Old 12-27-2006, 03:31 PM   #1  
loves kleenex box art

Default Cows wobbly save

It's an anagram.

Wabby is back !!! And we are here waiting for her. I have missed your advice on teenagers. How am I supposed to know what to do? DS is off, right now, with LCP at the library studying. Studying. They are both academically oriented and this is fun for them.

Wabbo I've never known anyone with such a long-lasting sweet love as you have. Us cows have remarked on it often. If I say you're special will it be the millionth time it's been said?

XOXOXOXOXOXO XOXOXOXOXO XOXOXOXOX
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:16 PM   #2  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

make that a million and one---wabby is so special it hurts. HOw wonderful to hear from you.The house being full of people is great. {except maybe the grrr doggie??haha}What rotten luck with the codein! like you needed to have that on top of it all.i am making food for dd's "off to europe" party. It's a little nerve wracking to imagine her galivanting all over the continent but what can i do???just breath i guess------------kiwonk---i loved the BITE ME exchange---i think i will go bite someone and use the same excuse!!!---as for the advice kiwonkers gave to peachbat about the little girl===no question the little one will forget all about it--they are too little to get "holding a grudge"-----CHERRY!!!! that is quite a situation you are talking about---we have a private catholic school here and one girl i know was moved into the public school system and the parents found out it's not so bad after all---some of those private schools are all effed up!!!!shatzoid!!!! i was playing the guitar at two masses on christmas eve and i noticed that no one knew any of the responses and i also said--- THEY ONLY COME HERE ONCE A YEAR,LIKE NO KIDDING!!!!!! funny! now i have to go cook but i really want to lay down................................
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:53 AM   #3  
loves kleenex box art

I want to lay down too. Sometimes I say lie down but most people say lay down so it must be right. Canadians are always right when it comes to English. They are all descended from English royalty and French artists. Which dd is going away now? LCP leaves for Spain next week for 6 weeks. DS is thinking of going to Mexico next summer. That would be to take UF courses. Lucky thing for me, maybe, that his study abroad has to be UF courses as he has the limit on transfer courses now and UF courses are not offered in North Korea.

I have a headache and can tell you that being a cashier is much more tiring than working with little kids. I love the little kids. I do not love the rich, brusque, entitled tourists.

I don't have any pictures of Canadian feet in handknit socks by the way. I've just finished a pair for LCP and maybe she'll let me photograph her feet. I'm just saying this because other sock bloggers have such pictures and I feel jealous of everything. I am jealous of Bagz's small, trim figure. How did that come about????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?
Old 12-28-2006, 01:25 PM   #4  

DDIL went to a Christian school. She said it was where the parents of all the really bad kids sent their problem children to be straightened out. She and DS are already planning on sending Kayden to Catholic school b/c they think it will be safer. They don't know that Catholic school is where all the other problem children go. Not that we'll have to worry about Kayden. She'll be perfect.

I won't be photographing feet or anything else. Someone stole my camera out of my car. DD & I spent the night at a fancy hotel downtown one night last month and I think the valet parkers took it. I didn't notice it was missing for a week afterward. I'd paid for this hotel so that DS could take his DW for a getaway for her 21st birthday, then she ended up in the emergency room b/c she passed out a couple times, which earned her a ride in an ambulance and DS called me in the middle of the night to come stay w/ the baby while they checked her out at the hospital. Low blood pressure, dehydration & exhaustion was the diagnosis so they sent her home w/ orders to rest. Sooo that's the story of how DD & I ended up staying at a fancy hotel for no reason. We went to dinner downtown and soaked in the jacuzzi and pool at the hotel. I was going to get something for my $200.

DS is taking our spare son out for dinner at a steakhouse that will give you a free meal if you eat a 72 ounce steak with all the side dishes. This kid is about 6'2" and a beanpole. These boys are hilarious - always thinking up something.

I've missed the herd. Thank you all for keeping me in your prayers.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:29 PM   #5  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Talking looney tunes

[SIZE="4"]if you think i have a small trim figure you are loosing it----my brother who moved to ottawa was home at christmas and showed me how to reconfigure my pictures so maybe i will finally be aBLE TO SEND SOCKS PICS~~!!! that would be amazing----dd22 is doing an exchange in Denmark----the STEP dd20 was in Glasgow for the last term-----the students are planning a few days of travel around france and germany first!!! then off to school---i am saving my cash for my FIFtieth bda;y---i am hoping to go visit the dd at some point---her dad has already booked a trip for him and the other dd ---so this way we all have an excuse to go to Europe!!!! it's hard to imagine as i am afraid to board the tin rockets but how else will i get therE?I HAVE TO GO MAKE PORK BALLS!!!!!! MAYBE WE CAN ALL VISIT YOUR DS IN MEXICO!!! THAT WOULD BE FUN!!!---KIWI MUST BE TRAVELLING TODAY TO BE IN BACKWOODS BY TOMORROW-------------I HEARD THERE IS A BIG STORM HEADING FOR DENVER AGAIN-------------IT HAS BEEN IMPACTING THE STEP DD'S TRAVEL SCHEDULES--------------------- [/SIZESTE[P]
Old 12-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #6  
fatter than U

Red face

Will take pic of warm, cozy, socks on Canadian feet asap. Have been wearing said socks so much that they are dirty. Cannot take pics of dirty socks. Question: I forget - can I put them in the dryer?

Remember I said we lost the battery recharger for the good camera? Well, after going without since October we finally ordered a new one. It arrived yesterday. Dh found the old batter charger today. All I can do is laugh.

I am learning to play the ukulele.

Wabby!! The herd misses you too.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:47 PM   #7  
loves kleenex box art

sugar socks are of the famous Opal yarn which I suggest you wash and dry with your other socks. That's what I do and all is fine with them. Besides, you live in Germany and if anything goes wrong, you just walk up to the first woman you meet and ask her how to fix them.

I think it's a great idea to meet Ds in Mexico, especially Wabby DID NOT invite us to the fancy schmanzy hotel with her. LCP leaves for Spain next week. When will Kiwiette be studying abroad and where?

I love the Kiwiette DVD and look forward to my new ukelele CD.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:37 PM   #8  

Sugar, isn't that the way it goes? I finally gave up looking for my camera and it turned up yesterday at DS's house. I'm sorry for thinking ill of the valet parkers. Bad me.

I think we can all meet in Mexico.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:09 PM   #9  
fatter than U

Talking

Mexico is good. I will start learning "La Cucaracha" on my ukulele right away.

We had planned to spend a quite New Year's Eve at home, as usual, and have somehow ended up with 6 guests and a dog coming on Sunday. Eep.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:41 PM   #10  
loves kleenex box art

Guanajuato Mexico middle of May to middle til later in June.

I am stunned. Ds keeps saying he doesn't know when he's going back to college. Classes start the 8th and I think he needs to go buy books, etc. But he doesn't know. I am planning on having him come to the center to make balloon animals for the kids and he is practicing. However, on another subject, he will leave the 3rd to take lcp back to her college. As Sugar says, Eep.

Furniture guy came and dewhitespotted the chest. He said it looked awful and he fixed it but the doors are shakey and he says he'll have new hinges ordered.

Also, the Mexico trip is eXpen$iv3. DS has scholarship money toward it but only half the amount needed and this doesn't include airfare. I am hating this. He plans to study Spanish American Lit and the Impact of Mexican Culture on the Continent. Not sure what continent. Aren't they in Central America?

DS and I watched Supersize Me. I enjoyed it and was changed by it. This guy ate nothing but McDonald's for 30 days and gained 25 lbs. His tricglycerides or whatever the liver makes, shot into the scary zone. He lost his energy, felt depressed and all that. At the end, he took glass containers and placed different McD's products in each one plus one with a hamburger made from regular ground beef and french fries made from real potatoes. The real stuff went first but after 6 or 8 weeks (til someone threw it all out) the McD's french fries did not change in appearance. They did not break down.

So LCP is coming for dinner and we're having barley cooked with butternut squash and a couple of salads.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Hello! I am home! Glad to be home. In some ways, anyway. Glad not to be still driving , glad to be able to unpack and start working on the mess of wrapping and boxes we left here, glad to be able to sleep late, glad DD is able to see her squeeze (honestly I thought the 2 of them were going to implode on the phone if it took us any longer to get home), I will be glad to see my furry baby when I go pick her up this evening. Not at all glad to leave the little kiddies, friends and family we got to spend time with on our trip, or to come home to The Pit and reality. I need a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
I want to lay down too. Sometimes I say lie down but most people say lay down so it must be right.
Is not Is not. Supposed to be Lie Down for those who are doing it for themselves, Lay Down when it is done to something/someone else. DH keeps telling me I'm wrong when I tell the dog to Lay Down, and he's right, but I don't care because Lay Down is a better command than Lie Down; you can say it faster. Try it. However the past tense is the same for both words, so really, who gives a carp.
Quote:
Lucky thing for me, maybe, that his study abroad has to be UF courses as he has the limit on transfer courses now and UF courses are not offered in North Korea.
I hear ya, m'dear. We will be discussing this too for the next many months. DD wants to do a Middle East study abroad during her junior year. There is nothing offered by her college that directly fits the bill, which means her financial aid will not necessarily go with her. Plus the Middle East? Please no! I think a nice semester in London sounds good. Germany? I hear France will be mostly Muslim soon; there must be some Arabic studying opportunities there? Oy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
---so this way we all have an excuse to go to Europe!!!! it's hard to imagine as i am afraid to board the tin rockets but how else will i get therE?
Too bad I have not won the lottery; we could all book a luxury liner to Europe...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
we lost the battery recharger for the good camera? ..we finally ordered a new one. It arrived yesterday. Dh found the old batter charger today.
Of course. Isn't that always the way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby View Post
I finally gave up looking for my camera and it turned up yesterday at DS's house. I'm sorry for thinking ill of the valet parkers. Bad me.
Oops

I lost a contact in the back seat of the car last night (mine are not disposable; they are hard contacts and kind of expensive). I pouted half way home. Then as I was carefully taking things out..at 1 in the morning in 11 degree weather..and brushing each thing off -- Voila! it appeared on the seat! Amazing. Now we just have to find DH's glasses which seem to have disappeared during yesterday's drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
I am learning to play the ukulele.
Yay! When are you going to be on YouTube?
Quote:
I am stunned. Ds keeps saying he doesn't know when he's going back to college. Classes start the 8th and I think he needs to go buy books, etc. But he doesn't know.
Typical. DD says she doesn't know when she goes back or when she buys books either. If it's any help, I'm sure UF has all that info on their website. Even better, do you have his student ID number or whatever you need to get into his account? We have DD's and I do not feel the slightest bit bad about logging on and looking at her registration, class schedule etc. We're paying the bills and even if we weren't, if I had to wait for her to tell me what's going on I'd have torn my hair out months ago.
Quote:
He plans to study Spanish American Lit and the Impact of Mexican Culture on the Continent. Not sure what continent. Aren't they in Central America?
Peachie Mexico is part of North America. Actually I think that sounds pretty interesting. Much better than the state of women in Saudi Arabia or something
Quote:
DS and I watched Supersize Me...At the end, he took glass containers and placed different McD's products in each one
I loved that movie. I felt like cheering, just the fact that he made the movie. McD's was forced to make some changes. They finally stopped offering only fries and soft drinks in children's meals. I have to admit I am not a stranger to McD's, although I don't make a habit of it. And when I did sometimes take DD there for a "treat" (?), I always exchanged the soft drink for milk. But they are doing a little better now, and I think it's due to that movie. I had forgotten about the breakdown comparisons. That's really disgusting.

Later,
Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:22 PM   #12  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hi guys-----dd called from the Eiffel Tower this afternoon so i can rest easy for a minute----if anyone wants her blogspot,let me know and i will send it to you---i am still kind of freaking out with worry but i am so happy for her. i am also glad that kiwi is home and running our roost again!! kiwonkers---you are so talented with the computer---i really think you should be able to work at home doing something related to computers-----you should be paid for all your fine advice!!!!well,since i have only slept about three hours in the last day or two maybe i will think about retiring!!!xoxox
Old 12-31-2006, 02:23 PM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

You're too kind, Bagz.

Glad DD has called home. This is DD2, right? Very exciting. I would love to look at her blogspot. Send!

My puppydog is home. It is so good to have her back. She did amazingly well at the kennel over Christmas; she doesn't look a bit different than when I dropped her off. DD and bf went to pick her up (long trip for them--the roads were bad and they stopped for Chinese food). The first thing she did when she saw them -- jump on bf, jump on dd, pee on the floor.

It is frigid around here today. I took Jet for a walk around 11:00 and almost froze my ears off.

Happy New Year, All!!

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:31 PM   #14  
fatter than U

Default Cheers!

We're on the flip side of midnight now so I can wish yous and y'all a very

Happy New Year!

You cows are the BEST!

THIS is the year we're going to become perfect, right?
Old 01-01-2007, 09:19 AM   #15  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

yessssssssssss---HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!i was in bed at midnight of course but ds insisted on putting the countdown on tv in the room so we did yell the ten,nine eight!!! and have a new year's hug---dh was at the airport picking up one of the denver crew----it was a very quiet night which i actually prefer---and i didn't even have ONE drink,but man i ate like a COW!!!!! --- i had swiss cheese dip and crackers,chips and dip,chocolates,shrimp and dip-----candy----i feel a little hung over from THAT~~!!---today we are cooking a prime rib at the mil's so hopefully it will turn out half decently------HAVE A GOOD DAY---IS THIS THE DAY EVERYONE WATCHES FOOTBALL??? I DON'T LIKE FOOTBALL--IT STOPS AND STARTS TOO MUCH!!!!