Support Groups - Slimmin SAHMmies January 2007!!!!

View Full Version : Slimmin SAHMmies January 2007!!!!

chrily
12-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Started a new thread because they other one was way too long.

We are a very small group of gals trying our hardest to lose weight while still raising our kids and loving our families. Feel free to introduce yourself and join in....

chrily
01-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Hey Ellen!

Happy New Year! Well the first day of the new year and my nose is full of polyeurathane fumes. Oh my! Well we went to my middle daughter's friends house last night for her little brother's b-day and stayed there until after midnight. It was fun actually. I had my worries beforehand, but it was actually nice to talk to adult peoples while the kids had their fun.

Hopefully this year will be better for me and Kelly. Sometimes I get those nagging doubts that I'm not who he wants. How in the world do you get over that????? I know my self-consciousness is getting in the way of alot of things because I am soooo paranoid about my weight and my looks. Then I lay that on him a bit. I get this notion in my head that if I were just thinner, he'd love me more. We all know that's not the case. We've been together for 15 yrs now- 7 of it spent as friends, 8 married. He's seen me through alot of things and he's not the type to base everything and how much you love a person by how they look, but I just wish we could get this distance disease out of the way and have a normal relationship. I guess when you look at how everyone in society usually reacts to an overweight person, it has a way of creeping in on a personal relationship and...so it goes. Then on the otherside, he's stressed and I swear, we barely even look at each other. Now I'm probably getting wayyy too personal for ya. :) ((sorry))

Okay...back to doing nothing. We're locked in the basement away from the fun upstairs. :D Anyhoo, I've gone down from 216.5 to 212 now. I'm scared that I won't be able to do this. Today is day 1 of the new year and I'm using it as my start point for a few changes in my life. I should take pics and document things so I can see how far I go. :carrot:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

christina

upswife
01-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Chris~I know things are hard, but we have to tackle them. Stress is never very good for the relationship...you and Kelly need to get things out in the open and talk. I know I have a ton of issues, and God will bless Chris(DH) for putting up with me. I too am starting anew today, although we were at a party today, and I could have been better with the cookies, but I am going to move past it and keep heading in the right direction. I also spent the day with my brother, and did not bum any cigarettes off of him...that is my second resolution to be completely smoke free for 2007. I haven't bought my own pack in over a year, so I know I can give up the 1-3 a week that I get from him.

On a positive note...Chris and I made it to the gym 4 times last week, and I really feel good for going. YAY

I started my New year off in royal fashion-On the way to the party today we stopped at a sports store, and my ankle gave out, and I completely fell over. I am a little scrapped up, and my ankle is sore, but I should be fine. It did give me an excuse to buy a new ankle brace. :wink:

Gotta go~late nights are catching up to me.

Snoopysgirl
01-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Hi Mommas! I was here...oooohhh....last March!! OY.:o It has been too long. Although I started 2007 off lighter than 2006, like I wanted... if I would have been consistant, I could have been near goal by now. :^: Oh well, 2007 will be my year of completion. I have set a mini goal to be reached by 7/7/07. It is hard to do this for ourselves as SAHMs but we can do this!! Just to update my info.. I am a SAHM to 4 little ones ages 7,6, nearly 4 (this week), and a nursing todder, (17 months). My dh is disabled but works out of the home. (He has ruematoid and osteoarthrtis..is 39 and has had it since age 5; it definately affects the dynamics of the home and marriage). We homeschool and I sometimes attend births as a doula and I am deep in a distance midwifery study course right now. For the most part, I love my life. I just want to be healthy. I have lost the same 60-80 pounds 3 times! This time for good, (especially because my last baby was 11 pounds and I feel that although I wasn't GD, it had to be tied to my poor eating and lack of exercise). I would love to have another pregnancy where I am thin and healthy and strong. Heck, pregnancy aside, I just want to be thinner, healthy and strong. So...anyways, here I am. I hope that we all reach our goals this YEAR.

upswife
01-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Welcome back Snoopysgirl!

Ok Chris I am ready to start this morning, working up the courage to get on the scale to know my starting number. We are heading out to the Museum of Science and Industry for the day. My ankle is still sore, but walkable...I will have to wear the brace today tho. Ok off to brave the scale.

Later chicas!

chrily
01-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Jenni-I remember you!!! Welcome back! Tell your husband I am a fellow rheumatoid sufferer....:) I've had it for 7 almost 8 yrs now. Not as bad as some but definitely changed my life. I wish I could say that I am starting 2007 lighter than I started 2006, but that's not the case. This year I am going to get it done though. I lost a couple pounds over the holidays so that makes me feel better and a little more motivated to keep it up. Just wishing I didn't gain so much last year. Glad to see you back and doing so well. I'll be looking forward to hearing more from you.

Ellen-Hey woman! You twisted your ankle now? My ankle gives out on me from time to time since I sprained it a couple years ago chasing Nicole out of the street at my dad's house. That was my Mother's Day gift to myself that year....a trip to the doctor and a couple hundred dollars worth of x-rays. :D I talked to Kelly a bit last night and told him a little of what's going on with me. i kind of think taking Wellbutrin isn't good for me. I've had more mood swings while taking that. I don't know if its the med though or the amount of stress. God knows, I have plenty of that!

Well not doing to bad today. I'm reading my SB diet book and skimming through an Adkins book to see what I can do for me. I did WW and SB before and lost the most on SB. I also did a program through the hospital last year but that didn't work at all. I think they were more interested in treating their gastric bypass patients rather than the ones, like me, who don't qualify for that. I suppose they make more money off the surgery patients than the regular ones.

I'm stuck babysitting until 2 this afternoon then its back to the running. Kayla from school, Tiana from school, to the store, take Tiana to dance, get dinner going, pick Tiana up from dance. The usual. ;) Classes for me start back up on the 17th. So I have a bit more of a break.

Check back later.

christina

Snoopysgirl
01-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Well, it is after the lunch rush here so I have some time to check in.:D Dh took our son to a special train preschool club at the Children's Museum. I took the 3 girls to the Y and they played in the Child care for 2 hours while I did my new routine in the techno gym..then it was off to Zumba! class for me. (The Y just started offering Zumba..go to www.zumba.com for more info on what Zumba is). I have to say.. the class is so fun because it is mostly SAHM's like me who are just doing their best to lose a few pounds..with varying degrees of coordination, LOL. The technogym is neat.. it records your heart rate and other details like weight lifted, etc. and tracks your progress. I am hoping that it helps me reach my goal by keeping me accountable. Today was fun because one of the dads of the client who had a waterbaby was working so I was able to catch up with him while pumping iron, LOL. I was a bit embarrassed by my lack of weight lifting skill, but hey, we all gotta start somewhere...and the best part of starting on the bottom is that there is soooo much room to see progress.;)

Now that lunch is over, I have to put the baby down to nap and then I will shower. Hopefully the other children will play somewhat quietly so she will sleep..and then off to the library to sign up for the winter reading program. (and also return some over due library books!:devil: )

Christina-- I hope that the running around doesn't fatigue you too much. I know with the RA, the little things add up quickly. When you are a mom, there are so many expectations of things that need done and sometimes it is just a LOT! Have fun going through the information on weight loss methods; I hope that whatever you choose is successful for you this year.

Ellen-- I hope that your ankle heals completely, soon. That sounds rough.

Have a great afternoon everyone.:hug:

chrily
01-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Jenni-I think doing everything in moderation is the hardest part for me. Seems like with RA there is a very very thin line between feeling fine and getting drop dead tired or hurting. I'm still figuring out where some of those points are. I know for sure that my wrists can't take a whole lot of pressure. Just carrying a foam mattress to our camp trailer this summer (with my husband on the other end) put my left wrist in a brace for the next few days. Its those simple things, the day to day stuff, that I have to watch. The funny part is that I can walk for quite a while before I feel the ache. Before I gained all this weight back, while I was working out at the gym, I very rarely had any flare ups or pains. I felt awesome. Now its like the opposite. I've even noticed recently that I can wake up in the morning just totally exhausted and then ready to pass out and take a nap by 10. Might be from stress too.....:D Techno gym sounds awesome. I've heard of Zomba classes too, but I've never really seen what they were like. I'll have to check out the website.

Well back to pogo.com. The kids are watching a movie and I'm bored. There isn't much to do at my sister's house and I'm stuck babysitting.

Christina.

Snoopysgirl
01-03-2007, 07:28 AM
Today is going to be busy. I am taking a friend/client and her two small children to her prenatel appointment. Her baby is breech and she is due soon, so she really needs the extra emotional support, and I don't mind taking her. However, that will be a few hours out of my day, so I am planning a crockpot dinner tonight since I will need to play catch up the rest of the day. I am also taking the two older girls (they are 7 and 6), to the YMCA late this afternoon for swimming while I do Hydrofit, so for a healthy dinner, crockpot it is!:D Dh has been asking for chili lately and we have everything for that, so I think that I will put that to start in the crockpot here shortly.

One lil thing that bugged me though.. why is it that some people think that just because you are a stay at home mom, you are able to do whatever you want or they need you to do?? My friend, who is also a stay at home mom, (so she should know better..but she is a young mom, so perhaps she hasn't figured it out yet), she said that she called me first to take her to her appointment because her other friend had company who left a few days ago and her kids are due back at school today, and she really is going to enjoy some peace and quiet. Okay.. so you instead call the mom of 4 who homeschools and who helps her disabled husband with their home business? She has never wanted a slice of slow down and smell the pie??:?: I will blame it on her preggo hormones or something.. but I really want to give people a piece of perspective at times. Oy. I should stop venting now..I noticed yesterday that I was quite irritable and I think AF will be here within the week. Like clockwork. I hate it but at the same time I am glad to expect it, so I know that anything that shows up on the scale despite my hard work, is due to her and hopefully will be gone when she leaves.

OH..and I didn't get dinner until after the kids were in bed last night and so I was not making good decisions..I should have stopped at the dinner I finally had..but went on to eat 2/3 of a bag of dark chocolate Milano cookies. I wasn't even hungry..even full after a few..but I kept going. I know it was the irritability and stress that pushed it along..but it wasn't a void that they could feel. I really need to plan ahead and set up more safeguards so that sort of stuff doesn't happen. Normally they would not have even been in the house, but dh brought them home on New Years eve as a suprise "treat" for me ..I think to make himself feel better about the few bags he bought for himself, LOL. Ah..he tries. If only he knew how much happier I will be once the skinny person inside escapes this fat suit I carry with me 24/7.

upswife
01-03-2007, 10:46 AM
ladies...I did ok yesterday, but did get a small treat yesterday at the museum...old fashioned Ice cream, but I did only get one scoop. Then last night we had left over cookies from New years, and I had two of those. Been very irritable this morning, but trying to work through it. Trying to get the tree down,and laundry folded this AM. Dh and I will make it to the gym tonight after dinner...not what I would like, but too much running around with him on vacation.

Later chicas

chrily
01-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Well yesterday didn't go too bad but Kelly called me today after his meeting at work. He is totally p.o'ed. Our plan was to just go a bit longer to save some money so that he could quit Sears and go out on his own but now his Tech Manager jumped on him and told him he has to work thurs again or else he's fired. They give him these days and take them back faster than you can blink. He jumped on Kelly for bad performance ratings and Kelly told hiim he better check again because his ratings were higher than anyone else ( and they are) and then Kelly told hiim was sick of following up on calls were the other techs didn't know what they were doing or ordered tons of parts that didn't need to be. The other tech mistakes go against the last tech who visits the customer. I guess it was quite the meeting. I would love to tell him to just walk away but he needs to get his stomach surgery done and we don't have any money saved towards our bills if he went totally out on his own. Don't know what to do.....

Well gotta find a phone number for my dh and call him back. Check back later.

Christina

upswife
01-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Chris~ sorry I am posting so late, I did see your post but Dh took my attention, and I never got back to the comp. Sorry to hear that things are bad for kelly at work... I know how much stress that contributes to the relationship. ((hugs))

Will catch you again tomorrow.

chrily
01-05-2007, 12:17 AM
Hey ladies ....

Quick fly by for me. Just had to let you know that Kelly is having stomach surgery on Jan. 16th. It's a relieft to know that he is finally going to be getting it done.

Well to bed with me. I'm having some RA problems today and my joints hurt along with yet another cold I have managed to contract. Tis the season, right????

Night,

christina

Snoopysgirl
01-05-2007, 06:36 AM
Sorry I wasn't able to post yesterday..I was just bummed. I didn't make the best choices food wise and I am just really tired.

I am glad that your dh can get his surgery now, hopefully he will experience healing soon.

chrily
01-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Hay, I'm hoping this surgery really helps him out. He's had horrible acid reflux for a few years and the acid has caused some cellular changes in his esophagus and now he's precancerous. Esophogeal cancer is pretty much deadly. I've read up on it and the survival rate, even with treatment is 5%. There is still a big chance for that but the surgery will help alot in lowering those chances. I'm not ready to let go of him yet. I want him to be "all better."

Okay...I need to go find something for lunch. I just don't know what to eat. I feel just awful. I have a nasty cold AGAIN, my RA is acting way up and I ache, AND to top it all off, I have my TOM and major cramps and backpain. I got slammed with it all at one time. Ewww.....

Well gonna see what else is happening, throw a load of laundry in and finish packing away the Christmas stuff. Check back later.

Christina

upswife
01-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Chris~You must have what my sister has, My mom had to take her to the Dr again. Must be some serious virus! Glad to hear that Kelly will have his surgery I will keep him in my prayers.

Snoopy I was not good yesterday either, but I just had to pick myself back up and get moving again. I finally made it back to the gym after not going all week. I am hoping to get my lazy butt out of bed early enough to go to the gym before work in the morning.

Well, Off to finish laundry and put it all away! If you don't hear from me next week look under the mountain of laundry in my Living room! :P

chrily
01-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Hmmmm....Ellen, it seems you have the same mountain of laundry that I do. My main question is:

Where in the world does it come from????

That is one LARGE cosmic question. I don't know what to do with this cold. I have to take methotrexate for my RA and that is an immune suppressing cancer drug. Last week I only took half the dose because I wasn't feeling good and I hurt quite a bit this week, I don't dare NOT take it this week or I won't be walking. :) I have such a mess in this house. Trying to get the laundry done and things are in piles here and there. We can't put anything back in the livingroom until Sunday. This is driving me insane!!!!! Oh well.

Gonna go,

christina

chrily
01-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Okay...now I get to finally brag about something good!!!

My niece (my mom's step granddaughter) had a baby girl today. Her name is Leila Faith. She was a bit early but still weighed in at 7 lbs. 11 1/2 oz and 19 in. long. My niece, Kacey, is diabetic and was having some problems with TIA's so they had to take the baby early. When she called tonight (and I haven't seen her since June) she said she almost died twice with this baby. Scary stuff. She's done now. She's got her little boy and a baby girl. I'll have to get up and see her tomorrow.

Chris

upswife
01-06-2007, 08:04 AM
congratulations!!!! I love new babies!

I did not get up in time to go to the gym, so I will just have to go tomorrow after church. Oh well, I need to work out this time on Saturdays, I know I have enough time, but I just have to juggle dome things around. And like last week, I could go after work, but DH and I have plans already so I will just have to move a lot at work! hahaha

gotta run. have a wonderful Saturday!

chrily
01-06-2007, 10:47 AM
I'm not moving much either. :D My house still looks like a national disaster area. Tomorrow I can FINALLY start putting stuff back in the livingroom. Kelly was a little upset last night because the two littlest girls put a scratch in the floor already.

I'm feeling better today and its my day to take my meds so by tonight I should be feeling some of the ache going away. I know RA isn't strictly an old people's disease but I still think it stinks that it happened to me. (only mildly bitter....:) ). Naw, for the majority of the time its not bad at all, its these little "episodes" that frustrate me.

Well I better go stick my buns in the shower. Tiana has a private dance lesson at 10 to catch her and a couple other girls up with the rest of the class.

Catch up with you later girls....

christina

Snoopysgirl
01-06-2007, 03:59 PM
I hope that everyone is having a good weekend. It isn't my official weigh in day, (that is still a few days away), but I am down to 200 this morning, and that is great for me; I am hoping to be in onederland within a week or two. I am expecting AF so I wont be too upset if the scale fluctuates a bit over the next couple of weeks. I have been consistant with my daily exercise, and I think that helps a lot. I haven't really cut out any food groups, but I have been trying to avoid second helpings, and stop when I am hungry, even if there is food left on my plate. Trying to get away from the "clean plate club" mentality. I am not a garbage disposal! :o

Christina, I am sorry that you have to deal with the RA issues. I often feel bitter that my dh has to live with that horrible disease. He is 39 and has had it since age 5; that thought just seems very awful to me. It makes me appreciate my health and feel guilty about letting myself get so unhealthy. Some people have no choice or obstecles in their path. I have no excuse but myself. You are amazing for plugging away in spite of the RA..keep going girl.:hug: :carrot:

I also have a few loads of laundry..not stressing about it too badly. I have a load of whites in now..I need to go add bleach and then maybe run a load of colors through. I am not sure if they will get folded and put away today though..but they will be CLEAN. ;) I am more lax on the weekends but I do bits at a time..but it piles up to BIG BITES very quickly.:dizzy: My dishes are done and kitchen is mostly tidied..so I am cool with it right now.

I have to go pick up my son's birthday cake. He chose a Hotwheels theme. He will be 4 tomorrow. Thankfully, birthday cake is not a huge tempation for me. Too sweet and it just doesn't do it for me like dark chocolate does, LOL.

I hope that everyone can enjoy the rest of their weekend.

Warmly,

Snoopysgirl
01-07-2007, 01:22 PM
I hope that everyone is having a nice Sunday. It is my son's birthday; he is 4 today. He chose a hotwheels themed cake. It is very exciting for him. I have been trying to just play with the kids today. I did end up folding 3 loads of laundry this morning..and maybe I will put in a Walk Away the Pounds dvd to exercise when the baby goes down for her nap. OH..and I was in onederland..by the skin of my teeth this morning. (but I will take what I can get!!!) 199. I am fully okay with it fluctuating a bit before I am firmly in the 190's..but it is an exciting milestone, LOL.

Enjoy your famlies today. Give them kids a hug.:hug:

chrily
01-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Ahhh...morning or afternoon. Whatever it may be. We went to church this a.m. and then took a trip to Costco. Cha Ching--our wallet is empty now.

I'm still feeling kind of yucky. I almost had to leave in the middle of church. I feel better now. Not sure if its the cold or if it was the medicine. My heart started beating strange, I felt like I couldn't breathe, and my stomach was just feeling gross. Then I started sweating like crazy and my shirt was soaked underneath so when I went outside I got the chills so bad. I feel almost human now. Thank God!

Well better go help unload the Costco bootie. :D Check back later.

Christina

upswife
01-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Hope you both had good Sundays! We spent it at my mom's while my dad and hubby picked up our new/used organ. eating has been erratic, and may be expecting AF soon... though not sure when with the misc and all. I am up 1.5 pounds, btu will keep moving.

Mad it to the gym today Yay!!!!!

Snoopysgirl
01-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Hey, I hope that everyone is doing okay. I am cranky today, but I am maintaining my weight. I think AF is a few days away..I feel like I want to jump out of my skin.:devil: ;) I have been cleaning house today and I am doing a water class at the ymca tonight.

Snoopysgirl
01-09-2007, 06:41 AM
Good Morning Everyone. I am drinking my daily cup of joe. I love it. I weighed in a pound less this morning. :carrot: :carrot: I am trying to remember to really push the water so I won't get dehydrated and be losing so much water weight. Today is busy... working out this morning and then plans to road trip it to our bank and maybe hit the local Trader Joes. I love Trader Joes.Anyone else?

chrily
01-09-2007, 11:09 AM
I spent Sunday feeling sick, and Monday feeling sick, and today feeling sick. I don't like colds!!!!

Not much happening. On my way out the door to go to the bank and then to my sister's house to babysit the kids. Then take Tiana to dance, cook dinner, pick her up and pass out on the couch. :D

Needless to say, since I don't feel so good, I'm not even trying with my weight loss efforts. Hopefully this goes away soon. I'm tired of feeling this way.

Check back later...

christina

p/s we don't even have a trader joes....:(

Snoopysgirl
01-10-2007, 07:39 AM
Well, Good Morning.

Oh Christina, I am sorry that you are feeling bad.:( If I lived a wee bit closer I could bring you some yummy chicken vegetable soup. :hug:

My workout sort of stank yesterday. The first part was good..then there was a new instructor for the Zumba..I think that I will try another night with the old one. This one totally was off the rythem..totally messed me up and I felt like I really didn't burn as much as usual. THEN, I get home and this woman from this new church we visited..brough a huge chocolate cake from a local pastry shop:devil: It was a nice thought..but I ended up donating the cake to a family at LLL last night. We still have leftover birthday cake and I just didn't need the temptation. I am not big on having tons of that stuff in the house, anyways.

We got a bunch of yummies from Trader Joes.. organic apples and pears, sweet potatoes, and some odds and ends like japenese soba noodles and artichoke hearts and organic root beer. The prices are nearly half what I would pay locally. I swear, it is worth the drive to stock up a bit when we make the trip. I wish every town had a Trader Joes, my town could seriously use one.

Another notch down on the scale.. I am hoping to making my mini goal by spring. Hoping...

I will be back later.

upswife
01-10-2007, 09:22 AM
ladies~Sorry I have been MIA a little, I have been eating everything under the sun, and didn't feel like posting. I am trying to do better, but I guess it just comes down to willpower...and I don't have any!

I am hopping back on track today. I am going to just write everything down, and hope that it helps. Well, Off to the gym this morning, at leat I am doing that right!

Chris~ I hope you feel better!! ((hugs))

chrily
01-10-2007, 10:24 AM
My weight is back up a bit. I don't know what to make of that one because I'm not eating a bunch of junk. Maybe some water in me....:D As soon as I feel just a bit better, I'm going to start walking on my treadmill. I think in a few days I should be about back to my normal self. (i hope)

Well off to my sister's for a "wonderful" day of kid watching. I pray that Conner won't find too much to get into .

Christina

Snoopysgirl
01-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Good Morning Ladies. I woke up earlier than usual, sooo... I got up so early this morning and went to the Y to work out before the family woke up. It was so weird.. all these cars sitting in the parking lot waiting for the Y to open at 5:30 am on the dot..and when the clock hit that magic number...all these car doors opened and it was like Black Friday, LOL..j/k:D I am going to hold off weighing in again until next week. I am getting a little obsessed feeling with weighing every day..now I want to weigh several times a day and that is just nuts. Once a week, likely Monday or Tuesday.

Hope that everyone has a great day.

Warmly,

chrily
01-11-2007, 02:31 PM
I guess its afternoon now. I stayed home from work today. I feel so awful. My second night of barely any sleep and my body just aches. I keep having anxiety attacks because I can't breathe. My head and chest are both congested so bad. Just miserable.... I haven't been sick like this for years. Guess it kind of makes me scared. I know, what a baby! ;) You're talking to the girl who barely gets the flu and normally only has a cold for 2 days or so.

Last night we got dumped on with the snow. YIKES! Today its only 4 degrees. The next few days are supposed to be icy cold with sub zero temps. Ellen, I'm sure you're probably getting some of this too.

Well I'm going to go back and lay down. The couch is calling me....

christina

upswife
01-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Chris the weather here has not been bad but we are supposed to get freezing rain or snow by tomorrow night. Feeling better went to the dr and had a good talk... we are trying out some new meds, so we will see if that helps.

I made it to the gym four days this week!!! I hope to get there tomorrow, but it depends on how I feel, and If I can get up early enough to go before work.

Have a great weekend girls will try to check in over the weekend.

chrily
01-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Hey gals....
Didn't exercise today but I did feel better. I got out and went to the store with my sister. I still don't have a whole lot of energy. After just a few minutes of walking I felt kind of lightheaded and queasy. I think I am at the tailend of whatever it is that I have.

I'll check back soon.

Christina

upswife
01-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Chris I am glad to hear that you are feeling better! I didn't do to bad this weekend, although a small trip with some chips, but over all pretty good. Goal this week is to exercise 4-5 days and to start getting my water in. I have been really bad about that, and need to get back on track.

WI tomorrow not sure how the scale will go. but will keep trying no matter what!

later chicas!!

upswife
01-16-2007, 02:04 PM
Chris~Both you and Kelly are in my prayers today. I hope everything goes well with his surgery today.

chrily
01-16-2007, 11:53 PM
Kelly's surgery went well. Hopefully he can come home tomorrow. I don't handle this alone thing well at all. And of course to top off the day, I had to go to the doctor. I got outside the hospital in the cold air this evening and couldn't quit coughing and started throwing up blood. Nice....

Anyhow, my so called cold went from a virus to a bacterial infection. So now I'm on antibiotics, an inhaler, and codeine cough syrup. I was trying so hard to not feel yucky for Kelly and ended up failing miserably at it. I was so upset, I called my mom and cried. (okay..maybe I was hysterically miserable when I called her) I just can't hold it together.

Hoping my baby hubby can come home tomorrow and I'll start feeling better. Things just suck here....I got home from picking the kids up at my MIL's house and came home to a house full of doggie puke. They ate the cat food while I was gone and got sick...THat is soooo the last thing I wanted to do tonight. Oh well. I'm going to go sack out and maybe sleep some. Check back tomorrow....

Christina

upswife
01-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Chris~so sorry you are feeling so yucky. considering all that happened yesterday I think you are doing ok. It is very difficult to be strong for someone else when you are sick. I hope the antibiotics help clear up what ever it is you have. and I am glad that Kelly's surgery went well. Will keep praying for a quick recovery for you both.

upswife
01-18-2007, 02:21 PM
:hug: To chris and snoopysgirl

Hope you both are doing well.

LondonJulz
01-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Hello Ladies! I hope that you don't mind if I just jump in. I didn't even know this thread existed!!!!

I am Julie. I am 27 and I am a SAHM of 2 kiddos. Our son, Jacob will be 2 on Jan. 31 and our daughter, Kylie will be 1 on Feb.11 *WHEW* My hubby and I have been married almost 4 years (march 8). I love what I do and am so thankful I can be a SAHM. I joined 3fc Feb. 2005, but only came here twice. Just 2 weeks ago I "rejoined" and come here many times a day!
One thing I get tired of is people thinking that because I am a SAHM, I should have no problem losing weight and that i have it easy. I think our job is one of the toughest jobs in the world.... 1) we never clock out, 2)every day is different... if your "boss" (aka your kids) needs you now..... you have to drop everything.... 3) cleaning, cooking, washing, shopping.... you name it, we could have a degree in it! :D But, I LOVE being home with my kids and I wouldn't trade this "job" for anything.

Anyway - I will be checking in here daily, I look forward to getting to know you all.

Lady J

chrily
01-20-2007, 06:05 AM
LadyJ-I personally think that being a sahm makes it harder to lose weight. At least it is for me. The temptations are closer and always there. When I worked full-time there was less distractions for dieting. Now when the kids want a snack, I'm there. When I walk through the kitchen (and you have to pass through it to get anywhere in the house), the food is there. And i don't think alot of people think of it this way but in all actuality, being a sahm is a very stressful job, even more so than "traditional" careers.

ANyhow, welcome to the group. I'll check back later. It's super early in the morning and I am having an insomnia moment...yet AGAIN! :)

Christina

upswife
01-20-2007, 07:20 AM
Chris~ how funny! I had insomnia last night too...and I never have it. Hoping all is well...off to the gym b4 work.

Later chicas!!!

chrily
01-22-2007, 12:31 AM
Hey gals. Well after my night of insomnia, I crashed super hard last night. I'm going to head there now. I have work tomorrow and the girls have school, and I have some homework to read...ewwww!!!

check back later...

christina

upswife
01-23-2007, 08:48 AM
Chris~Not much going on here, just trying to make it through every day. I have done well with the gym, but I really need to be more careful with my eating over the weekend. The kiddies are finally all fine, not more sickies for me!!!! Yay!

Well, Have to get moving, gotta work this afternoon.

chrily
01-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Yesterday I was H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E!!! TOM is coming and I have the PMS munchies going on something fierce.

I think I have the whole world mad at me today. :D My SIL has some sort of grudge going on. Don't know what its about. And my sisters are p.o.ed because I said this semester I could only babysit on Wed. I'm not putting in two full days babysitting (from 9 to 6 at night). I work on Mon and Thurs. Fridays are always too busy and my assignments are usually due on Sat. I do need some downtime with my family and time to do my homework. They'll get over it.

So today me and Coli are sitting at home. She's watching High School Musical and I'm working on my Finite math and reading my Macroeconomics and Physical Science books. How exciting huh!!!

Well better go and get back to the books.

Christina

CynthiaB
01-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Hi ladies!

It's been way too long since I've posted here, so I'll reintroduce myself. My name is Cindy and I'm in the Atlanta area, SAHM to one super little boy, married to the best hubby ever, and we also have a million cats and hermit crabs.

I just finished with a Tae Bo workout and it's almost time to get the Sir up from his nap, but I thought of you ladies and I'm wondering how everyone is doing. I don't even know how much I weigh anymore, so in my ticker I put the last weight I remember (about 2 weeks ago). Nowhere to go from here but down! How is everyone else doing on their goals?

I thought I saw the word "homeschool" here somewhere? I can't remember who else is homeschooling, but that's so cool because we are too. Well, our son is only 2-1/2 right now, but we made that decision even before he was born. We'll have to chat.... :-)

Not much else is new with me since I was a regular poster a few months ago. What's new with everyone else?

Talk to you soon!

Cindy B.

chrily
01-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Okay...Cindy, how in the world could we forget you?!?!?!?

Welcome back and I'll be watching for more posts from you. How's it been going? I've gained back some of my weight but I've been having a VERY stressful last few months so I'm not going to kick myself too hard. Working on getting back on track. I told my husband I'm at the edge of a cliff. I'm so ready to take the leap again and get excited about getting healthy but there is that stupid "safety net" of fat that is keeping me where I am.

Do you gals ever get that feeling that something exciting is coming and you feel that happy tension. Well that is where I am. I don't know why I just don't take that step forward and start on the healthy way again. I hate being fat, but in a way its part of my comfort zone--not many people expect much from an overweight person so it's just easier to be invisible I guess. Hope you all understand that.

Well I really better go. The kids have an early out today for school and I need to get Conner dressed so we can go. He's mosying around in his undies. Least I wasn't babysitting him yesterday. He leaned on my sister's window and broke it, and accidently flushed a pair of his undies down the toilet. :D If there is a bad idea to do..he's your boy!!!

Christina

CynthiaB
01-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Christina: Hey lady! Your little Sir sounds like a handful as is mine! But they are so wonderful even if they're getting into trouble!

I know your feeling about something being just around the corner. Hold on to that feeling and run with it... literally! Wouldn't it feel great if that feeling not only didn't go away, but got stronger? I think it can if you just start your new "healthy" life! I feel the same way today, and I'm going to exercise and eat right and keep that feeling strong.

I'm tired of excuses. I started made excuses over a year ago and look where it got me... heavier. So now I will do what needs to be done, even if I kick and scream the whole time! I'm sick of being fat.

And I know your feeling about being "invisible". Yes, sometimes it's a blessing! but most of the time it's annoying. I NEVER have liked being the center of attention, but I would at least like to be noticed and listened to a little more often. Not my husband or the rest of the family; they're great. But I think it's not exactly us being overweight that makes us invisible, it's probably got more to do with a lack of self-confidence.

Well, time to get moving. I hope to hear from you again soon! This thread is slow, let's get it jumping again! Are you still doing Tae Bo?

- Cindy B.

upswife
01-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Hi all still here, just had abusy weekend with b-days and all. Will try to get in to post more tomorrow.

((hugs))

upswife
02-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Chris~ How is Kelly doing after the surgery??? I hope he is healing well, and it didn't add too much stress to your already stress filled life.

Cindy~ nice too meet you I hope you can stick around this time. I am a SAHM of three ages 6.5, 5, and 3.5. I do work part time, on tues and sat but hubby is home then watching the kids. I most am doing portion control/calorie counting, and trying to exercise my butt off.

Well, after a slow start to the week I am finally into a good groove. Made it to the gym yesterday and today...planning on tomorrow and Sat b4 work. I know I backed myself into a corner, but i have to go, so I will make sure I get in bed early enough on Friday to get there. Well, Off to finish laundry, only 2 more loads to fold.

BTW~does anyone want to make a new thread for February???Let me know I can do it too.

chrily
02-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Ellen sorry for giving you abandonment issues. :hug: Kelly is doing great. He feels so much better. No acid, no tummy aches! :D Of course he may have a really bad reaction when we get the bill for the surgery...LOL. Poor guy!

Not much happening here. I'm going to the doc. on Friday to discuss my weight gains, my lack of energy, and my depression issues. See if we can't get some of the puzzle of me sorted out a little.

Today is a baby shower for my niece. I found out her best friend, Brandy, is in my economics class and we got to talking and decided to throw my niece a baby shower for her little girl. She doesn't have any girl stuff. So this is interesting. Brandy picked the place to have it. I thought it was HER mom's house. Well it's at my stepdad's x-wife's house. OMG! My mom's going to need a drink....

Gotta go...

christina

upswife
02-05-2007, 08:55 AM
((hugs))

I will try to get in to post later. Dh is off. and I have to get DS on the bus...running late this AM.

upswife
02-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Chris~I hope the baby shower went well. They can be so much fun!!! Things are going well here, just trying to stay warm. This extreme cold is hard for us to get through. And it is snowing again. looks like about 3 inches or so.

I have a dr's appt on Monday. I am going to ask her about upping the dosage on the meds I am on. They have really helped, but I am still fighting the tiredness. I hope a small increase in dosage will help the sleeping a little more.

Gotta run I hope you feel better after your appointment.

chrily
02-12-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm not going to try to catch up on everything. I've been sick as a dog for the last few days. Ended up in the ER one night with chest pains, and have been freakin out. But after careful consideration of my symptoms...it was all because of an allergic reaction to yeast. I'm highly allergic to the stuff. I was eating sourdough bread because the package said no added yeast...(they didn't add any..sure..but it was loaded with it). I quit eating the stuff and my symptoms are going away. I still feel yucky but at least I don't feel like I"m dying. My heart races, I get super dizzy, am short of breathe...and feel awful when I get too much of something. So long story short..I'm getting better.

I'll check back when I feel better...
Chris

upswife
02-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Chris~I am glad that you found out what was making you sick. I hope you feel better soon. All is good here...just fighting a sinus inf, but not feeling yucky.

Went back to the gym yesterday after a week of not going. I thought I was going to have a hard time, but it was like I had not been gone. I must have needed the break. Have to work today...will have to leave a little early it is snowing here again...most likely we will get about 9in. Gotta go!

((hugs))

chrily
02-21-2007, 10:27 PM
These last two weeks have been ****. I have never felt this miserable. I'm feeling better but still have the occasional breathless episodes that send me into a full-blown panic attack. I still feel weak, don't have much of an appetite, and I do get shaky still, but I think the majority of the yeast is out of my system now. Just can't get rid of those nagging feelings that there is still something wrong. I'm sure its just more anxiety but its hard to tell reality from my imagination on that.

I did have a dr. appt and they want to test me for sleep apnea. I guess that can cause anxiety attacks, depression, serious lack of energy, insomnia, daytime drowsiness, and weight gain. Hmmm..all of which I have. He set me up with double meds for depression. I'm taking Lexapro again (hate the side effects, but need the seratonin) and to take care of the rest of me I'm back on Wellbutrin XL. I'm also on antihistimines and Sudafed. I feel like a walking pill container.

I'm sorry for being gone so long. I just haven't felt good at all. Some days it felt like I was going to die. That bad....seriously. I've scared my family to death and myself also. I get nauseous even thinking about bread or bread like things. NO MORE FOR ME EVER! :)

Gonna go. My grades have gone way down from all this and I need to study for my Finite math test tomorrow. Talk to you soon...

uniquedd
02-22-2007, 03:00 AM
Hello everyone. I am a SAHM (which is new for me AGAIN). I have 4 sons 25,21,15 and well ummmmm.....14 months. Crazy I know :dizzy: . He is truly a joy. I am now a SAHM and it is definately a change. :) . He keeps me busy sometimes too busy. I am wanting to loose about 50 lbs or so. I found this and thought it would be great to chat with other SAHM that are working on loosing some weight. I am 42 and live in N California. I hope to give support as well as receive some. And of course make some online friends and have fun. Congrats to all who have been loosing.

upswife
02-22-2007, 08:50 AM
:welcome3: Rose!

Chris~I am so sorry you have been feeling so bad. I hope things clear up for you soon! I am getting a sleep study done too, my appt is on March 1, I don't think I stop breathing at night, just need to get my schedule back...too long having bad sleeping patterns. Doing ok here...will wait to weigh in on Monday. HAd a bad case of the monthlies, so I am hoping most of it is water.

momtu2
02-22-2007, 03:09 PM
:wave: hello!
i was wondering if i could join you all?
let me introduce myself!
i'm tracy, 27, SAHM to 2 gorgeous kids. hayley is 2, and mason is 1. i started getting serious about my weight loss in july and havve gone from 182-167. my goal is to be 140 by the summer time.
i hope to get to know you all better soon!

chrily
02-22-2007, 11:59 PM
Hey Tracy, You sure can join in! The more the merrier.

My name is Chris, sahm of 3 daughters...ages 4, 7 , and 13. I go to school full-time and do work 2 days a week for my dad. I live in Montana, am 35 going on 36 in April and I have rheumatoid arthritis. That about covers it.:)

Ellen, I have felt just awful. I'm not sure what they will find with my sleep study but I have insomnia something terrible. I only average 3-4 a night and that little bit is with alot of waking up constantly. I'm supposed to do an in-home sleep study first and then they will decide if I need to do the one in the hospital. I'm just tired of being exhausted all the time.

Well off to bed. I kicked butt on my FINITE test tonight so I am totally happy....:D

Christina

uniquedd
02-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Hello everyone just checking in to say I have done 4 miles the last 2 mornings :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: . It is tough at times..... . :dz: Hope everyone has or has had a great day.

Chow

upswife
02-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Chris~Great job on your test!! I hope your sleep study goes well

rose~ Great job with 4 miles!!!! It is tough getting anything done b4 the kids get up.

Gotta run to work have a great Saturday!!!