100 lb. Club - Hello -- New Member

View Full Version : Hello -- New Member

JD2B
12-28-2006, 11:46 AM
Hi everyone,

I am like some of the other new members -- want to start today rather than have this be a new year's resolution thing.

Also, as a health professional I know lots and lots about exercise and nutrition, just not how to apply it to myself! (Do as I say ...)

I am overwhelmed by this forum because there are so many of us and everyone seems to be so active with posting! I hope that I can keep up.

I am looking forward to being a loser!
JD2B

ps My big accomplishment for 2006 was to go 17 straight weeks with 5 days of exercise per week! (Starting on Aug. 28)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro5/slider-runningman/lb/262/150/262/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Mrs Quadcrew
12-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Hi there JD2B!! You and I are almost on the same journey! There is a lot of folks for support here - I am still learning my way around!

GirlyGirlSebas
12-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi JD2B. You and I and Mrs Quadcrew are all on about the same journey. I cant wait until this time next year....I'm sure will have a lot to talk about regarding our marvelous journey.

rockinrobin
12-28-2006, 03:44 PM
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Hi, I'm glad you signed up. This is a great place for advice, support and encouragement.

The thing that you said about knowing about fitness and nutrition, but then to apply it to yourself - Oh yeah, I hear you loud and clear on that one.

Don't worry about being overwhelmed, you'll get the hang of it.

And that IS quite an accomplishment, 5 days a week for 17 weeks straight? Fantastic. You've got half the battle won right there. Good luck to you. I look forwarding to getting to know you better. So post often. :wave:

JD2B
12-28-2006, 07:08 PM
I am looking forward to going on this journey with you!

I had a good day and in part it was because I finally took the bull by the horns and joined the group. Glad you are here!
JD

Penney
12-28-2006, 07:28 PM
Hi welcome!! It is great that you are here - this site is fantastic!

I definitely can understand the "Do as I say - not as I do" syndrome - as a Mum trying to make my point when I used to smoke, used to drink TONS of coffee oh yeah and lets add overweight to the mix - I sure was the perfect example for my teens. Luckily - so far they have seen my struggles and decided to go as far in the opposit direction as possible. So -maybe something worked out well after all??? :lol:

Definitely looking forward to seeing you on the boards - best of luck - you can do this!!!!

CLCSC145
12-28-2006, 08:55 PM
:welcome3:

Glad you've joined us and CONGRATS on not waiting until 1/1/07! I say why wait when you can start right this minute...

Sheila53
12-29-2006, 12:50 AM
:welcome2: Good for you for not putting off starting your weight loss journey. Congrats on the exercise accomplishment, too! You sound like a person who can do anything you put your mind to, so I know you'll be a successful loser.

Sandi
12-31-2006, 02:18 PM
:welcome: I'm glad you found us!!! Don't feel overwhelmed. Read the threads that interest you and respond to the ones you want to. This thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76425) might help you undertand the forum better too.

:D

melsfolly
12-31-2006, 07:42 PM
Welcome to the forum JD! 17 weeks straight with exercise is a wonderful accomplishment! I can't wait to see you lose in 2007!!