South Beach Diet - Joining In

View Full Version : Joining In

jetsetter
12-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Hi, all. I've been reading the boards for awhile, and finally got motivated enough to join in. Long story short...tonight I clean out the fridge...tomorrow I start Phase 1. I've never "been to the beach" before, so this will be a new experience for me. I'll have to wing it for a few days until my books from Amazon arrive (Tuesday, I hope!), so wish me luck and feel free to chime in with some tips and hints if you feel so inclined. :carrot:

weezle
12-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Welcome aboard! The South Beach FAQ will really help you out a lot, especially the Phase 1 updated food list, since you don't have the books yet. There are tons of great recipes on here too. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! The girls here are really helpful and supportive. Good luck to you!

Ruthxxx
12-30-2006, 09:54 AM
:welcome: Jetsetter! Neat nickname! Good advice from our Weezle.

There's lots of support (and sympathy) here. Be sure to chime in on the chat thread where we share our daily lives. Life is not just about dieting, although it sometimes seems that way!

Barb0522
12-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the beach! We're glad to help any way that we can.

jetsetter
12-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Thank you so much, ladies! The FAQ has been a wonderful help, and I spent a couple hours last night reading recipes and making my grocery list for this afternoon. The morning didn't start so great because I wasn't awake when I got up at 5:00, but I'm planning a good lunch and rest of the day.

little chick
12-31-2006, 09:39 AM
:wel3fc: to the beach.