Mini-Goals - NSV...all the way from Iraq!

View Full Version : NSV...all the way from Iraq!

OnePerDecade
12-29-2006, 12:08 AM
Wow...I was talking to my son Jay, who is stationed in Iraq when one of his buddies asked to talk to me. He introduced himself as Cpl. Giles and I waited for the "Your son is a great Marine" speech....so imagine my shock when he said "I just wanted to tell you ma'am that you are extremely attractive and you look really young - I couldn't believe it when (my son) told me you were his mother". Trust me -- 8 months ago when I was at Jay's boot camp graduation, no one was telling me I was "extremely attractive" or anything even close to that! Talk about an ego boost -- that made my whole week!

(PS: The picture of me was taken from about the knees up -- another NSV for the girl who wouldn't allow a picture below her shoulders for the past 3 or 4 years!)

rockinrobin
12-29-2006, 09:42 AM
Very nice!!! That IS a lovely compliment. But then again you do look marvelous, simply marvelous. But it's always nice to hear, especially from a young man! I bet you were real glad to speak with your son.

JennyWenny
12-29-2006, 11:03 AM
That's awesome! Congrats on you NSV and all your victories.

Firefly
12-29-2006, 04:15 PM
You do look great it show. Congrats

JasonsLea
12-29-2006, 08:33 PM
*whistles* Congrats! I'm sorry, but to me, compliments from men in uniforms is even sweeter! And younger! WOOOT!

MissH
12-29-2006, 10:30 PM
That totally rocks!!!! :D