Support Groups - Beat The Bulge~ Game 12!!!

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Beat The Bulge~ Game 12!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
12-31-2006, 06:18 PM
Here we go!!!!
Happy New Year to everyone!
Now get your butts in gear and let's beat the bulge! LOL!;)
Good Luck everyone!:D

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/WJMc/gny28e95d1a4657_myspace.gif

MyOwnSaboteur
01-01-2007, 08:07 AM
Good morning to everyone,

Just wanted to quickly pop in and wish everyone good luck for Day 1, may we all get on track and stay there!!

I'll be checking back tonight,

ArtsyGirl
01-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Morning gals. I'm starting the year off with some kind of yucky cold/flu. It'll be a day of lots of fluids and rest for me.

Hope everyone else had a great night last night. Well, I know we've got some new people coming into this game, so in order to get to know one another, let us know a little about yourself. I'll go first.

I started this weightloss thing last Jan. 1st. I lost until I was happy (Just under 130) but have gained back btwn 15-20 lbs. and need to buckle down. I love to exercise-run, turbokick, spin class, softball in the summer, hike, kayak. I dont however like to diet. I havent found the happy balance of control for maintenance, so I'm back with a bit to lose.

I'm 33, married, no kids, 2 dogs. I'm a piano teacher/church organist/glass artist.

Well, my coffee is ready so I'll be back later.

canadian mom
01-01-2007, 10:56 AM
Well I'm back and need to lose the 4-5 pounds I out back on over the holidays. It was fun time off but now I need to buckle back down and continue loosing.

I am married SAHM of 4 (girls 9,8,2 and boy 3).

sotypical
01-01-2007, 03:50 PM
okay, I am here. Today is the start of a new year and I am BACK on plan and starting slim fast for one meal a day - today it will be dinner I have it for. I dunno how much I gained over christmas - I did weigh in this morning at 171.4 but I am sure a few pounds of that is water... I'll count that as my starting for this game tho. But I am not changing my ticker till my offical weigh in this saturday. I am back to using fit day today tho :)

Tomorrow I will start back with exercise and drinking all my water.

BarrieMomof2
01-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to this site.
I'm Anne! I'm 31, married and have 2 adorable little boys. They are 2 and 7 months. I have been overweight since I was a teenager, which is no fun. I have tried to lose it before, but never stuck with it.
But this time, I have an important reason. I want to be able to keep up to the kids. And I need to be healthy to do that.
So far, since Christmas, I've lost 5 lbs!! All I;ve done is watch what I eat, drink more water, and try to exercise every day!

I really look forward to working on this with all of you!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-01-2007, 06:52 PM
:wave: Hi Everyone!!!
The computer was acting up again today, did the same thing last year as I recall!
Just going next door for dinner, must behave, it's a ham dinner and I love ham!!!
Have a great day!

canadian mom
01-01-2007, 07:13 PM
I have started back on my fitday today. I haven't used it in a couple months and since I need to get back on track I figured it would help. I am also not changing my ticker right away just my goal. My official weigh in day is Sunday so I will change my ticker them......RELUNCTANLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

sotypical
01-01-2007, 07:41 PM
:wave: Hi Everyone!!!
The computer was acting up again today, did the same thing last year as I recall!
Just going next door for dinner, must behave, it's a ham dinner and I love ham!!!
Have a great day!

Enjoy your ham! I hate ham! lol

So far I hav done very well today! :)

JasonsLea
01-01-2007, 08:34 PM
:welcome: to all the newbies and :wave: to all the oldies!

My name is Shari, I'm 20, and I started gaining weight when I was nine. I have gone through deep, dark depression and low self esteem until I got to the point when I realized that there was no way I was leaving this earth anytime soon so I might as well make the most of my time here. I'm not Miss Sunshine by no means but I'm much better than I used to be. I've been doing this WL thing for over a year but recently it just suddenly 'clicked' in my head. I realized that I had been in too much of a rush. Now, I'm not. I'm in this for the long haul and I'm in this for me. Hope to get to know some new folks soon! :hug:

What did yall do for New Years Eve? I had to work today so I wasn't planning on staying up late but stupid me just had to turn it to USA network. They were playing a Law & Order: SVU marathon and since that is my FAVORITE L&O branch, I ended up staying up till almost 2 in the morning switching between SVU and the Rome season 1 disc I got from Netflix :corn: even though I knew I had to get up a 4 to get ready for work! Yeah, I'm such a goof!

Do yall do New Years Goals? Here are some of mine:

* Reach ONEderland by my 21st birthday (7/29/07).

* Move into my own place and buy a car (which will happen when I recieve my income tax check).

* Get a position outside of food service.

* Save up enough money by March to get my mama that Rottweiler puppy for her birthday (SHHH! Don't tell!).

* Finally start some college courses.

*Take charge of the last aspects of my adult life by paying my own cell phone bill.

* Get out of the 'extra' debt I'm in.

* Get my own computer.

* Finally hatch my Triops.

* Get my sharkfish.

sotypical
01-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Goals? I sure do have a couple :)

1. I want to lose the rest of the weight - hope to reach 130 by July 23 - but I'll see :)
2. I also want to work on saving money - I would like to save at least 3000 this year (hoping for more like 5000 - but stuff happens).

That's my main two goals - I am sure there are more small ones. I have never really set goals any other year, but I know I can reach these two!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-01-2007, 09:26 PM
So I did well with the ham, turns out my jaw started hurting and it was hard to chew so I only at a little. I'm going to have some chicken in a mug (just broth) and get the hot water bottle out to put on my face.
Heres my goals for this year:
*Do and finish the Power 90 dvd workout (3 months)
*finally get that divorce! LOL!
*find me a nice young man to date
*grow my hair
*teach Ryan how to skate and swim
*take dance lessons
*go back to school(keep your fingers crossed!)
I'm sure I'll think of more as the night wears on! LOL!
Well, better go get that soup, have a good sleep!

MyOwnSaboteur
01-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Hi Ladies,

Good luck for all of you that set goals for yourselves, I hope they are all met!! I didn't bother because I always cave and never seem to be able to meet them, so my only goal is my weightloss goal which is really on hold for another 4 or so months.

Just a bit of a background on me. I am a SAHM of 4 beautiful children (waves hand excitedly at canadian mom) 3 girls ages, 8, 6 and 4 and 1 boy age 2. I started my weightloss last January since we were finished having children (lol) I thought it was time to get in shape. I had lost a total of 42lbs when in September I found out we were going to be having a very unexpected surprise next May. I was very upset as I had worked so hard and with this news and the recent loss of my father, I fell off the wagon and indulged in all I had been denying myself before, needless to say the pounds came back very quickly and I have come back with my tail between my legs in hopes that I might make it through the rest of this pregnancy and maintain the weight I am at right now.

Today I did fairly well, I drank all my water and ate really well however I decided to take Wendy's advice and not overdue it. I have decided to for go the exercise until I get over this cold and the kids start letting me get some sleep.

On that note I am tired and should cuddle up in bed and get some much needed sleep before the kids start waking me and calling me out of bed!!

I look forward to getting to know some of you and getting reaquainted with the others. Have a good night everyone :)

JasonsLea
01-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Courtnie, you're a Lea too? YAY!

Wendy, sorry about your jaw but happy you wasn't able to overdo it with the ham.

HI MONICA! Good to see you and #5!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Did anyone use the cranberry juice trick???? LOL!

Well I guess I should tell you a little about myself,
I'm a single mom to Ryan who is 3, he's the best! And I love him more than anything!I started loosing weight about a year and a bit ago, been more off than on because of different medical problems but I'm doing quite well considering!At this point I'm more concerned with toning than loosing the weight but if I can manage to loose the last 10 in doing so that will be a bonus!The reason I decided to loose the weight was so I could keep up to Ryan and so I could be heathy because RJ needs me to be!
Off to bed soon, I'm getting up super early to get a workout in before my tweedlebugs wakes up!
Ciao

sotypical
01-02-2007, 01:53 AM
I got on my bike for half an hour tonight! even tho I told myself I didnt have to start exercising till tomorrow! go me :)

I figured I should start the new year off right :) And I had a great day! 1300 cal and 30 min of exercise :)

hsmomx2
01-02-2007, 08:18 AM
sotypical, wtg on starting off the New Year right.

I'm a mom of two kids 3yr old boy and 9 yr old girl. I tried to lose weight one time before. I lost 30 pounds and then got pregnant with ds. I gained 20pounds from the pregnancy and 32 pounds more afterwards. So far since October 17th I've lost 9 pounds. I got a 3 yr membership at a gym on December 5. December was a rough month for us with either 1 or more of us sick at a time. For the New Year all 4 of us was sick. So far 3 of the 4 are feeling a good bit better today.

This year's goals are : 1) dh and I making time for us, 2) work on a budget and keep to it, 3) get in better shape, and take time out for me. I've read the best investment made is in ones health and its time I started investing!

Rosario
01-02-2007, 09:50 AM
hey guys!! wow, everybody sounds like they are off to a great start. way to go!!!!

My new year didn't start til today as yesterday all I did was sleep and eat. I'm off to a good start already. Got some gym time in already. Just have to watch what I eat and I'm hoping to start Slim in 6 today.

my new year goals are:

1 - lose weight (hopefull all of it this year!)
2 - save money
3 - start school
4 - take a vacation (a real one, I'm thinking Puerto Rico)
5 - be nicer to my bf

Looks like I got my work cut out for me.

Have a great day everyone.

ArtsyGirl
01-02-2007, 10:29 AM
HOLY CRAP! I weigh over 150 again. OK, I'm going hardcore, and I'll be under this by next Monday. That is my main weekly goal. I've gotten in a 4 mile walk and I think I'm going to try to do a turbokick workout if I can do it with this cold. I am feeling better, but still congested and my throat is still sore.

sotypical
01-02-2007, 12:11 PM
I guess I could introduce myself... my name is Courtnie, I am 21 and I live with my boyfriend and my puppy. Like others I of course I have tried many times to lose weight as I have been over weight my whole life. I am over half way there now! yay! I am a web developer... and yah that's about it. lol

A couple more new year goals for me....
GET MORE SLEEP!
go on a trip somewhere... anywhere with my BF (been together 2.5 years and never gone anywhere!!)

ArtsyGirl
01-02-2007, 12:43 PM
You all have wonderful goals for the year. I'm not real good at the yearly goals thing. I basically just want to continue to be active and healthy. Some days I achieve this, and others I dont. I want to be active more days than not this year.

Anne-GREAT JOB on a loss over the holidays.

Rosario-Hooray for the gym time girl! You're doing wonderful!!!

Courtnie-Glad you were able to get on your bike yesterday. I was a total slug yesterday, but I'm going strong today!

Shari-I bow to your ability to do ANYTHING on as little sleep as you did after NY's. I never could do that even when I was younger. My body basically shuts down and decides for me that I WILL sleep now.

Wendy-Sorry for your jaw, but at least it kept your diet on track!

Monica-Congratulations on such a wonderful suprise as a #5!

Cmom-lets get back on track now that the holidays are past us.

hsmom-I like your goal of making more time for hubby and you. I really need to focus more on that this year as well. It is way to easy for both of us to get wrapped up in our own things and forget how important it is to do things together as well. You've done a great job starting your weight loss. Keep it up.

I did get in a second workout, and I'm feeling pretty good. I think I'll have some lunch and then head into town to get my allergy shot. Have a great one everybody.

sotypical
01-02-2007, 01:46 PM
I got on my bike for an hour today! two days in a row! yipee!!

canadian mom
01-02-2007, 02:35 PM
I got my exercise in and change my room around ( that took an hour or more 'cause of the cleaning under things and moving things around until I found where I wanted them) so I got in a little extra today.

Ro~ It's a new year you can do it this time!

Brandy~ I am with you

monica~ Congarts I want more kids but the hubby says he wants to retire
someday ,I can't understand why! lol!

Wendy~ consider it lucky you cannot overeat now lol

As for goals this year well just to keep active and hopefully reah my goal. I may end up changing once I am there but I want to at least reach my first goal.

Oh yeah I only put on 4 pounds but put on .5 inch in the waist so my January goal is to lose 4 pounds and my .5 inch

canadian mom
01-02-2007, 02:40 PM
I gave in I changed my ticker before the end of the week.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Hi Ladies! Just popping in quick, I'm on my way out to see my mom and dad, maybe get some ham now that the jaw is ok. I woke up with a head cold so I canceled my workout this morning and just got on the bike for 1/2 an hour, hope to do more later.
Have a great day!

sotypical
01-02-2007, 03:12 PM
I still don't know how much I gained....
I know I am holding onto water cuz I am down 2.6 pounds from yesterday! lol

Wendy - I LOVE the pic in your siggie! awesome saying!!!! I'm stealing it!

JasonsLea
01-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Great job Court! Did you go to school to be a web developer?

Hi HSMom!

Ro ~ Puerto Rico? Sounds nice. I want to go to Scotland one day.

Brandy ~ All I can say is that I get it from my mama! :D

CM ~ You watch Dog too? :dizzy:

Wendy, I hope you get better soon! Love the saying!

Edited to add: Oh yeah, WI was today and I'm at 244.6 now. I'm still at work so I'll change my ticker when I get home!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-02-2007, 03:38 PM
I'll go with you to Scotland Shari!!! I've been there 5 times and I love it!Also like to take Ryan there when he's about 14 so he can appreciate the history and beauty of it and not just goof around over there!
Not going to M&D's, RJ took a fit just as we were leaving and I'm punishing him for it now.
Maybe I should start de-Christmasing the house...

sotypical
01-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Shari - I did go to school to be a web developer. I did two years equvalent (took a bit longer cuz I was doing it while in high school). I have a diaploma in Digital Media Technologies.

love2bthin
01-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Hello all! I thought I would introduce myself too. My name is Colleen and I am a 28 year old stay at home mom. I have two beautiful little girls ages 1 and 5. I love staying home but I think not getting out much and not being around others keeps me from losing weight. I use to be so much more active when I worked and I know I didn't eat as much.

I am not a lover of exercise but I am REALLY going to try!:D I just want to look HOT again and feel good and keep up with my girls. What do y'all do for exercise?
I am doing great drinking my water, almost a gallon already today!:) And I am doing much better on meals today than yesterday. Yesterday was aweful!!! I have no will power when it comes to chocolate!
HAve a great day girls!

Co

I LOST MY 1ST POUND!!!!!
WOOHOO for me!

baglynn
01-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Happy New Year Everyone!

I am 33, divorced, with 2 kids. Austin (8) and Madison (5). I live with my kiddos and my bf. I work in healthcare/information systems.

Goals for 2007:
1. Loose 65 lbs.
2. Drink more water.
3. Get pregnant.
4. Keep in better contact with friends.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!!!

Walked for 30 minutes at lunchtime!!!!

Have a great day all!
Becky

sotypical
01-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Colleen - congrats on your first pound!! change that ticker girl!

JasonsLea
01-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Wendy ~ Alot of people think it's weird I wanna go see Scotland but I guess I'm just a weird kid! LOL I love history and I want to explore historical Scottish castles...especially the haunted ones! LOL

Courtnie ~ Is there high demand in your field? Do you make good money? You stay at home right?

Welcome and Congratulations Colleen!

Welcome Becky!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Scotland is awesome!
Well my livingroom looks bare! Just got rid of the tree, Ryan was sad saying that this was the best Christmas tree he ever had and then we had to get rid of it! AWWW, coming from a 3 year old it was so cute!Now all I have to do is vacuum and change things around a little and it'll be back to normal! Yippee!!
Need more drugs, this cold is getting worse by the hour, better get back on that bike before I get to ill!
Colleen~ Yippee! Congrats on that pound!!!
I don't know if anyone noticed that I changed my goal weight, but almost everyone I know have said that I look better now than when I wa 125lbs so I'm going to just try for 130, I think I'd be happy with my weight as it is right now but I'm so jiggly! LOL!Must tone up!! Must tone up!!

100percentME
01-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi all!! I would love to join yall on ur game! Sounds like fun!
Guess i will introduce myself. I am 15 and am so determined to lose weight this year! I have been stuck at 150 for 3 months, so im working hard to get past this darn plateau.
My goals for 2007:
~loose 20 pounds
~Stop procrastinating
~Stop drinking soda
~Finish the school year with a 4.0
~ummm....thats all for right now

Good luck everyone!! Happy New Year!!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-02-2007, 05:35 PM
100%~ Those pesky plateaus are killer! I was on one for about 8 months, right around the 150lbs mark also! I actually went back to eating junk food for a couple weeks and forgot all about diet/ exercise and whatever then when I started up again I started loosing the weight! Now I'm not recommending that, I'm just telling you my story! LOL! I think you'll like it here,everyone is very supportive!

sotypical
01-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Shari - there are jobs in my field but not as many as say.... mcdonalds, haha. They are more jobs in different areas, where I live there are not many, but if I moved (and not even that far) they are more jobs. I make decent money, but would make more if I moved (but my living expensive would also be much higher in a larger city). I do not work from home, I work in office :)

So far I dunno about this slim fast thing... im kinda hungry... anyway, I am going to try and stick to it for a month.... its just to help me keep my calories lower. I don't wanna f-up my metoblism tho, so I told myself im not allwoed to go any lower then 1300... (and no higher then 1600) do you guys think that is okay? I seriously don't wanna screw my body up!!! I just figure if I keep it lower to lose a bit faster and then slowly raise when I reach goal weight... lots of people do that, but I dunno how low is okay..,

baglynn
01-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Courtnie...I always thought with doing things like Slim Fast...you can loose a lot of weight, with less calories, but once you start eating food again or a balanced diet, you will gain. Not sure...just don't want you to set yourself up for failure.

sotypical
01-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Courtnie...I always thought with doing things like Slim Fast...you can loose a lot of weight, with less calories, but once you start eating food again or a balanced diet, you will gain. Not sure...just don't want you to set yourself up for failure.

I understand that, the fact that when you 'start eating again' you gain....

the thing that I don't understand... whats the difference between slim fast or just recuding calories? I mean either way you get the same number of calories.... I dunno.... I dont get it.... I mean when I get to goal weight, I imange I have to increase my calories to stay at my weight, but I mean incase them back to a normal level... not 2000+ lol

i'm so confused :S i should just stick to what I was doing, lol

sotypical
01-02-2007, 06:59 PM
okay so i did some math....

- 1550 calories a day and I lose 1 pounds a week
- so if I lower that to 1300ish (no lower!!) I will lose a bit fast - and I shouldn't screw up my matoblism
- at goal weight, I should be able to eat 1900 cals a day to maintain

The whole idea is that you decrease your matience calories enough to lose - so why does everyone say you gain you back with slim fast? I guess that's because people go back to eating the way they were?

Wide in Winnipeg
01-02-2007, 07:05 PM
I was doing 1300 cals for the longest time and it's because I binged that I gained weight back. Now I stick to 1600 cals a day, I'm thinking about going down to 1400 but I love my food to much!!!
Courtnie~ are you using the Slim Fast bars also? Maybe you'd get more out of them than the shake, at least you'll feel like you are eating something because you get to chew it! LOL!

sotypical
01-02-2007, 07:14 PM
I was doing 1300 cals for the longest time and it's because I binged that I gained weight back. Now I stick to 1600 cals a day, I'm thinking about going down to 1400 but I love my food to much!!!
Courtnie~ are you using the Slim Fast bars also? Maybe you'd get more out of them than the shake, at least you'll feel like you are eating something because you get to chew it! LOL!

Part of the reason I go so low, is because on weekend I tend to end up hight - 1800ish, so I try and make up for it elsewhere. I bought some of the bars today, im going to try one for lunch tomorrow... im not JUST having that, im having veggies or something with them... cuz thats what it says on the box. ALSO im only doing one a day, not two like recommend, so I have a nice large breakfast, two snacks (3 if I feel I need it after dinner), and a nice dinner.

I told myself, if I can make 130 by my birthday, im buying myself something nice, probably a nice piece of jewerly, so I can look at it and think about how hard I worked... the only problem with that is I have a lot of jewerly! lol but I want something tanizite, like a nice ring... or a maybe a diamond pendant? I'm not sure, but I have to make goal for my birthday! well Ill probably buy myself something nice either way... haha

I haven't really rewarded myself thus far... other then new clothes but I kinda had too.... after 50 pounds stuff starts falling off, lol

Wide in Winnipeg
01-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Yep, 50ish pounds sure makes a difference! LOL! I have jammies that are size 1X and they won't stay up! LOL!
My friend that lives by you has this awesome ring made out of firestone, I think it was either made in Naniamo or in Powell River, it's awesome! There is a woman who makes them herself,I'm going to send him a cheque to have one made for myself!
Your doing great Courtnie!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-02-2007, 09:28 PM
*yawn* well, just waiting for Miami Ink to start at 9 then I'm off to bed! I hope I feel better tomorrow, I hate being sick!
Catch ya all then!

JasonsLea
01-03-2007, 01:12 AM
Welcome Yoda! I wanted to thank you for trying to beat this young. I wish I had started when I was your age.

Courtnie ~ I was thinking of adding Slimfast to my plan too. Probably a shake for breakfast ya know? I try to eat every three hours so I should be okay.

ArtsyGirl
01-03-2007, 09:15 AM
:running:Good morning everybody!!!

It looks like all of us had a great day yesterday.:cheer2: I'm happy to report that this morning the scale read 149. Much easier to handle than over 150. (I know that 2 pounds isn't that much of a difference, but I was freaking over being in the 150's again!:crazy: )

Anyways, I finished a 3 mile run and walked another 1.5 for my exercise this morning. Its a bit brisk, but considering what a normal January would be, it was nice. The hot shower sure was a great reward at the end, it got me warmed up again.

100%-Welcome to the group. I think you'll like it here. I'm impressed with your 4.0 GPA goal. You go girl!!

Becky-nice to have you join us.

OK all this talk of Scotland and great vacations makes me want to have another big one planned. Hubby hasn't even mentioned when we might be able to take another, so I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up. Hubby's family is from England so I'm sure somedya we'll do an England/Scotland trip, but whenever we start planning, a nice warm beach seems to win out.

I've got a question for all of you. I need some ideas for healthy lunches. I am usually at home for lunch so prep is not that much of a problem except for the fact that I'm a terrible cook. I need some good ideas to help keep me on track.

Courtnie-how did you figure out how many calories you need in order to lose? I get so confused with calories, in the past I've just used portion control and staying away from lots of sugar, but I want to understand this better.

OK, have a great one!

Rosario
01-03-2007, 10:23 AM
brandy - a quick and easy lunch is a turkey wrap. smear cream cheese on a flour tortilla, fill with lots of turkey and lettuce. voila!! you can even ad avocado. I love these and have em all the time. to make it healthier you can substitute a regular tortilla for whole wheat or a herb wrap.

so I binged big time when I got home last night. what a way to waste a workout. but I'm glad I finished all that candy. now I don't have anything to stuff my face with when I get home. I'll actually be going to the gym to try to work off my breakfast from McD's. No ifs, ands, or buts...I'm getting my butt to the gym and doing an hour on the elliptical and the treadmill.

have a good one gals!

sotypical
01-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Brandy (and everyone else who is intrested) - this is what I go by for calories
http://nutrition.about.com/library/bl_nutrition_guide.htm

baglynn
01-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Day 3 and 2 lbs less. Suprised by the quick weight loss, but it just makes me realize how many calories I was consuming before...A LOT!!!

Brandy...I'm not much of a cook either, the easier, the better. For lunch I like to make turkey sandwiches with slice of cheese and yogurt with Kashi cereal (gives it crunch and fiber). Otherwise a salad...but the prebagged salad, throw a little cheese on there, a few croutons, ff dressing and I'm good. (Natural Ovens has high fiber breads that aren't too bad that I use for sandwiches.)

sotypical
01-03-2007, 02:30 PM
so there is a chance I might get to go to Hawaii in April.... damit weight, COME OFF FASTER!!!!!

although... one of my last trips to hawaii I spent a week in the hospital and got my appendix out... lost 10 pounds or so! lol

ArtsyGirl
01-03-2007, 02:45 PM
:flow2: Courtnie that would be so awesome!!! Plus, your appendix is gone so the hospital should be a thing of the past. Thanks for the calorie site. It helped me figure out a decent range to stay healthy yet hopefully lose.

Guess what I just did. I COOKED!!!:stir:

I made a mushroom/spinach soup and packed it into daily serving sizes and put some in the fridge and some in the freezer. I am actually planning lunches! I even bought some whole wheat wraps and some turkey, tomatoes, mozzarella, ff cream cheese, green peppers and onions to stuff them with. I even sauted up the peppers and onion and put them in a seperate container in the fridge. Thanks for all the great ideas. I'd love to hear some more if you've got em. Maybe I'm turning over a new leaf:dunno: .

Ro-don't punish yourself over your breakfast. I know you can be better for the rest of the day. Make sure you get your gym time in and you'll feel lots better.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Hi! Feeling like crapola still today but it's not going to stop me! LOL!Haven't lost an ounce, actually up 3 lbs, cricky!! AF shows up this weekend so I'm guessing another 3 lbs there too! Yikes!Always gain between 4-8 lbs this time of month, so I don't count it as a gain or a loss.
I'll be back later ladies!

sotypical
01-03-2007, 03:07 PM
brandy - all that sounds yummy, can I come to your house? haha

love2bthin
01-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Hi ya girls!
I'm having a crappy day! I feel like poo and I just ate 4 cocolates! I just couldn't help myself. I just don't know where my will power is. I did just get my little visitor(sorry tmi) and all I want to do is eat chocolate! I did keep myself from buying a snickers at the gas station but I did by smokes and I had only had 2 since NYE. :mad: Dieting,trying to stop smoking, and old aunt Flo! It's just to much for one girl to deal with!!!

I have been drinking my water today and have done much better with my meals today except for the chocolates. And I plan on making baked chick tonight or broiled salmon. If I make the chick I promise I pitch the skin!:p

Brandy~ That soup sounds wonderful!

Rosario~ the wrap is exactly what I had yesterday except no cream cheese and instead a bit of ranch dressing. Isn't cream cheese really high in fat?

Wide in Winnipeg~(sorry don't know your name) So sorry your feeling crappy ! But I think I understand right where your coming from!:hug:

Have a great evening gals! I am hoping my hubby will take a walk with me later it is in the 50's here and pretty nice out.

Colleen

sotypical
01-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Colleen - I use cream cheese all the time. I usually use light tho (to save on calories) - 2grams of fat for 1 tbsp is nothing. Mind you, I don't follow a low fat diet... I believe in fat!!

sotypical
01-03-2007, 04:58 PM
I just had one of them slim fast meal bars... it wasn't that good... but anyway, ill finish the box off and not buy those again! haha

the shakes are good, like chocolate milk... mmmmm
the sad thing is... chocolate milk has less calories... anyway, I guess its got vitiams and what not... I think ill finish this stuff all up and go back to normal! cuz I can have a salmon burger (found them at costco last night) for less calories and more protien! but I hate to waste all this stuff I bought! mind you I guess it wont go bad, and its good for something quick....

Wide in Winnipeg
01-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Wide in Winnipeg~(sorry don't know your name) So sorry your feeling crappy ! But I think I understand right where your coming from!:hug:

My name is Wendy! LOL!

When I have wraps I just use salad fixins' with deli meats or tuna with a little italien dressing ,FF of course!

sotypical
01-03-2007, 08:32 PM
someone was talking about thai food and now I got the worst craving! those jerks! lol

Wide in Winnipeg
01-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Oh thanks alot Courtnie! Now I'm craving it! LOL!Pad Thai! Pad Thai! Yum!!
I had some homemade soup tonight so I'm full!Now all I have to do is get rid of this cold and I'll be happy!

sotypical
01-03-2007, 11:20 PM
I asked the boyfriend if we could get thai... he said no... so we had grilled cheese and soup!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-03-2007, 11:22 PM
well ladies, time for bed soon,need some drugs then lala land.
Good night!

ArtsyGirl
01-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Hi ya-no walk this morning. I actually slept in. I will do a turbokick workout as soon as I get some coffee into my system. Gotta put off the headache.

My soup was decent yesterday. I usually only like the really fattening cream based soups. This one had a little skim milk in it but wasn't my usual. I liked the spinach in it. Gave it a nice thick texture and added a bit of taste.

I dont have alot planned for today. My students dont come back til next week so I'm still partially on vacation-had a choir rehersal last night. I need to pick up a birthday present for my sis's bf and might go look at a doggie with her later this afternoon. (Shes found a chihuaua at the animal control she may rescue instead of searching for a boston terrier).

My scale still has me below 150 this morning, so I'm having a good day. 2 days back on plan and going well. Unfortunately the 3rd day of getting back on track is usually the most difficult for me. I can do this, right?

Hope you're all starting the day in a good way.

Rosario
01-04-2007, 10:09 AM
baglynn - great job on your loss so far!!!

courtnie - I would love to go to Hawaii....actually, I'd love to go anywhere near the beach. I'm a sucker for beaches. Why don't u use your slim fast products as snacks??

love2bethin - you can use lower fat cream cheese if you want. I don't watch my fat intake too much. there's 50 cals in 1 T of regular cream cheese. and 1 T goes a long way. Hang in there and take it one day at a time. You can do this!

Wendy - how dare you mention Pad Thai here!!! lol Hope your feeling better today.

Brandy - Day 3 is going to be a piece of cake, right?? Being below 150 should be incentive enough for you to keep on moving forward. You can do it!!

I joined weight watchers yesterday. let's see how that goes. I'm not too sure though because yesterday I already used almost all of my flex points. lol Now I really need to watch how much I eat this week. The thing that I like and that will probably help push me the most is the weekly weigh-ins. I don't want anybody to see how much I gain, I wanna show them how much I can lose. So hopefully, this will get me on the right track (plus I'd be throwing away 40 bucks a month if I don't get anything out of this.)

I had planned to not go to the gym last nite...I was sooo lazy. But then I got mad at my bf and started listening to my ipod and I suddenly got the urge to workout. I'm glad I did. I felt way better after I got home from the gym. I worked out my frustrations and cleared my head and felt great.

Well, today is Day #2 on ww. Wish me luck!

Have a great day everyone.

JasonsLea
01-04-2007, 11:10 AM
WELCOME TO WEIGHT WATCHERS RO!!!! YAY! WW rocks, you just have to stick with it, and it's not hard to stick with, BELIEVE ME!

Mornin everyone. Got my first workout of the year yesterday. Went to Walmart this morning and brought a magazine to take today. It'll be later on though cause I have to go to my brother's school and fix his schedule before they go back on Monday.

canadian mom
01-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Well I got some exercises in yesterday and my butt hurts(aside from cardio).lol.These exercises r the ones I stopped doing over the holidays. I got cardio in today and I think I will try to get a walk in on the gazelle tonoght. I am still snacking alittle too much but the junk is almost gone and I am doing better in the afternoon ,not as well as I want to but better(baby steps).

BarrieMomof2
01-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Morning ladies!

Havent checked in for a bit, but thought I needed to this morning.

Finally the sun is shining here...its been so dull and grey for weeks and the last couple day we finally get to see the sun. Makes you feel so much better when its nice outside!!
Havent done any cardio yet today...been dealing with cranky kids this morning. But I will get it in this afternoon.
I was so proud of myself yesterday!! I got in 20 minutes on the bike!!! Before the longest I could do was 12 minutes....(early last week 5 minutes and I was out of breath). I really had to push to get the last couple minutes, but it was so worth it!!!

Got on the scale this morning and hoping that workout helped, cause I was down 1 lb!!!:carrot:
Wasnt sure cause earlier this week I went up 4lbs after losing 5, but I had just started to increase my water intake....so hoping its all sorted out now! So now I am down 6 total since Christmas!!!!!! :carrot:
Makes you really motivated to keep going.

Have a great day everyone!!! :hug: We can do this together!!! :hug:

Anne

sotypical
01-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Rosario - I think for the slim fast, Im going to do it for a week and then eat lunches and then do it for a week... I'll see how it goes. Its not that I get that hungry, I just have a craving for real food! lol Congrats on the weight watchers and gym! hope it all works out for you! I love the weight watchers veggies soup!

baglynn
01-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Hello Everyone!

Anne...AWESOME job on the cardio...you are making great progress...baby steps and don't give up!!! You've seen progress already, going from 5 minutes to 20...that is GREAT...keep it up!!!

What are your thoughts on calories everyone? According to the link that Courtnie gave, if I excercise 30 minutes a day, I should reach my goal by intaking almost 2700 per day. The last 2 days I have had 1400 and 1100 per day. Is it true that you can slow down your metabolism if you go too low? I am at half or more than I should be...doesn't seem right.

What are everyone's thoughts??? :?:

Rosario
01-04-2007, 02:36 PM
shari - thanks! Looks like I'll have u as a support buddy. way to go on the workout!

canadian mom - way to hang in there!!!

anne - great job on the exercise. pretty soon you'll be up to an hour on the bike and it'll be a piece of cake. Keep it up!

I'm so glad I'm not counting calories anymore....it looks so confusing. I think its easier to stick with counting points.

sotypical
01-04-2007, 02:56 PM
baglynn - I definatly think you should be eating more! You are eating the same or less then me and weigh a lot more then I did. When I was around 200 and exercising for an hour a day, I was eating about 2000 a day, I surely think you can get away with at leat that! Eat more! I find I didn't lose when I was eating too little.

Rosario - The problem I had with points counting, was trying to figure out how many points were in what I was eating. Lugging around my points book and points finder and all that - least calories are all written right on the package, haha. But I do think weight watchers is a great program and hope you find luck in that :)

Rosario
01-04-2007, 03:01 PM
courtnie - the finding out point values is a big hassle, so I'm really planning out what I'm going to eat. todays lunch was so not planned, so now I have to make up for it at dinner. and there's all these awesome resources that help you calculate the points. so that makes it a lot easier.

baglynn - i say you experiment with your calorie intake. see what keeps you fueled and happy and see if you can lose on that. adjust the amount to your specific needs.

sotypical
01-04-2007, 03:07 PM
I do see that a lot of foods now put the points, like smart ones and lean cusins and there are all the weight watchers food! that stuff was just coming out when I did weight wacthers... I did it right around Christmas last year - it didnt last, haha

Wide in Winnipeg
01-04-2007, 03:17 PM
H everyone! Popping in quick, not feeling to spry right now so I'm going to go to bed and read, have a good day!

hsmomx2
01-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Rosario congrats on joining weight watchers and getting your workout done at the gym. Let me know how you like it.

JasonsLea glad you were able to workout. How long have you been doing weight watchers?

BarrieMomof2 Down 6 pounds since Christmas Wow! That's great!

Courtnie thanks for the link. I had been there back in October but lost the web site. So I made sure I bookmarked it this time.

Canadianmom I hope your aches are gone. I still need to get to the gym for my first workout of the year. I think kids and I may be well enough to go now. Ds still just has a little sniffle. Dd is fine and even doing her school work in a timely manner. I feeling better from my upper respiratory infection, but my energy level is shot.

ArtsyGirl I noticed you talked about your students. What grade do you teach? I hope your headache went away. Third days always seem to hard on me too. Hang in there.

Wendy I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Right now I dont have a "diet" plan. I'm just working on controling my portions and making better food choices. I seem to have drink water down. I don't know if I could do a diet per say. I've played around with counting calories but it's hard to do when I'm making dinner for the family. I've just wondering if my diet is the reason I've been stuck at this plateau so long. I guess I'll go to the gym and workout and weigh. I just hope I've not gained any from the holidays and being sick for almost two weeks.

sotypical
01-04-2007, 08:05 PM
omg, I am IN LOVE! I just ate a slim fast peanut butter crunch snack bar that tastes like a crispy crunch and only 130 cals! ill be buying these again!!!!

BarrieMomof2
01-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Its officially been a week since I started so I am just hoping the scale keeps going down! Kinda suprised at the big loss for the first week though.....but I'm not complaining!

Courtnie - I checked out the link you gave, but maybe its cause I'm new to all this but I put in all my info and it came out with somewhere close to 2600 calories a day...maybe its me but that seems like an awful lot of calories....but I've been only doing this a little while so I dont know. I was going by the ***********.com site about how many calories I should be having per day, so may have to look into it a bit more :)

Wendy - I hope you get some rest tonight and feel much better tomorrow!

Have a great night everyone....of to use the bike!!:carrot:

Anne

sotypical
01-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Anne - 2600 sounds about right to me, you might want to lower a bit if your not exercising, but that site breaks it all down for you nicely. When I was about 200 I could eat 1800-2000 cals a day, exercised for 1 hour and was losing 2.2 pounds a week - you should easily be able to eat at least 2000... but everyone is different :)

Wide in Winnipeg
01-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Well ladies an unproductive day here, just waiting for Ryan to show me a sleepy sign and we're going to bed, I'm half asleep as it is!Hope to be feeling better tomorrow! G'night, sweet dreams!

ArtsyGirl
01-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Happy Friday everybody! The scale is still below 150 so I'm starting another happy day. It's been raining here all night so I again slept in but now I'm debating going out for a run. It seems to be just misting at the moment. I'll look at a weather map before I decide. Todays exercise will be either a run or a turbokick workout.

Wendy-sure hope today dawns to you feeling better.

Anne-Congratulations on getting through your first week!! You are doing wonderful!

Courtnie-any snack with peanut butter is usually a winner for me.

hsmom-Hope your gym visit went well. I lost a bunch of weight by portion control and choosing healthier foods. The reason I'm actually doing a bit of calorie counting is so when I reach maintenance again I'll have a better idea of how to do that step. I teach private piano lessons. I teach anywhere from 5 yo's to adults.

cmom-good job on the exercise. You're well on your way to being back on track.

Ro-Congrats on WW. That combined with the gym membership is awesome. You're doing great. How did your dinner go? Did you stay within your points?

Shari-Congrats on the workout. You sure have a lot of responsibilities with your siblings. Your mom is so lucky to have you!

Well yesterday I did stay on track so I'm on to day 4 and feeling pretty good. I even sat and watched my sis and neice eat reeses peanut butter cups yesterday and didn't even WANT one. (That is somewhat unprecedented for me!) OK, I'm off to do some planning. Hope you all have a terrific dayl

sotypical
01-05-2007, 01:23 PM
TGIF!!!!

I dont wanna be at work :( I wanted to stay in bed today - I got up and exercised anyway though.

love2bthin
01-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Hi ya Gals!
Today has been a great day so far! Ate a good breakfast, ate a good lunch, and drank 1/4 gallon of water. Have to exercise tho.:o I just haven't been able to get the motivation. Hopefully once my husband goes back to work i'll be able to get a workout in my sched. With him being at home things are crazy and we have no real order to our lives. He has no ides how hectic he makes things. Oh well!
Yesterday was aweful! I ate 2 brownies and 2 servings of spagetti. I was bummed and I ate. It sucked!!! And then I was even more bummed becase I pigged out.:( But at least today is better.

Courtnie~ Sorry you had to go to work! But great job on getting a workout in!
Anne~My buddy! Great job on being down 6lbs. WOOHOO!!!!

Ro~ Good job on joining weight watchers!!! I have really been wanting to but I have no sitter for my baby!

hsmom~ I am just like you. No real diet plan as yet but I'm trying to watch the portions and what i am putting in my mouth. I know exactly what you mean about counting calories while making meals for a family. It's hard and just can't seem to do it.

Good luck everyone! Hope you'll have a great day!
Colleen

Rosario
01-05-2007, 02:13 PM
hey guys!!!

courtnie - i wanted to stay in too!! we're having tornado and severe weather warnings. it's so dark and ugly outside. today would've been the perfect day to stay in and sleep under the covers.

I have been doing really bad with my eating lately. I have been working out though. it's only been 30 minutes, but I feel that those 30 min. have been very productive (i'm a bit sore here). I wonder if its ok if my weekly points average a certain number. I'd have to ask at the next meeting.

well, I'm downloading music right now so i'll chat with you later!!

Rosario
01-05-2007, 02:14 PM
colleen - y not try the ww at home? i think it is more expensive than going to the movies, but you should give it a looksie.

canadian mom
01-05-2007, 03:36 PM
well i caved today . at the grocerie store today Laura Secord chocolates were on half price so I bought 2 boxes and ate half a one after lunch (wich is 10 pieces of chocolate)so don't feel bad Colleen, we all do it from time to time (some more often like me lol). Right after thought I worked oput a half hour on my gazelle so I burned around 350 of my 605 calories I consumed. I am gonna try to get on it agaim tonight.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-05-2007, 03:47 PM
HI girls, I'm still sick here so I'm going to try and have a nap. Catch ya later.

Rosario
01-05-2007, 04:22 PM
colleen - y not try the ww at home? i think it is more expensive than going to the movies, but you should give it a looksie.

I meant meetings not "movies" :dizzy: lol

wendy - we need you here woman. get better soon!!!

canadian mom - chocolate = the :devil: but it's only a minor setback. hang in there.

colllen - yeah my bf throws my workouts out of whack too. but I've learned that I don't have to be with him 24/7 and I can go off and do my own thing. Goodluck on getting your workouts in.

brandy - yay for the scale being below 150. :carrot:

I'm having thoughts of going out to eat at a greasy, fast food place after work. Mind over matter, mind over matter..........

ArtsyGirl
01-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Hi gals, I'm having a crappy afternoon. I had to have a "emergency" dr. appt. because of a spell I had yesterday, and now have 2 more next week. One with a specialist and then a follow up. I dont know how to feel other than really freaking scared. I'm trying my best not to turn to food but I'm not sure I'll make it.

sotypical
01-05-2007, 04:59 PM
i just spent the last couple hours re-doing keikos site, lol

ive been trying to get my sister to spend the night at my house for MONTHS or at least come over and watch a movie, make cookies, something and she never wants too, I'm starting to think she doesnt like me :( my mom says its cuz karden makes her unconfortable, but hes not there! im kinda depressed about this - almost crying, how stupid is that!

Rosario
01-05-2007, 05:22 PM
brandy - :hug: awww, hang in there girlie. hopefully its not that serious. you know God is looking out for you. If you need to indulge just a little bit, go ahead (but just a little bit). Be strong!!

courtnie - y don't u talk to her about it?

sotypical
01-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Rosario - I tried just now, she was on msn and I told her I knew that she was uncomfortable and all that, asked her if she wanted to come over tonight cuz karden wont be there... so goes "ill ask" i told her i wanted her to come because she wants to and not to make me happy and then she goes, "I do so like you, mom told me that you dont think I do" and then I said "i know" and she logged off.... little brat

Anyway I am kinda upset, but whatever... im not asking anymore - this is like the 10th time in 3 weeks

Rosario
01-05-2007, 05:30 PM
how old is she???

sotypical
01-05-2007, 05:31 PM

Rosario
01-05-2007, 05:47 PM
nevermind, i thot she was in her teens, you know how akward teens are!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Brandy~ Gosh, I hope everything is ok! Let us know how everything goes!
Ro~ I'm here with my box of kleenex and Dristan nasal mist! Happy? LOL!
Courtnie~ How old is your sis?
So I got my results on the CT scan and it all came out negative! Although I am being referred to a neurologist because something just ain't right in my noggin, to many dizzy spells and such. At least we know it's not a tumor!
My exercise for the day will be 10 mins on the bike and grocery shopping, should drain all my energy doing that.
Tonight I'm getting the humidifier going to help me out and going to bed as early as I can. Food wise I'm right on target, and the water is going down well also. I want to exercise but can't do a thing without having to blow my nose!BLAH
Someone might have to give me a kick in the buttocks when I'm feeling better! LOL! These lazy days are quite nice! LOL!

canadian mom
01-05-2007, 06:13 PM
courtney~ it may be the age my step-daughter is like that she wants to stay home around her friends and sister. Whe my husband stops over to see her at her moms she just says hi and runs upstairs to continue doing whatever it was she was doing.

Wendy~ I hope they figure out whats going on with u

well the doctor told my sister it looks like she may have a miscarriage but if she takes it easy and babies herself until the spotting stops she may be able to stop it. we are hoping for the best. She will be devestated if she miscarries. This will be a long 2 months for her it is all she can think off. This really puts perpective on me whinning about my extra 4 pounds.

sotypical
01-05-2007, 06:31 PM
im just gonng stop asking her... this was her last chance anyway (for now) my boyfriend goes back to day shifts after tonight (thank god!!)

canadian mom > I hope everything with your sister turns out okay! give her a hug for us!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-05-2007, 06:35 PM
CM~ AWW, all the best to your sis, that's so sad,I hope everything goes ok.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-05-2007, 06:37 PM
I think the drugs have kicked in, I missed some of the posts! LOL
I need a nice warm bed but I need food more so the shopping wins tonight.

JasonsLea
01-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Congratulations Anne!

HSMom ~ Thanks. I've been on and off WW for over a year. I need to get totally refocused so I can start kicking this weight's ***.

Thanks Brandy! My mama is busy (and stressed!) enough with work, school, and running a household that includes a teen with an attitude (lil sister), a preteen who does just...stupid stuff sometimes (lil bro), a husband, a grown daughter (me) who just tries to disappear, two dogs, and a snotty cat! And that's just the family who live here. Let's not get into my stepfather's family. I feel like I don't do anything for her so I try to help when I'm sure I'm going to do more good than harm.

Ro ~ Dude, they had the tornado warnings in Atlanta too?! Man, I got woken up at 4 in the morning by the sirens. In hindsight it was a good thing since I have to get up around that time anyway to get ready for work but I was SO not appreciating it this morning! It was horrible storming over here and I was this close to staying my behind home but my mama was going to work so I had no excuse not to go.

Courtnie, who's Karden?

Brandy, I hope you are going to be okay. :(

Wendy, so happy it's not a tumor!

CM ~ Hope your sister is alright.

canadian mom
01-05-2007, 07:29 PM
The world must be coming to an end his daughter is coming over tonight. She hasn't been at our place since we moved here. I haven't seen her in about a year.

Thanks everybody~ just keep hoping for the best

Wide in Winnipeg
01-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Ro~ NO GREASY FOOD!

sotypical
01-05-2007, 07:36 PM
shari - karden is my bf

JasonsLea
01-05-2007, 07:40 PM
CM ~ How old is his daughter? Does she not like you or something? :(

Courtnie ~ Does your sister not like Karden? If she feels uncomfortable, don't push it. It might hurt, but if you push, it will seriously backfire. My mom pushed my stepfather on me and it's been over a freakin decade and I still don't like him.

sotypical
01-05-2007, 07:47 PM
I don't think its that she doesnt like him, in fact I think she does like him... I guess she just doesnt like spending time with him and I understand that... my point is... everytime I have asked her to do something, HES NOT THERE! lol And if she does see him, it would be for 5 minutes! so its kinda upsetting.

JasonsLea
01-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Hmmm....:chin: ...well maybe...just maybe now, don't kill me!...she might have a lil crush on him? she might just want to be around when he's around. you said she's 11 right?

sotypical
01-05-2007, 07:53 PM
no, she doesnt want to me be around when hes around.. I dunno
i thought i would give it one more shot, i called and asked my mom if she thought she would like to go dinner tonight and my mom said probably not
so whatever

so I am going to spend my friday night working on my dogs website... and chatting on msn if anyone comes online, lol

on the bright side, ill eat heathier then if i went out! haha

maybe ill even do MORE exercise... but prob not, i dont eat enough calories for that

JasonsLea
01-05-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm sorry Courtnie. But I have to say it's nice to meet another big sister who tries to spend time with the lil sibs. :)

sotypical
01-05-2007, 08:08 PM
its all good, i never tried to spend time with her when i lived with her... so its my own fault i guess, lol

JasonsLea
01-05-2007, 09:19 PM
ROFLMAO! I'm the same way with my lil sister....except for she's 17 and a pain in the ***! But I do love spending time with my lil brother who's 12.

sotypical
01-05-2007, 09:27 PM
maybe when she gets a bit older she will wanna hang out more

JasonsLea
01-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Well I'm not interested into she's more mature. Is it wrong that I feel like I love my little brother more than my little sister? My brother can be a pain but it's a regular, kid brother pain you know? My sister is just.....grrr! I could go on and on about that girl.

sotypical
01-05-2007, 10:13 PM
my mom is on her way to pick me up... that means im going to be eating pizza for dinner :( its not a huge deal but I had such a good week!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-06-2007, 12:05 AM
Hi everyone! I just spent $20 bucks on stuff called Cold FX to try and kill this cold I have, anyone hear of it? Does it work?
Well, taking that and going to bed!
Courtnie~ Did you blot the pizza? I love pizza!
Guess it'll be a little quiet here for the weekend, let's hope we all stick to it! Weekends are hard for all of us it seems!
Chat tomorrow!

sotypical
01-06-2007, 01:24 AM
I only ate two NORMAL size slices (tried to pick some of the smaller ones - and if it was big I cut it) - I did blot it a bit. AND I had salad... i think I did okay, 600 cals or so I figure

ArtsyGirl
01-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Good morning everybody. Boy it sure seems like a bunch of us had a pretty terrible day yesterday.

Courtnie-I hope things between you and your sis can eventually get resolved. I'm blessed that my sis is really my best friend, but that hasn't always been the case. SO, it still may happen between the two of you. All you can do is try to deal with the hurt and stay open for when she has a change of heart.

CM-I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I do hope things end well. How did the visit go? Hope things went great for your family.

Wendy-How did the Cold FX work? I've never tried it. I sure hope you're feeling better.

Shari-hang in there, I know at different times of my life I've felt closer to one sibling over another. It seem like we just go through some issues at the same time and have more in common sometimes. Right now I'm not so close to my brother, but that has a lot to do with him living 3 states away and only seeing him maybe once a year.

Well, I'm calmed down a bit but still worried. On Thursday I lost the vision in my right eye. It only lasted for about 1 minute and wasn't accompanied by anything else, but that combined with the severe headache I've had for the past month made me go to the dr. Of course he didn't say much and I have an appt with a specialist on Mon. for pressure tests and a very thorough eye exam. I got freaked out by the list of "possibilities" the dr. went through. I'm trying to not think about it but of course that's not working either. Just keep me in your thoughts please.

sotypical
01-06-2007, 12:35 PM
As for my sister, I did end up going to her house last night and watched a movie with my family - we didnt spend direct time together, but least I got to see her! and she got to torture my dog (well so did I, lol)

Wide in Winnipeg
01-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Brandy~ Scary stuff, could it be from migraines? Or maybe what they thought I had (mini strokes), I had that happen to me on one occasion and it lasted 40 mins. I hope everything is fine.
I took the Cold FX last night and feel better today, still coughing but better.
Going to clean up the house today and take RJ outside on his sled for a while, I think he'll like that!And it'll be good exercise for me too!
Chat soon!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Wow, is it ever quiet here today! Going to get groceries again tonight, last night we went to Walmart and spent $75 bucks on what seems like nothing!
Now I have to get some veggies and fruit and all the good stuff!
I'll check in before bed time!

BarrieMomof2
01-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Well today actually started off well. I got to sleep in until 8:30am.....which has been a LONG TIME since I've slept that long.
By the time I got the baby a bottle, got the older one some breakfast, dressed it was time to give the little one some cereal. Then had to get him dressed and ready to go out. Had some grocery shopping to do today as our stores had some great deals on. Didn't get out of the house until almost 10:45! Still hadnt eaten, but wanted to go out before the stores got too busy! Well they were already busy! Finally got all the shopping done and we stopped to get something to eat. I was starving and ended up having a burger and fried.....:o I had been so good, and then had that for lunch. I was so mad at myself after I got home.

But tonight ended up redeeming myself with dinner. Had chicken with salad in a Whole Wheat Pita.

Ah oh well, one meal aint gonna kill me. Plus I just have to get back on track for tomorrow.

Off to watch our local OHL hockey team on TV....our captain was on the Canadian Junior team that won gold yesterday! :carrot:

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!

Anne

canadian mom
01-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Brandi~ i hope all turns out ok for you.

Well the visit went really well with my step-daughter. The girls (well the older 3 went to a movie while the hubby and babies and I shopped). Bad news my sister lost the baby last night. She has to wait 2 cycles and try again I am keeping my fingers crossed for her. She was in a lot of physical pain yesterday but her spirit isn't broke. She says at least she knows she CAN get pregnant so now it is a wait and see.

Courtnie~ that's trap her so she has no choice lol. My sister used to drive me nuts (7 years younger than me) now we are best friends. We tell each other everything so there is hope.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-06-2007, 11:08 PM
CM~ Sorry for your families loss, God does work in mysterious ways though!
Anne~ Yep, one bad meal ain't gunna hurt none!

canadian mom
01-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Even with all the chocolate I have been eating the past days i am down a pound.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Yippee!!! Good for you!
I'm not checking my weight this week because of AF, I hope to be down a pound by next week though!
I'm making lasagna tonight for dinner, a request from my company thats coming. This is so going to suck and be delicious at the same time! LOL!

canadian mom
01-07-2007, 02:30 PM
sorry forgot to say thanks Wendy . I think she may try again in 2 cycles.

hsmomx2
01-07-2007, 03:01 PM
canadianmom- I'm sorry to hear about your family's loss.

Brandy-I hope you get to feeling better and that you are able to find out what caused the vision problem.

Courtnie-Glad you got to spend some time with your sister. I remember reaching out to my sister when I moved out from home. I even let her drive my car when she was learning. She wrecked it! We still talked but we did grow that much closer until after she moved out and finished her first two years of college. My little sister is the baby of the family and it took her a little longer to mature. I've also been closer to my brother but we're closer in age too. It will work out.

Wendy I'm glad your feeling better.

Weekend are hard on me. We usually go to the mil's. I couldn't ask for a better mil but I'm a picky. I'll only drink bottled water not tap. The food over there is not that healthy. It didn't help that I skipped breakfast yesterday and ate two sandwiches for dinner. So how I managed to hurt my left shoulder blade. Dh and I think it's a pulled muscle. Gee, did it hurt yesterday and it's still pretty sore today. Well, I've got to get going mil wants us to come over so this time I'm going to take the laundry. (It beats going to the laundry mat again.)

sotypical
01-07-2007, 03:05 PM
CM - so sorry to hear about your sister :( I always believe that they happen for a reason, even though it is so heart breaking. My mom had one after she had me, she believe it was her 'punishment' so to speak for the abortion she had when she was a teenage - she never thought of it as a bad thing, she just took it as was.

So I have MORE motivation to meet my goal for the end of July. Mid august Karden and I are going to Ontario to visit his dad (and his girlfriend) and i want to be at goal by then, it will be a year since I seen them (when we go - his dad might come visit sooner tho... hard to say) and I would really like to be at goal by then (and 50 pounds lighter since last visit, haha) also we will probably send some time with his girlfriend kids, and they are skinny teenage girls, haha.

I am starting to think I might keep my goal at 130, but aim for 120 - but I'll see!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Courtnie~ are you driving over to Ontario? You can always stop in and say "HI" here in Winnipeg if you do! That would be cool! LOL!

sotypical
01-08-2007, 01:24 PM
we will be flying to ontario

Wide in Winnipeg
01-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Wow is it quiet here today!
Brandy~ How are you feeling Hun?
Well, I have to work off that lasagna from yesterday, I did well enough with it, didnt go crazy! LOL!
Laundry day here so I better get that started! Catch ya later ladies!

ArtsyGirl
01-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Hi gals,

My dr. appt this morning was weird. There is something wrong with one of my optic nerves. I really dont understand what and I'm not sure what it means. I have to have a bunch of tests run and then go back in 4 weeks for more testing from him. The tests will all be to make sure I didn't have a stroke. When I go back to him, he's doing more specific eye tests. I guess the fact that I dont have to go back to him for 4 weeks is a little comforting. By then hopefully everything else will be ruled out and we can focus more on what has already been found.

Cmom-I'm so sorry for your familys loss. I wish you abundant comfort during this time.

ArtsyGirl
01-08-2007, 04:02 PM
sorry, I hit the wrong button.

Anyways, thankds for all the thoughts and prayers. Please keep them going until this is resolved. It is very scary.

Wendy-I had lasagna yesterday too. It was veggie lasagna w/ whole wheat noodles so I tried to make it healthy. I LOVE it!!!!

Courtnie-Cool extra trip. I'm sure you'll make it to your goal in time for your visit. You've been going along so well. I'm glad you got to spend some time with your family. They can drive you insane, but they are very important.

hsmom-hope your trip to MIL was nice. It is hard to eat healthy when visiting others. For me it is hardest when visiting my parents. They never have ANYTHING healthy on hand and if we bring something they kinda get this weird look on their face and never try any of it.

Anne-good job stopping a bad meal at one. They usually have a way of stringing together into a few days of bad choices for me. You sure have your hands full in the morning! I can't even imagine.

Well, I'm down 4 POUNDS from last week. I'm sure it'll be less of a loss this week, but hopefully I'll still get a loss for the week.

Have a good one today!

sotypical
01-08-2007, 06:09 PM
I just finished applying for another puppy... eeeeeee so nervous!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Take care of yourself Brandy!
Good Luck Courtnie!
All of a sudden I feel sad and lonely, this sucks, good thing it only lasts a day or so when this happens. The joys of being single.
On a brighter note I'm going to go to the store and buy Ryan some new bins for his toys, nothing makes me happier than spending money! LOL!

Rosario
01-08-2007, 07:19 PM
brandy - hang in there. i know it must be killing u to not know what's wrong with you. I hope its nothing bad. you're in my prayers.

wendy - :hug: we all get a little lonely sometimes. heck, I do and I'm with my bf 24/7. I'm guessing that FX stuff worked??

courtnie - glad u got to spend some time w/ ur sis. we all have to make compromises...maybe one day she'll be the one to go visit u. Yay for new Pups. I'm wondering if Keiko will be jealous.

hsmomx2 - there's nothing like going over to MIL's house so she can fatten you up. mine does with yummy colombian food. at least you get your laundry done while ur at it lol.

I'll have to do personals tom. my comp is acting up rite now.

just got my wo done. woo hoo!! i'm bak on track after a weekend of indulging and no exercise. shoot i better be back. I have got an official wi on wed. and I don't want my boss to lose more than me. haha nothing like a little competition to put u bak in ur place.

have a great nite!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Ro~ The Cold FX stuff is unbelievable! I feel great!

Now to actually get some hardcore exercise in and I'll be feeling FANTASTIC, but I'm lazy, kick in the butt over here please!!!!

BarrieMomof2
01-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Well the weekend was not particularly great. I don't know why, but weekends seem to be the worst for me. Its so hard to stick to healthy eating when my hubby is around and always wanting to eat out! But I love him anyways!:hug:

Today I started doing the strength training portion of my plan. It went well except for the push ups! That was H_LL!!! I only got in one set of reps in with that one, but I did well on the others. It was so funny cause I was trying to do my push ups and my 2 year old kept trying to crawl underneath me thinking it was a game! It was cute. I was doing my leg lifts while laying on my side, and my son (the 2 year old) decided to lay beside me and pretend to do them too. It was priceless. If I could have gotten it on video, I would have.:D

I also started to do a Walk Away the Pounds DVD. I only did the one mile walk. But up until now I had trouble getting through the one mile walk. And I did it no problem this time!! :carrot:

I have to go out and get a new scale tomorrow. Every time I weigh myself on the one we have (its a cheapie), it says something different. Something just ain't right with it!

Tomorrow morning, I have to take my 2 year old to the hospital for a speech assessment. He still is not talking hardly at all, and my doctor suggested an assessment. Hoping he's just a late talker, but I would rather be safe and get it looked into.

Well off to get the kids into bed. Have a great night all, and an even better Tuesday!!!

Anne

Wide in Winnipeg
01-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Anne~ Thats so cute about your son exercising with you! My boy does the same thing with the ab workouts! He has a 6 pack already and he's only 3!!! LOL!
Sounds like you are doing a great job!! Keep up the good work!And keep me posted on that assesment you son is going to.

ArtsyGirl
01-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Well, I started my day with a 4 mile walk. It was supposed to include a 3 mile run, but my walking partner questioned if it was safe to run with whatever is going on with me, and then I wasn't sure, so I just walked. I'll call the dr. and ask so maybe I can run tomorrow.

With all that has been going on at least I've stayed in control of my eating. At the moment it seems like everything else is out of control. I hate that feeling so I've taken all that frustration out into overplanning my diet. I really need to lighten up.

Anne-great job getting all the exercise in. Its wonderful when we are able to finish workouts that we could barely get halfway through before. Its fun to get kids involved with what we're doing. My 3 yo neice loves to go for runs with me. She can actually go 1/2 mile and not seem bothered!!

Wendy-glad the Cold FX worked so well. Hope you got in some exercise and didn't let the lazys take control.

Ro-I'm so proud of how you've been doing on your workouts!!! I hope your WI is a good one.

Courtnie-Another puppy!!! What fun. My 2 are my limit although I still eye just about any batch of puppies I come across. My sis got a toy fox terrier. He's pretty cute.

canadian mom
01-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Anne~ that is great that you r doing so well with exercising. My son is almost 4 and has just starting building a vocabulary, at 2 he did not talk. My 2 year old talks more than he does.

Brandy~ you better take of yourself we don't want anything happening to u

wendy~ I will have to remember that cold fx works.

Rosario
01-09-2007, 12:06 PM
canadian mom - I was sorry to read about your sister's loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

anne - hope everthing goes well with your son and his tests today.

brandy - if being a food **** is making you feel at least a tiny bit better, why not? you'll probably lighten up anyway after everything gets sorted out. hang in there.

well I actually stayed within my points yesteday...woohoo!!! and I got a half hour workout in. Im hoping today will be a repeat of yesterday.

well, me and the bf are thinking of moving. he's a leasing consultant and yesterday he was walking apts (inspecting apts to see if they are move-in ready) and he fell in love with this one-bedroom. it is really nice. We'd be getting a 60% discount on rent. And it is, like 10 minutes away from my job. We'd be saving on money and time. The only thing is he'd be living at the property that he works at. That may be a huge pain in the butt with tenants knowing where he lives ( i don't want them to come knocking on our door with complaints/work orders). and I'm a little worried about safety in that area. The property we are at right now is managed by the company that he works at so we get a really small discount (40 bucks!!!) but we haven't had any safety issues. Plus, the apt is smaller but right now we have an extra bedroom that we don't use. waste of money and space. but my bf is gonna think it over today. I guess I'lljust ahve to wait and see what happens.

sorry for my long post lol. hope you all have a good day!

BarrieMomof2
01-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Well I took my son to the speech clinic this morning, and they confirmed what i already knew. He is behind in his speech. He only says about 8 words and at his age should be able to say about 50 or more. But his hearing and comprehension is excellent. So they suggested a seminar (8 weekly sessions) that help parents interact with their kids and help them to verbalize more. So have to talk that over with hubby and see what he wants to do. I really like the idea, anything that will help is alright by me!

So I have to change my ticker...:dizzy: Turns out the scale I have is so off. It was saying I was 7lbs lighter than I really am. Not that I'm complaining...lol, but I want to get an accurate picture. I'm not going to let it get me down, I mean I've still lost 5 lbs! So I will just work extra hard to get back to where I thought I was! ;)

Haven't done my exercises yet, but I will do that shortly. I thought I would be really sore today with starting the strength training, but I feel pretty good. I am starting to notice that I have more energy during the day. I used to have to take an afternoon nap when my boys were sleeping, but the last few days I havent felt tired enough to take one!!!!:carrot:

Well off to pop in a DVD and do some cardio!!!
Have a great day everyone!!

Anne

Wide in Winnipeg
01-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Hi girls!
I'll be back, RJ is being a pain in the butt! LOL!

sotypical
01-09-2007, 03:30 PM
I am having such a hard time with this second puppy thing. I want a second one... but this one I am looking at is in a recuse in Texas and by the time I get him he will be 4-5 months old. I think I got my heart set on getting a brand new little puppy. He is very cute, looks a lot like Keiko but more brown in his fur... Keiko would love to have a buddy to play with... but Karden and I need to talk about it more. We had already decided we were going to wait and get a second when Keiko was older... but then this guy came along...

anyway, Hope everyone is having a great day.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Ugh! I messed up my meal plan today! I had lasagna for lunch( but it was yummy) and I feel like a pig! LOL!
Oh well one slip in how long?? At least it wasnt deep fried whatever right??!! LOL!
I have no interesting news today so I'm just going to sign off for now, I'll catch up after Miami Ink tonight!

hsmomx2
01-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Anne- It's funny when the kids excersice right beside you. My dd is 9 and still does it. She requested a Dance workout by Sabrina Bryan for Christmas. Now she wants me to do it with her and she'll do mine with me. She very very active. My son does like to tag along to. I'm glad the speech therapy went like you figured. I don't like suprises when it comes to my kids.

Brandy-wtg on the 4# loss. Hope you get the rest of your answers soon.

Courtnie- I hope you can get the puppy that's right for you and bf.

Rosario- What a great discount at the other place! That would be a pain to have people possibly showing up at all times thou. How do you like the place?

Dd has an uri and is back on breathing treatments and some new cough meds that makes her drowsy. I really need to get to the gym. I need to come up with a workout for the days I don't go to they gym that's fun.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Hi everyone! Just getting ready for bed, I'm beat and I have a headache as usual, sure wish I knew what was going on here with my head but it takes so long to get appointments and stuff here!
Tomorrow I am going to enjoy a "me" day. I'm going to the bank, pick up perscriptions and going shopping for a new bra, yes, I have been talking about a new bra for awhile now so tomorrow is the day! Yippee! LOL!I'll also be joining a friend for lunch and I promise to behave!
In case I don't get here till early evening, I'll say have a great day and don't cheat yourself! LOL!
Ciao!

ArtsyGirl
01-10-2007, 08:26 AM
Morning ladies, I'm feeling a bit off this morning. I think everything is just a tad to much at the moment. I know the next month or two are going to be roller coasters as far as emotions go, I also know I can get through it. Still doesn't make me feel "fine" knowing all this.

I walked again this morning. We have a light covering of snow and it was to slippery for me to feel safe running. (Dr. said any exercise is ok, so that is good news) I might throw in a workout tape to get some more hard core cardio in. It usually helps my depression a bit.

Wendy-I hope you enjoy your "me" day. It sounds wonderful. Behave yourself at lunch. (I know you will. You control your diet so much better than I do)

hsmom-I hope your dd feels better soon. What kind of workout do you do now at home? Do you have any equipment? I really enjoy my turbojam and turbokick dvds. (Turbokick is the gym version of turbojam-I got certified to teach the workout just so I could expand my home workouts.)

Courtnie-Hope things are progressing for the puppy. Keep us informed. By the way, Keiko's new web site design is great.

Anne-glad things were as expected at the speech appt. Don't you just hate scale suprises like that? My hubby about fell over when I bought a new, accurate scale. He pouted for 2 weeks!

Ro-Great job staying within your points! I hope things work out for the apartment situation. That is an awesome savings, but your safety level is also priceless. When my sister lived in a not so great neighborhood, she actually felt pretty safe because her neighbors kinda looked out for each other a bit more than in other areas. Good luck deciding what to do.

JasonsLea
01-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Mornin everyone. Sorry I haven't been around. The last week or so has been ****. TOM was here last weekend and it was the WORST I've ever had. I actually had to call off work two days in a row because I could NOT get out of bed! I hardly ever call off work. Then Monday morning, my mama informed me that we have lost our house and have to move. :( So, if you all don't see me around for a while, this is why. I feel sick. My mama is annoyingly (sp?) calm about all this. She says we're going to get the house back. Alabama has this thing called a year of redemption where you have a year to pay back what you owe and you can get your property back. But I'm like, what about the people that will be living here during that year? Do they just get kicked out? It doesn't make sense! Dammit!

Rosario
01-10-2007, 02:27 PM
shari - :hug: I'm sorry to hear that about your house. hopefully it'll all work out for you. you just gotta believe that it will. hang in there.

brandy - it is gonna be tough for you, but you gotta stay strong and know that everything will be ok. Come on, you have the big guy on your side.

wendy - have fun today!!

anne - don't you hate when u think ur a certain weight, but then find out you weigh even more?? that's why I hate going to the dr's, since supposedly there scale really accurate. I'm sticking with my weight watchers one from now on.

hsmomx2 - have u tried taebo?? I really liked doing that one at home. It's a good workout and it's not boring. I say invest in some dvd's that way you can get ur workout in if you can't go to the gym.

courtnie - i hope ur new dog works out. good luck!

well I only lost 1.8 pounds at wi. I'm pretty disappointed because I was bad this whole week. But today is the start of a new week and I am so determined to have a really good week (food and exercise wise). I want to get my 10% keychain already!!!! lol

have a good one.

sotypical
01-10-2007, 03:02 PM
snow day here today! yipee!!

hsmomx2
01-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Shari- Sorry to here about your house. I'm praying for you.

Rosario- Great job on losing 1.8 pounds! Are you planning on doing anything special once you reach 10%?

Courtnie- Have a wonderful time in the snow!

Wendy - How did your shopping go?

Brandy-Hang in there! Things will get better. It's good the dr. gave you the okay to run. Your so good at getting workouts in daily.

At home, I have a treadmill (it's like it slips or hangs up), ab lounger (I enjoy doing), some hand weights, a mini trampoline (enjoy it but it's hard on the knees and dh bought me 2 dvds by Jillian (haven't tried yet). I used to have a taebo dvd that came with a bag. Most of the workouts here I've walked on the treadmill for 30 to 45 mins. When it's warmer dd and I will walk the dog together. I don't like cold weather. Any ideas on how I can make workouting at home fun? At the gym there's people to talk to so I'm not bored.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Hi everyone! Just got home and I bought 3 bras!!! AND 5 pair of undies!!!! I'm so freakin' happy I could spit! LOL!
Well, have to go pick up my boy, chat soon!!!!
Oh and lunch was a chicken ceaser salad so that was good! Yummy too!!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-10-2007, 11:10 PM
So ladies....how are you all doing with your diet/ exercise plan? Anyone having any difficulty getting into the groove of things since the holidays?I am having some problems, mostly with not having the ambition to exercise, it will change soon enough I guess.
Have a good night!

JasonsLea
01-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Thanks yall. I feel so much better now. My BFF was right: my mama had a plan (as always) and she has everything under control. She came home today from her business trip. My stepfather and I met her at the parking deck, she gave me a hug and kiss, put her bags in the car then got in the truck and drove off with my stepdad. I went home and they came a couple of hours later. My mama called me downstairs and told me that a woman would be calling about a apartment on Friday. All she told me at the time was that the apartment was 'a biggie'. I was assuming the apartment was for us, all of us, until she said that if the woman called, to ask her when I was going to move in and that the apartment was a great starter apartment. I was confused, started to cry, and asked what about them and she told me that she has already found them a house in the same neighborhood that my BFF and her family live. She then told me that she and my stepfather would help me with my bills at the apartment till I could get fulltime at the hospital. Soooo, my mama, the SuperGoddess, has managed to take care of us all in only a few days. Her plan is to live in the house she found, which is WAY cheaper than the houses in our neighborhood, for the year while they pay off what they own on our house here. That way, they can get the house back! So I feel better now....nervous though. I had my own place in California but this just feels different somehow.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-11-2007, 01:15 AM
AWWW Shari, everything will work out fine!It's going to be weird having your own place again but I'm sure you'll get used to it quick! Your mom sounds like an angel, give her a hug for me please!
Well ladies off to bed, I'm beat, can hardly keep my eyes open! Ryan is having a fit as we speak so I'll have to let him cry himself to sleep, sure pulls the old heart strings though.
Supposed to get to around -35 celcius(-31 Fahrenheit) around these parts for the next couple days,yuck, want to hibernate when it's like that but my mom has asked that I take her shopping tomorrow evening, I have to buy new socks anyway! LOL!
G'night!

ArtsyGirl
01-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Today was sleep in day. I love my early walk/runs, but especially lately I've treasured 1 sleep in a week. I'll do a turbo workout here shortly for my exercise and then I have a packed day.

I have a day full of medical tests on the 18th of the month-full bloodwork, an echocardiogram, an ultrasound of my carotids, and an MRI of my brain. Yesterday was a bad day and I can feel my depression flaring. I have to decide which medicine I want to try to combat it with.

Shari-I'm glad things are looking up for you. Your mom sounds like an incredible woman. I hope your new apartment is awesome!

Wendy-have fun shopping.

Ro-:bravo: :cp: WAY TO GO! :cp: :bravo: 1.8 pounds!!! Just think if you lost that while having a bad week, you'll be terrific when you have a good week.

hsmom-maybe try one of the Jillian dvd's. I've never done them, but I've heard they're effective. Womens health magazine has some new, free workouts if you sign up for their workout "club"-its free. The workout includes lots of weight exercise ideas.

sotypical
01-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Keiko and I had a blast in the snow!

http://www.mydogkeiko.com/photos/january07/january10/37.jpg

http://www.mydogkeiko.com/photos/january07/january10/39.jpg

http://www.mydogkeiko.com/photos/january07/january10/42.jpg

back at work today though :(

sotypical
01-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Rosario - congrats! wtg :)

Rosario
01-11-2007, 02:02 PM
courtnie - those pics are so cute. you guys must have had a blast. I would kill for some snow down here.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Ro~ You are welcome to come on up to Winnipeg and have all the snow you want! We have about 2 feet of it on the ground here.
I'm with headache today but that's normal these days.
Brandy~ I had all those done to except I had a CT scan instead of an MRI. The EKG only takes a couple minutes!

It's -23 here with a windchill so it feels like -39 celcius, supposed to get colder tonight, about -43 they say(with windchill)

sotypical
01-11-2007, 03:34 PM
its only -3 here, and we have less then a foot of snow, lol

Rosario
01-11-2007, 03:38 PM
yeah, you guys can keep the cold....I only want the snow lol

sotypical
01-11-2007, 08:06 PM
So ladies....how are you all doing with your diet/ exercise plan?

Awesome :) 1400-1500 everyday this week and 75 min of exercise! :)

I will prob cut back on exercise a bit next week, back to 60 I think.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Hello!!!!
Just cam back from Walmart, and I got an awesome pair of shoes! I've been wearing these boots for awhile now and I can't wear some of my jeans because of the heel on them so now I bought some wedge shoes and I'm hopeing that thay will be low enough to wear with the jeans! I have long legs (33.5 inch inseam) so it's hard to find jeans long enough for me. I also bought Ryan a couple sweaters and a sweat suit and a bunch of socks for myself!! Yippee!!!And some Chai tea, never had it before but I'm sure I'll love it! I had a good day!
Food wise was good and some exercise, not up to normal amount but I'm getting there!
Have a good sleep ladies!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-12-2007, 01:16 AM
BTW~ It's -30 here and with the windchill it's -43, lovely, anyone want to go for a walk with me??? LOL!

hsmomx2
01-12-2007, 08:21 AM
Shari- Wow you have such a great mom! How's the apartment?

Brandy-I had a lot of those test done but the mri when I've been to the er for chest pains before. My husband and I still laugh at them. Their verdict they came up to was big boobs.:-0 The regular dr said it was a weak muscle. Sorry your depressed. I hope you get to feeling better. I usually get depressed every winter and have since I was in high school. Does get out in the sun more help? This may sound like a weird question but I've found it helps me out alot.

Courtnie- It looks like you had a great snow day. I'm with Ro thou I'ld love to have the snow but you can keep the cold.

Wendy- It sounds like you like shopping as much as I do. My kids would love all that snow. Great job on your eating.

Today is going to be another busy day hopefully with better eating. I'm not sure what happen yesterday my eating was all out of whack. I didn't get as much water either maybe that was part of the problem. Oh, well it's a new day and another to get back on track. Dd is doing better and we seem to have a better handle on her breathing. I'm glad for that. Today she has a free consultation with ortho. We're both not looking forward to that. Well, got to get the kids up and a shower. We have to be out the door by 8.

sotypical
01-12-2007, 11:41 AM
I didn't exercise this morning, I feel so guilty!
I got up to do it and my body is sore (been doing too much maybe?) and my throat hurts (getting sick?) and Keiko was snuggled up and Karden was in the bed (he hasnt been in the bed lately because he was working graveyards for 4 months and next week he starts at 7) so I got back into bed.
I know it was the right thing, but I still feel so guilty!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-12-2007, 01:07 PM
TOOO COOLD!!! BRRR! LOL!! It's -38 here and around -48 with the windchill, it's cold out there today! Good day to stay inside and EXERCISE!!!!
Brandy~ have you had any symptoms since the first?

canadian mom
01-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Just a quick stop. The hubby had his appointment with the specialist today and he barely has it. His last test came back negative. He may never test positive again, then again he could. The good news is he most likely will NEVER get sick if he takes care of himself cause he is in an increased risk for liver disease.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-12-2007, 04:24 PM
So I went and played outside with Ryan, not that bad out actually! It's cold but there is next to no wind so it's nice! Maybe I froze my brain LMAO!! Maybe I'm used to cold winters by now!
Going to jump on the old bike for a jaunt!
Catch ya's....

sotypical
01-12-2007, 04:50 PM
:( I am still feeling so guilty for not exercising - I hate this! haha

Wide in Winnipeg
01-12-2007, 05:30 PM
One day of relaxation isnt going to make or break you Courtnie! If you arent feeling up to par relax, take a bubble bath and be ready to start tomorrow off right!

sotypical
01-12-2007, 06:48 PM
haha I dont do it on weekends, so im gonna have 3 days off, lol

ArtsyGirl
01-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Hi gals, I had a busy day which was nice cuz it kept my mind occupied. I got my hair done, and then worked at my neighbors health food store. I'm working for her again tomorrow. Its nice to do something different once in awhile.

Wendy-no more symptoms since the loss of sight except for the headache is still here. (has been since before Christmas!) I've been getting my alternative/holistic treatments almost everyday to go after a variety of things that could have caused it. I figure I'll go after it with non traditional and traditional no matter what it is and I didn't need a diagnosis to start with the natural solutions. I'm glad you got to play in the snow. I lived in Michigans upper peninsula for college and we always had a surplus from the lake effect snow. Now down here what we get is pitiful. I miss really getting to play.

Courtnie-cute pics of Keiko. Glad you took the time out to enjoy snuggling with the puppy and bf. Sometimes we let those moments go, and then later realize how much we should have embraced them. Your bike will be there on Monday.

hsmom-Well, I definetly wont be diagnosed with big boobs. I'm lucky to fill an A cup! My depression is not seasonal. I can usually manage it-sometimes with meds, but they take awhile to kick in and I had been off them because I was doing good before all this health stuff. Glad your daughter is doing better. Hope your eating got back on track today.

cmom-Congrats on the good news from the dr. Send some of that good news my way will ya?

I know I'm feeling better today mentally cuz my appetite is back. I've been eating like crazy, but now I'm trying to stop till after I eat a balanced dinner. I finally got in a run this morning also. Did 3 miles and walked another 1.5. It felt wonderful.

JasonsLea
01-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Hey everyone! How are you all doing? I'm doing better. About our living arrangements:

My mama had found a house for them over in my BFF's neighborhood. BUT today they were going over to pay the deposit and while my mama was across the street at the store getting the money order, the man told my stepfather and me that they did not allow pets. We told him that my mama probably wouldn't fly with that because we have our dog Poohbear and our cat Blackfoot and we've had Poohbear since I was like 9 which is about 12 years, she is my mama's baby, and my mama would NEVER, EVER part with her! Sure enough, when mama came back, the guy told her and she looked at him like 'Are you out of your damn mind?!?!' So we left, my stepdad took the truck and went to work, and my mama got in the car with me and was looking in the newspapers for other houses. I was talking to my BFF Nikki about what had went down and she told me that her landlord had other houses in the area. So, we called him and he met us over at a house a few streets over from Nikki's house. He's a real nice man and he showed us the house and both me and mama loved it. It's smaller than our house, only three bedrooms and one bath, but it doesn't matter because they're just staying there until we get the house back in a year. The guy takes really good care of his property and it was at a good price so my mama gave him the deposit right then and there. Then he told her about a five bedroom he owned that was going to be available this weekend. So we went over there and looked at it and it was a HUGE house BUT I didn't like it. I think if we had viewed it AFTER the people had moved and the manager had a chance to clean and repair, it could be a good place but asis, it's AWFUL! Those people do not take care of that place. When we got in the car, my mama told me that she didn't like it either and she decided to stick with the 3 bedroom. So my stepfather is going to see it and the man is going to change the locks and give mama the keys so we can start moving in tomorrow. Now, as for my apartment, the people said I didn't make enough for the apartment and they said that they didn't allow co signers which pissed Mama off. She's going to cosign on my apartment and help pay my rent and so on until I get a fulltime position at the hospital. So I looked at the newspaper and we went to two apartment complexes and looked at about five apartments. The first place we went too, it was the wrong one and we didn't know it. We were going in all these empty apartments and when I called the folks, found out that not only were they not the ones we were supposed to be looking at but they were also already rented! So we were just walking around in other people's houses! LMAO So we found the right apartments but Mama did not like them at all so we went back to these apartments that we had looked at about a week ago. They are nice apartments, very well kept, and they are running a great special on the rent. So I went in and talked to the lady (who also happens to be Nikki's ex apartment manager; real nice lady) and she told me that my mama could co sign so me and mama are going back tomorrow morning after I get off work and filing out the paperwork so I should know if I got the apartment tomorrow! And I will let you all know! :) We're busy bees right now and it's just beginning. It's going to be **** for the next two weeks!

BarrieMomof2
01-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Hey everyone!

It feels like forever since I got online here...lol. The last couple of days I just have not felt like posting. Its been a rough couple of days. I have completely gotten off track. Not so much with my eating, but I just haven't felt like exercising the last couple of days. I haven't been getting much sleep with the boys being up and it leaves me so drained all day. But tomorrow is another day.

After alot of thought, I decided to join Weight Watchers again. I did it about 6 years ago. It did help me and I lost about 10 lbs. But I didn't stick with it. I had been going with a friend from work and she started going to the weekday meetings and I could only make the weekend ones. So long story short...I fell off the wagon with it. I was too shy and insecure to go by myself. But after doing some thinking, I know the program works, I just have to work with it! And get off my butt and do my exercises!

I also went to my doctor and am getting checked out for Thyroid problems. My mom actually suggested I get tested. I knew she was Hypothyroid, but apparently so are my 2 older sisters (we aren't close...can you tell...:dizzy: )

I stuck to my points today....even with having homemade pizza :o

I know I probably should have opted for something more healthy, but hubby has been asking for so long for my homemade pizza dough...and I caved....lol.
Good think is that one slice of my pizza (loaded with veggies) was only 5 pts! So I had lots of points still left and was able to have 2 slices! But I think next time I will stick with 1 piece and a salad....I feel stuffed! But it was so worth it....and the fact I stayed within my points makes me feel good.

Heading to the mall tomorrow, so lots of walking...:carrot: I will definitely have to get back onto the bike this weekend! I need the exercise...I hate doing it, but I feel so much better afterwards.

Well off to get some work done....have a great night everyone!

Anne

Wide in Winnipeg
01-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Gosh it's so nice to come on here and see someone post!
I love having a busy thread!! It actually gets me motivated!
I wonder what happened to %100? Better go look for her!
And everyone else thats missing from here!

Nikel1979
01-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Hi! :wave: Dropping in to join you all and introduce myself. My name is Nicole. I've been a stay at home mom for 3 years now. My son, Ben, is 3, and my daughter, Lauren, will be 2 on Sunday. Tomorrow my husband and I will be celebrating our 6th anniversary. (Yep, only one day dif. between anniv. and dd's b-day. I was exactly 42 weeks pregnant on our anniv. the year she was born.) This past fall I started back to college, and classes just started again this week. I'm a women's studies major and should graduate next year. Then it's on to a masters in public health and a career in women's health, hopefully anyway.

I'm getting ready to head off to bed, so have a great night everyone.

BarrieMomof2
01-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Welcome Nicole! We hope you stay!

Cant wait to get to know you more.

I'm Anne, I have 2 little ones myself....mine are 2 and 8 months!

Have a great weekend!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-12-2007, 11:13 PM
I only have 1 little guy, he's 3 and a little terror! J/K!! He's the best!
Awesome that you went back to school!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-13-2007, 12:55 AM
I weighed myself for fun tonight before bed and it read 141.5 lbs!! OH thats crazy!!!! Tomorrow when I get up I'll weigh myself again and see what the difference is!!Have a good sleep ladies!

sotypical
01-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Courtnie-cute pics of Keiko. Glad you took the time out to enjoy snuggling with the puppy and bf. Sometimes we let those moments go, and then later realize how much we should have embraced them. Your bike will be there on Monday.

Thanks Brandy. Wish I had of thought of it that way, haha

ArtsyGirl
01-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Its raining again. I'm getting a bit tired of gloomy days. I'd rather steal some snow from Courtnie and Wendy!!!! I didn't walk. Had trouble sleeping so slept in through the rain. I think today will end up a day off from exercise for me.

Shari-glad things are working out with housing. Keep us updated.

Anne-Good luck with the WW. I know you'll get back on track. Hope you had fun at the mall. A little pizza once in awhile wont hurt you. Remember, we're making changes that we'll keep for a lifetime. I know I'll eat pizza at certain points and thats ok, as long as I keep things balanced overall.

Nicole-glad to have you join us.

Wendy-Dont you hate it when scale "fun" turns bad? Happens to me alot, but its kinda interesting to see how much more we weigh at night than in the morning.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Scale is back to 136 lbs this morning! Can you believe there was a 6 pound gain!?! Thats crazy!
Brandy~ Come and get the snow, perferably all of it! LOL!
Just going to go next door for tea and a visit with my folks, I'll come and check things out here in a little while!
Have a fantastic day ladies!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Heres a question for you all....
who takes the weekends off from diet and exercise?? I'm thinking the majority?
Just checking in here to see who has posted and.....huh...nobody since I did yesterday afternoon! Going to enjoy my day with my boy!
Later !

Nikel1979
01-14-2007, 02:38 PM
I don't take the weekend off. Okay yesterday I did, but I still got a lot of walking in and only dinner was bad. Normally, I still eat the same and get exercise in on the weekends. The only difference is that internet time isn't a priority. For example, this weekend was our anniversary. Next weekend we're driving a few hours away to pick up my new(er) car on Saturday, and Sunday is my dd's birthday party. Those are pretty typical weekends for us, as far as how much is going on. Plus there's housework and studying. If I've got a paper, I might need to head to campus and spend a few hours in the library.During the week, my internet time usually comes in the evenings when the kiddies get tv time before bed.

canadian mom
01-14-2007, 03:10 PM
I usually do not take the the weekend off but with the older kids home it is a fight for the comp., althought this weekend I did not exercises, my eating is quite good except I baked a cake yesterday and had a slice after supper and will have another tonight. I forgot to weight myself this morning by the time I thought of it I was uo fo a couple of hours and had eating and stuff so I have not lost.

Nicole~ welcome I am a SAHM of 4 ,3 girls(9 willbe 10 in april,8 will be 9 in april,and 2) 1 boy (3,will be 4 in March)

Wide in Winnipeg
01-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Happy belated anniversary Nicole!
Hi CM!! oh yummy!! CAKE!!!
Maybe it's just me having the same thing to do every weekend...nothing.. that I get lonely here.
Tomorrow I'm getiing my SI6 or P90 DVD's on the go, I've been slacking pretty much, yes I get some exercise in but nothing like what these DVD's can do for me! After 3-5 days I feel like a whole different person and I even look better, so I asked myself the other day why I have stopped doing these workouts and it boils down to one thing, laziness, pure laziness, how pathetic am I? I've been doing this game for a year and yes I've lost 20 lbs but if i had not goofed off I would have been at goal weight and looked buff 6 months ago!
Tomorrow I do it, I just workout, get it done, and feel good about it!
Today I make a plan on how to go about incorporating all the workout DVD's I have here so I can get my moneys worth out of them!
Catch ya later!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Busy day tomorrow so we are going to bed early here, see you tomorrow!
G'night!

BarrieMomof2
01-15-2007, 08:33 AM
Well I survived my first weekend on Weight Watchers!!! LOL.

I did really well by staying on plan....but the scale still hasn't moved since Thursday :( But I'm sure if I stick to it, I will see some movement soon. I went and got my blood work done on Friday, and I will get the results sometime this week. I hope they tell me something about why I cant seem to lose any weight. Whenever I lose any, even when I am not cheating or doing anything wrong, I gain it back.

I am exercising almost every day and eating much healthier and you would think that you would see some movement on the scale...but nope! But going to try not to get discouraged until I know more from the blood work. My doctor suggested that if we find out its normal and nothing is wrong, then we can go the route of drugs to help in the weight loss. He suggested either Xenical or Meridia, but they are both not covered by my husbands insurance, and after reading about the side effects of both of them, I'm just not convinced thats the way to go. Plus the money, we just don't have the extra $100-160 a month it would cost. So I will just keep plugging away.

Thats one of the main reasons I joined back up with weight watchers. I got a 4 week pass, so I will go for a month, doing the plan and see how its working. After that, I may just do it from home and not do the meetings and save the money.

I can already feel a difference in my energy levels. I still get tired mid-day, but I dont feel the need to take a nap with my little ones anymore! :carrot: So I may not be seeing any scale difference, but I do feel a difference in how I feel!:)

Well hubby just called, the weather is pretty bad here today, so he is coming back home for the day.:dizzy: I'm not sure thats a good thing...lol but I'd rather have him home than him drive in the really bad weather!
So off to make my plan for the day! Have a great one everyone!

Anne
P.S. Here's a pic of my babies...just cause I felt like sharing today!!!

canadian mom
01-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Anne~ Don't give up it can take up to 6 weeks yes I said 6 weeks before you notice a change in weight and stuff when starting a new plan. I know it sucks but how about commiting to WW for 2 months to see if there is any change I don't want to see u give up to soon. U don't have to go to meetings just stilll do the points at home for the extra month.

Rosario
01-15-2007, 10:15 AM
hey everybody!!!

I have been really good with watching my points (well except for saturday) but I have been doing better than the first week. I haven't been as diligent with the exercise but I am working on it. nothing is really new on my end. hope everybody had an awesome weekend and are back on track for week 3!!

BarrieMomof2
01-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks canadian mom, I will not give up. I know the weight will come off. It just takes time. Its just one of those things where you want to see results NOW...lol.
I know I have improved, I am feeling better and sleeping better too. The fact that I dont have to take that afternoon nap with the boys is a big improvement for me. I have the energy to make it through the day and do the exercise and take care of the kids at the same time. I figure too I could be gaining muscle while still losing, just not seeing it on the scale yet. But weigh in is Thursday, so we will see how it goes then.

I have to finally do this for ME, no one else!

Anne

ArtsyGirl
01-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Morning gals, I have a killer headache and just in general am feeling sorry for myself. I hate feeling sick.

I usually keep up my exercise on the weekends. Sunday is a shorter walk than the rest of the week simply because I need to get ready for church. At the moment I've stuck to my eating through the weekends also, but tend to slack a bit there if I have something special happening.

I'm down 2.5 pounds for the week. BUT, I've lost that at the beginning of last week and have been stuck for the rest of the week. Lovely how the scale doesnt move.

Nicole-Happy Anniversary. Which number was it? Hubby and I celebrated our 10th back in November.

Cmom-Yummy cake! I might make some muffins later today depending on if the headache lifts.

Anne-Great job on getting in the exercise everyday and for sticking to the WW plan. I have to agree with Cmom and try to up your commitment for 2 months. I know sometimes exercise actually makes you gain right away before you lose cuz the muscle your building weighs more than the fat your losing. Keep doing what you're doing and you WILL see a loss sooner or later.

Wendy-How do you deal with your headaches? I slept the majority of my weekend away except for when I was working. The meds they gave me dont help at all and I tried some alternative/reiki last night that didn't do much either. Any suggestions?

Ro-good job sticking to your plan. Whats the status on your possible move? Hope you're off to a good day.

ArtsyGirl
01-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Anyone know what happened to Lydia??? Hope she's enjoying her maintenance.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-15-2007, 01:37 PM
I sure miss lydia, I'll PM here!!
Brandy~ I suffer. Thats how I handle the headaches.Theres just not enough drugs out there to control my headaches either. I wish I had the oppertunity to lay down but with Ryan it's impossible! I would say to try a hot shower and at the end just run cold water over your head for a minuite, supposed to constrict the blood vessels, or when you have a chance to lay down try used a hot water bottle on your temples, or back of your head, use it as a pillow kindof. I have started to monitor the headaches, time of day, did I eat properly,stress all these can trigger a headache for me so now I have a journal for it.
Anne~ You have some cute kids there!
Today I'm taking my mom to the eye specialist then maybe to Giant Tiger and Sears for some shopping after. Ryan is going to "work" with Grandpa in the Kennel for a couple hours, much easier to leave him than try and take him with me, he's a little trouble maker sometimes! Ha Ha!!
Have a great day ladies!

sotypical
01-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Im still not sick but my throat hurts like **** - I rode my bike this morning anyway.

We got approved for that puppy, I got a call Saturday night from texas saying he was all ours if we passed our home visit. I couldn't believe they were holding him for me and everything.

This morning I did one of the hardest things I ever had to to and I am still crying about it. I emailed this wonderful lady and told her that we are not ready to adopted and that we wanted him to go to other home. It was really hard but I know it is for the best as we are not emotionally ready to have two puppies. We want to wait until Keiko is older before adding another. I feel like the worst person in the world :( But I know what I did was right.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-15-2007, 02:29 PM
AWWW Courtnie, I feel for you, but you know in your heart you did the right thing. When the time is right Kieko will have a playmate!
BTW, Good job getting on the bike!

Does everyone here have workout tapes??
I do,SI6 and Power 90

sotypical
01-15-2007, 03:23 PM
I am still feeling depressed... but I know it was the right thing :(

Rosario
01-15-2007, 05:22 PM
aww,courtnie that sucks :hug:. but you can always adopt another dog. imagine if you had adopted this one, and since you say you guys weren't ready, imagine having to give him back or away??? I bet it would've felt way worse than you do now. Now when you're ready for your new one, you'll be in it for the long-haul, KWIM?? now was just not the time. cheer up...keiko will probably be getting a new bro/sis sooner than you think.

canadian mom
01-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Ro~ I am glad to hear you have finally found something you can stick with.
Wendy~ I have workout tapes but I do not use them anymore I need to get more. They are the original tae bo . I am thinking about getting the new ones I an not to sure what I want to get.

I suck I made brownies today. we havw been having storms so I guess it is time for winter comfort foods to kick in, but I am doing well with my portions but I know I will not lose if I keep this up. I had ham and rice with soy sauce tonight so i will have water retention for the next couple of days.

sotypical
01-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Rosario - thanks. I still know it was for the best. I wish the resuce would write back to me and say they understand... maybe this just haven't gotten my email yet :(

hsmomx2
01-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Wendy- What kind of dvds is SI6 or P90?

Brandy- I hope your headache goes away soon. Great job on your 2.5 weight loss.

Anne- Cute kids! It sounds like your first week on the ww plan went well.

Courtnie- Sorry, it wasn't the right time to add to your family. You made the right move. I hope you get to feeling better. Great job on getting the bike in.

cmom- What day is your ds bday? My son's is on the 25th.

I've got a dd that's 9 and ds 3 (4 in March). I don't know how to add their pictures on here yet. This past week was good even with dd, dh, and ds being sick. I turned down chocolate once and the other time I stuck to one portion and didn't go over. I measured myself for the first time since October this morning. The measurements are improving and really encouraging. Then I got on the scales to a 3lb loss. I did so much better this past weekend, but we didn't go to the mil's.

canadian mom
01-15-2007, 07:49 PM
my son is 4 on March 5

BarrieMomof2
01-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Well I went and weighed this morning, like I do every morning...what can I say, I just keep checking hoping to see a change....lol I actually was down 2.3 :carrot: I wasn't sure if it was right or not, but I figured, hey I'll take it. I've only been doing WW since technically Friday morning!

Then tonight I realize that TOM has started....so I've got to be retaining water like I always do....plus I can see it in my fingers...my ring gets tighter during TOM.
I can weigh in anytime this week up and including Saturday, so I might wait until Saturday morning and see how it goes.
Stayed on plan today, even made a chili with loads of veggies and a bit of hamburger and hubby even ate it....he's not much of a veggie eater. Maybe if I cook healthier...maybe he will eat better too!

Have a great night everyone!

Anne

ArtsyGirl
01-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Good morning ladies. I got my 4 miles in this morning. It was a little slippery, but doable. It feels good to have gotten out there after 3 days off.

My headache is reduced this morning so I've got a much brighter outlook. I think I'm going to head to town today. I need to get my allergy shot and then I think I'll look for a pair of fleeced lined workout pants. My legs were freezing this morning even though I had 2 layers on. Its supposed to be colder tomorrow so I've gotta find something different.

Wendy-Hope you had a good time with your mom yesterday. My mom is freaking me out. She called me yesterday and didn't really talk about anything in particular and then she says she wants for us to go to dinner together sometime this week. Not wih my dad or hubby, just us. Mom and I aren't really close and this is kinda freaking me out.

Courtnie-I know your sad now, but it is for the best. All of your family has to be ready to add a new member and even though its alot of fun, its also a bit stressful to add a new puppy. My beagle was not real thrilled when we brought Fozzy home. She got over it, but it was a big adjustment for us all. Anyways, I know the time will come when everything is right and it'll be wonderful. Hang in there and give Keiko some extra hugs to help lift your mood.

cmom-Stay away from the brownies!!! Gosh, that sounds really good. Maybe send one my way?! Just kidding. Hope your family eats them up fast so the temptation is gone.

hsmom-There is no way I could eat just 1 portion of chocolate. I eat whatever is available, and then go looking for more. I have no self control. Congrats on the 3 pound loss!!!!

Anne-glad the scale finally moved for you. TOM can really wreck havoc for weigh ins.

As for workout tapes/DVD's I've got tons. My favorite are the TurboJam series. I also like Taebo Cardio and have many of the others. I have SI6, but its not my favorite. I have a few more kickboxing videos and some dance aerobic tapes. I can't even remember what else.

Hope you are all off to a great start today. Good luck staying on plan.

sotypical
01-16-2007, 01:33 PM
I am feeling better today about the puppy. I get more time to spoil Keiko and turn her into a spoiled rotten doggie! hehe Karden is so funny, he never really wanted a dog but finally agreed - and now he is so in love with Keiko, he calls her his princess and is always carrying her around and kissing her and sneaking her treats, lol. I know when the time is right it will be before.

I am however feeling sicker :( Still rode my bike though. And... WORLD OF WARCRAFT EXPANSION OUT TODAY!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Brandy~ That does sound scary when your mom wants to have a private dinner with you! I hope everything is OK with her health, I'd be freakin' out too!
Last nights dinner was for the birds! We went to Perkins and I has the appitizer platter! Gosh, thats 4 perogies, 4 chicken fingers, 1 mimi chimi, 4 onion rings and 4 cheese sticks, and I ate most of it!I felt so bloated and greasy for the rest of the night.To top it off I jumped on the scale today and I'm up a pound! EEK!
Be back later, have to run.

ArtsyGirl
01-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Courtnie-Hope you're feeling better soon. Good job still getting your exercise done.

Wendy-Oh my goodness those appetizers sound so good. My hunger level has been off because of nerves/worrying. Yesterday nothing, today starving.

I just finished a bunch of chores here. I had to shampoo the carpets because with all the rain, the dogs had made my house a mudpit from going in and out. I also made a banana muffin recipe that someone on another thread shared last week (they smell yummy and they're only about 150 cal. ea. Then I dusted and moped. I still have to clean the bathroom. I always put that off til last. Its my least favorite. Its nice now to sit down in a fairly clean house and smell the yummy baked goods smell.

See ya.

sotypical
01-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Brandy - I wish I was that motivated to clean :( argh Thank goodness I at least have hardwood with the dog... but it still needs to be swept every couple days - and probably washed, but I dont do that often. After reading all that you make me think of all the things I could do... well should do, lol

canadian mom
01-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Any news on Lydia yet? Well 'aunt flo' decided to come a week early and I was unprepared but the hubby got off ealy so I got to the store so I would not be up the creek without a paddle tomorrow.

ArtsyGirl
01-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Morning ladies, another cold walk today. Its actually the coldest its been this winter, but we are being spoiled cuz its still a lot warmer than usual. My plan for today is to maybe do a short turbo workout to supplement my 4 miles, then I'm going to head to a bookstore and find something that'll keep me occuppied between all the tests tomorrow. I have choir tonight, but basically can relax the majority of the day.

sotypical
01-17-2007, 09:54 AM
im trying to work up the engery to get on my bike... but maybe its best to take a day off :( i feel like crapola; not sure if im going to work

Wide in Winnipeg
01-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Morning!
Nope no news from Lady or la3y, I PM'ed them both yesterday.
Busy day yesterday so I wasnt able to get back here, glad that day is over with!
Today consists of cleaning up this pigsty I call home and then RELAX! I have to go pick up my perscriptions for the arthritis tonight so that will be my "time away" from the house and child. OHHH, a bid 1/2 hour away! Yippee!
Hope you feel better soon Courtnie!

sotypical
01-17-2007, 01:53 PM
la3y did stop by a couple days ago - she made a post in support.

I decided not to exercise, because I wont eat enough to make up for it, haha - on a happy note, i can play wow all day!

Rosario
01-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Weigh in was today. Only lost 0.8 pounds but I'm not surprised because I was only OP for 2 out of 7 days. that blows!! but today is a new week and a new chance for me to succeed. good luck to me!!

hope u are all well!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-17-2007, 03:53 PM
GOOD LUCK ROSARIO!!! Stil 2.6 in total is so much better than 0 right! I'm proud of you!

BarrieMomof2
01-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies,

I woke up today feeling really bloated this morning. TOM showed up a couple days ago and this morning just woke up feeling awful. I normally have a pretty easy going TOM, but the stomach cramps today suck!! But its getting better as the day goes on.

BUT, on the bright side, I tried doing the WATP 2 mile walk. Up until now, I only got the 1-mile one done. Now, I couldnt finish it, (I have a hip injury that never healed properly, and it was aching!) but I got to 1.5 miles!!!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
Thats a HUGE accomplishment for me!! I am so excited to get that far!! :D Eventually I will get to finish the 2-mile.

Thursday is supposed to be my WW weigh in. But I might wait until Saturday morning. Its easier for hubby to look after the kids in the morning when they are happier than at night. Plus with TOM showing up this week....I'm hoping the bloating will go away by then...and maybe I will see something on the scale...lol.

Rosario - Congrats on the loss. It may not seem like much now, but those little bits all add up! Just think thats weight that is gone forever!!!!:hug:

Courtnie - I hope you feel better soon. I hate being sick!:hug:

Wendy - Enjoy the time away tonight! You deserve time to yourself....I know what its like to not get that!! I take every chance I get to go to the store or get out by myself!:)

Brandy - I know what you mean about the cold temperatures! Last night here it was -25 overnight....and this morning when I let the dogs out....it wasn't much warmer...hopefully we will get our warmer weather back...I was really enjoying that! I will be praying for your tests to come out with a good result. Hopefully you will get the answers you need!:hug:

Anne

canadian mom
01-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Anne~ good work with the exercising. I need to find something else to do I am getting bored with the gazelle everyday.

Brandy~ I can sympathize with you it was -36 here today (with windchill) last night was supposed to be -33.

Ro~ WHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I am glad to hear you are finally getting success. Keep up the good work. I agree with Wendy 2.6 is better than 0.

Not much to report here except I broke my half hour jag I made it 45 mins. I REALLY cannot take time off exersicing again I hate trying to build up time again.

Rosario
01-17-2007, 06:09 PM
canadian mom - that's great!!! Id kill to be able to do a 45 min jog. WTG!!!

anne- oh it's gonna get sooo much easier. I started off with WATP too, once upon a time. Then I moved up to running the track at school (alternating walking/jogging laps...but running nonetheless). Good job!!!

wendy - thanks!!! I did search of the first BTB game that we did. Wow, we've stuck in there, huh (along with Brandy and Lydia - who's MIA right now :()?

Wide in Winnipeg
01-17-2007, 07:13 PM
OH, theres been tonnes of ladies on here! Let me do a check!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-17-2007, 07:44 PM
I got half way through game 3 and this is who I found that were regulars for awhile:
luflic
Nett
Misti in Seattle
jelynn
Sassy8877
NikM789
Buckneram
HEEHEE! I should PM them all and see how they are all doing!Maybe get them motivated again??!! LOL!

canadian mom
01-18-2007, 07:57 AM
I added my sqats back yesterday and might I say MY THIGHTS R KILLING ME. I hope I can get through my run today.

BarrieMomof2
01-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Hi all, Hope everyone is having a good morning. I looks like we may get to see some sunshine today! Of course, we are in for another snow storm tomorrow...but thats ok, at least we get the sun for today!

So its been one full week since I joined Weight Watchers. I've been staying on plan all week, with the occasional treat here and there, but for the most part, I've done well by eating healthy. I've even started to get in my full amount of water in! Thats been a tough one for me, but its getting better.
I was a little bummed out earlier cause I was afraid to do the weigh in this week because of TOM.....well got on the scale this morning (official weigh in at WW will be Saturday morning), and I was down at least 2.5lbs!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: Thats just since the weekend. I can't remember how close my scale at home was to the WW weigh in last Thursday night. But, if my scale is right, then thats 3.8lbs since last week!!! But I will wait and see for sure on Saturday morning.
That sure has me motivated to work on getting through the 2-mile WATP today....I'll try...lol. Got to 1.5 miles of it yesterday then I had to stop, but I am excited to see something!!!!

Anyways, I've rambled on...have a great morning everyone!!!
(I won't change the ticker until my official weigh in on Saturday!)

Anne

Wide in Winnipeg
01-18-2007, 12:08 PM
Morning!
Cmom~ I bet they are! A nice warm bubble bath will help those sore legs! LOL!! Good for you!
Anne~ You are an insperation! Great job!
Another boring day here in the "Peg", it's snowing and I hope it stops so I can take RJ skating later this afternoon.
Chack in later ladies! Have a great day!

sotypical
01-18-2007, 02:02 PM
rode my bike an hour an hour this morning! wee! not feeling that great still though :(

Rosario
01-18-2007, 02:21 PM
courtnie- wtg on exercising. you're really brave to get it in while you're sick. hope you get better soon.

wendy - i know there's been tons of ladies, but we are still in it! WTG us!! I wish it would snow over here. It's freezing over here, but no snow :(. I don't think its gonna happen!

anne - way to go on staying OP. I'm excited to see the results of your first weigh-in. Good Luck!!

canadianmom - oh, I love squats. don't they just make you feel alive?? lol if you have a massaging shower head, use it...they work wonders on sore muscles.

So I was driving around on my lunch break and I was feeling so hungry. Well, I was contemplating stopping at this restaurant and picking up a huge burger, fries, and a cherry coke. I even drove into the parking lot. But I didn't do it. I was thisclose to ruining my day, but I didn't give in. Instead I hurried back to work and warmed up my lime and garlic chicken, and my black beans and rice. It was soooo good. I know that hamburger would of probably tasted better, but I would of had an ugly taste in my mouth for the rest of the day. I'm glad I decided not to go get it.

have a good one ya'll!!

canadian mom
01-18-2007, 03:46 PM
:bravo: :cp: :dance: WAY TO GO RO!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancer: :cheer: :dust: :dust:

Rosario
01-18-2007, 04:04 PM
aww, shucks, thanks!!! lol

Wide in Winnipeg
01-18-2007, 04:13 PM
AWESOME Rosario!!!!
So far today I've had an egg and a half. These new meds I'm on have left me with no appitite (could be a good thing! LOL!)I know my mom has some clemintines over there so I'm going to go and have tea and an orange.
Courtnie~ gosh I hope you feel better soon, try the Cold FX, it works!

sotypical
01-18-2007, 04:27 PM
way to go rosario!!!!!!

BarrieMomof2
01-18-2007, 08:31 PM
Doctor's office called today, and all my blood work came back normal!:carrot: ( I had been getting tested for thyroid and diabetes)
But the doctor wants to see me about the possibility of weight loss drugs like Meridia or Xenical. I found out our insurance won't cover it, and after reading ALOT on them, I've decided its not for me.

I got this way on my own, I can lose this on my own without the help of drugs!:D

I got through only 1 mile of the 2 mile WATP this morning, but thats because my little guy was fussy and I needed to calm him.
I hope tonight to get in a bit more, but we will see how the boys are first, or I could do a bit on the bike. I seem to be enjoying WATP more than the bike lately! As long as I do something tonight...lol.

Have a great night everyone...chat with you tomorrow!

Anne

sotypical
01-18-2007, 11:14 PM
oh so tired... i know i havent eaten enough today but I just wanted hungry... I am at under 900 calories and I burned that much on my bike this morning... no wonder i am tired :(

I have a bag a twizzlers staring me in the face... maybe ill eat some.... mmmm or cookies mmmm haha, talk about BAD calories

ArtsyGirl
01-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Hi gals, I had all my tests done yesterday. Everything went without a problem so now all I have to do is worry my way through the next week and a half until I see my dr. for results.

On the bright side, the scale is going down although its headed that way simply because I've lost my appetite. I'll still take the loss. I got in a 3 mile run this morning, a 1.5 mile walk and did a 30 min. strength dvd. If nothing else, the exercise gets my stress reduced. I bought a new dvd yesterday. Its made by The Firm and has a weighted medicine ball and 2 workouts. I did the strenght one today and it was pretty good. I'll be sore tomorrow.

Rosario-Yay to you. You're making good decisions, and the scale is working to show you the progress!!!

Courtnie-Hope you're feeling better. Good job sticking with your exercise program while feeling off kilter.

Anne-Glad your tests came back good. You can definetly do this without drugs. Some of them have terrible side effects. I'm glad you studied them before making a decision.

Wendy-Hope you ate more than just the egg! I've had to make myself eat because I'm just not hungry. I know its from stress. Hopefully I'll get back on track soon.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Ok ladies I am back!

I will play the game...but I will not post any points yet I need to get back into this slow I plan on going full blast in Feb. I need to get some money to buy my food....I am drinking lots of water and thinking about what I will eat for lunch.....

I am glad to read yall today!!! I need to play catchup...see what all of you have been up to.

sotypical
01-19-2007, 12:55 PM
I did not eat the twizzlers yesterday! My little sister and parents stopped by last night to go to Costco so I gave them to her! haha AND I only ate two SMALLER cookies! but my calories were way to low for the day

Karden got his wisdom teeth pulled yesterday, so I got to stay home yesterday and today! haha

Wide in Winnipeg
01-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Yehaa Courtnie!
La3y~ I'm glad you're back! We missed you around here!
I did manage to eat some pasta last night, not much though. Today I'm all swelled up and almost weigh 140, must be the meds. This sucks. Oh well let my body get used to it and it'll come down.
Today I'm taking my books back to the school, since I'm not going back this semester. Then I'm heading to the bank. Thats the excitement for the day.Yippee.
Chat soon!

ArtsyGirl
01-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Sure is quiet around here. I did a 4 mile walk and then 30 min. of strength again this morning. DH has to work so I'm not sure how I'm going to spend the majority of my Saturday. Maybe I'll dive into a clay project.

La3y-Welcome back

BarrieMomof2
01-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Ok, I admit it....I'm scared. :o

I finished my first full week of Weight Watchers and then to have TOM show up this week. I still feel bloated and like I havent lost anything. And everyone says the first week they lose the most...:(

Anyways, I am off, we got alot of snow last night and have to go clean off the van before I can go anywhere. Wish me luck....I will post when I get home and let you know how I did.

HOPING FOR A LOSS....any number will do!! LOL

Anne

ArtsyGirl
01-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Good luck Anne!!!

BarrieMomof2
01-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Well I got myself all worked up for nothing.

Went to the weigh in and..........................down 4.8 since last Thursday!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I can't believe it!!! After having TOM show up, I honestly felt like I had not lost at all.

So just going to keep doing what i'm doing since its working!!

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies, you are awesome!!:dancer:

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Anne

Wide in Winnipeg
01-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Awesome Anne!
Not up to much here today, it snowed so RJ and I can't go skating today, thats ok though I have no energy for that!
I'll check in later!

sotypical
01-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Congrats Anne!!!

I am down 2.4 for this week (most I have lost in one week in a LONG time). .8 less then before christmas! yay!

To celebrate I had a nice breakfast of scrambled egg whites (with a bit of cheese) and mini bagels and burchetta. And now I am going to get on my exercise bike - probably for 30min :) I don't wanna to long, but I wanna do a bit :)

Wide in Winnipeg
01-20-2007, 11:58 PM
Way to go Courtnie!!!!
Well, pretty quiet here today.
I'm off to bed in a few minutes, I'm beat.
Catch ya tomorow!

ArtsyGirl
01-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Hi gals, I'm having a lazy Sunday afternoon. I did some painting just for fun after church and now I'm not sure what I'll do.

Courtnie-Congrats on the loss! All that biking is paying off.

Anne-Great job on the weight loss for the week! I'm so happy you were incorrect about not losing any!!!!

Wendy-Hope you and RJ are having a lovely afternoon.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Hiya gals!
Oh I just had lunch which consisted of a veggie platter with FF ranch dressing and it was SO good!
Having dinner at my folks tonight, chicken wings!!!!
Actually I'm making the wings just so they aren't saturated in grease, I'm just going to throw them in the oven here. I'm serving them naked so if she wants any sauces she's on her own! LOL! I'll whip up a honey mustard or honey garlic for her, no wories!
Check in with you later ladies!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-21-2007, 11:32 PM
Wow, no,posts between 3 PM and now!Crazy!
Off to bed soon, have a good night!

ArtsyGirl
01-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Good morning ladies. :wave: I'm off to a slow start. I did not want to get out of bed for my walk this morning. Its a good thing my neighbor was to meet me otherwise I'd still be sleeping. Anyways, I did go and it was very pretty out with a layer of snow and not really all that cold. We got in our usual 4 miles, and I will probably throw in a harder cardio workout later as those workouts have been helping me control my stress.:exercise: :exercise:

I dont have much on the calendar today. I only have 2 lessons to teach today. I think I'll go to the music store and get one of those students a new book. I had a brainstorming session on what I'd like her to work on next and I think I came up with a song that she'll enjoy, yet be able to develope from.

Ok, hope all of you have a wonderful morning.:coffee:

BarrieMomof2
01-22-2007, 08:20 AM
Good Morning ladies!

I hope you all had a good weekend. It was pretty boring around here. Saturday was grocery shopping and Sunday was church and then home again. So not much excitement here.

Has anyone noticed they are sleeping better? Its something I've noticed has really changed. The boys are finally sleeping through the night, and I am usually up anywhere between 2-4 times. But the last week I haven't been waking up usually until 5:30 or 6 when my hubby gets up...usually around then my little one starts fussing. But its just so nice to get a decent nights sleep :)

No real plans for today. Must get laundry done. Its a never ending battle in my house....my little guy spits up alot so there is ALWAYS laundry to be done. Got my WATP DVD done yesterday, and today going to aim for 1.5 miles....hopefully!

Hope you all have a great Monday!!

Anne

canadian mom
01-22-2007, 09:45 AM
I did relly well with exercising yesterday, i even got on my gazelle a second time last night(just 30 mins) while I watched house of Carters.so I got in 1 1/2 hours yesterday. So far today I have done 1 hour and I think I am gonna try to do anothe 30 mins tonight while I watch TV.(If I can find a show that is interesting enought o watch). Well about 20 mins of my exercising are sit uos ,squats etc....

My house got cleaned from top to bottom yeasterday, like any other Sunday so i just have laundry and dishes today.

Hope you all have a great day.