Carb Counters - 31-Day Challenge

View Full Version : 31-Day Challenge

RobinW
01-01-2007, 10:57 AM
If you would like to join me, Id love the company!!

I will stick to my chosen plan, get my exercise, and post my weightloss every monday.

My goal loss for this month will be 25lbs.

I'll come back in a bit and post my weight, and a few measurements.

Weight Jan 1/07~ 256
Waist~ 47
Apron~ 55
Right thigh~ 32
Right arm~ 16.25
Bust~ 46.5

SherryA
01-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Wow. Robin, I'd love to join your challenge, but do you honestly think you can lose 25 pounds in a month? That's more than 5 pounds a week. Not an easy goal you are setting for yourself. I don't want to discourage you, if you really think you can do it, but for me, that would defeat me before I even started.

10 pounds is the most I could aim for without feeling defeated before I began. Even that seems a bit high, but I think it could be done. So I'll join you for 10 pounds. Start weight this morning (after a few days of carbing up) is 252.5

lilybelle
01-01-2007, 12:20 PM
I will join you. My goal loss for January is 2 lbs. Todays weight is 143. I'm really psyched to have a brand new year. I want to get back to 140. If I find a measuring tape, I'll measure and post. I am writing all my food down again and my exercise.

aud
01-01-2007, 01:05 PM
I'll join ya robin-:hug: - and even shoot for that 25!:carrot: I still haven't experienced what I remember as that "big Atkins weight drop" that I remember -I'm blaming menopause- but with my exercise committment, I'm thinking I could drop 25lbs at this weight combined with staying OP. (I'd really love to shoot for 26 so I could be @ 199 - but will have to see how it goes - and hopefully GOES - here in January Challenge Land!:D )

RobinW
01-01-2007, 04:04 PM
25lbs for the first month is very do-able for me. My first week on induction usually pulls an average of 10lbs off, the second week just under 10....so that leaves approx 5lbs for the last 2 weeks. Very do-able if I keep to my plan and keep up with my exercise. Mind you...for the 2nd month its out of the question.

Aud~ Yah!! I think you can do it! If you keep to it for 31 days....no problem!

needtolose4me2
01-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Ok, here goes! my New Years Challenge was a bust. I think there was just to much going on. (my husband left on an extended trip, I started a new job, the holidays....) I know these are just excuses and if I want to keep weight off, I'm going to have to learn how to deal with things!
For now, January is a good month to make a new start. not to mention that Ihave tohave my cholesterol and sugar checked again in 3 weeks, and since I didnt' take the meds, I'm hoping I was able to get those numbers a bit in control with just diet. I'm hoping to show those Dr.'s a thing or two
SO....

GOAL 10 lbs

1/1/07

weight ~ 156

waist ~ 37
hips ~ 39
arm ~ 11.25
thigh ~ 18.50
bust ~ 44

Ok girls let's do this! Now, off to change my ticker!

beach bum
01-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Oh Robin !!I will join you also,between my gain on the cruise 13 lbs and my Holiday gain 5 lbs I need to get this flab off of me.

Happy if I loss 10 lbs in Jan. That will be 2.2 lbs per week.

Starting weight 165.5 ========Goal weight 155.5

:crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :goodscale: :goodscale: :goodscale: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed:

Hugs :) BB

katie g
01-01-2007, 07:08 PM
you can count me in except I can't find a tape measure and I think I would have to like fast for the entire month to lose 25 pounds :)

how's about i'm in for 12!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar05/flower01/lb/258/170/233/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

aud
01-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Popping back by with my measurements - tomorrow is my "for real" start since I spent most of the day in the car and then DHMySaboteur made potato bread---Grrrrrrrrrrrrr . . .:mad:

Weight: 225lbs

Waist: 43"

Hips: 49"

R. Thigh: 26"

R. Arm: 14"

Bust: 50"

lady_adnerb
01-01-2007, 11:49 PM
I need a challenge. I'm going to go with 10 pounds for the month. I'll be happy if I can do that.

Start Weight: 161
Goal Weight: 151

(amended to put the correct weight. UGH!!!)

Arkansas Kel
01-03-2007, 03:55 AM
Hmmm, January challenge - hmmm 31 days. WE CAN DO THIS! Great idea for a thread! Maybe we should do this every month!

I will lose 10 lbs this month. I know, some are aiming higher, but I'm not doing induction.

WE CAN ALL DO THIS!

I'll do it through diet, exercise and planning. I know I can do it, I know we all can. I know if any of us fall short - at least we fell in a better place than we started!

GOOD LUCK!

BeccaC654
01-03-2007, 04:44 AM
Hi all. After 2 years of horrible eating, I gained 100lbs. Back to low carbs. This January challenge seems perfect.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar007/yinyang02/lb/273/125/273/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Arkansas Kel
01-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Welcome Back Becca - hit it and get it girl! We're with you!

RobinW
01-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Welcome Becca!! I know it seems daunting....but dont let it get you down, you can do this!

Leenie
01-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Dontcha love a challenge.... I do :corn:

BeccaC654
01-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Thanks guys for the motivation. I was at the doctor, I am down almost 5 lbs.

RobinW
01-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Great going Becca!! Keep it up!

lady_adnerb
01-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Start Weight: 161
Current Weight: 157
Challenge Goal Weight: 151

needtolose4me2
01-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Wow Brenda, Great! I won't be weighing in til Tuesday. I only had one little indulgence on one day so hopefully it hasnt' hurt me. THe exercise on the other hand isn't going so well. I have lost so much motivation for it. I dont' know why.I'm actually afraid to run on my treadmill because I think I may annoy my bad tooth that is awaiting a root canal next week. but I suppose there should not be anything stopping me from walking on it instead of running or doing something else. I hope this doesnt bite me in the butt on weigh in day!

katie g
01-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Tomorrow I'm stuck in meetings all day so I'm checking back in early! I'm on schedule but I'm majorly feeling the effect of social and business engagements. Next week has me extra worried as I will be at a big business meeting for four days. Yikes... Anyway that's three pounds down on the week :) Here's to the next 25 days !

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar05/flower01/lb/258/170/230/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

RobinW
01-07-2007, 06:33 PM
great going Katie!! :dance:

I do my official weigh-in in the morning. I started very strict induction this morning. Even so, its been a pretty good week.

needtolose4me2
01-09-2007, 09:36 AM
HELLOO!!!!
Where's everyones posted weight for the week????

Tuesday is my weigh in day (started a day late)

I'm down 2 lbs. I guess at this point in the game I should be thrilled with that. So why aren't I?
I think i got used to dropping big numbers (4,5 lbs) everyweek in the beginning.
I hae been on a big time stall (months) so this should thrill me! Actually, as i'm writing this it's beginning to sink in! not bad,not bad!
maggie

needtolose4me2
01-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Just realized - I [I]will[I] have to do more than 2 pounds a week to meet my goal. Better step up the exercise!!

needtolose4me2
01-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Congrats on you 3 lbs katie!! awesome!! That's a number I'd love to see!
Way to go,

jokemo
01-09-2007, 08:04 PM
I don't have a measuring tape to get my measurements, but my goal for January is to lose 15 pounds. So far, I am down 7 for the month! :dance:

Phoenix Song
01-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Alright, after testing my will power for 3 days now I believe that I can do this also! Since I'm also beginning induction and have so much weight to lose, I think that I can manage to pull off a 20 lb. loss this month. Well... here's hoping anyway!

:wizard: Barb

RobinW
01-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Alright, just a bit of frustration yesterday....but Im practising my goals for this year....consistency and moderation. I didnt eat the whole box of triscuits last night and only had a small chocolate bar. Thats something let me tell you!! :lol: So, Im starting fresh again this morning.

needtolose4me2
01-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Jokemo - Way to go!! Thats great! I'm so excited for you! Keep itup!

Robin- I know how you feel girl! even losing 2 lbs this week, I'm buummed because the eay my weight is fluctuating, I could very well wake up theday after weigh in and put 3 ON! We just have to do like you said and get back on the horse! (Poor horse!)
maggie

RobinW
01-10-2007, 08:44 PM
We just have to do like you said and get back on the horse! (Poor horse!)
maggie

:lol3: I never really thought about the poor horse!! :rofl: I bet mine looks like that sorry horse from the 3 stooges!! :rofl: :rofl:

katie g
01-10-2007, 09:12 PM
i think i just realized why i can never find this thread. okie what if say someone was theoretically uhm kind of maybe more along the lines of a modified carb kind of a person but they thought all y'all were super nice to hang around with they wouldn't like lose points on the challenge would they?:dizzy:

RobinW
01-10-2007, 11:32 PM
i think i just realized why i can never find this thread. okie what if say someone was theoretically uhm kind of maybe more along the lines of a modified carb kind of a person but they thought all y'all were super nice to hang around with they wouldn't like lose points on the challenge would they?:dizzy:

low-carb or not, of course you are welcome :D
.....others may dissagree, but I think we've got the best bunch on the board;)

needtolose4me2
01-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Why Katie, we'd love for you to hang around! What kind of diet ARE your doing? Sounds like it's working for you anyway! In the long run thats what really counts!
Maggie

melinda4952
01-15-2007, 11:00 AM
Hey Robyn,
I have been reading your posts
How are you doing w/ the weight loss challenge?

I need some modivation!
I was low carbing not really dropping any weight but still eating the same
maybe a bit more than should have portion control I need to focus on that for sure
Good Luck !
I hope you are doing well
Melinda4952[/FONT]

Phoenix Song
01-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Aw Katie, of course you'd be welcome here!

I've met and exceeded my January goal! I predicted 20 lbs, and I'm down 23! YEAH!!! (Very excited!) My first week of induction was really great. I lost 16 lbs and was both shocked and thrilled!!!

I'm going to re-up my goal to keep myself motivated, though. I'm now going to try to lose 28 lbs. this month giving me an additional 5 down. I'd like to try for 30, but I'm afraid that my body is going to put a big stop on the weight now that the first week is over and make that a difficult challenge. I don't want to feel like I've failed the goal, so I'd best make sure that I can push myself enough to obtain it!

needtolose4me2
01-16-2007, 10:22 AM
ok who can figure this out! Saturday am I was 153! So excited, I stayed op and upped the exercise just a bit hoping to make even 152 for Tuesdays weigh in. I didn't peak at the scale since Saturday. This morning I got on the scale and it said 155.6 after I picked my slef up off the floor I waited a bit pee'd all I could got back on and it said 156.4. NOw I have two scales, the other runs about 3 lbs less than this one but still the same differences.
WHAT IS GOING ON???? See, this is why I can' t get excited over a 2 lbs loss. Easy come , easy go! I know it could be up 3 lbs the next day. but I just cannot , no how, no way, get past 152! My body just throws itself into reverse. Do you think that this is just the way I'm meant to be? Is there such a thing?? Well, off to the Dr. for my bloodwork, That better be better news than this was this morning otherwise, I think I'm done!
Maggie

aud
01-16-2007, 11:08 AM
I had to add weight lifting this time around on Atkins needstolose . . . (I'm 46 and in the throes of Maniacal Menopause) - not sure if its a hormonal thing/age thing/activity level thing . . . but had the same frustrating experiences with Mr. Scale until I did so. Not sure of your age or work-outs -I've only had 1 cup of coffee this morning!;) Plus - have you checked your diet for "hidden carbs?" They're EVERYWHERE and in EVERYTHING!!!:mad:

Glad I saw this Thread active . . . are we midway thru January already????:o W/I tonight and return to work on 2nd shift (thank the Shift Gods!!!!!:dizzy: ) . . . clothes feel like I've stayed about the same. These changes have played havoc with my Plan and Schedule . . . something I'll really need to address if I ever want to be a maintainer!!!:^:

TIME to get focussed here in MID-Goal Month Ladies . . . hitting the gym tonight for the first time since Thrs last . . . adding WATER to my caffeine-regime!

LET's Knock these last couple of weeks OUT with some LC VOODOO/WILLPOWER, shall we Ladies??????????:hug: :carrot:

RobinW
01-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Maggie....I have no idea whats going on!! Have you maybe been eating something salty? Maybe some hidden salt? You are getting down in your weight, so maybe its something you are eating that just stalls you out now. Something that was fine before? For me, once I get down under 200lbs, I cannot eat hamburger....it stalls me out big time. :dunno:

Aud.........voodoo/willpower.....Thats the stuff I need!! :lol:

Im struggling....but on the plus side, I havent gained anything :dizzy: I would like to know what the **** happened to my motivation and gumption I had at the beginning of the month!!

needtolose4me2
01-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Aud, I'm 43 and have done treadmill all along but recently added a steep incline and also use a resistance tube (band) for upperbody. I have been really abnormal with my TOM for the past few years. I haven't even addressed it with my Dr. Guess I should do that.
I also should measure too, I suppose maybe that will help me understand these last few days.
Robin - Thats strange about the hamburger! I'd have to really look into everything I eat to figure that one out. I guess it's possible. The salt thing did cross my mind! I guess like you said, it could be any little thing. This is going to take some work!
Thanks
Maggie

katie g
01-16-2007, 10:17 PM
sorry y'all i'm on my trip...229

cant find my lil ticker

btw what i'm doing is like basically modified kind of carb no sugar no refined carbs. i eat the protein i want. I try to maximize the nutritional value of what i eat. I don't eat tons of fat. Most of the carb i get is veggies, some fruit, and some dairy (skim). Kinda boring ;) actually it sounds kinda similar to atkins maintenance to me except i really don't even do wholegrains yet.

I tried to go low carb low carb but ppl around me found me to be a tad erm shall we say uhm moody. well that and i had a horrible time controlling carbs i was eating in cheese. I dunno.

katie g
01-19-2007, 09:17 PM
okie

i was bad. i am going to have to come up with a strategy for socializing. this is so not working. I can not diet and drink any alcohol. end of story. oh. and i had sushi. with white rice even they didn't have brown. I don't know. and I have to go back there again in feb. I think i'm going to fake an ulcer or the stomach flu ;)

RobinW
01-20-2007, 11:26 AM
I cant diet and drink alcohol either :lol: ....drinking makes me want to snack big time!!

Alright, well, Im not going to make my goal for the month, but I have learned alot about why I do things. Quite an eye opener for me. So Im still at it, and trying very hard to beat the binge tendancies.

On to a fresh new day :)

katie g
01-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Okie...new total...just two measly pounds this week. I may have to actually *gasp* excercize to make goal.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar05/flower01/lb/258/170/227/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

aud
01-23-2007, 02:48 PM
8 days to goal and its not looking good for The Audster either robin!:dizzy: :o I've learned a lot about myself too - so guess that's a plus??? I'm making these last days the BEST YET though! Ramping it UP!:carrot: . . . mebbe we can make our goal by Valentines?

RobinW
01-23-2007, 04:05 PM
I think so Aud....should we start a fresh Feb challenge? A valentines day or 28 day challenge? What are you up for? Anyone else....what might you be up for?

katie g
01-24-2007, 06:02 PM
I'll do either one I'm easy to please ;)

katie g
01-28-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm a day early again back out of town...better week though down 4 so that was good! still doing horribly on the excercize. I need to pay someone to chase me around the block er something I dunno ;)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar05/flower01/lb/258/170/223/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

jokemo
02-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Alright... so for the 31-day challenge in January, my goal was to lose 15 pounds.

I lost 18!!! Whoohoo!

RobinW
02-01-2007, 11:23 AM
WTG Kelly!!! :cb: :cb: :cb: Awesome Job!!

My goal was 25, but I only lost 9.5......thats because I wasnt commited for the entire month.

Ready for a 28day challenge?

beach bum
02-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Didn't reach my Jan Challenge of 10 lbs off. Lost 3-lbs instead

See what happens next month.

Phoenix Song
02-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Hello everybody! Well, because of my very frustrating stall I didn't complete my goal of 28 lbs. lost this month. :( I got so close too with only 1 more lb to lose, but my scale refused to budge even though I was faithfully on program. :mad:

But I can't complain with my Induction results of 27 lbs... so I won't.

Here's to breaking the stall!

RobinW
02-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Barb!! 27lbs :eek: Just amazing!! Congratulations! :bravo: