Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-29-2006, 09:06 AM   #1  
Maggi

Default Newbie, poor Newbie

I'm a newbie, having my surgery in Mexically Mexico with Dr Alberto Aceves on the 10th of Jan. Excited, scared, nervous. We fly out the 9th from Mobiel Ala, we live in Florida abouat 1.5 hours from Mobile.

Can't wait to be a looser. I'm hoping for a minimum of 80 pounds before I have to work it as a regular diet.

I've been reading "Weight loss surgery for Dummies" and a few other books to get my head in gear. Anyone else hae any other surggestions.

Or has anyone every used this same doctor?

Hugs to all us wantabee skinnies

Karen
magnoliamouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:01 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

so, darlin - are you PACKED? ready to go? nervous?

once the surgery is over with, the process becomes a day-by-day, hour-by-hour thing - with lots of changes in habits and attitudes.

congrats for making a decision! and keep us posted!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:04 PM   #3  

Hi, Karen! Best wishes for a successful surgery and weight loss to follow!

The only concern I know of regarding surgery in Mexico is the lack of follow-up and support following the procedure. These things can be crucial to your long-term success! If you would like to, send me a PM and I will give you a website where there is great support and much helpful information as well.

I know you are raring to go! May the surgery help you realize all your hopes and dreams.
DancingAngel is offline   Reply With Quote