Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - eDiets Express

View Full Version : eDiets Express

Mason'sMommie
01-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Hi,
Was wondering if anyone tried eDiets Express. I would love to hear your positive and/or negative feedback. TIA.

Doreen:)

Mason'sMommie
01-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Hi All,
Well, no one replied to my post and I took the plunge anyway and joined eDiets Express. Just want to let everyone know that the food is absolutely awesome. I have tried another food delivery service in the past and there is absolutely no comparison. Saturday January 13th will be my first weigh-in and I'll keep you posted.

fitwayoflife
01-11-2007, 05:02 PM
How much is this program for a month?

Mason'sMommie
01-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Hi Fitwayoflife,
I am on the Preferred Program which is 139.65 per week, plus 29.95 for shipping. The meals come out to 19.95 per day without shipping. So with shipping and food is about 700.00 a month. I know, a bit pricey, but worth every penny if it gets me to where I need to be. I did try another food delivery service in the past and there is absolutely no comparison between the two. If you have any more questions, just let me know, I'll be happy to answer them.

fitwayoflife
01-12-2007, 03:14 AM
Thank you. I'll check back to see how much weight you lost. :) I am going to save up for it and treat myself to it for a month.

flxthct107
01-12-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm currently doing Nutrisystem and am pretty happy with it, but because of all the rave reviews about ediets I thought I would atleast try it to see the difference. I just submitted my order and my food will be delivered 1/20. In the meantime I will still be doing NS and if I like ediets more I might switch on and off till I use up my NS food.

bida
01-12-2007, 09:25 PM
hi all - anyone start a forum for this - I am on my first official day (got my delivery yest) though I didnt' like the tuna sandwich that much - i liked what i had for dinner the night before (I started a bit earlier because I know I won't be able to eat that dinner the week later)
B

Mason'sMommie
01-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Flxthc107 - I have tried Nutrisystem in the past and TO ME there is absolutely no comparison. eDiets Express is absolutely awesome. Tomorrow will be my first weigh-in. I can say that in seven days of being on program I did not like 3 things, and that's because I don't like stuffed peppers (the peppers themselves) and tuna, but the tuna sandwich I thought was good. Didn't care for the tuna casserole. Everything else was wonderful. Got my second shipment today and I'm ready to start week 2 tomorrow. I'll post my weigh-in tomorrow morning. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Bida - I would love to have a buddy if you're doing eDiets Express. Nice to have someone to compare notes with:)

Suzanne 3FC
01-12-2007, 10:50 PM
I'd love to hear more about ediets express! I started to order it, but they didn't have a vegetarian option and you aren't allowed to choose your own foods for the first shipment. Are there many meatless meals to choose from once you get started?

Mason'sMommie
01-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Hi Suzanne,
There are lots of meals to choose from within your specific plan, but you can also choose from the other plan, but that does cost for that because you are not choosing from your original plan, but the option is there.
That was a drawback during the first week that you couldn't choose your own food, but as you read up above, this past week I really only didn't like 3 things.
I really don't think there are many meatless meals, except for breakfast of course (cereal, bagels, vanilla yogurt, grapes, Nutrigrain bar, etc.) but don't quote me on that because I'm not 100 percent sure of everything they offer. If you have any more questions just let me know. I'd be happy to answer them. Good luck to you with whatever plan you choose.

flxthct107
01-13-2007, 01:24 AM
Let us know how your weigh in goes tomorrow. Good Luck!!

How long do the foods stay fresh in the fridge? Just curious in case you go out to eat, etc.

I'm looking forward to trying it. The good thing with NS is that the food won't go bad for another year or 2. LOL. If I really like ediets express I can always save the food to use when I start going back on my own after I reach goal.

Let's keep this thread going. :carrot:

Katrina :)

Mason'sMommie
01-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi All,
I had my first weigh-in this morning and I am happy to say that I am down 6.8 pounds:carrot:. This week I am going to incorporate walking into the plan and we'll see what next Saturday brings.

Hi Katrina - the foods lasted all week. I had no problem with anything going bad, that includes the milk. I checked this morning and there is no expiration date on the food, so you really can't go by that. EDiets tells you that you can replace a meal if you're going out to eat, so I'm sure they know that people don't eat everything within that week. I just stuck with their meal plan so I didn't have anything left over. I would love to keep this thread going. It's always great to have buddies.

fitwayoflife
01-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Wow, 6.8 pounds in only a week? I was thinking this was after a month. Congratulations. I'm definitely going to save my pennies for this. I can only afford it for a month but it seems worth it.

flxthct107
01-14-2007, 12:28 AM
Wow Doreen, that is awesome!!! Keep up the great work. I'm even more excited to try it now. :)

Mason'sMommie
01-14-2007, 12:49 AM
fitwayoflife and Katrina - Thanks for your kind words. I'll keep you posted, and let me know if you have any more questions.

flxthct107
01-15-2007, 01:27 AM
Have you guys heard anything about the 3 hour diet being delivered to your home? I was just looking at their website and it looks like they have a lot of the same options as ediets express and they look very similar. I wonder if they use the same place that makes the food? I kind of like that you get 2 snacks and a treat. I already ordered ediets though.

Mason'sMommie
01-15-2007, 08:38 AM
Flxthtc107 - Sorry I can't help about the 3 Hour Diet. Never heard anything about it.

flxthct107
01-16-2007, 01:21 PM
After looking at the ediets more I can always spread the food out a little so I am eating every few hours since some meals come with fruit, etc that I won't necessarily have to eat with my meal. It looks like that is kind of how the 3 hour diet can fit in so much food in to a 1200 calorie diet.

I am getting excited to get my food. I am still chucking a long on NS, but it seems the food is getting worse as every day goes on. LOL.

I already started selling some of my NS food on ebay. People really pay good $$ for it which will help me feel less guilty.

Have you started doing your walking Doreen?

I have been a lot better about getting in to the gym lately. I'm actually excited to go today because today is weigh in day. I lost 4lbs last week and I am hoping for 2lbs this week.

Miss DC
01-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Mason'sMommie,
Congrats on your success with eDiets so far. I was curious about whether you have to supplement their shipments with food from the grocery store (ie. fruit, veggies, milk, etc). I checked out their website but it is hard to tell exactly what you get until you give them your credit card info and really sign up. :) What kind of food are you typically eating in a day. I know with Jenny Craig you are getting 3 meals and 1 snack of "jenny food" and then they want you to supplement with fruit, veggies, and dairy. I always ended up spending an extra $30-50 at the grocery store on top of the cost of the Jenny Craig food.

Keep up the great work and thanks for letting us know about this program!

Mason'sMommie
01-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Flxthct107 - Yup, as far as ediets, the days that you get fruit or a granola, etc., you can spread it out throughout the day instead of eating it as part of that meal. I feel for you as far as NS. I tried to do it and just could not. To me, all the food tasted the same towards the end. Believe me, you will not think that with eDiets Express. That's really great that you can get rid of it on ebay though. I did walk Saturday night (20 minute mile and a quarter) but have not been able to since then. I'm going to try to fit it in the rest of the week though. Good luck with weigh-in. Let me know how you did.

Miss DC - Hi, thanks for the kind words on my success. You do not have to supplement anything. Everything comes with the meal (milk, fruit, peanut butter, butter, rolls). You name it, it's included. You get three meals a day, plus a snack.
Some examples:
B - Cracklin Oat Bran Cereal with skim milk
L- Chicken salad in a bread bowl
D - Beef pot roast with potatoes and corn
S - Cheese stick

B - Nutrigrain bar with grapes and skim milk
L - Sloppy Joe(BBQ sauce with Beef and Turkey) with fresh carrots and roll
D - Chicken Vesuvio (Chicken with potatoes and peas)
S - Fruit snacks
Everything is included. I have not had to buy one thing and I'm into my second week already. If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

flxthct107
01-16-2007, 05:34 PM
I lost 2lbs this week. :) I'm finally out of the 160's again, whoo hooo. I have 2 more pounds until my holiday gain is gone.

Mason'sMommie
01-16-2007, 08:11 PM
flxthct107 - WHOOOOOHOOOO on that loss:carrot:. Keep up the awesome work.

flxthct107
01-19-2007, 01:52 PM
I just looked up my delivery and it is on the truck now so I should get it tonight. Yeah! I can't wait to start tomorrow.

I am just completely done with NS. I have started listing the rest of my food on ebay. I applaud anyone that can stay on it more than a couple weeks. I need real/fresh food.

How are you doing Doreen? Did you customize your menu this week?

Mason'sMommie
01-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Hi Flxthct107,
Yes, I did customize my menu each time after the first week, but only like one or two things. It's going really good. This week I only didn't like two things and one was because I thought the sodium was a little high for me, but otherwise the meal was delicious. Unfortunately I have not had time to walk this week, only once. I am self-employed and this was a crazy week for me. But I am definitely going to try this week.
I also do applaud anyone that can do NS for the long haul. I, myself, could not do it. Everything tasted the same to me. Believe me, you will not think that with eDiets. It is the best thing I ever did. Yeah, I know it's a bit pricey, but worth every single dime. I plan on staying on it until I lose my weight and then we'll see what happens. Believe it or not, it is truly teaching me a definite lesson in portion control. I found portion control to be a problem with NS because you still had to add things in to their plan. With this plan everything is right there for you as to what you need to eat with each meal. For me personally portion control is a big issue, so it's really teaching me a lot in that regard. I can't wait until you start because it's always great to have a buddy along the way.
I'll let you know how my weigh-in goes tomorrow.

GettingSkinnySoon
01-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Hello all, I started ediets express last week. I have tried other food delivery systems such as NutriSystem, thought the food was awful did not even last two days on that, waste of money. I have also tried several times The Zone Chef delivery system, works and the food was good but extremly expensive. I thought I would try another food delivery system and search around found a few people who had some good things to say about ediets express and the cost was half the price of the zone.

The food is pretty tasty, the only thing I really did not like was the julienne vegetables that were given as a snack. Also the sicilian vegetables that come with some of the dinners lack a little bit of flavor but overall the food is decent. As far as freshness the bread on the sandwich is as fresh as if I had opened a new loaf that very day.

I would love to keep you guys posted and support each other. This will be much easier especially with others who are on the same diet plan.

My starting weight on 1/12 was 212.6 lbs.

This mornings weigh in I was 206.6 lbs.

Mason'sMommie
01-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Hi GettingSkinnySoon,
Congrats to you on that loss and it hasn't even been a week for you. Keep up the great work.
I think with every meal delivery plan there are going to be some things that you like and some things that you dislike. I can honestly say in two full weeks (tomorrow is my second weigh-in) there were a few things that I didn't like and it's mostly because of preference (don't care for stuffed peppers or tuna casserole) but the tuna sandwich was great. So when my next week's menu came up online and if those items were there that I didn't like, I just exchanged those items for something else. Since Saturday (tomorrow) starts my third week I think by now I should be pretty well set on the likes and dislikes.
I have done NS in the past and needless to say I didn't last very long cause I couldn't choke down the food any longer.
It would be great to have some buddies along the way to compare notes with. Keep me posted. I'll let you know how I do on my second weigh-in tomorrow.

Mason'sMommie
01-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Morning All,
Just wanted to share my weigh-in this morning that I am down another 1.8 pounds:carrot:. I wanted to start walking this week and was only able to get in two miles. This week I'm really going to try to up the amount. I'm doing my own little HaPpY DaNce:carrot:. Hope to hear from everyone and see how you're doing.

GettingSkinnySoon
01-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Congrats on your weight loss Doreen, I am glad to have someone to do this with also. Yes I am on my second day of week two so you are about a week ahead of me. So far so good :-). I figure since I did drop the six pounds last week that gives me that much more incentive to really stick to it this week. I know usually the first week you lose the biggest amount of weight but I am hoping that I can keep up a 1 - 2 pound loss per week. I have not added the exercise in yet. I am headed to the gym later today though after I run a few errands. I will keep you posted and everyone keep up the good work.

Mason'sMommie
01-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Hi GettingSkinny,
Good luck with the gym today. This week I promised myself I would walk every day. I started out with a mile and a half a day last week (only got two days in though), and then I'll go further once I feel I'm ready. I think for me the key is exercising. Keep me posted.

Mason'sMommie
01-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Hi GettingSkinny and flxthct107 and anyone else who joins in,
Just checking in on everyone and seeing how you're doing with the plan. Still going great for me and I actually got in my mile and a quarter walk tonight. So at least I'm off to a good start for a Monday. I'm going to try to walk every night this week. It was a bit chilly:shocksn:, but very refreshing. Keep me updated.

flxthct107
01-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Way to go Doreen!! So cool to see you lose again this week. Glad to see you are getting in your walking as well.

Welcome Getting Skinny, looks like we will have a great support group going here.

I started with dinner Saturday night. I just couldn't wait to try the food out. I had drinks with friends afterwards which was bad, but it doesn't happen very often. Oh and I ate a oatmeal cookie the next morning when I wasn't feeling very well. I immediately felt guilty and was right back on track. I only hit the gym twice last week which I am not to proud of and I'm not off to a good start with that this week, but I will be sure to work on it.

I was supposed to weigh in today, but since I didn't go to the gym I won't be. Tomorrow for sure. I feel like I have lost so my fingers are crossed.

Are you guys single? If not do you cook separately for your partner or are they on their own? I cook sometimes for my BF, but most of the time he just grabs something. I want him to do this with me, but he won't.

I like the food so far. My favorites so far is the meat lasagna and tuna sandwich, Nummy. It even made eating the veggies not so bad. LOL. I am eating the stuffed peppers tonight with chick peas. Not really looking forward to it. What are your favorite foods so far?

Do you guys eat everything in order as they tell you or do you just grab any breakfast, etc? I noticed that I have been just grabbing something, but next week I will do it exactly as planned so I don't eat all my favorites at the beginning of the week.

Also, do you add anything to your plain sandwiches? I added a teaspoon of FF miracle whip to my roast beef, some mustard to my turkey and 1 teaspoon of ketchup to my meatloaf. I can't eat dry sandwiches. I think I am also going to use some FF italian for my carrots or else I don't think I will eat them. I figure if it is less than 40 or so calories added every couple days or so that I should be OK.

Mason'sMommie
01-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Hi Flxth,
So glad to hear from you. I thought I lost you there:( . No, I am not single. I am married to my high school sweetheart and have a seven year old boy who is the light of my life. I cook them a separate meal, but my DH comments every night how good the food smells:).
Some of my favorites are the lasagna, tuna sandwich as well, spaghetti and meatballs, the muffins are awesome. I haven't had one I didn't like. Sloppy joe is good, boneless pork rib with BBQ sauce and bun, chicken salad in bread bowl, chili in bread bowl, plus many others. As you see I have quite a few. I didn't care for the stuffed peppers because I don't care for peppers cooked that way.
I have not put anything on the sandwiches, but I'm sure lo cal mayo or ketchup or even LF dressing for the vegetables is fine. I have added the o calorie butter spray to the veges. I eat the items on the menu exactly how they are written out for each day, except I may switch the snack to after dinner on occasion.
Don' beat yourself up about eating a cookie or whatever. I have had some pretzels here and there without any detriment to the program and also had birthday cake on Sunday (DH's birthday). Keep up the awesome work and it will payoff at weigh-in. Keep me posted.

Doreen:) p.s. Still getting my walking in:)

GettingSkinnySoon
01-23-2007, 11:45 PM
I am so glad you two are doing well. I do not know what is wrong with me. The weekends are the hardest for me I ate some candy and the past two days I have eaten stuff I should not be eating. I mean I lost six pounds last week I really wanted to keep this going. I am not going to get myself down about this though to quote Scarlett O'Hara "After all, tomorrow is another day." I am taking a couple of classes and after the classes I just feel like eating. I am not even eating because I am hungry. I find myself very satisfied with the food. I have not been to the gym, I have to make a conscious effort to get there. I will check in tomorrow I think I have to just come to the boards and read and post and perhaps that will just help me.

Mason'sMommie
01-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Hi GettingSkinny,
So glad to hear from you. A big huge congrats on that 6 pound loss. Way to go.
I wouldn't beat yourself up about straying here and there. Just pick yourself up and move on. When I feel like straying I just think about how bad I want this and to get this weight off ONCE AND FOR ALL. Maybe take it one day at a time or one meal at a time if you have to. Are you getting in all your water? That's a big thing for me. Don't fret, we're here for you. I'm sure you'll be very surprised how great you're doing at next weigh-in.

flxthct107
01-24-2007, 05:25 PM
I lost 2 more pounds. :) Yeah!!

I do have dinner plans tonight and Friday night, but I know where we are going so I am able to plan ahead which is nice. I plan on feeding my ediets meals to either my BF or my 9 month old for dinner those nights. Karissa loves spaghetti and BF loves chili so atleast they will not go to waste. I plan on doing my best not to plan anything else for a while, but sometimes I can't help it.

I actually liked the stuffed pepper and chickpeas last night, YUM!! I was pleasantly shocked.

I made it back in to the gym today and it felt so good. Good for you Doreen on keeping up with your walking. Does your son do it with you? I work so I am able to get to the gym at lunch while my kiddo is in daycare.

GettingSkinny, I wish I had a great motivation tip for you, but I don't. Doreen's advice is great on just taking it one meal at a time. Make sure you think about what you put in your mouth before you do. That always helps me.

We can do this ladies!!

Katrina

Mason'sMommie
01-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Wooooohoooo, Katrina, way to go:carrot:! You'll be at your goal weight in no time. Keep up the awesome work. It is sure paying off.

As far as walking goes, my son just turned 7, and I speedwalk, so it would be a little difficult for him to keep up. Now, the dog is another story:D. She absolutely loves it. So it's just usually me and the dog. It's been bitterly cold here at the Jersey Shore so I've been keeping my walks to lunchtime. Usually I go after dinner, but it's just too, too cold.

Kudos, again, to you on that loss. Great job getting to the gym. Obviously, you're moving in the right direction. Keep me posted.

Mason'sMommie
01-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Morning Everyone,
Hope everyone is doing awesome today. Just had my third weigh-in and I'm happy to say that I'm down another 1.8 pounds this morning (Saturday, January 27th). Doing another HaPpY DaNcE:carrot: this week. Keep me posted.

fitwayoflife
01-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Does Ediets charge your credit card all at once or by the week?

Also, on the official Ediets boards, are there a lot of people on the Ediets Express plan?

fitwayoflife
01-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Also, do they give you different calorie ranges to choose from, or does everyone get only 1200 calories a day? Because I weigh too much to only eat 1200 calories a day.

Mason'sMommie
01-28-2007, 09:38 AM
Morning Fitwayoflife,
eDiets charges your credit card or debit card weekly. I don't use the eDiets Express boards so I can't really answer that question for you as far as a lot of people being on eDiets Express or not. As far as your calorie range, you do have to make out a profile before you register, but I'm not sure if your calorie range would be different from anyone elses. They do have live help on their website and I'm sure you could ask questions before enrolling in their program. If you can't use live help unless you're a member here is their telephone number 1-877-YOUR-DIET. Good luck on whatever path you take.
If you have any more questions, just let me know.

flxthct107
01-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Doreen, Congrats on the weight loss again this week. You are doing awesome!!!

I was really bad this weekend. Friday night I consumed more alcohol than I should have and Saturday I felt crappy about it so I ate like a pig. I had mexican for lunch and BBQ for dinner. The food was great, but not worth the guilt.

I am back on track today and will be all week. I have nothing planned so I will have no excuses. I just really hope I don't gain when I weigh in on Wednesday. I will be putting in a great workout tonight as well.

Mason'sMommie
01-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Hi Katrina,
Thanks for the kind words. Don't sweat it, you have plenty of time until weigh-in. I'm sure you'll do just fine. You are so very close to goal and you should be extremely proud of yourself.
Just got back from my little over a mile walk. I'm really trying to focus on getting my walking in. That's really the only exercise I like to do in the winter. Now, the spring and summer is a different story. We like to hike and bike and kayak and swim and my all time favorite, gardening. So I shouldn't have any problem with exercise once the weather breaks. Unfortunately, I have about 4 months until that happens;) . It was great to hear from you. Keep me posted.

bida
01-29-2007, 12:52 AM
Hi All - I don't think i posted here before - I have been on ediets for about a week - then I went away (and crazy) for the weekend and am now back on it for 2 weeks before I have to go away again - what sucks though is they only deliver like near the end of hte week - so when I go away on weekends I have to wait almost a whole week for my food. urgh!

I haven't weighed in for a while - but will at the end of next week (before I go away). For the most part I really am surprised that I like the food - I def think the lasagna is the best - and think I ordered it twice for the upcoming week :) I follow the plan as on the page - but since I amend the menu so much - its what I generally have picked out - so that is cool. Also I usually supplement about 200 more calories a day as 1200 is a little low - and since Im just starting to really change my out of control diet - I would go bananas if I didn't. Usually it is veggie based (not starches) or popcorn.

what frustrates me about the diet though is that they actually serve white bread, not wheat or multi grain for most of their sandwhiches - and the noodles as well. I would think for this "healthy" plan they would. Also - there is no lower fat option for the cheaper plan - though I wonder how low fat the actually low fat diet is on the more expensive plan (I am assuming you guys are also on the 20 buck diet).

Anyway I would love to chat more - feel free to message me or whatever - i def want and want to give support!

B

bida
01-29-2007, 12:56 AM
oh yeah - it appears I posted on the first page - been a little MIA lately :)
btw - I am starting up my excersize regimen again pretty soon - which means a lot of running and spinning - I really want to get back into lifting - which I haven't done in ages.

Mason'sMommie
01-29-2007, 08:30 AM
Hi B:wave:,
Welcome. The more, the merrier. It's great to have buddies along the way. I just started my fourth week on Saturday, and so far, so good. Keep me posted.

bida
01-30-2007, 01:32 AM
lasagna day happiness...and a lot of oranges - i remember the first week when I was really happy because I didn't have to think about what i was eating - and I'm hoping that feeling will come back in time - I like not obsessing about what I am going to eat - as that is one of the reasons I went on this delivery service. I still find myself obsessing a bit - and it's hard having a room mate - because he sometimes has good food as well - well he is on the south beach diet now - so he has a lot of yummy nuts around. Just one. No more!

bida
01-30-2007, 02:19 AM
I was looking around the web becase I just got a letter from 3hourdiet telling me I could get a week of meals free (at the 19.95 price range) - I thouht that was interesting, and looked on their website - and the menu choices look VERY familiar - like descriptions of the same foods. I looked a bit more and it seems they get their food from purfood - I can't seem to see where ediets gets their food, and am too lazy to do any more research (like look at the pamphlet that came with the first delivery) but am curious...are you? Have u looked anywhere else before?
B

Mason'sMommie
01-30-2007, 08:23 AM
Hi B,
Yes, I did look at the 3 hour diet also and it seemed as though it was the same food. I wanted to see how much their program was and started to sign up and it was over $750 dollars a month. Their shipping was a heck of a lot more, but yet you might also be getting one or two snacks more than eDiets so that will bring up the price also.
When I did the WW points I totally obscessed about food because for me the whole points thing puts you in that mode. I was driving myself crazy with it, so needless to say that wasn't the route for me. I can truly say that I've been 99.9 percent on plan. I've been keeping track of every meal's calorie intake so I have that information when I do get to goal. It is so much about portion control and this program surely teaches you that. Keep up the great work.

Mason'sMommie
01-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Hi again B,
I looked on the back of one of the eDiets meals and lo and behold guess who the food is prepared by? PurFoods. How interesting is that? In looking at 3 Hour's menu, it seems like eDiets has more choices, especially for breakfast. It seems 3 Hour has a lot of muffins and no cereal. Also, in signing up to get that week's free food you have to pay for a full 4 weeks. The cost is $758.35:eek:. Talk to you soon.

flxthct107
01-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Welcome B, glad to see you back.

I was also surprised that they serve so much white bread and noodles. I have to say I enjoy it though since I never buy it. Probably not a good thing to get used to though either.

I noticed a while back that all the meal delivery services had a lot of similar foods. That is why they put the ediets sticker on there to make it unique for them. LOL. If you look up the zone diet they have a lot of the same foods too. I did what Doreen did and tried to sign up for the 3 hour diet to see the difference and it was definitely more expensive. It's not worth the extra snacks for me.

I did awesome at the gym yesterday and will be heading back in an hour or so. I have to do a running assessment to see where I am at. A friend and I are doing the Denver marathon in October and we need to make sure that we are prepared for our official training in a couple months. I am really nervous since I have been lazier than usual lately.

I had Cracklin Oat Bran for breakfast (my fav) and am having the burrito for lunch today for the 1st time. I hope it's good. :)

After cheating this weekend I am soooo scared to weigh in tomorrow.

K

Mason'sMommie
01-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Hi K,
Glad you checked in. Don't worry about that weigh-in tomorrow. I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised:). Wow, a marathon? You go, girl. I give you a lot of credit. Before my son was born I used to speedwalk anywhere from 3 to 5 miles a day. Hopefully I can get back to that, again. Just got back from my walk and let me tell ya, boy, was it cold. But I plowed on and didn't turn back. Well, got to run to get some work done. Let us know how your weigh-in goes.

p.s. Cracklin Oat bran is one of my favs. And have you tasted those pumpkin muffins? Too die for:). I had the Multi-grain bagel with cream cheese for breakfast and the Boneless pork rib with BBQ sauce and bun for lunch, awesome:).

bida
01-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Hey K - a marathon - whoo hoo! I did the NYC-IGN marathon in 2004 - I am thinking one day of doing another - but you kind of get sick of training for it - the 20 mile and 18 mile runs in the last months! Not to scare you! But the event itself was TOTALLY worth it. (it was a perfect day, beautiful fall day, perfect weather beautiful autumn trees). If you want any pointers or tips - be sure to ask. i will tell you though - that you will need to eat more when you start really training. When I was heavily into the training days, I ate practically what I wanted and still lost weight - I could have lost more - I am sure - but I wasn't really dieting that time (you know some days I was, most days I wasn't - didn't help that I was also just starting a romance then :) ) Anyway - all I'm saying really is 1200-1400 cals won't really cut it - and it will hurt you more than help you. But deal with that when the time comes - after you start doing longer than I would say 4 to 5 miles in a day. Do you run now?
I still run - i want to start training for a triathalon - but I have been a little demotivated since I came back from break.

how was the burrito? i'm scared to try it - anyone try the taco? I had the pork yesterday, and I toasted the bun, made it mucho better - I think i'm having turkey meatballs today.

(yeah I thought I had seen a purfoods label once...what is really interesting is that on the purfoods website they don't promote ediets - just 3hour diets...I also noticed less variety on 3hourdiets - one non selling point to me is they did not have the lasagna! haha - gotta have my fav meal!)

B
enough epic - i have to get back to writing my script

Mason'sMommie
01-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi B,
Had the taco, but really didn't care for it. But give it a try, who knows, you may like it.

bida
01-30-2007, 03:21 PM
why do they call it the walking taco?

Mason'sMommie
01-30-2007, 04:45 PM
That is a really good question:D.

Dor:)

bida
01-30-2007, 09:07 PM
does it walk right out of you :)

Mason'sMommie
01-30-2007, 11:15 PM
"does it walk right out of you," too funny:D. Did you like it?

flxthct107
01-31-2007, 12:42 AM
B-
I run, but only a couple miles at a time and not very consistently. I was doing great then I got pregnant and haven't dedicated myself to it since. My daughter is 9 1/2 months so it is time. I am following a plan to prepare for a 10K to prepare me for the marathon training. I will be using the plans off of nikerunning.com. I used them for my 1st 5K and was really pleased with their plan. I am hoping to be pretty close to goal by the time my training gets real intense and I will definitely be kicking up my calorie intake. I will just have to listen to my body.
You are awesome for considering a triathalon. Keep us posted on your decision.

I liked the burrito. It didn't seem very healthy so it seemed like a splurge in a way. The FF sour cream that it comes with is pretty chunky which weirded me out. I normally buy light so I think I am just not used to the different texture. I had the walking taco yesterday. It was OK, but then again didn't make me feel like I was eating very well. Foods like these almost make me crave bad foods more in a way. I will have to put a pumpkin muffin on my next order. yummmm.

flxthct107
01-31-2007, 04:52 PM
I gained 1/2 a pound this week. That's what I get for cheating. :( This week will be better though, lesson learned. :)

bida
01-31-2007, 05:07 PM
Yeah - that is kinda how I feel about this diet - is its not that low in fat - which I have a bit of a problem with. And the only way to have the "low" fat plan is to pay more money - which I don't think i can afford right now.
I did not so great last night - my room mate cooked lasagna and offered me some - I declined - but had some later. bad bad bad.
I've been running 3.5 for the last 3 days - and will again today at some point ;)
i had the turkey quesodilla - i liked it.
B

Mason'sMommie
01-31-2007, 05:48 PM
Hi K,
Don't fret about that 1/2 pound gain. Next week will be a great weigh-in for you. You'll nip that 1/2 pound in the bud and then some.

B - I know what you mean by bad, bad, bad. My day wasn't so hot yesterday, nor today. I have the major munches. Not so bad as in the past, but they're still there. Lesson learned, as K would say:). I still have two days before weigh-in to redeem myself.

bida
02-01-2007, 06:29 AM
1 word that helped tonight - cawliflower (sp?)

my new shipment came in today - I have a bunch of cerial left over somehow - and I am still not going to weigh myself I think until next thurs - that is the day before my bday. ahhhh!

Mason'sMommie
02-01-2007, 08:23 AM
Morning B,
I've had things left over in the past, also, and that was because somehow they put in extra things. Have a great day.

flxthct107
02-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Did you guys get the free cooler bag with your first order? I did not get mine and I emailed them over a week ago and I have not heard anything. I need a lunch bag and would rather use their free one instead of buyng one.

Mason'sMommie
02-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Hi K,
Yes, I got the cooler bag with my first order.

bida
02-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah - I got mine too. Call them?
Have either of you called the nutritionist or used any if offered services?
I had the burrito today - after eating it I was shocked by how much fat was in it - never will order that again - not worth it - and the FF sour cream was tres wierd - I threw it out.
B

Mason'sMommie
02-01-2007, 08:28 PM
I had the ham and cheese sandwich today and could have died when I saw the amount of sodium in it, 2140 mg. It will be a miracle for me to lose anything this week. I certainly will not be having that again. Too, too much sodium for me. I haven't called the nutritionist, but they have called me twice.

flxthct107
02-02-2007, 12:08 AM
I will call them tomorrow.

I got a call from ediets my first week. They left a VM with no call back # and said they would call back. I haven't heard anything since.

I had the ham & cheese sandwich today too. I didn't look at the nutritional facts. It explains why I feel so bloated and thirsty though. :(

I wish that more of their food was healthier. I've been tempted to go back to just counting calories on my own, but the convenience is so nice so that I am not ready to give up on it yet.

Do you guys plan on staying on it till you reach goal?

Mason'sMommie
02-02-2007, 02:26 AM
Hi K,
I also did think of calorie counting again, as I've done in the past and it worked, but I truly love the convenience of eDiets. I don't think I'm going to stay on it until my goal weight, though. Right now, I just really need to keep an eye on the sodium content. I'm definitely throwing this week's weigh-in out the window, but I, myself, am not ready to give up either:).

flxthct107
02-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Holy smokes!! I just looked at all my lunches online for my delivery today and all, but 1 have over 1000mg of sodium. Guess I better start chugging my water. Yikes!! Thanks for pointing it out Doreen. I will be able to keep a closer eye on it.

K

bida
02-02-2007, 05:31 PM
makes sense why i am so thirsty all the time. I am not sure how much longer I will stay on - I love the convenience - and I KNOW I am not good at cal counting - but....I think it may be too high in fat and sodium - I will check out my wieght next week and see...arg.

Mason'sMommie
02-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi B,
I totally know where you're coming from. Don't know if all the sodium is the right way to go for me. I definitely am not using tomorrow's weigh-in as a basis to do anything. I'll go one more week and see what happens.

bida
02-02-2007, 11:36 PM
have you guys noticed the disparity between the online nutritional values and the packaged nutritional values?

Mason'sMommie
02-03-2007, 01:05 AM
Hi B,
No I haven't noticed the differences. I'll have to check that out.

Mason'sMommie
02-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Morning All,
Had my 4th weigh-in today and I am up 1 pound:(. No surprises there. Have an awesome day.

bida
02-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Why no surprises? what have you been up to this week? Not working out? Eating more than on plan?
B

Mason'sMommie
02-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Yes, to all of the above. Thought it would be more than a pound. Lesson learned.

flxthct107
02-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Like you said Doreen, lesson learned. How did you guys do yesterday? I did not eat any of my meals and instead drank beer and ate to many chips and wings. :( I am back on track today and will be hitting the gym at lunch. I fell this weekend (darn ice) and bruised my left side pretty bad so I will have to take it easy for the next couple days. I'm bummed because it felt so good to start getting my runs in again.

Mason'sMommie
02-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Hi K,
So sorry to hear about your fall. After a little healing you'll be back to your running in no time.
Don't fret about those chips and beer, you're back on track and that's all that matters. I've been doing awesome since Saturday and staying on plan. It didn't take much for me to get back on track. That one pound gain on Saturday was a great incentive;).

bida
02-05-2007, 03:13 PM
hey all -
I bought the wings for the super bowl party that I ate too many of - I ate one of my meals from the day before because I didn't eat more than 1200 - but drank maybe 4 glasses of wine on sat. ok so sun there were wings, 3/4s of hamburger and chips galore. Good for me ;)
now im gonna try to be great until friday - when it's my bday and I don't have meals coming again till next thurs (cause I'm going away)

(I'm afraid to weigh in on thurs though)
THOUGh I feel like and feel I look like i have lost some weight.

B

Mason'sMommie
02-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Hi B,
I would weigh-in. You might be pleasantly surprised. Just wanted to let you know that I also noticed that the online nutritional info is different than on the package. I wonder which one is the correct one. I would assume the one on the package is the correct one. Thanks for pointing that out.

bida
02-06-2007, 12:53 PM
I got called to renew today - I told them I didn't decide yet - I have not eaten a lot of my food this week because of superbowl stuff and all the soup I bought from the supermarket (cambell's microwave stuff)
no matter what I eat, i think I'm eating too much sodium. hrm!

how y'all doing today?

Mason'sMommie
02-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Hi B,
Doing really well, but I think it's just way too much sodium for me also. I'm thinking I might just finish up what I have and what's coming, but then cancel after that. Don't know, I'm still up in the air about it.

flxthct107
02-06-2007, 07:36 PM
I am doing good with the exception of the 2 slices of pizza I had at lunch. We had a team meeting and our boss bought it. I was so hungry that I caved. I should have ate beforehand and didn't. I am at 1191 calories so far today so I will probably hit around 1600 with dinner. I doubt I will see a loss tomorrow. I am almost tempted not to weigh at all until next week. Between the wings on Sunday and pizza today it can't be good. I hate how you can be so good for the majority of the week, but a couple stupid slip ups can ruin it all.I need to get my bum in gear and not cheat at all for atleast a week or 2 to see a loss again.

I do not have a delivery coming this Friday because I am going out of town next week to visit my parents. I am half tempted to just cancel and go back to calorie counting because I was doing about as well as I am now and it is a TON cheaper. Ever since the sodium talks I have been more and more tempted. If any of us cancel we should still keep in touch on our progress.

Mason'sMommie
02-07-2007, 12:15 AM
I would love to keep in touch with you both if I cancel, and I will be doing calorie counting as well. I'm still up in the air about it though. What I may do is just wait until my next renewal and then see how I feel, if I want to stay with it or not. Decisions, decisions:dizzy:.

bida
02-07-2007, 03:09 AM
Yes - lets stay in touch - I can pm you or you me with ure email addies - and we could do it that way? till then I'll still be here prob for another week. (though my shipment doesn't come in till next thurs)
With my bday coming up and going out of town, i'm sure it will be bad :) I'll need to be strict strict strict for a week.
B

Mason'sMommie
02-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Morning B,
I PM'd you my email address. Like I said I think I'm going to finish out another month and then I'll see how I feel at that point. But you can start using my email address any time.

bida
02-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Got it - emailed you :)
now if i can get my butt in gear and go running soon - that would be great.
B

Mason'sMommie
02-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Hi B & K,
Hope you guys are doing great. B, I emailed you. Well, just got done cancelling my account. I'll have one more week of food and that's it. I'm going back to calorie counting, which worked really well for me in the past (just as long as I stuck to it). I am determined now and have learned a ton about portion control. I felt the sodium was just way, way too much for me, and I did miss eating my other favorite fruits, strawberries and bananas. I found a great site for counting calories, so I'll be using that after next Friday. Would still love to keep in touch with you guys. I don't know if there is a calorie counting board on this website. I'll have to lurk around. Hope to hear from you guys.

flxthct107
02-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Hi guys. I decided yesterday to cancel my account as well. The last draw was when I went to eat the turkey reuben wrap that had 1720mg of sodium in it. I just can't get over how unhealthy some of the food is. I had fruit snacks for snack yesterday and the package said best used by Dec 06. Makes me wonder how long some of the other food sits around. I am going back to calorie counting as well. I have about 1/2 a week of food left to get me through till I go on vacation next week. I would love to keep in touch. I will PM you both my email address.
What site are you using Doreen? I think I am going to go back to using fitday. There is a calorie counters board on here. I'm not familiar with it, but will be checking it out here soon.

Katrina

bida
02-11-2007, 01:23 AM
yeah - I am gonna cancel after this week too - don't htink i can cancel this weeks food...but i am going to try not to go over 1500 cals at all every day - which seems hard for me.
I started off my bday yesterday with sour milk - the expiration was feb 7th - but come on - SOUR on feb 9th - seriously! really?

I was happy with it in a way - but really - the food could be so much better/healhty. i never used on online thing before - maybe I s houd - but I get lazy about loggin on line....

also I weighed in and I think i'm like heavy. and I though I had lost some weight (till superbowl)

B

grammpaula
02-11-2007, 09:58 AM
I just read your thread. I was on ediets online for a couple years. When you followed the menus you lost weight. I did well on it until summer when the grand kids were around and the menus were hard to follow. It is surprising that they use so much salt in their home delivery foods since you don't add any salt at all in the food you prepare from the online menu. I'm sure they add it to preserve the food for a longer shelf life. You had me convinced to try it as soon as I got my credit card situation better. It sounds like everyone was losing weight.

I quit the online diet to try and save money until I got the credit card bills under control. The food was really good that they had you cook. It's the only diet I've found that has you make one serving of food at a time. You never had leftovers. I liked that I could pick the things I didn't want to be included in the menus. I don't eat fish and my menus never included it.

Have any of you thought about doing the online menus instead? I really hated to end my membership. No I don't work for ediets. :) I just really liked the program.

Mason'sMommie
02-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Hi Grammpaula,
Thanks for joining the thread. I just cancelled my order for eDiets Express on Friday and I have one more week of food left. For me, it just had way too much sodium, which can't be good over the long haul. I was using a menu diet online before eDiets and will go back to that next Saturday (wasn't eDiets though). That worked really well for me, just as long as I stuck to it. I really don't think that the salt issue is about shelf life because all the food is fresh and not frozen. Your food comes weekly so there is no issue with shelf life. eDiets taught me a bunch about portion control, which was always my problem. Good luck with whatever program you decide to use.

bida
02-15-2007, 08:48 PM
I have my last week of food here now. I should make sure it is cancelled.

monami1978
02-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Hello Everyone! Some of you have PM'd me a while ago and I just wrote back so sorry for the late response. I have been travelling a lot and haven't been on the board for a couple of months. I'm so glad everyone is having success with eDiets express, I thought it was the best meal delivery plan I've ever tried and I tried Nutrisystem and Medifast and both didn't work for me, on eDiets express I lost close to 70 pounds in around half a year!!! I stopped the plan after I reached my goal weight but will probably go back on it for a week or two every once in a while just to help maintain things.

One of the things that did make it easier for me is I am single so I bought almost no groceries for several months while I was on the plan and that made the money aspect almost even out. When I went out to eat I would just try to eat healthy and would save my eDiets meal for a time when I needed to binge (it happens you know!). I actually never got tired of the food which is kind of amazing, of course once in a while I would want something else like a slice of pizza or go out to eat somewhere but the eDiets food itself I never grew tired of. I exercise regularly now as well and honestly I love it because I am no longer so big like I was.

bida
02-23-2007, 10:46 PM
its all gone.
the turkey with chickpeas was bad for once - had some unnatural tangy taste.

i have a ham cheese sandwhihc left - i feel i should eat it since it cost like 8 bucks.

I went to trader joe's today and bought a lot of good stuff for a lot less salt and fat and money.

yum.

PKnowler
02-26-2007, 12:27 AM
I've enjoyed reading your thread about different diet meal delivery services. Have you all heard of http://www.diettogo.com/ ? I've been thinking about ordering from them. I have tried "Diet to your door" and it was very good but expensive!

What's the menu diet online? You were talking about.

Thanks, Paula

bida
02-27-2007, 05:14 AM
it shows u ure menu online - with nutritional information.

what sucks about it is the 2nd week u can't look at your current at home menu because the software isn't geared for it (because it can only show two menu's at a time, current week and next week - and if u have more than one week (aka three weeks) left in ure time then you can't get the nutrional information on ure food that is at home. also on ure last week i couldn't see the menu because I hadn't renued my deliveries.

that really p**** me off.
It's expensive. Some of the food is good - but over priced and lots of sodium. I think i became more food obsessive after it, not less.

Good luck! (i think its all about learning portions!)

bargoo
02-27-2007, 09:59 AM
I was wondering about ediets express, also. Is it really $700 a month?I have seen other food delivery progams for much less. I would like to try it, but am afraid it is too expensive.

flxthct107
03-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Yes, it is really almost $700 a month. I personally am just counting calories and using a bit more prepackaged food to make things easier and it is working out much better for me (plus saving a TON of $$$). The ediets food is not very healthy..full of fat, sodium and the portions are small. I get a lot more food on my own with the same calorie amount. It is great for portion control and for someone with a really busy life, but that is all I have good to say about it now.

A lot of the delivery programs use the same distributor, Pur Foods.

edietsmommy
03-02-2007, 02:43 AM
I started ediets express on the 23rd. I love it so far, because I don't have time to cook. (two kiddos! ones only weeks old) I'm nursing so I edited the menu to have more calories, but I am still losing weight pretty quickly. If anyone else is doing it and wants to talk, feel free to pm me! I'd love a diet buddy. :D

edietsmommy
03-02-2007, 02:44 AM
I forgot to mention, I actually started because I found the info on this thread. I only read the positive posts and didn't get to the later ones about the fat/sodium content until after I had ordered. I still really like it so far, and I'm hoping it keeps working for me!

bargoo
03-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the info.

i

Thanks for the info,
I broke my shoulder and need stuff I can do with one hand, guess I will stock up on Lean Cuisine and WW and watching out for sodium.

i

i

i

bargoo
03-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Trying to type with one hand is the pits.

Mason'sMommie
03-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Hi All,
Just figured I'd drop in to say a quick hello. I've been doing awesome with calorie counting and still losing. Much cheaper route to go than eDiets Express:) Hope everyone is doing well.

GettingSkinnySoon
03-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Good Morning all, glad to see this thread is still here. I stopped eDiets food delivery a while ago, due to cost even though it is cheaper than other food delivery systems I just cannot confine myself to eating just what is delivered. After much talk with a few friends and deliberation on my part I have joined Weight Watchers this past Saturday. Hopefully all will go well, I am on my second day of counting points. Good luck and may we all lose weight.