Old 01-01-2007, 09:40 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default New Year Chick Chat Jan 1-7/07

Happy New Year Ladies!!

Fresh new year, fresh new start! I started induction this morning. I want this year to be a successful year!

Justwill WTG on your 20lbs!!! Congratulations!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:12 AM   #2  

Lily, You said you ate oats and fruit.........even in induction?
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Happy New Years everyone.

carol, I ate fruit all along. I didn't add Oats until much later. I usually have Oats once or twice a week. Occasionally a baked sweet potato. This seems to work OK for me with maintaining my weight. I think I am one of the people that could maintain my wt. on about 50 carbs a day. Most days, I have 25-30 carbs and some days more than this. I don't know how to explain it really, but if I have extra fruit, No gain, if I had extra bread, then I'd see a gain. Hope that helps. For me it has been a process of learning what my body can handle. I don't eat as much Fats as is recommended because I can't process them well.

My puppies all have their eyes open now and are so cute. The female that I plan to keep is now named , Lucy. The owner of the stud dog is supposed to get pick of the litter. But, I told DH when he comes, I'm hiding this pup. LOL. He has 11 others to choose from. LOL.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:20 PM   #4  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hurrah for justwill!!

Hurrah for robin for starting all these kewl New Year Threads!

Hurrah for lilyb & hidden-lucy!

Hurrah for 2007!

Hurrah that I survived the WORST hangover I've had in YEARS!

I'm gonna have oats & fruit someday . . . just not in the forseeable future. I think lily really got to know herself and her metabolism carol . . . I gain weight on Atkins (or get cravings) in the weight loss phase if I eat fruit. May be cause I'm on the really high fat version? Or just cause my body is different? Who knows . . . I've got the weight loss burn going by staying on pretty strict induction - even after drinking 22 bazillion Bud Lights! Couldn't even celebrate New Years Eve with Monster Hangover - saw the ball drop in New York & promptly passed out.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #5  
Lovin' Life

lol Lily on hiding Lucy!
Old 01-01-2007, 06:14 PM   #6  
lilybelle

aud, hope you get over that hangover soon. I was in bed before 11PM last night. I can't drink any alcohol at all. Didn't stop some others around here. I woke up at 2:30 this morning and there was quite a party going on in my living room. At least they did clean up the mess.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:53 PM   #7  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Nothing worse than not being able to drink and have to be around folks drinking, is there lily? . . . ughughugh! Good thing they cleaned up!!

Over Hangover finally - boy it was rough! Could NOT drink enough liquid today - soooo dehydrated. I remember thinking I was having so much FUN - but not sure any amount of "fun" is worth how poopy I felt. THEN found out I have to be at work TOMORROW @ 6:30AM instead of Wed. like I thought. Trying to relax here on the PC and maybe get sleepy.

I'm psyched for all the Challenges/changes . . . KNOW I won't be hungry that early in the A.M. - but may force myself to have some yogurt or something for fuel purposes.

Have a Great Day After New Years Day All!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:52 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

I thought I could restart earlier...but just couldn't make myself do it. No matter that I felt bloated and gross. Now I'm bloated, gross and gassy. Not a good combination! I'm actually itching to get started on this! I hate feeling bloated/gassy! So uncomforatable! So I'm looking forward to my jeans fitting again!!!! Induction starts tomorrow....and I'll wean myself off the soda (again) throughout the next few days. By Thursday or Friday I should be done w/that. On the down side: I've got an ear infection brewing and it's driving me nuts. Itches like crazy. When I go to itch it...I feel like I probably look like a dog when it scratches it's ear But it helps a little anyway. lol. I'll be back tomorrow and every day for my accountability
Don't forget the water!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:49 AM   #9  
Baby Steps

Well, it's Tuesday morning and time for induction. I'm all ready to rock. I just need to remember that the mornings are the easy time for me. It's the after supper time that I have a problem (I want to snack for some reason). So I'll have to work on that. Did the official start WI and was surprised that it wasn't higher---but still disappointed with myself for the amount the scale said. So here's to getting the measurements/scale down
Old 01-02-2007, 09:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Brenda - I know what you mean. I get off to a great start everyday. By6:00 I'm thinking I did really well! then after that, I start to fall apart. I must stay out of the kitchen at all costs! sometimes it's as late as 9 when I grab a bite of something bad just to satisfy that something insideme. Well I'm glad to see you on the challenge. I don't know what happened to me last month but the scale is creeping up a lot I figured i MUST try to stop it. I have to go change my ticker now, again.yesterday when I weighed, it was the middle of the day. this morning I was even a pound and a half more. I just don't get it. I'll tell ya what, this is my last shot. if I don't lose this month, I'm going to think of something else. I'm losing it! I even came on yesterday to say that to everyone but then saw Robins challenge. I so don't want to be a quitter! I came this far. I figured i will give it 100% and see what happens.
good luck to all who decided to join in on the challenge!
maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #11  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

I have my new calendar up, and noticed the weight I had written down last january. I gained 22 lbs over this past year. This is the most Ive weighed in 9 yrs. It also made me realize that 9yrs ago, I was well over 300lbs. Doing the math, I was able to maintain a loss of 100lbs for 8 yrs. The other 20lbs kept coming and going....then this year, I added another 22 lbs to that 20 that decided to stay.

So YES, I can maintain a loss....a big loss....and yes it was hard but I did it. I also realized that it was 9 yrs ago I started to seriously loose the weight! 9 Years ago!!

I have decided this will be the last year........I think 10 yrs is long enough to loose 150lbs...dont you??

Onward!

Have a great day chickies........Im highly motivated today!
Old 01-02-2007, 10:27 AM   #12  
lilybelle

Hi everyone. It is really cold here. I took Molly outside this morning and her water was frozen. So , had to refill it. I'm sitting here in flannel PJ's and still feel cold.

I woke up feeling thinner this morning. Will weigh again on Friday. Glad the holidays are over and I'm back to my normal routine. DD went back to school today. My cold/bronchitis is clearing up nicely and I feel better. Last night, I was having a major hot flash and ended up taking my PJ's off and sleeping in undies only. Plan to hit the treadmill and elliptical tonite.

I have the same problem with getting hungry late at night. Last night this happened. I had done so well with my eating all day, then boom. I had a huge craving for sweets. I ate a LC breakfast bar to tide me over and it worked. We were watching movies and I wanted the popcorn that everyone else was having, but I declined it.

NTL and Robin, don't give up. This WOE will work and you'll be happy that you stuck with it. There have been many times over the past 1 1/2 yrs. that I thought about switching to calorie counting, but I'm glad I didn't.

aud, yes it reallys sucks to be around others that are drinking when I can't drink at all. I am always the designated driver. Hate this. My son went to a big party last Friday night and had driven my vehicle. He had someone bring him home afterwards. He left my car in that parking lot, unlocked with the keys in the ignition. I could have strangled him. Fortunately, my car was still there with no harm done to it. I chewed his butt out good. Told him to call next time and DH and I would come get him and the car. He just turned 21 and this has never happened before. It's a huge wonder my Expedition wasn't stolen. GRRRRRRRRRR.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Smile A Little Welcome and a Little Inspiration

I'm back, I've been back OP for a few days now. I'm actually at my posted wt - was up 3lbs from holidays, but have quickly fallen to where I left off - yay low carb. I've not even really started induction, so I'm starting back to eating like I left off also, unless I hit a plateau. I just had to hang back and wait for my next wave of will power to come by - then I hopped on. I didn't set a special moment to restart - I just did it when it felt I was psyched again. All our family that was in has headed home, so we get back to our routine again - that will so help.

Hidden LUCY! LOL. I would so do that too! Good luck with hidden Lucy from one dog nut to another!

Welcome all restarters and newcomers - I hang here a lot to keep myself out of the fridge! It works wonders! Just look at the folks that have been here awhile - let us inspire you. (and I'm a newbie compared to most!).

I have a story to share - an inspirational story (sort of reverse inspiration anyway). I just met a woman that worked as a night nurse (just like me) that is now disabled due to osteoarthritis (knees are now crap) and diabetes. She ate her way through those night shifts to stay awake! She became disabled partially due to her wt of nearly 500 lbs. OMG. She's a pleasant upbeat sweet person. I don't want to put her down at all. But after meeting her and hearing her story, I'm more determined than EVER! She's just like anyone, just getting through life, but she was eating so much to do it. Rings so true. Must be a healthier eater - must be a healthier me - must exercise (she can't do this easily now - her legs won't hold her and she's got breathing problems on top of it) - must do it for myself. I don't want to watch those lbs creeping up over the years until the day I have to admit to nearly 500 lbs!

Just because I have a bad night at work doesn't entitle me to "I DESERVE IT SYNDROME" I'm only hurting myself. Must remember that!
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:42 AM   #14  
lilybelle

Hi Kel, glad to see you back. WTG on shedding the holiday lbs. I was doing good til last night and ended up having LC ice cream with sugar free chocolate syrup. Not too bad of a treat, but feel fatter this morning than I was yesterday.

I spent all evening yesterday shampooing carpets. Yuck, I'm sore today. Also helped DH move a bunch of furniture. Did 4 loads of dishes that were my sons and at least 6 loads of laundry.

I am up earlier than planned. Had a puppy throwing a hissy fit. Went and checked and he had climbed out of the baby pool and was off by himself. I put him back with the others and he is happy little camper now. I am totally amazed how fat these puppies are already. Next week if weather is permitting I'll start taking them outside some during the daytime.

Kel, thanks for sharing the story. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to live in a 500lb. body. I could barely move at 234 lbs. and had such shortness of breath. Of course, I had tons of other health issues too. But, when I worked night shifts as a nurse, I ate all night long and drank soda all night too. Even if I brought healthy food to work, I'd end up hitting the vending machines for junk. It was hard to tell that I was gaining a lot of weight with those elastic waist scrubs on. I totally believe that night shift wreaked havoc on my body. I always felt like I needed that extra $2.00 per hr. for the night shift differential, but there is no way it was worth it. My hepatologist told me last Friday that "absolutely not" that I can not go back to work. I'm kinda glad, I like staying home and spending these last teenage yrs. with my DD.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:07 AM   #15  
Baby Steps

Maggie: We CAN do this! We can stay out of the fridge for snacks and stay OP!! And you've been doing SO well, don't let these stalls get you down. The scale/measurements WILL go down...it's your body's way of fighting you though. Keep up the great work!!

Robin: Thanks for sharing that! Looking back, it's always hard to see how much I had lost...and then re-gained. I think it's awesome you managed to keep that weight off! TO VICTORY IN '07!!!

Lily: Those puppies sound SOO cute! And I don't blame you for wanting to hide the one you want. Glad you're feeling better!

Kel: Thanks for sharing that story. Just reinforces the fact that I've got to eat healthy. For my kids, my husband, but most of all, for MY health. WTG on staying OP!!!

Well, remembered to eat breakfast this morning I stepped on the scale and was surprised to see it had gone down a couple pounds already. That's SO weird! I'll be happier on WI day so I can make official downwards motions On a plus note, I don't feel as bloated or as gassy!! That's an awesome thing! Now to get rid of soda....and drink more water!! Baby steps!!