Old 01-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default My Daily Commitments Week of 1/1-1/7

Alright well I'm getting us started for the new year! Its strange, its not that today is any different than yesterday but somehow hitting January 1 makes me give a big sigh of relief. The holidays are over, tomorrow I can get back to my regular schedule and get back on my hardcore eating plan. I've finished school so I will have time to get to the gym in the evening during the week. Somehow today seems cleaner.

1. I started off with a healthy breakfast, continue that through lunch and dinner with no unhealthy snacking
2. Water & exercise
3. cook healthy lunches for work for the rest of the week
4. put together my 2007 budget
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:02 PM   #2  
Doing it!

S/C/G: 268.5/254.5/160

Height: 5'10"

I'm ready to get back on a routine, too. Well, for a week, then I have to go out of town for work. I've already posted today's commitments in the other thread, but I wanted to get down my exercise goals for the rest of the week (I'm a planner) and then have more fine tuned commitments every day.

Tuesday - Gym - cardio and weights
Wednesday - Gym - cardio and weights
Thursday - Gym - cardio and weights
Friday - Weather permitting, walk at lunch for 1/2 hour. Otherwise, some intentional exercise.
Saturday - Gym if the kids cooperate - cardio only. Otherwise, some intentional exercise
Sunday - Some intentional exercise
108tolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:34 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Jumping in here...

Today's goals/plans:

Reduce gluten in diet
track calories
exercise 20+ minutes
MaWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:33 PM   #4  

Quote:
Somehow today seems cleaner.
Yes, I know what you mean.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:42 PM   #5  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

I know what you mean, Sunshine. New year, new lease on life.

My goals for today:

Water, water, water.....did I mention water.
Eat and snack healthy.
Get some food prepared for when I go back to work Wed.
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:54 PM   #6  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Oops, I posted in the other one. I'll move over here tomorrow!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:20 PM   #7  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

I love it when the first of the month is on a Monday. It satisfies some basic need for order in me

My goal for this year is to lose 20 pounds a quarter. That should be doable. The strategy to reach it is:
1. Eat carefully, eliminate junk food. (more a problem for me than portion control)
2. Walk at least 20 minutes a day.

That's it, to start.
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:53 AM   #8  
Never want to go back!

Default Gone With The Wind Pt. 2

I just had the CRAZIEST walk and had to tell you all about it...

I should have known this was no ordinary windy night when I got passed by a Christmas tree. I didn't know until I got home, but there is a high wind warning with 65-70 mile gusts here tonight. It's trash day tomorrow so everything that was out at the curb is now flying down the street. Christmas trees, trash cans, their contents, everything. At first it was kinda fun. The wind was at my back propelling me along. I didn't think about having to walk home back into the wind.

So I'm trudging along headlong into the wind and I get hit in the forehead with a flying pinecone. I kid you not! And I have the red mark to prove it. Then while watching a plastic Santa dangle from a balcony, Christmas lights caught on his foot being the only thing preventing him from an appointment with the sidewalk, the barrette holding my bangs off of my face blew out of my hair and into the darkness never to be found again. So my bangs are whipping at my eyes and then I saw this cloud illuminated by the streetlights. Uh oh. Smoke from a brush fire? Nope. Dust storm. I guess that's what you'd call it, never having been hit in the face by one before. So I've got grit in my eyes, tear streaming out of my eyes across my temples rather than down my cheeks , my hair is whipped into a tangled frenzy , I've got a growing lump on my forehead , my foot hurts like the devil from the plantar faciitis , garbage is flying everywhere , the resistance walking into the wind is kicking my rear (that's something gyms should look into - a wind machine treadmill room) and it dawns on me...

I love this. I love that I'm the only one out and about who is stupid/committed enough to spend 45 minutes walking in this weather. I love that it was more important to me to get in my exercise than to sit inside and use the wind as an reason to sit on the couch instead. That never occurred to me and I love that!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go wash the sand out of my nose...
Old 01-02-2007, 06:19 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

CC, let me just start off by saying what a pretty post that was. All colorful and cutsie with all those smilies and stuff. It certainly sounds like quite an interesting walk. So full of danger and excitement. But, umm, YOU CRAZY NUT, YOU COULD HAVE REALLY BEEN INJURED!!!!!. Thank g-d it was only a pine cone that hit your noggin', what if G-d forbid it would have been something worse?!?! Okay now. Having said that YOU GO GIRL!!!! What exactly WOULD it take for you to STAY HOME and sit on that couch all safe and snug? I hope the forehead is feeling better and I hope you successfully removed the dirt/sand from your eyes. Maybe you ought to consider one of those WALKING AWAY THE POUNDS dvds that you can do at home, just in case another wind storm occurs. Huh, whatcha think?

Missed posting yesterdays' commitments but nevertheless had a really good day.

As for today, I'd like to-

-Drink lots and lots of water, the bathroom is my new favorite spot to be, not that I have a choice in the matter, when you gotta go - YOU GOTTA GO.
-Eat well
-Exercise frequently, including a walk and continue to "sneak" in exercise at every opportunity.
-S L O W down on the eating. If I commit to it enough it will become second nature, right?
-Remember that I want to be thin more then I want the food.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Mornin,
CC, I for one am all for battling the elements and taking on mother nature for a good walk/hike....remind me to tell you sometime about hiking the alps.... And well told by the way, reading that post was a good way to start my morning!

Well I started off the New Years right. I rolled in at just about 1700 calories for the day yesterday and hit the gym and upped my intensity (I was there for 2 hours!) I was really motivated watching the Biggest Loser Marathon. My quicken is on the fritz so I never got my budget done but thats ok. I've got my food for today planned which rolls me in at about 1350 calories and I'm gonna aim for the gym after work.

Ahhhh work, I'm so happy to be going back! I'm also setting my first 2007 mini goal and that is to be at 210 by January 31. That will mean a steady 3lb per week weight loss which for me I think is attainable. Wish me luck!

For today
1. Water.
2. Follow my food that I've planned for the day.
3. Try to get to the gym after work.
4. Write down all of my goals for 2007
5. Fix my quicken!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone! This will be the first time I have ever made a post about committing to anything! (hmmm.....maybe that is why I am at 270 pounds??)

1. Start walking TODAY. I need to do this for ME (and our dog could use the exorcize too!)

2. Be concious of when I am thirsty - and drink WATER when I am.

3. Stick to the PLAN ~ if I don't do it, no one will do it for me.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:03 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaWhit View Post
Jumping in here...

Today's goals/plans:

Reduce gluten in diet
track calories
exercise 20+ minutes

I met all of yesterday's goals. Today's goals:

track calories and stay at or under 1900
exercise 30+ minutes
Old 01-02-2007, 10:28 AM   #13  
Doing it!

S/C/G: 268.5/254.5/160

Height: 5'10"

Well, I didn't hit my intentional exercise commitment yesterday. Unless you count following behind my 2-year-old and pulling her down/off/out of places she wasn't supposed to be! I did exceptional last night with my mom's cooking (and it was SO good). I did get full before I quit eating, but only a few more bites and even left some on my plate. HUGE accomplishment for me! The eating more slowly is working too. I still finish before my husband (who could win any slow eating contest), but at least I'm not getting fidgity before he finishes.

Today -
-- Gym (woo-hoo!)
-- Drink water
-- DO NOT LEAVE for lunch...there are soups in the drawer...I do NOT need to go pick something up!
-- Continue eating slowly
-- Take my vitamin when I get home (I forgot it this morning)
108tolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

CC, with that kind of commitment, the scales should have a big drop on your next weigh-in, right?

I am battling a flu bug today so I dont think eating too much is going to be a problem! I've decided to make 1 or 2 commitments, or changes, each day and add to them daily. If I try to change everything at once, I will get very overwhelmed. So, todays changes....

1) No sugar in my coffee. This is a toughie but a biggie for me! If I can stop the sugar first thing in the morning, I will have gotten my days started off on the right track and it will be easier to stay with the program for the rest f the day.
2) Water, water, water....will drink 8 glasses.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:20 PM   #15  
Never want to go back!

Good morning!

I'm still laughing about my walk. My red forehead mark is ATTRACTIVE! Truly, I didn't think it was that windy until I got out of my immediate neighborhood (I think the houses were blocking the worst of it). Anywho, no walk for a few days -- I could hardly walk on that foot this morning.

For today, here are my commitments:
Eat healthy foods
Drink extra water to compensate for the dry air
Use the elliptical
Finish my 2006 expenses (4 months worth - WHY do I procrastinate?)

Robin, since I'm known for loving to walk in heavy rain and jump in the puddles, I guess the only thing that makes me want to stay on the couch is heat/humidity!

Sunshine, I can't wait for the Alps story. Yodelayhehoo!!

Everyone else, great job on the commitments! Where are Nalynn, CaseyGail, and PNG hiding???