Carb Counters - New Year Chick Chat Jan 1-7/07

View Full Version : New Year Chick Chat Jan 1-7/07

RobinW
01-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Happy New Year Ladies!!

Fresh new year, fresh new start! I started induction this morning. I want this year to be a successful year!

Justwill WTG on your 20lbs!!! :cb: Congratulations!!

carolr3639
01-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Lily, You said you ate oats and fruit.........even in induction?

lilybelle
01-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Happy New Years everyone.

carol, I ate fruit all along. I didn't add Oats until much later. I usually have Oats once or twice a week. Occasionally a baked sweet potato. This seems to work OK for me with maintaining my weight. I think I am one of the people that could maintain my wt. on about 50 carbs a day. Most days, I have 25-30 carbs and some days more than this. I don't know how to explain it really, but if I have extra fruit, No gain, if I had extra bread, then I'd see a gain. Hope that helps. For me it has been a process of learning what my body can handle. I don't eat as much Fats as is recommended because I can't process them well.

My puppies all have their eyes open now and are so cute. The female that I plan to keep is now named , Lucy. The owner of the stud dog is supposed to get pick of the litter. But, I told DH when he comes, I'm hiding this pup. LOL. He has 11 others to choose from. LOL.

aud
01-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Hurrah for justwill!!:carrot:

Hurrah for robin for starting all these kewl New Year Threads!:carrot:

Hurrah for lilyb & hidden-lucy!:carrot:

Hurrah for 2007!:carrot:

Hurrah that I survived the WORST hangover I've had in YEARS!:o :carrot:

I'm gonna have oats & fruit someday . . . just not in the forseeable future.:dizzy: I think lily really got to know herself and her metabolism carol . . . I gain weight on Atkins (or get cravings) in the weight loss phase if I eat fruit. May be cause I'm on the really high fat version? Or just cause my body is different? Who knows . . . I've got the weight loss burn going by staying on pretty strict induction - even after drinking 22 bazillion Bud Lights!:p :o :D Couldn't even celebrate New Years Eve with Monster Hangover - saw the ball drop in New York & promptly passed out.

RobinW
01-01-2007, 02:59 PM
lol Lily on hiding Lucy!

lilybelle
01-01-2007, 06:14 PM
aud, hope you get over that hangover soon. I was in bed before 11PM last night. I can't drink any alcohol at all. Didn't stop some others around here. I woke up at 2:30 this morning and there was quite a party going on in my living room. At least they did clean up the mess.

aud
01-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Nothing worse than not being able to drink and have to be around folks drinking, is there lily? . . . ughughugh! Good thing they cleaned up!!:)

Over Hangover finally - boy it was rough! Could NOT drink enough liquid today - soooo dehydrated. I remember thinking I was having so much FUN - but not sure any amount of "fun" is worth how poopy I felt. THEN found out I have to be at work TOMORROW @ 6:30AM instead of Wed. like I thought. Trying to relax here on the PC and maybe get sleepy.

I'm psyched for all the Challenges/changes . . . KNOW I won't be hungry that early in the A.M. - but may force myself to have some yogurt or something for fuel purposes.

Have a Great Day After New Years Day All!:)

lady_adnerb
01-01-2007, 10:52 PM
I thought I could restart earlier...but just couldn't make myself do it. No matter that I felt bloated and gross. Now I'm bloated, gross and gassy. Not a good combination! I'm actually itching to get started on this! I hate feeling bloated/gassy! So uncomforatable! So I'm looking forward to my jeans fitting again!!!! Induction starts tomorrow....and I'll wean myself off the soda (again) throughout the next few days. By Thursday or Friday I should be done w/that. On the down side: I've got an ear infection brewing and it's driving me nuts. Itches like crazy. When I go to itch it...I feel like I probably look like a dog when it scratches it's ear :lol3: But it helps a little anyway. lol. I'll be back tomorrow and every day for my accountability :)
Don't forget the water!!!

lady_adnerb
01-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Well, it's Tuesday morning and time for induction. I'm all ready to rock. I just need to remember that the mornings are the easy time for me. It's the after supper time that I have a problem (I want to snack for some reason). So I'll have to work on that. Did the official start WI and was surprised that it wasn't higher---but still disappointed with myself for the amount the scale said. So here's to getting the measurements/scale down :cb:

needtolose4me2
01-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Brenda - I know what you mean. I get off to a great start everyday. By6:00 I'm thinking I did really well! then after that, I start to fall apart. I must stay out of the kitchen at all costs! sometimes it's as late as 9 when I grab a bite of something bad just to satisfy that something insideme. Well I'm glad to see you on the challenge. I don't know what happened to me last month but the scale is creeping up a lot I figured i MUST try to stop it. I have to go change my ticker now, again.yesterday when I weighed, it was the middle of the day. this morning I was even a pound and a half more. I just don't get it. I'll tell ya what, this is my last shot. if I don't lose this month, I'm going to think of something else. I'm losing it! I even came on yesterday to say that to everyone but then saw Robins challenge. I so don't want to be a quitter! I came this far. I figured i will give it 100% and see what happens.
good luck to all who decided to join in on the challenge!
maggie

RobinW
01-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Good Morning :sunny:

I have my new calendar up, and noticed the weight I had written down last january. I gained 22 lbs over this past year. This is the most Ive weighed in 9 yrs. It also made me realize that 9yrs ago, I was well over 300lbs. Doing the math, I was able to maintain a loss of 100lbs for 8 yrs. The other 20lbs kept coming and going....then this year, I added another 22 lbs to that 20 that decided to stay.

So YES, I can maintain a loss....a big loss....and yes it was hard but I did it. I also realized that it was 9 yrs ago I started to seriously loose the weight! 9 Years ago!!

I have decided this will be the last year........I think 10 yrs is long enough to loose 150lbs...dont you??

Onward!

Have a great day chickies........Im highly motivated today! :lol:

lilybelle
01-02-2007, 10:27 AM
Hi everyone. It is really cold here. I took Molly outside this morning and her water was frozen. So , had to refill it. I'm sitting here in flannel PJ's and still feel cold.

I woke up feeling thinner this morning. Will weigh again on Friday. Glad the holidays are over and I'm back to my normal routine. DD went back to school today. My cold/bronchitis is clearing up nicely and I feel better. Last night, I was having a major hot flash and ended up taking my PJ's off and sleeping in undies only. Plan to hit the treadmill and elliptical tonite.

I have the same problem with getting hungry late at night. Last night this happened. I had done so well with my eating all day, then boom. I had a huge craving for sweets. I ate a LC breakfast bar to tide me over and it worked. We were watching movies and I wanted the popcorn that everyone else was having, but I declined it.

NTL and Robin, don't give up. This WOE will work and you'll be happy that you stuck with it. There have been many times over the past 1 1/2 yrs. that I thought about switching to calorie counting, but I'm glad I didn't.

aud, yes it reallys sucks to be around others that are drinking when I can't drink at all. I am always the designated driver. Hate this. My son went to a big party last Friday night and had driven my vehicle. He had someone bring him home afterwards. He left my car in that parking lot, unlocked with the keys in the ignition. I could have strangled him. Fortunately, my car was still there with no harm done to it. I chewed his butt out good. Told him to call next time and DH and I would come get him and the car. He just turned 21 and this has never happened before. It's a huge wonder my Expedition wasn't stolen. GRRRRRRRRRR.

Arkansas Kel
01-03-2007, 02:41 AM
I'm back, I've been back OP for a few days now. I'm actually at my posted wt - was up 3lbs from holidays, but have quickly fallen to where I left off - yay low carb. I've not even really started induction, so I'm starting back to eating like I left off also, unless I hit a plateau. I just had to hang back and wait for my next wave of will power to come by - then I hopped on. I didn't set a special moment to restart - I just did it when it felt I was psyched again. All our family that was in has headed home, so we get back to our routine again - that will so help.

Hidden LUCY! LOL. I would so do that too! Good luck with hidden Lucy from one dog nut to another!

Welcome all restarters and newcomers - I hang here a lot to keep myself out of the fridge! It works wonders! Just look at the folks that have been here awhile - let us inspire you. (and I'm a newbie compared to most!).

I have a story to share - an inspirational story (sort of reverse inspiration anyway). I just met a woman that worked as a night nurse (just like me) that is now disabled due to osteoarthritis (knees are now crap) and diabetes. She ate her way through those night shifts to stay awake! She became disabled partially due to her wt of nearly 500 lbs. OMG. She's a pleasant upbeat sweet person. I don't want to put her down at all. But after meeting her and hearing her story, I'm more determined than EVER! She's just like anyone, just getting through life, but she was eating so much to do it. Rings so true. Must be a healthier eater - must be a healthier me - must exercise (she can't do this easily now - her legs won't hold her and she's got breathing problems on top of it) - must do it for myself. I don't want to watch those lbs creeping up over the years until the day I have to admit to nearly 500 lbs!

Just because I have a bad night at work doesn't entitle me to "I DESERVE IT SYNDROME" I'm only hurting myself. Must remember that!

lilybelle
01-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Hi Kel, glad to see you back. WTG on shedding the holiday lbs. I was doing good til last night and ended up having LC ice cream with sugar free chocolate syrup. Not too bad of a treat, but feel fatter this morning than I was yesterday.

I spent all evening yesterday shampooing carpets. Yuck, I'm sore today. Also helped DH move a bunch of furniture. Did 4 loads of dishes that were my sons and at least 6 loads of laundry.

I am up earlier than planned. Had a puppy throwing a hissy fit. Went and checked and he had climbed out of the baby pool and was off by himself. I put him back with the others and he is happy little camper now. I am totally amazed how fat these puppies are already. Next week if weather is permitting I'll start taking them outside some during the daytime.

Kel, thanks for sharing the story. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to live in a 500lb. body. I could barely move at 234 lbs. and had such shortness of breath. Of course, I had tons of other health issues too. But, when I worked night shifts as a nurse, I ate all night long and drank soda all night too. Even if I brought healthy food to work, I'd end up hitting the vending machines for junk. It was hard to tell that I was gaining a lot of weight with those elastic waist scrubs on. I totally believe that night shift wreaked havoc on my body. I always felt like I needed that extra $2.00 per hr. for the night shift differential, but there is no way it was worth it. My hepatologist told me last Friday that "absolutely not" that I can not go back to work. I'm kinda glad, I like staying home and spending these last teenage yrs. with my DD.

lady_adnerb
01-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Maggie: We CAN do this! We can stay out of the fridge for snacks and stay OP!! And you've been doing SO well, don't let these stalls get you down. The scale/measurements WILL go down...it's your body's way of fighting you though. Keep up the great work!!

Robin: Thanks for sharing that! Looking back, it's always hard to see how much I had lost...and then re-gained. I think it's awesome you managed to keep that weight off! TO VICTORY IN '07!!! :cb:

Lily: Those puppies sound SOO cute! And I don't blame you for wanting to hide the one you want. Glad you're feeling better! :hug:

Kel: Thanks for sharing that story. Just reinforces the fact that I've got to eat healthy. For my kids, my husband, but most of all, for MY health. WTG on staying OP!!!

Well, remembered to eat breakfast this morning :lol: I stepped on the scale and was surprised to see it had gone down a couple pounds already. That's SO weird! I'll be happier on WI day so I can make official downwards motions :cb: On a plus note, I don't feel as bloated or as gassy!! That's an awesome thing! :lol: Now to get rid of soda....and drink more water!! Baby steps!!

RobinW
01-03-2007, 09:26 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

Brenda~ Thanks :) WTG on the scale moving down!! :cb: I havent gotten on it yet....:lol:

Kel~ I used to do that too....eating thru the night shift. But it was bags and bags and bags of non-fat microwave popcorn. I eat when Im tired of driving too...I'll usually stop and pick up a bag of sunflower seeds and eat those to keep me alert when Im driving long distances. I cant imagine eating filling food for 8-12 hrs non-stop :(

Im still hanging in there, I woke up last night choking. Dh and I have had a discussion about my eating, and how it is effecting me. The sleep apnea is back, the snoring is back, the itchy skin is back, and the moodiness is back. Ive peaked and I have enlisted his help. He said to me....."but you just get mad when I yell at you for eating what you shouldnt" So I told him to Yell Louder!! Should work, cuz I really hate it when he yells :lol: Its not just a matter of "looking fat and not looking good" anymore, its a matter of health.

With all that said....its time to put in another l/c day with exercise :cb: :cb:

Have a great day ladies!!

needtolose4me2
01-03-2007, 07:40 PM
ok, 2 official re-start days done, and cheat free too! A little crabby, but that's to be expected I guess. I'll tell ya, I FEEL better already, strange how that happens! However, I am approaching the hard part of the evening. IF only I could think of a satisfying snack. A bottle of water and cheesestick just doesn't cut it. How about a coffee with a squirt of land o lakes whipped cream? I think it's zero carbs or maybe one. That should be ok right? I thinkit would satisfy me. hmm. ....
WTG Brenda on the scale moving down! I'm not getting on til Tuesday.
Well,I'm going to keep it short, this was our first day back to school/work since before Christmas and I'm really tired today. will take me a few days to get back on the swing of things.
Keep up the good work everyone!
Maggie

Arkansas Kel
01-03-2007, 08:13 PM
need to lose: coffee and whipped cream sound like a plan. Stick to it. You can do this. It's just food, it's just one night at a time. Go clean something. Go for a late walk. Go brush your teeth (makes eating yuckie). Go pet a critter. Sort socks. Clean out the junk drawer. Work crosswords. Find something! Don't crack. I'm with you sister, I'm with you!

aud
01-03-2007, 09:58 PM
I've had dreams of choking since childhood - called "night terrors" . . . I'm on an anti-depressant called "imipramime" and haven't had one night terror since. Hang in there robin!:hug:

So glad your ds had sense enuf not to drive lily--leaving unlocked with the keys is another story!!!:devil: Tx for buying American--LOVE those Expeditions!:hug:

Sleeping pill is kicking in so will close b4 I black out - you guys are AWESOME and so inspiring when I read thru the Chat--Arkie Kel is on a total ROLL!:carrot:

Night shift is the PITS for bad eating habits'health in general - but gotta tell ya that day shift is kicking my butt!

ttyal!!

Hollyxmas
01-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Good evening everyone, Happy New Year and happy restart to everyone. I have a a good couple of days. Itís been easy to go back to LC.

Lily, the puppies sound so cute, more and more are probably the place Iím sure. Glad to hear you are doing better.

Need to Lose, I enjoy SF jello with whipped cream or heavy cream, creates a nice creamy sweet snack.

Have a great night everyone, talk to you all tomorrow.

lilybelle
01-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Hi everyone,

My DD is sick again. Vomiting non-stop. I'm going to call and try to get her back to her pediatric gastroenterologist in Ok. City. This just keeps happening. She's missed 11 days of school this yr. due to the same thing. There may be some problem with her previous hiatal hernia repair. She is complaining a lot of "stomach pain". I'm very worried about her and will take her to a local Dr. tonite or in the morning. It's only been a few weeks since that last time I took her.

I took a long nap this afternoon and now I'm wide awake. Changed out all the beds and washed all the linens. My eating has been good today, feel like I'm back with the program.

beach bum
01-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Yesterday was my W-I and I was very strict with the low carbing and The stupid scale didn't move.I even exercised every day for 30 mins and nothing.I was angry I didn't want to take it out you guys. I'm now in better spirits,as the cold or whatever it was is gone.

Now that I'm feeling a lot better,and the holidays are gone,I'm Going to take a walk outside to clear my lungs,and start my exercising routine again. No comfort foods left in the house so I should be Ok to start low carbing again,and this time hit my goal by the end of this year,as I'm s slow loser.

Have to go will read your post later

Hugs :) BB

RobinW
01-04-2007, 12:25 PM
afternoon.

I just got back from the dentist....and its official, I have an absessed (sp?) tooth and its going to need a root canal. OR....its fractured and it will have to come out. They wont know if its fractured until they start drilling for the root canal....which means 1/2 way thru the mess it may all have to come out anyway ! So, Im on penicillion for the infection, and I have to decide what to do. *insert a great big sigh!*

Eating is ok, exercise is ok......Im practising moderation! Man its hard!!

k, Im off....have a great day ladies.

beach bum
01-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Hi Ladies:)

I'm back again.Gee!! went quickly though some of your posts.We're all having doubts about our weight losses.I just start the Atkins WOE last Aug and have lost weight nicely,but when the cruise[Nov] and the holidays [Dec]came & gone, my weight sky rocketed to an additional 18 lbs to the ones I had to lose prior to the trip.I now have a total of 25.5 to get to my goal. Thats the highest weight I ever been in my whole life,and its very scary. Eating the Atkins WOE I believe I will lose it again,and will be on the road to my dream lifetime weight goal.

Lets not give up ,we have Robins challenge to work with,and if we continue to stick to our 2007 goals we will succeed.

lilybelle
01-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi everyone,

BB, I know your frustration. Many times when I work out all week, I'll expect to see a small loss and there isn't one. Other times, I don't eat perfect, don't exercise and do see a loss. It's frustrating, but it does seem to even out. You will probably see a great loss next week.

Robin, sorry about your tooth. I have never had a root canal, hopefully I never will. My DH has had several and he has another dentist appt. today. His teeth have been horrible since he was a child.

Well, it's noon and Lacy is still sleeping. I have checked on her. Her vomiting finally quit about midnight. I sure wish we could find out why this keeps happening to her.

I didn't get much sleep last night. Molly kept needing to go outside. At midnight last night, I caught her with her face down in the sack of dog food. She'd eaten about half of a 25 lb. bag. She is hungry as a horse, while feeding these 12 pups. I notice she is eating even more as the pups are getting bigger.

I'm on program with eating, but not with exercise. I have been insanely thirsty lately and drinking a lot of water. I have done tons of housework lately so that much has been my only exercise.

RobinW
01-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Lily, I had to laugh at your dog, face first in the bag of dog food :lol: I can remember nursing my dd and how powerfully hungry I was....I cant even imagine trying to feed 12! :dizzy: Women on my floor were having pizza's delivered at midnight and 2am :lol:

carolr3639
01-04-2007, 01:54 PM
We have 9 new golden retriever pups and I thought of Lily when they arrived. Ours are outdoor dogs, however, and we have had 2 to 3 mothers so lots of dogs to sell. Sometimes they sell really fast, and sometimes not. I think one mom is plenty and my dh is beginning to think that way, too. We have 2 retired moms also. Good thing we live on a farm. We used to raise pigs.

aovercast
01-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Morning...or I guess afternoon, the time difference to Hawaii stinks. I'm doing well today. I can see one thing I'm going to struggle with. I stay at home witha 3 year old and almost 2 year old and they are hungry constantly. Going into the kitchen every five minutes to get them a snack is brutal!

needtolose4me2
01-04-2007, 06:07 PM
hey all. well decided to have that coffee lst night, thanks ark. Kel! I think it is a pretty good snack. definitely helped with that sweet tooth. Yes, I should try something else to take mymind off it. Brushing me teeth would probably do it. I'll have to try that. I just get to preoccupied with wanting to eat to concentrate on reading or anything like that.
Hollyxmas - i never thought of jello! Not a big fan but I think I would take that over a hard boiled egg some nights!
zLilly - I hope your DD is feeling better and that it's nothing serious!
BB - I've been there for sure. It's tough the only thing we can do is keep moving forward! Hang in there!
Robin - I just went through something like that. I went in to have a lost filling replaced and after drilling away they decided that I need a root canal. It's an eye tooth otherwise I swear I'd have it pulled! the good news is that it's only one root. I have to go back on the 17 to have it done. I've had two - one good, one not so good, so I really don't know what to expect. GOod luck with it!
Aovercast - Wish I can say I feel sorry for ya, (living in Hawaii and having to deal with the time difference!) I'll trade ya! This is the first year that all three of my kids are in school full time so that really helps. I remember what that was like, it's one thing keeping yourself out so you don't eat, but when you HAVE to go in there and prepare things... I so often found myself eating with them even when I wasn't hungry!

Hi AUD and Carolr - hope things are going good for ya
talk to you all tomorrow.
Oh by the way, i had a small (2oz. ) portion of a peach bake. (I work in a school cafeterai and we made them warm out of the oven for the kids) IT's about the only thing I could ever be tempted with there and it has become my weakness. It's about 2 slices of canned peaches baked with a oatmeal and cinnamon topping. (probably some brown sugar too I imagine!)
Well, that's my confession for the day. Really pi**ed me off too because it would have been day 3 cheat free. and would have proably put me back into ketosis. AHHH!!!
maggie

MrsH
01-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Hi Everyone!

Just thought I would pop in. I posted an introduction on the main page. It's nice to meet everyone! Lady adnerb and Robin it's good to see you! I remember you from before.

Well, today was day 4 and it's been cheat free! I'm proud of myself. I'm taking it one day at a time! The only urge I am fighting right now is to step on the scale. I really want to see if I've lost anything, but I'm trying to wait for the weekend!

Hope everyone has a great cheat free evening! Off to bathe the little one. Hope to pop back in after she's in bed.

aud
01-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Hi All!:)

Heya Mrs.H & audrey--glad you joined in.:) Hooray for Cheat Free Days - I'm almost in the Zone--the Atkins Induction Zone. I have so much energy its unreal!!! Gotta concentrate on that absolute FACT!

So glad to know your name Maggie - needstolose was hard to type for me--not sure why!:D PLEEEEEEZ:^: don't peach beat yourcrispself up--shake it off and moooooove on--that's what I did after DHSaboteur made my Potato Bread stumble---blew it off even tho' he's had that *&((^^%$freakin' bread machine baking around the clock SINCE!:mad: I think of him as "The Enemy" each time I walk in the door and the delish aroma GAGS ME now!:D

ooooops - neighbors knocking - if I don't get back here---Hang In There beachie! Hiya robin and your DD is in my prayers tonight lily!:hug: (Love the name "Lacy" too BTW!:) )

lilybelle
01-05-2007, 12:13 AM
carol, Congrat's on the new puppies. I can't put mine outside as it is too cold and the dog house isn't heated. Vet told me not to take them out unless it is above 40 degrees. They are all doing well. The runt is very small but he eats a lot. I usually have Molly feed him separately. We are giving him to a friend instead of selling him. The rest are big and fat and starting to wander more each day. They love to play and be petted, but mostly love being fed. LOL.

Robin, when I was breast-feeding my kids, I lost at least 35 lbs. in the first 6 weeks both times. Breast feeding was great for weight loss,, but the stress of raising them wasn't. LOL.

Audrey, I feel for you. When I babysit my 2 yr. old grandson, it feels like I'm constantly in the kitchen. It always seems like he wants to nibble on something every hour.

NTL, Lacy is feeling better. Thanks.

Mrs. H, it's good to see you posting. Glad you joined us.

Once again, I spent the evening paying bills,cooking, doing dishes, doing laundry and even cleaned my son's room. He has Army Drill all weekend and I knew he wouldn't be home to clean it or do his laundry. My DD griped at me for cleaning his room and said "make him do it, I clean my own room". Yeah, right, if she wants something she'll clean it. I think my kids are a tad spoiled. LOL.

Arkansas Kel
01-05-2007, 12:33 AM
Lilly: We’ve all looked just like Molly at some point! I think mine was a tub of Mrs. Fishers Chips. Bad bad bad! Glad DD is better.

Aovercast: I understand the time difference. My fave aunt lives in Alaska – that’s whacky too! Horah for you staying on program. How about gum to chew while you are going back and forth to kitchen or maybe a bowl of “legal” snacks on counter for you to get a bite of (like peanuts if you can have them yet).

NTL: You’re Welcome. Here for ya. OH NO, I don’t know if I can talk anyone out of peach bake! Evil stuff.

Mrs. H: WAY TO GO! YOU ROCK! Keep up the good work and attitude!

Aud: So proud of you for resisting the evils of DH! Willpower wishes to you.

Now for me: Got signed up for school. Was disappointing. Didn’t get as many transfer credits as I expected from past education. That means more classes (translated time and money). I plan to call and protest to try to get more, or maybe change schools. I really lost a lot. Could only get into 1 of 2 classes I wanted to take. Did get signed up for a class, Chemistry. Have been off a few days, cooking ahead low carb stuff for work this weekend and getting house in order. Much left to do. Will check in later if anything is happening tonight on here. I’ll be up!

RobinW
01-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Good Morning :rain:

:wave: MrsH, I remember you :) Welcome back!! That 2yr old will get older and be able to make her own snacks soon :lol: My dd is 10 now, makes a mean snack and knows if its sugared or some sort of cracker she wont ask me if I want any.

Its nice to see so many old names and new names around the joint...welcome back everyone.

Have a great day ladies....I'll check back later.

lilybelle
01-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Kel, yes we have all looked like Molly before. I remember specifically a Jenny Craig commercial where Kirstie Alley was saying "hey, you put down that bag of chips you're eating". I was sitting there stuffing my face with a large bag of cheetos at the time. LOL.

It used to seem like a buffett was a hog trough to me. I'd eat so darn much of anything I wanted. Now, I head straight for the salad and baked chicken every time.

Lacy is better and went to school today. Hope she makes it there all day. I hate to see her get behind at the start of a new semester. We had a little talk last night about her TOM. She admitted that the day before when she had the stomach pain and vomiting that she had started. I explained that all through high school I had a lot of cramping and vomiting every time I started. This may be some of her problem. She looked and felt fine this morning. I told her to let me know when she starts and I'll get her some Midol or try to find something that will help her. I know that also, if I used tampax that I cramped 100 times worse and she refuses to use pads. Says they are "disgusting". Does anyone else have a teenage girl that they have had problems with this issue?

carolr3639
01-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Aud, I have an "enemy" DH too. He loves to bake. Lily, I've heard Aleve works good for cramps.

lady_adnerb
01-05-2007, 10:39 AM
TOM has arrived and I'm trying to prevent the snack attacks. Yesterday wasn't thinking and ate liver (coated with flour). Then had a snack attack (NEEDED chocolate)..compromised and ate a banana. Not induction friendly but better than the other junk that was calling me. I'm working on getting this right :)

beach bum
01-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Didn't have time to post this morning. I got involved with cleaning straitening up the computer/guest room. Still have my cold,hope my voice doesn't disappear again. Luckily we don't have choir or senior sing rehearsals until Spring.

I'm really frustrated with this waiting to lose some weight. I did it before when I was on the cruise, I gained 13 lbs and lost 8 in a week and that the other would come off as easy. No way, I'm struggling.

LILY-I hope your right:yes:,about my weight.My doctor told me that he thinks I'm VERY carb sensitive and told me to stay on the induction part of the Atkins. I'm trying to stay low,but i find myself creeping up to to owl part of the diet.[25-30 ]carbs per day.

NEEDTOLOSE-Thanks:thanks: for your inspiration.I'm certainly not going to give up.Have to find my balance again.

MrsH:welcome: back to the board.I've been on the Atkins WOE and this board since Aug and did very nicely losing weight but than the cruise and holiday came and went and I'm now I'm back to square one.Congrats on your cheat free days.

Lady_ Adnerb-Sending you :dust: for your cheat free days during TOM's visit.

Have a great evening

RobinW
01-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Wow, what a crazy day. We were at a friends helping them get their heat press set up...and showing them "how-to". I ended up having a piece of pizza ...only one tho so I did good on that point...so eating has been off but not excessive. One of my goals this year is to learn moderation and consistency. Baby steps :dizzy:

Ive very hungry at the moment, but its the reaction to the pizza dough, so Im here destressing, and thinking about what Im going to make myself for supper.

Have a nice evening everyone.

aud
01-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Hiya All!

I grew up on a small hog farm carol - plus a few cows. Loved those little piggies!:) Bet your pups are cute.

I've been an exercise demon this week - gotta go record in the exercise Thread sticky. Haven't been faithful to my new love-Pilates - but blame it on the woes of being on the "wrong" shift. One more week of day shift - YeeeeHA!

Bummer about the credits arkie - good luck with that. I'd seriously check into someplace else as time allows.

Got smackered by some more peanut butter grahams again earlier - but lc peanut butter and brushing myself off and moooooooving on.:dizzy:

lilybelle
01-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi everyone, It was beautiful and 63 degrees here today. I took the puppies outside for the day. They enjoyed being in the back yard, after they got over being scared. We brought them back in tonite.

Went to Walmart and bought a new iron and ironing board. (oldest step-daughter melted a plastic sack to the other one I had, so it was useless). Oh boy, now I can iron again. Yippee, not. I bought my DD a memory chip and battery recharger for the new digital camera she got for Christmas, so now we can start making bunches of pic's.

aud
01-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Ahhhhhh . . . its The Weekend Baby!!!:carrot: This will be my first Intentional Exercise Focussed Weekend in quite awhile. Planning on hitting our Riverfront Trail - even tho' its a bit chilly. Back when I lost a lot on Atkins (I'm thinking '98?:?: ) - anyhoo - I was an Outdoor Walking Manaiac. All weather conditions. If it was raining real hard, I'd slicker an umbrella up and take off! (Confession: I pretend I'm in London - especially if I'd walk at night!:o ) I'm addicted to Books on Tape from the library--so I'm usually not setting any land speed records - but DO get "lost" in the stories and walk waaaaaaaay farther than I ever did on music.

Another goal I have for this weekend is to get the snack I remember telling you about from years ago--haven't had since. Actually bought a couple ice cube trays but couldn't find Diet Root Beer anywhere in Wal Mart!:mad:

I'm remembering loving A&W Diet Root Beer (Or their Diet Cream Soda) - fill a couple of ice cube trays with either one - then when you want a sweet treat - put a few cubes in a glass (I remember using a really pretty "sundae" type glass-glass---will have to search the china cabinet) - squirt or scoop some real whipped cream over the cubes and pour in a little soda---I remember this really satisfying my ice cream tooth/cravings and is ez to have in.

I want one NOW. LOL!:D

Have a Great LC Day gals - I'll check back in after a loooong walk and determined to get some Pilates in somewhere today dagnabbit!!!!!:mad: :dizzy:

lilybelle
01-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi ladies,
It is quiet here. The pups have been put outside again. My sleep was very interrupted as Molly woke me every hour needing outside.

DH is working overtime a bunch this week/weekend so we can pay off a few medical bills. They aren't very much, there's just so many of them. An ongoing problem around here. My son is gone to his Army Drill all weekend.

aud, I'm with you. I plan to get intentional exercise starting today. With the constant laundry from the pups, I can't seem to get much else done. Having them outside during the daytime should help some. I have done major house cleaning all week but not much else.

I am starting a separate saving account for vacations. I plan to get to go on a cruise this year. I've never been on one and know that I would love it. I had saved for one last year and ended up paying the money for a surgery instead. Not this time, darnit , I want a real vacation.

beach bum
01-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

I got my 8 hrs of beauty sleep and I finally lost a pound.Now if I can lose some more by next Wednesday I will be boarding The Happyville Express.

Nothing new, have to go to Walt-Mart to return an outdoor extension cord.The rest of the day I will be taking down my last bit of Christmas Decorations[The table tree and nativity set.]

Robin-Her some will power dust:dust: that you take baby steps to help you along with this WOE.

Aud-Great work on the exercising this week,should help PB graham cravings.

Lily_we have warm temps but its rainy hard,bird bath is flowing over.So we'll pospone our trip to Walmart today & will get our shopping done on Monday.Love these warm temps,hope they continue though the winter.

Have a great weekend

Hug :) BB

RobinW
01-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Thanks BB :hug:

Lily~ Im loving this weird weather....aside from our freak october storm, we really havent had any snow...and we are saving big $$ on pellets for the wood stove.

Aud~ Im reading your legal treat thingy, and Im thinking......hummmm, if you tossed those frozen rootbeer cubes in a blender, then blended in some nice cold cream :T well that just sounds down right tastey!! :lol:

Alright, well I got on the scale this morning....Im a bit early but thats ok. Ive been wanting to know if Ive lost anything. I havent been eating induction, but I have cut out all sugar, eaten in moderation, and practised consistency all week. So without too much trouble other than to remind myself I cant have the whole bag of something, Im down 1lb....and thats with tom fill up my female floatation devices ;) So Im pretty happy with that!!! With schedules the way they have been this week its been a bit crazy. Tomorrow morning starts induction for 2 weeks....mostly to keep the sugar out of my system, and keep from getting a yeast infection from the anti-biotics Im taking. Then .......onward to practise moderation and consistency!

Dd and I are taking a mother daughter day today, heading out for lunch, and to see night at the museum at the IMAX. Should be fun ...have a great day ladies.

lady_adnerb
01-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Not feeling well. Just wanted to check in and let you all know how much I appreciate the support (and butt kicks) you all give! You're an awesome bunch of women and I appreciate each and every one of you! :hug:

On a plus note...I did WI this morning and have an official 4 pound loss. I realized I've not been doing strict induction so I'm guessing that's why it's not more. My own fault. I'll worry about that when I feel better

lilybelle
01-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Congrat's to each of you on the wt. loss. I haven't weighed lately. Keep forgetting to until after I have already eaten. I'll try to remember to weigh tomorrow morning. Been having severe problems with constipation again. Went and bought some more fiber choice tabs and they might help. Haven't went in 5 days, so not excited to weigh, that is for sure. My tummy feels much harder than usual. I hate that this happens to me alot. I have taken 3 stool softeners per day for last 3 days and still didn't go. Maybe I need dynamite. Weird thing is, my clothes are still plenty loose. My eating has been pretty decent. I'm drinking a lot of water and actually craving it.

carolr3639
01-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Lily, on the breaky thread someone asked you what brand of breakfast bar you use. Couldn't find the answer. I really like Carbwise but they are discontinued.

needtolose4me2
01-06-2007, 08:21 PM
hey all!
Aud - Your are too funny! you always crack me up when I'm reading your posts! warm baked bread would be another downfall for me I'm sure!

Beachbum- Hey a pound is a pound! good work! I'm hoping to be able to get on that happyville express on Tuesday when I weigh in!

Kel - That's too bad about school. I agree too that you should look somewhere else.You worked hard for those credits, I'm sure!

Lilly - Wish I could help with your daughters TOM situation, But i's be real interested in what others have to offer sine Ihave 3 girls (10,8 and7) before you know it, I'll be having those same questions! YIKES!!

Carolr - that was me asking about the breadkfast bars. Iused to use the atkins bars but then stalled with my weight loss. Everyone told me that the bars are probably the cause of it and I never had one again! I sure do miss them though, they were great in a pinch.

Brenda - Hope your feeling better! Way to go on the 4 lbs this week! I hope I can match that.
Sorry if I missed anyone! Can't seem to go back a page without losing what I'm writing here!
I actually came on because I didn't feel like exercising . I've been so lazy that I'm afraid it's going to effect my weigh in. but after reading everyones posts I think I got a little motivation and just might be able to pry my butt out of this chair and do something!
have a great night!
Maggie

lilybelle
01-06-2007, 10:13 PM
carol, the breakfast bars I use are the Quaker brand at Walmart. (Q-smart) total of 3 carbs I believe. They really aren't that great. They are hard and crunchy. I just use them when no one else is here for breakfast with me. I have tried the Slimfast ones and a couple of the South beach ones that I thought tasted pretty good but were more expensive. I have never tried any Atkins bars except the cinnabun ones and they were nasty.

nonamortica
01-07-2007, 07:32 AM
whoppeee!!! Whosh Fairy came last night .. 3 lbs down overnight.:D

Now I am at what was my baseline for several years, before I creeped even higher up.

Gonna keep up that dance practice and stay on plan.

:hyper:

Well gotta go get my coffee and decide what's for breakfast.:coffee:

good good good morning everyone!

Nona

lilybelle
01-07-2007, 11:16 AM
My wt. is skyrocketing. I'm now up to 147. Still unable to use the bathroom. I am depressed over this. My eating hasn't been bad. I'm going for a walk now and will check in later. Grrrrrrrrr.

nonamortica
01-07-2007, 11:42 AM
My wt. is skyrocketing. I'm now up to 147. Still unable to use the bathroom. I am depressed over this. My eating hasn't been bad. I'm going for a walk now and will check in later. Grrrrrrrrr.

Sorry you are in a bad place.

I am not allowed to get constipated, (or rather not allowed to strain at all) because I had to have 6 and a half hours of reconstructive pelvic surgery for all kinds of prolapses. genetically bad connective tissue) so I am well aware of the issue. Straining to go is the #1 cause of recurrance in prolapse. (sorry, ladies for the explicit content, it's for real)

Let me just say, glycerin suppositories are your friend. They are purely a physical stimulant, not like a chemical laxative that is absorbed into your system, and pretty gentle. They are not carb-free, glycerine is sweet,haha but they aren't absorbed anyway.

I take fiber every day and also do not allow myself to go more than 2 days without going. I keep a jar of those handy for those times.

Hope you are feeling better.

Nona

lilybelle
01-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Nona, thanks . I will try these. It's been 6 days and I am totally miserable. I have seen a doctor about this recurring problem and he always just prescribes another laxative and never gets to bottom of why this keeps on happening. I had hernia surgery in May, 2006 and in May 2005. Prior to these surgeries, I had the exact opposite problem with diarrhea. Now, I keep getting a very hard knot in the right lower quadrant of my stomach. I cramp like crazy but can't go to the bathroom. I am totally miserable and feel like I can't leave my house.

RobinW
01-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Dont let it get you down Lily, you know after a good bm you're going to be back to normal.

Things are about to get back to normal around here. I kinda like the chaos and noiseyness of the kids. Dd starts back to school in the morning, our christmas holiday is over.

Im ready for a good week of induction, lots of cooking has been done, and meals/soups all cooked up. So Im ready for a good week.

Movie night tonight......have a nice evening ladies.

lilybelle
01-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Nona, the glycerine suppository didn't work. I'm still miserable. I'm going to try to see a gastroenterologist. This has become such a problem for me.

nonamortica
01-08-2007, 06:05 AM
:( I'm sorry it didn't work. I know it's a miserable feeling. And I hope you can find out soon what can help it.

Nona

lilybelle
01-08-2007, 09:29 AM
Hi everyone, I am feeling better today. Every thing I took finally hit at 1AM and now my stomach and back aren't hurting anymore. Scale was down 5 lbs. this morning. I knew my eating had been on program and the gain wasn't from fat. It was frustrating none the less. I am going to see a gastroenterologist as soon as possible. I want to get to the bottom of why this keeps happening. Not just try to relieve it with mega doses of laxatives.

On a happy note, my son was nominated for Soldier of the Year by his Army unit. He was very excited. He went before a panel of sergeants and all yesterday and they asked him a lot of tough questions. I'll keep you all posted on how this turns out.

carolr3639
01-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Lily, You might still be there. I've had the same problem. This is hard to believe but soy milk cured me. It has 4gm fiber per cup and 1 net carb. I have to use a little sugar free flavor to drink it but getting more fiber really works. It's hard to be consistent and if you are in an emergency situation you might want to try an enema or a stonger laxative like exlax but only once in awhile. The thing is to get more fiber and that means count it like carbs, as much as 25 to 35 grams a day.

nonamortica
01-08-2007, 05:46 PM
lily,
Glad you are feeling better. Hope you find a solution. I know for I think at least a year after my surgery I took a stool softener twice a day every day and two fiber tablets at night. I eventually stopped the stool softners, but there is no harm in taking them long term. Some of the harsher laxatives I am sure you know are not good to get in the habit of taking.

Also, Flax seed ground up and mixed with yougurt was something I used for a while.

all the best,

Nona