Weight Loss Support - The "What I did for ME" thread - January!!

MissH
01-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Rockinrobin came up with a great idea to make these threads monthly. Sounds pretty good to me. :)

What did you do for yourself today that was good? A good decision. It can be anything.

Getting some exercise

Eating a healthy meal

Eating a smaller-than-normal portion of dessert

Passing on the dessert tray at a restaurant

Saying "no" to someone instead of always being the one to say "yes"

It can be anything. Anything that makes you feel good and not feel like running to food.

I'm going to try and post something on this thread daily. It may take until the end of the day before I do something good for myself, but I will try every day. I'd love for everyone to post here daily. Let's see how long we can make this thread.

Sooo - here we are Jan. 1, 2007. I got out of bed early even though everyone else is off today and did a 2 mile walk and some ab work. AND I abstained from the fattening breakfast I made for my family. Instead, I ate a grapefruit, egg whites, and skim milk. No, I don't feel deprived. :)

MissH
01-02-2007, 08:33 AM
No one else did anything good for themselves yesterday? Iamfire did - she posted on the Dec. thread. :) :)

Reality starts today. In other words, vacation is over. It's back to the grind, and being gone almost every night of the week. I will have to work hard at doing something for ME every day. ;)

Do something for yourSELF today! :)

Jen415
01-02-2007, 09:48 AM
What I did for me today:

I packed a good healthy food bag for work: banana, yougurt, almonds, pear, orange and a WW Smart Ones.

ladyinwhite
01-02-2007, 10:37 AM
I ate a healthy breakfast instead of the sugary oatmeal and toast that the family ate. Then I worked out, showered and stuck to my new face cream routine. It sounds corny but I'm a wash and go ivory girl kinda chick and lately I've been really into using a quality face cream and then applying a bit of make up. Makes me feel so.. put together throughout my day.

Oh - and I'm wearing sexy black lace underwear! Just for ME. :D

ennay
01-02-2007, 10:54 AM
made myself REAL coffee this morning to tackle both bloat and headache.

MissH
01-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Jen - YAY for thinking ahead and coming prepared! :)

Ladyinwhite - very nice! Hey, have you tried the new Quaker oatmeal in packets - the one with lower sugar content? I adore maple and brown sugar, but rarely eat it because of the calorie and sugar content. Well, I bought the lower sugar kind, and it's YUMMY! I had that, egg whites, and skim milk for breakfast.

Ennay - real coffee is best! ;) LOL

iamfire - I'm jealous! I need a massage. :cool:

I've already got my workout in today, and my first two meals of the day have been very healthy.

Sunnigummi
01-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Hey all,
Did my 4 mile walk this morning. Will be doing abs, squats and lunges tonight.

Rosario
01-02-2007, 02:56 PM
I woke up at 6am to go to the gym.

And something I didn't do, was buy cookies or chocolate when I went to the grocery store (damn those checkout aisle tempters!)

Gogirl008
01-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Today is my "officially back on track" day and I think I'm off to a good start. I did my workout DVD this morning (needed it badly), and I took a long walk with the kids. It's more exercise than I've had in 6 weeks. I'm also still well within my calorie range for the day. I feel really optimistic about everything today. Love to hear what everyone else is doing for themselves too!

NewDay4MeToo
01-02-2007, 04:43 PM
I am back to 3FC after a 3 day break! I have been running around, visiting friends in another city and eating out all the time for the last few days.

Today, I am back at 3FC and back to eating my regular foods again.

ArtsyGirl
01-02-2007, 06:03 PM
I took a nap. I'm fighting a cold and it was nice to get a little extra sleep. I also got in my exercise goals for the day-just so you don't think I'm a total slacker.

hotnewspirits
01-02-2007, 06:19 PM
I went grocery shopping and didn't buy anything chocolatey or salty like chips or anything.

I know it sounds simple but usually when I buy something like ice cream I rationalize at the store that I'll eat it in moderation and I never do... but out of sight out of mind!

Obsidianbbw
01-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Finally got around starting the paint job in my living room. I think I was mentally waiting for the holidays and everything to be ready. Anyway, I now have a big dark brick red accent wall I will do the rest during the week. For my very first paint job it isn't horrible, but will need to go over spots on the ceiling again.

MissH
01-02-2007, 11:06 PM
I woke up at 6am to go to the gym.

And something I didn't do, was buy cookies or chocolate when I went to the grocery store (damn those checkout aisle tempters!)
Rosario, kudos to you for that! Tonight I made it out of the drug store WITHOUT candy! That's big for me.

It wasn't really a struggle. I just said to myself, "Nope, I don't want any candy." Heck, I even walked right by it. lol Sounds silly, but that's a big thing for me.

MissH
01-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Well, last night I decided to NOT give in to my emotions and eat. So there. :)

I woke up with a tinge of anxiety still, but I ate a healthy breakfast anyway.

jcatron243
01-03-2007, 01:08 PM
THis is a great thread. Today I actually Planned my meals. (I have been Off Plan since Thanksgiving and gained 5 pounds) Today I started off right with my protien shake and planned my meals!!!

ArtsyGirl
01-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Today I found a healthy soup recipe, went to the store and bought the ingrediants, came home cooked it up and then packaged it into single serving dishes in the fridge and freezer. Now I have a healthy lunch for a few days. This is huge for me as I really dont cook. I feel so good about doing this and planning on healthy eating I might just try it more often.

MissH
01-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Yay, artsygirl and jc! :carrot:

I did so many good things for myself yesterday it's crazy!

Today I got my rear out of bed and got 20 min. on my stationary bike to help get my day going.

And another 1/2 pound loss. :)

rockinrobin
01-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Yay!!! I've done a couple of things for ME already today and it's just after noon.

#1 - I went grocery shopping this morning and bought about 6 pounds of chicken cutlets. I cleaned them all and weighed then and wrapped them individually and froze them. Although it takes me a while, a long while in fact, to do that it is a pleasure to just be able to grab them as I need them. I eat chicken cutlets probaly 4x a week.

#2 - I JUST ORDERED 3 WALK AWAY THE POUNDS videos. I'm very excited.

MissH
01-04-2007, 01:17 PM
RR, that's awesome!! :carrot:

Yesterday I just received Leslie's 1 mile jog! YAY!

Obsidianbbw
01-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Stay on program yesterday, which means I ate what I planned. Also didn't buy anything (trying to eat out less).

mary27
01-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Today I made some nice healthy broccoli soup and resisted the temptation to add cream to it and eat it with big chunks of bread and butter!:chef:

ArtsyGirl
01-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Today I started to work on an art project that I've been wanting to do, but afraid to try. Hard to explain I know. Anyways, now its nearly finished and I'm happy with the results:dancer:

Mary-good job resisting the cream. That'd be a hard one for me.

RR-horray for advanced prep. Hope your workouts arrive soon.

MissH-WAY on the 1/2 pound. Good job on the bike.:bike:

ennay
01-04-2007, 08:32 PM
tried the online/pick up at store grocery shopping...the pros - dont have to take kids, cant impulse buy. the cons - forgot something and I probably would have remembered wandering the aisles and well....they are still REALLY new at this and it got fubar'd

MissH
01-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Artsygirl - good for you!

Ennay - I love online shopping, but I haven't tried grocery shopping yet. :)

Yesterday I avoided potential disaster. Okay, maybe a mini disaster. As I became increasingly frustrated and anxious yesterday, I decided that instead of eating (which I REALLY wanted to do), I would go to my workout room and do a quick upper body weight training session. So, I did! I am so glad I made that choice instead of eating. Now, if this can only become a habit for me again!

Obsidianbbw
01-05-2007, 09:15 AM
:bravo: One mini disaster averted at a time is all it takes :D

Yesterday I avoided potential disaster. Okay, maybe a mini disaster. As I became increasingly frustrated and anxious yesterday, I decided that instead of eating (which I REALLY wanted to do), I would go to my workout room and do a quick upper body weight training session. So, I did! I am so glad I made that choice instead of eating. Now, if this can only become a habit for me again!

rockinrobin
01-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Did my major shopping yesterday, somehow I forgot a couple of my staples, like cauliflower and kirbys. So, I walked, in the rain to go pick up those items and a few others while I was there. It's about a mile walk.

100percentME
01-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Yesterday was a great day! I did my workout video (45min) and then later walked on the treadmill (36 min). I didnt eat great but i avoided a lot of the cookies and sweets that were presented to me while at a friends house. And....i DIDNT weigh myself at all!!!! I usually weigh myself 2 or more times a day so its really hard for me to resist stepping on the scale. But i made it through one ENTIRE day!!!!:dance: :dance: :dance:

MissH
01-06-2007, 01:24 AM
You are correct, Obsidian. :D

RR - kudos to you!!

100%me - Bonus points for not getting on the scale. (too much is a baaaaaad thing. lol)

MissH
01-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Nice going, iamfire!

You are soooo right. What we recite in our minds is very important. Too many times in the past, I'll have worked my butt off for a week or two, seen no results, and said, "Oh, to **** with it. I'll eat crap now."

Consistency is the key. LONG TERM consistency.

ennay
01-06-2007, 09:49 AM
yesterday I looked at all the things that needed to get done and crawled in bed with my baby and took a nap/cuddle. :)

MissH
01-06-2007, 05:07 PM
yesterday I looked at all the things that needed to get done and crawled in bed with my baby and took a nap/cuddle. :)
Awww! I remember those days! :hug:

THis morning I put myself first. I had a nice, long workout (5 mile walk) before tackling other things I needed to do today. So happy it's done today!

MissH
01-08-2007, 02:09 PM
iamfire, lucky you! :)

Well, the good news is that this morning I did 30 min. on my bike.

The bad news is that Sat. night and all day Sunday were horrible! I made bad choices for myself all day Sunday, and it started with Sat. night. :mad: That might be so bad, you say, BUT -- I GAINED 3 1/2 POUNDS from Sat. night to this morning!!!!! Who the **** gains that much weight in TWO DAYS?? I am so mad. Mad at myself, of course, but mad that I can't even binge for a day and a half without gaining SO MUCH weight. That is lame. :mad: :mad:

I'm just POed right now!

Obsidianbbw
01-08-2007, 03:06 PM
When you say binge do you ment...I ate half a gallon of ice cream in one sitting, or I had a cup full of ice cream. Rather than beat yourself up, something good for yourself (like your bike ride) Also I might point out you didn't sweep this under the rug and pretend like it didn't happen. Maybe next time you need a break you'll take it and eat less?

The bad news is that Sat. night and all day Sunday were horrible! I made bad choices for myself all day Sunday, and it started with Sat. night. :mad: That might be so bad, you say, BUT -- I GAINED 3 1/2 POUNDS from Sat. night to this morning!!!!! Who the **** gains that much weight in TWO DAYS?? I am so mad. Mad at myself, of course, but mad that I can't even binge for a day and a half without gaining SO MUCH weight. That is lame. :mad: :mad:

I'm just POed right now!

MissH
01-08-2007, 03:23 PM
When you say binge do you ment...I ate half a gallon of ice cream in one sitting, or I had a cup full of ice cream. Rather than beat yourself up, something good for yourself (like your bike ride) Also I might point out you didn't sweep this under the rug and pretend like it didn't happen. Maybe next time you need a break you'll take it and eat less?
Meaning, I ate horribly Sat. night and Sunday. :mad:

wanna b thin
01-08-2007, 03:53 PM
MissH,
Today is a new day and you started with 30 min. on your bike, Congratulations. Drink lots of water and make better choices today. You'll be surprised how quickly that 3 1/2 pounds drops off. I have put on that much plus more some weekends. Don't dwell on it, just get back on track. You'll do it!

MissH
01-08-2007, 05:31 PM
MissH,
Today is a new day and you started with 30 min. on your bike, Congratulations. Drink lots of water and make better choices today. You'll be surprised how quickly that 3 1/2 pounds drops off. I have put on that much plus more some weekends. Don't dwell on it, just get back on track. You'll do it!
Thank you, Obsidian and wanna b thin. :hug:

I've been putting myself first today (but NOT neglecting others). And in fact, I've gotten more done, too. I've eaten very well, AND since I am actually still fuming because of this weekend, I lifted weights today. Normally, I'd continue eating because I was mad. So, I'd just punish myself. Isn't that silly?

But screw that. I will keep working hard. Long term consistancy is the key.

Dang, it's hard, though. :dizzy:

ennay
01-08-2007, 06:05 PM

I'm just POed right now!

most of that was probably bloat...I gained 4 lbs from new years eve morn, to new years day morn....I did eat a lot, but not 14000 calories...it took about 4 days to work itself out.

MissH
01-08-2007, 07:26 PM
most of that was probably bloat...I gained 4 lbs from new years eve morn, to new years day morn....I did eat a lot, but not 14000 calories...it took about 4 days to work itself out.
Why does it always take two or three times longer to get rid of? :tantrum:

haha

MissH
01-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Wow - 3 days since anyone posted on this thread? Surely we are making some good choices for ourselves, yes? ;)

Yesterday I didn't think I'd be able to get in a workout, but some extra time opened up for me in the morning, so I took the opportunity to get in a great workout. :)

Today - I will try to eat really well all day.

NewDay4MeToo
01-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Today I went out and took a jog/walk. It felt good, and it had been a long time so I felt proud of me.

scrappinRN
01-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Ok today I went ot the doctor and found out my cholesterol, triglycerides, and LDL are crazy out of whack. So, I know this sounds crazy that I think I did something for me, but it is doing something for me. I have changed my focus from trying to lose weight to saving my life, so today I decided to save my life.:carrot:

starchild
01-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Hi everyone. I'm fairly new at 3FC. Mind if I join in on this really cool thread? Here goes...

Today I stuck to my new self-imposed "no-riding-the-elevator-at-work" policy (day 6 and counting). It's only two flights, but I travel from 1st to 2nd floor and back several times a day and taking the stairs instead of the elevator has given me a nice boost to my other daily exercise.

starchild
01-12-2007, 11:05 PM
That's a good one, too! Maybe I'll try it at someplace like Wal-Mart.

Obsidianbbw
01-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Been missing in action because I was anxiety about the scale. Did my weigh in and was down 3 lbs, so I took thur and friday off. Today got up did 5 miles watp, weights and finally finished my second wall.

I wonder how many calories you burn painting because I sure broke out a sweat.

:carrot:

Nikaia
01-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Last night, when faced with the choice of making Pastaroni (cause it's easy) or making real dinner (healthy stuff), I made myself real food. Chicken with a garlic-shoyu-ginger marinade and brown rice. And I actually really enjoyed it!

And I went out to a dance club last night, which is way out of my comfort zone, but I still had an okay time.

rockinrobin
01-18-2007, 08:18 PM
I want clothes shopping!!!! I bought myself a real cute little shirt and I bought myself a suede-ish, fur-ish lined zip up sweater jacket. I love it and feel so good in it. I bought it a bit snug, so that I can have it a while as I continue to lose weight.

ennay
01-18-2007, 08:43 PM
I finally got a long languishing to-do off my list. I rebalanced and redistributed both my and dh's 401K's. Both of our plans overwent changes a couple years ago and they automatically chose the new investments closest to our old investments. Yowza, they picked the WORST of all the options...of course

rockinrobin
01-19-2007, 11:53 AM
I went out in the snow, not much, but enough to be a nusiance, and walked to the grocery store and back to got my fat free/sugar free yogurt. Can't be without em.

MissH
01-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Today and yesterday I played in the snow with my boys, even though I had a million other things to do. We had fun. :)

dcapulet
01-21-2007, 04:43 PM
i exercised for myslef, although i didn't go to the gym. i listened to what my body wanted.

artmaker
01-21-2007, 07:49 PM
I ate a Vietnemese lunch out with a friend and only had nonfried spring rolls and soup....and I was stuffed! Exercised 3 times. Did an art project. Great day!

Wildfyre
01-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Played with my dogs in the yard for a good long time.

Did my exercise DVD and didn't even worry about how many calories I was burning.

Sat down to dinner with my family and managed not to mess myself up. I stayed well within my calorie budget for the day.

And since I'm so on track for the day, I think I'll treat myself to a little hot apple cider.

Cheryl14
01-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Hi All!

This morning I began by doing my Snowshoveling Workout to remove the new 1/2 foot of white stuff that drifted across our driveway and sidewalk over the night. I checked on the "Calorie Expenditures" for everyday activities and found that 30 minutes of snow shoveling burns between 390 and 429 calories a half hour for a person weighing between 200 and 220 pounds! I was out there a half hour, so I figure I burned at least 400 calories right there AND have a shoveled driveway to boot!:)

Next, I had a nice bowl of steamy oatmeal with sliced fresh stawberries and Boston Cream Pie fat-free yogurt. Mmmmmm!:val1:

I'm here with you guys while my breakfast settles a bit, and then I am off to walk 4 miles with Leslie Sansone and her crew.

Oh, and last night I actually got out all the parts of the outfit including jewelry that I am going to wear today for when my husband and I go out for the day. I thought to myself how much more fun it is to pick an outfit these days because I want to SHOW OFF my weight loss now instead of pick an outfit which will HIDE my weight! (Did we REALLY think ANY OUTFIT would ever hide that weight?!!!)

Have a great day, everyone, and I'll see ya back here later on this evening!

Cheryl

Obsidianbbw
01-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Finally went to the super runner store and spent alot more than usual on sneakers. Hopefully my heel won't and it will help the pronation. I am thinking of it as an investment in a better me.

Gamerchick
01-28-2007, 01:19 PM
A little late, but for me on the 23rd, I started my diet again.

And today, I decided to let myself feel better about my weight. I let myself feel proud of myself for losing 10 pounds today!