Does it Work? - Shapely Secrets

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Shapely Secrets

flagmama
01-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know anything about this? I've done some looking on the web and can't find much.:?: There is basic info about Greer Childers, the woman who sells the plan and "invented it". What I have not been able to find is any information on the "exercises" she uses. She calls it Diametric Resistance. Of course, the infomercial shows no one exercising. And there is no demonstration of any of the exercises. Supposedly it only takes 7 minutes to work your whole body and you can do it standing up or sitting down, but you don't move. :carrot: This is the same person who sells "Body Flex", a plan that utilizes deep breathing with no impact movement for exercie.

Anyone????

TIA

Sandy

meowee
01-02-2007, 02:45 PM
I've got her Body Flex DVD and like it (although I don't think I've really gotten the hang of her breathing method on there, either :dizzy: ). Didn't know whe had something else . . . I'll have to go take a look (if I can find it).

Sorry, not to be of more help. :hug:

ATSBeautiful
01-04-2007, 09:07 PM
I used her Body Flex system 10 yrs ago and lost 35lbs in 3 months with no diet changes. I loved it. I'm glad I read your post....starting back tomorrow! Don't know about the new one.......Sorry. Good Luck.

Mary

westeria
01-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Have re-searched this also online, saw it on Infomercial yesterday and truly interested me as struggle with weight and tried so many non lasting things.
All the reviews i read with the exception of a couple were very positive so thought would try. Feel the reason not much information is given on her site is because she sells the program, if she revealed it no-one would buy, perhaps one has to sign something stating this!!!!:

If anyone has anymore info on a sure weight loss without all the Diet's and gyms let me know.

nelie
01-14-2007, 08:43 PM
westeria,

I have bad news for you. Every diet pill out there says you need a proper diet and exercise for them to work which basically means the only sure fire way to lose weight is through eating right and exercising. I don't think that will ever change.

sportmom
01-14-2007, 10:50 PM
The FTC actually shut Greer Childs and her organization down a few years ago for her original product. You can probably google it to find it, but I was just reading it. She is back with this latest product, after cleaning up her claims and her marketing messages to be less untruthful. According to the FTC, while you could find people who did ok on the program, there were many more people who did no changes at all. I think their issue was that she said with no sweat, no dietary changes, etc, that you could lose all this weight, which we know, just ain't gonna work for the majority of people.

Link to FTC Verdict: http://www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/0323212/040901stip0323212.pdf

marbleflys
01-17-2007, 05:33 PM
If anyone remembers the old "Health-Rider" commercials.........Greer Childers was the spokesperson for THAT wonderful product....she swore it was her secret to staying in shape after blahblahblah.....

I don't even think she's been renewed by the home shopping network.

ramsprt1
01-21-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm wondering why she didn't show just one example of an exercise! :?: I'm convinced that there are no easy gimmicks! It takes hard work, consistency and knowledge of what proper foods to eat and smaller portions! You have to want to do it and it really helps to have someone who loves you to help you through it and give you the encouragement to conquer it!:bravo:

eyas
01-28-2007, 01:12 PM
I picked this up on another site. Someone was asking about if they could get an example of one of the excercises. I thought you might want to take a look at it and get some idea of how it works. Commentor and others say it is like body flex without all the deep breathing.

"this is one of the exercises off the advanced shapely secrets...I much prefer that to the beginner shapely secrets...I hope I can explain this ok...this one is for your waist area...get seated in a chair...now while keeping your knees facing forward, twist your waist to the right holding on to the side arm of the chair (or I will actually twist and hold onto the back of the chair)...while twisted you suck in your stomach and tighten the ab area...but make sure you are not holding your breath...breathe normally while doing this...now hold the position of twisting at the waist and pulling in your tummy for 25 seconds...after 25 seconds relax for a couple seconds...now once again knees forward, twist at the waist to the right and hold onto the arm of the chair, pulling in your stomach and again hold that position for another 25 seconds...once you are done with that side, switch sides...knees forward, turn at the waist and twist to the left...suck in stomach and hold that position for 25 seconds...then relax for a couple seconds and repeat for that side, holding for another 25 seconds. Very simple exercise, but I tell ya my tummy area stays sore from this. I really give it my all when doing these exercises."

UltSoccerMom
02-02-2007, 06:28 PM
I just started it, I figure 7 minutes why not. It has only been five days but I can definitely feel my muscles. It's basically alot of squeezing with repetition. I would like more for my abs though I guess you have to buy the other dvd's for more exercises. Unlike BodyFlex, I think, she includes suggestions for diet in her 7 ways to being thin or something like that.

Vixsin
02-04-2007, 06:36 PM
I bought it. Havent decided if I'm a sucker or not yet. Tried the 7 minute thing last night. Like SoccerMom said, it's alot of squeezing your muscles. Which I'll admit after 7 minutes, my muscles were wore out. I'll give it a try tonite too. Gonna try and do it everyday. It's only 7 minutes....what the heck. I can't accept that I don't have to do anything else except that 7 minutes so I have made it part of my normal strength training routine of push ups, squats, and various other exercises. So we'll see. Anyway, wish me luck..I'll let you know how it goes.

Macmadgram
02-11-2007, 12:01 PM
I watched the Shapely Secrets infomercial this morning. After viewing it, I went to the computer and looked for info on Greer Childers and found a video of one of her exercises on YouTube (although it appears to be from her Body Works program): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYFuQXkXErg.

samanthaf63
02-11-2007, 12:54 PM
I did the original Body Flex back in 1998 and dropped from a size 24 to a size 18 in about six months. Then I started up again with the new Body Flex (with the gym bar, which is supposed to be better for 35-year-olds and up, 'cos we need more weight training) and I know I'm getting smaller again - started at about a 24 and am wearing a 20 (I'm also doing other exercise programs as well).

I got the Shapely Secrets, and it's a brutal workout. It's only 7 minutes but I do not enjoy it the way I enjoy BF or pilates or yoga. Still, I belong to another Body Flex board and there are a number of women of all ages and sizes doing very well with it. I do it when I think about it, which of course won't get me anywhere.

She now seems to have an "Abdonda" program - special breathing WITH Shapely Secrets, and yes, I ordered it (I have yet to see the infomercial). I do like her products and they do work, they're just unconventional. I do not subscribe to any of her stuff about eating less meat and drinking more water and yes, I still get results. If you're dieting already, you'll do just fine with her workouts.

I'll report back as soon as I get the new stuff.

Samantha

Macmadgram
02-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks, Samantha. I think I may order her Shapely Secrets package. It might be something to get me started. I don't have the time for a gym and I find weight lifting so time consuming. We'll see how it goes.
:dance:

wordfire
02-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Years and years ago (and I mean YEARS) there was a craze called Isometrics. basically that is all her program is with a bit of motion . Most programs tell you to breathe right and the holding muscles is all part of the weight training bit also. This is nothing you cant put together yourself with a little fact finding and basic knowledge about different programs out there. There are NO gimics and surf the net long enough and other peeps will give you all you need to know about each one of them!!!! Isometrics actually works by squeezing the muccles just like her program. {remember how as kids we used to squeeze our arms on a door frame???} same principle. have fun and i will join you fora few Python sessions lol

samanthaf63
02-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Got to call those nimrods tomorrow - still have NOT received the Abdonda thing. I have not forgotten about this thread!

samanthaf63
03-02-2007, 08:54 AM
I ordered the Abdonda series on February 9 and they shipped via UPS on 2/12. It arrived at the neighboring post office on 2/20 (and by neighboring, I mean it's 7 minutes down the road) and got lost going to MY post office. Supposedly, I'm receiving a replacement shipment.

I ordered the original Shapely Secrets last year and went through something similar. I like the products but the Shipping Department really sucks.

Wonder if it will ever arrive?

Thanks for the links!

WW lifer
03-07-2007, 07:51 PM
So glad I found this thread. I just ordered, my MIL had hip surgery and has knee problems, but REALLY wants to exercise. I ordered the set and the advanced DVD. I planned to check it out, send her the basic kit and keep the advanced DVD. I'd like to do the advanced DVD when I travel and in my office for a little break. I hope my MIL can do it... Thanks for the feedback!!

Ready2ShedLBS
03-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Kinda sounds like Pilates, where its isolating the muscle and controlled breathing.

Im going to play devils advocate here for a moment though, as much as we all would like to not have to move much to get the best of exercise, at some point everything we do on a regular basis doesnt "work" anymore and we all need a little cardio in our lives so to those who plan on doing this alone, I certainly hope you are walking at least :) Good luck with this.. I think I will try the example at work tonight since I have to sit for 8 straight hours, I should have abs of steel before too long ;)

WW lifer
03-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Kinda sounds like Pilates, where its isolating the muscle and controlled breathing.

Im going to play devils advocate here for a moment though, as much as we all would like to not have to move much to get the best of exercise, at some point everything we do on a regular basis doesnt "work" anymore and we all need a little cardio in our lives so to those who plan on doing this alone, I certainly hope you are walking at least :) Good luck with this.. I think I will try the example at work tonight since I have to sit for 8 straight hours, I should have abs of steel before too long ;)

I totally agree. I'm incorporating this into my current fitness plan (cardio and weights.) For my MIL, who isn't getting anything now, I figure this is better than nothing and hope it will help her keep her muscles from atrophying.

Ready2ShedLBS
03-09-2007, 01:58 AM
Yeah I can definitely understand with your MIL, definitely is better than nothing

samanthaf63
03-12-2007, 08:20 PM
So after the little fracas about UPS losing my order, the company re-filled it. With VHS tapes. The CSR tried to tell me that was what I ordered but I insisted (correctly and I have a copy of it) the receipt said DVD. So they are going to fill it again with the DVDs and theoretically, it will arrive within 3-5 days.

She refused to let me ship back the VHS - they're just going to ship me the correct product. So I may post these up for sale. I can't believe this has been going on since 2/9!

CaspianN0ir
03-20-2007, 04:20 AM
So after the little fracas about UPS losing my order, the company re-filled it. With VHS tapes. The CSR tried to tell me that was what I ordered but I insisted (correctly and I have a copy of it) the receipt said DVD. So they are going to fill it again with the DVDs and theoretically, it will arrive within 3-5 days.

She refused to let me ship back the VHS - they're just going to ship me the correct product. So I may post these up for sale. I can't believe this has been going on since 2/9!

...I just read through all your posts on this topic, and that's TERRIBLE!.....
I saw the ad for Shapely Secrets the other night on TV, and ordered it last night. Hopefully I won't run into any problems with shipping. It's no fun. :(

KirstenLou
04-03-2007, 01:43 AM
hello!! just trying to figure out this whole shapely secrets thing...i have been trying to loose weight like crazy, and my husband was watching the informercial and he said it sounded like something that I would enjoy but it's hard finding out information on it...i would love to know what you know :)

lorilou531
04-21-2007, 09:44 AM
I bought this from the infomercial. One of the best parts was the free gift. It is a really pretty CZ necklace. I have received so many compliments on it. It really looks real!! I tried the DVD for about 5 days straight, and unfortunately didn't see any results. I know that I didn't give it enough time, so I decided to try again. It's been only 4 more days and I have to say that my abs and butt feels like something is really working. I am not going to measure though b/c that made me discouraged the first time. I am excited to see if it really will make a difference in 2 weeks like the claim. It is a workout though if you really give it your all. However you can figure it out yourself after only watching the videos one time. I got the booster vitamins too. They made me jittery (thanks to the green tea, so I could only use them once a day). I don't use them now. I am trying Fucothin though. I'll keep you posted on how that works.

imredee
04-26-2007, 12:57 PM
I have tried the program for 12 days. It is intense, but doesn't take long, so I can stick to it. I have already lost 3/4" in my waist, 1" in my hips and 1/2" in each thigh, 1/2" in each upper arm. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it is working for me. I was a total skeptic when I ordered, but I am pleasantly surprised with the results. The exercise example posted by "eyas" is not on my video. I'm not sure where that came from.

Basically, you stand still and working muscle against muscle. You work your abs and upperarms and back of the arms holding for 25 seconds in 8 different positions.

The lower body work out is difficult to explain, but you definitely feel it working.

There is one minute dedicated to the facial muscles.

I would highly recommend trying it.

lorilou531
04-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Well, it's been over a week and no change. It feels like it is working when you are doing the exercises, but I am exactly the same measurements as before I started. I am a little discouraged too b/c I have gained instead of losing. I am going to keep trying though!!

SherBear29
05-03-2007, 01:42 PM
:carrot:

My best friend bought it to go along with our other weight program, and as we sat down to watch it, we were amazed at how little work Greer actually did! I looked at my friend and said, "This is what you got for $40.00?? I tried it a couple of times and quit. She's been doing it for 2 weeks and she says she is feeling soreness. It's just hard to believe that you can lose all of this weight that Greer claims by doing these pretty basic exercises by standing still.

Good Luck to everybody else who tries it! You may have better luck than me!

kanikaks
05-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi,
I recenlty saw your message , thus wanted to know how good is this shapely secret program. I have tried so many pills and programs but nothing worked . I dont want to spend anything without seeing a change in myself . Thus could you please help me out and let me know any one or two exercises for thigs and hips so that i can try it out and see whether it really works for me or not . If it does then i will buy it too...

Would appreciate if you could me to try this out..

Thanks and regards,
KS

nelie
05-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Kanikaks,

Honestly, for the best hip and thigh exercises, you don't need to buy anything. Lunges and squats are awesome for the hips and thighs. I even have bad knees and I do them but not deeply. I'd recommend looking up lunge and squat technique and doing those to help shape your bottom.

lttlbttybttgrtbggt
05-06-2007, 07:52 PM
I want to lose about 15 to 20 lbs. I bought the shapely secrets DVD pakage. I lost 6 inches total and 3 lbs. in 2 weeks. I lost 2 inches on my waist, 2 inches on my hips, 3/4 inch in my arm and 1/2 inch on the thigh. At first I lost an inch on the the thigh and then gained a 1/2 inch back. I think it is muscle though. Greer states the idea is to lose inches not pounds. The isometrics do cause the body to burn fat. Also, drinking the extra water helps too. I did not get a smaller size but my clothes were too tight and now fit better. I measured every 2 days and watched the size going down. It was amazing. I feel stronger and my body did change shape even though I only lost 3 lbs. Muscle weighs more than fat. I'm stickng with it. It's just too easy!:carrot:

tyciol
05-07-2007, 09:18 AM
The reason you can't show the exercise is because there's no movement involved, they call it 'motionless exercise'. It is isometric contraction of agonist and antagonists of one or more joints. It is best served by highlighted anatomy charts and visualization. It is much easier to do if you have a history of doing real movements so you know where to feel each muscle.

Unfortunately, Shape Secret's 'diametric resistance' (I've not heard the term outside of this product, though bodybuilders do it to flex on stage...) suffers from a lack of the ability to measure how hard you are contracting. Programs reliant upon intuition and perceived exertion are usually destined to failure, scientific programs have consistant measureable weights so you can measure and be sure you are contracting a consistant amount.

Flexing's fun to do and can be done after other exercise but isn't a good core for a program. It's okay to do when waiting for a bus or something though, as unlike dropping to the ground and doing pushups it won't freak people out so much. It also doesn't really enhance your athletic abilities as it essentially trains you to waste force. Exerting force on external objects requires the contraction of agonists and relaxation of antagonist so the former can shorten and the latter can lengthen. Training both to move at once doesn't really help, even though it can strengthen the tissues and in some cases stabilize joints.

Ready2ShedLBS
05-08-2007, 09:23 PM
I saw the infomerical on this today, and it kinda mad me a little angry just because I really feel like its the biggest hunk of junk ive ever seen. Thats just my personal opinion. I am sitting here debating on should I order Hip Hop Abs, will it work? Then I see this and people are compelled to buy it.

*Im not trying to knock anyone in this thread who did buy it, but if you arent medically incapacitated, just get up a move for crying out loud*

Soullore
05-19-2007, 08:39 AM
The basis for this system is simple isometrics, with variant positioning. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isometric_exercise has the basics. Otherwise, all this program is, is common sense.

Save yourself the cost of the program and buy an exercise book on isometrics for about 20 bucks. Also talk to your GP to ensure its the best thing for your specific body, and that you won't have any negative side effects. That way you can be informed about what you are doing, its risks and benefits, its short comings, and you can tailor any exercises to meet your specific needs.

girl81
05-20-2007, 10:03 PM
I didn't read all the replies...
I just wanted to say that i did Body flex and lost about 15lbs while doing so about 8 years ago. I personally liked it.

mvlara
05-26-2007, 11:57 AM

Hi Samantha:
So what ever happened w/ the shipment of the dvds? Did you get them? How was the program? If it was good, are you still selling the tapes?
Thanks!:woops:

skater princess
05-27-2007, 08:57 PM
I want to warn you all also, that I got the DVDs about two months ago and last month, they started shipping me extra of those fat burning pills in the kit and charging my credit card. I contacted customer service through email, and they emailed back saying I had to call customer service in person to get it taken off.

Anyways, after answering a bunch of questions, I got my money back for the pills they sent me.

As for the program, I have exercised for a long time and consider myself to be in pretty good shape ( but need to lose some weight :)) I just did not take to these DVDs. Boring, even if it was seven minutes. I say, save your m oney or buy an isometric book like the others said.

ashakari
05-28-2007, 03:21 PM
I received mine Friday, 5/25. I love it and I do her Body Flex too. YES you are automatically on autoship for the supplements, but it tells you that right on her website when you order them and get the advanced dvd free. I have no intention of continuing the autoship, I will be cancelling it when I receive the Advanced DVD. I do however, like Miracle Burn, it is awesome! I like Shapely Secrets, but it is definately over priced, in my opinion. It was an into offer of $19.99 initially and I'd like to have seen it stay that way. If I had known about it then, I'd have gotten it then, oh well, LOL. I paid full price, but I'm pleased with it so far. However, my mom has been doing that all her life; In 14 days I will note the results. I'm also on an awesome weight loss regimen and I've lost close to 40lbs since March 5 (would've lost more inches if I'd been exercising, waa waa) so I'm truly on a mission. I should reach my goal of 62 more lbs by end of summer...in time for the holiday parties, hee hee!

auroraw
06-03-2007, 05:08 AM
I received mine Friday, 5/25. I love it and I do her Body Flex too. YES you are automatically on autoship for the supplements, but it tells you that right on her website when you order them and get the advanced dvd free. I have no intention of continuing the autoship, I will be cancelling it when I receive the Advanced DVD. I do however, like Miracle Burn, it is awesome! I like Shapely Secrets, but it is definately over priced, in my opinion. It was an into offer of $19.99 initially and I'd like to have seen it stay that way. If I had known about it then, I'd have gotten it then, oh well, LOL. I paid full price, but I'm pleased with it so far. However, my mom has been doing that all her life; In 14 days I will note the results. I'm also on an awesome weight loss regimen and I've lost close to 40lbs since March 5 (would've lost more inches if I'd been exercising, waa waa) so I'm truly on a mission. I should reach my goal of 62 more lbs by end of summer...in time for the holiday parties, hee hee!

What diet have you been doing where you've lost 40lbs? That's so great and that's the kind of pace I want. Any tips would be appreciated. I haven't ordered Shapely Secrets yet but after this this, I'm very close to just getting it!

ttaybron2004
06-07-2007, 10:00 AM
I've been ready all the and I wanted to ask UltSoccerMom and Vixsin or anybody else who has ACTUALLY USED it if they've had any luck with the program. I am seriously debating getting it.

dmbgirl87
06-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Alright I'm a sucker, I just bought it.....I want to know if it really works, if not, It's going back...

cbmare
06-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Alright I'm a sucker, I just bought it.....I want to know if it really works, if not, It's going back...

I love your tattoo pictures.

aSHanIKa
06-24-2007, 02:29 AM
I bought it a few days ago and i just started it. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

CRA
06-30-2007, 10:41 PM
I had seen the Shapely Secrets infomercial a few weeks ago and was doing some research about it online. I found this forum and a few other sites and decided that I'd try it for myself.

I just started last week and even though I had never heard of this women before, I liked the way she explained things simply and liked the information in the books. Seems like she thought of all the tools to make it really easy to do.

As for the exercises, I was amazed at how sore they made me the next day after only 7 minutes and no movement.

I might add, that some people had recommended that you just look up some no movement exercises online and I did that first but wasn't very happy with how long they took. That was another reason I ordered this.

My husband decided to do this with me also. We didn't order any of the supplements though. I want to just do the basics and see how well we do.

But so far, I like what I've seen and read and it is simple to do. Even though those 7 minutes are pretty intense.

I'll be back after 2 weeks to let everyone know how we are doing.

Stephanie Estabrook
07-04-2007, 07:37 AM
Alright, now I am really curious about this. What are you girls doing to lose the weight you already have? I had a baby 3m ago, and gained 60lbs. Third child and can not seem to get weight off. Any help or suggestions? Did the gym thing for a while and gave up.

CRA
07-04-2007, 01:42 PM
ok, I said I would be back after 2 weeks but I couldn't wait.

I have no idea if this will work for anyone else, but it sure is working for me.

Over the last year, I had really put on some weight. My doctor said it was my thyroid (that is a whole other story) but anything he suggestion did nothing to help my weight except make me gain especially in the middle. I had never had weight gain in one area before in my whole life and no matter what my size was, I always had a waistline....until a year ago.

I had tried different supplements and teas to help, went for walks and climbed stairs to not much change. I do admit that I didn't do a whole lot of those things because after a week and no results I usually quit.

I really have no idea why this simple 7 minutes a day has made such a difference but it has.

After only one week, I have lost inches. The reason I know is there is a pair of jeans that I try on that I used to wear and there was a 2 inch gap at the waist between the buttons. I would pull and pull and I couldn't get them anywhere close to buttoned.

Yesterday, I got them all the way on and buttoned while standing. Now, they are still too tight to wear but just getting them on and buttoned was a big deal for me.

I do my official measuring tomorrow so will let you all know the total after 1 week.

My husband started the day after me and he says his slacks are loose in the waist. I've notice it in his face, as well.

I'm not doing anything extra either, no other exercises, no supplements, not really watching calories except for how she suggests in the 7 Secrets.
I have to keep this really simple because otherwise, I don't stick with diet and exercise programs at all.

Just an update. Good luck to everyone in whatever you all are doing.

AdoAnnie
07-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Hi, Haven't posted on 3FC for a LONG time, but was glad to find this website. I ordered the SS about 3 weeks ago and have been doing it for about a week and a half. I couldn't wait the 2 weeks to measure myself -- I'm too impatient, plus I felt like my shorts were getting looser. Now mind you, I have quite a few inches to lose, but in one week of doing SS I lost a total of 8 1/2 inches. Some places were just a 1/4 to 1/2, but in my waist (where I really need it the most) I lost 1 3/4. I haven't changed anything else about my lifestyle. My muscles are really out of shape and these exercises make me SORE, so they must be doing something. :)
I also bought the Upper and Lower body workouts with the Abondia breathing (which is if you ever did the Body Flex with the bar, the same breathing). I tried to do both the regular SS workout and the Upper back to back yesterday and wimped out half way through the 2nd workout. Who would have thought standing still was so tough. Anyway, I am very encouraged by the results and it motivated me to keep going another week. Her nattering while you are doing the routine is kind of annoying, but I just turn the sound off and listen to my IPOD. I also find myself doing the the lower routine for legs/butt every now and then throughout the day for a few seconds here and there.
Hope this input helps everyone and I'll be back to see how everyone is doing.

His Wife Marilyn
07-05-2007, 08:56 AM
I've been very tempted to order Shapely Secrets, but decided to do a little internet research first, too. A couple of people have mentioned the Wikipedia article on isometrics, and it's a very good place to start.

At the bottom of the article are links to several public domain books on isometrics that, I'll just bet, are pretty much the same material covered in Shapely Secrets.

One of them is called How to Exercise Without Moving a Muscle. Gee, sound familiar? You can download it by going to: http://www.transformetrics.com/isometrics/how-to-exercise-without-moving-a-muscle.html
I'm going to give it a two week try and then you know what happens. Anybody else game?

CRA
07-05-2007, 10:36 AM
ok, here it is, my first week results. I lost a total of 7 inches after just one week. The most dramatic was in my waistline: 2.5 inches, .5 of an inch in my hips, 1 inch arm and 3 inches in my left thigh.

The scale didn't change at all. I was skeptical about measuring because you can hold the tape measurer at a different place or hold it tighter or looser so even though I like the inch loss I measured and I tried real hard to do it exactly the same, how I really know I lost those inches is like what I posted before.

Jeans I could not at all get buttoned even with pulling and pulling, I can now get on and buttoned. There is also a dress that I've been trying to fit into. The zipper is getting closer so I will try it again next week.

It isn't just the simple 7 minute workout she takes you through on the video that I like. I like how she gives you all the other simple tools too. I need something like this to keep me going or otherwise, I know me, I'd quit. It has to be simple and easy to follow and short.

So now I am motivated to do week two and see how I do. My husband started a day after me so I we will be measuring him and see how he did.

southernsky
07-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Just joined this..I love it..Going to get the Shapely Secrets and we will see...
I have 30+ pounds to lose..The Dr. has blamed the weight gain on my malfuntioned thyroid..But wont suggest anything to help take the weight off. He did tell me........"these things happen when you get older"!.......
Im glad i found others in this support community to turn to..

Loriannc
07-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Southernsky, your doctor sounds just like mine... makes me wonder why I bother paying him. Your doctor wouldn't happen to be in Orlando, would he? If not, mebbe he's just his evil twin... :lol:

southernsky
07-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Loriannc..
Its terrible that the DR.s we have are so insensitive...Mine is in Arkansas..Could be the "evil twin" though..EEEEWWWW!!!..lol

girl81
07-07-2007, 05:37 AM
It isn't just the simple 7 minute workout she takes you through on the video that I like. I like how she gives you all the other simple tools too. I need something like this to keep me going or otherwise, I know me, I'd quit. It has to be simple and easy to follow and short.

So now I am motivated to do week two and see how I do. My husband started a day after me so I we will be measuring him and see how he did.

What other tools?

Loriannc
07-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Southernsky -

When I saw my endocrinologist for the first time before I had my biopsy (who, BTW, was featured in "Orlando" magazine's "Best Doctors 2007" issue) I asked him about diet... more protein, more fiber, what... give me some guidance here... Since this thyroid thing reared it's ugly head about 8 months ago I've packed on 55 lbs and have blown up like a blow fish... He tells me to wait till after we have the biopsy results back and we'll work it all out then. This sounds reasonable to me, so I go on, thinking we're gonna get on track after this. WRONG!!! I come back, he gives me the biopsy results, tells me he's gonna put me on Synthroid to see if it will shrink my thyroid, and to come back in 6 months. I say "Well what about diet?" He tells me (get this!) "I don't deal with obesity issues". EXCUSE ME??? EXCUSE ME??? Last I checked, thyroid issues affect metabolism, which are linked to WEIGHT ISSUES, and blood sugar disorders affect metabolism which are linked to WEIGHT ISSUES and both of these are things that endocrinologists are supposedly dealing with... so where does he get off with "I don't deal with obesity issues" and "I never had much luck with it". Lordy, if he's one of Orlando's best... Houston, we've got a problem. I'm going my own way and doing my own thing, 'cause he sure was no help (of course, when I lose a boatload of weight, he'll wanna score credit for it) When he asks how I did it, my answer will be "There's no point in sharing the information with you... you don't deal in obesity issues, and will obviously have no luck with my program".

CRA
07-08-2007, 02:32 PM
What other tools?

The booklet to keep track of your progress, the booklet with the 7 secrets, the wall chart so you can see your progress, the inspirational CD about small steps, big progress.....those tools that come with the program.

Also, I didn't come in here and post how my husband did. He lost 3 pounds and 4 inches total from the arm, thigh, waist and hip.

He didn't lose as many inches as me and I told him I think it is because for those 7 minutes, when she says tense whatever group you are on, I really tense it hard. I figure, I can do anything for 25 second increments especially if it means I am a size smaller in only 2 weeks.

I had some new slacks I just bought that fit me fine and they are now after only 1.5 weeks, too big. I'm taking them back today.

Those jeans that I couldn't even get buttoned before, I reported earlier I got buttoned but were still too tight. Well, I can wear them now.

I have to tell you, after the last year of trying to lose this weight, I am really amazed at the progress. I really haven't changed me diet that much at all.

Just doing the secrets............which I find easy to incorporate into my life.

CRA
07-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Southernsky -

When I saw my endocrinologist for the first time before I had my biopsy (who, BTW, was featured in "Orlando" magazine's "Best Doctors 2007" issue) I asked him about diet... more protein, more fiber, what... give me some guidance here... Since this thyroid thing reared it's ugly head about 8 months ago I've packed on 55 lbs and have blown up like a blow fish... He tells me to wait till after we have the biopsy results back and we'll work it all out then. This sounds reasonable to me, so I go on, thinking we're gonna get on track after this. WRONG!!! I come back, he gives me the biopsy results, tells me he's gonna put me on Synthroid to see if it will shrink my thyroid, and to come back in 6 months. I say "Well what about diet?" He tells me (get this!) "I don't deal with obesity issues". EXCUSE ME??? EXCUSE ME??? Last I checked, thyroid issues affect metabolism, which are linked to WEIGHT ISSUES, and blood sugar disorders affect metabolism which are linked to WEIGHT ISSUES and both of these are things that endocrinologists are supposedly dealing with... so where does he get off with "I don't deal with obesity issues" and "I never had much luck with it". Lordy, if he's one of Orlando's best... Houston, we've got a problem. I'm going my own way and doing my own thing, 'cause he sure was no help (of course, when I lose a boatload of weight, he'll wanna score credit for it) When he asks how I did it, my answer will be "There's no point in sharing the information with you... you don't deal in obesity issues, and will obviously have no luck with my program".

I am no doctor and so do not do anything based on my suggestions, but I had to get off the synthroid and do a more natural thing.

I mean, I was just packing on the weight no matter what else I did after he put me on it.

So getting off the synthroid kept me from gaining more but then I had all this weight to get off from the last year.

I did an alternative thing with some DC's here.

BTW, I have a sister in law who is a doctor and even she says synthroid won't make you put on weight. I told her you have got to be kidding. I have read thousands of reports just like mine where it has. I think the doctors are all in denial because the drug reps give them too many free meals and trips and other perks.

Just my opinion. But I lived it and she didn't.

Loriannc
07-08-2007, 06:24 PM
I just started on the Synthroid almost 2 weeks ago, so for me, the jury is still out... but I'll keep what you said in the back of my mind. If you don't mind, would you please PT me and let me know what you did after coming off it... my curiousity is piqued.

southernsky
07-08-2007, 11:07 PM
I have been on Synthroid for over 6 months..I hate it..i agree with the term "blow fish" Loriannc..Thats exactly the way i feel!!
And your absolutely right to be annoyed with the Endocrinologist..The Nerve of that guy!!..I thought they took an ethics oath when becoming dr's..they soon fail the "humanity" test after they get a taste of the $$ and the recognition goes to their thick skulls! I am still shocked with what he told you..Stick an "obesity issue" boot up his behind..Its about time we stand up to these dr's..We pay money for their services..and what do we get??..Attitudes, poor management and bad manners!..Its like we bother them, and they dont have time for us..
Does anyone have a good dr?? One that listens and gives good advice..and recomendations..
CRA..could you please offer me your advice on what you did to get off this synthroid? Something natural..

spaceykasey247
07-09-2007, 04:23 AM
they are hard to find! The best doctor i've ever been to is my gynecologist! I love her! Dr. Firpo at Texas Women's Hospital in houston... just in case anyone wants to know.

spaceykasey247
07-09-2007, 04:25 AM
If anyone is done with their 7 minute shapely secrets DVDs or VHS tapes I would love to buy them from you, I just can't afford 40 dollars for something that i'm not sure will work, i have to pay for school!! lol. But if someone on here will sell for like fifteen or so... i'd love to take them off your hands.:hug:

AdoAnnie
07-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Hi! Today was measuring day and I was a little worried because I was only able to do the 7 minute workout 5 times this week. Last week I had lost 8 3/4 and was SO excited. Soooo....this week I measured and I had lost 71/4 inches. That gives me a total of 16" lost in my first 2 weeks of SS. I REALLY want to start doing the advanced tapes along with the regular one, but girls I am really out of shape and as crazy as this sounds this "motionless" exercise really poops me out. I am still going to try and do it at least a couple of times though.
I too battle hypothyroid and that is when I gained my weight. My son just turned 21 yesterday and when I was 9 months pregnant with him I weighed less than I do now. :( I have had the condition for over a decade and the problem is none of the meds seem to work for me. They seem to make me feel worse or give me acid reflux or all kinds of things. So, right now I am not taking any thyroid meds.
Anyway, I have rattled on here--long story short - I've lost a total of 16" in 2 weeks. (I measure = upper arm, chest, bust, waist, abs, hips, thighs and calves.) I'll let you know how it goes next Tuesday when I measure. Have a GREAT day!

southernsky
07-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Good for you AdoAnnie..16"!!

CRA
07-12-2007, 12:25 PM
I just started on the Synthroid almost 2 weeks ago, so for me, the jury is still out... but I'll keep what you said in the back of my mind. If you don't mind, would you please PT me and let me know what you did after coming off it... my curiousity is piqued.

I don't mind telling everyone. I went to the Vibe Machine.

You can go to www.vibemachine.com to find locations near you. I am no way associated with this except that I love it and it has helped me and friends and relatives of mine on many, many different health issues.

CRA
07-12-2007, 12:31 PM
ok, so today was my two week measure and weigh in. I was excited because I wore a skirt and blouse outfit yesterday very comfortably to a business meeting that I could not even get on 2 weeks ago at all. The skirt would not even zip 2 weeks ago.

So, I didn't lose any weight (yet) and my measurements were the same in all areas except lost another 1/4 inch in my bust and waist. So with the 7 inches I lost my first week, that brings me to 7.5 inches lost total so far.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with this program and think it is well worth it. I lost a lot of inches my first week and even though not so much this week, my whole body is tightening up and I have less rolls and indentations (if you know what I mean). And I am indeed a full size smaller on the top and bottom as I can wear clothes I haven't been able to wear.

For me, even on days I don't want to do it, I just tell myself, "hey, it is only 7 minutes and look how great you are looking and feeling". That is all I need to think to get me to do the 7 minutes.

So I plan on keeping this up. I am not going to add anything else to the program or do any more. I want to see where I am after another 2 weeks with just this and no other major changes.

CLiving625
07-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Does anyone want to share the secrets with the rest of us? I would love to know about it and can't afford the $40.00 right now. Maybe just a little insight on what to do would be helpful.
;)

jjnana
07-15-2007, 11:13 AM
to Loriannc, I just posted something but you may not see it. I now use armour thyroid instead of synthroid (20 yrs of synthroid UGH!!)I couldn't lose weight before and when I changed to a natural one I lost weight and the fatigue left. Look at Mary Shomann's web site. I really don't know what it is but type in the name.
I looked at shapely secret and I think it is like Life Lift by Rachelle Haines. Abdominal breahing techniques and isometrics.
Anyone who knows about this let me know

Loriannc
07-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Thanks jjnana -

I'll check it out!

jjnana
07-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Adoannie,
How long have you done shapely secret?? I haven't done that yet but have tried raschelle haines lifelift. Type breathing exercise and isometrics. non moving as well. Does it sound like yours?? Her site is Lifelift.com. Let me know if it is the same.
Ok I know this is none of my business, but don't just stop the thyroid med. Especially if you have been taking it a long time. All kinds of side effects happen. reflexes slow down, sometimes vision changes, (mine did) fuzzy thinking just to name a few. Anyway, check out armour thyroid. It saved my life. It addresses both t-3 and t-4 which synthroid does not.synthroid only does t-3 and assumes your body will convert to t-4. Not all do. Mine didn't and my endo told me I was just "menopausal" and to deal with it or find a good psychiatrist!! I found a new internal med dr. I actually went online and typed in top thyroid dr and got a list in my area and found a super one who is russian and understands that sometimes you have to step out and try something else.
Good luck and let me know about the shapely secret.

Loriannc
07-16-2007, 07:18 AM
The jury's still out as far as I'm concerned for Synthroid... I just went on it (my first thyroid med) on June 28, so it's way too soon to tell. I have been able to lose 7 pounds since I started it, and I had my TOM during that timeframe too... so we shall see. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of some really good sources of information for thyroid...

iluvshopping107
07-17-2007, 03:43 AM
I just ordered this the other day when I saw the infomercial on TV, so I'm hoping that this works for me...I just need something to help me get started :)

NHmomof6
07-19-2007, 11:59 AM
hello everyone!
I'm so glad I found this site. I was googling SS and found this link.
I, too, saw the infomercial while suffering with a little insomnia. I fell asleep while watching the food network (go figure) and woke up to the commercial.
I am VERY skeptical, though.

I've never had a weight issue. If anything, I was always TOO skinny.. but I got pregnant two years ago (after the age of 30) and gained over 50 pounds. I have yet to lose all the baby fat. It depresses me.... what happened to the size 5 I used to be? Now I'm squeezing into a size 10, sometimes need a size 12. This isn't me.

I did do weight watchers for a few months and lost about 23 pounds. I loved it... but then I got back into my old eating habits. Didn't have time to pack a lunch for work, didn't have time to make dinner so ordered out, etc. The same excuses over and over again.

I'd love to get back to my point system with the WW. I never went to meetings and just did it on my own. A friend gave me a book and a point slider and I think I did pretty well. But I need to exercise, too.

I've been home for a few weeks on medical leave and I've gained so much weight. I am fed up!

It hit me when I was sitting on the couch with an ENTIRE box of fudge on my lap. What the heck was I thinking????

So... I am really thinking about buying these DVDs but I need to stick with the WW diet and do this in order to reach my goal. I'm starting small. I'll make a 10 lb goal and when I reach that, I'll make another goal.

Good luck to everyone!

defensa24
07-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Ok, well after reading every single reply to this thread Im convinced that Shapely Secrets actually works if you put all you got into it...;)
But I cant afford to actually buy the product right this minute.
And as I can see, many of you all have already bought this product so why now let us in on the secret?!?!?!?!
:^:Please?

preacherlaura
07-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Well, it's been over a week and no change. It feels like it is working when you are doing the exercises, but I am exactly the same measurements as before I started. I am a little discouraged too b/c I have gained instead of losing. I am going to keep trying though!!

...remember that you may be gaining weight because of increased muscle mass. What matters in this program is loss of inches...not weight loss right away...you may be gaining weight because the isometrics are causing you to build muscle mass.....I would give it some more time....for only 7 minutes a day I was really skeptical too....but doing the diet and the exercise together....along with a little cardio (taking my dog for a walk everyday)....I have already seen some pretty great results....don't give up yet! :)

CRA
07-21-2007, 09:44 AM
ok, so I've been so busy, I didn't post at my three week measure and weigh in but here I am a few days later.

By measuring, I lost about another quarter inch in each area, but I am seeing such a difference in my body and how clothes fit me now.

The flabby part under my arms is all but gone and the 2 inch roll I had over my jeans in my middle is almost totally gone. I can wear a whole size smaller now and I even squeezed into something 2 sizes smaller than where I started 3 weeks ago although I couldn't comfortably wear it yet.

Thank goodness that this only takes 7 minutes because on several of the days I didn't want to do it and it was only because it was 7 minutes that I did.

I haven't actually lost any weight but I don't care because I'm getting smaller and am much more tone and flexible and feel good.

My husband has lost a total of 6 pounds and also has lost inches.

As for telling anyone the secrets, I don't think I could really describe the exercises well enough without you seeing them for yourself.

Also, for me, it is the whole package, not just the exercises. She says things and gives you guidance in simple practical terms, not really big changes to make that I know I would never stick to.

So, I'm really happy with this and will keep doing it every day.

AdoAnnie
07-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Hi, haven't posted in awhile--I have been sick--(who gets sick in the summer ????) Anyway, haven't been up to do doing the exercise too much, but with just the few days that I have been able to do it I've lost another
1 1/2 inches total all over in the areas that I measure. About a 1/4 inch in most places -- 1/2 inch in chest. That puts me up to 17 1/2 inches. I am hoping to get back into it full time again. I leave on vacation the middle of August and it would be nice to see more inches gone by then. I don't weigh myself -- can't stand the BIG number, but the fact that my clothes are getting looser and my tape measure numbers are getting smaller makes me happy!
jnana, thanks for the info on the thyroid stuff. I know I am stupid for not doing the meds and will check into what you said. Take care!

alleneaglechic
07-26-2007, 12:20 AM
Hey!

I just ordered Shapely Secrets like 5 minutes ago... and I was just wondering if later on I should order some of the more advanced videos, just stick with the original basics, or does it really matter as long as you're actually doing the exercise?!?

Wish me luck! I'll update once and IF i start seeing results... but the package won't get here for about 2 weeks.

mommyto3
07-26-2007, 09:21 PM
You've convinced me too! I just ordered it as well! I'm hoping to see results since there is very little I can do thanks to a very bad knee.:)

PolkadotManda
07-29-2007, 01:21 AM
I'm new here, I just though I'd come in and tell everyone my results with Shapely Secrets so far, I started a little over two weeks ago, and I have lost a total of 22 inches, and on Friday I bought a new dress for a party 2 sizes smaller than I typically wear! I was pretty shocked as I'm only doing the exercises and drinking a TON of water, I haven't really changed my eating habits dramatically, but its working! :) Good Luck everyone! I hope it works for you too!

mommyto3
07-29-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm new here, I just though I'd come in and tell everyone my results with Shapely Secrets so far, I started a little over two weeks ago, and I have lost a total of 22 inches, and on Friday I bought a new dress for a party 2 sizes smaller than I typically wear! I was pretty shocked as I'm only doing the exercises and drinking a TON of water, I haven't really changed my eating habits dramatically, but its working! :) Good Luck everyone! I hope it works for you too!

That's so GREAT!! Thanks so much for sharing! I can't wait for mine to arrive!!

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u215/krross2001/congratulations.gif

AdoAnnie
07-31-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi Guys! Logging in with my latest measuring results. I have been doing SS for a month and have had some good results. Especially considering that for awhile I wasn't getting in the exercise. I have not changed anything else in the way that I am doing things -- diet etc. Here are my 1 month results---

Upper Chest - 3 inches
Bust - 1 3/4 inches
Upper Arm - 1 inch
Wrist - 1/2 inch
Waist - 3 inches
Abs - 3 3/4
Hips - 2 inches
Thighs - 1 inch
Knees - 1/2 inch
Calves - 1 inch
Ankles - 3/4 inch

(I measure all of the places they used to measure me at Diet Center a million years ago.) Only those numbers were MUCH smaller back then!;)

Anyway I did the math (doubling for each arm/leg measurement each time)
and it comes out to 22 inches in a month. :carrot: Wish it was more, but it is a heck of a start. I am going to try to get in the upper and lower videos this week too. Our vacation is just 2 weeks away. Hope everyone has a great week!

Lovestorun
07-31-2007, 12:31 PM
westeria,

I have bad news for you. Every diet pill out there says you need a proper diet and exercise for them to work which basically means the only sure fire way to lose weight is through eating right and exercising. I don't think that will ever change.

EXACTLY CORRECT!!!!!!:hug:

Deltagirl2
07-31-2007, 08:07 PM
Hi,
After reading all of the posts about Shapely Secrets I broke down and ordered. I am a firm believer that in order to lose you do have to eat right and exercise. I'm working on the eating thing and I do exercise (cardio) so I'm hoping that Shapely Secrets will help with the loss of inches. Once I receive it I'll give you an update.

alleneaglechic
07-31-2007, 11:56 PM
Hi Guys! Logging in with my latest measuring results. I have been doing SS for a month and have had some good results. Especially considering that for awhile I wasn't getting in the exercise. I have not changed anything else in the way that I am doing things -- diet etc. Here are my 1 month results---

Upper Chest - 3 inches
Bust - 1 3/4 inches
Upper Arm - 1 inch
Wrist - 1/2 inch
Waist - 3 inches
Abs - 3 3/4
Hips - 2 inches
Thighs - 1 inch
Knees - 1/2 inch
Calves - 1 inch
Ankles - 3/4 inch

(I measure all of the places they used to measure me at Diet Center a million years ago.) Only those numbers were MUCH smaller back then!;)

Anyway I did the math (doubling for each arm/leg measurement each time)
and it comes out to 22 inches in a month. :carrot: Wish it was more, but it is a heck of a start. I am going to try to get in the upper and lower videos this week too. Our vacation is just 2 weeks away. Hope everyone has a great week!

Good job! I hope I'm as successful as you! Mine hasn't come in the mail yet. But congratulations! :D

AdoAnnie
08-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks SO much!!

sweetfids
08-03-2007, 05:51 PM
after reading all the post here I caved and order it. I will let you guys know if it works for me. Thanks for the wonderful posts :D they are really encouraging

Royalme
08-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Does anyone have anything to report on Shapely Secrets beyond the first two weeks. Does the technique help you to continue losing inches and weight or just the first two weeks when the muscles are tightening?

eander5696
08-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Hi all,

I also have ordered this, Ive been in therapy forever for muscle weakness i have in my neck, spine, and shoulder/back muscles. Im going to add this into my regimen and it sounds like it will help. It also won't hurt to encourage me to fire up the walk away the pounds videos. Ill keep you all posted on my progress. Not sure when it will come in yet, but Ill post my start/end dates and info!!

sweetfids
08-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Ill post my results in 2 weeks. Im so excited about it hopefully Ill have great news for you all :D

Royalme
08-06-2007, 09:03 AM
The more I read about this on this and other forums, it appears that her methods are just the same Isometric methods that are out there. Has anyone come across a good forum, or downloadable resource that shows isometric exercises? I am just reluctant to pay the $40 for this product without knowing what happens beyond the 2 weeks. Everything I have seen only talks about the results after 2 weeks. What about week 3 and 4 and 5 and 6??? :dizzy::dizzy:

alleneaglechic
08-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Mine came in the mail today... I'll post in a few weeks my results :)

alleneaglechic
08-07-2007, 01:09 AM
Okay.. well here are my thoughts after doing Shapely Secrets three times today. There are four positions where you flex and hold for 4 times, 25 seconds each. I thought 3 of the 4 were pretty easy... gave you a burn, but were easy. But when it came to doing the triceps work, I COULD NOT finish all 4 times for the life of me... my arms were on fire! But she said that was typical for your first day... since you will be getting stronger and stronger the longer you do them.

So I'm hoping that doing Shapely Secrets 3 times a day, walking 3 miles with Walk Away the Pounds, and doing exercises on 'The Bean' (plus dieting of course) will give me results! lol

Rdy2Bthn
08-08-2007, 04:04 AM
Okay, I just ordered shapely secrets tonight. AFTER I had ordered, then I decided to google Ms Childers. Didn't look good. A little further scrolling and I came across posts for this site. After reading I don't feel as discouraged. I will definitely post how it works for me.

sandyjl
08-08-2007, 12:25 PM
OK. You have all convinced me to get back to doing SS. I ordered it a few months ago but didn't stick with it. I have lost 30 lbs. since January with WW so I need to tone up. Hope this works!

AdoAnnie
08-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Hi Guys-- Did my measuring on Tuesday and lost 4 1/2 more inches. I was disappointed that more of the inches weren't in the stomach/waist area again this week like last week, but I'll take what I can get. :) That puts me up to 26 1/2 inches lost total.
alleneaglechick==I know what you mean about the triceps--My dog thought I was crazy as I stood in the living room whimpering for the 25 seconds to be done :o ! I can get thru them now, so hang in there!
Have a great day everyone!

AdoAnnie
08-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Forgot to tell the best part....put on a pair of capris that were unbearable last May and they are snug now, but totally wearable AND.....I could move the belt over 2-3 notches. :D That was even better than the tape measure.

alleneaglechic
08-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Good job!

When beginning Shapely Secrets, did anyone else think that this will not give you results? Today is my 4th day doing SS, and while the exercises give you a burn while you're doing them, i'm skeptical whether or not I will actually get results from doing this...? It seems too easy, lol. I don't know if I'm doing them wrong or something, but it's hard to believe that flexing for 7 minutes a day will give you a 20+ inch lose...

Royalme
08-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Somebody please tell me they've done this beyond the 2 weeks and what the results were!!!

AdoAnnie
08-10-2007, 10:11 AM
I started June 26th and have lost 26 1/2 inches total. I measure as i said all of the places that they used to measure when I went to Diet Center in the 80's. They are: neck, wrists, upper arms, upper chest, bust, waist, abs, hips thighs, knees, calves and ankles. I double the number on the wrists, knees etc. For example-if I lose 1/2 inch on the knee measurement - I count that as 1 inch--because I have 2 knees. :D
The inch loss has slowed down some since the first big week, but it is still working. Hope that continues. I do have quite a few "inches" to lose, so if you are a smaller person your numbers might not be so big.
I bought the upper and lower workout videos too--I tried to do the regular workout and then the upper all in the same workout time early on and it about did me in. I think I am ready to try that again -- will let you know how that goes.

galnic19
08-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Im going to order SS today. I have watched the informercial a couple times and read alot the you all have written about it. I hope it will produce some change.

mysweetnans
08-14-2007, 10:37 AM
I started SS a week ago and I lost 1" off my waist, 1" off my hips and 1/2" off my arm. I'm so happy w/ the results. And my body feels so sore w/ only 7 minutes of exercise a day. This one really works!!!

carolr3639
08-14-2007, 11:07 AM
I have the DVDs but too busy this summer to try them. Maybe I should get busy and do them!!!

iluvshopping107
08-15-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm in my 3rd week now and everyone is saying how my legs look thinner and that i've looked like i've lost weight. The first week i re-measured i lost 3 in. around my hips..1/2 an inch around my arm and 1/2 on my stomach. I only had lost a pound. The 2nd week..i was really skeptical about it and was nervous about weighing and measuring and turns out i had lost 7 lbs, but only lost an additional 1/2 around the hips. So i keep plugging away at it and see what happens. My pants fit looser, but not enough yet to go down a size. Soon though :D

Deltagirl2
08-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Hi everyone,
Quick question....Do you do the 7 minutes more than once a day? I've been doing it twice a day. Is that ok?

Congratulations mysweetnans and iluvshopping. You're doing GREAT!!!

alleneaglechic
08-16-2007, 05:10 PM
I've been doing it 2 - 3 times a day for the past few days... like she says in the video, the more you do it the more results you see, the stronger you get, and the more inches you lose. So I'm guessing doing it more isn't bad :)

gagirl123
08-16-2007, 08:22 PM
This is actually my first post here. I ordered SS a few weeks ago and got it in the mail yesterday. I am curious, how does it tone the sides of your stomache and the area above your belly button? Or do I have to wait to get results from this video and then order something more extensive for those areas?

gagirl123
08-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Are you doing the exercises more than once a day?

littlebits
08-20-2007, 12:13 PM
This is my first time on this site. I just bought shapely Secrets. I am hoping something will work. I got sick this summer and gained over 15lbs. trying to get better. Now that I am better I feel bad that I can't fit into any of my clothes and I have a cruise coming up in a month. I am really hoping that SS will work for me.

Faith 5x5
08-21-2007, 11:00 PM
I ordered SS over two weeks ago and after confusion with the shipping department and mishaps with UPS it has finally arrived. I have to say that I was ready to go when I first ordered it, but now I am feeling kind of deflated. I'm not even going to say where I am starting at with my measurements, but I will definitely be back to post my results. I'm hoping they're good!

littlebits
08-22-2007, 02:15 PM
I also had trouble with the shipping. Though I have not recieved my SS yet, they have billed my credit card. I had them rush order it for 14.95, but I did not know this was on top of the other shipping. The final cost was 0ver $70 dollars. But I am still looking forward to getting this and starting it.

Faith 5x5 keep the faith that it will work!

alleneaglechic
08-23-2007, 02:41 AM
I paid about $60 in all for Shapely Secrets, shipping included (I didn't get express). But did anyone else think this was a little expensive for the program, when all you get is 2 CDs, a tape measure, and a few little books? And plus, when my package came, the CDs cases were already busted so I had to throw them away...

I'm guilty of saying that I haven't been dedicated to the program and I haven't been doing it daily... Im going to start it back up in a few days... :)

littlebits
08-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Alleneaglechic- has ss worked for you. how are you progressing?

I am still waiting for mine in the mail. I am trying to get pregnant and need to lose weight and reading all the reviews of ss I ordered it. The 7 minutes is good time so i could this in between working. At least i am hoping it will slim me down a little.

alleneaglechic
08-24-2007, 12:24 AM
Well I only did it for like 3 days, so no, I didn't get big results.... but you can DEFINITELY feel the burn afterwards and although it sounds like an easy exercise program, I couldn't even finish them all the first day! lol :) Tricep work is a killer...

But yeah, like I said, Im about to start back up and dedicate to it for the two weeks... then Ill post results.

carolinalou
08-25-2007, 12:12 AM
I ordered the Shapely Secrets and have been doing it for one week. My results are 3 inches lost so far, and I can really feel the burn when doing it, although I must say since I'm out of shape, I haven't been putting all i could into it my first week. But I am getting able to do it better and better. I was skeptical about it when I ordered it, but it seems to be working, and I am proud of my 3 inches lost! I plan on continuing and measuring again in after another week.

littlerozzee
08-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Hey guys

you all sound like you are having great results. Are you doing it more than once a day. If so how many times a day do you do this program?

take care
Diane

carolinalou
08-28-2007, 01:03 AM
I was wondering what you all think of the Body Flex exercises by Greer Childers. It seems to have a lot of diet info, but I am more interested in the exercises, as I am already in a diet program. Can anyone clue me in on what the Body Flex program is? I am doing the Shapely Secrets one now, and have been for 1-1/2 weeks, and lost a total of 3 inches, so it's working. I wanted to know if you all thought the Body Flex works as well. Thanks!

Faith 5x5
08-29-2007, 10:30 AM
OK, here are my results after one week:

I lost 1 inch in the bust (like I need that!)
1 inch in the thighs
1.5 inches in the hips

So my one week total is a loss of 3.5 inches. There was no difference in my arms or waist though, so I am a little bummed about that, but it's only been one week.

I only do the exercises once a day, unless I am just sitting around then I might do some of the upper body stuff. I am not sure that I have been giving it my all when she says to squeeze. I think I need to get into the mentality of doing your best even if it's just for part of the count rather than going the whole time without the full effort...

I didn't change my eating habits at all, if anything I was in stress/binge mode so I guess I am lucky that I lost anything at all.

I did see that others mentioned doing the exercises 3 times a day, but I have found its not necessary, but I don't know if doing so is going to provide faster results.

I am starting to watch my calories (again) and maybe add a little cardio (Dance Revolution counts - right?) so we'll see if that helps the progress.

Littlebits, thanks for the encouragement! Let us know how you are doing when you start!

gagi
08-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Hello, this is my first time on your forum. I'm watching the Shapely Secrets Infomercial now. First, the fact that she can't even show us one exercise makes me really nervous. So I went on her website to check it out and found a "great deal" (ha!) for Essential Boost.

I've gotten sucked in before on the fat-burning pills that come automatically. Does this work? Do you have to buy it? Should I listen to that small inner voice that says this is a scam? :?:

Thanks!

carolinalou
09-02-2007, 01:41 AM
Hi you all. Well, I have now done Shapely Secrets for two weeks. Here are my results: 2-3/4" in hips, 1-1/4" in arms, 3/4" in waist, and 1/2" in thighs for a total of 5-1/4" in two weeks. I am happy with these results. I can especially tell it in my arms, they feel firmer, and I wore a shirt Thurs. night that used to be to tight in the arms. I put it on and even had a little room. And my pants are sagging some in the hip area. It don't seem like I've lost any in the waist yet, but I put on some jeans that I couldn't wear before and was able to button & zip them. So, it is working, I wish the results were more like they advertise on tv with the women losing a lots more than I did in two weeks, but---I'll take what I can get!

anabellpepper
09-03-2007, 02:11 PM
I saw this infomercial today. Sounds interesting. I know I had really good results with Pilates and this sounds like very similar principals. I just had baby#3 and am looking for something that can tone everything back up plus take 80 lbs of North Dakota off! I am walking +2 miles, following a meal plan ect, but I am not seeing any differences.

Hard part is that I am breastfeeding, so I have to make allowances for babys nutrition as well as my own. I did curves for 2 years, too. I had wonderful results initially, but after the first 6 months, nothing. It did help me to stay fit through pregnancy, I must say. I managed to actually gain only the suggested 30 lbs and was back into pre pregnancy jeans 4 weeks after delivery.

If it does work really well, I am definatley going to have to pass this on to my mother in law. She is really struggling. She lost her husband just under 2 years ago, she has diabeties and thyroid issues and sits in a car for long periods of time due to her job. If she can do these while she is driving, I think that it would be a huge benifit to her.

On a side note, I worked for Curves for 6 months and they tought us to measure people to get a degree of consistance between different people measuring them. So I thought I would share some tips. This is best done with a second party doing all the measuring.

Start at the bust- Put both arms straight out and measure at the most protruding point of the bust. Remember to keep the tape measure parallel to the floor.

Move down to the waist. To find your natural waist, put a hand on your hip and bend to that side. Where your body naturally creates a fold is your natural waist.

Next do your hips. This is possibly also going to be the place where your belly protrudes the most.

For your thigh, stand with feet shoulder width apart and pull the tape measure up until it just bumps the crotch and measure.

For your arm stick, your arm out 90 degrees from the body, measure 3 inches from the shoulder blade down the length of the arm and that is the point where you should take your measurement.

Best wishes to all you ladies who are working to lose weight. I will let you know when I get my stuff and start using it. I am betting my 2 friends that I walk with will do it with me and if they don't mind, I will share their results as well.

littlebits
09-04-2007, 07:54 PM
well, after finally recieving my ss from e-bay, i have been doing the workout for about 5 days. has anyone had any problems with their back while doing the workout? I think i am getting better at it. I am trying to get the workout in twice a day, but diffinatly once a day. couple more days and i will post my results. I hope that everyone is keeping up with their workout and doing well.

carolinalou
09-04-2007, 11:55 PM
hey littlebits. when if first started i had some trouble with my back being sore, but i think it was because of the second set of exercises where you pull your arms back. that made my back sore, but after a few more days, it was much better. and also, i realized that if i do these exercises right before bed, that i am more stiff in the morning than if i do them during the day. but it is working for me so far, so i'm gonna stick with it. they aren't really that hard to do for me, so i hope i've been putting my all into them. i am into my third week, and i will post my third-week results. best wishes to you!

littlebits
09-06-2007, 11:37 AM
here are my results afte one week:

inches lost

arm: .25
waist:2 inches
hips: 2 inches
thighs: .25

I hope everone else is doing well

carolr3639
09-08-2007, 07:47 PM
I was going to read a book while doing the eliptical but the print was too small so I though I'd break out the SS DVD that I'd been saving for winter. I did the total body workout with the abodonda breathing. Boy am I whipped? Wonder what tomorrow will bring!!! I do body flex every day.

sweetfids
09-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Okay I admit I thought this was a scam but after a week Ive lost 1 inch from every spot I measured!!!!!! I thought this wasnt working because I didnt get too tired like most of you posted and stopped after a week. Well I went out and tried on a pair of pants that well are too tight and guess what they fit comfy now! I am definitely sticking to it now and cant wait to loose more. also jump started my weightloss :D yay! I know i still got a lot to lose but this just made my week :D

littlebits
09-13-2007, 10:19 AM
ok week # 2 measurements

Start today

arm 13in 13in(gain?)
thigh 27in 25.75
waist 44in 41.25in
hips 44in 41in

that is 7inches lost. I keep forgetting to weigh myself, but if i am toning that works for me. though my waist fluctuates during the week the end results is what counts. I also didn,t workout twice this week. leaving for my cruise this weekend. don't fit into those pants i want but feel better.

carolr3639
09-13-2007, 11:45 AM
You sound like me. My waist is my problem. I'm 58 and I had a woman ask me the other day if I was pg. UGH! But the exercise seems to be helping and we'll see how it goes after a few weeks. This is my first week. I only have the Abdonda dvds... 3 of them so no book or other advice. Does she give much other advice? She had and actual meal plan in her last bf deal. Anything like that with the SS package?

littlebits
09-14-2007, 12:01 PM
carol3639 there is no meal plan. just eat well drink lots of water.fiber is a good thing. try benefiber, it takes away the bloating(just found that out) and carol a compliment-you must look young enough to be pregnant!
how are the abdonda dvds? if you are looking at ss, it works but the buy off of ebay. the company is bad. good luck working out

carolr3639
09-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Littlebits, I have been faithful to do bodyflex and the 3 abdonda DVDs all week but I am so whipped when I finish. Will this ever get easier? The back arm extension and the but lift (squat) are the hardest for me. I feel better but this always happens when I first start something. Sure hope it works. Do you mean ebay is bad? I've used it a few times.

polly47
09-18-2007, 10:49 PM
Well my SS just arrived in the post today. I just did my first workout...wow am I tired! I am really excited about this and look forward to one weeks time!
You are all doing so great I can't help but be motivated!

Kimberlir
09-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Hi, everyone!

Was wondering if I could do the old Body Flex routine while breathing regular, as you guys have described Shapely secrets is.

I wonder if that would work too?

TIA - Kim

littlebits
09-24-2007, 09:19 AM
just got back from vacation. i had all intension on doing the exercises, but was so wiped out from the day that i couldn't. well i hope after i measure that it will be all good

girl81
09-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Hi, everyone!

Was wondering if I could do the old Body Flex routine while breathing regular, as you guys have described Shapely secrets is.

I wonder if that would work too?

TIA - Kim
jmo...
I think the key to bodyflex IS the breathing. Its what elevates the heart rate and utilizes more oxygen.

AmbeKai
09-29-2007, 01:06 PM
This is my first post here but I felt that you should know. I did try the Shapely Secrets for two weeks with no results. However, that is not why I am posting. I just wanted to warn anyone who is trying to return the SS for the 30 day money back guarantee to be very careful. They start their "30 days" immediately upon their shipment of the product to you - mine took 1 1/2 weeks to get to my home (and was shipped out July 16). I used it for 2 weeks and then sent it back. When I received no refund to my credit card from them, I called customer service where they told me that they had received my package and request for refund on August 25th. Luckily I had sent it with postal delivery confirmation and had looked up the exact date they had received the package - which was August 15th, exactly 30 days after they had shipped the SS to me. They have refunded my credit card at the time of this writing. I would suggest that IF you return the item, make sure it is send delivery confirmation through the post office and also know that they count the money back guarantee time from the day the package is supposedly sent out.

katmama
10-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Hello all,
I read the posts that were here regarding Shapely Secrets before I ordered it. It seemed no one had really tried it at the time -- so I bought it. I had also ordered Greer Childers' Gymbar -- which I liked pretty well for toning my arms especially. HOWEVER, I must say, Shapely Secrets is not only a "waist" of money -- but a real joke. On the Shapely Secrets website people talked about how their abs burned after one workout --- well let me just say --- NO WAY! One of the arm movements --- maybe a little, but as far the the abs, butt or thighs -- nope - nada -- nothing. So, ladies, I'd say keep that $55 (including shipping) in your pocket! :dizzy:

spcwench
10-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Can you do ss more than once a day?

carolr3639
10-05-2007, 10:42 AM
I asked about doing ss more than once a day on another board and someone said that she didn't say you had to but I don't see any reason no to. I do bodyflex and shapely secrets with the abdonda breathing and it just gives me energy. I have to disagree with some of the posters. The first time I did shapely secrets with the abdonda breathing I was whipped. I did the total body workout, upper body and lower body. I'm getting more used to it now, thankfully. I also use an eliptical when I can find the time. But I like the bf and ss because they are so simple and you can use them throughout the day.

spcwench
10-05-2007, 01:18 PM
What is the best results anyone achieved and did they do it several times a day with dieting or without

tryin2bthin
10-15-2007, 09:20 AM
I have read all the posts here and I think I am convinced to order SS. Everyone, for the most part seems to be getting wonderful results from it. I am so glad I found this forum. When I say the infomercial, I just thought it was too good to be true. I am ordering today, so I will keep in touch after I receive mine (hopefully with no shipping problems), and let everyone know how I am doing. :carrot:

CherryBlossom
10-16-2007, 01:34 AM
Okay to those who got results without dieting.

I've been told all my life that you can't spot reduce.

Aerobic exercise gets rid of fat everything else builds muscle.

How can this (which builds muscle) decrease your inches without dieting?

How is it possible to lose inches just by doing this non-aerobic, non calorie burning routine?

Fat can't turn to muscle sooo...I'm a confused girl. :dizzy:

thenogitsune
10-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Hello,

I am new here and just started. I just ordered shapely secrets because I wanted to try it. I don't have as much motivation to do longer workouts anymore or the time. I will post my results after I receive the DVDs.

carolr3639
10-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Cherryblossom, If you get Greer's book, Be a Loser, she explains it really well. You can get it on Amazon for a penny plus $3.99 for shipping. That book is about Bodyflex but Shapely Secrets with Abonda breathing is similar and she marketed both programs.

CherryBlossom
10-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Is there anywhere she explains this for free? :rofl:

No offense to those who like her, I could be totally off base. But I understand how cardio works, and how strength training works. If this lady wants me to try this stuff out I'd like her to explain up front how it works.

I know deep breathing and contractions...but how does that equal inches lost?

tryin2bthin
10-19-2007, 11:08 PM
carolr: I am still awaiting my SS to arrive in the mail. How much success have you had with it and are you still doing the program. Just curious:)

tryin2bthin
10-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Barbara, is SS what you have used to lose weight? Congratulations on your weight loss... you are an inspiration!!

loveGodlovepeople
10-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Cherryblossom, If you get Greer's book, Be a Loser, she explains it really well. You can get it on Amazon for a penny plus $3.99 for shipping. That book is about Bodyflex but Shapely Secrets with Abonda breathing is similar and she marketed both programs.

carolr3639-

i haven't ordered ss or bf yet, but i have hoshimoto (autoimmune thyroid disease) and cannot exercise past 10 mins per dr orders due to joint aches and exhaustion. i would like to try the exercises with as little $$ investment as poss - do you think this book explains it well enough to try? the past year of being very sick has really weakened my muscles and increased my "flab" and this looks promising for me.

thanks!
gen

Amberelise
10-24-2007, 10:56 AM
This is how you can lose inches by just doing strength training.

Muscles burn a lot of calories. If you build your muscles and are not eating any more calories than you consumed before you will lose weight because you're now burning more calories. Stronger, bigger muscles equals more calories burned.

:)

There's even a book called the no-calorie diet that ONLY believes in strength training, though the writer DOES suggest a very low calorie diet in conjunction.

carolr3639
10-25-2007, 09:41 AM
LoveGodlovepeople, Yes, the book explains very well how it can work for just about anybody. I have sarcoidosis, a lung disease with other complications, and doing this has always made me feel better. You used to be able to get bodyflex on HSN really cheap because they were coming out with Shapely Secrets but I haven't checked there lately. That would be a DVD or VHS that you would get from HSN (home shopping network) and it is very easy to follow.

carolr3639
10-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Something is wrong with this thread. A lot of posts are missing on page 10. Why?

carolr3639
10-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Ok, When I post the page shows up but when I go off of page 10 and come back, only 2 posts show. So now I'll be able to see it as long as I don't go somewhere else. Strange.

thenogitsune
10-28-2007, 08:15 PM
I recieved my SS in the mail on the day I was leaving for a road trip with my mother. I tried it out right after we came home that night, but I was so tired I am not sure if I did it correctly so I did it again a few hours later after a nap and before I went to work. The back of my arms hurt a good bit. I am a waitress so my walking around for about 5 hours, my legs probably wouldn't hurt too much. Usually with any new workout I get a delayed reaction with the pain. It takes about two days or so, when I ma not busy doing other things.

I'll post my progress at the end of the first week.

theNogitsune

thenogitsune
11-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Beginning measurements October 28

Dress size - 14/16
Weight - 195lbs
Waist - 40 in
Hips - 46.5 in
Left thigh - 27.5 in
Left arm - 14 in

End of Week 1 - Nov 04

Dress size - 14

Weight - 191 lbs
Waist - 38.5 in
Hips - 43.5 in
Left thigh - 26.5 in
Left arm - 13.5 in

So far (if I have done my math right) I have lost 4 lbs and 6 inches in a week. :D

I'll keep posting my results here. Also there is a pair of jeans that i couldn't get past my thighs before and now I can. Some more inches and I will be able to button them again.:carrot:

willow140
11-04-2007, 11:21 AM
SO I just spent about an hour reading every single post about this product and decided to go ahead and register for this site. From what I've read so far opinions are varied but generally in favor of the new SS DVDs. I am also a BIG skeptic on the claims but it seems that several of you have a had great results. I already own the Body Flex videos and to be honest I can't stand them. Even with no one home I was embarrassed to do the 15 minute simple routine in front of my cats. Now I have a 10 month old baby and I think the sounds would scare him. I do admit the breathing technique she teaches is incredible but I always felt light headed afterwards and the fact that you have to do it on an empty stomach was always a problem for me. ( I did the BF exercises at night once about an hour after dinner and to be polite it wasn't pretty!) I really need to tone and lose weight but I am so overwhelmed by how much I have to lose that I can't seem to get motivated. I've given myself until next August ( my 35th B-day) to shed 65lbs. I originally started this quest on my B-day this year and was doing OK I'd lost 7 lbs in 3 weeks very slow but steady. Then I gained 2 lbs back and its been down hill since then. I can't get re-focused and I don't want to spend more money on another product with questionable results. By the way if anyone wants the BF tapes let me know I'll send them to you if you pay shipping. You can have them with my heart felt best wishes.
Jenn

clashy
11-04-2007, 11:25 AM
hello people I'm new to this forum, I'm so glad I found it, I was looking for information on shapely secrets after seeing the infomercial and found your forum and after reading your reviews, I ordered SS, I'll keep you posted when it arrives

tryin2bthin
11-04-2007, 06:25 PM
I have not measured myself, but I have lost 4 pounds since I started SS on 10/26. I will post measurements after I measure myself on Monday. Keep up the good work everyone!!!

carolr3639
11-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Wow, things are hopping here again. Jenn, Shapely Secrets doesn't have special breathing but Abdonda breathing workout is just SS with the special breathing. In her new DVDs, she doesn't talk about doing it on an empty stomach either. Thenogitsune and tryin2bthin.....way to go!!!!!!!!

brat4bear
11-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Hi. I just watched the informercial this morning and am trying to find out more about it before ordering. can anyone give me info if they have ordered it?

carolr3639
11-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Just google shapely secrets.

tryin2bthin
11-05-2007, 12:58 PM
After my first week, I have lost 2 inches on my waist, 1 inch in my hips, 1 inch in my thighs and 1 inch in my arms. I have promised myself to be more diligent this week. I skipped two days last week, so I hope to do better this week.

willow140
11-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the info I'm still on the fence but getting closer to ordering! I am following everyoner's success so far it seems to really be working. Way to go ladies your successes are inspirational!

loveGodlovepeople
11-11-2007, 10:53 AM
after a few days into this thread i did get ahold of the "be a loser" book to see what the bodyflex thing was like. and, well the breathing freaked me out a bit - and then there was the exercise routine...

ok, so i watched the shapely secrets infomercial again this morning....... and i'm wondering several things...

1) what are the 7 secrets? can anyone spill??
2) do you REALLY stay in the same basic position? (standing/sitting, etc)

gen

thenogitsune
11-11-2007, 07:03 PM
2nd weeks results

Week - Nov 11

Dress size - 12/14

Weight - 190 lbs
Waist - 37 in
Hips - 45 in - (butt lifted and became rounder?)
Left thigh - 25.5 in
Left arm - 13 in

I have lost 2 inches and 1lb. I would have lost more weight if I was eating correctly and not eating pound cake. Is it possible that my butt added a couple of inches for my waist because it lifted and became rounder? I am wondering because I am wearing size 12 pants now. Even my mother has noticed I lost a lot of inches and is going to start trying the workout with me. I even built up the muscle in my forearms.

I'll post my other results next week.

tryin2bthin
11-12-2007, 11:07 PM
I didn't lose the inches I wanted to this past week. I only lost 1 inch in my thighs. I did notice that I am building some muscle tone in my arms and my jeans are definitely fitting better. I'm just going to keep at it and see what happens.

carolr3639
11-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Good work, Tryin. Keep us posted. I do the workout just because it makes me feel better. I'm slowly losing.

tryin2bthin
11-14-2007, 06:46 PM
The workout makes me feel better also. I know there is no magic solution to weight loss, so I am happy losing it slow.

thenogitsune
11-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Has anyone else's appetite dwindled since doing SS? Mine has a bit. On Sunday I will post my new results. Oh yeah, I asked a personal trainer about the butt becoming firmer and rounder. Subsequently adding inches when measuring the waist. She told me yeah that happens. My friend confirmed it too. Her pants would fit differently when she walks too much.

tryin2bthin
11-17-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm not sure about my appetite dwindling, but I am definitely making better choices about the food I eat.

pamperedcheflady
11-17-2007, 10:15 AM
Hi there, brand new to this board.

I used Body Flex with Weight Watchers in 2001, and lost 50 lbs. and about 58 inches in 6 months, going from 196 to 146 and a size 18/20 to a 10.

I just ordered Shapely Secrets, I'm hoping it will help get me going again, as I'm back up to 189 and a size 16. :(

I'm excited to see the success that some of you have had!

carolr3639
11-17-2007, 10:37 AM
:welcome3: pmlady. Let us know how it goes. I'm losing weight slowly but I take prednisone so that doesn't help. SS and BF just make me feel better and get through the day.

thenogitsune
11-18-2007, 10:05 AM
3rd weeks results

Week - Nov 18

Dress size - 12

Weight - 189 lbs
Waist - 36 in
Hips - 45 in
Left thigh - 24 in
Left arm - 12.5 in

pamperedcheflady
11-19-2007, 08:38 AM
That's awesome, thenogitsune! I hope I see your results!

carolr3639
11-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Hi Amanda. Do you have relatives in London? I'm married with 10 kids. I'm still doing bodyflex everyday and shapely secrets with abdonda breathing. I lost about 20lb last yr........slow I know but I'll take it. I have about 40 to go.

pamperedcheflady
11-20-2007, 02:15 PM
No, Carol. I'm a Pampered Chef consultant, and I'm earning a trip to London! Cool, eh? We can't wait!

And I'd love to be a good bit thinner before we go!!

Wow--10 kids--that is awesome! What a great family!

findingkimagain
11-22-2007, 07:41 AM
hi ^_^ new to the forum here.

i just finished reading this entire thread (after buying SS on a whim at 5:00 in the morning... i guess the idea of eating all that turkey and pie tomorrow has me freaking out a little)... i've read everyone's reviews and they made me feel a lot better about buying this product... i promise to keep everyone update on my progress once my order arrives.

i've noticed a lot of people stopped posting after a couple weeks and i'll do my best to keep posting as long as possible so people know how it works after a month +

i really hope i get the same (or better) results as some of you have had and thanks a lot for posting your info -- it really helps.

-kim

p.s. i know there are a lot of fake posters and scam-writers on sites like these that just post in favor of products so people will buy them... i am not one of those people and i've had failures before with products from tv so i will not go easy on this system if it does not work for me.

pamperedcheflady
11-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Well, they've taken the $ out of my account, and charged me for the faster shipping, even though that charge wasn't in the confirmation email. I'll be calling on Monday just to make sure that the items shipped!

thenogitsune
11-25-2007, 10:46 PM
I slacked off this week, so I didn't lose the inches I wanted. I was way to tired from work, or maybe I built up muscle. I've been working alot lately and worked 5 shifts in 3 days. Meaning I was walking for about 12 hours strait for 2 days and a;most 7 the next. I'll kick it up this week.

pamperedcheflady
11-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Woo hoo--I just got off the phone with Customer Service; my package should be here tomorrow.

AND, because I explained to the girl that my confirmation email did not include rush shipping charges (although I had requested rush shipping), but I was charged the rush shipping charge--she's refunding me the $14.32. Nice!

Can't wait til tomorrow!

carolr3639
11-26-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm doing a few of the breathing exercises as I wait for the computer. That's the nice thing......you can do these just about anywhere and they give you an instant boost.

tryin2bthin
11-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Well, I only lost 1 lb last week, but with it being Thanksgiving, I am pleasantly surprised and happy for that 1 lb. Have to kick myself into high gear this week with the SS. I missed quite a few days last week. It is only 7 minutes, but with a house full of company, even that 7 minutes was hard to find. I will post results next week, when I actually have results to post.

pamperedcheflady
11-27-2007, 04:35 PM
It came, it came! :) I'll do the program tonight after the kids go to bed. I don't know if I should measure myself tonight or tomorrow morning--I guess it won't make that much of a difference, eh?

shawna3warren
11-29-2007, 12:01 PM
I AM NEW TO THIS SITE:o

I HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT THIS PROGRAM AND SHOULD GET IT BY THE END OF THE WEEK SO I WILL LET YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT IT SOON:devil:

galaga6846
11-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Hey guys... I'm new here, but I've been lurking awhile (as I waited for my Shapely Secrets videos to arrive). I found them on the kitchen table this morning (hubby opened the box :^:).

I wrote down my measurements, weighed myself, and watched both videos. I have to say that the time goes by SO FAST! It was VERY HARD, you really FEEL IT WORKING!, but it's over before you know it. I was very surprised.

I have recently lost 15 lbs since September 26th (due to getting braces; I have a bad bite, but straight teeth). Losing weight fast from eating less causes one to look flabby, and I wanted something that would tone me up, but I didn't want to pay money for weights, stretch bands, and I knew that I needed more than just aerobics.

It's so easy, and goes by so fast... I know it works, but I actually wanted MORE after it was done. It's over before you know it.

Right now, I'm around 170, I'm 5'9", a size 10/12. My waist is 31, my hips are 41, my thigh is 24 1/2 around, and my upper arm is 12.25. I don't have a LOT of weight to lose, but I wanna tone up. I am not unhappy with the size or shape of my body, just the jiggle. Hopefully this is help firm me up!

galaga6846
11-30-2007, 12:38 PM
just a test

some1sospecial
11-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Well after reading the entire board about SS I am pretty sure I am going to order it. My question however is, is it better to order it online, over the phone or through a auction site like ebay? I cant really afford to be charged for supplements I dont want and all that extra stuff I've heard people are getting dooped into buying. :(

So far all I have seen was the progress of 1 person that went up to 3 weeks, anyone else do it longer than 2 weeks? If so what has your progress been?

The Rocket
12-01-2007, 06:50 PM
Hi,

I've been following your thread on Shapely Secrets, a program which I just received last week. If you do order it, you're going to likely put it in, and think to yourself "this is so ridiculous". I did anyway... But I've done the program 2 days in a row now, and I can REALLY feel the soreness in my muscles which is good!! Not sure what kind of results I'm going to get, since it's just day two, but I will keep you posted.

findingkimagain
12-01-2007, 07:02 PM
my SS arrived yesterday and i started reading over the material today. i plan to start monday (have a fresh/full week to test out the results). i'll weigh/measure tomorrow then start the tapes on monday...

her "secrets" book is kinda lame but it does do well as a quick reference for food selections and calorie burn numbers etc...

i'll keep y'all posted on my progress/results.

-kim

p.s. i ordered online and they only took out the amount i ordered it for (no extra charges) and it was delivered very quickly so yea... it takes them a while to process online orders but they are accurate and quickly delivered.

galaga6846
12-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean by it being so ridiculously easy that you don't think it's going to work... but then, you actually feel the soreness in your muscles.

I love the face exercise. It's so funny, but I do it anyway :P

The 7 secrets are all things that I already knew, and I don't think that high volume foods necessarily make you fuller. I think high protein, high fat in low doses is a lot more satisfied. If I eat bacon and eggs for breakfast, I'm not nearly as hungry two hours later then I would be if I ate what she suggests. I'm just sayin'.

galaga6846
12-02-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm here to report on day 3 of the SS workout.

I can really feel it, where my muscles are sore. It was particullarly hard to do today, I couldn't do the 7 minutes, so I broke up the arm exercises, and then did the leg exercises a couple of hours later.

I have been bending my legs a little bit, more, and more with every interval. That seems to feel like it's working my leg muscles a whole lot more.

The thing about it is that sure, my muscles are sore, but nothing like how sore they'd be if I was working out with weights.

I'll keep y'all posted.

carolr3639
12-03-2007, 09:26 AM
I've been doing bodyflex (Greer's former program) for a number of years and now Shapely Secrets wtih abdonda breathing which is really the same breathing as bodyflex. I can do it even when I don't feel too well and since I have a chronic disease that is quite often. I can do it anywhere. I'm not supposed to be in the sun so that solves that problem. I really enjoy it. If you think it is not enough, there are a number of programs.........shapely secrets, SS with abdonda breathing, total body, lower body, upper body. The same goes for body flex. They were discontintuing it on HSN right before SS came out and it was only $5 for the DVD and gym bar. So there are lots of options if you look around. I didn't buy the Shapely Secrets but paid $30 for the abdonda breathing DVDs (nearly the same thing with special breathing) and find them sufficient.

tryin2bthin
12-03-2007, 09:44 AM
I am starting my 7th week on SS. Here are my results so far.

Weight lost - 11 lbs
Waist - 4 inches lost
Hips - 3 ins. lost
Thighs - 1 1/2 ins. lost
Arms - 2 1/2 ins lost

It is not the results they say on TV, but I have not been totally faithful either. I do feel better physically doing the SS and I am happy with my progress so far.:)

loveGodlovepeople
12-04-2007, 02:19 PM
carol,

are the exercises from body flex pretty much the same as shapely secrets? i am confused by the statements they make about the SS exercises being done just standing, etc, (like it's mostly isometric?). i did get the body flex book from the library and nearly hyperventilated trying to do the breathing, so i got really discouraged and now i'm not sure what i think........

gen

p.s. nogitsune & tryin - i think you guys are doing great!

pamperedcheflady
12-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Week 1:

Well, I lost 2 inches--one in my waist, and 1/4 inch in each arm & thigh. Not bad for just standing still. LOL

I haven't been especially good with my eating, so I'll try to do better this week.

galaga6846
12-09-2007, 11:01 AM
First week check in:

I didn't gain or lose anything. My measurements are the same, but I didn't do the work out for the past three days because work has been kicking my butt! I've been working a million hours, and have no energy to do anything when I get home. Usually I have to go to bed right away, to be up early enough for the next day at work. Christmas at a flower shop is pretty crazy.

This is a bad time to start a workout regimen, but I will press on... striving toward fitness, and doing my best. It doesn't help though that I'm not losing or gaining though.

About the 167 weight... I have no idea what happened that day... I was probably just in need of a lot of water or something. I'm still 170.

tryin2bthin
12-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Hang in there galaga. I know it works. I understand about not having time. This time of year is hectic. I can imagine how busy you are. I have learned not to beat myself up if I miss a couple of days, I just resolve myself to do better next week.

thenogitsune
12-10-2007, 12:21 AM
I've been slacking off, but I haven't gained weight. I also started a new job so I am now working 2 jobs. I think my body has gotten use to doing SS by itself so I have to step it up now. (I think it is boot camps fault, I get used to certain workouts easily after a couple weeks.)I decided starting today to see how well my results will be if I work out 7 times a week. I am going to save up money on here (and hopefully in real life) and when I get to my goal I will buy my avatar a makeover (hair and clothes and all.) I will post here daily what I did that day. On the 7th day I will post my results for that week. I'll post pics eventually.

Wish me luck.
The Nogitsune

P.S. : BTW thanks for the encouragement I really needed that.

girl81
12-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Anyone who has done both bf and ss, can you please tell me the difference?

carolr3639
12-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Sorry to be gone so long. OK Gen and girl81. Body flex is stretch positions with the special breathing. She added a gym bar a few years later. Shapely Secrets started out with just isometic exercises and then a few weeks later she came out with those same exercise with abdonda breathing which is just like the bodylex breathing. I found Greer's book very inspiring and have done these exercise off and on for 10 yr. because I have a chronic lung disease and they just make me feel better. They are about the only exercise I can do when I don't feel good. The bodyflex postions were only held for a count of 8 to 10 where the shapely secrets are held for a count of 25. When you do the abdonda breathing you hold the breath for a count of 5 and keep holding the postion for a count of 25......really 25 seconds so you count 1000 one, 1000 2 etc. Hope this helps.

girl81
12-10-2007, 12:25 PM
ty carol!
I have the bodyflex program. Would you consider ss to be an upgrade/ more difficult?

Sorry to be gone so long. OK Gen and girl81. Body flex is stretch positions with the special breathing. She added a gym bar a few years later. Shapely Secrets started out with just isometic exercises and then a few weeks later she came out with those same exercise with abdonda breathing which is just like the bodylex breathing. I found Greer's book very inspiring and have done these exercise off and on for 10 yr. because I have a chronic lung disease and they just make me feel better. They are about the only exercise I can do when I don't feel good. The bodyflex postions were only held for a count of 8 to 10 where the shapely secrets are held for a count of 25. When you do the abdonda breathing you hold the breath for a count of 5 and keep holding the postion for a count of 25......really 25 seconds so you count 1000 one, 1000 2 etc. Hope this helps.

loveGodlovepeople
12-10-2007, 03:14 PM
thanks Carol! that was the clarification i needed. i think i will break down and buy ss - just waiting for the extra cash that usually winds up in my christmas stocking via my wonderful mother in law!! :)

you have all been so encouraging on this thread... even hearing about the weeks you don't do great, and you still get right back on it - it makes me feel like i will fit right in!!

Shy Moment
12-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Wanted to thank everyone. I am waiting for my SS to come in the mail today. I have lung problems and thought if nothing else, this might be good exercises for my lungs. Might help with the low lung capacity. It helping me to lose weight would be an extra bonus.

carolr3639
12-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Shy moment, My problem is sarcoidosis. What is yours? Remember when ordering Shapely Secrets there are several programs to chose from. I waited until she came out with the abdonda breathing and just got those. I had read about the rest and I wanted to spend the least amount possible. I had read elsewhere basically what it was all about.

Shy Moment
12-10-2007, 08:08 PM
carola
I have a few problems, my main problem is low lung capacity caused because of scar tissue all over my lungs. This happens when you get nasty lung ailments and they are never taken care of or when you have something like a sarcoidosis disease ( which you understand ). Going to the doc was unheard of just about when I was a kid as we were very poor. Now I am paying for it. I had no idea I had sarcoidosis until I went to a new doc. All I knew was from my late 20's the docs had me on cortisones and steroids all the time trying to " clear up my lungs ". Heck they never told me what it was, could be they didn't know them selfs. Not until I had an mri and a doc said well darn they need to stop putting you on those meds they aren't working lol did I know. Doc said the work out my lungs get is a good thing. Stretches the lungs and makes them work better. There will only be so much I can do about the problem but every little bit helps. This was the main way I put on this weight. For at least 6 years I was a walking pill bottle. Now the meds are out of the system, because I am not taking them anymore lol and I am losing weight.

carolr3639
12-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Hi Rennie. I've been on prednisone for over 2 yr. now. My problem now is high blood calcium which ruins the kidneys. I was diagnosed at age 28 and I'm now 58 so I spent about 25 yr. ingnoring it. I got really sick 2 yr. ago with kidney failure but the prednisone brought the calcium down and also the creatinine. My DH is a vet and he checks my blood every few months. I hate having it checked. I don't like the thought of upping the meds. I should say that the blood calcium problem is because of the macrophages in the little tumors in the lungs. They cause the body to hang on to the calcium. Vitamin D has something to do with it, too, and I'm not to be in the sun. Complicated, I know. Besides all this I am unisured.

Shy Moment
12-11-2007, 08:35 PM
carolr
That is one med I stay away from. They had me on it a few times for long periods of time and it helped cause me to blow up like a balloon. Was the main cause for the going on 80lbs I put on, plus a few other drugs. Also, they had me on it at the same time i was on antibiotics for pneumonia. Do you know what that med does to antibiotics, makes them useless. They almost killed me that time. I am going in for blood work after Christmas to have everything checked again from cholesterol to minimals. I am sure they will check my calcium levels then too. I want the whole work up done. I have never had problems with calcium levels but I do want to keep an eye on it. Want to know what is going on with the body. I was reading about the kidney problem. Seems like when they try to fix us they make us worse sometimes. I am one of the lucky ones. We have insurance. We pay thru the nose for it lol but at least we have it.

Also
Hubby got me the wrong videos I guess. These are called Shapely Secrets 7 Min workout. I wanted the ones with the deep breathing exercises. Going to do these anyway. Everything has to help nothing can hurt. He knows a lot about exercising and watched the video. Said they won't do anything fast but they will help to tone a bit.

girl81
12-13-2007, 12:31 AM
ty carol!
I have the bodyflex program. Would you consider ss to be an upgrade/ more difficult?

bump for carol

Shy Moment
12-13-2007, 07:09 PM
carol
What is the one called that has all the breathing exercises in it?

carolr3639
12-14-2007, 12:48 PM
The breathing DVDs are called Abdonda breathing. It is on the SS website. I don't know if the shapely secrets is more difficult then bodyflex. Holding the postions longer does seem to be more tiring which is the basic difference between bodyflex and shapely secrets.

Shy Moment
12-14-2007, 07:52 PM
You wouldn't think those little exercises would make you tired. I have to rest a few min when I am done.

pamperedcheflady
12-15-2007, 09:57 AM
I finished Week 2. No change. I don't know if this is because I'm pms'ing and eating everything that isn't nailed down? LOL

I've started doing the Body Flex workout every day, and picking and choosing which SS exercises to do with it. I do like BF!

Amanda

loveGodlovepeople
12-16-2007, 05:21 PM
well, i placed my ss order today with rush shipping.. thought i could wait until after christmas but then after all i ate at christmas parties this weekend i thought there is noooooo way i can wait to order!!!!!

can't wait to try it and let you all know how great its working.. (well, fingers crossed!!!)

Rebell
12-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Well I watched to commerical tonight and found this web site. After reading some of your responses I think I will stay with pilates for a few more weeks, but 7 minutes does sound Great. Thanks for you help.:crossed:

Merciah
12-30-2007, 05:28 AM
Hmmm... am new to this website... got here by way of Greer Childer's infomercial for Shapely Secrets... I was reading the threads on this particular forum and as I clicked to go to the next page, most of the pages have disappeared!

It went from about 16 pages, I think, to 6 pages... wow...

bizymomof5
12-31-2007, 01:55 AM
i just purchased ss and i hope that it works

Fun Size
01-02-2008, 07:07 PM
I saw that original tape, and thought it was incredibly silly. I'm kinda embarassed to say that I bought it. I WAS going to return it, but my family thought it was so funny, I decided to keep it as a "funny." I apologize if this is offensive. My guess is that she encouraged folks to eat a little less and do a little isometric-type type work in the video. It's gimmicky. Losing weight can be hard work, so folks can get crazed. Reducing portion size, getting in some more exercise (even if it is just a little more) and doing this consistently is what I feel certain does the trick. It might take a little time...but doing it and doing it for the long term is what counts. It's not always easy to have patience and that is what folks like Greer count on. IMHO, she doesn't seem to offer a very workable solution. There are so many good programs on this site to review. Also, you can post under excersize threads, mention your needs and get input from folks on what works and doesn't work.

pamperedcheflady
01-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Well, I completely fell off the wagon over the holidays. I didn't see fabulous results from SS, but I did feel like I was toning up.

Here's an embarrassing thing--I think I hurt my left elbow/tricep doing the tricep exercise! It's still bothering me. ugh.

Amanda

txaggie91
01-04-2008, 02:00 PM
I just started SS this week but am confident I will have good results.
I heard about this from a friend. She does not need to lose weight
but was wanting to try it anyway to see if it helps tone. She's done
it a few times a week for about 6 weeks. She didn't really think much
about it until she went to her hair stylist last week. Her stylist started
freaking out, asking what she's been doing because her shoulders and
back were really toned, showing her muscles. She showed me her
biceps and the change was unbelievable. She said she's really psyched
about staying with it now......and I'm psyched to get on board as well.
Again, I just started this week but I'm looking forward to my 2-week
measurements.

I can see why this works. While doing this my muscales kind of feel like
they do when I've done several reps of weight lifting. The difference is,
with this you're doing each one (and holding it) for 25 seconds. In weight
lifting it's up and down with more resting. There are 4 bicep exercies, 4
tricep exercises, 4 lower body exercises (all 25 seconds each) and a 50
second face exercise.

I'm pretty excited about this!

glenlea
01-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Hi txaggie91, I am really interested to see how you go with this. I am looking at buying it myself when my pay goes through on the 20th!!! Can you keep posting your results as you do your measurements. It will help me either get really motivated or put me off buying it. Thanks and good luck and stay excited!!

tjlosing2
01-07-2008, 11:05 PM
I haven't tried Shapely Secrets yet, but I will be ordering it. I've tried her other products and I liked them. I can not at this time do much when it comes to exercise, I have knee problems as well as back issues, so anything that will help me get into shape is well worth the try. This sounds good for people who are in the same shape as I am or who just want to get it done.

apples78
01-08-2008, 12:00 AM
I ordered SS about a year ago on a whim. I felt like an idiot after watching the DVD. I don't know what I expected the exercise routine to be, but it wasn't that! LOL After reading this thread, I think I'll dust off the DVD and try again. As someone else said, what the heck...it's only 7 minutes!

skm0005
01-13-2008, 10:20 AM
I'm with you apples78. I got it this summer and read thru the booklet and watched the dvd. I thought there was NO way this was going to help me lose weight, so back in the box it went. After reading 15 pages of testimonials, I have to go dig around the basement for that box. It may be worth it's weight in gold if it works. Thanks everyone for sharing your results. I hope to be one of you soon.
Sandy

amoracash
01-14-2008, 11:06 AM
I saw the commercial 2 nights ago and decided to order the SS. I hope it works so I can finally trim down... :carrot: I never expected to gain so much weight during my pre-pregnancy and pregnancy.. My pre-pregnancy was due to that damn Depo Shot and of course the pregnancy was added a good 50 pounds to my 160 frame... so I hoping this works....

tryin2bthin
01-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Good luck to everyone just starting out. I honestly think it works. I have lost weight and inches since starting SS and adopted better eating habits.

amoracash
01-15-2008, 02:48 PM
LoveGodlovepeople, Yes, the book explains very well how it can work for just about anybody. I have sarcoidosis, a lung disease with other complications, and doing this has always made me feel better. You used to be able to get bodyflex on HSN really cheap because they were coming out with Shapely Secrets but I haven't checked there lately. That would be a DVD or VHS that you would get from HSN (home shopping network) and it is very easy to follow.

I am so very happy you posted that you have sacriodosis.. My husband also has sarciodosis and is very tired all the time. Many times when he is working out, he will spit out blood afterward, so I think he needs something a bit less intense... Has working out with your disease always been an issue for you.

carolr3639
01-27-2008, 06:26 PM
I don't check this thread often enought....sorry. I have had sarcoidosis for 30 yr. but ignored it for 25. Now I'm on predinsone for life. My breathing bothered me in the first 5 yr. but the problem now is high blood calcium which ruins the kidneys. Really exericise has never bothered me much but my DH says I'm not very active. Mostly doctors determine how you are doing by chest xray, blood tests, and breathing tests.

amoracash
01-28-2008, 04:33 PM
I don't check this thread often enought....sorry. I have had sarcoidosis for 30 yr. but ignored it for 25. Now I'm on predinsone for life. My breathing bothered me in the first 5 yr. but the problem now is high blood calcium which ruins the kidneys. Really exericise has never bothered me much but my DH says I'm not very active. Mostly doctors determine how you are doing by chest xray, blood tests, and breathing tests.
Thanks for responding... for my husband he just found out about 3 years ago.. He had knew for sometime about a spot on his lung but never got it checked out till about 3 years ago. His breathing bothered him a lot as well in the very beginning and he does go for regular check up via chest xray and the test you take, the breathing has gotten better and the spitting up blodd and flem has just started since he become a bit over weight and the doctor advises him to work out and lose some weight as well as saying that its good for the lungs for him to work out.. He is not on predinsone and Im hoping he doesn't have to get on it because I heard it makes you gain a large amount of weight. Thanks for your response if you ever have any questions for me let me know...

carolr3639
01-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Yes, I've had a terrible time with weight gain every time they put me back on prednisone. I lost a lot of weight before I became very sick 2 yr. ago and looked so good for the first time in about 20 yr. I have 10 kids so gained weight also with pregnancies. I have lost about 20 lb in the last year which puts me at aobut 169 but I dread having the blood tests say the calcium is up and the prednisone dose must go up, too.

Scarletbegonias
01-29-2008, 11:37 PM
:smug: I'm on my second day of the SS. I wasn't too sure about it, but I had to after reading all the responses here. I didn't feel too sore today, until I went to do the exercises and then I felt it. I hope it work, I'm working towards just toning up and being healthy, if I lose weight that's just an added bonus. I'll try to keep with it to let people know of my results.

Shy Moment
01-29-2008, 11:55 PM
I have been using SS for quite some time now. Along with a balanced diet and walking/aerobic videos and some resistance training. I love the SS training. It is quick and I really do see the difference in how my body is toning since using it.

carolr3639
01-30-2008, 09:01 AM
Rennie, Do you use the Abdonda breathing with SS?

pvnetv
01-30-2008, 12:52 PM
I have also used body flex with good results.I used it a couple of years ago and went from a 26 to a 20 in a couple of months.I had back and breast surgery in 2006 and again I used body flex and went from a 24 to a 18 and I am now waiting to use it again.Just had a spinal fusion that seems to have fixed my problems.I was wondering about the shapely secrets but I can see from some of the posts it will be a long while before I can even think about doing those exercises.I am not supposed to twist or bend for months and at least I can do body flex to some degree.I am losing weight slowly and steadily.Not being able to move much before surgery,I put the weight back on :(.does anyone know of more exercises like body flex or shapely secrets that allows people like us who have to baby our bodies for a while but doesn't want to gain more weight?

carolr3639
01-31-2008, 10:16 AM
Somewhere in these pages there is a post about isometric exercises and a place on the internet that you can read about them.

mom to 13
02-01-2008, 11:18 PM
I saw the info-mercial for SS while at the hospital right after my c-section on the 20th. This is my 13th baby (a beautiful 10lb baby girl, Gabrielle Mercy). I decided to research SS a little before buying. I need a program that can be done while nursing, and this looked like I could do that. I suppose that I will have to wait a few weeks to start, since I'm not supposed to even drive or vacuum yet. So I will probably hold off getting it a couple more weeks (I would be too tempted to start right away!). Although, with the shipping issues some of you have had, it may not matter...

Anyway, I was really encouraged by all of these posts. It seems to be working for most of you, and, hey, even I may be able to do 7 min. a day! I will keep watching this forum to see your progress - please keep posting!

Oh, the start/present/goal for weights are a little fudged - 248 was right before I had the baby. I've "lost" 24 pounds in 11 days, but I only gained 19 to begin with ;)

Shy Moment
02-02-2008, 08:40 AM
carolr
When I got the ss I was wanting the one for breathing. That isn't what I got. It is a few exercises you do and have them finished in 7 min. If you do it several times a day, you will see results. I do the routine 3 times a day. I haven't found any weight loss with it, but then I haven't found any of the exercising I do to show weight loss. I am losing the same amount as I was before exercise. What I am finding is my body toning right along with the weight loss. Might be why I have no lose skin after 44lbs loss? Which is the one I want for the breathing exercises? I thought it might really help the lungs. I was so lucky I gained 8lbs with my daughter and 11 with my son. Weighed the same when I came home from the hospital as I did before I got preggie.

carolr3639
02-02-2008, 09:37 AM
The Abdonda breathing DVDs are the ones for the breathing added to the SS exercises. They are cheaper and on Greer's website.

Shy Moment
02-04-2008, 12:24 AM
carol
Thanks going to have to get them. Have to say, I remember when a 1 mile walking/aerobic video just about did me in. Now I do a 2 mile in the morning and at least 2 mile at night and about 40 min of some kind of resistance training 3 times a week. This exercising might not help me lose weight but it is doing great things for toning my body and getting my lungs working better.

Shy Moment
02-04-2008, 09:02 PM
faerie
I think she forgot. Have lots of plastic surgery and wear lots of makeup lol. I happen to like her workout. I think it is really helping to tone. I haven't seen any weight loss but I sure do see a difference in how my arm muscles look.

glenlea
02-05-2008, 01:07 AM
Hi, I am doing the SS at present, I am about 9 days into it. I haven't lost any weight at all, but I have lost centimeters. I did find though that I had a bad day eating and when I measured myself in the morning the next day I had put everything back on. So I think it is a good program and does not have any twisting or real straining to go with it. I do feel the exercises are making a difference with my toning though. My butt I am sure is looking better (still needs a **** of a lot of work though). I am going to keep going though.

pvnetv
02-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Thanx for the help!

amoracash
02-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Thanx for the info faeriegrove, I just thought that there would be somethings tailored more to the abs, like a movement just for the abs. But thanx for the the info...

Anymore updates from u ladies that have been on the program.

faeriegrove
02-06-2008, 11:59 PM
right!

her face looks like plastic and has no expression, like she is wearing a mask. Can she even form her mouth into a smile? Doesn't look like it. She has the same expression in her videos. plastic . creepy, I think.

faeriegrove
02-07-2008, 12:02 AM
don't need to buy it! I posted the essence of the whole SS booklet of info and the workout.....

catmalvo
02-14-2008, 05:12 PM
I intend to do isometrics on my abs all throughout the day. From what I have read you suck your belly button in towds your spine and point your pelvis up. I have tried it and I can feel the burn. Does anyone know if I am doing this right? Just started so I can't go by inches.
Cat'

Thanx for the info faeriegrove, I just thought that there would be somethings tailored more to the abs, like a movement just for the abs. But thanx for the the info...

Anymore updates from u ladies that have been on the program.

Michelle342
02-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Hi Everyone,
After reading everyone's stories for a while, I finally bought Shapely Secrets -- received it today. Over the past couple years my waistline has been slowly spreading so that I can't wear a lot of my clothes anymore. If for nothing else but my finances, so that I don't have to replace all of my clothes, I NEED to drop 1 to 2 dress sizes. Here goes nothing! I figured I'd post my progress here to keep me doing it. Keep me honest! Wish me luck!!
Michelle

girl81
02-16-2008, 03:42 AM
Yay! Go Michelle. :)

Michelle342
02-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Hi everyone,
It's been a week and, low and behold, I've lost two inches around my waist. I also lost a half inch at my thigh, but gained a half inch on my upper arm (muscle, I'm guessing.) I'm so surprised about the two inches that I'm wondering if I'm measuring wrong -- but I don't think so. When I do the 7 minute workout, it's pretty intense -- it's a difficult workout, but since it's only 7 minutes, I'm finding it very easy to stay with. The one thing I haven't noticed is any soreness in my muscles afterward, but I've always been pretty active -- I've been weight training at least once a week with a trainer for over a decade. I've got my fingers crossed that those two inches aren't just a fluke. I'm dying to get back into all of those slacks hanging in my closet that are so tight right now, they'd be obscene to wear!
Michelle :carrot:

buffalogal
02-24-2008, 03:18 PM
hi all, i read on page 17 that the instructions had been posted on how to do the exercises but i cannot find the thread--can anyone help? thanks so much

Suzanne 3FC
02-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Hi, we deleted the post due to copyright issues. I'm sorry :(

jenivere2006
02-24-2008, 04:18 PM
I have been lurking around this forum for over a year, so I decided to FINALLY sign up and post a message. I was wondering if someone couple PLEASE PM me the information that was posted of the Shapely Secrets Instructions. Apparently, I missed seeing it by one day! :( Just my luck!

I have 120 lbs to lose, and I have been living with my father since his illness, so I don't have the money to afford the actual dvd's. Please help!:(

I would REALLY be appreciative, since I've been looking EVERYWHERE for this information. Thanks, in advance...:hug:

Jennifer

Michelle342
02-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Hi Jennifer,
I may be able to help you. I tried sending you a private message, but apparently I need to have posted 10 times in order to do that. Let me know if you still need help.
Michelle

jenivere2006
02-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Thanks, Michelle. I think I found everything I was looking for on the net. I just need to try to find the information about the Abdonda moves.:)

ckatgo
03-02-2008, 07:03 AM
Hello Fellow Chicks!!

I have been following this thread now for quite a while and I was wondering if someone could PM me as well. I want to try it and do plan on purchasing the system as soon as the money comes clear, I am just wanting to see if it will work first.

Or, Mrs. Jenivere2006, if you don't mind pm-ing me the link you found on the web, I would be very grateful.

I really need a system that will work and at this point I am determined not to spend the money inless I KNOW it will be effective.

Thanks!