Weight Loss Support - Planning for Tuesday January 2

View Full Version : Planning for Tuesday January 2

sotypical
01-01-2007, 09:08 PM
I manged to get back on track today and did well - so I am already thinking about tomorrow and the rest of the week. I know I gained, so I must work hard to make my goals this year :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful christmas and a very happy new year!

B- cran raspberry protien juice; two slices whole wheat toast and peanut butter
S- raisin bran bar; coffee with some cream and 0 cal hazlenut syrup
L- slim fast shake made with skim milk; sliced cucumber and antipasto
S- cup of soup
D- no idea
W- 4-6L
E- 1 hour first thing in the am

GR8 2B48
01-01-2007, 09:37 PM
I managed to get back on track today also. I'll find out tomorrow when I weigh in at my WW meeting if I gained. If so I'll just have to work on repairing the damage. I think I needed a break and ate more especially due to TOM and cravings. Best wishes to everyone for this new year.

Denise

jillybean720
01-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Woohoo...Courtnie's back in planning mode :cool: I hope others will eventually come back and join us, too (I think Rasario and I are the only ones who've been in these "planning" threads for about a week now).

As for my Tuesday, I plan on about 90 minutes of exercise (not all at once--broken up into 30 minutes in the morning and a 60 minute walk after work)--that will help to make up for my lack of exercise on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

Tomorrow's food should look something like this:

smoothie (banana, skim milk, vanilla protein powder)
yogurt
pbj sandwich
turkey sausage
SmartOnes frozen lasagna
chicken breast baked w/honey dijon marinade
The above comes to about 1435 calories and 133g protein.

eusebius
01-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Here is my plan for tomorrow and I hope it will keep me accountable. I follow the Sonoma plan.

Breakfast: WW toast with peanut butter
Lunch: Pasta with ham and a salad, and fruit
Dinner: Greek Pizza with salad and fruit
And of course, 8 glasses of water
YOGA!!!!
I need to do this!!!

cheers
eusebius

onxgossamerwings
01-01-2007, 10:42 PM
I was doing fine until a few days before Christmas. The cookies and chocolate, is killing me! I've been eating way too much. Hopefully tomorrow will look like:

B: tofu smoothie
L: nothing, because the only vegetarian meal I can get at school is greasy pizza or calzone
(with school and after school things I don't get home until 6)
D: probably a lot of grilled veggies and I'll try to eat yogurt.

exercise will consist of running through the conservation area before school at about 6am. After school I'll probably be hiking around a beach.

if it wasn't for ecology I'd have to find my own exercise

sotypical
01-01-2007, 10:46 PM
I was doing fine until a few days before Christmas. The cookies and chocolate, is killing me! I've been eating way too much. Hopefully tomorrow will look like:

B: tofu smoothie
L: nothing, because the only vegetarian meal I can get at school is greasy pizza or calzone
(with school and after school things I don't get home until 6)
D: probably a lot of grilled veggies and I'll try to eat yogurt.

exercise will consist of running through the conservation area before school at about 6am. After school I'll probably be hiking around a beach.

if it wasn't for ecology I'd have to find my own exercise

can't you take a lunch to school?? from the sounds of it, you need to eat more!!!

Mami
01-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Happy new year!

I had about 1920 calories today; sounds high but I tend to eat this much on the weekends. Hopefully a little less next week!

TUESDAY PLAN

Exercise: 30 mins elliptical/30 mins weights

whole grain bagel w/ butter (400 cal)
Au Bon Pain sandwich turkey w/ goat cheese, romaine, tomato (410 cal)
broiled pork chop w/ rice, green beans (400)
protein hot cocoa (80)
yoplait FF yogurt (100)

That list amounts to approximately 1700 calories. I realize the breakfast is high in calories but I eat oatmeal a lot at home so I'm kind of sick of it for work breakfast; anyone have any suggestions on what else I could eat at work when I arrive that's lower in calories but filling (I either bring from home or usually buy at a deli, au bon pain, or cosi on my way in)?

I thought these size pork chops I've been eating for a long time were "medium" but fitday lists them as "large" when I ACTUALLY did the math (after endless converting first from pounds to ounces then by servings etc). If it werent for DH, I never would have bought the pork chops but I think he gets bored with chicken (or maybe its me that gets bored!). But sheesh, chicken has so fewer calories than meat (this really gets hammered home when you enter in fitday).

onxgossamerwings
01-01-2007, 11:01 PM
can't you take a lunch to school?? from the sounds of it, you need to eat more!!!I always say I'm going to take a lunch to school, but I wake up at 4:30 and have just enough time. Sometimes I'll get soy chips.

eusebius
01-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Hey mami, what about having 1/2 the whole grain bagel but putting peanut butter on it instead? Less calories, more filling, better fat. Just an idea ...

Gossamer - you totally need to eat lunch. Make it the night before if you have to. Make extra grilled veggies for dinner tomorrow night and throw them into a pita with some hummus. YUM!! I remember the days when I used to skip lunch or just eat chips ... my blood sugar would hit the basement and I'd feel like fainting. Wouldn't want that to happen to you!!

sotypical
01-01-2007, 11:12 PM
I always say I'm going to take a lunch to school, but I wake up at 4:30 and have just enough time. Sometimes I'll get soy chips.

You want to make sure you eat enough or you won't loss. I was eating good and exercising over an hour a day and I didn't lose a thing for 5 weeks thats when I realized I was eating too little - I started eating more and started losing :) Make it the night before, or if you have to take a frozen meal - but you need to eat :)

jillybean720
01-01-2007, 11:21 PM
onxgossamer--I'll echo others: eat some lunch! ;) It really is important that you eat more than just once or twice a day. Sure, you'll lose by eating as little as you have planned, but you'll also kill your metabolism so that your weight loss will eventually get reeeeeally slow (or even stop completely), and then you'll have to keep eating that itty bitty amount for forever in order to maintain.

What I do is make a big batch of something on the weekend to take for lunches during the week. You could do a soup/stew/chowder--those are easy to just scoop into little Gladware containers to take for lunches. Or I even make sandwiches ahead of time--in fact, I'm about to go make about 5 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches right now to have in the fridge for the week. Almost anything you can make for a meal, you can make ahead of time and either freeze or throw in the fridge for the week. I know the feeling of not having time in the morning--I get up by 4:15 in order to get my exercise in, so putting together a lunch is pretty much out of the question. The key is to plan ahead!

onxgossamerwings
01-01-2007, 11:24 PM
I know I suck.
I need to start keeping a food journal

jillybean720
01-02-2007, 06:18 AM
I know I suck.
I need to start keeping a food journal
You don't suck :dizzy: We're all just trying to help you out--it's hard to sit back and watch someone do what we know isn't helpful/healthy, especially if we've already suffered the heartache of the reality that it doesn't work...we're all here to save others from that mean slap of reality, too! :hug:

Rosario
01-02-2007, 09:35 AM
b - cereal, milk

s - lf yogurt

l - probably subway

s - apple

d - chicken breast, homemade mashed potatoes, some type of veggie

e - already did 1/2 hour of cardio at the gym, will try to get in another 1/2 hour of SI6

LynneA
01-02-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm back too.

Breakfast - steel cut oats, 1/2 banana, handful raisins, 1/4 cup fat free yoghurt

Snack - fat free yoghurt with honey

Lunch - bean and tomato soup, rice cake, small can peach bits

Snack - apple

Dinner - sweet and sour stir fry with tofu, lots of veggies and small can pineapple bits

Water - 3 liters

Exercise - interval training for 30 mins on treadmill

Sunnigummi
01-02-2007, 10:29 AM
But I've decided to make things more difficult for myself. I'll write out everything I have to eat here and then in the evening, change it to account for *everything* I ate. That way, I know I won't overeat because I'll have to tell you guys. :P

B - 1 cup skim milk

S - 1 banana

L - 1/4 cup brown rice + roasted indian veggie
1 8 oz container plain ff yogie

S - breakstone's double delights (cottage cheese + raspberry jelly YUM)

D - stirfried veggies with couscous? Dunno. Will let you know though...;)

Exercise: Finished 4 miles walking in the morning. Will have to do abs, lunges and squats when I get home.

Rosario
01-02-2007, 01:54 PM
change of plans for lunch....couldn't find my atm card and I don't have any cash :( , so it's a Lean Cuisine (glazed chicken...yum) for me

sotypical
01-02-2007, 02:15 PM
sounds like tonights dinner will be grilled cheese and beef veggie soup

lovinlifex2
01-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Sorry I am a little late joining in but here is my plan for the day.

B-kaski go lean crunch cereal w/skim milk
S-bananna
L-homemade vegetable soup, 8 pita chips and yogurt
S-cottage cheese and apple
D-ww past with marinara sauce, peas and salad

Exercise-30 min cardio video

Is that really me
01-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Onx, I have to agree w/the others. NOT eating is just no good. Even if you take along a yogurt, banana and some nuts, eat something. I am also up early (5:15am) and on days when I know I won't be around for lunch, I throw stuff in the car in an insulated lunch box. Nothing complicated, all portable. Even raisins and a tblspn. of peanut butter (yes, mixed together this is extremely tasty!) and buy some skim milk will keep you from getting too hungry. I find that once that blood sugar starts to dip, any willpower that's left dips right along with it! Good luck!

Jo

Mami
01-02-2007, 11:31 PM
I ended up miscalculating by 100 (forgot to add another serving of bread) and ate a peanut chocolate protein bar (150 calories), bringing today's total to 2003 calories. I was truly starving until I ate the protein bar (and that was after 1850 calories of very healthy high fiber high protein food). I wonder if I should feel bad about eating when I'm truly hungry?

I'm in total agreement with everyone who thinks (knows) that no one can keep up a severely calorie restricted diet for too long (thankfully for our bodies' sake), and as soon as you start eating you will gain more than what you lost. A perfect example of this is when I started getting more serious about loosing weight (i.e. I began calorie counting, logging my food and exercising more), I was losing weight steadily yet very slowly because as you can all see I have a very large appetite and really can't get by on less than 1700 calories. At one point I got terrible food poisoning and didn't eat for 2 days. The next few days I slowly started eating more, with the first day at about 1000 calories and the next day at about 1300 and then probably staying around 1600 for a few days. So its not like I jumped in and started binging or anything BUT I immediately put on 2 pounds on the morning after I ate 1000 calories, and another few pounds each day until I actually had gained about 5 pounds. And this is on practically nothing for me as I normally range from 1700 to 2000 calories. Once I started eating regularly again and consuming more calories, I started losing again.

Hey, why make it hard on yourself by starving when that is simply not necessary to lose weight.

sotypical
01-03-2007, 12:41 AM
Mami - you have to remember that everyone is different. At an average of 1500 calories a day and 5 hours of exercising a week I lose about 1.2 pounds a week. If I were to up that, I wouldn't lose.

So yes I keep my calories around 1300-1600 a day, but if I ate 1700-1900 a day I would mantain - I don't feel I would gain. Yes I gained over christmas, but I was eating 2000+ calories a day and no exercise....

Everybody's body works very different :) However, I do think that going any lower then 1200 a day is very bad!!

jillybean720
01-03-2007, 06:13 AM
Mami - you have to remember that everyone is different. At an average of 1500 calories a day and 5 hours of exercising a week I lose about 1.2 pounds a week. If I were to up that, I wouldn't lose.
I think she was referring to our new friend onxgoassamer who looks to only be eating about 500 calories for the whole day on Tuesday (and that's assuming about 300 calories for a tofu smoothie, which it may actually be less than that). She wasn't saying everyone needs 1700-2000 calories--just that no one needs to starve (like eat less than 1000 a day) :^:

Mami
01-03-2007, 09:01 AM
Thanks for clarifying Jill! That's exactly what I meant, and I also was expressing my envy with you all that can get by on 1200 to 1600 calories. If I could do that - and not feel like I want to punch someone (as I said I get quite nutty when hungry) - I would be losing about 2 to 3 pounds a week, rather than between .5 and 1.5. Luckies!

sotypical
01-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I figured that's who she meant I just wanted to post another side of the story for other people around here. I here, wish I would eat more and still lose a pound a week, haha. Id rather eat eat eat! lol I feel like I work too hard for that pound, but hey... whatever works I guess!

Mami
01-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Courtnie, I think my weird metabolism has something to do with the strength training I've been doing on and off for over a decade. I don't look any more muscular in my clothing than anyone else, but I must admit I'm pretty strong for my size and I can flex my boobs (makes them look higher as gravity takes its toll from age and having a baby) and other body parts. I know I sound like a broken record with this weight lifting, but I really encourage everyone to get into it for life (to maintain your muscle for life, after you build up for about a year, it only really takes 2 30 minute sessions hitting each body part once per week for two sets of 12 for each exercise, but go as heavy as possible after you are experienced). I for one do not plan on having a flat butt like my mom does now as she obviously lost all of her muscle back there. But really, when I'm maintaining I can get away with probably over 2200 calories a day at 128 pounds. And mind you I've never been one to have a fast metabolism naturally like my slender sister who has NEVER dieted and NEVER exercised yet has always maintained a size 0 to 4 (while I have maintained a size 6 to 10 with lots of exercise and watching what I eat..GRRRRRRRR).

sotypical
01-03-2007, 11:38 AM
damn that weight training :( lol
one day... one day