Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 10:54 AM   #1  

Default Meetings Vs Online

Hello everyone. I want to start Weight Watchers today and I really just wanted to do the e-tools and that was it, but it looks like you have to attend meetings now to get the e-tools.

My real questions is what do you get extra with the meetings that you don't get for Online. Right now they have free registration so I was thinking about going for the first week to get the additional materials then doing online after that. Does that make sense??? I am really trying to watch my money, thats why I am trying to cut corners here. I am a pretty motivated person I don't feel the meeting motivation will make a big difference for me.

Any advise is welcome.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:36 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I personally like the interaction with other members and the accountability at the scale. I get a lot of good ideas for new food finds, tips on how to overcome an obstacle, etc. Each person is different so find what works best for you. I've been attending meetings since January 20, 1999 and have been a Lifetime member since July '99.

Check out the meeting and evaluate it. I figured I was worth it to spend the money on the weekly fee. They have a lot of options as to payments--our area has the Monthly Pass, Season pass, pre-pay, and a weekly fee. Check it out.

Best wishes on your journey!
Old 01-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #3  
banned

you could use the free pass at ww.com/free to print out the food list
Old 01-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #4  

I actually went to a facility today and asked about e-Tools they said I had to sign up just to get the access code. I am not able to attend the actual meeting times that are around me so I can not get the code. If anyone has an access code or can get me an access code I would greatly appreciate it. You can PM me or e-mail me at [email protected]
Old 01-02-2007, 04:58 PM   #5  

We havethat stupid code thing here too b/c we are a smaller franchise instead of WW international. I do not have the code, as I didn't like WW online anyway.

But, e-tools is a supplement to the meetings that is why it is offered at a reduced cost than the online program...you're paying for meetings already so they cut you a break. But you can do the online program without the code, it is for anyone. On the Weightwatchers.com website main page you'll see a place where you can learn more about WW online and sign up for it.

My understanding is WW online and E-tools are the same thing, only they charge more for online since you aren'ta ttending meetings...still online is cheaper than meetings. I have never been impressed with online, others like it and maybe it has changed since the new program.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:11 PM   #6  

I looked at the online version but you have to pay $29.99 to sign up for it plus the monthly fee. I thought that was a bit much.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:32 PM   #7  

Default I think a combo works best, personally...

I've tried doing it just online and now I'm going to meetings. Personally, I think many of us have the best of intentions, but without that weekly weigh-in and the accountability to another person, we fall off the wagon. I get soooo much out of the meetings, like new foods that people have discovered that are low points, hearing what other people are struggling with, and hearing their successes as well. The face to face contact is what's making the difference for me this time.

And I figured up how much I was spending on unhealthy food before WW, and I'm actually saving money!

Kathy
Old 01-02-2007, 09:06 PM   #8  

CPA-I have never been impressed with the online...I've tried it 3 times. Personally I wouldn't recomend it to anyone.

The meetings are worth the $$$ if you have a good leader, but I totally understand teh cost factor. If you can't justify the cost of them they have an at home program (like $100) or you can join a meeting and get the stuff and buy the Food Guide and DIning Out companion, both of which I highly recommend. If you have free reg in your area (which mine often does not even when WW offers it) you can get all that for less than $50, maybe for that price with reg. fewe if it's not free in your area.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

I too am on a restricted budget and felt I knew all the basics so I could do it by myself at home. I started August 23rd at home. Gathered all my material. Did a weigh in and after 2 weeks, I just needed that meeting to keep me motivated. It gives me the leader's input, the weigh in, the members' input and it rounded out the picture and what I was missing. I've never looked back.

I have joined WW so many times (I think about 4 times technically and don't know how many times on my own). This is the first time that I've felt that I CAN DO IT. I'm worth it. This isn't about the grocery budget, the car budget, the house budget, the education for kids budget. This time it is about ME!!!! I've never placed myself first and that is probably why I put on as much weight has I have. It's YEARS of neglect and it's about time that I become #1.

Sorry I rambled but I believe in the weekly meetings. They work. The studies show that people who do meetings are 3x more likely to succeed. Not to say you can't do it on your own but it is to say "I" couldn't do it on my own.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:17 PM   #10  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi there,

I purchased all my weight watchers stuff on ebay and got some great deals. Starter kit, electronic points calculator, pedometer with activity points tracker and several cookbooks.
With the items I have and this website, I find it's all I need to stay on track.
And it saves me a ton of money
Closed Thread