Support Groups - Being Accountable 2007

View Full Version : Being Accountable 2007

jules1216
01-01-2007, 06:14 PM
I am wondering if anyone would like to start this again...

Being Accountable: Weekly Challenge
Time to start next weeks challenge!! Who's all in??

Challenge starts each Monday and ends on Sunday. And ANYONE is welcome to join.

Each week you choose something health-related that you really have a hard time doing, and you do it for the week. Say for instance, you really want to cut down on sugar and you know you can do that for at least a few days a week. You can choose how many days such as 3 or 4, up to all 7 ....(but no less than 3, please) and then commit yourself to it.

AND....it doesn't have to be all in a row, either! You may decide to not eat sugar for 4 days. So on Monday you have no sugar, but on Tuesday you can have some, on Wednesday none, then Thursday...(you get the idea) Just try to complete the amount of days you committed yourself to.

You may choose limiting calories, getting in more exercise, drinking more water, eating less processed foods, taking a vitamin, journaling, counting carbs... whatever your need is - go for it! The choices are limitless!

So who is in for this week?? Please, come join us and make this a great week!

jules1216
01-01-2007, 06:16 PM
I am going to start tomorrow--I think we should get a free pass for today...

I am going to start with drinking at least 8 - 8oz waters everyday (I actually have already today)

Who wants to join me???

Sassy_Chick
01-01-2007, 11:38 PM
ME ME! I need all the help I can get! I agree today we should all get a free pass. But my 1st goal is to quit drinking as much soda, I'm not going to go "cold Turkey" but I do want to cut back then eventually cut it out totally, once again. :rolleyes: Soda is one of my weaknesses. I've tried for many years to give it up and not go back to it, but it never works for me. I've even gone months without it and then I'm like an alcoholic, one sip of it and I'm addicted again!!!!!!!

So that is my 1st goal!!!!!! ;)

jules1216
01-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Tuesday--got my 8 in

Wednesday--working on it!!

Vortex_VVV
01-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Hey I'll join you. I want to get 6 glasses of water a day in for the rest of the week (starting today, Wednesday). I know 6 isn't 8. I'm working up to 8 :)

jules1216
01-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Angela--welcome!! 6 is a start!!

FrouFrou
01-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Count me in Jules!

Mine will be to exercise 6 days this week. And...I did start yesterday (Tuesday) and also today. Went to It Figures both days, tomorrow I walk. I've got to get back in the habit of exercising. I have felt a difference in not doing any over the last month.

:welcome: Angela!

jules1216
01-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Yay Cristina!! After I get the water consumption under control, exercising at least 4 days a week is next!!

I finished my water quota!!

Sassy_Chick
01-03-2007, 07:34 PM
I've been drinking lots of water, I'm proud to say! :D I also exercised this morning. ;)

Jane
01-03-2007, 08:40 PM
I tend to report my food and exercise info on the Weight Loss and Chit Chat thread, but wanted you all to know I'm rooting for you!!! :carrot:

ellencrn
01-03-2007, 08:46 PM
have finally joined a gym and it is so close to my house i have no excuse not to go. it also is a pay by the month and since i am cheap, i will use it so i am not wasting my $$$$$.

Vortex_VVV
01-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Water done today!

jules1216
01-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Yay Angela!!

How did you do today Cristina??

Sassy--i am proud of you too!!

Jane--thanks for the support!!

Ellen--I feel the same way about the gym--I need to go because I hate to waste money--I am going to do at least a half hour on the treadmill after my first WW meeting in the morning.

Making myself finish my last 16 oz so I will have to get up and tinkle all night!!!!

Sassy_Chick
01-05-2007, 03:01 AM
Well as you probably seen in the WLC&C I was not a good girl yesterday and I didn't get all the water in that I was supposed too but working 14-possibly 15 hours, ummmm sorry but I am not really caring at the moment! :tired:

But as Dr. Oz says, don't focus on the bad, just move on, so that is what I'm going to do. I'll do better tomorrow, er um later on today! Whenever! You know what I mean! lmao!

Vortex_VVV
01-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Made my water goal yesterday and today.

Hang in there, Sassy!

Sassy_Chick
01-05-2007, 09:31 PM
WTG Angela! :woohoo:

I actually did get 3 bottles of water in early this morning, so not too bad, I know I have more to go yet!

jules1216
01-06-2007, 09:41 AM
WTG to both Angela and Sassy.

Now that I am back into the water drinking it is getting easier but I want to be accountable for it for a whole two weeks to make it habit forming!! I am thirsty all the time and starting to crave water now!!

vannh9
01-06-2007, 09:58 AM
OK.. count me in ..I hate to excercise. My goal for this week would be to contribute 30 minutes a day for 4 days next week. This has always been my greatest challange and know that at my age it is the critical peice in being healthy ..if not skinny:-)

jules1216
01-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Welcome Vann!! Cristina is doing the exercise commitment too. That is on my list next after getting the water down!!

FrouFrou
01-06-2007, 03:23 PM
WTG ladies! Looks like everyone is doing a GREAT job!
:woohoo: :carrot: :cb: :cp: :dance: :dancer: :high:

And yes, THANKS Jane for the support!

I am happy to day that I have gone to IF T, W, Fri and today! Woohoo! And I walked 2 miles Thurs. so I only have to walk tomorrow (going to go to the park) to get in my 6th day! And...I have been doing well with the water and taking my vitamins. I write all this on my (aol) printed out calendar so I can keep tabs on what I do every day. And there was only one day that I didn't get all my water. But so far, so good. Sunday is usually a free day for me but since I didn't start until Tuesday because of the holiday I have to do Sunday. I'll keep up the water drinking and taking my vitamins on Sunday but normally I won't exercise-unless I am really bored, lol.

Like you Jules, I am going to do this exercise challenge a second week also just to get back in the habit of it. It's funny but I have actually missed exercising. Guess it was becoming a habit.

Sassy_Chick
01-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Hi Ladies!

Well I'm Happy to report that I am currently @ work and drinking WATER! It is a 32 Oz cup and it was full, so I figure if I can do a few of those, I should be good to go!!!! I actually wanted WATER! :woohoo:

Like you, Jules I wanna get the water down first then work on the exercise!!!!

WTG everybody! :cheer2:

Wanted to add: an interesting article I found about Water (http://www.bhg.com/bhg/printableStory.jhtml?storyid=/templatedata/lhj/story/data/WaterIntake.xml&catref=bcat141)

Sassy_Chick
01-07-2007, 02:12 AM
I drank my 2 x 32 oz of water! :cheer2:

Vortex_VVV
01-07-2007, 03:35 PM
WTG Sassy! I did my 6 glasses yesterday and I'm almost there today.

I want to be at 8 glasses a day at least, but since I've had so much difficulty with water in the past I decided to start with 6... next week I'll try 8, so I'll be sticking with the water challenge like Jules and Cristina.

Keep going, ladies!

FrouFrou
01-07-2007, 04:08 PM
WTG SASSY! :cheer: and WTG ANGELA! You ladies are doing well with the water.

I got my 6th day of exercise in :woohoo:! And you know...I am actually feeling GREAT! I've always hated exercise in the past. I think I always will dread doing it but I know it is something I have to do and so will. I know eventually I will probably cut back on the number of days but hoping that won't be anytime soon. The same with the water drinking. I have never cared for water at all, ick! But I know it is something that I have to do and so will do that as well. I'm hoping thought with the water that rather than cut back that I will learn to love it and eventually cut back on the diet soda or quit it altogether, the diet soda that is.

Thanks SASSY for the water link. I've seen this before but printed it out anyway. It's always nice to have that reminder. And...I want DD to read it so printed out a copy for her. She hardly drinks water at all and I can't get it thru her head that she needs to.

Anyway, feeling good.

Hugs ladies :hug:

jules1216
01-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Everyone is doing so great--I am so proud of us all!!

vannh9
01-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Ok Ladies..this will be a true testament to my female self..I am changing my mind..I excercised 10 minutes yesterday and thought I was going to die... I know if I try and do too many things at once I will get discouraged and give up. My NEW Accountablity challange is to post daily (while attempting to eat healthy)

Baby Steps..I hope the exercise comes..I was thinking Really BIG :-)

Thanks for understanding and I love seeing the water consumed... I drink a lot, but after reading here..probably not enough...thanks for being here!!! and thanks for understanding!!

Sassy_Chick
01-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Hey all we're all doing great! :cheer:

Keep up the good work!

suetalks
01-08-2007, 01:19 AM
IS Monday starting a new week? If so I will hope to report in a nice long walk 5 days this week.
I already drink lots of liquids, at least a half gallon of Crystal Light, not to mention anything I have for meals. Since I drink de-caf and sugar free I count it as water.
Once I get the walking going again I am going to work on some other form of exercise 3 days a week. And of course...the food thing..ugh!

Keep up the good work ladies.

FrouFrou
01-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Well, I was going to do another exercise challenge but I think I will switch to a water challenge this week. I need to drink more than the 64 oz. but that will be my challenge...getting the 64 oz in every day. I'm hoping to add to it but we will see.

HERE's TO A GOOD WEEK LADIES!:cheers:

suetalks
01-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Already know we won't walk today. They are working in our area and dust is flying...yikes. But I did lots of housework and some strength exercises. I even did squats, which I had never mastered before. Now we are off to eat Mexican...and I am planning to use the stairs as much as I can tonight. Every little bit helps....but I can't report a walk :(

Vortex_VVV
01-08-2007, 10:50 PM
I'm in for 64 oz. of water a day this week. I actually find myself getting thirstier... anyway, today was easy. Have a great week, all!

Sassy_Chick
01-09-2007, 02:03 AM
Hey All.

Well so far for my "Day" I've gotten in 51 Oz. and I'm working on 17 more ounces which will bring me to a total of 68 Oz.! I feel like I'm floating, but like a lot of you have said, I find myself actually wanting water! :carrot:

So my goal for this week is to keep up the water of course and try to add in some exercise. So I guess I should give a total of exercise, right?

Okay how about at least 5 minutes of exercise a day, hey I'm starting small and building! If I get more in, then that is great! ;)

:cheer2:

Sassy_Chick
01-10-2007, 01:38 AM
Well I am becoming best buds with the bathroom! lol. But I can tell a difference! I haven't yet exercise yet, but I will at least do some form of exercise before heading off to bed! Plus tomorrow, er um later on today (Wed.) I will be cleaning, so that is at least moving around a bit!

I hope you all are doing well!

FrouFrou
01-10-2007, 04:17 PM
WTG SASSY and ANGELA!

I didn't exercise yesterday because of the headache but back to it today. I didn't think I would get my water in either but I did, yay! :carrot: Yesterday that is. Still working on today's. I am lucky to get the 64 oz and anything over that is a bonus but I usually just aim for the 64 since I hate water. I honestly don't think there is anything that will ever make me like but I know I have to drink it so...

Keep on truckin' ladies! Or should I say "Keep on chuggin!"

Sassy_Chick
01-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Hey all.

Well I got in my water yesterday, but didn't get my exercise. :( I was going to do my workout I do that is on TV, but I didn't. :p Trying not to focus on that and just get up and try, try again! ;)

WTG everybody, you're doing GREAT! :woohoo:

jules1216
01-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Hey guys!! Monday was not a good water day for me, but I did better yesterday and today!!

Sassy_Chick
01-11-2007, 01:42 AM
Hey Jules.

No worries. Today was my bad water day. :( There is always tomorrow!

Stay Strong!

:hug:

FrouFrou
01-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Yesterday was my bad water day. I did get half of it in but went out to dinner with V before we went to Sams. I don't like to drink a lot when I am going somewhere...too many trips to the bathroom. But today I had all 64 oz. down by lunch time and I'll have more so doing good today.

WTG Jules and Sassy! :carrot: I think we all have bad days and that's okay. So wtg ladies!

Sassy_Chick
01-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Hey all. I did get my water in early this morning, but will probably drink more tonight......

WTG everybody! :cheer2:

FrouFrou
01-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Good job SASSY! :carrot:

I too got in my water yesterday and am working on todays, 1/2 way there.

Sassy_Chick
01-15-2007, 05:52 AM
Well I have to admit...........I have not been doing well. :(

I haven't been drinking my water as I should and I haven't been exercising. :(

I did however turn DOWN Strawberry Cheesecake! :carrot:

I WILL do better this week though!

How R U all doing?

:dust: to anybody who may need it, I know I do!!!!!!!

ellencrn
01-15-2007, 08:34 AM
I have been doing OK. I just spent 3 days at Mass. General Hospital with my husband and my appetite went downhill. I just couldn't find anything except fatfree coffee slurpees. It was mostly bagels and could never get to the cafe on time. Did walk up a few of the steep, steep hills, and that is about all the exercise I got. So I lost a few pounds. Am now home and hope I can keep it up.

Sassy_Chick
01-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Hey all,

Well I could be doing a lot better, but then again, I could be doing a lot worse too! So I'm not gonna be hard on myself, just try and try again to do better!

Take care all!

vannh9
01-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Hi Ladies..

You are all truly my inspiration!! I am doing great with the water and with the exception of one day I am totally still OP after 2 weeks...that alone is a miracle for me:-)

Still have to figure out how to move more and be content with what I am doing. I have started parking futher away from work..going up the stairs an extra time every night...

Progress, Not perfection

:-)

sz2atheart
01-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Evening ladies!!

Why is it so hard to take that first step to exercise when afterward...while we are catching our breath, sweaty, panting and feeling euphoric (no, I'm not talking about sex) about finally, yes finally exercising. Come to think about it...it really is like sex. You know, we have all been there, not really in the mood but afterward, ohh, la la,....it really was worth it!! But really ladies, why does it have to be such a chore (no, not the sex)? I felt so much better about myself after I exercised today. I hope that I can keep it up. My legs were killing me tonight at my weekly line dancing with friends but I kept on dancing just thinking about all the calories I was burning. Wish me luck tomorrow. Oh, and I have peed my brains out with finally drinking my water today!!

FrouFrou
01-18-2007, 03:44 PM
ELLEN...hope all is well with DH. You would think being a hospital there would be more healthy choices there. Of course if it is after the cafeteria is closed about the only thing they have is the vending machines. I know it's not the way we want to lose weight but you did lose so kudos to you! :carrot:

TAMMY...I hear ya! I have the hardest time getting started and have to force myself to do anything at times. But yeah, I am so glad after I do it because I do always feel better, always. Even if I drag myself to It Figures and go in slow mo, lol. Kudos to you for getting it done! :carrot:

SASSY...one thing I learned is how not to use the word "try" I don't know where I saw it but there is something about taking the word try out of your vocabulary and instead tell yourself you are going to do it. And :thanks: Of course I do it myself...I say try a lot...going to "try" change it though. :lol:

Coming from someone who hasn't exercised today, :lol: But I am going to do a 2 mile walk after Jeopardy this evening. I've been on the go this morning and got a late start on the day so...doing good still with the water, actually with the exercise too.

Keep on keeping on ladies! :carrot:

Sassy_Chick
01-22-2007, 07:02 AM
Well...............I can say I have been drinking water, not as much as I would like too, but at least I am drinking some..........

Haven't done too much exercising since my arm got hurt, I know, not a good excuse........

So for this week:

I WILL drink more water and I WILL exercise!

(How's that Cristina?) lol.

:cheer2: