Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-30-2006, 01:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Default Critique on my food choices

I've stopped using fitday because I found I was obsessing about calories, etc and not how I felt so I am just making healthy choices.

Can someone critique what I ate yesterday and let me know what they think.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup fiber first cereal with 1 cup skim milk

Snack: shake (1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup natural yogurt, 1 frozen banana, 1 tbsp ground flax seeds)

Lunch: 1 bowl homemade soup (leftover elk roast, leftover elk gravy, carrots, potatoes, celery, beef oxo cube), 1 slice 100% whole wheat bread

Exercise I did 14 minutes/1.3 miles of hard work on the gazelle and 5 minutes of weight lifting.

Snack: apple
Snack: 15 homemade banana chips (nothing added to them)
snack: 1.5 slices cheese with 6 ancient grain crackers

Dinner: medium sized broiled chicken breast (no skin, no bone), 1/4 large sweet potato, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup green beans.

Snack: orange

I also drank about 3L of water. I am nursing my 14 month old son so need to consume a bit more than a regular person. I am 5'7, 178 lbs.

I did learn I need to eat more for breakfast, that fiber cereal alone didn't do it for me. I was also starving in between lunch and dinner, maybe I need to add protein to one snack so I don't need to eat 3 snacks in between meals.

Today so far I have had:

Breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal with craisins, dried currants, dried apricots, walnuts.

Snack: 1/2 cup natural yogurt with 1 tbsp sugar free raspberry jam

Lunch: big bowl of soup (same as yesterday) with 1 slice 100% whole wheat bread, 1 cup salad (lettuce, carrot and cabbage) with 1 tbsp low fat italian dressing.

Exercise: WATP 2 mile express (30 minutes)

Last edited by babygrant; 12-30-2006 at 03:10 PM.
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:03 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I think you hit the nail on the head with adding some protein to your snacks. Perhaps if you had the apple and the cheese together first, you would have felt more satisfied. Personally, I LOVE fruit, but when I eat it alone, it keeps me satisfied for maybe all of 10 minutes
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote