PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-01-2007, 12:52 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking PCOS Weightloss & TTC - January

Hi Ladies and Welcome to the January PCOS Weightloss and TTC Support!

Its a Brand New Year and we can all "start fresh".........or keep continuing on whichever you like.........I hope 2007 is very special for all of you!

Here we can discuss our "battles" with PCOS & Weightloss and TTC with PCOS! Having PCOS is a constant uphill "battle" with your body to TRY to do what you WANT it to do! lol.

Together we can support each other through this! Feel free to post about your daily doings, weightloss, TTC, Meds, Questions, whatever you want............

I hope you will join us!!!!!!!!!

Everybody is Welcome!!!!!!!! Even if you do not have PCOS, if you are experiencing other TTC problems or have a family member or friend with PCOS, feel free to join us here. Also if you have PCOS and are not currently TTC, feel free to join us as well. As long as you don't mind us chatting about TTC, everybody is welcome!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:12 AM   #2  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Yoderlay HEE HOOO

A new year a new start , Happy new year all lets hope its a great and prosperus year for us all.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Happy new year to all!!!

So sorry I've been MIA!

Teresa - Thanks for checking my chart, I was bummed by AF but oh well. At least it appears I ovulated on my own. Definitely going back on the clomid after this cycle, can't go on it now because I am going away CD16-CD19 - sorry not sure if I mentioned that already?? I know how hard it is to have someone close to you get a BFP...of course you're happy for them but it's so hard too.

I really lost it last night, I am a bit embarrassed - I got pretty drunk at my sister's house and started crying about my fertility issues. Thank GOD that most of the people had gone home by then and it was just my family left, although that included my BIL and my sister's BF....blah. Oh well. I'm sure they understand.

Hope everybody is doing well, talk soon!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:54 PM   #4  
~Believe~

Happy New Year, Cysters!

A New Year, a whole new chance for us all! What are your goals for this year?

Mine are:

To exercise, whatever it may be, exercise and to do it regularly
Eat Healthier
Stop drinking Soda (BIGGIE for me!)
Find a new Dr.

Hi Teresa!

Liz, big I think we have all been there one time or another. Sometimes we just need to let those emotions come out........I'm hoping you are feeling better today, hon.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:29 AM   #5  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Sassy : Hey hunni hope your doing ok....Its great to see you setting yourself some goals i think thats a great way to see in the new year and you've inspired me to set some goals of my own. I hope your new year was good and heres to lots of love in 2007.

Liz : Glad to see you back hunni , i am so sorry to hear you got upset about your fertility issues , but as sassy says we have all been there and as this ttc journey goes on and on it will happen more and more and there is nothing any of us can do about it. I spent most of my christmas and new years crying over something or another lol hormonal wreck at the moment lol. I hope apart from that you enjoyed yourself at christmas and new years and good luck for 2007 and thank you so much for your kind words regarding my sister.

Everyone Else : I hope your all ok and had a fantastic new year , all the very best for 2007.

Me : Nothing much to report bug seems to have left the building thank goodness and the pills seem to have sort of kicked in i dont really feel hungry at all i just have to periodilly eat to make sure i do or i wont lol if that makes sence im aware i need food in my belly so i am making sure i eat a few things but i dont feel like i need to snack which is great.

Take care and speak soon

Teresa
Old 01-02-2007, 05:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 168/168/128

Height: 4'11"

Hi everyone. My name is Wendi. My OB called me today (at about the same time you had posted this thread) to inform me that the insulin-resistance test I took last friday showed that I do have insulin resistance. When describing my results, he used the term "really bad" and said that I needed to meet with him soon for treatment. He suggested that I purchase an Atkins book (Goodbye foods I love!). While trying to find info about this diagnosis, I found this website and thought that this would be exactly what I need - understanding people who can relate to what I am going through. I went to the OB thinking that the irregular visits from AF were because of the C-section I had two and a half years ago when I had my daughter, little did I know that it is really PCOS. My OB has suggested fertility drugs, but I don't know what to do. I would love to be pregnant, but wonder if I can handle pregnancy with the recent diagnosis with insulin resistance. I look forward to meeting all of you. What a great place to make new friends.
2muchsugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hello all and Happy New Year!

Teresa: I'm glad you're feeling better! I'm pretty much over whatever cold I've had but I'll bet another is on the way. BIL and SIL had my niece here for New Year's Eve and she was running a fever, so chances are that DS will get it, then me. I'm SO tired of being sick!!

Sassy: Hooray for resolutions!! Best of luck on yours, I know you can do it! I've all but given up soda, I know it can be hard. I don't miss it now though,

Liz: Oh man..if I had a buck for everytime I drank too much and spilled my guts (not to mention tears) to everybody in the room....Well, I'd have like ten dollars. I had a particularly bad episode when I was ttc DS. Uck- it's hard to even think about.
But hey- at least you were with family and it's good that they understand a bit more about what you're going through. Sometimes those emotions force their way through no matter what, but drinking really loosens it up.
Try not to be too embarassed, think of being Britney Spears or something, lol. At least you weren't trashed and on a magazine airing your ummm...private problems. It's not a huge deal, we've all (probably) been there.

Everyone:
Speaking of resolutions, I have a few..well I guess it could be summed up in one:
I have to learn how to love myself this year!
Whatever that entails, I need to do. I've spent the last several years with an inferiority complex, and treating myself like crap. It's as if I've done it on purpose too... I guess it's complicated and contradictive to try to explain. The point is-- I am going to stop destructive behaviors and take care of myself even if it costs time and money. Period.
Vanessa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:55 AM   #8  
~Believe~

Red face Hey Cysters!

Hey Cysters!

I am feeling better, only really really tired. Can't get enough sleep it seems. Haven't done anything but sleep or rest and watch tv.......I need to do laundry later on today though if we are to have clothes to wear. lol.

Have a Great Day!
Old 01-03-2007, 03:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Wendi: Welcome welcome! I feel for you on the new diagnosis. I know I freaked for like 3 months when I found about PCOS. I think that if you want to be pg and a doctor says it's an option for you, then hey, go fot it! When you feel up to it ofcourse.
Good luck and please come back to talk with us! This is a great little group, I feel like I know all these girls and they know me too. They've been absolutely key to my getting through these last few rough months of weightloss and ultimately deciding to ttc again.
<3
Vanessa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:01 AM   #10  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Hey Girls

Wendi : to our little group hunni , its great to see another face. As vanessa says its always a bit of a shock when your given the PCOS diagnosis even if you kinda suspect it anyway , for me i was diagnosed with it in march 06 by blood only to be told in November 06 after scans and more blood that i actully dont have it , and the only problem i have is not ovaulting all the time and as you can imagine i went through all the same emotions that you are going through right now to them find out it was all for nothing, The best advice i could give you is read lots of information about pcos get your head around what it is and what you want from your ob , if you want to get pregnant defintly go for it but make sure they are doing the best they can for your PCOS first as that will improve your chances by miles and getting the best help for your pcos will be crutial for your future chances of concieving. I wish you all the luck in the world for 2007.

Vanessa : Im glad to hear your xmas and new year was good and its great to see you setting yourself a goal , i know how you feel with that love yourself stuff i am exactly the same , i am constantly thinking the worst of myself and i know if i am gonan lose weight and get healthier and have a baby i need to start telling myself i can do it instead of beating myself up... I think maybe its a goal that i need to set myself too. Fingers crossed you wont get another cold or sickness now i think me and you have had our yearly share for the time being lol.

Sassy : Glad to hear your feeling better hunni, look forward to speaking to you soon.

Me : I have my first weight in tonight at my class , i am not dreading it but im not looking forward to it either , I think im gonna weight in the same and to be honest im glad that it will look like ive maintained instead of skoffed all xmas which i did but they dont need to know that. The tablets are going ok i am hardly eating anything really but i am trying to stick to three meals a day as a rule , but i had porrige this morning and i only could eat half of it and it wernt cos i felt full i just didnt wanna eat anymore id had enough for me , so i think this means there working but i havent seen much imporvment on my weight yet and ive been on then nearly a week. I wont get carried away tho cos a week is nothing maybe i will see an improvment next week.

Have a good day all.

Teresa
Old 01-03-2007, 11:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 168/168/128

Height: 4'11"

Thank you for the warm welcome and encouraging words! Please bare with me as I am still trying to figure out who everyone is, what my diagnosis really means, and what I am supposed to do about it. I am new to the "forum" world and hope to get over this learning curve fast. I guess I will start by sharing a little more about myself. I am 24, live in a po-dunk town in Idaho (not Preston, but similar - Have you seen Napoleon Dynamite?), and have been a stay-at-home mom for 2 1/2 years. I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who brings me so much joy. My husband is my best friend and a wonderful supporter of anything I do. In fact, last night we threw out every unhealthy item in our house (which happend to be almost everything!) and replaced it with fresh fruits, veggies, and alot of chicken. Funny how I felt healthier just doing that! I wish it was that easy! I can't trust myself to make the right decisions when it comes to food, so I am going to try a boot-camp approach. We'll see how that works. I hope that I have hit rock-bottom and will stop the excuses. (I am really great at making up excuses for my weight problem!) I, too, am going to try to change my outlook on myself. I wonder why that is so hard?

Good luck at your weigh-in tonight, Teresa. Thanks for the great advice. I meet with my doc on Friday to discuss treatment for the insulin-resistance (I am not really sure what that even means) and the possibility of taking fertility drugs. I have to admit, that kinda scares me.

Vanessa, thanks for your great advice as well. I will certainly keep the option of ttc open. When I was first diagnosed, I automatically thought, "Why should I bring a child into this world when I can't even take care of myself?" But, have realized that that is exactly the self-defeating mindset that I need to correct! Good luck on your ttc. Are you taking fertility drugs?

Sassy, I am going to set goals for myself as well. Pop is a big one for me too. If I come across any decent alternatives, I will definately share them with you!

Liz, I can relate to the emotional breakdown. I have had plenty of those myself. Unfortunatly, mine don't even require drinking!! What do you mean by going away CD16-CD19? And what is a BFP?

Thanks, all of you. For providing an outlet for me to spill my guts and for your kind support. I hope I can provide a virtual shoulder to lean on too.
2muchsugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #12  
~Believe~

Hey Gals!

Wendi! I have been so good! I have been drinking water and water and more water! I feel like I'm floating away! lol. The bathroom has become my new best friend now! lmao.

Emotional breakdowns seem to come along with this lovely disease! lol. I think we all have been there!

Well update on AF: She is still here! I thought she was going away, she lightened up there for about 2 whole weeks!!!!!!! But noooooooooooo. She's back again. I am searching for a new gyn. since mine left. I hate getting a new one!!!!

Take care everybody!

Old 01-03-2007, 01:00 PM   #13  

Smile joined a gym last night

Hi ladies,
just an update on how I'm doing. I joined a gym last night and worked out today. I'm also doing WATP videos. My eating has been good and I even turned down home-made pie at my MIL's last night. I've been trying the Fuze drinks and I really like them. May be a good alternative to sodas if anyone has that addiction.
Thanks for letting me join in,
Kristina
mom2twoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:13 PM   #14  

Hi Everyone. I hope your all having a good new year. Im just trying to take it easy on the eating. Its our anniversary this weekend so Im taking a little break from the diet. Im gonna start up on weight watchers in a couple weeks. Ive got lots of laundry to do so Ill post back more later.
SarahMahfoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:29 PM   #15  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Hey girls just a quick one as its late here.

Wendi : Im glad to hear your going to see your OB i think thats the most important thing for you right now to find out where you at and how you wanna tackle this pcos and the issues that go with it. Good luck with that and thanks for the luck for the class it payed off im down 3lbs yay.

Sarah :Happy anniversary for this weekend hunni i hope you have a fantastic time whatever you are doing.

Mom2twoboys: Im glad to hear things are going so well for you and you not giving in to those temptaions , you doing a great job hunni , keep it up & well done you for joining the gym... Thats one of my goals for this year i think, joining the gym.

Sassy : I cant believe AF is still hanging around is that the same one from Oct/Nov if so man id be going crazy bananas by now , good luck on finding a new ob sounds like you could do with one asap who can hopefully get your Af's back on track and hopefully a lot less of a pain in the butt for you.

Me : As i said above i lost 3lb at class as you can imagine i am over the moon , to have a loss after christmas & new year i am so darn happy. I think its partly cos the reductil kicked in and cos i had the bug i have not been eating as much as i would normally plus the fact that i didnt really put on a lot over christmas only about 2lb so it didnt take me long to shift it back the other way. All in all im a happy bunny.

Take care and speak soon

Teresa