Weight Loss Support - Good Things in 2006

View Full Version : Good Things in 2006

Obsidianbbw
12-29-2006, 05:25 PM
I noticed this time of year tends to be a time of regret, or guilt about what didn't happen during the year...or what did happen over the holidays. I was thinking it might better to focus on the good things that did happen....

So feel free to jump in....

I found 3FC

I went from walking 1 mile and feeling like I couldn't move to walking 5 miles and looking forward to excercise.

I discovered an eating plan that works for me and I can stick too.

I lost 3 lbs. not much, but its the first time ever I have gotten on a scale and it was down instead of up.

I feel better about myself and my body feels better as well.

-obie

Eiluj
12-29-2006, 05:28 PM
I found 3FC, too!

I bought a treadmill and it's been a godsend.

I've lost over 10 pounds.

I made it through yet another year without strangling anyone. :D

Julie

alinnell
12-29-2006, 05:40 PM
I discovered 3FC

I discovered superfoods and whole foods

I discovered how wonderful Trader Joe's is!

I lost 30 pounds

I look forward to losing the last 10 using all of the above plus my new exercise routine (went from walking 5 miles per day early last year to 30 minutes on my Nordic track daily and doing ab work and dumbbell work)

sweetkam
12-29-2006, 05:48 PM
i found 3fc
i lost 10lbs
i can drink 2 liters of water a day(before i didnt drink water but pop):carrot:
2007 is gonna be GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

jillybean720
12-29-2006, 08:39 PM
For the summer of 2006, I didn't have to buy all new summer clothes as I used to because the ones from the previous year were too tight. I'm hoping that for the summer of 2007, I WILL have to buy new summer clothes, but for a new reason: because the ones from last summer will be too BIG ;)

MissH
12-29-2006, 09:16 PM
I lost 1/2 a pound over the holidays. LOL

And I'm with Julie -- I haven't strangled anyone this year. :lol3:

Heather
12-29-2006, 09:28 PM
I haven't even MAIMED anyone (far as I know). ;)

I discovered weight training!!! It's made a big difference in my life!

I continued my weight loss journey, losing another 55 pounds!

abbyin
12-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Wyllenn, 55 lbs.! You should be proud :bravo:

I jumped back on the wagon in October and I have lost 6lbs. since. I know thats not alot but I'm working on it. Gonna start excersising at the first of the year :carrot: (thats a big step for me; I hate to excersise).

I'm proud I started on my "new life journey" this year and plan to kick it up a notch in 2007.

rockinrobin
12-30-2006, 12:26 AM
I changed my life on September 4, 2006 - a day I will never, ever forget. And I day I will celebrate every year as some kind of rebirth. I totally and completely changed my lifestyle. I went from eating everything and anything and being almost completely sedentary to eating healthy foods in normal sized portions and I added exercise and movement to my life. And because of it I lost the first chunk of weight that I have ever, ever lost in my 43 years on this earth - 70 lbs.

And of course I discovered 3FC, which is part of my lifestyle change as well.

I too haven't strangled or maimed anyone - as of yet anyway - still have a couple of days left. ;)

Here's to the year 2007 :cheers: . May it be bigger and brighter and more successful to us all!

just_a_dreamy1
12-30-2006, 02:04 AM
great thread!

Looking back, so many good things happened.

- 2006 was basically the year in which I lost over 40 lbs.
- I went on my first roadtrip...and wore a mini and a bikini for the first time;)
- I worked through so many issues w/my bf and every day still gets better, going into our second anniversary:)
- I got to see my three youngest sisters so many times, after being seperated for more than 3 years.
- Started a savings account w/my bf and actually got onto secure financial footing for the first time in my life.
- Got our car, a new apartment, and a pet. Feeling more grown up by the minute! *lol*
- Welcomed my nephew Aiden into the world and watched my neice Keira grow from a baby into a little girl who amazes me and fills me with love and awe every time I see her.

I'm sure there are more, but I'm going back to obsessing over what I'm going to wear for New Years. (I was having NIGHTMARES last night!)

Kokomo
12-30-2006, 05:21 AM
I joined a walking group

I rarely miss a day of exercise

I joined 3fc

I went from a size 20 to a size 14

Made a 50 lb weight loss goal

Started lifting weights

Made some new healthy friends :)

Bought a swim suit and I wear it

Bought exercise videos and I use them

Set up a exercise room

LisaMarie71
12-30-2006, 11:41 PM
These are so great to read!

Here are some things I did in 2006:

I found 3FC, which has been a REALLY big deal.
I changed my life on July 18, when I committed to losing weight.
I lost 57 pounds.
I went from walking 20 minutes to jogging 30.
I ran 2.4 miles at one time.
I worked out five or six days a week, usually for 45 minutes to an hour, after not working out for sooooo long.
I ran with my husband for the first time.
I lost enough weight to take my wedding ring off for the first time in years.
I got into a size 16 for the first time in years.

Wow, it feels really good to think about this stuff!! :carrot:

ennay
12-30-2006, 11:54 PM
started off the year with the gift of my pregnancy
carried and delivered my beautiful baby boy in October
got to have the natural childbirth I wanted (emergency c with 1st baby)
ran walked and waddled 700+ miles
avoided repeating gestational diabetes
got right back in the saddle and only have 8 lbs to lose to pre pregnancy weight

KnitALisa
12-31-2006, 12:13 AM
Oh man, 2006 has been such a mixed year. I'm not sorry to see it go, because the first part was sucktastic. Panic attacks everynight, gained weight, you get the picture. What a difference the right meds, healthy eating, and exercise makes!!! Who knew?! ;)

-Also discovered 3FC. The support here has meant more than words could possibly describe.

-Lost weight! I weigh about 10lbs less than I did this time last year!! Huge deal for me because this is the first year IN MY LIFE that I have weighed less now than I did last year. (There were those formulative years where I was supposed to get bigger, though!)

-Gave up the car and joined the gym.

-Paid every cent of my tuition by myself!! In cash!!

-Met some new people, renewed a friendship, and welcomed my best friends first baby, Anna, into the world. My first "niece!" Auntie Lisa is so proud!

Oh my, am I looking forward to 2007. It'll be the year when I rock! :)

CLCSC145
12-31-2006, 12:15 AM
Great thread!

:cp: I quit a job I disliked and started a business that's so much fun for me, it shouldn't be called "work"
:cp: Woke up to my weight problem and realized I had the strength and wherewithall to fix it
:cp: Cut heavily processed food from my diet
:cp: Lost 25 pounds OVER THE HOLIDAYS/MY BIRTHDAY! Woo hoo!
:cp: Started exercising again, and went from feeling like I could die after 5 minutes on the elliptical to 25 minutes without being at death's door
:cp: Made some great friends here at 3FC who give me the support I need to make this journey

My hope is that we all have an EVEN BETTER 2007! :grouphug:

LittlePaperStars
12-31-2006, 10:19 AM
I am at the weight I want. (not sure the number, but I like what I see in the mirror) .

Most importantly, I made a plan of how to improve my life for the better in 2007. I got a plan ladies!

NurseMichelle
12-31-2006, 01:11 PM
I love this thread!!!

I found 3FC too, and I feel like I'm making some important and meaningful friendships, not so much the current "Let's go to lunch" girls!

I've lost nearly 80 pounds since March-give or take the 8-10 I've gained over the holidays.

I joined the gym-should I say-went back to the gym- and STUCK WITH IT! Got over my intimidation of the trainers, started talking to them, who showed me amazing exercises/routines.

I'm not so mean/angry/depressed/withdrawn anymore. My confidence is skyrocketting.

I am looking foreward to 2007!!! Bring on swimsuit season!

Lose25
12-31-2006, 01:57 PM
WOw This Thread Is AWASOME!!

I found 3FC in October. I havent lost a pound but a long comming here i have learned about my self and eating habbits. I have a great feeling about 2007 and i know i can do this weight loss.

Happy New YEar To All

CHEERS

sand
12-31-2006, 07:53 PM
Great things of 2006

I packed up smoking

I increased my walking from 3 miles a day to 6 miles

I know 2007 will be great as I will lose this weight!

Sassy_Chick
12-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Awesome Job, Ladies! :congrat:

I found and joined 3FC & The Jaded Ladies

Made many friends

Learned about healthy eating habits

I started walking and walked 1.7 miles one night when our car broke down and I didn't think I would make it, but I did! :carrot:

Started working with my DR to get my blood sugars under control and with weightloss.

Joined the YMCA, although we quit due to financial reasons, I think we still did great! We plan on trying to find an affordable home gym this year! :D

Bought our very first Brand New Car (thats part of the reason why we had to quit the Y) But its worth it, having a car that you can rely on is amazing and a bonus is it looks great too! :)

I am going to push forward in 2007 and lose weight and match my car and be sleek and modern!!!! ;)

Happy New Year!

GR8 2B48
12-31-2006, 11:07 PM
In 2006:

I found 3FC and met a lot of great people here.

I rejoined Weight Watchers, started exercising on an elliptical machine daily and lost 30 lbs.

I'm looking forward to doing even better in 2007.

Happy New Year Everybody,
Denise

lilybelle
12-31-2006, 11:25 PM
I saw my second grandson born.

I wore a swimsuit for the first time in yrs.

I was taken off several of my medications.

I met my weight loss goal and have maintained for almost 6 months.

I feel healthier and happier than I have in years.