Snacks - Phase 1 - Almost Wings on the Beach

View Full Version : Almost Wings on the Beach

garybearsgirl
01-02-2007, 12:28 PM
This was an experiment I'm fairly pleased with, still plan to tweak it some, though:

1 1/2 pounds lean skinless boneless chicken breast fillet
1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter (ICBINB)
3 T Tabasco (or more)
1 T sugar free no carb ketchup

In a bowl, mix ICBINB, Tabasco and sugar free ketchup. Cut chicken into pieces resembling wings (could try turkey breast, shrimp or firm fleshed fish here too, I think). Stir into Tabasco mixture to coat well. Arrange in a Pam sprayed baking dish in a single layer and pour remaining mixture over the top. Bake at 350 until all liquid has evaporated.

You could also do whole chicken breast filets like this for a Buffalo chicken salad...

-Michele

Edited to add:
1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast would be 6 servings as an entree, but if you're using this as an appetizer (as Buffalo Wings normally are), I would say 12.
I calculated nutrition info based on I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Fat Free, Tabasco brand original sauce, and Walden Farms brand no sugar ketchup:

As an entree:
138 calories, 1.58 grams fat, 1.2 grams carbs

As an appetizer:
69 calories, 0.79 grams fat, 0.06 grams carbs

GiggleGoddess
12-31-2010, 01:25 AM
Where do you find sugar free ketchup?

Heidi58
12-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Heinz makes a reduced sugar with sucralose (splenda) that I really like. They used to call it 'One Carb' or 'Reduced Carb' or something like that, but they changed it to "reduced sugar" not too long ago. It's in most grocery stores with the rest of the ketchups.

You can make your own if you prefer. Ketchup Recipes (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/miscellaneous-phase-1/191173-ketchup-catsup-recipes.html)

CyndiM
12-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Westbrae makes a no sugar added ketchup. I've found it at the Co-op and in the health food section of regular grocery stores