pants that I had to leave behind (no Noelle and Cal, not pot plants) The didn't make it with out me there to care for them so I dumper them and took the pots with me. I feel much better now that that is all done.

I don't have time to read all of the posts but I do see we have 2 new people. Hi to you! :wave:

melekalikimaka
01-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Hey Kempy, glad to have you back! You must be so relieved to have your house sold. I know the new owners will be really happy too, that house was really nice. So how ya been?

Yes we have some new members on this thread, I had to go out recruiting because I was talking to myself when you guys disappeared! :lol: Hmmm, if no one bothers to come around I may just have to move house. :( I've been posting on the WW thread but here it really feels like family, ya know?

Karen31
01-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Hello Everyone, :wave:
I got the stroller for the "girls" today:cb: Now if it ever quits snowing we will be ready to get in some serious walking outside!! :woohoo: I also got the new Walk Away The Pounds DVD today so I can add those to my routine that I already have going. I'm really hoping that by the time that it gets nice enough to use the stroller I won't look like a :sumo: goodyear blimp pushing it!! Ginger and Sissy aren't to sure about it yet but I think once they have been around it a bit and realize they are going somewhere when they are in it they will be excited about it.

Sure hope everyone is having a good evening and I was just excited about getting both the stroller and the new DVD's today!!
Will catch you all tomorrow.
Karen

Kempyd
01-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Karen :lol: it took me a second to realize who you were talking about. I have "gilrs" too. I have never done those DVD's before. What part of CO are you in? I amon of the original girls here I have had my fair share of leaveing but I always return b/c they are like my family. I hope you grow to love them as much as I do.

Noelle sorry that we left you alone. I know how it sucks to be talking to yourself.

The new owners just call me and told me they love the house. She sounds really nice and I am so happy they like it. I think that she will ne able to appreciate what we have done to it.

I am having someone come out today and look at our yard for a pool. I am wondering how much it is going to run us though. We both have champagne taste on a beer budget so we will ahve to be carfeul. God knows I don't want to ahve to go back to work. :D

Karen31
01-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi Kempyd, Yean, I have spoiled my "girls" pretty much. But they deserve it. Ginger, the red one, I got from a shelter and Sissy the sable, I rescued from a nasty puppy mill!! But they don't have to worry about anything anymore. :) I live in a small town, Florissant, it is west of Colorado Springs. We are kind of like on the back side of Pikes Peak just about 10 miles from Cripple Creek. I've always liked it here BUT this year I'm really getting tired of all the snow! We are working on our 8th sraight weekend of snow since they are predicting it again for this weekend.:( We still have 2 and 3 foot drifts in the yard. I'm hoping that it melts by MAY!!!! :dizzy:

Your house sounds nice. If we had a pool here it would be an ice skating rink!! It would be nice though and we would definitely have the room since we have 5 acres. I love watching the deer and elk that come through here. We have had a few that like to tease the dogs from the other side of the fence and jsut run up and down with them. Pretty funny to watch.:rofl:

You have a good day.
Karen

melekalikimaka
01-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Hey ladies, we are having some crazy weather over here. Yesterday we had wind gusts up to 60 mph and the surf is just crazy big. This morning we woke up to what sounded like a hurricane, the wind was just whipping by and the rain was just coming down in buckets and for a long time. Michael's school is supposed to having a "fun week" and that means outdoors, so I hope this doesn't put a damper on their mini-carnival. The rain let up a little and I saw the sun briefly but I just poked my head outside and it is just pouring again. :( I'm glad I'm inside w/my Starbucks. :coffee:

OK I have to confess that I am getting very nervous about my knee surgery next Monday. Not the actual procedure but just the recovery afterward, like, how long will I be off my feet? Will my knee ever feel normal again? When can I get back to exercise??? This is killing me that I am doing WW again but not really able to work off some extra calories to lose faster. I guess I have to ask the doctor at my next appt. come Friday. *sigh* I hate having this anxiety.

Karen, that stroller is too cute. My friend's dog has one and for the life of her, she wouldn't walk if she didn't have to, she hates the leash. I don't even think she knows she's a dog! Your girls have beautiful coats, you must spend a lot of time brushing them out. Have you tried your new DVD yet? Your 5 acres sounds great, so does watching the wildlife.

Kempy, how big of a yard do you guys have to put a pool in? I would love a hot tub on the side too. When I used to housesit for my boss that's all I would use, usually at night :devil: Have you met any other neighbors or neighborhood dogs?

I have to get a jump on work, I have to phone in a payment before 9am or it'll be late. Chat more later.

calnative
01-30-2007, 11:04 PM
It turned cold here again. I was surprised to see it rained last night, but I don't mind; I love this weather...we get so little of it.

Karen: I'm with Noelle; that stroller is really cute. Honestly, I didn't know there were such things. Our dog loves walking, but he's pretty big...half horse I think. :rofl: I haven't figured out how to post pics here, but as soon as I can I'll send a pic to Noelle and she's pretty good at posting them. I have one of our dog, Tucker, smiling. It's too cute.

Noelle: This is a crazy winter, isn't it? They say we're having the coldest January since 1982. Again, I don't mind. The cruise we're taking this summer is the one with the family...my brother and his family, my sister Bert, and me with my family are all going. I still have one brother and two sisters who won't be able to go, but maybe another time. I'm really looking forward to it. This summer will be pretty relaxing because this is the only trip we're planning and we'll only be gone for 8-9 days. Of course, we're already saving up for next summer. I love going to Europe.

Kempy: A pool would be great. My brother's got one complete with a waterfall and it's really nice for entertaining. I like Noelle's idea of the spa.

I hope everyone else is doing great. Come out and visit.

Cal

Kempyd
01-31-2007, 02:24 PM
Hey guys. I guess I am the first one here today. I had to run some errands this morning. I am still looking for a paint color for one spareroom and our bathroom. I hate having to pick this stuff.

Karen we were in CO a couple of years ago and I just thought it was so beautiful. I thought it was funny though that everyone had Christmas trees planted right in their front yard. :lol: I am used to Oaks and Cypress down here.

Noelle I am not really certain how big the yard is but the guy didn't seem to see a problem with it. We are not going to get a hugh pool but we are going to do a spa with a waterfall off of it. Of course it is all going to depend on the price of it and the cost to run it. I really don't want to have to start working. :lol:

Cal you guys are so good at planning trips. We are usually doing things the last minute. That is kind of how our life is though.

I skipped the gym this morning. I think I may have over done it a bit and now I am sore so it is just walking the dogs today. It is ok though I have plenty to keep me busy. The furniture we bougth Saturday will be here tomorrow and I want to clean first.

melekalikimaka
01-31-2007, 05:35 PM
Hey ladies, I am at home trying to do laundry. The sun is out shining bright today but it is raining hard, weird huh? I don't mind using the dryer though. I am so hungry and I don't know what I want to eat for lunch... i guess i will have to wait another half-hour til I pick up the boy from school then I will grab something quick.

Cal, that cruise sounds so great. It is my parents' 50th wedding anniversary next year and we may throw them a big party, but we (my sisters and I) are also talking about sending them on a cruise somewhere. It may be just the Hawaiian islands or maybe Alaska. I think Alaska would be more fun!

Kempy, it must be nice to have a brand new home and be thinking about putting in a nice new pool! You're starting to remind me of those Desperate Houswives of Orange County--have you seen that show? Just kidding about that of course. You are lucky to be able to stay home and enjoy the house.

So Karen, how's your day going today?

Kempyd
02-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Good Morning! I am off to the gym. I will be abck to chat.

Kempyd
02-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Man, today was hard to get the cardio in. I did it though. I have been trying to burn 400 cals each time so I really have to book it to make it 45 mins. Normally it is no big deal but I was today. I wonder if it is b/c there has not been any sun out since Sunday. I am getting kind of bummed.

Anybody else doing anything fun today?

melekalikimaka
02-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Hey Kempy, nothing fun going on here. I just got into work and am debating whether or not to run out and get coffee or just fire up my own coffeemaker. Exciting stuff eh? :lol: Good for you for getting the cardio in. It looks like another dreary day here as well, we have a cold front coming in and more rain. That's our winter though.

I will start a new February thread when I have a spare minute. I'll be back later.

Karen31
02-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Good Morning!! Well, it was minus 20 degrees here againt this morning and we are up to 0 now!! :snow4: It is supposed to get pretty nasty this afternoon with more snow coming and winds of 40 mph!!! :( I can't remeber when we have had a Winter this bad! If that dumb ground hog sticks his head out tomorrow and sees his shadow and says we will have 6 more weeks of Winter ---- well, I may just have to shoot him!!! ;)

Kempyd-- We have lots of those Christmas trees :tree: on our land. But we use an artificial tree for Christmas!! :lol: But we do have a gree artificial tree. Just want to save the trees that we do have. We talk about getting a living tree every year but we just never seem to make the necessary preparations for it ahead of time. Like digging a hold for it before the ground freezes!!

Tonight our temps is supposed to go below freezing again with a "HIGH" temp. tomorrow of 6!! I already have a big pot of beef stew cooking for dinner.

I'm still working hard on trying to get to the 10 miles a day but haven't got there yet!! :dust: But I will!! I want to look half way decent before I start walking with the group this Spring. Plus with the stroller and the girls I will be pushing about 25 extra pounds! That's got to help get rid of some pounds! :)

Well, I hope everyone has a good day.

Noelle, I hope you can stay warm over there!! LOL!! You may need to come over and sit in front of the fire!! SNICKER!!

Take care, Karen

melekalikimaka
02-01-2007, 03:14 PM
New February thread started. Go here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1556921#post1556921