Support Groups - Back in Kindergarten #20 (12/29/06)

jules1216
12-29-2006, 07:33 AM
"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

Last three posts:

From SuzyQ:
Good Morning,
My head hurts!! Step dad gave me some brandy last night to sleep,,,,,,,hmmm, wow. I don't think I have ever been more drunk - lol I called Michael and chatted away , I thought I was slurring my words...and this morning he asked how much I had drunk and I said "little, little bit" ......swear......he just said I seemed chatty, never seen me that way and said he would go out and buy me some brandy now,,,,lol
I have lost 2 pounds this week!
Lovely avatar Michelle I thought of you on Christmas when I went to see my fathers gravesite. It is so hard, I hope you are hanging in there. HUGS
I better go. Chat more later!!

From Cristina:
Howdy Chickies!

SUSAN...brandy? Ick! Lol...I don't think I have ever tired the stuff. Funny Michael thought you were a little chatty...maybe you did have a little too much, lol. I know if I were to drink anything it doesn't take much for me to get a buzz. Hey...WTG on the 2 pounds!

Hi ya JULES!hope you are not working too hard.

Yeppers, MICHELLE...like your new avatar too! You always find such cute ones!

Not much going on with me...running errands and getting stuff done around the house. Supposed to get some icky weather later this evening, or tonight-rain and snow sometime. Think the snow was coming later, like Friday or Saturday...don't know. Anyway...better get going. Need to go help V...he's painting Jason's room and man that stuff is stinking bad. Don't remember paint smelling this bad before, really strong. Okay, starting to babble.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a good day. Lots of hugs to you all!

From Jules:

Susan--brandy--ick--my nanny used to use Rock-n-Rye whiskey as cough syrup and I believe she put brandy in her coffee.....hugs to you missing your Dad during the holiday season

Michelle--I have to agree you and Sassy both find great avatars and I love both of your signatures....

Sassy--Where are you girlie!!!

Cristina--should be off until Monday but I am going in some in the morning, there are a couple of things that have to be done for the start of the new year....

Katy--how did dh like his sweater??

Bep--have you left us forever like Shawna and SusanNYC and the rest.....

jules1216
12-29-2006, 07:42 AM
Any plans for New Years Eve? Hub and I will do veggies and try to stay up to watch the ball drop and listen to all the neighbors shoot their guns at midnight!! DS & gf are going to a friend's house and taking chicken wings in her new pink crockpot!!

Well I gotta go for my coffee!! Then I have a busy day ahead.

FrouFrou
12-29-2006, 01:24 PM
I take it Jules DS's GF loved the crock pot?! That's good that you got her a gift she will use, appreciates and loves! I swear when the kids reached the ages they are now sometimes it is so hard to buy for them. I think this is the first year in a while that they all loved their gifts. Of course I let Josh pick out his digital camera. He's good with that kind of stuff and knows what is what and what he wanted in one. I know nothing about digital cameras. DD is the worst at trying to make happy at Christmas. One year I had a ring (star sapphire) that her dad gave me when Josh was a baby resized for her because I didn't wear it since switching over to gold and she was always making comments about wanting it. So I gave it to her and it was a big hit. She always wants gift cards so she can buy books but I always think she should have other things too. I really don't like getting the kids just gift cards even if they are big winners with them-seems so impersonal to me because we give them cash for their birthday's. Okay, so starting to ramble.

We don't have plans for New Year's Eve. We always try to stay up with Dick Clark and them watch the fireworks. There are quite a few people who save some from 4th of July for NYE. But...we don't always make it to midnight. I am the worst. But I think we will get some wine and ring in the new year this year...we'll see, lol.

Today, I have to get some paperwork ready for the lender and drop off on our way over to see the new house. V wanted to go see it again and I want to take some pictures to show Josh. Then I'll be working on the office getting my scrapbook table cleaned off-what a mess. And a few other little things.

You ladies take care and I hope everyone has a wonderful day/weekend!

Lot's of hugs! :hug: :hug:

jules1216
12-29-2006, 08:28 PM
Cristina--Even DS says he can't get over how much she likes her crockpot. The ring sounds nice.

Have a great weekend yourself!!

jules1216
12-30-2006, 07:55 AM
Where is everyone? I think I hear crickets......

FrouFrou
12-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Howdy Chickies...:wave:

Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Whatever you do...be safe, and have a good one!

:newyear: :newyear: :newyear: :newyear: :newyear:

jules1216
12-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Hey Cristina--I tried to get in the TBL challenge but didn't make it in time :( you know the saying a day late and a dollar short--that's me. I am going to start my four days a week at the gym starting tomorrow. I am going for Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Even if I only do a half hour on the treadmill or elliptical I am going to make myself do it.

SuzyQ--have fun with the New guy--he seems kinda romantic--I am sure he's got something planned for New Years Eve.

Katy--Is you bathroom door on yet?? I got the Dr Oz book--"You on a diet" yesterday. Hubby was interested in the program. Means lots more veggies for us. I wish we had the delivery/order place for organic veggies that you mentioned.

Michelle--hope everything is okay with you.

Sassy--Where are you!!!! I miss seeing your posts first thing in the morning.

Sassy_Chick
12-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Hey Ladies. Its me. Sorry I've been MIA. I have a really bad cold and I am lucky that I can make it to work everyday. :p I take medicine but I think its just going to have to run its course. Just feel like crapola lately. lol. But I am still here "in spirit" anyways. lol.

Thanks Jules. I missed you all too! ;)

Happy New Year to you all!!!!!!!!

jules1216
12-31-2006, 09:20 AM
Sassy--Hope you get to feeling better soon!!! I HATE being sick!!

Michelle
01-01-2007, 12:14 PM
:wave: Hi Ladies -- I wanted to start the new year off with a new account and a new name.;) MyPriority is what I'm doing for myself; making myself, and my health, my priority every day now.:D I'm ready to get back on track again and get the rest of this weight off for good!!!:^: I hope all of you have a wonderful New Year's Day! I'm having family over today and cooking a ham dinner, and also celebrating my DH's birthday since he will be turning 49 tomorrow.:D

CRISTINA...I never know how to get signed up for those Biggest Loser competitions!:( You're so lucky to get in!!;)

jules1216
01-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Michelle--I think that is a great new name. Just me and hubby today. Kids are doing their own thing. DD & I are going to start doing a lunch and movie day on Fridays--we are going to try to do it at least once a month preferably twice. I am just glad you are back and posting again.

Sassy--hope your feeling better soon.

Cristina, Katy, Suzy Q & Bep--hope your holiday was safe and happy!!

FrouFrou
01-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Hello ladies...

Didn't think I would get back here (3fc) till Tuesday but here I am. Not feeling so good. Woke up with a horrible headache that will not go away, ugh. And I didn't even drink anything last night. Just stayed up later than usual and slept waaaay too late this morning for some reason.

Nothing going on today. Spent half the morning watching GSN, lol. Love my game shows. Getting some laundry done as well. Back on track with everyone's schedule tomorrow, yippee! I'll have the house to myself again,lol.

MICHELLE...I like your new avatar and username...definitely one I could use as well. I too am getting back on track starting tomorrow. The holidays are over thank goodness.

JULES...good for you! :carrot: I too am getting back on track. I'm starting with the water and have been getting some in. Figure I will work my way back up to the four bottles I was drinking before. Going to do IF M-W-F and sometimes Sat but since today is a holiday I will start tomorrow. I've gotten too lazy and I am feeling it since not exercising. So here's to us ladies and getting back on track! :cheers:

SUSAN...hope you guys are having a wonderful time!

KATY...you too...hope you and your family are enjoying the holidays.

SASSY...sorry you aren't feeling so good. Just make sure you take care of yourself and get plenty of rest.:hug:

Well, ladies I need to go post on another thread and then get the laundry in the dryer and start another load. Take care and I hope everyone is having a great New Year's Day!

Michelle
01-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Jules...Thank you for the compliment on my screen name; I like it too.:D I think it's great that you and DD can get together by yourselves for a movie/lunch day, that's so neat!:hug:

Cristina...Thank you also for your kind words. I also had a migraine that started with waking up with it Friday Morning, and it didn't go away until late last night; no medicine would help at all.:(

HELLO to everyone else and hope all of you have a very Happy New Year's Day!!!!!:cp: :dance: :hat: :cheers: :cofdate: :cheer:

Sassy_Chick
01-02-2007, 12:50 AM
Hey Gals. I am feeling better today, thanks! ;)

I hope you all had a Great New Years!

jules1216
01-02-2007, 08:12 AM
Quick good morning to you!! Off to work--another busy one with people still on vacation until tomorrow!!

Mom2Gaby
01-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Michelle - love the new ID name!!

I just have a second, busy day! Wishing you all a wonderful new year.

I had a good weekend. Michael came Saturday night and we went back to his place until Monday night. He was very sweet and was great w/ the baby who was sick with a cold. He went out and bought her 2 types of medicine without me even asking, he went out and bought us morning coffee,,,,waited on me hand and foot and,,,,,,,I really was pampered. We spent NewYears eve watching videos, talking and having lots and lots of ,,,,,*quility time* snicker.......hmmm, and I sipped on blackberry brandy,,,,yum....he is sooooo romantic, funny and just a doll, I am soooooo lucky.
I am having a good day foodwise. Just going to keep trying to eat healthy......
Gabster gets her tonsils out on the 18th - psssst, she doesn't know yet. Poor thing.
Going to Idaho instead of Hawaii! lol.......it is a good trade, I get to be with a sweetheart,we are going to visit his best friend who lives on the snake river - taking Gab.

k- as my suds turn,,,,,,

HUGS to you all..

Sassy_Chick
01-03-2007, 03:53 AM
Hey Chics.

I hope you all are doing well. I am feeling better, only really really tired. :tired: Its like I can't get enough sleep! But that is okay since we are off until Thursday evening, we plan on doing nothing until then and haven't been doing anything. If I could, I would take off Thurs. & Fri. of this week, but can't. :p

Well take care all.

:hug:

Michelle
01-03-2007, 01:24 PM
SUSAN...Thank you for the compliment.;) I'm so happy for you with your new life, and you deserve to be pampered and treated properly.:hug:

SASSY...So glad you're starting to feel better. There's really been a lot of garbage going around.:(

jules1216
01-03-2007, 02:29 PM
SuzyQ--it's nice to see you have a great guy!!

Sassy--glad you are starting to feel better.

Michelle--is it my imagination or does your avatar change daily. very cute pictures by the way.

Hello Cristina & Katy!!

Michelle
01-03-2007, 04:22 PM
I do like to change my avatars a lot, but I didn't realize that people really paid that much attention or cared; I just like changes, that's all.:?: :o

FrouFrou
01-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Hi Ladies...

Sorry this is a sort of fly by...been busy and not getting on the computer until later so not much time to post. And too many threads to post on, ugh. Need more hours in the day.

MICHELLE...I take it that was your DD in the last avatar? She is very pretty! You're throwing me off with your user name. I thought it was someone new...and we do care. I always notice everyone's avatars and signatures and such, I just forget to say so sometimes.

SUSAN...glad you guys had a wonderful weekend!

SASSY...hope you get to feeling better soon.

JULES...I like your avatar too. I think it would be a cute tattoo!

Hope everyone is having a good day. I'll try to be back tomorrow with more time to post.

jules1216
01-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Michelle--it wasn't meant to be a negative comment--I find myself looking forward to what you will do next!! I do like the pics of you the best though. You have beautiful daughters, just like their mom!! You and Sassy are so creative with your avatars and sigs. The two of you inspired me to put up the fairy and not just use one of the ones from the options on site!! I need to know how to make my signature pretty like you guys do.

Cristina--I go through times when it seems I am on here way too much, but then there are the other times life gets in the way and I am not here enough.

Sassy--glad you are feeling just tired instead of sick and tired both!!

Hi SuzyQ & Katy!!

RosieKate
01-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Happy New Year!

Sorry I was MIA for awhile...we were painting the kitchen, yada yada. It ended up being a really busy winter break for us. I did get all the Christmas knitting done - DH loved the sweater! I'm so glad, 'cause I really don't know what I would have done if he didn't - it was a lot of work. I whipped out some cute hats for the kids to go in their stockings, and a scarf for my brother. The kitchen paint job coincided with some wicked PMS and lots of social stuff. Upshot: Craved lots of junk and couldn't get into my kitchen to make healthy food plus every time I turned around I was headed out anyway and I made poor food choices. :( So I think I gained back a couple of pounds -will know for sure at weigh in tomorrow. I am back on track today and it feels great!

I started a blog ( yes - finally taking the plunge) it's at

http://www.thesearetheknitsiknow.blogspot.com/

It is supposed to be mostly a knitting blog, but will probably digress at times as they usually do. I am sure weight loss and healthy eating are subjects that will come up from time to time because I work so hard on those.

I hope to get a better camera soon so I can put up pictures of my projects. I realized that I knit alot of stuff last year, but have very little record of the projects. I didn't take pictures and most of the stuff was given away. So, I hope the blog will be a way to keep a better record for myself, and maybe get some comments as well.

Now that everyone is back to school I hope to have more time to address individuals. No fun when everyone wants time on the computer...I usually have just enough time to read, then I have to make room for someone else. boo hoo.

Time to go make some dinner so I'll say bye for now and will be back tomorrow!

Cheers!

jules1216
01-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Katy--Cool blog. You will have to put a pic of DH in the sweater on it.

Well girls I am going to try WW again. I thought I didn't do so well on it last time several years ago but I found my weight tracker for the 9 weeks I went and I lost over 10 lbs. At the time I wasn't ready to give up my full calorie forget the diet Coca-Cola so I was drinking my points instead of making good food choices but this time will be different. I am also going to hit the gym afterwards.

jules1216
01-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

FrouFrou
01-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Hi ya Chickies! :wave:

Oh, I tried to make time to post yesterday but it wasn't happening. V decided to take a vacation day so we went running around. What meant to be one hour turned into three! Oh well...

JULES...when V and I went to WW he lost 10 pounds the first week! I was so jealous...I lost 3 and then 1 and then another one and then was stuck for weeks after, ugh! Wishing you lots of pounds gone with it this time around. I think we are going to join together again but it will probably be February or the beginning of March. Too much going on right now.But 10 pounds in nine weeks is GREAT!

KATY...I agree...cool blog! I love it! I've been meaning to start one or get a page on MySpace. A lot of the military moms keep one so when their sons &/or DD don't really have time to post they go on there and see what's up with their family. I thought that was a cool idea. I told Josh he needs to do one as well but he never got around to it. Anywho...glad DH liked the sweater. So what color did you paint your kitchen? Inquiring minds want to know, or I do anyway, lol.

SUSAN...you must be having a good time with Michael since you aren't here, lol. ;) Or just busy at work. Poor little Gaby, I'll send her something for her for when she gets her tonsils taken out. Have you told her yet?

MICHELLE...again, another great avatar. I agree with Jules in that I look forward to the avatars changing and I too like the ones of you and your DD's the best. I need to find a good one of me to put up...I think, lol.

SASSY...hope you are feeling better today.

Well, I had a busy day and let me tell ya, my dogs are barking and the day is not over yet. We had the carpet cleaned today and I moved the furniture that needed to be moved, and plants and such to save the guy some time. Not to be mean but I don't want them here any longer than they need to be, lol. He thanked me, kind of threw me off when he said that. Also, went to exercise this morning...got in a good work out. And...packed up most of Josh's room since he won't be needing anything or be home soon. And...got some laundry done. Have one more load which is actually is just Ernie's doggie blanket that he sleeps on. I am definitely ready for a nap. Doesn't help that the weather is dreadful. It's been a rainy, drizzly (don't think that's a word but oh well) day. They mentioned snow but I think it is supposed to be mostly in the west. Poor people...a lot of them got hit hard last weekend and are still without electricity. They were having to drop hay from helicopters for the cattle and horses because they couldn't get thru to feed them. Jut couldn't imagine what those people are going thru-parts of western Kansas and eastern Colorado. Okay, starting to babble :blah: :blah: :blah:

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL weekend! Hugs :hug: :hug:

jules1216
01-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Cristina--I was bad and didn't go to the gym. The WW meeting went over and then I had to stay for instructions and then went to the library, store, post office (got my Net flix choices for this weekend--Memoirs of a Geisha and Walk the Line). I did fin the new Stephanie Plum book. It's already going full force and I just started it!!

Hi to everyone else!! I am off for the night...

Sassy_Chick
01-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Hey everybody! Well good news is our hard work has paid off, not only in $$, but our boss said we can leave early tonight with out losing any pay or time since we stayed late this morning and came in early tonight! :woohoo:

Sorry I haven't managed the individuals. I will get caught up someday! lol.

luckycharm
01-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Happy New Year Everyone,

Cristi thank you so much for the cards. I love getting mail and it sure made my day.

Hi to everyone.

Hugs,
Kathy

jules1216
01-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Hey Kathy--long time no post!! Good to see you here!!

Sassy--not losing $ is always a plus. It's good to see when good workers are rewarded. At my job the good workers seem to get rewarded with more work and the bad workers can get away with everything including not doing their work!!

SuzyQ--did Michael sweep you away?? I am glad you found someone that makes you feel special!!

Hi Cristina,Katy& Michelle!

jules1216
01-06-2007, 01:18 PM
My resolution this year is to get more organized and get the clutter out of my life--one thing I need to get more organized is everyone's bday to my calender. Help me out ladies!!

FrouFrou
01-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Happy Saturday Ladies!

JULES...I think the important thing is you went to the WW meeting so that is a GREAT excuse for not making it to the gym. There's always tomorrow and at least you got squared away at WW. I'm hoping V and I can start sooner than March. I've heard Walk The Line is good and when it comes on cable I will watch it. I too am getting organized and with moving it is the perfect opportunity to do so. Not into making resolutions anymore though. I know how I am and I tend to break them, lol. My birthday is May 12.

KATHY...do my eyes deceive me?! Lol Long time, no see, girlie. Glad you had time to check in and say Hi. And you are welcome for the cards.

SASSY...glad the boss man let you guys go early. You guys having been working long hours and I think you need a break. Just make sure you take care of yourself because working those kind of hours takes a toll on ones body for sure.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Not much going on today. Spending time in the basement doing some cleaning and packing while I cook some pinto beans for chili later. At least the sun is shining today. Yesterday was icky and ugly and very depressing. Anyway, take care ladies and have a good one! :hug:

Michelle
01-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Just popping in to say hi, been fighting a headache for several days that went into a migraine this morning. I hope you all are having a wonderful day!! I'm a grandma now LOL!! The new avatar pictures are of my older DD's new little girl and her name is Oreo. She's called a Bugg, which is a cross between a boston terrier and a pug. I think she's just the absolute cutest and she's only 3 pounds right now.:hug:

Sassy_Chick
01-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Hey Chickies!

Yes it was SO nice getting off early lastnight! I think this coming days off I'm going to take one night and "pamper" myself, you know, bubble bath, soft music, maybe read a book, etc............

Jules -- Yes I'm glad that us hard working folks are finally getting rewarded! We are now under a new manager, which also happens to be the Director of our building, so things are changing! (For the better) The hard workers are getting rewarded and FINALLY the slackers are getting punished!!!!!!!!

Michelle -- OMG your DD's doggie is ADORABLE!!!!!!!

Cristina - Yes it was soooooo nice to get off early for once! lol. Mmm chili sounds good!!!!!

Take care all!

jules1216
01-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Aw, Michelle that puppy is sooo cute!!

Sassy--that bubble bath sounds wonderful--I have already been reading a good book

Cristina--Walk the Line was very good, I think I am going to like Net Flix

The really nice guy turned stalker showed up at DD's job and then followed her to a convenience store on Friday--says he loves her and can't get her out of his mind. The new guy (ex-marine, just starting the police academy) took her to work and was going to pick her up last night and wants the guys phone number, but DD doesn't want him to do anything that will get him in trouble and kicked out of academy. The ex has not made any threats to her at all-is just very obsessed so I don't think we can get a restraining order. DD thought changing her phone number a month ago would make it stop but the showing up at her work and following her afterwards creeped her out--she said she was a little nervous but it was a well lit busy public place and her co-worker and her coworker's boyfriend was there. She doesn't think he will do anything violent, he had at least one other girl he was seeing at the same time so she doesn't understand why he doesn't just get over her. The whole showing up at work after a month concerns me. She lives with a friend and the friends boyfriend who is currently a security guard but was a bouncer at a bar. He's a big guy and very protective over both girls, but I still worry.

Well I gotta go take the tree down :(

RosieKate
01-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Hi everyone!

Sassy - Good to see you here! I think pampering yourself is an excellent idea - you're a hard working woman, you deserve it!

Jules - WTG on joining WW - I just discovered that my health insurance covers a bit of a discount with WW....soooo I was thinking of checking it out after my research study stuff is done. At our group, we keep hearing over and over that the biggest factor is long term weight loss is getting group support....so I figure I better keep getting it!

Susan- Hope you are well....I bet you are :o I'm so happy to read about your new love - what a great way to start the new year!

Michelle - that dog is adorable, and that's that kind of dog I am hoping to get at some point. Either a pug or a golden retriever... can't do anything until we get rid of the dirt pile in the back yard - yikes. Hope you are feeling better today.

Cristina - I saw Walk the Line last year...it was awesome! I give it a big thumbs up! I'm with you about the resolutions - if pressed I'll say Ok - I won't stab anyone. That's an easy one to keep :)

Kathy - Yay - welcome back!

Well - I had a little too much fun over the winter break and had a 3 lb gain on WI day. grumble grumble. However, the scale appears to be improving since Thursday and I am getting back on track. At one of our recent meetings, one of the study psychologists was a guest speaker. He has worked with weight loss research for over 20 years and has seen it all. He was the one who told us the group support tip I mentioned to Jules. He also said that right up there with group support is keeping a food diary. I know everyone has their own way of doing things that works for them, but I thought I would pass these tips along anyway...just a little fyi

Hope 2007 is off to a good start for everyone! Hi to anyone who is reading this and tata for now!

FrouFrou
01-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Hello Chickies :wave:

KATY...you made me laugh, lol! That is probably a resolution I wouldn't be able to keep, lol! Especially when driving, ugh! And thank you for the tips. I kept a journal at one time and am thinking about doing so again. Just read that in the Parade as well. I'm glad the meeting's are working for you.

JULES...OMG! that guy sounds crazy! I am glad that your Teri is having her BF take her to work and she is living with her friends. Who would have thought this so-called nice guy would have turned crazy on her. Lot's of hugs to Teri. :hug: :hug: Maybe if he see's she has someone new he will just go away. Have fun taking the tree down. ;)

MICHELLE...the puppy dog is sooooo stinking cute! And I love the name Oreo! Now you are really making me want another. :( DH knows I have been wanting another dog for a few years now...just never seemed to be the right time for me though. I want a little inside dog but am worried about house training...Ernie dog was so easy to train. But Oreo is a cutie pie! Hope your headache is gone and you are feeling better.

SASSY...well, I am glad your job is turning around for the better.

Not much going on today. A lazy day, sort of. I did manage to get my exercise in and after I take a shower I am going to just be lazy. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Lot's of hugs :hug:

jules1216
01-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Cristina--well crazy didn't come in last night but the guys are being overprotective anyway but I am glad they are.

Katy--the funny thing about WW is that I didn't think it was working fast enough but I lost a little over a pound a week. I think I got too self assured and could do it on my own without the accountability and that I was too busy since the kids were still at home.

Well back to work tomorrow, I was going to go in today but did things around the house instead. Since I don't get OT it is hard to go in on my days off when I am soo super busy while I am there. Everyone is back and in place after vacations, sickness and a death in the family so it should calm down a little. I'll be hitting the gym on Mon, Wed & Fri and I might even throw in Tues since there is a class I want to check out.

Michelle
01-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Hi Ladies -- Thank you all so much for the compliments on my new little granddaughter. I'm so sad though, because she's a very sick little girl and we just got home from the vet a little while ago and they have kept her hospitalized. She had a high fever and has pnemonia. I started crying there and every time I see her picture on our computer I start crying and feel so bad for my DD. Please say a little prayer for her.:( Have any of you upgraded and installed the new Internet Explorer 7 to your computer? My DH did this morning and it's so nice! The print is very bold and darker now and it's so much quicker.

Sassy_Chick
01-08-2007, 04:26 AM
Hey all.

Jules -- Yes pampering ourselves is essential, remember that Chicks. ;)

Hi Ya Katy -- Thanks. Yes I figure I have earned a bit of pampering. lol. I need to start keeping a food journal again. I did so well when I kept one! Amazing how that affects how you eat because you know if you eat it, you have to write it down! lol.

Cristina -- Thanks, me too! Lazy Days are great when you can have them! :)

Oh Michelle I will certainly keep your little granddaughter in my thoughts and prayers. I know what you mean. I got emotional when my cat was missing for one week once. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, nothing! Its amazing how big of a part of your life they become. They are one of the family. So I hope that she gets better. :) I haven't done the IE 7, actually at work they don't want us to do it. I forget why, but anyways......I haven't seen it yet. At home I use Firefox/Mozilla (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/) Which I love! I also use Thunderbird (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/) for my email instead of Outlook @ home at least. At work its still Outlook of course. ;)

Well I wish you all well and I hope your Monday goes great! :D

:grouphug:

luckycharm
01-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Just popped in to wish everyone a happy Monday. It is the first day back to school since Christmas. Should be great trying to get everyone up and moving.

Michelle, we will be praying for the newest little member of your family. At least she is getting good treatment and should be home with you all soon.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Kathy

RosieKate
01-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Good morning...
Michelle - saying prayers for the little one - poor little thing; hope she gets better soon

Kathy - BTS - Hallelujah! that was a good day around this house, lol

Hi Sassy , Cristina, Jules, and everyone else! I slept in and missed the step class. My knee has been a little tender, so I think it's probably a good thing I am not stressing it out in a step class. DH is home sick today, so hopefully I can get a walk in at some point. Hope everyone has a good day!

Michelle
01-08-2007, 01:55 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: Thank you Sassy, Kathy and Katy for your kind words and prayers, I really appreciate them.:( I do know what you mean by feeling like they're part of the family. I thought about the poor little thing all night, and it was so hard when my DD called me last night crying, because she missed her so much. When we get our taxes all paid off within a year, I told my DH that I really want to get a little girl boston terrier.:^:

FrouFrou
01-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Hello ladies...

MICHELLE...more prayers here for Oreo. Poor baby, they are like our kids and I hate to see them sick. :hug: :hug:

JULES...glad everyone is being protective of DD. Sorry she is going thru all this crap with men. :hug:

SASSY...yeah, I was lazy yesterday and today it caught up with me, sort of. I have to get the house cleaned-spotless for tomorrow. We are having a realtors tour. All this for one hour. At least it's just an hour though.

Hi KATY, SUSAN, and KATHY :wave:

Sorry this is a quickie but I went to exercise and thought I would get on the computer really fast before I start cleaning. Didn't help that I overslept. For some reason I just couldn't get out of bed at 8 this morning. Oh well...take care ladies and have a wonderful day!

Michelle
01-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Thank You Cristina, you're such a sweetheart!!!:hug:

Michelle
01-08-2007, 04:16 PM
My daughter just called me and said that the vet said that they took xrays of Oreo's lungs and the front part of her lungs have an infection and they're about half filled with fluid. They are going to keep her until atleast Friday, Saturday or Sunday, but that my daughter and her hubby can come visit her and the vet will take the iv out of her and they can take her in a room and spend some time with her. Just since yesterday, they said that she's jumping around and happier again. It's such a relief that she's going to be doing better again!! Thank you ALL for your prayers.:hug:

Sassy_Chick
01-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Aw Michelle that is great news!

Hey all I will do more later

luckycharm
01-09-2007, 12:50 AM
Hi Everyone

Michelle that is so great that the little one is doing better. I shall continue to hope and pray for a speedy recovery and that Oreo will be going home on Friday.

Katy hope that you had a great day. No kids, but sometimes (with my DH anyway) a sick hubby can be worse than having kids at home. Hope your DH is feeling better.

Cristina, hope that the realitors tour went well. I hear that if you pop some popcorn just before a showing, it makes people feel more at home. Popcorn or fresh made bread.

Hello to Susan, Jules and Sassy hope you had a great day.

Must run and chat later.

Kathy

Scuzin
01-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Hello,
I don't know if you all remember me, I was a member of this thread this summer. I moved and didn't have regular internet access and thought the thread had died out. I'm so glad it hasn't! I'm so happy to see you all still at it and would like to get back at it myself.

Its been an indescribable last 4 months...I'm almost not the same person...but in all good ways :)

I've actually lost 40 lbs since the last time I posted! BUT only about 15 of that was due to more activity and better meals...the rest started to come off when I suddenly got kind of sick in November. I completely lost my appetite and was living on very very little and feeling miserable. I am definately getting better though and figuring out what might have been wrong and the wonderful thing is that this whole experience has taught me much better eating habits.

I still have a few more LBs to go till I'm at (acording to numbers at least) the proper hight/frame weight...so now that I'm healthy enough to start running again let the adventure begin!

- SusanNYC

Michelle
01-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi SusanNYC...So happy to see you back and hear how good you're doing now!!;) You have lost a lot of weight, and even though it was done in a hard way, atleast you know now what you need to do to keep going in the healthy direction. Please keep posting and welcome back!!!:hug:

Sassy_Chick
01-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Hey Ladies.

Still awake. :tired: Back spasms, so hard to sleep. :yawn:

Hey Kathy :wave:

Hey Susan & WB! Sorry to hear you were sick, but WTG on the weight loss and like Michelle said, at least you know what you have to do now to keep healthy. ;)

Hey Michelle :wave:

I hope you all are doing well today!

Michelle
01-09-2007, 01:53 PM
:wave: SASSY...Sorry to hear about your back spasms. I've had them and they're not fun at all!:( Thank you for the kind words regarding Oreo.:hug:

:wave: KATHY...I'm happy to see you back here again!! Thank you also for your kind words too.:hug:

Mom2Gaby
01-09-2007, 02:03 PM
awww, welcome back SusanNYC & kathy!!!! You were both missed.

CONGRATS on the 40 pounds Susan , very inspiring!!! catch us up to date would love to hear how life in NY city is treating you :)

Sassy - prayers for your back!!

Michelle - happy to hear about your sweet granddaughter - continued improvement:) :)

It is a hit and run......sorry. I have much work to do. Geting better on my eating and feeling better.

Beck turned 14 yesterday!! can't believe that. Saw my sweetie Michael Saturday for dinner and he is driving up tonight. can't wait. Gaby is heading to get her tonsils out and I was thinking of a cute little nose ring.....what do you all think?? Either that or start knitting.....lol

Miss you all ......I will try and do better!!!

FrouFrou
01-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSANNYC...so glad to see you back and of course we remember you, and missed you! :hug: Sorry to hear you were sick and glad you are better but WTG on the WL! :woohoo:

SUSAN...is it today that Gaby is having her tonsils out? Ugh, for some reason I was thinking it was the 18th or 19th *slaps forehead* Anyway, I just sent a package for her today...should be there in 3 days so be watching for it.

SASSY...sorry to hear about your back, ouch. That can't feel good at all. DO you have these often? I remember you mentioned you have back problems and I know how that is. Hope you get to feeling better.

MICHELLE...thanks for the update on Oreo. So glad to hear he is improving. I think I have your headache. Hoping yours is gone.

KATHY...so how was your first day with the kids back in school? I'll have to remember the popcorn tip when we have a showing. For the Open House Sunday I'm lighting some candles since the realtor will be here. I have one that smells like fresh baked cookies, mmmm.

HI JULES & KATY...hope you ladies are having a good day!

Well, I was up bright and early this morning, or rather up early. I did not want to get up and it didn't help that I still have this horrendous headache. How many tyelnol is one person supposed to take in a day to get rid of it, geez. I've been taking 2 every four hours and it is not helping at all. When I get off the computer I am going to go lay down and put a cold rag on my face and hopefully get up feeling better. Anyway, no exercise for me today with this headache...moving makes it worse so...there's always tomorrow.

Take care ladies and have a good day!:hug: :hug:

Mom2Gaby
01-09-2007, 06:47 PM
You are so sweet Cristi!!! It IS the 18th for Gaby on the tonsils. Yikes,,,,next Thursday already. I haven't told here yet nor think I will......what do you think? Anyway......I went and picked up the cutest lil black kitty!! I might name hime Little Buck.....lol
chat later!

luckycharm
01-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just popping in really quick.

Hi Susan NYC- Sorry that you weren't feeling well, and hope you get back to feeling better soon.

Hi Katy how is DH today?

Susan, poor little Gaby. I don't think I would tell her. Happy Birthday to Becky.

Cristina, sorry about the headache. I hope that you get rid of it soon.

Sassy, sorry about your back also. I hope that your back relaxes soon.

Michelle, hope all is well with you today.

Jules how are you? Have you gotten a dinner invitation yet for the first meal with the handy crockpot? I made ribs in ours today. It sure is handy.

Well I must run and help my hubby get ready for his trip. On Monday he is going on a cruise with his mother and brother, to Brazil. We are trying to figure out what he has and what he will need for his trip.

Chat later.
Kathy

Sassy_Chick
01-10-2007, 02:57 AM
Hi Ladies.

Thanks for the kind words of support for my back. It is better today. I did finally get some sleep. Yes I do have a spinal injury from a car accident from years ago that results in my back pain sometimes and sometimes that is back spasms.

Another reason to add why I need to lose weight and also strenghten my abs. When I was in physical therapy they said that my abs are very important to support my back, so yet another reason to get healthy, among many other reasons!

But honestly I just want to FEEL better and not like I have been run over by a Mac Truck every single day! I remember when I did lose weight, how much better I felt and how much more energy I had!!!! *sigh* I will get there again. I know I will! It may take me longer than others because of my Diabetes and PCOS, but that won't stop me! I am not giving up, at least with a fight! :sumo:

Hey Cristina -- I hope your headache went away. If not have you tried Excedrin Migraine? That is what I use and it works about every time! ;)

Susan -- I wish Gaby luck w/ getting her tonsils out and have fun w/ Michael! ;)

Kathy -- Wow what a cool trip! I hope your DH and his mom has a great time!

Hi Michelle and SusanNYC and everyone! :wave:

jules1216
01-10-2007, 07:38 AM
sassy--I use the Excedrin Migrane too--sometimes it is all that works for me. I am glad your back is better today!!

Kathy--no dinner invite for crockpot goodies yet, though she did do the chicken wings and they said they were good. She just started a new job and she works all kinds of crazy hours!!

SuzyQ--the 18th will be here quick, make sure you have a big box of popsicles!! Happy bday to Beck!!

Cristina--hope your headache is better-I hate them!!

SusanNYC--welcome back and WTG on the weightloss!! How is NY--are you doing lots of fun stuff?

Michelle--hope the grandpuppy is continuing getting better!

Katy--hi to you girly!!

Well I gotta go finish getting ready for another busy day at work!!

Scuzin
01-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Morning!

Sassy- glad you are feeling better!

Kathy- Brazil??? I'm so jealous...I really must get around to some world travel one of these days

I'm doing well today after the craziest night's sleep...I woke up four of 5 times either because it was too cold, then too hot, or a noisy heater, I moved out to the couch at one point, plus had some crazy dreams. Hope you all are better rested than me!

I got to go jogging yesterday. I'm not good at it at all but I really do enjoy it. I'm not up to the level I was in October when I was last doing it regularly, but soon...soon...

FrouFrou
01-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Hello ladies...

SASSY...glad your back is better. I didn't know about the car accident, unless you mentioned it and I forgot. My mind is going I swear, lol. I've not tried the excedrin for migraines but I will have to. Geez, I took too many tylenol and it still didn't do much for it. Still kind of hangin' around today.

SUSAN...I don't know what to do...if you should tell Gaby or not. It may scare her if you tell her now. Either way she is going to be scared probably. But you'll be able to be with her up until they take her won't you? So if you are with her until she is out, or do they put them under? I don't know...never had my tonsils out and neither have the kids. Boy, I'm no help, lol. Have a great time with Michael.

SUSAN-NYC...I've always wanted to jog but have too much that flops up and down, lol. It is just too uncomfortable for me, so I walk. I do want to one day though, when I lose about 20 lbs. that may help with the flopping, lol. Sorry you had a bad nights sleep. Sounded like me with the tossing and turning.

KATHY...hoping DH has a wonderful cruise with his mom and brother to Brazil! I've never been on a cruise and haven't the foggest idea what one would take. One day though.

JULES...I thought of you and Teri yesterday and I hope and pray that the crazy goes away. Not to make you worry but we just had a 19-yr.-old disappear Friday not far from us. You tell Teri to be careful and not go anywhere alone. And try not to work too hard.

Nothing much going on here. I went to exercise this morning and then ran to Target to pick up a few things. I think V is going to crap when I tell him how much the vacuum filter cost, lol. I was happy with the ones that use bags but he wanted to try something new. Of course you don't have to replace the filters except once a year but it was $25.00, yikes! Bought a new mop as well and just looked around. I love just looking at all the stuff sometimes. DD started drinking Welch's strawberry soda because it doesn't have caffeine and I had to go to 3 stores to find it. I was pooped by the time I got home to say the least and haven't gotten anything done around here. When V gets home we are headed to SAMS to pick up some things. Anywho...that's about all I have.

Take care ladies and have a good day! :hug: :hug:

RosieKate
01-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Hi all! Thanks for the good wishes for DH - he was fine, just needed a day to rest and recharge. So what did we do? Went shopping! Cost Plus was have a big sale, so we bought a coffee table, and we are going back tomorrow for a new table and chair set for the kitchen. The timing is perfect as we are going have a new floor installed in the next few weeks. We can keep the new furniture in the boxes and assemble it after the new floor is down. In other reno news, we have ordered the doors. It's getting so close! I really want to get our stuff out of storage and settle in to the new space.

Welcome Back Susan NYC! And WTG on the weight loss! Sorry you were ill, but it sounds like you are feeling better and making healthy choices. How's New York? Do you like living there? Are you in Manhattan or in one of the other boroughs?

Cristina - hope the realtor showing went well. The good smells tip is a good one, but be careful about overdoing it. My DH and I went to a showing once where there were candles in every room. I thought it was nice, but my DH was suspicious - he thought it was masking some other odors they didn't want us to smell. Hopefully you won't get a suspicious-type like my hubby coming through your house, lol!

Jules - hi to you, too , girly! Hope you had a good day at work. Are you going to sign up for knitting lessons? I put up my "Works in Progress" on my blog, but haven't posted too much this week. I really need to get a better camera to be a good blogger.

Susan- I'm with Cristina - I don't know if telling Gaby is good or not. If there is a way to tell her that is to just let her know the basic details, without scaring her, I'd say tell her. But if she's freaked out, they will never get the IV in her. This happened with Leigh when she had to have a blood draw. I had a similar experience with Leigh,with her 5 yr check-up, which comes with LOTS of shots. I did tell her in advance, but really tried to emphasize the getting checked out part and how nice it is to be healthy and how vaccinations keep us from getting really sick.... if Gaby's had lots of icky sore throats you could emphasize how those would be going away and she will get to eat lots of ice cream. There has to be a Sesame Street or Arthur episode somewhere..maybe the library might have one she could watch.

Sassy - I'm glad your back is feeling better today. I could really relate to your post, as I have been feeling hit by a Mac Truck lately. I am tired of my body hurting everytime I try to be active. I, too, was in a car accident in 1991, and it seems as tho' the back problems from that never really go away, particularly when I am overweight and out-of shape. I feel as you do - that I am not giving up! I know what it feels like to be lighter and healthier and in good shape and I want that back again!

Kathy - oooh - Brazil sounds like fun! I'll bet he is looking forward to some warm weather.

Michelle - glad to hear the Oreo is doing better...I just love the pics on your posts - what a little cutie-pie.

As I mentioned to Sassy - I am tired of aches and pains. If I exercise, I tweak my knee. If I don't exercise, my back hurts. I just can't win :( So today, I decided that 2007 is the year I treat myself well. Our health insurance has a complementary plan that provides some coverage for alternative care providers. I can get a 1 hour massage for a $25 co-pay, limited to one a month. Today I found a therapist in the network and scheduled for next Wednesday...my goal being that I am going to do this once a month. I also am continuing my efforts at weight loss and exercise, of course, but I am not going to push it when I hurt. I am going back to adding in the yoga class...maybe some aqua aerobics.

Other than this - eating has gone pretty well this week. I have my meeting tomorrow, so we'll see how much progress I made on the holiday pounds.

Hop all is well with each of you and that you are enjoying the day!

jules1216
01-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Katy--I have already sent an email to say I WANT in the next class. They only take the first six people and I am going to go ahead and pay for the next one. They run them every two-to three months. I go to my massage therapist next week!! She's the best money I spend on me and I don't know why I don't go more often!!

Cristina--He seems to have gotten the message. That's terrible about the 19 year old girl there. I got a book that I am having trouble reading, not that it's not interesting, it's called the Wrong Man and is basically about a guy stalking a college girl and not letting go because he loves her and doesn't understand why she doesn't want to be with him.

SusanNYC--be careful jogging alone--is there someone who can go with you??

Hope everyone is having a good night!!

Mom2Gaby
01-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Good Morning -
I just lost a second post in 2 days and am frustrated now. I said wonderful things about all of you and think you are all awesome special women and we rock and *kiss *kiss,,,,,group hug and all that jazz.....
ugh,,,,,,,pisses me off.....I shall go *center* and be back later..... :)

Scuzin
01-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Hello

Went on a field trip today with the kids I work with to the Hilton for a jazz festival. The kids got to dance and sing and be very cute and adorable.
Kudos to me avoiding over snaking yesterday as I was tempted to and here's hoping that I don't crave that left over b-day cake because there is a LOT of it.

Jules - I actually feel very safe on my jogging routes. I only really go where I there are plenty of other joggers and never past 6ish pm

RoseKate - Yes, Manhattan is my home now with all of its craziness, but I love it! Take advantage of those massages! oh how I would LOVE that...I store all of my tention in my shoulders and haven't had even a good back rub in months.

Have a great day everyone!

jules1216
01-11-2007, 08:04 PM
SuzyQ--I hate when I lose a post!! Come back when you are through your meditation!!

SusanNYC--just so you stay safe on you jogs. The jazz festival sounds so much fun.

Greys Anatomy is on tonite and not a repeat!! I'm excited!!

FrouFrou
01-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Hi ladies :wave:

Thought I would try this again. I didn't lose a post but for some reason when I got to this thread and click to post the computer froze up. So I logged off of the computer. I guess it was the time of day :dunno: Anyway CSI is a rerun and I didn't feel like watching t.v so I thought I would spend some time on the 'puter. They way they keep talking they are expecting lots of people to lose electricity with this storm we are supposed to get tonight. Hopefully, we don't because I just bought groceries and would hate to see them wasted. Actually, we have a deep freezer in the garage and as cold as it is supposed to get I don't think anything in that thing will thaw out. I keep my 2 ltrs of diet coke out there, as well as the bottle water and they have actually frozen before. My diet coke was slushy, lol. And we have a fireplace, thank goodness. I feel for the people in western KS last week when they were without electric for days.

KATY...glad to hear DH is fine. And glad the house is getting there, slowly but surely. Hope you are taking pictures...I know it will be nice when it's finally finished and I bet you guys will be soooo happy. I hear ya about someone maybe thinking about masking odors. We went in a house once and it was overkill. We thought it was candles burning but we all, even the realtor were looking for where the smell was coming from. It was so strong we had to hurry because we were gagging. I don't burn that many candles or anything too sweet smelling. I usually will light 2 tealights of something kind of fresh smelling, cottage breeze is a good scent. Enjoy that massage when you get it. V bought me a gift certificate for a massage and I never did go...guess I just felt weird with a man giving me a massage, a man other than DH, lol.

SUSAN...sorry you lost your post. Take some deep breaths and try again. We'll be here :)

JULES...glad the guy got the message. The girl here that went missing they found her...my heart goes out to her family. The guy they have in custody was a stalker and by what others say a weirdo. I just don't understand guys who can't just walk away when it's over. Of course some stalkers don't actually know the person, creepy. Hope Grey's Anatomy is good!

SusanNYC...glad you are being safe while jogging. And glad you and the kids enjoyed the jazz festival, sounds nice.

MICHELLE...hoping Oreo is improving. Wish I could hold her.

Anyway, nothing much going on. Since I was up early this morning I will probably turn in early. We'll see what happens with this storm. Hopefully, I can get out to It Figures tomorrow.

Take care ladies and if you don't hear from me for days send help! :lol:

Sassy_Chick
01-12-2007, 02:37 AM
Thanks Everybody for your well wishes for my Back! :D

Hi all! Thanks for the good wishes for DH - he was fine, just needed a day to rest and recharge. So what did we do? Went shopping! Cost Plus was have a big sale, so we bought a coffee table, and we are going back tomorrow for a new table and chair set for the kitchen. The timing is perfect as we are going have a new floor installed in the next few weeks. We can keep the new furniture in the boxes and assemble it after the new floor is down. In other reno news, we have ordered the doors. It's getting so close! I really want to get our stuff out of storage and settle in to the new space.

Sassy - I'm glad your back is feeling better today. I could really relate to your post, as I have been feeling hit by a Mac Truck lately. I am tired of my body hurting everytime I try to be active. I, too, was in a car accident in 1991, and it seems as tho' the back problems from that never really go away, particularly when I am overweight and out-of shape. I feel as you do - that I am not giving up! I know what it feels like to be lighter and healthier and in good shape and I want that back again!

As I mentioned to Sassy - I am tired of aches and pains. If I exercise, I tweak my knee. If I don't exercise, my back hurts. I just can't win :( So today, I decided that 2007 is the year I treat myself well. Our health insurance has a complementary plan that provides some coverage for alternative care providers. I can get a 1 hour massage for a $25 co-pay, limited to one a month. Today I found a therapist in the network and scheduled for next Wednesday...my goal being that I am going to do this once a month. I also am continuing my efforts at weight loss and exercise, of course, but I am not going to push it when I hurt. I am going back to adding in the yoga class...maybe some aqua aerobics.

Other than this - eating has gone pretty well this week. I have my meeting tomorrow, so we'll see how much progress I made on the holiday pounds.

Hop all is well with each of you and that you are enjoying the day!

Katy -- Glad everything is coming along. I can't wait until the day we can get a place big enough to get everything out of storage!!!! Yup my accident was back in 95' and it seems like it never goes away and now with all this stupid rain it just makes it worse, as I'm sure you know. I think that is a great idea about the massages. You are "Pampering Your Inner Goddess" just like under my profile says. ;)
Hello ladies...

SASSY...glad your back is better. I didn't know about the car accident, unless you mentioned it and I forgot. My mind is going I swear, lol. I've not tried the excedrin for migraines but I will have to. Geez, I took too many tylenol and it still didn't do much for it. Still kind of hangin' around today.

Nothing much going on here. I went to exercise this morning and then ran to Target to pick up a few things. I think V is going to crap when I tell him how much the vacuum filter cost, lol. I was happy with the ones that use bags but he wanted to try something new. Of course you don't have to replace the filters except once a year but it was $25.00, yikes! Bought a new mop as well and just looked around. I love just looking at all the stuff sometimes. DD started drinking Welch's strawberry soda because it doesn't have caffeine and I had to go to 3 stores to find it. I was pooped by the time I got home to say the least and haven't gotten anything done around here. When V gets home we are headed to SAMS to pick up some things. Anywho...that's about all I have.

Take care ladies and have a good day! :hug: :hug:

Cristina -- I thought I had mentioned my car accident? Hmmmmm maybe I didn't, my mind is going too! lol. Well anyways I was hit head on in a car I only had for 2 whole weeks (at the time) The impact was so hard that my car was pushed back 3 feet. Basically I went to several months of physical therapy and it didn't help, finally I was sent to a Spine Surgeon and he put me in a back brace. Oh yeah and in between there I re-injured my back at my job (at the time). But workman's comp paid for it and they are the reason why I finally got to the spine surgeon, they insisted on it, which I am glad they did! So that is basically it in a nutshell. So now it is technially "healed" but my spine will occasionally shift and that causes pain. I also have arthritis in my spine as well, so I can predict the weather. :p lol.

Excedrin Migraine works great for me, I only have to take two and that is it! ;) I want a new vaccum. I want one of those new Dysons, but they cost like $500. Maybe someday. lol.

Well take care all!

FrouFrou
01-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Happy Firday!

SASSY...what a horrible thing to have to go thru. I couldn't imagine being in a wreck that bad. :hug: Glad they sent you to a specialist. The occasional shift sounds painful, ouch and I know the arthritis is no fun...I have it as well but in my arms. It can be very painful sometimes.

I have heard those Dyson's are GREAT vacuum cleaners. But yeah, the cost of one, ugh. I am a cheapo when it comes to certain things and can't see spending that much for a vacuum cleaner. I've always bought a cheapie and they work for me. But V wanted this red devil one, I think that is what it is. Not too badly priced but I never thought about the cost of the filter. But I do think the canister one works better than the bag ones I've had in the past.

Nothing much going on with me today. Feeling a little under the weather and didn't go to It Figures. I don't know what's wrong, feeling kind of dizzy. So I thought I would just stay in and be lazy, sort of. I will do an exercise video later...have to do some sort of exercise. Starting out snowing this morning and now we have a mix...frozen rain. I was out earlier in it and boy, oh boy is it cold! I had to put some of that stuff on the walkway and deck (for Ernie when he goes potty) to melt the stuff so no one slips and falls. My thumb and index finger are still tingling from being out there. Not sure of the temp but with the wind blowing it is freezing. Anyway...

HI to EVERYONE! :wave:

Not sure how much I will be on the 'puter this weekend. I know I won't be on at all on Sunday. Saturday I will be cleaning and doing laundry to prepare for the Open House on Sunday. So...if I don't make it back, you ladies take care and have a GREAT weekend!

Michelle
01-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Hi Ladies

Well still no change with Oreo. The vet called my DD today and said they got the new stronger meds yesterday afternoon and started her on them, but still no change as of yet. The vet said that she is eating and playful, just that there is still the fluid and infection in her lungs. They will be taking new xrays on Sunday to see if there is any improvement, which will make a week that she's been there. Her brother was brought back in yesterday with the same thing again, so it's just a very sad situation right now.:cry:

FrouFrou
01-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Aaaahhh, MICHELLE...I am so sorry to hear about Oreo. She must be getting better though if she is eating and being playful. I will keep her in my prayers. Lots of hugs to you , your DD and Oreo. :hug: :hug: :hug: How are you holding up missy?

Nothing going on here. It is icky outside, not that I was going anywhere, lol. Supposed to be cleaning the house but not really into doing it. Jason is doing his laundry right now so I have to wait until he is finished to do mine. Like I am sad about that, lol. I will get it all done before the day is over. I was kind of hoping the realtor would cancel the open house but she has already put an ad in the paper, about a week ago so. And I noticed sometime between yesterday afternoon and this morning she put up an open house sign on the sign in the yard and one on two corners so, it's on. I know there are some people who go out in this kind of weather but really, I don't think anyone is going to show up tomorrow. We'll see...Anywho...that's all I have. A boring day watching tv. Thinking about starting the fireplace. I like it but the thing is when it's going it gets so hot in the living room area and then the furnace quits coming on and so the other rooms get cold. But I love having a fire, it's so nice and cozy. Maybe I'll find a good book to read in between some cleaning.

Have a good weekend ladies! :hug:

RosieKate
01-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Hi everyone!
Hope you are all having a good weekend

Cristina - a fire sounds delightful! It's pretty cold here now, so we may have to have one here, too.

Michelle - sending out prayers and get well vibes for little Oreo. Let's hope those new meds do the trick.

Sassy - you are so right; we should all be pampering our inner goddesses! I have been working out alot, so I am really ready for my massage.

Hi to everyone else! As mentioned, I've been a good girl and making it to the gym. However, after this morning's class, I feell like I was hit by a truck. I think it's because I didn't sleep so well last night. DD was coughing alot and waking us up. I've been feeling too tired to do much today, so it has been a lazy day. I have a busy one tomorrow, so I'll just say ttfn!

Have a great weekend!

Sassy_Chick
01-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Hey everybody! :wave:

Just a quick hello! I hope you all are doing well!

jules1216
01-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Quick hello, having problems with my neck and shoulders--to the massage therapist on Friday, I made the appt two weeks ago when it started and it has gotten worse, but I just wanted to stop by.

Michelle
01-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Hi Ladies -- I just wanted to stop by quickly and let you know that my DD and I just got back a little while ago from bringing Oreo home. She has so much more energy and very feisty, which is a good thing, and has a big appetite. Thank you ALL for your support and prayers!!;) :hug:

luckycharm
01-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Hi everyone

Just popping in really quickly to say hi. We have spent the last couple days getting hubby ready to go on his vacation. All was going well until Friday when purolator lost DH and my BIL's passports and visa's to get into Brazil. As if today everything was still lost. We only have until noon tomorrow to find it as the trip is tomorrow and we have to be at the airport at noon. (In order to fly home from Brazil, they need to get a visa to enter that country. And in order to get a visa you have to send your original passport to the visa office in Ottawa.) Its a little stressfull around here.

Anyway, Michelle I am so glad that Oreo has come home. The stronger medication must have taken effect.

I sure hope that everyone is feeling better. Cristina I hope that your open house went well. My fingers are crossed and hope that you will find a buyer very soon.

Must run

Chat with you all later.
Kathy

FrouFrou
01-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Happy Monday! :wave:

KATHY...I sure hope it is found so DH can go on the trip. :crossed: We didn't have the open house after all. The weather was too bad and we didn't think too many people, if any would show so we cancelled it. I didn't even want to get out in that cold yesterday, especially with a little doggy. But we have it scheduled for another this Sunday, hopefully the weather will cooperate, lol. You can plan the open house, etc. but you can't plan the weather so, we'll see. I am hoping for a sale soon too so we don't lose the new house. :crossed:

MICHELLE...I am so happy to hear little Oreo is soooo much better and is home with her mommy. :carrot: And I love your new avatar...she is adorable!

JULES...hope you are feeling better. When I get stressed that is exactly where I feel it, my neck and shoulders. I really need to get back to going to the chiropractor...it really made a difference. Hope you were able to get a massage. And hope your computer is better too!

KATY...it was so cold yesterday I had the fire going all day. Even with that and the furnace I was still cold! Hope DH is feeling better. WTG on having a good exercise week.

HI Susan, Sassy, & SusanNYC...hope all is well with you ladies.

Not much going on today. Since the streets are icky I decided to stay home and exercise...going to do a 2 mile walk as soon as I get off this computer. Going to get my Stevie Wonder CD and start walking. Doesn't seem like something that would get you walking but I love to hear him sing and anything that makes me happy makes me want to walk, lol. In the process of making another work out CD so I can walk on the treadmill more. Since I cleaned yesterday (and Saturday) nothing really to do around the house so there is not excuse for me to not exercise. Anywho...

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a great day so far! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
01-16-2007, 01:19 PM
It is a Winter Wonderland here!:shocksn: :shocksn: :snow4: :shocksn: Very beautiful watching the snow fall. I made it to work, can't beleive that! I have never driven on snaow before.
Just wanted to take a minute to say hello and share (finally!) some weight loss news. I am down 3 pounds! Yeah!
Take Gaby for her pre op appointment today, poor baby. Chat later!! On the run!

FrouFrou
01-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Hello ladies!

SUSAN...will be thinking of you and Miss Gaby. Give her lots of hugs from me! :hug: :hug: :hug: You made me think of the first time I drove in snow. I was 16 and a waitress and had to be up early. I was trying to be quiet because I knew my mother would want to drive me to work because of the snow. Anyway, I left early and was creeping along the street driving like a little old lady (shouldn't say that because I've seen some crazy old lady drivers, lol). This person passed me going way to fast and I though what a dip. When I finally got to work the dip was one of the cooks and he looked at me and laughed. He said, you're the one who was driving so slow like an old lady. Hey, I had never driven in the stuff before and I was being careful, lol. WTG on your loss this week! WOOHOO :woohoo: :bravo:

JULES...hope all is well with you. Did you go for your massage?

MICHELLE...how is our little Miss Oreo doing? She is sooooo cute!

KATY...hope you are staying warm.

SASSY...I saw that you guys (well the state) was getting some cold and snow, hope you are staying warm too.

SUSAN-NYC...how are you doing?

KATHY...is hubby going on the trip? Hope he gets to go.

Nothing much going on here today. I was up bright and early and already got in a 3 mile walk and feeling good about that. Almost got all my water down as well. And...my laundry is almost done. So really nothing to do today. Going to dust and vacuum once I get off this thing but the rest of the day will be a sort of lazy day.

Hope all is well with you all in your little corner of the world! Lot's of hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

Michelle
01-16-2007, 03:25 PM
SUSAN...I hope everything goes well with Gaby's pre-opt appointment. Yes, we are certainly in a winter wonderland!! The just announced a few minutes ago on the news that chains are now required in the whole Portland Metro area, so be careful driving today!!!:( :hug:

CRISTINA...Your story is cute.;) Oreo has so much energy and she is so feisty!! My DD has to put her in her cage for little periods of time just to get a break from her chasing the cats and latching on to her pants, socks and anything she can get her little razor sharp teeth into lol!!:hug:

Michelle
01-16-2007, 03:27 PM
LADIES -- We're getting up high in the posts again so I think I'll try and start a new one.

PLEASE STOP POSTING HERE AND GO TO THE NEW ONE!!!