100 lb. Club - My Daily Commitments Week of 1/1-1/7

NESunshine
01-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Alright well I'm getting us started for the new year! Its strange, its not that today is any different than yesterday but somehow hitting January 1 makes me give a big sigh of relief. The holidays are over, tomorrow I can get back to my regular schedule and get back on my hardcore eating plan. I've finished school so I will have time to get to the gym in the evening during the week. Somehow today seems cleaner.

1. I started off with a healthy breakfast, continue that through lunch and dinner with no unhealthy snacking
2. Water & exercise
3. cook healthy lunches for work for the rest of the week
4. put together my 2007 budget

108tolose
01-01-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm ready to get back on a routine, too. Well, for a week, then I have to go out of town for work. I've already posted today's commitments in the other thread, but I wanted to get down my exercise goals for the rest of the week (I'm a planner) and then have more fine tuned commitments every day.

Tuesday - Gym - cardio and weights
Wednesday - Gym - cardio and weights
Thursday - Gym - cardio and weights
Friday - Weather permitting, walk at lunch for 1/2 hour. Otherwise, some intentional exercise.
Saturday - Gym if the kids cooperate - cardio only. Otherwise, some intentional exercise
Sunday - Some intentional exercise

MaWhit
01-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Jumping in here...

Today's goals/plans:

Reduce gluten in diet
track calories
exercise 20+ minutes

MaWhit
01-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Somehow today seems cleaner.
Yes, I know what you mean. :)

JennyWenny
01-01-2007, 02:42 PM
I know what you mean, Sunshine. New year, new lease on life.

My goals for today:

:)Water, water, water.....did I mention water.
:)Eat and snack healthy.
:)Get some food prepared for when I go back to work Wed.

CLCSC145
01-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Oops, I posted in the other one. I'll move over here tomorrow!

Xan
01-01-2007, 04:20 PM
I love it when the first of the month is on a Monday. It satisfies some basic need for order in me :)

My goal for this year is to lose 20 pounds a quarter. That should be doable. The strategy to reach it is:
1. Eat carefully, eliminate junk food. (more a problem for me than portion control)
2. Walk at least 20 minutes a day.

That's it, to start.

CLCSC145
01-02-2007, 01:53 AM
I just had the CRAZIEST walk and had to tell you all about it...

I should have known this was no ordinary windy night when I got passed by a Christmas tree. I didn't know until I got home, but there is a high wind warning with 65-70 mile gusts here tonight. It's trash day tomorrow so everything that was out at the curb is now flying down the street. Christmas trees, trash cans, their contents, everything. At first it was kinda fun. The wind was at my back propelling me along. I didn't think about having to walk home back into the wind.

So I'm trudging along headlong into the wind and I get hit in the forehead with a flying pinecone. I kid you not! And I have the red mark to prove it. Then while watching a plastic Santa dangle from a balcony, Christmas lights caught on his foot being the only thing preventing him from an appointment with the sidewalk, the barrette holding my bangs off of my face blew out of my hair and into the darkness never to be found again. So my bangs are whipping at my eyes and then I saw this cloud illuminated by the streetlights. Uh oh. Smoke from a brush fire? Nope. Dust storm. I guess that's what you'd call it, never having been hit in the face by one before. So I've got grit in my eyes, tear streaming out of my eyes across my temples rather than down my cheeks :stress:, my hair is whipped into a tangled frenzy :fr:, I've got a growing lump on my forehead :stars: , my foot hurts like the devil from the plantar faciitis :devil:, garbage is flying everywhere :tree:, the resistance walking into the wind is kicking my rear :kickbutt: (that's something gyms should look into - a wind machine treadmill room) and it dawns on me... :idea:

I love this. :carrot: I love that I'm the only one out and about who is stupid/committed enough to spend 45 minutes walking in this weather. I love that it was more important to me to get in my exercise than to sit inside and use the wind as an reason to sit on the couch instead. That never occurred to me and I love that!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go wash the sand out of my nose... :D

rockinrobin
01-02-2007, 07:19 AM
CC, let me just start off by saying what a pretty post that was. All colorful and cutsie with all those smilies and stuff. It certainly sounds like quite an interesting walk. So full of danger and excitement. But, umm, YOU CRAZY NUT, YOU COULD HAVE REALLY BEEN INJURED!!!!!. Thank g-d it was only a pine cone that hit your noggin', what if G-d forbid it would have been something worse?!?! Okay now. Having said that YOU GO GIRL!!!! What exactly WOULD it take for you to STAY HOME and sit on that couch all safe and snug? I hope the forehead is feeling better and I hope you successfully removed the dirt/sand from your eyes. Maybe you ought to consider one of those WALKING AWAY THE POUNDS dvds that you can do at home, just in case another wind storm occurs. Huh, whatcha think? ;)

Missed posting yesterdays' commitments but nevertheless had a really good day.

As for today, I'd like to-

-Drink lots and lots of water, the bathroom is my new favorite spot to be, not that I have a choice in the matter, when you gotta go - YOU GOTTA GO.
-Eat well
-Exercise frequently, including a walk and continue to "sneak" in exercise at every opportunity.
-S L O W down on the eating. If I commit to it enough it will become second nature, right?
-Remember that I want to be thin more then I want the food.

NESunshine
01-02-2007, 08:31 AM
Mornin,
CC, I for one am all for battling the elements and taking on mother nature for a good walk/hike....remind me to tell you sometime about hiking the alps.... And well told by the way, reading that post was a good way to start my morning!

Well I started off the New Years right. I rolled in at just about 1700 calories for the day yesterday and hit the gym and upped my intensity (I was there for 2 hours!) I was really motivated watching the Biggest Loser Marathon. My quicken is on the fritz so I never got my budget done but thats ok. I've got my food for today planned which rolls me in at about 1350 calories and I'm gonna aim for the gym after work.

Ahhhh work, I'm so happy to be going back! I'm also setting my first 2007 mini goal and that is to be at 210 by January 31. That will mean a steady 3lb per week weight loss which for me I think is attainable. Wish me luck!

For today
1. Water.
2. Follow my food that I've planned for the day.
3. Try to get to the gym after work.
4. Write down all of my goals for 2007
5. Fix my quicken!

Mrs Quadcrew
01-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Hello everyone! This will be the first time I have ever made a post about committing to anything! (hmmm.....maybe that is why I am at 270 pounds??)

1. Start walking TODAY. I need to do this for ME (and our dog could use the exorcize too!)

2. Be concious of when I am thirsty - and drink WATER when I am.

3. Stick to the PLAN ~ if I don't do it, no one will do it for me.

MaWhit
01-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Jumping in here...

Today's goals/plans:

Reduce gluten in diet
track calories
exercise 20+ minutes

I met all of yesterday's goals. :D Today's goals:

track calories and stay at or under 1900
exercise 30+ minutes

108tolose
01-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Well, I didn't hit my intentional exercise commitment yesterday. Unless you count following behind my 2-year-old and pulling her down/off/out of places she wasn't supposed to be! I did exceptional last night with my mom's cooking (and it was SO good). I did get full before I quit eating, but only a few more bites and even left some on my plate. HUGE accomplishment for me! The eating more slowly is working too. I still finish before my husband (who could win any slow eating contest), but at least I'm not getting fidgity before he finishes.

Today -
-- Gym (woo-hoo!)
-- Drink water
-- DO NOT LEAVE for lunch...there are soups in the drawer...I do NOT need to go pick something up!
-- Continue eating slowly
-- Take my vitamin when I get home (I forgot it this morning)

GirlyGirlSebas
01-02-2007, 12:53 PM
CC, with that kind of commitment, the scales should have a big drop on your next weigh-in, right?

I am battling a flu bug today :( so I dont think eating too much is going to be a problem! I've decided to make 1 or 2 commitments, or changes, each day and add to them daily. If I try to change everything at once, I will get very overwhelmed. So, todays changes....

1) No sugar in my coffee. This is a toughie but a biggie for me! If I can stop the sugar first thing in the morning, I will have gotten my days started off on the right track and it will be easier to stay with the program for the rest f the day.
2) Water, water, water....will drink 8 glasses.

CLCSC145
01-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Good morning!

I'm still laughing about my walk. My red forehead mark is ATTRACTIVE! Truly, I didn't think it was that windy until I got out of my immediate neighborhood (I think the houses were blocking the worst of it). Anywho, no walk for a few days -- I could hardly walk on that foot this morning.

For today, here are my commitments:
:) Eat healthy foods
:) Drink extra water to compensate for the dry air
:) Use the elliptical
:) Finish my 2006 expenses (4 months worth - WHY do I procrastinate?)

Robin, since I'm known for loving to walk in heavy rain and jump in the puddles, I guess the only thing that makes me want to stay on the couch is heat/humidity!

Sunshine, I can't wait for the Alps story. Yodelayhehoo!!

Everyone else, great job on the commitments! Where are Nalynn, CaseyGail, and PNG hiding???

JennyWenny
01-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Today is my last free day before going back to work tomorrow.:( Me and the kids slept in till 8:30. That never happens. I know I will regret it when I have to start getting up at 6 a.m. again.:dizzy:

Commitments for the day:
>Drink plenty of water. Always have some on hand.
>Go join a gym today. Check out whe classes are.
>Clean girls' room. Still a mess from Christmas.

PNG 2
01-02-2007, 06:36 PM
urg... Ok, so, I'm back... for sure this time, I think... LOL

I've been through a lot since Christmas eve... been practically homeless, my furnace blew on Christmas eve... we fixed it the 26th, it broke again the 27th... sigh... now it's fixed for good... or at least has been for the last few days.... so... keep fingers crossed for me :D

OK, my commitments for the week... for the month, for the year...LOL

Drink as much water as I can stomach.
Eat way less food than I can stomach =)
Dust off all of the exercise videos, and rotate them, plus practice bellydance a couple times a week.
Stop scale obsessing... it messes me up every time. (I'm having hubby pack the scale away... I can measure in other ways, not so often that I get cocky and eat something I shouldn't or get depressed and eat something I shouldn't)
Remember, it's not a race, it's not a competition, just do what I know I should do, because I SHOULD, not because John's doing this or Jill's doing that...
Let go of my unrealistic expectations.
Spend at least an hour a day knitting, better than meditation for relaxation, I swear =)

NESunshine
01-02-2007, 06:38 PM
YAY PNG!!!
So glad you're back! Sounds like you've had a tough couple of weeks so I'm sending all of my good week mojo in your direction!!!

CLCSC145
01-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Welcome back, PNG! Wow, sucky Christmas. I'm sorry! Your goals sound awesome, though. Let us know if we can help!

patae
01-02-2007, 08:50 PM
My commitments are:Start walking for exercise 4 times a week.
Drink eight glasses of water at least.
Cut out the refined sugar.

Xan
01-02-2007, 10:06 PM
My goals today are the same as yesterday's (and will be for awhile, until I'm sure I've mastered them):
1. No junk food.
2. Walk 20 minutes.
Met them both days. I think it's safe to add a third -- journal every day. Met that, too.

NESunshine
01-03-2007, 08:34 AM
Good Morning!
Well good news today... I got on the scale to check in and I'm down 4 pounds....if that isn't motivation then I don't know what is. I'm feeling a bit nausous this morning which is kind of strange for me, and I'm also really tired. I can't say I slept very well but I'm just hoping that it will pass
For today
1. don't overdue it...don't get sick.
2. try to hit the gym again
3. 1600 calories!
4. try to do some ab workouts...its really the place that needs the most work and gets neglected the most when i exercise

rockinrobin
01-03-2007, 08:43 AM
PNG, I am so, so sorry to hear you've had such a difficult time. :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed:

Welcome to Xan and patae, MrsQuadcrew and Mawhit - glad to have more commited ladies aboard for the ride!!!

108tolose, you are VERY funny and yes I think rescuing little girls from dangerous situations DOES indeed count for intentional exercise. Ummmm in fact I think it should count as doube, no make that triple, yeah triple. WTG on Mom's food.

Girlygirl, sorry to hear you're not feeling well, I hope you're feeling MUCH, MUCH better today.

JennyWenny, yes, it is WONDERFUL to be able to sleep til 8:30, ahhh. But then oh so hard to get back to "normal".

Sunshine, I wish I would have known about the Biggest Loser Marathon. I love, love, love the show!!!!! Hmmm and to think I used to love, love, love the Food Network. Actually that's not the truth, I hated watching the food, I was only interested in EATING food. Oh how sad.
4 POUNDS!!!!! Yessss............. So happy for you!!!!

CC, I too have procrastinated and am stuck with piles of 2006 work that could have been done in ..... well umm 2006. Whatever.

I AM SO GLAD YESTERDAY IS OVER!!!!!!!

I kinda grazed all day long. Granted it was on healthy, healthy foods. I ate chicken breast, spinach, carrots, spaghetti squash, a tiny meatball, broccoli, red peppers and broiled tomatos. Yup, I went through the leftovers. I'm fairly certain I didn't do awful calorie wise, but nevertheless, it was that out of control yucky feeling. I kinda picked all day. Everything I ate was STANDING UP. With all that picking, I obviously skipped my regular lunch and dinner. BUT I NEVER USED A PLATE OR A FORK. Horrible, horrrible feeling. Managed to drink well, and exercise, although I didn't walk :( .

Today I'd like to-

-As much as I'd like to forget yesterday's fiasco, I'd like to remember how awful I felt, so as to never repeat it again
-Eat well, like a human, not a neanderthal - plate and fork, umm sitting down perhaps
-Drink - lots and lots, maybe though stop at an earlier hour, getting up 4 x a night to pee is not something I enjoy.
-Exercise, like your life depends on it (well it kinda does, in fact)
-NO NIBBLING, NO NIBBLINg, NO NIBBLING
-Remeber that I want to be thin, more then I want the food
-And most importantly - NO NIBBLING

Have a stupendous day everyone!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave:

108tolose
01-03-2007, 08:59 AM
Yesterday was freaky. I put breakfast, lunch and supper into FitDay and ended up at 936 calories (I had enough at supper to finally bring my final calorie count to over 1400). What caused it was I didn't have a single snack all day. So...

1. EAT SNACKS
2. Continue eating slowly (I finished after my husband last night!!)
3. Go to the gym (maybe walk at lunch?)

GirlyGirlSebas
01-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Good morning, Everyone! Feeling much better today..only a slight headache...I do believe the flu bug is gone...:woohoo:

Did so-so on yesterday's commitments...no sugar in the coffee :carrot: Didn't drink quite enough water...some, but not 8 glasses.

Today's commitments - still no sugar, plus....
1) Drink at least 8 glasses of water
2) Walk for one hour
3) Schedule full physical for myself and hubby.

Also, I have to STAY OFF THE SCALES!!! I made the big mistake of getting on the scales this morning..and they show an increase of 1lb. I know I lose extremely slowly and my water fluctuates because of the hormone therapy...so I know better than to get on the scales more than once a week.

JennyWenny
01-03-2007, 09:11 AM
Commitments for the day:
>Drink plenty of water. Always have some on hand.
>Go join a gym today. Check out whe classes are.
>Clean girls' room. Still a mess from Christmas.

Met my goals for yesterday :carrot:

I ended up walking for 35 min. at the gym. Didn't do anything else due to time restraint, but plan on doing more tonight.

Commitments for today:
>Drink plenty of water. This will be harder today. I go back to work. I work with special needs kids, so I can't be going to the bathroom every half hour. Sometimes we just get so busy, we don't have time for snacking or much of anything.
>Go to gym tonight. Try out some weights.
>Don't expect immediate results. This will take time.

Mrs Quadcrew
01-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Girly - glad you are feeling better today!! I am right there with you on the scale issue. I have always been "addicted" to that thing. This time I REFUSE to be a slave to it. Once a week, and you know, it's different this time. I don't have the obsessive urge to go stand on it!!

Today's comittments ~

1. walk my 1/2 hour
2. find a work out video that I will actually DO
3. clean out the cupboards

MaWhit
01-03-2007, 11:40 AM
I met all of yesterday's goals. :D Today's goals:

track calories and stay at or under 1900
exercise 30+ minutes

Goals met! Same for today. :)

okiechick
01-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Well, this is my first day back to work. I had oatmeal for breakfast and made a wrap for lunch. I was offered peanut butter crunchies and walked away before I would even see what they lookes like! Everyone is trying to pawn their Christmas goodies off on each other...lol
Goals
* Eat healthy planned meals (lots of veggies for dinner...I have been bad about that)
* Walk 35 minutes instead of 30
* Drink all my water.... half way there
Have a great day everyone!

CLCSC145
01-03-2007, 02:36 PM
I didn't meet my exercise goal for yesterday. Poo. But today is another day! Eating went well and I had another little leap downward in the scale. I barely had time to get to experience the 290's and I'm SOOO not sad about that! Hello 280's! Is there a better way to start the day?!? (Or a worse day if it moves up?)

For today:
:) Eat sensibly
:) Waaaaater
:) For the love of Pete, EXERCISE!
:) Keep working on expenses... Yuck.

Good vibes to all of you today!

PattyW
01-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Daily Commitments

January 1:
Follow Sonoma
Drink 100 ounces of water
Walk a mile
Met goals

January 2:
Follow Sonoma
Walk a mile
Met goals

January 3:
Follow Sonoma
Walk a mile, increasing pace on the hill
Get to bed before midnight
Failed :( I didn't get to bed until 2 a.m. and had to get up at 5:30

January 4:
Follow Sonoma
Walk a mile, increasing pace on the hill
Get to bed before 1 a.m.
Failed :( I didn't make it to bed by 1 a.m.

January 5:
Follow Sonoma
Walk a mile, continuing fast pace up the hill
Met Goals

PNG 2
01-03-2007, 07:16 PM
OK, I'm having a really hard time motivating today... meh, I'm doing ok on food and water today...could have had less coffee...lol. I haven't done more than a few bellydance isolations while doing the dishes, exercise wise... I seem to have totally lost my mojo :|

Goals: Eat a good healthy dinner, and nothing after... (since I'm so late getting in here...)

Get in at least 30 minutes of SOME kind of movement.

Plan better for tomorrow!

I'll also try to post better tomorrow, i'm just... meh today :(

Mrs Quadcrew
01-03-2007, 07:39 PM
PNG - I hope you feel better tomorrow. I hate it when I have those kind of days.

JennyWenny
01-03-2007, 07:44 PM
CLCSC145--Hurray for breaking the 280's. That is awesome! :dancer:

Met my goals for today already. Just got back from the gym. Walked for 30 mins. and did some weights. Feels pretty good.

Going to go ahead and set my goals for tomorrow. Might not have time in mornings.

My commitments:
>Keep drinking the water.
>Try to get some snacks in. I'm busy at work, but I can do it.
>Go to gym.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Today's commitments - still no sugar, plus....
1) Drink at least 8 glasses of water
2) Walk for one hour
3) Schedule full physical for myself and hubby.

Also, I have to STAY OFF THE SCALES!!!

Did so-so on yesterday's commitments...Did schedule physicals for myself and my hubby and did the 3 mile on Walk Away the Pounds DVD. Didn't drink 8 glasses of water..drank about 4. Also, had 2 cups of coffee yesterday afternoon with sugar. Had a terrible headache and couldnt get my work done...thought the headache might be from sugar/carb withdrawal on my Southbeach...sure enough, drank the sugared coffee and headache went away...probably would have worked just as well with only one cup.

Today's commitments...
1) Water, water, water - going for the 8 glasses again.
2) NO SUGAR!! - the whole point of Southbeach is to break the addiction.
3) Walk for an hour.

okiechick
01-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Well, yesterday was my first day back to work. I was so exhusted by the end of the day the thought of the treadmill about did me in. I wanted to start snacking about 8:30 so I went to bed instead and set my alarm for early thinking I would get on the treadmill in the morning. Sigh, nope, didn't happen. I remember when I was addicted to working out. I loved it. Why is it so hard now? I think I am just disappointed in myself for having to start over. I came so far and I am back at square one. But I promise myself and you that I will be on that treadmill today, maybe I will make it to square two! ;)

Commitments today:
* water water water
* positive statements only about my come back
* 5 fruits and veggies/ stay within calorie limits
* GET ON THAT TREADMILL

Have an awesome on track day today!

rockinrobin
01-04-2007, 10:31 AM
Good morning to all you commited ones!!!!!

Girlygirl - HANG IN THERE. Breaking that sugar habit is difficult, but absolutely doable and so very worth it. You will be amazed how you won't even crave the evil stuff in a very short while.

Had a good day yesterday. :) Stuck to my commitments.
On to today, wow this week is really flying. Today I'd like to:

-Eat well
-Drink well
-Exercise lots (and lots)
-No nibbling
-Remember that I want to be healthy and fit more then I want the food

Have a great day everyone.

108tolose
01-04-2007, 10:59 AM
I met all of mine yesterday, including the walk at lunch! Today is pay day and I can't wait to have a salad.

Today's commitments:
Walk at lunch if it's not raining
Go to the gym
Eat right
120 ounces of water
Take that dang vitamin when I get home - WHY can't I remember it in the morning?

Mrs Quadcrew
01-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Did great with yesterdays, unfortuanately I have more cupboards than time!! So I will still be working on that one today. Great job everyone!! 108 - I just love a nice big salad!! Wish I was there to get one too.

Today:

1. clean another cupboard out
2. walk my 30 minutes
3. Order a new cookbook for my new lifestyle

NESunshine
01-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Mornin all,
Well I did ok yesterday food wise. I decided to skip the gym as I woke up feeling under the weather yesterday, so I went home made some dinner, a light lunch for today and went to bed. I woke up this morning with that 'you're gonna be full blown sick in the next 24 hours' tickle in the back of my throat/nose and the one eye twitch. So I got up, still tired and achy, showered, had my healthy breakfast, then had that 20 minutes of I feel ok. Now I'm at work and my eyes have that burning feeling, I have a developing sniffle in my right nostril and some basic muscle aches. I think we all know what that means.... I'm gonna look like I have the motaba virus (remember that movie 'Outbreak') by tomorrow morning. If its just a cold I can handle it and shake it off in a week or two but what scares me is that I have muscle aches (which I thought might have been caused by upping the intensity at the gym, but now I'm not sure) and yesterdays wave of nausea which usually points towards some sort of flu...

I am stubborn and don't have time in my day to be sick so I'm going to get some good old homeopathic remedies (surprising for someone who drinks and smokes and parties as much as I have that I'm not into drugs....not even cold drugs) Anyway I'm going to keep it easy today as to not push my body into super-sickness...cause I don't get sick often but when I do its usually pretty bad.

1. Drink some green tea

2. No Smoking...it always makes you sicker....and I really just should quit anyway, doesn't really mesh well with my getting healthy vibe which I've been sticking to real well. My main triggers for cigarettes are boredom and alcohol anyways...same triggers as food and I haven't been drinking...and from someone who was pushing the limit on being a full blown alcoholic getting to the point where I don't think about it or feel like I need it is HUGE.....and I'll just have to keep myself busy and not get bored!

3. If I'm not swarming with germs try to get to the gym today in case I'm too sick to go this weekend.

4. Post my first NSV.....despite my impending illness I do have my first noticed NSV to post in that thread and no flu is gonna get me down!

okiechick
01-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Ok, I have to add one more commitment for today.....
I will go home and measure my inches. I have been avoiding this part. I don't know why, but this part bothers me more than the scale. :(

I always wait until I see a difference before I measure and wonder what the numbers were when I really started. Not this time.

CLCSC145
01-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Good morning all!

The exercise thing didn't happy (she says sheepishly). I have some exuses, but I won't make them. I didn't do it. Food and water went well. So I'm back to my one and only commitment for the day:

Exercise

That's the only one! So do it :coach: !

Glad to see folks are doing well. Sunshine, I'm sorry you're getting sick!

MaWhit
01-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Met yesterday's goals. :) My only goal for today is to stay within my target calorie range. Exercise will be a bonus, but isn't planned, since this is the first day of my moon time and I'm feeling a bit run down.

PNG 2
01-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Meh, the exercise didn't happen for me yesterday and today isn't looking good either... I think I'm seriously on my way to being sick... I'm feeling SO sluggish and drained :| Food's been ok, not too bad, and about to have a healthy dinner of tilapia and stir fry veggies...

*repeats to self* I'll get it back... I'll get it back!

Mississippi Magnolia
01-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Hope you don't mind that I hop in and join you.
PNG, I hope you are feeling better by now. Being sick can take all the fun out of everything that's for sure!

I've been reading and listening to all of you for a little while, and hope I can join you, too. As you can see, I am no mini-mite -- I also have healthy-eating-commitment-issues. Although my husband would say I have exercise issues.

But, hey! I got lots of exercise at school yesterday. One of my girls threw up on my feet -- and I jumped way back. Then I ran her down to the bathroom (after the fact of course), jogged back to the room to call the nurse, and vibrated with worry the rest of the day that I would be sick today. Does all that count? :dizzy:

Barbara

rockinrobin
01-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Yes Barbara it does count, in fact it double and triple counts because, ummm, I'm not sure why but it does. :D :D :D

CLCSC145
01-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Ew, Barbara! :barf: Occupational hazard...

Everybody is welcome! We've found that making new commitments every day can be effective in staying focused. Also, please feel free to post all over the 100 lb. Club. It's a great bunch of people-- very supportive!

And you're another tall girl! I'm 6 ft. So is PNG. I notice a lot of women who are 5'9" and up here. Maybe it just catches my eye to see so many who are tall like me, but it seems like a disporportionate number compared to how many of us there are in the general population. I'm not a scientist, but I feel like there's a hypothesis in there somewhere just waiting to be investigated!

Anyway, welcome!

okiechick
01-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Barbara, that is one reason (of many) I went from teaching first to sixth. I have only had one actually be sick in my class in the last 2 years and he made it to the trash can woo hoo! Of course I didn't quite know what a hormone rollercoster I was getting on when I signed up for middle school, but I love them all the same.

Guess what, I did it, yeah! I got on that nasty treadmill. I am still shaky and some of the muscles I haven't used in a while are weak from exhaustion but I did it. :woops:
I haven't measured yet, but that is next after one more glass of water.

Commitments for tomorrow:
(I have duty in the morning and don't know if I will get to post)
*eat healthy within calories
*water water water (this is finally getting easier)
*keep my racquetball date with my friend

rockinrobin
01-05-2007, 07:23 AM
I give all you teacher soooo much credit!!! Not an easy thing you do and so incredibly important. I guess every age group has their own set of problems.

Okie WTG on the treadmill :carrot:

I had a partially commited day yesterday. But at least I wasn't commited into an insane asylum. Kids made me CRAZY, all 3 of um, with very teenager-y problems :dizzy: . And hubby was no great shakes either. At least I didn't turn to food, in fact found getting almost anything down me difficult. But I didn't turn to exercise either, or water. Whatever.

Today I'd like to;

-Not strangle anybody
-Drink lots
-Eat well, including no nibbling
-Exercise, exercise, exercise or at least just one of um
-Remember that I want to be fit and healthy more then I want the food.

Have a good day everyone. :wave: :wave: :wave:

GirlyGirlSebas
01-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Good morning, Everyone! I love reading the progress we are all making on this weight loss journey! Welcome, Barbara. I'm glad you decided to join us. This thread does help me to stay focused each day. I hope it can do the same for you.

PNG2 and NESunshine, I hope you ladies get to feeling better soon. I had the flu last weekend and I can definitely empathize with the two of you.
Okie Chick - Good job with the treadmill yesterday. I walked for 40 minutes yesterday and I had the 'rubbery leg syndrome' too...and I was achey all over yesterday afternoon and evening.
Mawhit - I'm not sure about moon cycles and such, but I am definitely not feeling 100% this morning. The first week of Southbeach is always rough. Withdrawing from years of a sugar addiction is no easy thing to get through.

Today's commitments...
1) Water, water, water - going for the 8 glasses again.
2) NO SUGAR!! - the whole point of Southbeach is to break the addiction.
3) Walk for an hour.

Did great on yesterdays commitments :carrot: Drank all of my water, had no added sugar and walked for 40 minutes. I didnt walk for 60 mins, but I believe I was overly optimistic...I havent worked out in well over 2 years. I've decided to stick with 40 mins for now.

Today's commitments -
1) Keep drinking the water and stay away from the sugar.
2) Get intentional exercise - either WATP or go out for 40 min walk.
3) Going out to dinner for Stepmom's birthday. This is a first for me on the diet, and probably my biggest ever challenge when dieting. I commit to deciding what I will order before we leave for the restaurant and bypassing the breadbasket and the wine....and, no dessert.

108tolose
01-05-2007, 09:20 AM
I didn't walk at lunch yesterday because work was a bit crazy (but I did go to the gym last night). I'll try to get out there today, but rain is threatening. I'm trying to figure out how to get to the gym before picking up my kids from daycare, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do it. I did, however, get up this morning and do crunches, so it won't be a total waste exercise-wise anyway!

I'm retaining a bit of fluid today (actually I think it's because it's SO incredibly HUMID this morning) so I'm going to up my water intake a bit and see if I can get the swelling out of my fingers.

My commitments:
- Drink at least 150 ounces of water
- Clean and store properly all of the produce my husband bought yesterday
- Eat all of my veggies at supper
- Walk if it isn't raining

And if I'm not putting out fires all day today...
- Get the project that I'm working on finished by 2 pm so I can leave work and go to the gym!

Mississippi Magnolia
01-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Thanks to all for your welcome!

GirlyGirl -- I'm doing the SBD, too -- the no sugar thing is hard for me because that's my Waterloo. I did it last winter -- and after the first week, my brain was so clear! I wondered how I had been able to even think. And after 2 weeks, fruit was SO DELICIOUS again -- who even wanted Hershey kisses if you could have fresh oranges??? That's my goal for this week. Make it through and have a brain refreshening.

I'll worry about exercise goals after this two weeks.

By the way, y'all -- I had 3 kids out sick yesterday. I've never had this many out at one time. By fourth grade, most kids are washing their hands, etc., but I have a lot of oldest siblings in my class -- maybe their youngers are sick, too.

Hope y'all have a great day today!! Barbara :D

NESunshine
01-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Morning Everyone! Welcome welcome to all the newcomers! I'm feeling ok today still...sorta the way I've been the past couple of days...not really sick but achy and tired. I'm not sure what it is but as I said before I'm pretty stubborn and have not time or patience for sickness. I've skipped the gym the past 2 days so i could get to bed early but it seems that no amount of rest can get me off this tired train so its back to the gym I go. Yesterday went well...I stuck to real good eating all day and did not smoke at all. I had 2 cigarettes left (which I'm just not ready to part with) but I left them in my desk and resisted the urge to go to the store last night. I was fine all day and didn't hit a craving until last night but I pushed through it...which led me to a late night toast 'binge'.... well it wasn't exactly a binge per se, I mean it was literally 1 serving....but it could have easily turned into one...as I was standing in my kitchen in the dark at 11:00PM not bothering to even chew first. Though I managed to stop myself I have to own up to it so I can keep it from happening again.

The city is really buzzing today and everything is real exciting here.... I'm really into following politics and Massachusetts has just had an extremely historical election (first democratic governor in like 16 years, first African American governor in the state, second in the nation.... not to mention finally getting to shovel out Mitt Romney who has done nothing but damage....and watch out cause he's running for president in 08) and with the inauguration ceremony its even more historic.... sorry for the brief rant but I really get into politics.....anyway all this excitement is my motivation to go to the gym today cause I know I'm gonna stay up and watch the news and see how all the newly elected officials spent their first day.... I may as well be burning calories while I watch!

Anyway... for today...
1. Stick to plan
2. go day 2 with no smokes
3. its Friday...resist all urges to stop at the store for the weekend bottle of wine!
4. Get my political fix at the gym
5. do whatever I need to do to avoid any late night binges....food is not a placeholder for cigarettes

Mrs Quadcrew
01-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Good job everyone!! TGIF!!! I am still buzzing after my first weigh in (down 6 pounds!!) I am looking forward to the weekend. Still working on getting the house organized here (to fit with my new lifestyle changes!) Soo, my commitments are going along with that ~

1. Learn to use my NEW MP-3/Pedometer today!! (yea me!!)
2. Clean out the next cupboard in line
3. Continue with the water intake and eating when hungry (IT WORKS!!)
4. Thank all of you for being such an inspiration to me

CLCSC145
01-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Bit of an emotional day yesterday. I walked a bit for work and lifted my handweights for a while, so I'm going to give myself some credit for exercise, but it was not what I intended.

I'll be back tomorrow. Stay strong, everybody.

MaWhit
01-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Mrs Quadcrew, congrats on your loss! :)

CC--I hope you feel ebtter soon.

I'm keepin' on keepin' on over here and am pleased with the changes I'm making and the goals I'm meeting. :)

okiechick
01-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Played Racketball for the first time since Thanksgiving and had a blast. Yeah! I went to the Y with my friend and we played for an hour. My arm was jello when I was finished, but I am so glad I went. We set up another time for next week. We burn more calories laughing at our goofs than playing with any kind of skill. My legs are still deciding wether or not to disown me. The treadmill they handled fine, the bursts of running and dodging in racketball, not so much!
Tomorrow is finally Saturday. The first day without work or something major planned to distract me.
Goals for tomorrow:
*Stay busy, organize and put away all of the last Christmas things laying around.
*Spend at least an hour on the boards catching up on what I have missed
*Eat a healthy filling breakfast and make lunch and dinner my light meals.
*Another round on the treadmill (rather like a hamster in a wheel...round and round she goes, but doesn't get anywhere!)
Congrats to everyone for setting and keeping lifechanging goals that will help the outside you better reflect the person you know you are on the inside!

108tolose
01-06-2007, 10:10 AM
I am still swollen today, even after drinking 160 or so ounces of water. I even got a semi-normal amount of sleep last night. Oh well. It's not causing fluctuations in the scale, just my ability to be able to wear the ring that my kids got me for Christmas!

- Drink lots of water
- GO TO THE GYM (they have child care from 9-12 today, so I'll get that done early)
- No grazing. Try to limit the kids' grazing.
- Eat B, L, D, and 2 snacks. I NEED the calories!

NESunshine
01-06-2007, 10:46 AM
good morning
Happy Saturday! I did ok yesterday...late night binge free...but I did have cigarette .... at least 1 isn't 12 though. So far I've got none to smoke so I all I have to do is not buy any...and its rainy out so who wants to go to the store. I'm having a slow start to my day.... I mean really doesn't everyone want to stay in bed a bit on a rainy Saturday morning! I got up and made a healthy breakfast and some strong black coffee and enjoyed it in bed hanging out with my cat.
I'll make it out of bed within the hour!
For today
1. time to buy a few groceries! Try to come up with some new things to take to work for lunch...I'm starting to be eating the same thing every day and I gotta do something about that so I don't get bored!
2. go to the gym
3. 1600 calories and lots of water
4. laundry, vacuum, mop
5. get started painting and sealing the inside of my kitchen cabinets

GirlyGirlSebas
01-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

Mrs Quadcrew - Congratulations again on the first weight loss! I'm hoping for some good results on my "official" weight loss on Monday.
CC - Hope you're feeling better today.
108tolose - I understand about the treadmill. I've been walking around the block, but it won't be long until the heat and humidity start and I'll have to head to the Y each day. I've found that some really good music on my MP3 and increasing/decreasing the incline and speed help to keep me from getting bored.
NESunshine - I've talked about this in another thread on the support forum...I used to smoke 1-1 1/2 packs a day and I quit in October 05. I understand your struggle and I'm here for you if you need some encouragement, support...or just need to vent.

Today's commitments -
1) Keep drinking the water and stay away from the sugar.
2) Get intentional exercise - either WATP or go out for 40 min walk.
3) Going out to dinner for Stepmom's birthday. This is a first for me on the diet, and probably my biggest ever challenge when dieting. I commit to deciding what I will order before we leave for the restaurant and bypassing the breadbasket and the wine....and, no dessert.

Did so-so on yesterday's commitments. Didnt drink 8 glasses of water..only 3 or 4..why is drinking the water so hard to do?...and did have sugar in one cup of coffee yesterday afternoon. I made the mistake of getting on the scales and not seeing a weight loss. I was discouraged and "pampered" myself with a sugared cup of coffee. I guess I could have done worse, but I wish I wouldnt have had the sugar. I did go for my 40 minute walk. I was able to post an NSV on the thread that I stayed on-plan at the restaurant. :carrot: This is a BIG victory for me. I've never done this before!

Today's commitments -
1) Water, water, water - at least 8 glasses
2) No sugar!
3) WATP dvd - 3 mile workout
4) Have another birthday party. This one is for my nephew. I'm sure there will be cake and ice cream...maybe even pizza, chips & dip etc. I plan on eating before we go and concentrating on socializing while bypassing the food.

CLCSC145
01-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Hi everybody!

I still am doing well on the food front and lousy on the exercise front. Gah! Why is that such a mental block for me?? And not meeting my commitments to exercise makes me feel crappy about myself. So the result is that I don't want to make the commitment. Which means I'm giving myself an excuse not to exercise. Defeated before I've even begun! Dumb. I have no sense of personal responsibility there.

Anyway, busy day ahead so I have to go. Let's just be pleasantly surprised if I exercise...

melissalaurel
01-06-2007, 04:34 PM
My goals for today are
1. stay within my point range
2. not obsess about what I'm not eating
3. drink more water
4. get to bed earlier

GirlyGirlSebas
01-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Hello, Everyone! Its a beautiful sunny morning here in Florida and I'm actually up early enough to enjoy it. I had a really good nights sleep. I think the daily exercise is really helping.

CC - I'm sending big hugs your way :hug: You sound so discouraged. Please try to remember...we are retraining our thinking after years of bad habits. This is no easy thing and will take time. I know this has become such a cliche', but we need to take this journey one day at a time. Each day is a new day with a new commitment. Forget about yesterday...and all of the days before...and move forward. I have fought depression for years. One of the main things I've learned through counseling is to practice positive self talk....to focus on the positive things and to never put myself down. This really does make a big difference in how I view life. You have lost 29 lbs. This is a major accomplishment! This makes you a success.

Today's commitments -
1) Water, water, water - at least 8 glasses
2) No sugar!
3) WATP dvd - 3 mile workout
4) Have another birthday party. This one is for my nephew. I'm sure there will be cake and ice cream...maybe even pizza, chips & dip etc. I plan on eating before we go and concentrating on socializing while bypassing the food.

Did pretty good on yesterdays commitments. Didnt have any sugar and did my WATP workout. Almost didnt work out as I was running late on my day and feeling pretty sluggish....but, I forced myself to do it and felt so energetic afterwards. Didnt get in 8 glasses of water. This seems like the easiest one of my commitments, but it has turned out to be one of my roughest ones! Posted in NSV thread about the birthday party. I did great! Stuck with my plan.

Today's commitments -
1)Water, water, water.
2)Exercise - if not too hot, will do my 40min walk. Otherwise, WATP dvd
3)Eat mini meals throughout the day. I sometimes forget to eat on schedule on the weekends and end up starving at night and overeating.

108tolose
01-07-2007, 11:15 AM
- Drink lots of water
- GO TO THE GYM (they have child care from 9-12 today, so I'll get that done early)
- No grazing. Try to limit the kids' grazing.
- Eat B, L, D, and 2 snacks. I NEED the calories!

I only ate 1 snack. Other than that I did very well. I went to the gym and spent 40 minutes on the treadmill - didn't even realize it had been that long (good magazine). The gym doesn't have child care today and my husband is working so I'm not going to be able to go. (Victory - I did go every day this week possible!) After my husband gets home I might go for a walk (if it isn't raining again) while he watches the kids. (Kids + walk = no exercise and total frustration!!) If I don't get to walk today, I'm not beating myself up, it's ok to take one day off a week!

My commitments today:
- drink water
- no grazing!
- eat 2 snacks
(and totally not weight loss related, but maybe if I write them down I'll get it done!)
- WASH CLOTHES, pack the girls' clothes and start packing for my trip on Tuesday.

JennyWenny
01-07-2007, 11:32 AM
I know I haven't been keeping up and posting my daily commitments, but I have been doing them. Since starting back to work, life has been back to being busy, busy, busy.

For today:
>Water, water and more water.
>Eat and snack right.
>Try to get some form of exercise. Rainy day today. Put in Richard Simmons?!?

NESunshine
01-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Hey ladies,
Doin good....did good yesterday, still on track for today. I'm going to post some photos on the mini goals thread but I thought I'd share the link of the slide show here since this is where I post regularly. There are no photos of me since I've lost my first 20lbs but this is sort of my gain progression over the past few years. The oldest is the me in France photo... I'm at about 190lbs of solid alpine hiking muscle there (Fall 2002)....the newest are of me in London (Mdm. Tussuad's) just this past summer. I have to get a new camera before I can do new photos which won't be for another month or so but they are coming.

Today...
1. go to the gym
2. do some abs at home (I'm still to embarassed to do abs at the gym...so they get neglected!)
3. do some weight training today too
4. 1600 calories... I did it yesterday I can do it today

Slideshow Link, just click resume and it will run through the slideshow.
http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p195/NESunshine/Weightloss%20Album/?action=view&current=Summer2005-1.jpg&slideshow=paused&interval=3

LostBombera
01-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Good morning;

I'm new to all this and hope you don't mind if I jump on the band wagon. I need help. I am as heavy as I have ever been in my life, UGH!! I started doing 100 crunches and leg lifts every day and am working on a more nutritious, less sugary diet, <sniffle> OK so I figured out you can eat 24 M&M's for 105 calories. Chocolate is my downfall!! Just don't think about those M&M's and all will be well.

I have been drinking LOTS of water this past week and have definitely decreased the sugar. More fruits and veggies, higher protien and good carbs. So this week I am going to walk, or get on my bike or treadmill, something for at least 30 minutes every day . . . I just hope my legs don't fall off.

Well I hope that I can help you all and vice versa. I need someone to keep me in line . . .

Everyone have a GREAT Sunday!!

S. Diane

okiechick
01-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Good Morning All!
Yesterday was good. I didn't get on the treadmill. My jello arm and rebeling legs were not very cooperative. Rather like kids throwing a tantrum because mommy is making them do something that is good for them.
CC-:hug: you have made great progress and have taken difficult steps to becoming a healthier person. Don't judge yourself so harshly about not staying with your exercise commitments, we all have the ones we are struggling with. Please don't feel that anyone on here is any less proud of your accomplishments because you are struggling in this one area. If anything, you are my hero for being honest about it. It is one of the areas I have great difficulty with too and it is nice to know I am not alone. I have an exercise buddy and she helps me by calling and making sure I know she went to aerobics and I better get myself on that treadmill. It really helps. I will be strong enough to join her classes soon I hope.

Today I will
* start with a larger healthy breakfast and eat a smaller dinner (stay with in calories)
* walk with son in mountains (take jackets, sun is out but wind is chilly)
* water water water
* Get plans ready for night class that starts this week

I have good news for the wiegh in thread as soon as it starts! :carrot: Woo Hoo so I will go see if I can figure out how to change the ticker.

PNG 2
01-08-2007, 04:59 AM
HI all... coming in on the end of the thread, as usual... well, it's official... I'm sick, but not so sick I can't try for a clean start tomorrow...erm *checks time* today, that is (I love Mondays... they're so...clean) Being sick, I haven't been eating a whole lot, but living off of things like toast and popcorn (two very weird comfort foods, I know) so who knows what damage I've inflicted on myself... but, I'm not going to dwell on it, moving forward, not hanging around worried about what I did wrong yesteday...

108tolose
01-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Dang it - wrong thread!

patae
01-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Today I will:
Walk for 45 minutes
Drink 8 glasses of water.
Eat my healthy breakfast and lunch and a decent dinner.
Good luck everyone.