Support Groups - PIC~Partners In Crime 2007

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : PIC~Partners In Crime 2007

petra65
01-01-2007, 09:21 AM
I thought I'd try starting the new thread for 2007. Hope this is a good OP year for all the PIC chicks. :)

Anyone know how to archive the 2006 thread?

curlylocks
01-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Happy New Year!

petra65
01-01-2007, 04:23 PM
I PM'd Suzanne about archiving the 2006 thread. Hopefully it will just happen.

Happy new year!

I downloaded that trial software. It has some nice features but, I'd have to enter all my custom foods again which is time consuming.

curlylocks
01-01-2007, 05:27 PM
one thing i liked about it tho is that is shows u based on your progress when u will meet your goal... thats cool

Oh i had a call from "habitat for humanity" i was chosen as a umm finalist for a house i have to go on the 13th for a meeting!

petra65
01-01-2007, 06:28 PM
That is really cool Curly. You will have to tell me how it goes (the habitat for humanity thing). Looks like someone posted to last years thread. Wish I knew what to do about that.

Valerie Joy
01-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Happy New Year everyone!

Monday: 1150 calories, 1260 deficit

iwmonn
01-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Happy New Year PIC's!

I'm with Ya'll. Gonna get that ol' Mojo Movin! One Day at a time ;)

Today I'm resolving to use small plates for my meals. So Far So Good.

Good Luck Ladies.... 2007 is gonna be OUR time! :grouphug:

petra65
01-02-2007, 07:45 PM
I had a pretty good OP day but I'm still over 2000 calories--just barely at 2016. I'm really not overeating so I'm not sure why I can't get below 2000. Makes me wonder how many calories I was eating when I wasn't keeping track-YIKES!

Valerie Joy
01-02-2007, 08:38 PM
I had a pretty good OP day but I'm still over 2000 calories--just barely at 2016. I'm really not overeating so I'm not sure why I can't get below 2000. Makes me wonder how many calories I was eating when I wasn't keeping track-YIKES!

Thats why I count my calories even when I'm over 2000. I think I could easily go over 4000 calories a day if I wasn't paying attention.

I am still not able to exercise because of my pulled lat. I'm starting to think it might be a tear since it's been 3 weeks already. I weighed in at 213 today and I am going to move my ticker up on friday no matter what it says. It's so fustrating because I really HAVE to exercise to loose and keep weight off. First the ear infection and now the pulled muscle :mad:

Tuesday: 1181 calories, 1229 deficit

iwmonn
01-02-2007, 09:34 PM
ok... my ticker is set and up for all to see again too. I'm up 14 lbs and I'm not going to stand for it anymore! I'm making myself publicly accountable again.

Val, I hope you're feeling better soon. Is there a sliding scale clinic you can go to? If you've done some real damage, you need to have it taken care of before it gets worse. I myself have a nasty case of tendonitis in my right arm... sucks but at least it doesn't mean I cant walk.

Petra, I've never done well at counting actual calories. I did put a weekend breakfast into a new site I'm trying, and it calculates that meal into over 700 calories.. YIKES! I'm going to be using it more, and really keeping up with my effort to use smaller plates and utinsils to help control my portions.

Curly and Angel!! YooHOOOOO :wave: Hope you're doing well too!

curlylocks
01-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Had a good day.. no foods i shoulnt be eating.. However I had the opposite problem u guys had .. i didnt eat enuff food, tho i did have my protein powder, and a good dinner ... calories were 1256 and carbs were 25 gm

and thats just as bad as over eating... cuz that is what brings your metabolisim to a screaching halt... tho my problem has never been over eating real food.. its all the goodies that I crave...

i went an did my LWE workout for 30 min

I had a 25$ gift card from work for the grocery store and spread that around pretty good... lately ive been trying to try out new foods.. like yesterday I bought eggplant and made up a casserole similar to lasagna but used the eggplant where the noodles would be...

a layer of eggplant, a layer of ground beef, a layer of mushrooms, onions, and a lil sauce thats for dinner tonight

Val I am trying to think of some type of exercise that u could do but I know from experience that when your back is hurting there really isnt anything that doesnt make it hurt more...

Great idea with the small plates Dee.. I also read something that says to visualize your plate in 3rds 1 third protein, 1 third carbs, 1 third veggies

I know what u mean Petra when u arent tracking the calories its amazing how fast they can rack up...

Ugh, I am back to work today .. lol didnt get a thing done that I had planned to do .. but oh well...

ONE OP DAY AT A TIME... AND WE WILL GET THERE!

curlylocks
01-03-2007, 07:23 AM
P.s. I read this in one of the other forums about when u gain weight back... they said If u have a flat tire... u dont shoot out the other 3 its kinda helped me when i have gotten discouraged... and wondering where my mojo went!

iwmonn
01-03-2007, 02:57 PM
hehe.. i tweaked my dream breakky down from over 700 cals to 285 calories + 2 slices of flax toast with a tiny bit of Earth Balance on them.

I turned sausage links, hash browns & fried eggs (albiet with pam not butter ;)), and ww toast w/butterr at over 700 cals into scrambles eggs with sweet potato cubes, onion, ground turkey sausage with feta/spinach, LF cheddar cheese & milk at 285 cals!!! Plus had (but didn't figure into cals) 2 slices flax bread w/ a small amt of Earth Balance. (which is what I had and it was yummy)

Check out calorie-count . com/calories/recipe_analysis.php.. my biggest problem has been figuring out cals for cassaroles etc. I found this in another post on 3fc and I'm really diggin' it!!

Curly~ I love the flat tire analogy.. I'm gonna remember that one hehehe... thanks!!

You all have a wonderful day!! ~Dee

iwmonn
01-03-2007, 05:49 PM
So what do you guys think? I know Lee would really appreciate it- my not making him a guina pig with new recipes... heheh.. Anyways this kind of makes a lot of sense practicality-wise. Plus he has pointed out (and I now agree) that I make to much to-do out of food. It should be to sustain us. I tend to obsess over how food tastes....... discussion anyone? LOL..

Practice Food Monogamy
Yeah, sure, variety may be the spice of life, but it also may be the death of dieting.

Having a lot of food choices is what makes us live like we're in a never-ending speed-eating contest. But research shows that if you decrease your food choices, you'll automatically decrease your appetite and waist size. Pick the one meal you most often rush through and automate it. For most people, lunch is the hurry-up meal. So find a healthy lunch you like -- salad with grilled chicken and a light olive oil dressing or turkey on whole-grain bread -- and have it for lunch every day. Every day. Yes, every day.

In fact, the same old routine is the point. More and more research has found that putting a cap on the variety of foods and tastes you experience helps you control your weight. How does it work? It seems that when you have meals with lots of diverse flavors, it takes more calories (http://www.realage.com/srch/RASearch.aspx?query=count+calories) to make you feel full. That's why we tend to eat more -- to satisfy our taste buds, not our bellies -- when enjoying foods like Mexican or Indian cuisine.

We definitely don't want you to become bored, but if you make a habit of eating the same food for at least one meal a day, it'll decrease your temptations and help you stop thinking about flavor feasts. It's one of the ways to automate your brain so that your habits follow.

Reference: YOU: On a Diet (http://www.realage.com/research_library/rec_reading.aspx). Roizen, M. F., Oz, M. C., New York: Simon & Schuster, 2006.

petra65
01-03-2007, 07:13 PM
I know a lot of people like to eat the same foods all the time when they are trying to lose weight but I would get bored in a hurry and that would be a sure way to get me off track. It would also make me feel deprived which dieting doesn't do in general--maybe because I allow myself to eat a variety of things. I can't even handle having the same meal more than 3 times in the same week. Remember that Flavor Point diet that came out last year? I never read that book but I think it might have something to do with this idea.

BTW, I'm at 1544 calories so far today. I think I'll make it under 2000 for the day! Yeah!

Dee, I have a computer program called Master Cook that quickly analyzes any recipe. It was a gift so I don't know how much it cost. If you need me to run one of your recipes, just send it to me. Also, that new weight by date software that Curly was talking about has a reasonably good analyzer. Much easier to use than fitday.

curlylocks
01-03-2007, 08:49 PM
HA HA I am one of those people who could/ do eat the same things day after day ... for months and be happy... lol

breakfast: 2 boiled eggs or a protein shake
lunch : pizza made on a whole wheat pita or a big salad
dinner: a meat and a veggie

throw ina grapefruit in the afternnon or some black berries and i would be happy as a clam!

lol i go out to dinner and order the same thing just about every time... my friend says u had that last time... I said yeah and it was good sooooo????

I had an OP day today well except for my grapefruit too many carbs (11 net) thats a lot of carbs in 1 spot but i just crave them for some reason...

calories were good ... went to workout & took chai for a short walk 1 mile

jennie934
01-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Hey Ladies,
remeber me? I used to write way back when....
Anyway, its new years! the gyms are full, the weight watcher meetings are packed, and the whole world is tryign to get back in the swing of things. Well count me in. I had a bad holiday season with food. I am doing well with the excersise but I couldn't seem to pass on the holiday food and goodies. I need to get back on track. I havn't been to a weigh in because my meetings fell on the holiday schedule. I promise my self I am going to go this sunday and see what the damage is. hopefully it won't be as bad as I think it is.
do you all hear from anyone else?
part of getting back on track for me is being accountable and part of that is posting so I'm going to try and get on here more often and keep intouch with my PIC's.
talk to you all soon
Jennie

Valerie Joy
01-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Dee I do eat the same thing everyday for breakfast and lunch. It's afternoon snacks where I get messed up!

I was good alll week up till today.

Jennie good to see you back! l

I did go to the gym yesterday but my lat muscle is hurting worse today so I took another day off exercising.

Wednesday: 1670 calories, 1211 deficit, 45 minutes cardio, light weights
Thursday: 2198 calories, 212 deficit, no exercise

Valerie Joy
01-05-2007, 06:32 PM
As promised I edited my ticker. The bad news is I had to move it up 4 pounds meaning I gained 15 pounds since thanksgiving. The good news is I lost weight this week so I didn't have to move it up as much as I thoguht I would.

I am so motivated to get back under 200 again! I can't believe I gained so much weight from just a few days off!

petra65
01-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Good to see you again Jennie.

I didn't have my best day yesterday but I'm back on track today. I'm at 1700 for the day so I'm pretty happy that I seem to be finding a way to get those calories down without feeling like I"m starving. Those Lean Cuisine meals seem to be helpful--maybe I should eat more of those.

I'm going to buy the Sonoma diet cookbook this week I think. I was looking at it in Barnes and Noble and it looks really good.

curlylocks
01-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Thats OK Val u didnt give up and look at the great work u have done losing and staying rid of 51 lbs!!!!

I read an article that said if u think u havent accomplished much ... get a pack back and add @ 25 lbs in it and try walking around... u will see the BIG difference that what you HAVE lost has made on your body.... so just think how good u will feel when you make it to your goal weight!!!

anyhooo I give u much credit there Val.. 51 lbs gone and not comming back!

I had a another OP day .. :cheer: Me!!! wow an entire week now! shhh i better be quiet before I mess up.. went and worked out today after work!

Petra... dont forget more protein... makes ya feel full maybe u could try adding the GNC whey portein drinks as snacks and see if that helps

jennie934
01-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Hey Ladies,
well I'm cleansing my self today and tomorrow. did you all read the French women don't get fat book? its an interesting read. In the book, she talks abot the miricle leeks. well I make a mircle leek soup of my own and its really a kick in the butt. the bad thing is that that is all you are supposd to eat for almost 2 days. I cheated and had oatmeal for breakfast. leeks at 7 am would not sit right I dont' think. but as a natural diuretic, it is flushing all of the bad fluids and stuff out of my body. Once I am done, I am going to try to stay off sugars and get all fo that out of my system too. I can't remember how long it takes for sugar to get out of your body but I think a few days.
I'll jump on the scale tomorrow for a peak and then on Sunday for real.
How is the excersise gonig for everyone?
ttyl
Jennie

Valerie Joy
01-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks Curly! Sounds like you've been doing really great this year :)

Jeanie I haven't read that book but it looks interesting!

Friday: 1705 calories, 731 deficit, no exercise

curlylocks
01-06-2007, 04:43 AM
just saw that the pool in my area is offering aqua aerobics for$8 per class think i may go check it out today...

petra65
01-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Val, looks like you and I are at the same weight. I did pretty well this week so I'm a little disappointed but I know I need to get those calories down.

Jennie, never read that book either but some of my patients did and were telling me about it. I hadn't heard about the leek soup. It's been a while since I did my sugar detox but I think it takes about a week.

iwmonn
01-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Hey PIC's,

(First off I hafta say Yayyyy Seahawks!!!) I figure by the skin of their teeth or by 227 points- a win is a win lol... :cheer:

Jennie~ WB to you!! It's always great to see an old avatar come back ;) good luck with that cleanse... yuk leeks in the morning- lol.

Curly~ I love water aerobics. I wish we had a pool around here. I miss swimming. There is one at the snobby hoity toity Sea Ranch, but you have to be a member to use it. Oh well... Have fun!

Val~ How's your back feeling? Ya know, maybe you should look into a water exercise class. That may be something you could do to get a bit of exercise in?

Petra~ And how is your new job/city going? How are the boys? I miss hearing about their antics sometimes. lol.

I think we got another new juvie cat. I actually think maybe he is another littermate of Sam and K.C. He's healthy and good weight so I'm also thinking he lives somewhere else and is just visiting us every night lol... but he's not fixed :(.

Girls, would you trap and get this boy fixed even if you thought maybe he belonged to someone else? (we have checked with some of our neighbors that we know and nobody knows anything about him) Our Humane Society will pay for it if we say he's a stray....

I slipped on some ice on the deck yesterday. I didn't fall, but I think I messed up my back and shoulder flailing my arms around to balance myself. It freakin' hurts. Lee's been a sweetie and rubbing arnica on it for me :) The whole upper right quad into my neck. I think I'm not gonna tell him when it's better hehehehehe...

I haven't weighed this week yet... That comes Tuesday. I have a Dr. Appt then too, for going over blood tests. I don't look forward to that visit lol.

Everyone have a wonderful day!! Stay healthy, happy and OP ;)

curlylocks
01-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Hi guys .. wow musta been the day for tripping and falling.. I was trying to get the stinky carpet ripped outta my living room.. tripped fell into a pantry cabinet knocked it over ... and most every glass thing in it busted all over the kitchen... not mention making my back feel like a mack truck ran over me.. but i am moving today..

hope everyone else is repairing... well i am finally getting around to up dating my pic ... this is me -- minus all the hair !! lol

angel-eyes
01-07-2007, 05:22 PM
olie olie in come free!!!......Hi girls!!!! Just had to pop in and wish everyone a Happy New Year. I too have to kick myself into gear and get going with getting OP. Thankyou for all the shout outs and hello's. Work is so busy, I can't believe my schedule....so much for a reduced work week. This week I have 39 hours and I work 6 out of the 7 days!!! I have to apologize for being MIA, work and (some of you will know) the RANGE of emotions that perimenopause brings......I am having the hardest time with sleeping and with crying jags. I've spoken with my dr. and we are 'working' on it. First step was some mild sleeping pills to help me sleep and they seem to be working wonders.... So I am here in spirit and cheering all of you on!!!! Hopefully I will be able to find the time for me soon:hug:

jennie934
01-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Hey Ladies,
OK so the official holiday WI was a 2.6# gain. yuck but not any where near as bad as last year which was a 7#gain. so I think I can get back on track and get it off pretty fast.
I hope everyone who fell is OK. I fell ice skatign but I have to say I was asking for it. It was raining so it was like skating in a big puddle. My son had new skates and was dyeing to get out there and skate. hopefully I won't get any awful bruises or aches tomorrow.
So this week we are all goign to be great!
see you all soon.
Jennie

curlylocks
01-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Angel I am feeling ur pain girl... just wait till those flashes get ya.. u wake up covered in sweat & soak n wet... Hot then cold... GRRRR ya know maybe those monthly visits from Tom werent that back.. i tell all my friends these hot flashes are the pay back from all the complaining about the cramps... u almost wish u could just have em back! lol

Valerie Joy
01-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Dee sorry to hear about your fall.. Ice in Ca and rain in chicago. It's just not right! I would get the cat fixed if it's roaming!

Curly you are doing so great! Keep up the good work. Water exercising sounds like fun!

Angel good to hear from you! sorry to hear about the sadness. I can relate. I haven't gone through that time yet but I have definetly battled depression *hug*

Jennie your holiday weight is not bad at all. Comparing to me who gained 15 pounds from thankgiving to NYE!

Saturday: 2349 calories, 378 deficit, Walk away the Pounds
Sunday: 1225, 1226 deficit

curlylocks
01-08-2007, 06:46 PM
ya know, Val the aqua exercise might be something u could do with ur back issues.. do u have a ywca near you?

petra65
01-08-2007, 08:01 PM
I hope everyone is doing okay. Gotta watch those falls.

Yesterday was a rough day. I got invited out to this brunch thing after church and I felt like I had to go because I really need to socialize and meet some people here but it wasn't great for my diet.

I'm doing better today. I'm at 1752 calories for the day so I think I am getting the hang of getting the calories under control.

Good to "see" you again angel. Stop by more often. I've had a couple hot flashes so far and I'm just in my early 40's. Not looking forward to the real thing when it comes.

Dee-I'm adjusting to my new life here. Sometimes I can't believe I did this but I think it was a good decision. I basically have no call and I don't have to work any weekends or holidays. I purposely got a house with a big yard for the boys (I have about an acre). The boys only use a small amount of the yard. I guess they haven't adjusted yet. I do walk them religiously every morning here. I'm sure they miss all the people who adored them in PA. They got baths yesterday so they smell pretty good right now.

Valerie Joy
01-08-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm high on the calories. I'm just really exhausted and it shows in my eating.

Monday: 2156 calories, 774 deficit, cardio, weights

curlylocks
01-09-2007, 07:05 AM
#$$%%^^ How can a person weigh 238 on friday and the scale say 244.8 on tuesday morning???? I have watched every morsel that has gone in my mouth stayed under 30 gms of carbs and exercised everyday????? :yikes:

petra65
01-09-2007, 07:17 AM
Water retention?

curlylocks
01-09-2007, 05:54 PM
I dont know know maybe inflamation from exercise and falling? ummm menopause? beats me but i was saying a few "choice words" this morning!!! lol

* check out adventuresingoodcompany.com Awesome IDEA! think i am gonna do the may trip to WV

iwmonn
01-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Hi Ladies!

Wow look at all these posts. Just wonderful! My shoulder/back is just fine but omgoodgness I got hit with a bad cold a couple days ago and it totally sidelined me. I'm not used to this sicky stuff lol. I've slept for about 2 days now and I'm on my way back up I think :) I actually haven't turned on my puter in 3 days. I think that's a record for me. I even check my mail when I go on vacation lol.

Angel~ Great to see you again GF. :hug: I'm hoping things will even out for you soon.

Petra~ It does sound like a good move for you. Once you make some friends, and the boys get used to all the room they have you'll probably wonder why you didn't do it long ago ;) I don't imagine it's going to be tooo long before you find someone to adore your boys heheheh...

Val~ Is your back better? I see you have some cardio in. That's great. 'Slow & steady' there my friend. This weather is weird huh? We are expecting record breaking low's in the next few days. They even say maybe snow all the way down to the coastline?!?

We have decided to try to get "jack" to the vet. He shows up almost every night. Usually just a short visit but it's regular. Even if someone does own him, they are being irresponsible. We owe it to the other cats to have him neutered. We don't need another aggressive male, or more kittens.

Curly~ You watch yourself girl. Hey, are you competing for the host job on This Old House?? LOL. Is there NOTHING you don't do? hehehe. I hope you're feeling lots better today too. BTW, a little sweat in exchange for TOM?!?!?! Bring it on lmao

Jennie~ You're holiday gain wasn't so bad at all! Get yourself back into the game now! I hope you didn't bruise too bad from your fall. Just think of the guilt trip you could use on your ds tho lol. btw, how did your cleanse go?

LOL I have to go back to bed now. Lee istaking care of me.. oyyyy. Makes me take my zinc, stuffs Vicks up my nose, refills my water...... actually I've always been the caretaker, never really had anyone take care of me :) it's kind of nice. For as much as I gripe about him, he's really kinda a good guy ;) You all have a wonderful OP kind of day today. :grouphug:

curlylocks
01-10-2007, 07:54 PM
ehhhhh.. its not just a lil sweat... its like someone set your entire body on fire from the inside... at least when ya sweat u can justcool down and its gone ... no with this there is no cooling down... kinda like u feel when u have like 102 temp...

petra65
01-10-2007, 08:40 PM
I have been trying out a couple of the recipes from the sonoma diet cookbook. They are pretty good. Fortunately you have left overs because I wouldn't want to cook like this everyday. This long commute is killing me.

I got a crate for Buddy. Curly-I'm going to have the fun you had with Chai. He was checking it out but he hasn't gone in it yet. I put their crates right next to each other in my bedroom so they can keep each other company while I"m at work.

Well I guess I better go get my bath so I can hear what Mr. Bush has to say tonight.

Valerie Joy
01-10-2007, 09:47 PM
I've been having this problem where I sweat at night. I never notice being hot but I woke up a few times last night freezing. I also usually have really bad nightmares when I have the sweats. I don't know whats going on but I had a really bad nights sleep again.

I've been trying to exercise while still resting my torn muscle. I've only been doing walking on the treadmill and WATP.

Wednesday: 1449 calories, 1278 deficit, Walk away the pounds

petra65
01-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Hey ladies, we fell off the first page. What's up with that?

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm having a pretty good OP week and my scale is being nice to me. I know it won't last forever but I'm enjoying it for the moment.

Tough day at work. I had two patients yelling at me. One of the hard things about this job is that it is kind of part of my job to have most of the patients not like me where before I had a pretty good relationship with most of my patients. You get used to it. Once in awhile they come back and thank you later but not very often.

Valerie Joy
01-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Hi everyone!

Hope you all are having a good day!

Thursday: 1431 calories, 1005 deficit

petra65
01-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Hey, I got to change my ticker and it was actually moving in the right direction. How about that!

I have a 3 day weekend. One of the joys of being a federal employee now. The big plan for this weekend is to buy a new refrigerator for inside my house. All this time I have had my old refrigerator out in my garage. It will be nice to actually have a refrigerator in the kitchen.

curlylocks
01-13-2007, 09:05 AM
OK I am thinking it was the "protein powder" I was using a different one.. usually i use GNC and this was EAS.. cuz i stopped drinking it for 3 days and i am back to 238 ??

iwmonn
01-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Hey girls,

Things are good here. I'm finally healthy for the most part lol, and actually enjoying a little cold weather here! It's nice cuz it's so dry ;) Doesn't seem as cold as the thermometer says it is. I'm doing OK lately. I want to try whey protein. I'm not sure what it was I read but whey is the way I decided to go. Unfortunately, the kind we get from our supplier at work is having mfg issues so it's unavailable right now lmao.... I may actually have to pay retail price for it somewhere else!! Yikes! I'm thinking of using a bit of psyllium husk too, to help me feel fuller. Should I just try the protein first and see if that does it or am I actually having a good idea?

All of you stay happy and get healthy!! :grouphug: Dee~

curlylocks
01-14-2007, 07:18 AM
seems to work for me.. If u want some info I would suggest reading "Protein Power" by michael Eades

in a nutshell... If u take in more protein combined with low carb, it seems to shutoff the "hungries"

I have tried quite a few of the whey protein powders and prefer the ones from GNC a 6 lb container runs @ 30.00 but I have found its better than the others. but they also run specials and have smaller 1 lb containers as well

just google whey protein weightloss and u will get tons of info

petra65
01-14-2007, 10:29 AM
I like optimum nutrition. I've also tried designer whey and that is pretty good and comes in smaller containers. I'm mostly Sonoma/South Beach dieting these days so I"m not using as much of it. I make a protein shake as a snack once in a while.

My refrigerator is coming today. I'm very excited. I also want to do some painting today but I have to find someone tall to remove a light fixture for me. I may have to go knock on a neighbor's door for that.

Curly-when you painted a bathroom, did you remove the toilet? My sister and her family are coming to visit next month and I am thinking I may try to paint my guest bathroom before they get here. I got a shower curtain, and some new towels for in there yesterday. Starting to get the house fixed up a little bit. Having an income helps.

I got Buddy's crate. This has been ugly so far. I suspect he thinks he is being punished (which he sort of is). I've been putting him in while I go on short trips this weekend so he can get used to it. Kobe loves Buddy's new crate. He goes in there and just lays down, he probably thinks I got it for him. They are too funny.

petra65
01-14-2007, 12:43 PM
Well my refrigerator arrived. I have it all wiped down and most of my food moved in. It has a water dispenser and ice maker and all those cool gadgets I've never had before. It hasn't started making ice yet but I guess that takes awhile. I never realized how many little bottles and jars of stuff I had. Life will certainly be a lot more convenient with a fridge inside the house.

curlylocks
01-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Petra I had enuff room to reach in behind the toilet and paint.. its easier if u use those spongy paint applicators on a stick for the hard to reach spots..

Can u believe 68 degrees in jan???????????????? man its unreal. lol we are gonna pay big for this...

OH and about my habitat meeting... a habitat house in my area goes for 100,000 and u get NO CHOICE of where it is.. and some of the land they have available is in a bad area.. also u have to have almost a perfect credit score (not me) sooo.. i am thinking now if i have to pay 100,000 i can just move to a place where houses are cheaper and pick my own place! I know dang well i could find a double wide on a spot for wayyyy cheaper than 100,000 even if if i have to go way out to northern va or WV ...... grrrr

and get this an elderly man that was on the committe told me:

"you are a good looking girl... why dont u just find yourself a sugar daddy????? " OMG!

LOL chai is sitting very patiently cuz Before i started typing this i told him we would go walk.... lol i see his patience beginning to fade... hahahaha ok too nice to be sittin in the house....

OH... i just got back from Target.. had to pick up a yoga mat .. cuz I am starting a class wednesday evening...

I know why u lose weight doing yoga...

Class: $75.00
yoga pants: 12:00
2 Yogs tops: 18.00
Yoga Mat: 20.00
Yoga Mat Strap: 10.00
Grocery budget: 0.00 >>>> spent it all on yoga stuff

hehehee after the expenses no money left for groceries ... ya lose weight!!!

YES Chai ... I am comming... keep ur fur on!

petra65
01-15-2007, 08:32 AM
you don't need special pants or tops, sweats work just fine. You just need to be able to move around comfortably. People have different opinions about the straps as well. You probably could have used a belt.

I did get the ceiling in my foyer painted yesterday but what I thought would be a small project turned into a big one. First, I didn't have enought paint and had to fly to Lowe's to get more. Have you ever painted popcorn? Popcorn ceilings are big down here and it is a big pain to paint. I got a work out though. I also discovered I have a big plumbing problem which will hopefully get solved today because I have no water right now. All the utilities are underground down here and there was water just streaming up over my front yard. The previous owner came over last night and helped me dig it up. At least I have the day off and can take care of it. Part of the reason I bought this house is because it is only a few years old and didn't have anything wrong with it. What a joke!!

curlylocks
01-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Whats up Pic's??

Me and chai ended up walking 4 miles yesterday.. then I got up today and went to LWE and did my workout.. and then pretty much piddled around the rest of the day... looking online for some fund raiser ideas for my "relay for life team"

one project i am workin on is a hand crochet afghan that I am gonna raffle off and the proceeds will go to RFL .. wanna peek?? LOL i just put it away becuz.. chai thought the yarn was a play toy.... he swiped my yarn and ran across the room... then had it wrapped around his feet.. so after untangling him from the yarn i decided that was enuff for today... hahaha

we just had a kayak launch open up.. with a pretty big stream and its fast... so i am thinkin maybe a rubber duck race to raise money..

iwmonn
01-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Heya PIC's,

How's ya'll doing? THings are good here. It's cold again. It got up to 62 today, and within an hour it dropped 20 and started drizzling lol. Guess that's what I get for laffing at my friend in snowy Whidby Island, WA hehehehe...

Anyways, I'm doing well, slow and steady. I'm still not doing any specific program except trying to watch my portions. I'm still waiting patiently for my friends daughter to part with the treadmill and crosstrainer machine so I can set up my lil home gym. I was gonna walk to the estuary (sp?) -where the Gualala River runs into the ocean- today, but I got sidetracked with a phone call. I'm going to do it tomorrow tho if it's nice out again.

I hope your painting goes well Petra... yukkkkk lol. I hated painting popcorn celings. that, and also wood panel walls- like the ones from the 60's. Actually, I just really would rather pay to get the painting done. :shrug: hehe...

Curly~ I think a ducky race sounds cute lol. We raised a great amount for my sisters Team in Training (for Lukemia Society) a couple years ago with a Yard sale and BBQ (we did garden burgers and Sobe drinks only).... good luck with whatever you do!
YoooHOOOOOOO?!?!?!?! Val, Angel and Jennie!!! Come out an playyyyyyyy:dizzy:

:grouphug: Dee~

curlylocks
01-17-2007, 07:02 AM
We are having the craziest weather here... yesterday morning it was 60 degrees, today it is 27 with a windchill of 18 ????

i stayed op yesterday.. didnt exercise tho, but tonite i start the yoga class

how is everyone doing?

curlylocks
01-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Had my first yoga class tonightLOVED IT!!!!!!!

Valerie Joy
01-18-2007, 01:18 AM
Glad you enjoyed your yoga class Curly!

I've been bad here. I've been doing some binging like the other day at the store I ate a whole box of cookies in my car on the way home and hid the evidence before my hubby could see it. I feel bad I don't know why I do it. I'm still having trouble with the exercise because of my back.

I hate to be such a downer but I feel like I'm backsliding. I'll try and be stronger.

Sunday: 2438, 2 surplus
Monday 1407, 1549 deficit, cardio, weights
Tuesday: 1439 calories, 999 deficit
Wednesday: 2635 calories, 189 surplus

curlylocks
01-18-2007, 10:20 PM
We all have some good days and some bad days Val... take it in stride... one day at a time.... just cut back a lil more tomorrow....

seems like no matter what i do the scale is stuck... so i have times when i say "why bother" but i know if i continue like that that all the weight would be back and quick!!! so I just try the best i can do ... one day at atime.. and if I am stuck at this weight.. then at least I will try to be active and be as healthy as I can be at this weight... and most of all enjoy life!!!

petra65
01-20-2007, 10:45 AM
No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth again. I just had a terrible week at work. Fortunately, I didn't use it as an excuse to binge eat. I had a patient and his wife come in on Tues and start screaming at me. He had just been discharged on Friday. I don't think I did anything that justified that sort of reaction but it did rattle my cage a little.

Glad you liked the Yoga, Curly. I used to enjoy my yoga classes in PA. Maybe I'll have to find some down here when my life settles down a little more.

The popcorn ceiling was a mess and it needs a second coat. I'm not looking forward to that. I also have some other little projects that need doing this weekend. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

You won't believe this one. I got Buddy this nice crate. Within one week he has figured out how to get out of it!!. The first day, I thought I just didn't latch it properly so the next day I made sure I latched it securely and came home and sure enough he is out of the crate. Can you believe that? I suppose I could add some extra stuff to it to make sure he doesn't get out (like a padlock--lol) but I think I'm just going to close him up in my bedroom for now and see how that goes. Since the boys sleep with me, they may view my bedroom as their "den."

petra65
01-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Hey, where is everyone this weekend?

shonnuf
01-22-2007, 04:33 AM
Hey, everyone! I'm so new...just joined and started reading posts. I'm sure one could get lost very easily in the threads but I figured I should jump right in. Partners-In-Crime sounds like a fun board with some support which is what I'm looking for.

Cliffs Notes version of me...I just separated from my very unsupportive husband and am very happy about that. Would love nothing more than to gain control back of my life and my weight now that I don't have to listen to rude comments. I'm looking for a weight-loss partner, ideally with the same amount to lose as me. I'm GOING TO lose 60 pounds. I'm at 200 now as of my last visit to the doctors, which I wasn't happy about, and am shooting for 140. Anyone interested in partnering up with me? Feel free to hit me up on AIM: shonnapareja THANKS!!!

curlylocks
01-22-2007, 06:54 AM
Welcome ~Shonnuf~... just jump right in and post... good to have u join in with us..What plan are u following?

Lets see I worked saturday... whoo hooo some overtime$$$... then mainly worked on crocheting all weekend since .. we have snow, ice and yuck .. gonna box it up and send it down to Petra just incase u are homesick for snow?????

picked up some more weight smart vitiamins, i notice now they are "advanced" hmmm .. and had to also pick up a new sweater .. cuz I have an interview on wednesday for a job with the state... so cross your fingers for me..

This week I need to get some type of a schedule working here... cuz I want to try to get back to my ladies workout express 3 days a week.. so i am thinking tues, thurs, sat then do the aqua aerobics maybe mon, friday ..and I have the yoga class on wednesdays

while it was snowing yesterda I made a big pot of veg. beef soup so i guess I will be eating that for ... umm a month hahahahaha:dizzy:

ok I better scoot.. I am sure everyone at work will take advantage of the lil bit of snow to call in ... so I will have 50 people trying to call in at one time this morning...

Have a great OP day.... lets try to get some lbs gone for Valentines day

iwmonn
01-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Hi PIC's!!!

Shonnuf~ :welcome2:It's wonderful to have you. Isn't this site great!?! and all of the PIC's are great too! The support:cheer:, advice:cofdate:, the sometimes needed kickk-n-the-butts:kickbutt:, and just general friendly chatter:gossip: has been so helpful to me. My DH is sometimes less than supportive so I sort of understand your situation. Mine wants me to lose the weight (for my health and to get my snoring under control lol), but in my opinion- he has some fears about my getting skinny and cute & what that may do to our relationship. (BTW, I love him and have NO intention of moving on.) So good luck to you and I sho hope to see you post often. It Works!

Curly~ Weren't you just talking about the balmy springy weather there?? LOL and now snow!! Yikes! It's still been beautiful here, very springlike. But we need some rain!!! I love having the well, not having to pay for our water BUT if we don't get some rain soon I'm afraid I'm gonna have to start going to the laundrymat!!! :eek: I hate going to the laundrymat! But I think I'd hate running out of water more. heheeh... My mom used to be a crochet fiend! My sisters and I must have had 30 crochet vests and I still have several of the afghans she did before she passed away. ME, I never had the patience for it lol. And Mom tried to teach me for many years.

I have every didgit i can cross crossed for ya GF!!! GO!!!!

Petra~ THis is silly advice to give to you, but remember- these people are not necessarily lashing at you personally. It's what I always had to remember working at the clinics. People who don't feel well aren't usually the most polite people ;).. But I bet you know all this already.
Buddy is really a smart dog huh? lol... How's it working just keeping him in the room? Glad to hear you kept to your plan Petra. I really hope things start to settle down soon. When is your family coming to visit? Maybe save some of those projects for then. They may enjoy helping you with your new place?

VAL & ANGEL!?!?! Wassupppppp ladies...

I'm back into the 3 lb swing again. I know what I need to do and this is the week I'm gonna do it!! And stop sabatoging myself everytime I do lose a few. my computer is doing some really weird things lately. I acutally couldn't even boot up for a couple days again!?! Hopefully I fixed the prob this time.
Well, enuf for this megapost today! :grouphug:, be happy, safe and OP Girls!!!!

Dee~

Valerie Joy
01-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Hi Shonnuf welcome to PIC! Good luck with your goal! Take small steps!

I weighed myself today and I was up 4 pounds since last friday. It's so fustrating. I hope I don't have to move my ticker up again.

I did exercise today. I did Tao Bo for the first time in over a month and it did hurt my lat muscle which I pulled way back in December. Exercise is so important to my plan. I try to do what I can. I know I need to exercise everyday. Tomorrow is my chiro appointment so I'll probably be hurting to much to go to the gym.

curlylocks
01-24-2007, 07:07 AM
Good morning Pic's!!!

How is everyone doing? I had a good OP day yesterday... went and did my workout at LWE.. tonite is ..:yoga:

I have a job interview this morning...:write: cross ur fingers for me! :cheer2:Its kinda hard cuz I have worked at the same place for the last 13 yrs... but I need a better salary!
I want to buy a house ..
Would be hard losing those 20 vacation days.. but I need a place where I can advance.. and I am not a "spring chicken" anymore so I am trying to find a spot where I can get better retirement benefits...

anyways have a great day ... I am still recycling the same 3 lbs:mad: ... its really starting to get fustrating! down 1 up 1 ....... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

OK i will adjust my ticker.... :mad:

curlylocks
01-24-2007, 08:06 PM
I GOT THE JOB!

iwmonn
01-24-2007, 09:42 PM
:cheer::cheer:yayyyyyyyyyyy curly!!!:bravo::cb::cb::dancer::woo::woo::encore:
:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck:

So when do you start? What are you gonna be doing? What thrilling news!!! New start! Clean slate! You GO Girl!!!:congrat::congrat::congrat:

Valerie Joy
01-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Congrats Curly! Thats great news :cp:

I had an ok day. No exercise and about a 200 calorie deficit.

curlylocks
01-25-2007, 08:43 PM
thanks guys! my title is "Child support specialist trainee" for the first 3 weeks I will have to travel about 1 1/2 hours away for training... i am excited.. I have an AA degree but I am thinking about going back and getting my bachelors... hahaha i might be able to finish it up before i retire!

Didnt go exercise tonite... my gas tank is empty and so is my checkbook till payday tomorrow! but had a good day with food... Boy am i sick of vegetable soup!!!!! and the dang pot is still half full!!!!

oh isnt this cool the sidewalk around the offices where i will be working is exactly 1 mile long... sounds like a great way to spend my lunchtime! ( lol i know becuz this is also the location where they hold the light-the night walk!)

Valerie Joy
01-25-2007, 09:24 PM
That sounds great Curly! Congrats!

I had a much better day today but I'm afraid my ticker will be going up again tomorrow. I had a 1200 calorie deficit & went to the gym to do cardio and weights.

Valerie Joy
01-27-2007, 12:03 AM
Grr I had to raise my ticker 3 pounds. For what it's worth I had gained 4 pounds as of Tuesday so I really lost a pound.

I've been good with my calories today. I'm trying to eat more fruits and veges.

Hope everyone is well!

curlylocks
01-27-2007, 05:16 PM
i saw that dr agatson the creator of the south beach diet is gonna be on larry king tonite

curlylocks
01-30-2007, 07:25 AM
WHERE ARE ALL THE PIC'S????

omg.. ITS 18 DEGREES HERE!!! :yikes:VAL take back your chicago air!!!! Not much to report here... I worked all day saturday... i figured i may as well take advantage of the overtime... i can use the $$... mostly going crazy :dizzy: trying to get stuff straight before I leave friday... they are trying to pick someone to take my job by today so that i can get them semi trained before my last day ...

I havent done very well making it to LWE but will try to be sure to get there today... one good thing about the new job is that I will have to pass by there to get home... so I think I will do better making myself go!

still recycling... down a lb... up a lb :flow1: I sure will be glad to see spring get here... this winter weather.. just makes me want to hibernate...

Valerie Joy
01-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi everyone! curly it's cold here too. I want our california winter back!

I've been doing ok diet wise. I have a couple good days and then a really bad day. I probably need to admit I have some type of eating disorder. Yesterday I had over 1000 calories at one sitting of yogurt and cereal. I actually filled my bowl up twice. I did get my exercise in so at least I'm getting back to that.

iwmonn
01-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Hi PIC's,

Brrrrrr girls! I dunno about this Cali weather Val lol... it's still a little chilly but sunny blue skies and still no rain. Lee checked our records, and right now we're almost 8" below last year. Of course last year were floods all around us too ... Oh well, hope you both warm up soon!

Wow Curly, you really are making the big change. That is HUGE.... (lol just ask Petra), but at least you're staying put geographically. Great you'll be going right past your workout place too.... That always got to me, having to drive the extra few miles out of my way to get there. Ummmmm or was that just another excuse I used???? Yeahhh that's it, it was out of my way heheheh.
And Val, Keep on Truckin' GF. It'll come back to you. Maybe with the onset of spring too. Winter months are notorious for slacking off and losing motivation. Just look at posts around the boards. You are a step ahead just being aware of what's happening, right?

I"m hangin in there.... doing the same thing with the 3 lbs, back and forth. I almost had my gym started with a nice stationary bike, but the lady called me as I was on my way to pick it up to tell me since she moved it out of the back room (getting it ready for me to pick up), she started using it and wants to keep it now. Whataya say to that?? LMAO.... Still waiting for the treadmill and the crosstrainer from the lady I work with. I'm going to offer her for me to come clean out the room they are stored in so I can get them to their new home. hehehe. I know it's lame to say I can't do it without the equipment, but I'm so psyched to use it and somewhat unmotivated to continue until I get it. Does that make sense?

So anyways PIC's, I hope you all have warm thoughts and OP days :)

Ciao, :grouphug:
~Dee

curlylocks
02-02-2007, 08:01 AM
well the scale says I am down 1 lb :cheer: LOL it will probably be back tomorrow!!! had the melt down yesterday... am i doing the right thing? (new job) I wont be able to do it etc.... my old boss was such a witch yesterday.. It made me happy I am leaving!!!! hehehe I raffled off one of my afghans and made $100 in donations for RFL :cheer: so even if i havent made it to workout other than :yoga: I have been constructive this week! hahaha

Have a great day... :hug:to all pic's!

Valerie Joy
02-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Congrats on the pound lost Curly! Today is my official weigh in day but I cheated yesterday and saw I was at 210!

I'm focusing in on whole foods now. I'm eating things that they zone diet doesn't recommend like carrots, apples & bananas.

iwmonn
02-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Curly~ Yes!!! You can do this! LOL, You ARE doing this :)... And you are going to be good at doing this. And you are going to be so happy you are doing this.. :hug: And leaving behing that biotchy boss is just icing on the cake!!!! without the calories heheheheeh.. Congrats on the afghan auction!! You are amazing ;)

Val~ Maybe focusing on whole foods is the change your body is looking for. I don't know a lot about Zone, but I know the health benefits of whole foods. Just keep an eye on the higher sugar ones..... some will spike that blood sugar so high. Check out the site care2.com.. they have some wonderful recipes! Good Luck tomorrow :hug:

I don't know when I'm gonna get back on the scale lol... soon. I got a phonecall this morning and the bike girl has decided she doesn't want it again so I'll be picking it up Tuesday. And I kinda put a bug in the treadmill lady's ear. So, we'll see what happens.

Good Job PIC's... I'm glad you're here :) :grouphug:

curlylocks
02-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Way to go VAL!!!!!!! :cheer: Ummm about that pound I lost... i see its back with a half brother today .... well let me explain.. Yesterday the girls at work outdid themselves I wont get into the gorrry details but I will just say it was food as far as the eye could see...... I I ate wayyyyyyyyy too much .. and they loved it.. I really didnt want to hurt anyones feelings so i had like a dab of everything... and it made them all so happy...

so i will cut back today... lol they really went all out for me .. it was awesome...

OMG they are calling for the high to only be 10 degrees next week!!!! Val I know u are accustomed to that ..but I am gonna freeeeeeeze :yikes:

OK much to get done today gotta run in and button up the end of the month then I am freee from that job! then gotta run around and do a bunch of stuff..

OH and buy some dress pants cuz I am not skirting it in 10 degree weather and I have 1 pair of dress pants hahahahaha have a super day!

curlylocks
02-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks Dee... wish i had the confidence u have in me... LMAO nah i am ok just doubt myself at times guess we all do... ex boss made my last days pretty icky.. and musta been bad cuz even other staff members commented on it... oh well that book is closed now...

I did awesome at target... got 2 pairs of slacks, a skirt, 2 tops, shoes, panty hose, socks and a lunch box for 110.00 woo hoo... my mom said MORE SHOES???? And I found a long wool coat on ebay for $20.50[wont that be pretty with chai's black wooly hair on it?????] ok no more shopping for @ 5 months! lol

LMAO is it just me or do all chubby girls have a thing for shoes?

Valerie Joy
02-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Hi Ladies!

It's so cold here I can't stand it anymore!

I'm doing pretty good staying OP.. After my friday pizza binge. Even with the cold I got out and exercised.

curlylocks
02-06-2007, 05:51 AM
Its 7 here the temp! OMG we are not used to this kinda stuff! and even worse cuz where i have to go near DC for training I have to park 3 blocks away!

yesterday all we got was 30 min for lunch.. so by the time u got to your car u could forget getting anywhere in traffic for some lunch so i had a pop tart outta the snack machine.. I will be glad when this 5 weeks is over, it takes me almost 2 hours each way to get there... and they are calling for snow tomorrow............ :yikes: we dont get much snow here.. so no one really drives very well in it...

Today i made my lunch so no more pop tarts.. I am having a low carb wrap with ham cheese and lettuce .. a dill pickle and a sugar free jello..

much better choice :cheer:

Bundle up Val ... try to stay warm.. o how i long for those days a few weeks ago when it was 70 .....

iwmonn
02-06-2007, 12:48 PM
WoW!!! I keep hearing about your weathers on the news... brrrrrrrrrrr. I really feel for both of you.

Val~ Keep up the good work! Staying OP and exercising too.... sounds like you're starting to get back into the swing of things :)

Curly~ You have to commute 4 hours per day for the next 5 weeks?!?!?!?! :yikes: Is your 'home' office closer to where you live, I hope? How's the training going anyways? Are you meeting some people you will be working with when you're settled in? LOL, sorry 'bout all the questions... Your coat is beautiful- I love it, and the shoes too but i'd die if I tried to wear heels like that lmao. Keep up the good choices bringing your lunch from now on! It's hard to eat from a vending machine. Especially one that stocks (OMG YUMMMMMMMMMMM) Pop-Tarts.

I'm on my way to go pick up my new exercise bike in a couple hours. And my friend seems to be getting closer to cleaning out the storage room where the other exercise equip is kept... so sooooon I think I'll have my gym room set up. No excuses (real or imagined) left then, huh?

I just weighed, and I certainly don't like what I see.... my ticker is adjusted and I'm ready to face my demons... I think.

Soooooo, have a wonderful day ladies... bundle up and keep on keepin on!! :grouphug:

curlylocks
02-06-2007, 09:14 PM
hi there!

Dee the office where I will really be working is only 25 minutes from my house, the training is for new hires all over maryland so I guess its a central location for all.. its only 65 miles but the traffic is killer! clutch ...brake... clutch brake.... and they are calling for snow tomorrow.. and its well known that people in Maryland cant drive in the snow! We just dont get enuff to practice!!! lol

here is only one lady that I will be working with attending... But thursdays & fridays I just report to the office, I will be working in.. and I will get the low down on benefits, a desk! leave etc... I sure hope they give me a mileage re-imbursement sheet cuz so far I have been paying out of pocket for the gas :yikes:

Yeah i fell in love with the coat when I saw it... now if i can just keep chai away from it!!! looks like it would be a pet hair magnet!!!

Valerie Joy
02-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Dee your exercise room sounds great! Put on some tunes and you'll be all set to workout!

I do feel like I"m getting things back under control. Admitting I have an eating disorder and tracking days being binge free seems to be helping my awareness.

We got all the way upto 10 today but now it's snowing!

iwmonn
02-07-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm still ROFL... I thought I'd be hitting that bike and going for 30 min or so.... Ladies, I lasted all of about 6-8 minutes!!! THat was hardly time enough to get the tunes going hehehe... anyways, I got the bike and I'm gonna have Lee do a maintainence on it. It's in good shape but the tension knob thingy is missing..... i think pliers will work ok tho ;).... I'm def gonna have to build up the endurance for it.

We got some rain finally, about an inch last night. Our power went out for a bit too.... my puter wouldn't shut down right and I've been having probs with it this morning :(... It seems to be ok now tho, I hope.. I cannot deal with Dell's outsourced support. LOL I have a hard enuf time explaining what the problems are in english!

okies girlies, stay OP and have a wonderful day/night :grouphug:

curlylocks
02-08-2007, 06:28 AM
thats 6-8 minutes more than the day before way to go!!!! now today just make it 9 min!!!!! thats the way to do it just add a bit more each day!

petra65
02-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi Ladies. Congrats on the new job Curly. I feel your pain with the commute. Mine isn't quite that bad but it is much longer than I would like.

I seem to be going through a rebellion stage. I am resenting all the work it takes to lose weight. I know what I have to do. I just don't want to do it. Somehow I want it to be easy and I know it isn't.

My life is not as easy as I thought it would be here but I am getting a few things under control. Buddy has adjusted to staying in the bedroom except for shredding my bedspread one day last week. Not sure it can be repaired yet.

And I won't gloat by telling you all what the weather is like here.

Valerie Joy
02-09-2007, 01:24 AM
Dee good job on the bike workout!

Petra I feel the same way. It's like I'm mad at weight loss. I feel that will all the work I've done I should be at my goal and it's fustrating!

I had a bad day with an afternoon binge on ceral adding up to over 1000 calories :( My hubby was going to be over an hour late for dinner so I justified it by saying I couldn't wait. Oh well tomorrow will be better and I did have 4 very good days in a row so hopefully I'll get lucky on my weigh in tomorrow.

petra65
02-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Okay, I will gloat. We are having an absolutely beautiful sunny day in the mid 60's. I didn't even have to wear a coat to work today.

I woke up with a migraine this morning and almost didn't make it to work. I've been living on Advil and caffeine and have made it through most of the day. I ate a sandwich for lunch and it stayed down.

Val-I'm not looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow either. I've been avoiding the scale for about a week but ignorance isn't bliss. I've got to face the music and get my rear in gear again. I can make all kinds of excuses but I know what I need to do. I work with a lot of substance abusers these days and boy can I relate. Back to step one.

Valerie Joy
02-09-2007, 06:41 PM
I didn't loose any weight this week. Well a 1/2 a pound if you can count that.

Petra I'm so cold. I finally tried to walk outside today and my dog was holding her paws up after only two blocks.

iwmonn
02-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Hi PIC's,

Petra~ hey you!! It's wonderful to see you posting today. Ya know, I really think you put into words what I've been feeling forever. It shouldn't be so blasted hard! But, it is. So we work at it. And sometimes I suppose we just need a break. You are going thru major life changes right now. I'm proud to know you for all you have accomplished. :)

Val~ GJ on those 4 days!!! You acknowledged your "ooops", and now you move on! :hug:! ~ LOL I have a visual of your dog lol... Is it Boogie? Maybe they make lil doggie mittens for cold walks

Curly~ Thanks for the motivation!

ANGEL?!?!?!?! Come out come out whereever you are!

I'm doing ok too.... not getting on that bike enough yet. I made a menu (dinner only) plan for the week and we're actually following it. It really seems to help. LOL I know- if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Someday I'll realize once and for all it's true. This morning I was down 2.5 from my last weigh in... but I'm not changing anything just yet. ;) It was an illegal mid week weighin hehehehe.

petra65
02-09-2007, 10:23 PM
My sister and her family are coming to visit in a little over a week. I went out to B&N tonight and got some info about stuff to visit in the area. Should be interesting. My brother in law is a great cook. I wonder who will be cooking that week? :dizzy:

Well, it is past my bedtime and I am beat. Talk to you ladies later.

curlylocks
02-10-2007, 06:51 AM
oh geez........ i wrote this really long post and it just poofed... ok here it is in short form:

i am feeling everyones pain... i ate on program to the morsel... and what do i have to show for it?? i am up 2 lbs however i just drank 2 huge cups of tea before weighing so maybe its tea weight?

i am getting bronchitis and i dont wanna pay the deductible on an insurance that i wont have after 2/28... anyone have any extra antibiotics??? lol

so yesterday really sucked came home after work only wanting to get in my fuzzy pjs and sleep and found i was outta oil :cry: so went back out bought 5 gallons to make it thru the night ... now today gotta go to the oil company and plunk down $500 cuz they are so independent now they want cash upfront!

my landlord has the place up for sale......... STRESSSSSSS???????????? all this and a new job? i am not sressed!

just keep repeating my motto:Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God. ...

petra65
02-10-2007, 07:43 PM
That's a good motto Curly.

I had a reasonably good day. Decided to check out a few new stores in the area. I went to a health food store and was delighted to find some things I haven't seen since I left PA like greek yogurt and ground buffalo. The people who own/operate the store believe in that blood type diet thing and were trying to pursuade me to buy certain items based on my blood type. I don't put too much stock in that theory although I got the little book on my blood type just ot appease them. It's interesting, most of the things that are supposedly "highly beneficial" for me I tend to like and most of the things I"m supposed to avoid I naturally don't like, with a few exceptions. I wonder how much these diets differ from blood type to blood type. I also went to a meat store. They had some fish varieties I haven't seen elsewhere and also sell some frozen prepared foods which can be convenient. I got some prepared roast beef that was frozen which could be convenient somewhere down the line. Vegetable options continue to be limited but I hear there is a nice store in Mobile, AL (about 1 hour from me) that has a great selection. I'm planning to go over there sometime in the next month or so and check it out. That would be quite a hike for regular grocery shopping but I could probably justify it once a month. I'm trying.

curlylocks
02-11-2007, 05:47 AM
i see that the fda has approved a lower strength xenical to be sold over the counter for weight loss ... ehhh think i would have to pass on that but heres a link if anyone wants to have a look it will be called alli
http://www.myalli.com

petra65
02-12-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm with you on that one Curly. I eat way too much fat to try that medication.

I got my taxes done yesterday. That was an ordeal but I am getting a nice fat refund from the federal government. I owe the state of MS a few dollars but that's okay. Didn't accomplish much else yesterday unfortunately.

Today hasn't been too bad at work for a Monday and I'm on vacation next week. I have family coming to visit. Talk to you all later.

Valerie Joy
02-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi everyone!

I've been thinking of xenical. I need something to give the the extra push to start loosing weight. I don't know about those side effects.

I had a good day today with a 1000 calorie deficit. I'm really hoping to hit 50 pounds lost (for the second time) this friday!

We had a huge winter storm here today. The snow is so pretty!

curlylocks
02-15-2007, 06:44 AM
haha I can get the same effect of Xenical .. by eating 3 pcs of sugar free candy and washing it down with some hot tea...talk about a colon cleanser... TMI i guess :lol:

hmmm i got on my scale and all it said today was "LO" does that mean I have lost too much weight???? A girl can dream huh? But I am wondering if perhaps thats why I have not lost any weight but have been OP to the last drop for the past week.. guess I better get some batteries cuz I know I cant live without my scale!

Geez Val I keep asking u to take back your weather... we dont want it over here on the east coast... ice snow, and its 19 outside now with a wind chill of 8!!!!!!! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :yikes:

Petra hope you have a great visit with your family...

Dee how is the biking coming along? I have really slacked, no LWE or yoga for 2 weeks tho I am gonna try to make it to LWE today...

I am just so worn out by 6 that I am falling asleep by 7 pm, mon-weds I am driving for 3-4 hrs per day then sitting in class for 8 hrs so when I finally get down the road all I want is my jammies & hot tea... also have been fighting this URI that just doesnt wanna go away...

COME ON SPRING... I AM SO SICK OF WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope everyone had a happy valentines day! :hug:

petra65
02-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Looks like it has been a little slow on this board lately. I think I had a "come to Jesus" moment as they say down here. I was talking to a patient yesterday who was making all kinds of excuses about his addiction....if only this or that in his life were better he would stop. I had a frank talk with him about addictions and that no matter how good his life gets, he will still have to work his program, and struggle with it every day of his life and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself too. I keep waiting for things to get "easier" here for me so that I can get back OP and you know what. I'm just making excuses. Time to clean out the fridge and stop this. I even considered whether I should try going to OA since I completely buy into the addiction model but I'm not sure I would fit in there. I think I may just need to tell more people around me what my issue is which will help me be more accountable. My poor family is going to have to put up with me while I detox off sugar again.

curlylocks
02-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Yeah the scale wasnt any nicer with new batteries either!!!!! :yikes:

petra65
02-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Sorry Curly. Menopause stinks!!

curlylocks
02-18-2007, 07:51 AM
HAPPY DANCE!!!:cheer2: 237 this morning!!!.....:goodscale:

Anyone up for an easter challenge?

petra65
02-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Sure as long as it isn't too complicated.

I'm now on day two of sugar free living again and I have to say I think I"m a little depressed. Funny how it has that effect on you. I took a nap this afternoon and I can't remember the last time I did that. I haven't gotten my carbs back down to 40/day again but I am getting the sugar out. One thing at a time I figure.

I'm re-reading The Thin Commandments. That is an awesome book. I should just keep it on my bedside table.

My sister and her family should be here late tonight. They should be in the air right now. I have the beds all ready. Hope this is a fun week for everybody. Kobe is getting his teeth cleaned tomorrow.

curlylocks
02-19-2007, 08:45 AM
Yeah the thin commandments was an awesome book... i need to find a copy for myself.. When i read it i just borrowed it from the library. I have been on a clean up mission this weekend as well ... well i am making slow progress.. I did get the kitchen done... then the ADD kicks in and i move onto another project.

I am hoping to tackle the living room and bedroom today.... The weather man says a high of 50 tomorrow :cheer: I am soooo ready for spring!!!

Enjoy your visit with the family Petra... one step at a time and u will get the sugar kicked!!

Val & Dee how is your weekend comming along?

Valerie Joy
02-21-2007, 01:29 AM
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for a couple days. I've been eating well but haven't exercised because I have a really bad cold. I'm taking work off again tomorrow but hopefully I'll be feeling better by thursday.

curlylocks
02-21-2007, 06:41 AM
Hope u feel better soon Val, I went thru that it stuck around for @ 2 weeks.. Alka seltzer plus for colds seemed to kick it outta me! Decided I am giving up all sugar for lent :yikes: this will be a long 40 days :lol:

I am half way thru my training! thank goodness I am growing tired of getting up at 5 am!!!!

Hopefully I will get back down the road soon enough to make it to my :yoga: class tonight... Have a great day!!!

iwmonn
02-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Hi Ladies,

Well, I havent' been posting very well either..... but I've been reading ;). A week ago I was going to post my new official weight. I was so happy lol... 234.5..... now I'm not :(. I'm back up to 238. I just totally lost control. Eating sweets, sugar, greasy oily potato chips, anything and everything that I know full well I should not be eating. Yesterday was the pinnacle for me. I had McD's ... a big ol QPw/cheese and a large FF. Granted I have not had any fast food for maybe 6 months (Thank goodness for living in the boonies- 1 1/2 hours to any of them, hehehe)... and I have been craving it. Now it's over.

My weight is as high as it's EVER been on my scale and it's time to find that place in my head where I can dive in and overcome this addicition. I have exercises I can do without equipment, and the support of my friend- who is a trainer at the gym. I'm getting rid of the bike. I'm not using it, and it hurts my back when I do..... I don't need it. I need to get off my lazy patootie and get serious again. I'm going to focus on the sweets, the sugar, the fried fatty cholestorol laden, artery blocking foods- for today.... then I'll look at tomorrow and do the same :)

One doughnut at a time, one chocolate truffle at a time, One day at a time.... one pound at a time....

Petra~ I hope your family visit is going great!!! If you pop in to read the board :hug: to you.

Val~ Once again keep up the good work. *sending chicken broth and healing vibes to ya* Feel better soon!!! :hug:

Curly~ Half over!! Yayyy!! Are you enjoying the change? It'll all be sooo worth it! And congrats on the loss again!! :hug:

Everyone have a wonderful day!!!
Love, Dee

Valerie Joy
02-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the well wishes. This cold is really kicking my ***. I'm taking off work again tomorrow.

Dee I don't know what to say to you. I've been having trouble controling my eating also. You really just need to find the motivation within yourself. Do you sleep ok? I think I have sleep apnea and that being tired all the time may cause me to overeat and crave sugary foods.

I've moved my ticker up another 2 pounds. Hopefully that will go down soon.

iwmonn
02-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Thanks Val,

I'm searching hard today. I have to post, to be accountable. I'll tell my boss again too. She's compassionate, but firm when I grab for the cinnamon roll or chips. LOL She'll set me straight in a heartbeat- but in a nice way... steer me to the produce aisle water instead of pastries.

As for sleep, no I don't sleep well. My back aches all night, Lee keeps me awake cuz I snore and wake him up. Last year when I had the implants in my palate, the doctor suggested I do a sleep study cuz he suspected I may have some apnea, but with no insurance that's out of the question. I know tho, that my weight has a huge effect on the snoring, the back pain and the possible apnea. Just one more reason identified for getting serious :)

I guess I'm hoping this will be the time it works. Kind of like my smoking. I tried many many times over many years to quit.... and every single time I failed, until the last time. I have not had a cigarette in 2 1/2 years now.

:grouphug: expect more of me, as I work to have less of me .

curlylocks
02-21-2007, 07:46 PM
Dee... U need FIBER u need to find stuff to eat that will fill ur tummy up super full, like when u are hungry eat a can of green beans, or a bowl of oatmeal w/0 sugar ... just tell yourself when u are hungry ... u are gonna eat, but make sure what ever u eat is something that is going to be of some benefit to you and will keep u satisfied... like a huge salad and lots of protein! Protein makes you feel satisfied much longer than other foods... YOU CAN DO IT!!

iwmonn
02-21-2007, 08:52 PM
ty Curly, that is great advice. I have been working on the protien idea... a piece of string cheese or HB egg or a slice of turkey or RB, or drinking some Lightfull... with 6g of fibre and 6g of protein- 90 cals..... my problem (not my excuse any longer) is that I eat for no reason at all.... or for any reason, but mostly NOT because of hunger. So feeling full is not the issue. Getting my emotional triggers under control is... and as of this moment I'm aware of it and today (tomorrow and the next day and the next day), I will remain aware. This will help. Thank youuuuuuuuu

curlylocks
02-22-2007, 08:38 PM
I hear ya dee.. and that was my issue as well ... i just ate becuz... so i started out saying ok when i eat just CUZ i am gonna make it something healthy and eventually u get to the point where u can get it under control or u are so full from bulky stuff there just inst any room... also u get to a point where u cant stand that full feeling anymore...

iwmonn
02-22-2007, 11:17 PM
That's pretty much what I did today Curly.... If I felt like eating I tried some 3 grain oatmeal (yukkkkyyy, I'll stick with regular oatmeal next time lol), string cheese, soup, water, or a lightfull . (Heh, that's a lotta "hunger"). I had a low cal/low carb wheat bagle for lunch with a piece of cheese & diet juice.... i felt almost helpless against the potato chips one of the guys offerd me but I didn't do it!!!! I broke tho, and inhaled a cookie on the way home in the privacy of my car. That WILL NOT happen again. And I had some way hi-fiber spaghetti and sauce, cottage cheese, a grilled cheese sammie and 1/2 orange for dinner. AND 2 sugarless candies for dessert.... Not the best day I've ever had, but much better than recent past ;). I feel good.

Alla you PIC's have a wonderful day... :grouphug:

curlylocks
02-23-2007, 06:37 AM
I think u did great!!!!! :cheer: your focus right now is getting things under control... dont worry about quantity ... as long as you are eating something healthy! 1 cookie is sooooooooooo much better than spiraling outta control and having like a box of cookies... dont beat yourself up for the one cookie.. in fact make a deal with yourself... "if everything else i eat through the day is healthy.. I will allow myself 1 cookie... however, its just 1 cookie no more...

this worked for me .. Now I will be honest there are still days when I feel like if i dont have a tiny portion of something sweet i wont make it thru the day... but i figure I am much better off indulging myself with ONE of something then going back to being totally outta control and snacking all day... sugar free jello seems to fill that sweet void for me and only 10 calories!!

u are doing GREAT!! keep up the good work!

iwmonn
02-24-2007, 10:08 PM
:hug: Thank you Curly! I really needed someone to tell me I'm doing OK. (And even a cheerleader smiley!!!!) I'm really trying to work on the healthy focus. It hadn't really occured to me to ease up on myself about portion sizes. I've really been hard (disgusted) on myself for it. I'm doing great on the sweets tho. Right now I've cut so far back ( on the "obvious" sugars anyways)... I got some beef jerky for my ride home from work. We'll see how long that can replace that ol' cookie hehehehe...

So anyways Ladies- off topic- to. We have something that's getting at the cats :(... all 3 of the young cats have come home in the last week with some sort of (minor) injury to their rear quarters... first we thought maybe a kid was using a bb gun, but last nite I heard a helluva fight, and KC came home bleeding. He's eating and drinking. But we aren't able to see the wound yet. Keeping a close eye on him as he's not gone outside since. It's heartbreaking to see him in pain, and I know he's hurting.

It's raining cats and dogs here the last couple days. I can't complain too much, we really need it. How are all of you doing? Val, is it still winter there? Curly, How bout you? Any sign of your spring yet? Petra, How's your visit going?

Much love to you all!!! :grouphug:

curlylocks
02-25-2007, 06:45 AM
I woke up this morning and at first couldnt figure out what day it is.. hahaha then realized it was sunday... thank goodnesss!

i love beef jerky!! and one of my fav bulky snacks is one of those big dill pickles... and also I drink big cups of hot tea with a lot of equal in them :lol: when they find out that stuff will kill ya I am a gonner!

But u do hit a point where things just dont taste good to u anymore like pasta & potatoes for me... if u can just re-train your mind to say YUCK when u see them... ehhh hasnt worked for cookies for me yet tho :lol:

At first I found it hard to believe the study that found that if u are not sleeping your 8 hours u are not gonna lose weight no matter how OP you stay ... BUT I have seen it in action when i dont sleep well I just dont lose!!

Val- that cold got me also I think it lasted @ 2 weeks... but I still am having a lil bit of nagging cough still... Have u tried the alka seltzer cold medicine? I used that the 2nd week and think I went thru a bottle of nyquil the first weekend!

DEE_ u think maybe a racoon? or possum is after ur kitties? They cleared the woods next to me and now I have these 3 HUGE BIG HEADED.. ferals chasing my outdoor kitties all over the place and stealing their food.. they are really mean looking!

I bet Petra has made all kinds of good food while her family is there... maybe she could email us some!!!

OH YEAH its still winter... this morning the ground is covered with little balls of sleet/snow mix

iwmonn
02-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Hiya Girls,

We have been a very quiet bunch this week! How are you all? Anyone heard anything from Angel? I miss her :(

I don't have any major news to report. I have not had a potato chip in a week now!!! I guess that is pretty major, huh? And the sugar thing is still going good too. No cookies :) I'm thinking that after taking Curlys thoughts, and making the decision that I can have a cookie if I really really want ONE- I don't really want it lmao!!!

It's a new week and this week I'm going to work on my side dishes and portions.

We have been having freaky weather here too! Sun, hail, rain, sun, rain, dark dark sky, hail....... It just got really really dark and started raining with maybe a little snowey/hailey stuff mixed in. brrrrrrrrrrrr

Cats are doing ok... KC is still very sore. He is letting us pet him nearer to his wounds (which we have not been able to look at clearly yet), but he will not lift his tail- nor can we lift it for him. He's not near as lethargic tho now. Sam's wounds are healing too. They don't seem to bother him in the slightest. I don't know what we have out there. One man I talked to says based on how my kitties are hurt he thinks it's a juvenile mt lion or bobcat. I'm a little skeptical due to the fact that all 3 cats got away. 3 nights ago tho I got woke up by the neighbors dogs going crazy, and a very loud cat fight (or whatever)... I didn't see Jack til last night. I was soooo worried. I cried when he came in lol.

anyhoooooo.... you all have a lovely day. :grouphug:

Valerie Joy
02-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi Dee & Curly,

Sorry I've been MIA. I came down with the stomach flu yesterday. I was throwing up so much and couldn't keep any water down so the doctor prescribed Tigan suppositories. They seem to be helping a bit but I still can't eat.

On a good note (not really) I have a 2600 calories deficit as I haven't anything stay down :(

iwmonn
02-28-2007, 09:16 PM
((((((Val)))))) I hope your feeling much better real soon.

curlylocks
02-28-2007, 09:45 PM
hope u feel better soon val!!!! sending healing vibes.... I am here just perpetually worn out... I am looking forward to the end of training!!!

curlylocks
03-03-2007, 06:57 AM
whats everyone have planned for the weekend??????????/

iwmonn
03-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Heh... working as usual. :) Whataya doing?

Val~ Howya feeling girlygirl? *HUGZZZZ*

Pertra~ Missin' ya GF!! Hope life is good.

so, it's not WI day, but I did it anyways (lol like I do every morning heheh)... i'm down 2 again. It's so frustrating how quickly it goes on, but takes so much work and determination to get it back off...

I hope you all have some wonderful OP days!!! :grouphug:

curlylocks
03-03-2007, 10:22 PM
WAY TO GO DEE!!!! :bravo: awesome!!!!!!!! :dance:

curlylocks
03-05-2007, 06:37 AM
only have a few minutes cuz i kept punchin the snooze button this morning,,, hahaha weighed in was almost afriad to look ,,, but I was at 236 :cheer: Amazing cuz I have done no exercise since starting training for this new job.. but i guess having to walk 3 blaocks from the parking lot helps somewhat,, and I have been controling my eating... well the weekends havent been great but during the week I am OP down to the morsel,,

Val hope u are feeling better.. that URI seems to hang on forever.

Petra: are u recooperated from your housefull of guests?

Dee: keep at it girl... u are doing great!!!

Ok gotta scoot... Have a great day!

iwmonn
03-07-2007, 02:37 PM
hey Pic's.... where are we all?!?!?!?!

Curly, thanks soooo much for the support this week. You are a wonderful True Blue PIC.

WEll... I should have known better than to say anything. Yesterday, scale said back up plus one :(. I feel like I'm not just letting myself down, but everyone else too. I won't go into why the gain.... heh, i think we all know ;).
So, it's off to a new start.
Lee's Ex passed away last week. She was only a couple years older than I am. She was way obese, and apparantly had severly uncontrolled diabetes. She was alone. NObody knew for several days. That's always been a huge fear of mine. But it's really got me to thinking. I hate the way I look, the way I feel, the way my clothes fit..... I'll keep on keepin' on for sure...

jumble thoughts today..... but my thoughts none the less.

I hope you are all doing well..... Val & Petra!?!?! Come backkkkkkkkk .

curlylocks
03-07-2007, 08:17 PM
. I should have known better than to say anything. Yesterday, scale said back up plus one :(. I feel like I'm not just letting myself down, but everyone else too. .

Hey if ya didnt have a bad week ,.... the good ones wouldnt feel so good!!!

you are not letting yourself down unless ya give up... take stock in the bad days and just try to improve them... learn from the not so good days and see what triggered them... this journey is not a race to the finnish line... its all about changing the way that u get there!

wow .. that was deep... did i really say that?

oh & if the scale wont move may i suggest 3 pieces of sugar free candy and a hot cup of tea??? Yeah thats more like something i would say .... hahahaha

iwmonn
03-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Woah Curly... that really was deep! lol

I Love it!

I'm not about to quit. But it's frustrating as you are well aware.

I have my 3 pieces of sugarless butterscotch candies and a big glass of ice water cuz I don't like tea ;) and I'm gonna go get my head back on my shoulders where it belongs and start anew- now... welllll as soon as i stop giggling at your post.

btw gf.... sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up! Your training will be over soon and you will be able to get into a nice routine. :hug:

curlylocks
03-08-2007, 06:41 AM
Yeah Ive decided to stop beating myself up about not making it to my exercise classes for now.. I just told myself once this training is done and I can get back to my regular schedule, I will get back into the swing of things..

down to the wire now... just have next mon-wed and I will be done!!! :cheer: then I have to go to a learning conference with my boss on the 22 & 23 rd of march...

oh did i mention my new boss is male, single and 45? ehhhh i dont think work and romance would work to well together...

Val are ya frozen stiff out there in the windy city?

and Petra I thnik u are out enjoying the sunshine!

iwmonn
03-09-2007, 10:29 PM
:devil: heh heh ... 45 & single.....

:angel: nonono... work and whoohoo don't mix...

LMAO.. is this a 2 day overnight trip, or a local seminar? Be good curly! ;)

curlylocks
03-10-2007, 10:16 PM
ehhh not my type tooo skinny... i go for chunky guys, the conference is @ 3 hrs away and its 2 days but we are not staying over we are driving each day and coming back home, my boss said that way the budget would allow more people to attend from our office... now the guy from the satilite office is chunky and cute... but i think he is married... darn!

iwmonn
03-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Hey PIC's!

How is everyone??? Where is everyone??? hehehe... We've been having phone line issues for almost a week now... grrrrrrrrrr. Just one more reason to check into sattelite internet connetction.

I don't do the skinny guys either Curly lol.... I have a pic of Lee 20 or so years ago... 6'2" balding majorly skinny beanpole- I wouldn't have given him a 2nd look. I know, I'm soooo shallow. We just celebrated FIVE years of living together! I can't believe it sometimes :). It doesn't seem like that long at all. My life has made so many weird twists and turns. Sometimes it's just overwhelming going back and remembering where we've been.

Val!?!? How are you feeling? I miss hearing from you Sister.
You too Petra! :Grouphug: Hurry back.......

everyone be good, have a great week!

Valerie Joy
03-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi Ladies!

Sorry for not checking in sooner. I am over the stomach virus. Now everyone at work has some other lung funk. Hoping I don't catch that too.

No weight lost here but non gained. I'm still plugging along.

curlylocks
03-13-2007, 05:51 AM
hey Val.,,,,glad to hear u are feeling better! no gain, that is a major accomplishment ! way to go:cheer:

2 days to go in my training! i am so ready to be done with this!

looking2lose
03-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Okay...got off my lazy backside...joined Weight Watchers and have been committed for 1 whole month...lost 13 pounds! Anywho, getting back in the swing of things and figuring out what I am missing and it is my good friends at PIC. Looks like you all have been doing great, Christmas struggles and all.

I have recommitted myself because I don't want diabetes and I am riding the line pretty close right now. Yikes!

I will catch up with ya'll soon and I wanted to say HELLO :hug:

Take care all, its been a long time, but its good to be 'home.'
~L2L

iwmonn
03-16-2007, 10:45 PM
:wave: Hey L2L, Welcome Back! Congrats on the newfound commitment and 13 WOHOOOOOOOO lbs. Hope to be hearing from you more.

Curly~ Well, you must be done wuth the horrible commute/training now. Yayyyyyy! :carrot::carrot:!

Val~ Glad to hear you're feeling better. Now if you could just hold your breath for a couple months.... hehehehe :hug:

:grouphug: Ciao Ladies..... PIC's ForEVER!!!

Dee~

curlylocks
03-17-2007, 01:00 AM
HI GUYS!

yes thank goodness the commute is done... however now I have to get to work! hahaha! I have a conference next thursday & friday that is a few hours away but my boss will be driving..

One thing I just realized that I love about my new job is that i get to go up & down 2 flights of stairs many times a day....

Sooooooo now that all the training is over.. its time to get back to exercising, me and chai got a few miles in last week cuz the weather cooperated ... but now its back to the 30's and 40's again but that cant last for long! I also have an hour long lunch now and the drive way around my work is exactly 1 mile around!!! And I am gonna sign back up for :yoga: I missed most of the last sesson! ya think they could give me a lil bit of a refund... HA its county run and they dont give nuffin back!

lets see.. what have i got planned for the weekend... somehow i got the big idea that I wanna re-paint my livingroom... "nomadic plains" which is a fancy way of saying light beige hahahaha

ok I will check back in tomorrow...

L2L Great to see u back!!! 13 lbs... :cheer: awesome!!!!!keep on posting!:hug:

no weight loss this week... but no gain so I am not gonna complain!

Valerie Joy
03-17-2007, 06:51 PM
L2L good to see you :cheer:

Dee and Curly I hope you're having a good st. patricks day!

I just went for a long walk outside. It's about 32 out but sunny!

Valerie Joy
03-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Hi everyone,

I had a good day today with 1469 calories. I didn't get to exercise. I was to tired after work I just took a nap.

Hope you all are well!

iwmonn
03-19-2007, 11:45 PM
val~ it's great to see you back. Hope you're feeling so much better :hug:

soooooooo.... not a long rant, but a little whining. I'm doomed to fail til I get this figured out. I KNOW what I need to do. I KNOW I don't feel good, I KNOW I don't look good... I KNOW I am now officially at my highest weight ever. WHat I don't know is how to stop eating. How to eat the right things. I'm totally addicted. I really really think it's got to be worse than an alcohol or drug addiction. ****, kicking cigaretts and (yes pot too) was totally a breeze compared to this! I know all the while I'm stuffing something in my face that I'm only hurting myself, but it's like I really don't GAF about the consequenses... maybe I do need some professional counseling?!?!?!

On the positive side..... I will NEVER stop trying :) Thanks to you PIC's for your support and encouragement!

Dee!

curlylocks
03-20-2007, 07:47 PM
never made it to workout today, my legs were sooooo tired I bet I went up and down those 2 flights of stairs 20 times today and thats no kidding I counted them up and it was over 20 times!!!!!!!!! hmm why isnt my weight moving down any???? lol

Valerie Joy
03-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Dee I think it is an addiction and hard to change because you need food to live so there is no going cold turkey. Just keep up trying to eat healthy foods and exercise!

Curly you did get your exercise today going up and down those stairs!!

I had another good day. I ate healthy and did a tao bo video.

looking2lose
03-22-2007, 09:55 AM
Today is weigh-in day...3:30 to be exact at WW, so we will see how I did. Thank goodness I don't like chocolate anymore (bizarre...even during PMS and TOM). I crave sweetarts and jelly beans, and licorice which I never used to like.

But even more than that....I crave broccoli and green beans steamed with garlic! I am not sure what is up with my garlic addiction...but I cannot throw enough fresh garlic in everything I eat.

I am at at 14.2 for a loss...if I can just lose the 0.8 pounds...I will be 1 happy woman:carrot:

Any ideas for stuffing all those fruits and veggies in...5 servings is a lot and I just don't know what to do with them all. Need fun ideas that are not quite so boring.

Also, where to start exercising. I got Achilles tendinitis last year, and have been not really mobile...had a cast, had a CAM walker, was on crutches, then to a cane...now done with physical therapy, the gal told me to go forth and prosper, but I dont know where to start...where do you all start with your exercise program?

Thanks all for your support and any ideas...I gotta shake it up because I've lost inches, but my spare tire in the middle is just kinda hanging in there, so Ive gotta do something.

Have a good day all!! TTYS
:hug: L2L

looking2lose
03-22-2007, 07:17 PM
There is no greater feeling than being a loser. What a rush. Stepped on that scale at the WW and was down 3.2!!! I told the gal I didn't know if I was going to faint or cry...and then I cried. I am really changing me. I am really going to find that healthy inner goddess I know is in there somewhere.
:trampo:

Valerie Joy
03-23-2007, 04:00 PM
congrats L2L!!!! :cheer:

I gained a pound last week. My weight is slowly creeping upward! Maybe I should try weight watchers.

iwmonn
03-24-2007, 10:52 PM
L2L~ Good Job!! You are doing wonderfully! Isn't it so exciting?!?! It's geat to hear from you again. Keep on losin' Lady!!!!!!!!!! Val~ I know what you're going thru right now. I'm hoping some of L2L's good vibes rush thru the modem and into my fingers lol... I'm keeping things in perspective and not giving up!!! Right now my laptop is really messed up. I can't get it to boot up even. I guess I'll HAVE to deal with Dell on my days off. I'm not looking forward to that at all! Anyone speak Indian-Techie??? It's so hard to deal with the language barrier since they started the outsourcing... *sigh*... oh well, Lee let me use his ancient puter... lol... it's sooooo weird with this huge monitor and keyboard. I'll be checking in again when I can. Curly~ Hey Woman!!! How's the new job? Keeping you busy? How'r your legs feeling with all those stairs now?? :grouphug: CIao Ladies...

curlylocks
03-25-2007, 06:16 AM
hi ladies!
I am here... nuffin much to report... errr gearing up for the new week and my return to working out! hmm didnt i say that last week?

workin on putting down laminate floors this weekend.. :cheer: L2L u go girlie!
hopefully I can report a loss next week!!!

stay at it val & Dee!!! we will catch up soon!

curlylocks
03-26-2007, 08:03 PM
I am up 2 lbs myself! :cheer: but I did go workout today!!!!!

Valerie Joy
03-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Good job on the workout Curly! I went to ballys and did cardio and weights. The weather was beautiful! Up around 80!

Keep up the good work ladies!

curlylocks
03-27-2007, 06:29 AM
ouch i am sore this morning too!

curlylocks
03-28-2007, 09:15 PM
:cheer: 2 days so far this week i have made it to work out! and 1 of the 2 lbs is gone wooo hoooo

Valerie Joy
03-30-2007, 02:16 AM
I got my work out in today. Though I had 2800 calories :?:

Yesterday I only has 1300 calories. It all seems to average out to not loosing any weight. At this rate I'm happy if I'm not gaining!

Hope everyone is well! :hug:

curlylocks
03-31-2007, 08:58 AM
I hear ya Val! I am doing a great job at balancing enuff to maintain... just cant seem to get it all together... tho I would love to be in onderland by july...

what does everyone have planned for the weekend? (looks around) I think some house cleaning is in order here... however, i am sure I could talk myself into doing something else... hahaha

I did run to GNC during the week and picked up more whey protein powder, maybe its a good weekend to "de-carb" myself..

have a great weekend!!!!! :hug:

curlylocks
04-01-2007, 08:29 AM
well here is what I have been up to this weekend... this stuff is pretty cool, its peel & stick vinyl planks .. I decided that I didnt want carpet again, and this stuff is only 1$ a square foot ... looks like real wood too! Now the only problem is I wanna do all my rooms hahahaha

Valerie Joy
04-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Curly that looks really good. You did that all by yourself?

It was nice here today. I still need to get out and exercise!

Hope everyone is doing well!

curlylocks
04-03-2007, 06:17 AM
yep... wasnt hard its easy to do.... yeah i dont know why i have become so lazy. sitting in the house after work when its so nice outside... need to get my rear in gear!

curlylocks
04-03-2007, 08:09 PM
i just entered my weight loss into Weight by date, ( a cool weight loss software) and it says according to the progress that i have made since Feb. that i will reach my goal...

weight on december 25th .... 2014 !!!! I thought that was just hilarious! ehhhh you think i better start stepping it up a bit?

OMG 7 years... hahahahaha Well I did better today and I am actually back down to 236...( i guess that is due to my new dill pickle addiction... did ya know they make jalapeno dill pickles?) so now I just need to keep moving down and stop picking those pounds back up

I did go and work out this evening... so once again I am here saying its time to get re-decicated to getting this weight off..

where is everyone? Dee?, L2L?, Petra?

Val whats up there? and where is our long lost Angel?

iwmonn
04-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Whew!!!! Hey PIC's,

WEll, I finally got my laptop back. After a very successful dealing with Dell, I had a new hard drive in a matter of 1 1/2 days. Found out that to mirror my harddrive (at Geeksquad) would cost over $200. So I just had the new one installed by a local shop..... and have been spending hours downloading programs again.. yukkkkk. ANYWAYSSSSSSS here I am. :)

Curly~ Your floor is really nice. From your pic, it looks really real! I have an excel thingy (I got from someone in a forum here a while back)... it can tell you how long you'll take to lose X lbs, based on your current trends LMAO... it really is funny.

Val~ You're sounding a bit chipper!! :hug: Keep up the great work Lady!!!!!

:grouphug: See you all soon! Gotta get more programs.. grrrrrrrrr dial-up sux lol.

Valerie Joy
04-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Hi Dee and Curly!

I am up early here and it is sunny though cold. It's only 25 out!

I'm having oatmeal with cinnamon for breakfast. I forgot how yummy it is! I should try to have oatmeal everyday!

iwmonn
04-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Heheheh val... I'm up early too. Well, not really toooo early. But my puter was up cuz I went to bed with it on doing a 4 hour download lmao.... Glad you're getting some sun!! It really helps, huh. One of the girls I work with is moving to Chicago in a few weeks. LOL She's worried about the winters. I don't blame her!!!! Have a wonderful day ladies!!!!!!!!! Ciao.........

curlylocks
04-09-2007, 06:31 AM
after it was 80 degrees tuesday... we woke up saturday to 3" of snow!!!! crazy weather..... I guess the Easter bunny was a "snowshoe rabbit" this year!

did everyone have a nice holiday? i spent a nice quiet day at my parents house, instead of all the usual easter dinner .. we decided that we wanted stuffed cabbage rolls!! they were yummy!

i worked on finishing up painting my livingroom and took chai out for a bit and worked him over with the shedding blade... looked like i had sheared sheep!!!

but back to work today.. gotta get my workout bag packed up so i can get my workout in tonite... think i am gonna have to skip the yoga class cuz its just not inthe budget right now, plus i really dont wanna sit around for an hour after work waiting for it to start... lol no patience

Valerie Joy
04-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Chicago winters are not for the weak!

Curly it got cold here too. All my daffodils died :(

I went to bakers square for easter dinner. Very low key here. I wonder why they don' t have their calories online.

Valerie Joy
04-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Hi everyone!

I had a good day today and stayed around 1200 calories! I did my tae bo dvd.

Hope everyone is well!

iwmonn
04-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Well, here I am.... all loaded and ready to go. heheheh.. my computer that is.... just checkin in and seeing that you two are doing awesome!!! (((((Val & Curly)))))) Keep on hangin in there girlies!!! I'm not doing so hot but I'm not gonna complain about it. I'm maintaining so I guess that's better than not. Except can anyone explain why I tend to LOSE a couple lbs pre-TOM and put it right back on immediately during and after? THis sounds backwards lmao... but then again that's me! hehehehe.... Jack (my youngest and newest cat) is staring at me. I guess it's time for treats so I'll catch you guys later!!! *hugssssss* ~D

curlylocks
04-12-2007, 09:29 PM
hi guys!

well my yoga class got cancelled ( not enuff people in the class) so they gave me a credit to take any rec & parks class i want... so guess i will use the $ up on the aqua aerobics classes :yikes: do i really have to do them in a swimsuit??????

anyways i lost 2 lbs this week.. i am sure they will find before the week is over...

and my hymalayan outside cat is looking mysteriously skinny.... which means somewhere she has a passel of babies!!!! double :yikes:

and the gray & white kitten/cat is looking mysteriously fat.... TRIPLE :yikes:

how is everyone doing?? ehhhh anyone want a kitten?

Valerie Joy
04-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi Curly and Dee

I lost a pound this week! Feels good to move the ticker down!

That stinks about your yoga class curly :( And no I don't need a cat :)

Foster season is starting soon here. I can't wait!

iwmonn
04-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Triple :yikes: Curly!!!!! Get those girls fixed! Does your humane society there have live traps you could use? You are so lucky to have access to water aerobics. I love it, but no pool around here :( . Oh well :shrug:

Val~ I still don't think I could ever to the foster thing.... I fall in love to easily lol. I'm up to 5 cats now... and the other night a stranger little gray/white tabby came in thru the cat door, looked at me & Lee and meowed. Then he left hehehehe.... if he wants to live here too, then he can :dizzy:

Congrats to both of you on a great week and wonderful losses!!!!!!!!

:grouphug: D~

Valerie Joy
04-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Hi Girls!

Where has everyone been hiding?

I've been trying really hard this week. I hope to see a loss tomorrow!

curlylocks
04-20-2007, 06:21 AM
WAY TO GO VAL!!! Nuffin much new here to report! just the usual.. carry my gym clothes to work and end up not going to the gym... :) Hopefully I can get some walking in this weekend they are calling for 70's!!!!!! maybe a good long hike! i better get some practice in cuz it wont be long before it is "relay for life time"!

Dee what have u been up to?

iwmonn
04-21-2007, 11:38 PM
Hey Now Val & Curly!!!

It's been weird here. 70's + one day, and pouring down rain today....

so, our neighbors have decided their animals should be free range and their animals have decided they really like ranging on our property instead lol... Now we have 2 freakin' peacocks and a rooster thinking they live here!!!!! They really are cool to watch but it's been pouring for 12 hours now and these guys wont go home or anywhere but the porch where there is no way out of the rain. :shrug:
*update* Well, the rooster went home for the night, and now the peacocks are on the roof (where they have roosted for the last 2 nights). They are just soaked.

I have to share this pic I took 2 nights ago.... it speaks for itself hehehe... I think KC thinks he's one of them too.

the other pic is just clyde & Jack cuz it's cute ;)

anyways, :hug: to you ladies. Hope i'll be talking to you again soon. Keep it up GF's!!!!

Dee~

curlylocks
04-23-2007, 08:57 PM
hi guys!

had a good day today and stopped by the gym to work out and did extra!! and then came home and took chai for a walk.

HAHAHA yes I am all too familiar with peacocks... 2 turn into 100, the maritime school next door to me had them and they were a PITA! watch out cuz they will really scratch your car up if they strat to be inclined to sit on it... Not memtion the god awlful sounds they make hehehe

its 9 pm and 74 degrees here is that crazy or what?

How did everyones monday go?

Valerie Joy
04-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Cute pictures Curly!!

I had a long day and didn't get any exercise in.

I just saw some new baby bunnies in my yard. They are so cute!

We have a orange tabby around the house. I think I'm going to put out a trap and see if he's wild and if he's fixed.

curlylocks
04-24-2007, 08:38 PM
the more hot flashes... the shorter the hair gets!!!

iwmonn
04-25-2007, 12:15 PM
I think your shorter hair looks awesome Curly!!! You look younger. How is the new job going? Hmmmm I have several bottles of black cohosh going out of date at the store... but I'm not sure of the quality after the date. Have you ever tried that for the hotflashes? One of the Naturopath/MD I used to work for recommended it quite often.

Val~ How'd you do with the tabby?

The neighbors finally penned up the birds until they get a fence built around their property. I kinda miss the buggers, but it is SOOOOO nice in the morning again when Stew (the rooster) crows he's not right near our house so we can sleep!! YAYYYYYYY.

Lee and I went to Pt Reyes Lighthouse yesterday and did a little walking. Big hills and lots of wind!! I'm a bit sore today hips and glutes lol... but it's a start. Today I'm going to find somewhere else to walk.

Have a wonderful day today ladies!!!! Hugssssssssssssss

Dee~

curlylocks
04-25-2007, 08:42 PM
went to work out tonight.. still havent checked out the aqua aerobics class yet tho.. and me and chai went for a walk ....

curlylocks
05-03-2007, 07:21 AM
ollie ollie oxen free!!!wheres all my partners in crimeI feel so alone!!!:smug:

whats up guys?? yeah I am just as guilty here! :lol: this dag on pollen is whipping my butt! spendin my days in a benadryl haze... hey that sounds like a good country song.. well i havent done much to further my cause... and I wanted to be down to 220 at least by july 4th so i am thinking i better get on the wagon and straighten up here! I checked this morning and I havent gained ... however I have not lost either and I am in the same spot that I have been in for quite a few months... which thats not a totally bad thing... i could be up 20 or more pounds........... so lets all get back in the swing of things and start getting rid of some pounds for the summer!

the weather is getting nice and we need to get out there and start racking up the walking miles.... so...

Lets have a spring time
WALKING CHALLENGE~*LETS KICK IT OFF this saturday and reportback in every few days get those pedometers out... hook em on your belt and lets see how many miles we can get! :lol:

LADIES............START.........YOUR.........PEDOM ETERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREEN FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angel-eyes
05-03-2007, 06:24 PM
ollie ollie oxen free!!!.....I'm here!! albeit lurking....**smirk**:p
Nothin's up with me either except the SCALE!!! I don't know what the heck is going on with me lately.....actually I do....dh has been away ALOT... and I'm bored and frustrated with work/being alone that I've taken to night time snacking. My clothes are snug and I've moved up a size. HATE IT!!! I' ve got my period right now and verrrry moody, so not good. I can't believe its May, and my allergies are also off the charts. Hope everyone is well and staying out of trouble.....sorry to be MIA. :?:

curlylocks
05-03-2007, 09:47 PM
HI there angel!!!!! guilty here also!!!! I keep trying to psyche myself up and by 5 pm all the psyche has run out..........

LMAO-the only thing changing on my ticker is the name of the challenge :lol:

:yikes: tomorrow I have to lead the child support orientation in front of like 50 people:yikes: X 1,000

angel-eyes
05-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Morning!!! :coffee:
Curly......How are you finding the new job? (sorry but its been awhile)..... Hows chai? and your various other feline encoutraments? I really like your new shorter hair. yup....the hotter my neck gets, the shorter my hair gets also!! :lol:

Okay.,....so far so good today; just one bowl of cereal and 1C at that. next?

angel-eyes
05-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Well heres to Day #1 OP !!!! and the crowd goes wild :D I meant to go after work to get Jillians new book, but was running late from clocking out late and had to meet ds's bus. I have some free time tommorow before work, so I'll pick it up there. YEAH for me and no mindless eating!!!

A big hello to Val, Iwmon and Petra!!! :wave:

iwmonn
05-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Ollie ollie here I am too!

((((angel))))) Nice to hear from you again.
(((((curley & valwhereveryouaretoo))))))

WEll, things are about status quo here too.... not gaining anymore but still not losing any of the 20 I did put back on. (I'm adjusting my ticker :eek:) I can't wear any of my pants without the ol' rubberband. Thank goodness I have to wear an apron at work lol... I've been stressing about the sale of the store. Rumor has it it's now in escrow, and my old boss (who does like me and has tried to lure me back to his store for 4 years) is the buyer. Rumor also says that I'll still have a job, but not necessarily true for everyone else that I work with. I dunno girls but it's just stressed me out.

Anyways, I don't have a pedometer Curly, but I'm gonna try to do some walking... maybe I can report time walked? And good luck with the speaking thing!!! You'll do great!!!!

I'll check back in again soon! :grouphug: Dee~

Valerie Joy
05-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Hi everyone!

I've been doing ok. the pollen is kicking my *** too.

I caught the tabby. I tried to bring him into the vet today but he tried to bite me when I was trying to get him from the crate into the carrier. He ended up getting loose but we were able to get him back into the crate. We're going to try again tomorrow to get him into the carrier for a trip to the vet.

At this point I think all I can do is get him fixed and release him. He's totally wild. I wish I could help him more. I will leave food out for him after he's healed up and released back into the neighbhorhood.

curlylocks
05-05-2007, 07:23 AM
woooo hoo its the weekend! altho i have to say I am really enjoying my new job! Yeah the speaking thing/orientation went ok.. one of the supervisors from another dept said I did a great job better than some of the ones who have been there for a while... {head swelling here} cuz I gave out handouts... guess they diddnt realize my plan of attack was that if u are handing things out you dont have to talk as much hahahahahahahaha

then at lunch time my friend suprized me and popped by work and took me to lunch

gotta run a few errands today.. pick up some more protein powder at GNC, cuz there is no way ... i can eat anymore boiled eggs for breakfast... UGH think i maxed out on the boiled egg thing... now just the smell of them makes me feel ill! so i usually just mix up the protein powder and drink it on the way to work .. and lots of times I just mix another for lunch...

think thats probably the only thing that has saved me from gaining a zillion pounds... while i have been going thru my lazy phase hahaha

yeah Dee time walking will work or pm me your mailing address think i have a zillion pedometers around here ... ummmmm someplace.. lol i will send ya one

you would be amazed just how much u walk during your normal day..

Val are u hitting the benedryl too? the pollen (crossing fingers) seems to have calmed down a bit here... but soon it will just change to the grass pollen instead of the trees!!!

my neighbor is ticked cuz my lil outside peach tabby... is after her birds.. she has 15 bird feeders in her yard!!!! I told her she shouldnt put out a buffet for him! she didnt find the humor in it tho....

ok lets see today I have to go put my time in at our "relay for life yard sale" not taking any money with me cuz I dont wanna end up doing more buying than selling lol... so far our team has raised over $12,000 and we are..... drum roll please #1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am looking forward to the relay on June 9th this year our theme is hawaii!!!

Have a great day !!!! hugs to all

curlylocks
05-05-2007, 02:49 PM
hey guess what? we raised $1600.00at our yard sale today!!!

Valerie Joy
05-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Wow that a lot of money curly!!!

curlylocks
05-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Well this is some sucky news the lady who runs my Ladies Workout express has 2 of them and has decided that on June 2nd she is closing down the one near me!

a few months ago the curves closed down... so I guess I will have to go back to Jazzercise or find some new exercise! at least my contract runs out in July so I wont get stuck paying for too long before my contract is over.. with gas the way it is I really dont wanna drive to the other Ladies Workout express that she has... tho there has been some talk about someone buying her out and keeping the one near me open??

Valerie Joy
05-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Aww that stinks Curly! I still miss curves but they were just too expensive.

curlylocks
05-13-2007, 08:54 AM
Hi girls!

Well I checked out a gym that is around the corner from my work, maybe thats what I need a "real gym" to get my backside back in gear! looks interesting they offer kick boxing, yoga, pilates, and spinning ! right now that all sounds very tiring (lol)

dont remember if i told u guys but my bf bought me 2 baby chicks at the farmers market.. which my dad is not too happy to have living in his yard... but i made a deal with a guy down the street who has a lil farm to pass them on to him when they are "chickens" he has all hens so the girls there will be happy when they move in!

Hope everyone is doing well... have a happy mothers day!

Valerie Joy
05-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Hi Curly,

You should check out the new gym. Maybe you'll like it!

The chicks sound cute.

I released the feral cat today after getting him fixed and his shots. I hope I see him again. I'll be leaving food out for him.

I have two new foster kittens that have colds. Their names are Latte & Earl Grey. Earl Grey is very sick. I had him in the bathroom with steam. They are on antibiotics so hopefully they'll get better soon!

curlylocks
05-14-2007, 08:28 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW they are 2 precious!

iwmonn
05-15-2007, 06:37 PM
hi PIC's!

Val, those lil babies are precious! I'll say it again lol - I don't know how you can let them go. If I tried fostering, I know I'd have like 30 cats lmao. *a big pat on the back for you*!!

Curly~ I sure hope those lil chicks aren't roosters!! or maybe they are? All I know is the neighbors rooster is a noisy lil bird. They call him Turkey, we call l him STEW! *grumble* especially at 5 frickin 15 in the morning ;)
GJ on the sale! You really are a giving soul! You seem to be constantly raising money and/or awareness for so many good causes! *Pat on the back for you too*

so.... my weight keeps going up up up.... but this week it went back down a little bit... I think I'm just stressing so much about not knowing what's happening with my job. I keep telling myself not to stress cuz whatever happens happens. There is nothing I can do about it till the store sells and new owners come in. :shrug: Yesterday I was down 4 from the last time I weighed. up down all around blah blah blah blah.......
****I may be inna slump, but I'm nevah gonna give up!!!!!****

hugs and loves to you all!!!! (Petra?!?! Angel!?!?!) and how about any and all LURKING Pics!?!?! Come out come out wherever you are! heheh don't I sound like Glenda, the Good Witch? OK OK OK Peace-out ladies... :grouphug:

Valerie Joy
05-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Hi ((((Dee)))

I understand about stress causing you to eat more. I'm sure I would want to do the same thing in your situation. Try not to worry to much!

My kittens are still sick. Poor little babies. It's so sad to see them wheezing and sneezing. :(

curlylocks
05-16-2007, 07:00 PM
I went thru that with all 3 of my outside kitties.... lasted for @ 2 weeks..

hey I am making progress today I walked into the gym to find out how much it costs!!! :lol:

haha i have to help raise the $ cuz I dont have any to give them !!! plus its fun ! not much to do around these parts unless u are a drinker.. i bet we have more bars per square mile than anywhere on the planet .. and I gave up my membership in the hangover club @ 13 yrs ago! as u can imagine that was one **** of a hangover.. cuz i said if i live thru today... I WILL NEVER DRINK AGAIN!!! and i havent! :lol:

well on the bright side.... you are not up up like 30 lbs so we can consider this hiatus ummmm learning to maintain!!! yeah that sounded good ... says the girl who keeps gaining and losing the same 4 lbs

p.s. they are both roosters!!!!

angel-eyes
05-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Hi girls!!! Finally I have a moment where I can get on the computer!!! Having boys old enough to want computer game time is cramping my style. I have been OP but under major MAJOR stress at work. My review is due and and since sales in general (store wide) are down....looks like pay cuts are inevitable. Not sure though, but I'm worried.....rumor has it being activated soon. On a high note.....my boys competed in a karate tournament on Saturday and although a lengthy wait all day.....finished with medals!!! WHO KNEW?? Dh comes home tonight after a 4 day road trip....so that will be good **wink wink**:o

curly.....I must have missed something...YOUR boyfriend?...DETAILS PLEASE!

iwmonn.....I agree with curly....the yo yo game is a killer, hang in there :hug: and I share your stress but like you said, its out of your hands.

val......those kittens are cute. Hope they get better!

curlylocks
05-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Iv'e got babies! 6 of them! 2 calicos, 2 gray & white, 1 gray tabby, & 1 peach....they all have long silky hair like persians!!!

and 4 have potential homes already!!! :cheer: I didnt even know they were there till yesterday... they look to be 4-5 weeks old.. and soooooooo cute!

one thing for sure... the mommas are headed to the spay clinic!

Valerie Joy
05-21-2007, 02:28 AM
Hi Angel! Glad you could check in!

Curly the kittens sounds adorable. I'm already dreading the day my kittens go to their new homes.

Can you take a picture. I'd love to see the babies!

curlylocks
05-21-2007, 07:20 AM
now i am not sure how many i have.. it appears that all 3 outside cats had a litter.............. :yikes:

i have seen for sure 2 calicos, 2 gray & white, 1 gray tabby, 2 peach, 1 white one with just a gray tail and and a black circle on its head,

Ive got to get them from under the house and get them socialized, I had 3 out yesterday but 2 of the ones i had out are too small to eat on their own.. guess I am gonna have to make some type of play/holding pen for them outside maybe i can take chai's crate outside for them

didnt accomplish much this weekend... got my bedroom painted... soon every room in my house will be light beige... lol i can just change the accessories when i get the idea to change colors in the room.

i set my alarm for 5 am to get up and walk... and need I say... I just kept hitting the snooze button till 630 lol

have a great day!

deerod
05-21-2007, 11:31 AM
hey guys.. wow.. its great to see PIC still in action.. incase ya'll dont remember me I started PIC a long long time ago.. just wanted to say hello and see how ya'll were doing.. I'm trying to get back on plan so you just might be seeing more of me...

-Dee

Valerie Joy
05-22-2007, 12:37 AM
Hi Deerod! Good to see you around!

I had a good day. I got out to bally's to do some cardio and weights.

The weather is lovely outside!

curlylocks
05-22-2007, 07:09 AM
morning all!

drank my protein shake this morning and have 2 boiled eggs in my purse for lunch... and i managed to get up at 5 am.. haha but didnt go for my walk.. just gotta get back on schedule! been having trouble sleeping with these hot flashes and sweats during the night... so for right now i am gonna try getting myslef back on a sleep schedule.. and hopefully i will have a lil more energy..

yesterday at 2:30 in the afternoon i found myself dozing off at work

i keep wondering where is that girl who used to get up at 5 am and walk 3 miles???? after looking at the scale this morning I think i better find her!!!

:yikes: 240 :yikes:

Ive adjusted my ticker... and there is no way I am changing it again in any other direction but DOWN!

I wanna see some progress in the right direction... so I am officially starting my july 4th challenge ! TODAY! hahaha

curlylocks
05-22-2007, 09:04 PM
:cheer: cheers for me!well if the truth be told... i guess it wasnt so much inspiration as desperation... this morning I went online and and thought that I had messed my checkbook up... so I didnt want to spend any money for lunch.. and I had my boiled egg in my purse and an hour to kill at lunchtime... so i had my sneaks in the car with me... and decided to walk at lunch!!!! :cheer: 2 miles!!! so then when I got home of course chai was wanting a walk.. so another 2 miles walkedso.... then I jump back online and see that there wasnt a problem with my checkbook after all ... my car payment had already come outta my account... so here I was thinking i needed to deduct that chunk of money and it was already out... DOH!

haha who knows maybe it was divine intervention... saying walk Lisa... eat the egg .. and save money!!!

anyways I was talking to another girl at work who is trying to lose weight also .. so now I have a lunchtime walking partner!

:cheer: I know I have said this a bunch of times ... but I really feel like now I am ready to get back to business.. think Ive ate everything I needed to eat hahahahaha! well the scale is proof of that but i think 7 lbs over the course of a year is not bad at all.. I mean its not great but its not 50 lbs so Now i feel confident that I can keep the majority of the weight off for good!

ok stepping down off the soap box now... have a great evening!

curlylocks
05-24-2007, 09:13 PM
so much for my lunchtime walking partner... :lol: but in good news Ive walked at lunch everyday day so far this week!!!

Valerie Joy
05-24-2007, 11:51 PM
Good job on the walking curly! It's really great exercise if you keep at it!

curlylocks
05-25-2007, 11:13 PM
HAPPYMEMORIALDAY WEEKEND!!!

hope everyone enjoys the weekend!!!

iwmonn
05-29-2007, 09:53 PM
ahhhhh..... dr today..... A1c up to 8.5, bad cholestorol up, good cholestorol down, weight up, mood down.... do I want antidepressants??? ****, I can't even afford the meds I already take...... full moon, tom around the corner, hormones, plain ol' bad mood...... cuz I know what I gotta do!!!

How's all the kitties Curly??? Ain't nuttin cuter than a lil kitten :)

***mood brightens at that thought*** ;)

And Val :hug: How's it going?

I miss you guys, but just having trouble getting on line every night. We are seriously considering trying sattelite YAYYYYYYYY... but have to save up for the initial install and parts....

Loves to you all... Dee

curlylocks
05-31-2007, 09:32 PM
you are braver than me...... I wont even go back to the dr till i am back down to the weight i was at the last time that i went... :lol: dont wanna hear the sermon that he will give me!

carla49
06-01-2007, 12:25 AM
Hey Curly, get that voluptuous butt to the doc! Time to put up with the lecture and get back on track. You know you can do it! At least that's what I keep telling myself :rofl:. Twas nice to see you pop up on the other thread - a lot of the worldly chicks knew you from Red's thread and were pleased to hear from you.

I lurk occasionally, just to catch up on your news. Love to hear the cat stories, very pleased to hear about the new job. Like you I ate a little too much over the winter, and am now back to last summer's weight - still way too big, but holding again.

Take care, :wave:, hello to the other PIC's.

Valerie Joy
06-01-2007, 03:41 AM
Hi everyone!

I just got back from a week vacation. We went down to Peoria IL for a festival. I have to admit I was very bad. I just totally blow it on vacation. I still haven't lost the 10 pounds I gained over Christmas vacation.

I'm dreading weighing in tomorrow:eek:

Valerie Joy
06-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Well the verdict is in. I gained 6 pounds while out of town. Thats like a pound a day. I don't even know HOW I managed that.

I've gained back 24 pounds of the weight I lost. I'm so depressed.:cry:

curlylocks
06-04-2007, 07:23 AM
hi pic's & miss carla!

Well a busy weekend for me... running around getting supplies to build my chicken coop... $80.00 :yikes: buy some more flooring for my shack... :lol: one day I will get the entire floors done... and doctoring a sick kitten..

Ive got one lil kitten with conjuntivitis in it's eyes really bad i looked it up and it is a form of herpes. but also found out that strong tea seems to help, so every 2 hrs this weekend i was bathing the babies eyes.. the one problem that i have with this baby is that it is still feeding from the momma ... so i had it stationed in my bathroom but had to take it back out every few hours so momma could feed it... then sanitize my hands and change my clothes so that it is not passed on to my inside kitties

today I am gonna call the vet for some meds .. anyways in the middle of all that.. my nosey neighbor comes over and takes the kitten over to her house.. and then wonders why the kitten wont eat???? then when i get home proceeds to tell me she is gonna call the animal warden on me..

umm for what? they are feral kittens they have a soft warm blanket, under my house... they have shelter, fresh water, and food grrrrrrrrrrr all she did was keep the baby from getting nurishment..

sigh ok gotta scoot gotta get to work...

curlylocks
06-04-2007, 08:53 PM
well sadly even after doctoring the baby all weekend today he took a turn for the worse and the eye was protruding very much ( my heart hurts) the vet's opinion was that it was best to euthanize him.. I know in my head that it was the best decision... but still my heart hurts...:CRY:

Poor vet... she had me in there crying like a baby... and she says you did everything right.. you did your best for him.. and this decision was also the best for him... still :cry:

Valerie Joy
06-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Awww thats so sad Curly :( You did the best you could.

My kittens came home with what I think was the herpes virus. Did you know like 97% of cats have it? They get symptoms when they are weak like when they are babies or elderly. Mine were not getting better with antibiotics but Lysine gel seems to help.

curlylocks
06-05-2007, 06:46 PM
the vet recommended that i put L-Lysine capsules in their food, i checked at walmart last night but couldnt find them ... will have to try the health food store or gnc

curlylocks
06-06-2007, 10:16 PM
on a happier note.... i dont know where all the beige/orange ones were when i took these but there are 4 of them.. one is so tiny and is the bravest of the bunch!

so i think there are 4 beige/orange white ones, 2 calicos, 2 gray & white and 1 tabby... :lol: there may be only one gray & white one i'm not sure at this point..

tonight i found a bunch of chicken breast in the freezer that had been there for longer than i could remember how long.. i took them all and boiled them... made a thick gravy and all the kitties feasted...!!!!

I just adore those calicos.... but the tiny orange kitty would just steal your heart ... he is sooooooooooo teeny tiny and is forever beating up on the bigger ones.. and the others arent too keen on humans and the teensy one has no fear of anything or anyone!!!

carla49
06-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Hi Curly. Just dropping in to say sorry to hear about the little one's sad fate. :( But the ones in the photos sure are pretty darned cute. Looking at them, all I could think was: "But what big ears you have, grandma!... Is the L-lysine for their eyes? My Lily has blocked (or missing) tear ducts which means constant mild inflammation, and nothing I've tried has helped anyone except for the vet specialist who is one payment closer to that new Porsche :lol:
Bye! :wave:

curlylocks
06-07-2007, 09:46 PM
haha must be the meezer in their background... you should give the L-lysine a try... cant hurt.. the vet said 500 mg 2x a day u can get it in pills or powder, I saw an article that says the dry eyes can be a result of the herpes virus, which causes what appears to be a cold or respiratory infection... but possibly and i never knew till val mentioned it in her post that 97% of all cats have the herpes virus... just tends to flare up when they are young or stressed..

so perhaps your babies blocked tear duct and inflamation is actually a less intense herpes flare up? but again the L-Lysine is is very safe and even beneficial to very healthy kitties so give it a shot,,,

curlylocks
06-08-2007, 09:45 PM
hey pic ladies....just checking in... I probably won't be back till monday am or evening... tomorrow is RELAY FOR LIFE..HAHA THIS TIME i AM GONNA REMEMBER TO WEAR MY PEDOMETER I am very curious to see how many miles you can rack up in 14 hours of walking!!! tho I am undecided about whether or not I am gonna stay all night... maybe just maybe I might leave at midnight and come home... sleep till 5 am and go back cuz the last time i stayed up all night It took me @ 2 weeks to recover and I have to be incourt at 8 am monday morning for work.. anyhooooo

have a great weekend and I will catch ya'll on monday!!!

iwmonn
06-09-2007, 10:36 PM
YOU GO CURLY!!!!!!!!:cheer::cheer2: :cheer::cheer2::cheer::cheer2::cheer::cheer2:

Valerie Joy
06-13-2007, 01:17 AM
Have a great time Curly! I hope you don't get too wore out!

The kitties are adorable!

curlylocks
06-14-2007, 08:05 PM
hi guys what are u all up to??? anything exciting?

Valerie Joy
06-17-2007, 02:20 AM
Nothing exciting here. I didn't loose or gain any weight this week.

I've been taking advantage of the nice weather and walking outside as much as possible. I've actually been doing this more often then going to the gym. It's summer and I just want to get out and enjoy it!

iwmonn
06-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Hey ladies,

so Curly, how many miles did you put on your feets at the walk? I found out they have it in a little town a couple hours from here. Maybe next year I can get a weekend off and try it. :)

Val, good for you for hitting the great outdoors. LOL I'm not sure I mentioned to you that a girl from my work decided to move to chicagoish area, (her sis is there)... she's been there about 3-4 weeks, and hates it. she is already talking about moving back. She says it's tooooo hot lol. I told her just wait til December & see if she still thinks so hehehehe.

Carla~ :wave: nice to meetchya

Anyone hear from Petra at all?????

curlylocks
06-18-2007, 06:51 AM
hi guys..

I did almost 16 miles! this weekend I spent working on my chicken coop. didnt do much of anything else.. it was so dag gone HOT!! they are calling for high 90's for the rest of the week.. Think I will try to make it to the gym today.. I dont seem to be making much progress in my weight loss goals.. so i will try to getin some more exercise. have a great day..

Valerie Joy
06-22-2007, 01:04 AM
Dee it's not that bad here. I try and enjoy the hot weather reminding myself it's better then cold!

Curly 16 miles is great. I think my feet would fall off! I get tired after 2 miles still!

Tomorrow is my weigh day. I did well all week but ate really poorly today. I always seem to blow it the day before weight day!

Valerie Joy
06-25-2007, 08:36 PM
I lost a pound last week!

It sounds strange but I've been doing better since I cut down my exercise. I snack much less when I don't do a heavy afternoon workout.

I've been walking every night instead and going once a week for weights.

curlylocks
06-25-2007, 09:28 PM
WAY TO GO GIRLIE!!!! :cheer:

Ive found homes for 3 babies so far... thats a good thing! the bad thing is that they were the only really tame ones of the bunch! maybe if i keep working with them.... all but one of the ones left really have no interest in playing thats how i got the others to tame down... got them interested in playing .. chasing a string etc. but never touching.. then eventually just putting my fingers around them then petting but not touching .. then finaly they got to where i could pick them up and love em... but like I said the rest of the bunch seems to have no interest what so ever in playing .... sigh

got any tips for me Val?????

this lil girl is beautiful .. but mean as a snake! I picked her up and she bit the crap outta me!

Valerie Joy
06-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Good job on getting 3 of the kittens homes.

Curly I don't know what you can do other then keep trying. Are you going to get them fixed if you can't find homes?

curlylocks
06-26-2007, 10:13 PM
well i see they brought one back... the tabby, I kinda had a feeling that the guy who wanted her... wasnt too devoted to pet ownership. but at least he just snuck her back... LMAO

val if i cannot place them within a month or so I am going to contact one of the rescue groups and see if they can take them and gray gray , shes reversed as far as wanting any human contact... at this point I am thinking that I can handle keeping Peachy ( from the 1st litter and a mom now) and the siamease and will have both of them spayed. lol that will give me a total of 5 cats!!! 5 chickens and 1 dog.. hey I am outta balance I better get 4 more dogs! NOT!

Valerie Joy
06-29-2007, 04:53 PM
I found a home for Earl Grey and Latte together! I'm so pleased I really wanted to keep these siblings together.

I am going to miss them though!

curlylocks
06-29-2007, 05:55 PM
I would be happy to send you 2 or 6 to take their place.... ya know just dont want u to be lonely...

the oddest thing happened at work... this lady comes up to me and Iv'e never meet her and she says.. we havent met, I am a big girl also and I just wanted to tell you how much I envy your legs! ???

I was like fabergasted... I just said OH thank you they have a lot of miles on them LMAO

iwmonn
07-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Hey Ladies,

Happy Independence Day to you all!!!!

So we'll be getting our sattelite connection soon!!!!!!! We mailed the down payment for the equipment and installation yesterday. They said it takes about 10 days for the equipment to arrive and I don't know how far in advance we have to schedule the actual install work. I'm just sooo excited lol... I had to dl a 54 meg file- would have taken 11 hours here, but I did it at work and it only took 6 min. I told Lee, and we pretty much made the decision right then.YAYYYYYYYY I can't wait. hehehe...

Curly~ GJ keeping on track with your 4th of July goal. You got further than I did lol! But, I've stopped gaining finally. I'm taking my meds again, and eating much better. Lee's dr. told him he has to cut the carbs and lose a little more weight, so it's much easier here now. He's realizing how tough it really is to cut the mashed potatoes, rice, pasta & bread etc...hehehehe... I started Dr. Phils book yesterday... is that one that you have read? How's your opinion?
How is the cat population there? Any luck with placing more of them?

Val~ :hug: It's awesome you got homes for your little charges! And together too. I tell ya, the 3 strays that found us are so much fun to watch. They all play so well together. I can't imagine if they ever had to be separated. I hope things are going well there for you.

Have a safe holiday all!!!! HUGSSSSSSSSSSSS
~Dee

curlylocks
07-03-2007, 10:58 PM
ehhh I was down... i am almost afraid to get on the scale as i am sure its back up... for some reason i just cant seem to get myself together... and have "zip" for energy..............

well the guy brought the lil tabby back.. i kinda knew when he took it he didnt have the patience for a kitten... but I have someone who wants one of the peach ones... lol as soon as i can catch it.. i didnt move outta my chair last weekend... something ate my baby chicks and when I was cleaning up the cage, I ended up stepping on a board with 4 nails in it and my gracefull self.. ended up with 4 nails in my foot... so i spent the weekend hobbling around and soaking my foot... its fine now tho..

lets see what else is new... umm I am going back to college starting in sept. I am gonna do my classes online I need 15 more for my BS in social science. It will be a big help cuz a 4 yr degree counts for 2 years of work experience with the state of maryland so I will be able to jump from a agent trainee to an agent II. tho I have fretted over the fact that I will have to take student loans... but I dont have to start paying them back till I graduate.. and the payment amount isnt too bad...

i sure hope i find some energy soon... I dont know if i am just tired, lazy or its menopause or what but I sure hope it passes soon... lol

i think my favorite diet book is "protein Power" by michael eddes he is high protein which automatically ends up being low carb...

yes I am gonna have to de-tox myself from carbs yet again... hey maybe that my energy problem... those nasty evil carbs!

curlylocks
07-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Hi Chickies!

Had A Nice Walk This Evening... Walked Down To The River And Chai Took A Swim... Haha I Guess Since He Was On His Leash That Meant I Took A Wade Also... Walked Home With Squishy Shoes! We Probably Only Walked Two Miles But Gonna Try To Get Back Into My Walking Groove..

Enjoy The Weekend!!

iwmonn
07-07-2007, 10:41 PM
lol curly. Next thing you know you'll need a bathing suit for walking him heheheh.

Still waiting for my sattelite.... :)

I ran into one of the owners of the store that is buying our store, and they want a meeting with me. That's a good sign -isn't it?? have a great sunday ladies!!!! hugsssssssssssssss.
~dee

iwmonn
07-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Hey girls,

So..... my victory today was going to Santa Rosa with Lee, and not stopping to eat until after 1pm... (***this was not the victory, it was just plain not smart). I was so hungry lol. We went to Red Lobster and when I was given the choice of : Mashed Potatoes, Baked Potato, French Fries or Steamed Veggies.
Drumroll please....... I chose the veggies!!!!!! And then, I even ate them! heheheh.

hugggssssssssssssssss to all the PIC's!

Dee~

curlylocks
07-12-2007, 08:24 PM
all the little things add up!!!! way to go for making a better choice!!!!

Valerie Joy
07-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Hi Curly and Dee!

I'm back from door county WI. I have to admit I was pretty bad on the eating. Hopefully I won't have gained any weight. I did go swimming everyday.

curlylocks
07-14-2007, 08:45 AM
did ya have some cheese curds?

iwmonn
07-14-2007, 11:27 PM
hehehehe cheese curds. Makes me think of that Potaine (or however it's spelled)....... that stuff looks nasty!!!!!

STILL no sattelite yet... grrrrrrrrrrr. I hope it's soon!

I talked to one of the new owners of the store today. Well... the papers STILL haven't been signed yet, but it's happening soon if all goes well. I've worked with him before and he told me not to worry about my job as they all know my work ethic. I feel a lot of stress gone now. I'm looking forward to the change :)

I have to go back in for another A1c soon :(... dr. mentioned last time he may try putting me on insulin cuz my numbers just aren't low enough. I know it's up to me, and I know exercise and diet could make all the difference but I'm tired, depressed and stressed and, frankley Scarlett, I don't give a damn...... have you guys heard of Byetta? I thought I might ask him about it. If I get my sugars under control, I think I'll have a better go at the weight loss, etc.....Maybe I can use it to jump start the process then go back on the oral meds??? I dunno- all I can do is ask right?!? lol. Anyways, I'll keep on trying. (I think I'll be getting access to a health insurance plan when the new guys take over too!!!!) One more LESS stress :)

Happy mid-July to you wonderful PIC's!!!!! :hug:

Dee~

curlylocks
07-16-2007, 10:26 PM
I saw Iwmonn (can't remember correct spelling) was asking about Byetra (that spelling may be wrong as well). I tried to send her a private message, but she's got her settings to block them. Could you let her know that our Captain's wife is diabetic, went on that and LOVED it? Not only was it a great diabetes drug for her, but she lost a ton of weight. I'd heard talk of them experimenting with it for USE as a weight loss drug. Anyway, just sticking my nose in, maybe where it doesn't belong, but I thought I'd offer that view. Thanks. Mary in WV

iwmonn
07-16-2007, 11:19 PM
Thanks Curly! And Thanks to Mary in WV also. I've been reading up on it and it really sounds like something I want to look into seriously, assuming I'm a candidate for it. I've also heard of the weightloss benefits too. It's pretty costly tho- but in the long run, if it does the job it's worth it.
Oh, and i fixed my pm'er. I dunno when that got changed :shrug:

Sattellite guy comes :woohoo:TOMORROW!!!!! But, I don't know if it is automatically a wireless connection... I guess I just assumed, and you know what they say lol..... Lee thinks maybe we need to buy extra hardware. I want to sit on my porch and surf!!! :stress:

Val~ Did you do a show?? lol... it's been soooo long. Anyways, I hope it was a nice time.

:grouphug: Dee~

curlylocks
07-17-2007, 08:17 AM
well part of my "lethargic mode" may be solved I found out last week that I had the shingles.. Yes and the dr was so concerned it might be chicken pox ... he ushered me in thru the back door and forgot to weigh me hahahahahaha seems like now i am on some meds I am feeling much better! hahaha sounds better than "I am just lazy"

Nothing exciting to report here... just same ol stuff.. I am going back to college in the fall, but i get to do it all online... I am taking student loans out to do it ..so by the time i am done paying them back i will probably be on social security retirement! hahaha

hey I saw a page last night where if u tell them the serial number of your glucometer.. they will send you one of those fancy cute new ones for free! but its time limited so check it out!

https://www.lifescan.com/upgrade/

haha I like free!!!

iwmonn
07-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Wow curly... I guess in a way it's good to know why you've been feeling so blah. I've heard shingles can hang on a long time. Sounds like your meds are a huge help for ya tho! Hope you're feeling back to your old self soon!!!

I have a good friend doing the on-line college thing. She's getting a bachelors in whatever you need to be a paralegal. She's doing great, but it still requires long hours, but she's much more able to work it around her work schedule. Be careful with the financial arrangement tho... I actually had to co-sign a loan for her cuz the financial person assured her all her costs were taken care of but it turns out she was $4000. short. They cut off her access to classes (over halfway thru her program) until she was able to pay up. Plus they also discontinued a Pell Grant she had already qualified for..... It really sucked!!! All is good now tho.

soooooo... the long awaited satellite was installed today, and I can't use it on my laptop until we get a wireless router..... If it ain't one thing it's another lmao...i'm heading into the city and getting one tomorrow dammit!!!!!! lmao.. Lee is soooooooo happy back in his office just giggling at the super speed he has!

The glucometers look pretty cool too curly. Thanks for the link. gotta check out the cost of the strips.
:wave: Ciao PIC's till tomorrow :grouphug: Dee~

Valerie Joy
07-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Hi everyone,

Well the damage is in. I gained my typical 5 vacation pounds.

Ugh I'm so frustrated right now. At home I am pretty much maintaining but those vacation pounds are starting to add up. I hate to be negative but I just feel like I'm fighting a loosing battle!

I'm applying for a new job working at a doggie daycare. So maybe if I get that job I will be running around after the dogs and getting more exercise in then just sitting in my cube all day!

Valerie Joy
07-19-2007, 03:51 PM
I forgot to mention I have two new foster kittens. I want to keep fluffster. He is so sweet and so soft I think he's a maine coon. Mystic is beautiful also and pure black.

Fluffster
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v411/valeriejoy/pets/?action=view&current=fluffster1.jpg

Mystic
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v411/valeriejoy/pets/?action=view&current=mystic.jpg

iwmonn
07-19-2007, 08:41 PM
yayyyyyyy we finally got the satellite! I love this speed lol. I can even watch a youtube! Now I can get me some new music too!!! And logging in here was a breeze!

((((val)))) those are the cutest kitties. Mystic looks like I imagine my Jack looked when he was just a lil one! He's such a lover.

While we're on the cat subject, (I'll ask the ;) experts ;)) Sam (the siamese) is drifting away. He hardly comes in anymore, used to roll over for lee's belly rubs but now won't let lee near him..... I can pick him up for just for a very short period before he wants down and straight outside.... and I also think he's having some weird reaction to something. His nose and the sides of his nose are raw and won't heal. First we thought maybe he got into a bee nest or something but now I'm just not sure. He isn't aggressive, but has become very skittish around us....... I'm gonna try to get a pic to post for you guys to look at for me.........any thoughts?
Clyde is getting arthritis pretty bad now. Vet has me giving him a baby aspirin every other day, but he still looks like he hurts. I'm so sad. Clyde is like a real person to me. Sometimes, it seems like he understands everything I'm saying. And Annie is just down to nothing. She's always been small but she is only 5 lbs now. She's like 18 years old now........ So I think Imma be losing my 2 old kitties in the not to distant future :(

OK, so ya notice i'll discuss anything right now but my weight??? cus it's not doing anything..... but it's only my own self to blame and I know it. Gotta get my arse in gear and get my head outta it!!!!!!

I will stop this vicious cycle!
depression>fatigue>high glucose readings>lethargy>weight gain>depression>fatigue>high glucose readings>lethargy>weight gain >>>

Have a lovely day ladies!!!!! :grouphug:

Dee~

Valerie Joy
07-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Dee it sounds like the siamese may have an allergy. It's really hard to know what might be bothering him. It definitely sounds like he's not feeling well.

I have an 18 year old Kitty also (pockeyway) she still gets around but I can tell she's having some problems especially with jumping up on the furniture.

iwmonn
07-20-2007, 11:53 PM
ok val & curly... this is what sams nose is looking like. It's getting better actually. We have been using neosporin on it some. He got the same thing last year, altho not quite this bad. Maybe it is an allergy? or possibly a chemical reaction (he's been going to the neighbors property and I wouldn't be surprised WHAT he may have over threre). It really doesn't even seem to bother him at all. Any clues? Thanks :) Dee~

Valerie Joy
07-21-2007, 03:25 AM
Oh my gosh that looks terrible. If he got the same thing last year I would take a guess that it's an allergy. Theres no way you can take him to the vet?

curlylocks
07-22-2007, 02:07 PM
it looks almost like when chai had demodectic mange-

Demodex cati is a mite that can infect cats of all ages or breed. It appears to occur in a higher frequency in Burmese and Siamese cats. There are two main forms of the disease, localized and generalized. The localized form is the more common, with symptoms of hair loss with scaly skin on the eyelids, head, ears, and neck of the cat. The lesions may itch and be red and irritated. The generalized form of the disease has similar lesions, but may also affect the body and legs.

its not like the regular mange you may have heard of.. because these mites live on the animals body normally ... the reason some animals have a problem with them is becuz they are allergic to them, and the animals immune system may be a bit weak.. and poses no threat to your other pets or humans

with chai i supplemented his diet with oily fish... sardines, tuna, jack mackeral etc to build him up a bit, they also sell in the pet stores a tube of stuff for stressed cats that u can supplemnet their diet with that is high in vitamins and protein

also its possible that sam has a flea allergy i read some where that cats show/react to allergies in their face, and ears... either way i would still go with the oily fish ..

jack mackeral and sardines are cheap and i would give that a try..

curlylocks
07-22-2007, 02:13 PM
OMG val there is no way I could part with that lil tabby... you have to keep that one!

I found a home yesterday for my tabby kitten... i got him tamed down very nicely .. the lady who took him said he walked into her bedroom last night and climbed up on the bed and stretched him self out and slept there all night! I am so happy he found such a good home!