Support Groups - Cows wobbly save

View Full Version : Cows wobbly save

Cowpernia
12-27-2006, 04:31 PM
It's an anagram.

Wabby is back !!! And we are here waiting for her. I have missed your advice on teenagers. How am I supposed to know what to do? DS is off, right now, with LCP at the library studying. Studying. They are both academically oriented and this is fun for them.

Wabbo I've never known anyone with such a long-lasting sweet love as you have. Us cows have remarked on it often. If I say you're special will it be the millionth time it's been said?

XOXOXOXOXOXO XOXOXOXOXO XOXOXOXOX

Bagzz
12-27-2006, 06:16 PM
make that a million and one---wabby is so special it hurts. HOw wonderful to hear from you.The house being full of people is great. {except maybe the grrr doggie??haha}What rotten luck with the codein! like you needed to have that on top of it all.i am making food for dd's "off to europe" party. It's a little nerve wracking to imagine her galivanting all over the continent but what can i do???just breath i guess------------kiwonk---i loved the BITE ME exchange---i think i will go bite someone and use the same excuse!!!---as for the advice kiwonkers gave to peachbat about the little girl===no question the little one will forget all about it--they are too little to get "holding a grudge"-----CHERRY!!!! that is quite a situation you are talking about---we have a private catholic school here and one girl i know was moved into the public school system and the parents found out it's not so bad after all---some of those private schools are all effed up!!!!shatzoid!!!! i was playing the guitar at two masses on christmas eve and i noticed that no one knew any of the responses and i also said--- THEY ONLY COME HERE ONCE A YEAR,LIKE NO KIDDING!!!!!! funny! now i have to go cook but i really want to lay down................................

Cowpernia
12-28-2006, 08:53 AM
I want to lay down too. Sometimes I say lie down but most people say lay down so it must be right. Canadians are always right when it comes to English. They are all descended from English royalty and French artists. Which dd is going away now? LCP leaves for Spain next week for 6 weeks. DS is thinking of going to Mexico next summer. That would be to take UF courses. Lucky thing for me, maybe, that his study abroad has to be UF courses as he has the limit on transfer courses now and UF courses are not offered in North Korea.

I have a headache and can tell you that being a cashier is much more tiring than working with little kids. I love the little kids. I do not love the rich, brusque, entitled tourists.

I don't have any pictures of Canadian feet in handknit socks by the way. I've just finished a pair for LCP and maybe she'll let me photograph her feet. I'm just saying this because other sock bloggers have such pictures and I feel jealous of everything. I am jealous of Bagz's small, trim figure. How did that come about????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

Wabby
12-28-2006, 02:25 PM
DDIL went to a Christian school. She said it was where the parents of all the really bad kids sent their problem children to be straightened out. She and DS are already planning on sending Kayden to Catholic school b/c they think it will be safer. They don't know that Catholic school is where all the other problem children go. Not that we'll have to worry about Kayden. She'll be perfect.

I won't be photographing feet or anything else. Someone stole my camera out of my car. DD & I spent the night at a fancy hotel downtown one night last month and I think the valet parkers took it. I didn't notice it was missing for a week afterward. I'd paid for this hotel so that DS could take his DW for a getaway for her 21st birthday, then she ended up in the emergency room b/c she passed out a couple times, which earned her a ride in an ambulance and DS called me in the middle of the night to come stay w/ the baby while they checked her out at the hospital. Low blood pressure, dehydration & exhaustion was the diagnosis so they sent her home w/ orders to rest. Sooo that's the story of how DD & I ended up staying at a fancy hotel for no reason. We went to dinner downtown and soaked in the jacuzzi and pool at the hotel. I was going to get something for my $200.

DS is taking our spare son out for dinner at a steakhouse that will give you a free meal if you eat a 72 ounce steak with all the side dishes. This kid is about 6'2" and a beanpole. These boys are hilarious - always thinking up something.

I've missed the herd. Thank you all for keeping me in your prayers.

Bagzz
12-28-2006, 02:29 PM
[SIZE="4"]if you think i have a small trim figure you are loosing it----my brother who moved to ottawa was home at christmas and showed me how to reconfigure my pictures so maybe i will finally be aBLE TO SEND SOCKS PICS~~!!! that would be amazing----dd22 is doing an exchange in Denmark----the STEP dd20 was in Glasgow for the last term-----the students are planning a few days of travel around france and germany first!!! then off to school---i am saving my cash for my FIFtieth bda;y---i am hoping to go visit the dd at some point---her dad has already booked a trip for him and the other dd ---so this way we all have an excuse to go to Europe!!!!:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: it's hard to imagine as i am afraid to board the tin rockets but how else will i get therE?I HAVE TO GO MAKE PORK BALLS!!!!!! MAYBE WE CAN ALL VISIT YOUR DS IN MEXICO!!! THAT WOULD BE FUN!!!---KIWI MUST BE TRAVELLING TODAY TO BE IN BACKWOODS BY TOMORROW-------------I HEARD THERE IS A BIG STORM HEADING FOR DENVER AGAIN-------------IT HAS BEEN IMPACTING THE STEP DD'S TRAVEL SCHEDULES---------------------:( :( :( [/SIZESTE[P]

SugP
12-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Will take pic of warm, cozy, socks on Canadian feet asap. Have been wearing said socks so much that they are dirty. Cannot take pics of dirty socks. Question: I forget - can I put them in the dryer?

Remember I said we lost the battery recharger for the good camera? Well, after going without since October we finally ordered a new one. It arrived yesterday. Dh found the old batter charger today. :dizzy: :dizzy: All I can do is laugh.

I am learning to play the ukulele.

Wabby!! :hug: The herd misses you too.

Cowpernia
12-28-2006, 07:47 PM
sugar socks are of the famous Opal yarn which I suggest you wash and dry with your other socks. That's what I do and all is fine with them. Besides, you live in Germany and if anything goes wrong, you just walk up to the first woman you meet and ask her how to fix them.

I think it's a great idea to meet Ds in Mexico, especially Wabby DID NOT invite us to the fancy schmanzy hotel with her. LCP leaves for Spain next week. When will Kiwiette be studying abroad and where?

I love the Kiwiette DVD and look forward to my new ukelele CD.

Wabby
12-29-2006, 04:37 PM
Sugar, isn't that the way it goes? I finally gave up looking for my camera and it turned up yesterday at DS's house. I'm sorry for thinking ill of the valet parkers. Bad me.

I think we can all meet in Mexico.

SugP
12-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Mexico is good. I will start learning "La Cucaracha" on my ukulele right away.

We had planned to spend a quite New Year's Eve at home, as usual, and have somehow ended up with 6 guests and a dog coming on Sunday. Eep.

Cowpernia
12-29-2006, 05:41 PM
Guanajuato Mexico middle of May to middle til later in June.

I am stunned. Ds keeps saying he doesn't know when he's going back to college. Classes start the 8th and I think he needs to go buy books, etc. But he doesn't know. I am planning on having him come to the center to make balloon animals for the kids and he is practicing. However, on another subject, he will leave the 3rd to take lcp back to her college. As Sugar says, Eep.

Furniture guy came and dewhitespotted the chest. He said it looked awful and he fixed it but the doors are shakey and he says he'll have new hinges ordered.

Also, the Mexico trip is eXpen$iv3. DS has scholarship money toward it but only half the amount needed and this doesn't include airfare. I am hating this. He plans to study Spanish American Lit and the Impact of Mexican Culture on the Continent. Not sure what continent. Aren't they in Central America?

DS and I watched Supersize Me. I enjoyed it and was changed by it. This guy ate nothing but McDonald's for 30 days and gained 25 lbs. His tricglycerides or whatever the liver makes, shot into the scary zone. He lost his energy, felt depressed and all that. At the end, he took glass containers and placed different McD's products in each one plus one with a hamburger made from regular ground beef and french fries made from real potatoes. The real stuff went first but after 6 or 8 weeks (til someone threw it all out) the McD's french fries did not change in appearance. They did not break down.

So LCP is coming for dinner and we're having barley cooked with butternut squash and a couple of salads.

Kiwonk
12-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Hello! I am home! Glad to be home. In some ways, anyway. Glad not to be still driving :tired: , glad to be able to unpack and start working on the mess of wrapping and boxes we left here, glad to be able to sleep late, glad DD is able to see her squeeze (honestly I thought the 2 of them were going to implode on the phone if it took us any longer to get home), I will be glad to see my furry baby when I go pick her up this evening. Not at all glad to leave the little kiddies, friends and family we got to spend time with on our trip, or to come home to The Pit and reality. I need a job.

I want to lay down too. Sometimes I say lie down but most people say lay down so it must be right. Is not Is not. Supposed to be Lie Down for those who are doing it for themselves, Lay Down when it is done to something/someone else. DH keeps telling me I'm wrong when I tell the dog to Lay Down, and he's right, but I don't care because Lay Down is a better command than Lie Down; you can say it faster. Try it. However the past tense is the same for both words, so really, who gives a carp.
Lucky thing for me, maybe, that his study abroad has to be UF courses as he has the limit on transfer courses now and UF courses are not offered in North Korea. I hear ya, m'dear. We will be discussing this too for the next many months. DD wants to do a Middle East study abroad during her junior year. There is nothing offered by her college that directly fits the bill, which means her financial aid will not necessarily go with her. Plus the Middle East? Please no! I think a nice semester in London sounds good. Germany? I hear France will be mostly Muslim soon; there must be some Arabic studying opportunities there? Oy.
---so this way we all have an excuse to go to Europe!!!!:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: it's hard to imagine as i am afraid to board the tin rockets but how else will i get therE?Too bad I have not won the lottery; we could all book a luxury liner to Europe...
we lost the battery recharger for the good camera? ..we finally ordered a new one. It arrived yesterday. Dh found the old batter charger today. Of course. Isn't that always the way?
I finally gave up looking for my camera and it turned up yesterday at DS's house. I'm sorry for thinking ill of the valet parkers. Bad me. Oops :o

I lost a contact in the back seat of the car last night (mine are not disposable; they are hard contacts and kind of expensive). I pouted half way home. Then as I was carefully taking things out..at 1 in the morning in 11 degree weather..and brushing each thing off -- Voila! it appeared on the seat! Amazing. Now we just have to find DH's glasses which seem to have disappeared during yesterday's drive.
I am learning to play the ukulele.Yay! When are you going to be on YouTube?
I am stunned. Ds keeps saying he doesn't know when he's going back to college. Classes start the 8th and I think he needs to go buy books, etc. But he doesn't know.Typical. DD says she doesn't know when she goes back or when she buys books either. :rolleyes: If it's any help, I'm sure UF has all that info on their website. Even better, do you have his student ID number or whatever you need to get into his account? We have DD's and I do not feel the slightest bit bad about logging on and looking at her registration, class schedule etc. We're paying the bills and even if we weren't, if I had to wait for her to tell me what's going on I'd have torn my hair out months ago.
He plans to study Spanish American Lit and the Impact of Mexican Culture on the Continent. Not sure what continent. Aren't they in Central America? Peachie :kickbutt: Mexico is part of North America. Actually I think that sounds pretty interesting. Much better than the state of women in Saudi Arabia or something :yikes: :stress:
DS and I watched Supersize Me...At the end, he took glass containers and placed different McD's products in each oneI loved that movie. I felt like cheering, just the fact that he made the movie. McD's was forced to make some changes. They finally stopped offering only fries and soft drinks in children's meals. I have to admit I am not a stranger to McD's, although I don't make a habit of it. And when I did sometimes take DD there for a "treat" (?), I always exchanged the soft drink for milk. But they are doing a little better now, and I think it's due to that movie. I had forgotten about the breakdown comparisons. That's really disgusting.

Later,
Kiwi

Bagzz
12-30-2006, 10:22 PM
hi guys-----dd called from the Eiffel Tower this afternoon so i can rest easy for a minute----if anyone wants her blogspot,let me know and i will send it to you---i am still kind of freaking out with worry but i am so happy for her. i am also glad that kiwi is home and running our roost again!! kiwonkers---you are so talented with the computer---i really think you should be able to work at home doing something related to computers-----you should be paid for all your fine advice!!!!well,since i have only slept about three hours in the last day or two maybe i will think about retiring!!!xoxox

Kiwonk
12-31-2006, 03:23 PM
You're too kind, Bagz.

Glad DD has called home. This is DD2, right? Very exciting. I would love to look at her blogspot. Send!

My puppydog is home. It is so good to have her back. She did amazingly well at the kennel over Christmas; she doesn't look a bit different than when I dropped her off. DD and bf went to pick her up (long trip for them--the roads were bad and they stopped for Chinese food). The first thing she did when she saw them -- jump on bf, jump on dd, pee on the floor. :lol:

It is frigid around here today. I took Jet for a walk around 11:00 and almost froze my ears off. :shocksn:

Happy New Year, All!!

Kiwi

SugP
12-31-2006, 10:31 PM
We're on the flip side of midnight now so I can wish yous and y'all a very

Happy New Year!

You cows are the BEST!

THIS is the year we're going to become perfect, right? :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Bagzz
01-01-2007, 10:19 AM
yessssssssssss---HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!i was in bed at midnight of course but ds insisted on putting the countdown on tv in the room so we did yell the ten,nine eight!!! and have a new year's hug---dh was at the airport picking up one of the denver crew----it was a very quiet night which i actually prefer---and i didn't even have ONE drink,but man i ate like a COW!!!!! --- i had swiss cheese dip and crackers,chips and dip,chocolates,shrimp and dip-----candy----i feel a little hung over from THAT~~!!---today we are cooking a prime rib at the mil's so hopefully it will turn out half decently------HAVE A GOOD DAY---IS THIS THE DAY EVERYONE WATCHES FOOTBALL??? I DON'T LIKE FOOTBALL--IT STOPS AND STARTS TOO MUCH!!!!

Cowpernia
01-01-2007, 11:45 AM
I will agree. Happy New Year. So be it.

Ever since watching Supersize Me I have been a vegetarian and am not eating prime rib. I actually love love love grains and veggies and seasonings but always thought I SHOULD eat some meat and I SHOULD feed ds meat but these days I am not. He is on his own. But when I go back to the center, I have to eat lunch with the kids and they are served beef/chicken fingers and other stuff not on my list. It's the worst part of the job. I hate football, also. It makes no sense tome. All the players look just alike and they run up and down the field and who cares. I prefer games with players who have faces.

I will be back to complain about ds later.

Kiwonk
01-01-2007, 01:40 PM
I will be back to complain about ds later.Oh goodie! Just kidding. I'm glad you are doing the veggie thing. You have always enjoyed healthy food; who needs meat if you don't even really like it? Personally I love it. My sis had a standing rib roast for her dh's birthday the day before we left NC and it was yummy I must say. However you will definitely live longer without red meat.

I am still having a rotten time with my computer and mouse. I can't arrange it so that it doesn't hurt my elbow and I hate the trackball. For someone who types and mouses fast, it's just like tying my hands behind my back. Grumble grumble.

Now, your turn to complain about something. I think I'll go work on a new avatar with party hats.

Just to let you join in the freakout anxiety of the day: Here in Maine it is snow/rain/icing and my sweet dd got in her bf's little sporty car and they are driving, probably too fast, to Connecticut for the day. Boggles the mind, doesn't it? His twin had to go back to school today and the word was that the school bug-bombed all the dorms, so on their return they have to completely wipe down their rooms if they don't want to live in pesticide residue. BF volunteered to help his brother clean the place and DD offered to go as well. Of course the twins are taking separate cars. :rolleyes: In the ice and snow and freezing rain. DH wanted to "forbid" her to go, to which I just laughed. My only compensation is that the bf drives slower when she is in the car.

Warning! The following paragraph may make you :drool: Read at your own risk!

We had a lovely, lively New Years Eve celebration over at DDbf's house with his family and a bunch of the kids' friends and some teacher friends of bf's mom. We actually all stayed up and toasted the new year. The kids had been at work all day making food -- DD and BF did the hot dishes, BFtwin did all the sweets -- and the spread was incredible. There was homemade pizza, chili, meatballs, pea soup (I think the grandmother contributed that--and it was delicious), mozzarella balls with tomatoes, and a brie en croute :cloud9: , plus the usual crackers, cheese, veggies and dips. The sweets were to die for: gorgeous coconut macaroons, yummy lemon bars and cream filled tuille I think it was called. That kid is a wonder. Plus their dad made peanut butter fudge (and we got a box to take home). I may never recover.

Kiwi

Bagzz
01-01-2007, 03:12 PM
OH MY!!! THAT SPREAD SOUNDS SO FABULOUS!!!!----WELL--I JUST TOOK TWO PUMPKIN PIES OUT OF THE OVEN AND MY TRIFLE IS ALMOST FULLY ASSEMBLED---we have the freezing rain as well---it should be okay on your highway cause they ususally are out salting ,right!!!! not that i wouldn't be like your dh and 'FORBID' her to go!! can i keep dd from wandering around europe alone this week??? thought not----as peachie can attest----we bend over backwards to keep them safe and sound and once they fly the coop we are whacked out chickens with our heads cut off,but still able to worry!!!!----dd has already lost her 'converter' so she can't use her computer and says the one at the hostel is crappy-----i can't imagine she can buy a new one on new years day--so eff eff eff!!!!-----on a lighter note---we watched " Miss Merry Sunshine" the other night and i laughed quite a few times.xoxoxoxo complaining is my forte.

Kiwonk
01-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Well, DD called about 2 hours into the drive, it was slow going the first 75 miles -- all ice on the interstate. An 18-wheeler rolled over, a car waaay off the road (they stopped for that guy to ask if he needed help). But then they got out of the ice, it warmed up a bit and is just raining apparently.

No, not much you can do about the kids off in far-away places but hope for good sense and good luck. So here's to good sense and good luck!

I heard that movie was really good; I want to see it.

Why are you still making holiday desserts? Is this a Canadian thing? :s:

I had a tortilla with Poblano pepper and cheddar, and a glass of orange juice for lunch. Could be worse, don't you think?

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-01-2007, 04:38 PM
I am not confused. I have to go Netflicks to check and I am NOT confused. The film is "Little Miss Sunshine" not Miss Merry Quite Contrary and I also saw it recently and Laughed A Lot at the end. The beginning not so much. Then I watched it with producer narration and learned that they left music off the front end on purpose so we could get to know the charracters and their high aspirations that none of them could meet. The ending was pretty much the idea of the choreographer. Very funny and original and not predictable too much.

I also saw an Indian film called WATER which I lovvvveeed. It was just so thick with believability and not too sad and not too glib. It's about an eight-year-old widow who doesn't even remember being married but who is thrown into a home for widows where life is not so good but it turns out ok and was so much better than American films usually are. And it made me laugh, too.

I had chai tea and polenta for lunch.

Cherry Cow
01-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Hi Cowies! Peachie, we got that movie for DH for Christmas, but we haven't seen it yet because our DVD player is broken and we don't want to watch it on our computer! Hopefully, he'll get a good job soon and we can get a DVD player.

DS17 got us a TV for Christmas! He's been working for a distributing company, loading and unloading things. Now that he doesn't have to worry about paying for school... he decided to spend it on this. That was really nice of him. This is our first new TV ever. I've never seen a picture so sharp!

Um, fitness? OK. I'm recovering from my cold, but starting as soon as possible, I'm back to my 5-6 workouts a week routine.

BTW, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Cowpernia
01-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Cherry, where do you get used tvs that work?

I feel like screaming. Or crying. Or crying loud. LCP came for dinner and we had fruits and veggies and the house is a mess and I have this pefect little room that I kept suggesting they go into and study and they were studying in front of the tv so I couldn't turn it on. Then I saw ants. And I began attacking the ants and LCP has to join in and the two of them are standing there, slouched, looking at each other and I am feeling so small and pretty soon we don't see any ants AND THEY LEAVEEEEEE. He took her home as though she was freaked out by ants. Really. I do not enjoy this business of being in the room with two people who whisper to each other so I can't hear them and I asked him to get a movie and they brought one from her home which means it was not in English and made no sense to me. I asked several times what was going on and when it ended, I got a synopsis and it evenidently meant more to her than to me. Plus, it started in English dubbing and she had ds change it so only she could understand it and she sighed, "That's better." Was not better. D*mn*d ants.

Cherry Cow
01-02-2007, 03:05 AM
Peachie, our first TV was my dad's, and I got it when I moved out. It's from 1977 and still works. Our second TV was sold to us by a guy at DH's former work who bought a bigger, fancier TV. It also still works. However, they were both 19" screens and neither could handle all-white screens (very popular with advertisers.)

Bagzz
01-02-2007, 12:12 PM
lcp saying 'that's better'--????? i don't get it.Did DS understand it ???? you mean she watched a movie in her language while you and ds just watched the pictures????i think she is missing some cultural clues regarding how one treats the boyfriend's mother.poor peachie---we need ds to find a woman who watches english movies.i must admit,it is interesting to hear how others are dealing with the 'FRIENDS' of the kids---this is one special case!!!muffie would be proud of you!!!

Cowpernia
01-02-2007, 12:29 PM
ds and I had subtitles to read. Me: What just happened? Who got killed? Who is that? Why'd she do that? What happened to Sophie? What happened to the dog? etcccccc.

Muffie would not be proud. Muffie rebuked me for noticing what racial group people were from. LCP is a tiny, brilliant, beautiful Asian girl who eats no meat, plays violin and speaks several languages. Muffie would not like me saying "Asian."

DS is still asleep. He has changed from one bed to another. It's 10:30 here. I want him to do stuff but when he gets up, he still doesn't do stuff. Instead, he tells me why it shouldn't be done. I need tables taken out to the road. He wants to sell them. I refuse to have strangers come here to look at these stupid cheap tables. He says ebay. They are TABLESSSSS. Grr. Snmarl.

Bagzz
01-02-2007, 02:58 PM
one time when i got tired of asking dh to move a chair from the front porch to set on the road { for someone to take,or for the garbage--whichever comes first} i kicked it out the door and it was on the front steps when he came home{all tipped over and horrible looking} however,i knew he would laugh so that is why i did it--THEN he finally moved it to the curb----stick them in ds' way and he may move them---who wants to PACK UP TABLES AND MAIL THEM TO EBAY PEOPLE --YIKES--- also,we have several places that will pick up stuff like that for free {Salvation army}

Kiwonk
01-02-2007, 06:16 PM
I also saw an Indian film called WATER which I lovvvveeed...I had chai tea and polenta for lunch.You are fast becoming the most exotic person I know... :D
I do not enjoy this business of being in the room with two people who whisper to each other so I can't hear them

she had ds change it so only she could understand it and she sighed, "That's better." I do think that the relationship between a boy's mother and his gf is much more than awkward and difficult than the relationship between a girl's mother and her bf, so I'm not sure I can offer anything. I do think she is unknowingly very selfish, ie she no doubt doesn't realize it. I mean, most kids that age are very self-absorbed and at best are able to think about one other person (usually their bf/gf). I see it in DD -- she forgets about other people quite a lot. Her BF is unusually unselfish; I think she's learned something from him--she is more thoughtful than she used to be. But still..

I try to treat DD as an adult, but let's face it, there are times when she doesn't act like one, and I don't hesitate to say something. It's rare that I've ever said anything to the BF, but it has happened and it's not a problem. This business about DS and lcp leaving the house because everything is not perfect, I would have a real problem with, so I don't blame you for being frustrated.
I need tables taken out to the road. He wants to sell them. I refuse to have strangers come here to look at these stupid cheap tables. He says ebay. They are TABLESSSSS. Grr. Snmarl.:lol: Well, if he wants to sell them, I say he can load them into his car and do whatever he wants with them!!
Muffie would not like me saying "Asian."Well, Muffie can kiss my big white **** -- Oh, Hi Muffie! Just kidding!
one time when i got tired of asking dh to move a chair.. i kicked it out the door.. however,i knew he would laugh so that is why i did it--THEN he finally moved it to the curb-I sooooo wish I could do that -- unfortunately, DH lost his sense of humor when he lost his job, or maybe it was during his midlife crisis, but in any case, when I do extreme things like that, he either doesn't notice (true!) or he just thinks I'm being bad-tempered. Last night I showed him how to snap the top of the plastic butter dish on, and he just nodded and said okay. Sarcasm -- not being noted at all. If I can't get a reaction using sarcasm, how can I communicate? :lol:

Hey, it's dark already. DH is roasting a chicken and it smells sooooo good. I think I should go clean up some more junk in honor of someone else cooking. :hungry: Yippee!

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Salvation Army will not come to Dogpatch. They figure there is nothing here worth the trip. So ... about noon, I carried the smaller of the two table to the road, set it down and turned to go back to the house. There was ds, in pjs, barefoot. He picked up the table AND MOVED IT. I said sweetly, "I don't want it by the driveway!!!" And he moved it in the other direction. He WAS MAD AT MEEEE. So we came in and someone stopped and hauled the table off. DS took the second one and creepy people stopped and got it. I explained that I did not want people LIE THAT coming to the house to look at tables for sale and he nodded.

So here's my chest problem. It's called an accent chest and it's very pretty. IN the store, it was just lovely and more expensive than some other stuff but worth the extra because it would make me happy. So a cousin of this accent chest is put on a truck somewhere and sent to me. It arrives with white gunk on it, bad hinges and .... this MAY NOT be a legitimate complaint ... the three pieces of granite on the top were not as pretty. The guy came, agreed it looked terrible, and made the white go away. Much of the white is back. I called today but now I just want to call them and tell them to refund my buckeroos and take this away. I hate this stuff. I just hate when customers are taken advantage of. And when it's me ... I just feel frustrated and up against this huge organization.

I don't know if I treat DS as an adult or not. He's just naturally secretive so I tend to find out things untimely and then he feels guilty and acts like a child. He's spring breaking with his dad. Summering in Mexico. LCP is planning on moving out state to grad school in two semesters. I wonder if he will follow. No sense asking as it's so soon and EVEN IF HE DID KNOW, I would not be informed.

Bagzz
01-02-2007, 10:54 PM
this stage is hard peach---i locked the door tonight and realized that i had no reason to leave it unlocked or leave the porch light on ----it made me sad---i still have ds but having the two dd's far away and remembering how quickly that happened it makes me sad for when HE goes----AND---the dd20 who has always come home in the summer to work,says she isn't coming home this summer----so,i hear ya,and i guess we have to make do and find something else to do............................... glad you got rid of the tables though--and FOR SURE TELL THOSE SKANKS TO COME AND TAKE THE BUREAU THEY SCREWED UP!!!!

Cowpernia
01-04-2007, 08:39 AM
People must post more. I need new stuff to read and worry about not being able to find the right thread as it slips on down the line.

Since working at the center (Oct. 2), I have gained 5 lbs. Over the holidays, eating my own food, I have lost 4 of them. I have to eat with the kids and am told to "pretend" I'm eating but then when will I eat my own lunch? If I get a break, it's 10 minutes. Sometimes there is no break. This is illegal as announced in a meeting yesterday at another office but it still happens. They are understaffed.

I am just not willing to put that weight back on..

The skanks said they talked to the furniture fixer guy who said he couldn't do anything else for the chest as it seems to have something under the finish. They asked if I'd be happy with a $90 discount. The chest cost $319. So ... no. They're thinking what to do now.

Wabby
01-04-2007, 05:18 PM
I've lost 26 lbs. since the middle of September. Some of it I worked hard at, some of it is b/c I no longer remember to eat. It's a strange phenomena. Peachie, I thought you'd be losing weight b/c the leetle children have children's table manners, which translates into not too appetizing.

I babysat Kayden (who we now call Kaydy, of course you knew that would happen) this morning. She is an amazingly beautiful baby, and of course, extremely intelligent. Of course. ----I've sent DS off to a 4 day personal enrichment seminar. Supposed to help him develop leadership skills and stress coping methods. He has been thrown into huge responsibilities and I'm hoping this will help him. He is doing amazing things - 23 yrs old and he's being the supervisor on the glass in a new Honda dealership, commercial projects, etc. He's his Daddy's son, that's for sure.

DD is going back to school starting next week. She's going into a 2 yr program for X-ray Tech. She was going to put it off, but I talked her into starting now. She needs to keep herself busy.

We're all just hanging in there.

Cowpernia
01-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Sounds like you're hanging in there really good, Wabbo. Impressive about BOTH your kids. Mine just got to lcp's school with no phone charger which translates into "MOM STOP CALLING ME>"

Quiet here.

SugP
01-05-2007, 04:48 AM
Posting for Peaches

Peachy - I say full refund or a new chest comparable to the display model, NOTHING in between. I can't believe what some people try to get away with. Customer service? Pfffffft.

:hug: Oh Wabs, it's so good to hear that you are all moving forward in such a postive way. This is going to be a learning experience for everyone.

I have lost 10 lbs since I don't know when and am about to exercise (right after I finish off these M&Ms). Sick and tired of being fat and tired. I saw Supersize Me a while ago and found it very, very scary.

Later on today we're going to IKEA to buy some lamps for the new kitchen. That means we'll come back with a whole truckload of other stuff we don't need. Whoo.

Christmas stuff is still up. Bleh. Will tackle that this weekend.

Bagzz
01-05-2007, 08:41 AM
yesssssss wabby,it's hard to remember to eat. I do remember the knot that just sits there and the food does too. You are smart to keep those kids of yours busy.Of course,being such sweet kids,they are keeping their eyes on you as well.WE are glad you are posting so we can keep track of you too!!Busyness certainly helps and "Kaydy" may be the best medicine of all.----------

Bagzz
01-05-2007, 08:48 AM
oh yes!!! peachers,under NO circumstances are you to take a deal on the chest--it's either a NEW chest that looks just the way you wanted it,or your CASH back!!!!and don't waver on it---they usually bow to that behaviour---at least Sears used to around here!!---SUGAR!!! you lost ten pounds ,you BRAT!!!! and peachers FOUR!!!!well,i can't believe i havn't gained TEN with all the CRAP i have been eating---and it's making me FEEL like crap as well====last night i ate about a half of a leftover pumpkin pie for supper---this has to STOP for sure,but i am not ready yet---i feel like i have one more batch of shortbreads to eat.--------------dd22 is now living in Scandinavia and she loves it---she went to the Ikea to get her room all fixed up----she hardly brought anything over with her as it's too expensive---just clothes and computer and necessities.She seems to be having quite a time---i am very happy for her,but am a nervous wreck as she speaks of driving a bike everywhere---apparently EVeryone drives bikes EVERYWHERE,so she must as well!!!----the shop here at the market is soooooooo dull,i am telling you i wish i could close down for the winter---it's sooooooo boring---i have my niece working in there,but obviously i have to hang there at SOME point--i only like working when it's BUSY!!!--------------last day of school break here--i am ready for STRUCTURE AND I WOULD LIKE TO THROW OUT HALF THE HOUSE!!!

Cowpernia
01-05-2007, 09:38 AM
After all the grief DS gave me about the tables that he wanted to sell, he left ALL The CRAP he can sell here. There's his old Tae Kwon Do gear and an unused set to swimming flippers or whatever they're called. Still Here. They're big and they're in my little house. ANNDDDD he didn't bring a cell phone charger so he's out of charge and driving up and down Florida with his mother unable to reach him.

Now I will complain about this woman at work. She has a title other than cleaning woman but she is the woman who cleans. And she does a lot of other stuff. And she's grouchy. And I feel like I work for her a lot of the time. And she's close personal friends with the center director (which seems to gain her little in terms of job responsibilities) and is a tattle tale. For the first part of the day I help in the lunchroom where she also helps and she bosses me around. I can live with this. But in the afternoon I have my little class and this week, she's assigned to be in there and she's STILL BOSSIGN ME and the kids. Two little kids are banging on this wooden doll house with plastic hammers and she grumpily snatches them away. Little plastic hammers. Little noises. Old hag.

LCP made a big batch of chocolate chip muffins and left them here for me to eat so I will quickly put my 4 lbs back on.

Kiwonk
01-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Since working at the center (Oct. 2), I have gained 5 lbs. Over the holidays, eating my own food, I have lost 4 of them. I have to eat with the kids and am told to "pretend" I'm eating but then when will I eat my own lunch? You can't bring a container of decent food with you to eat at the table? I think you should just defy them and bring it anyway. If the kids saw you eating healthy food, maybe they'd aspire to it too. Tell them you're allergic to crap. Or something a little more politic. Seriously, you could tell them you have a medical condition that requires you to avoid fried and creamed foods or something. That is true, don't you think?

I'm with Bagz, you should tell them you will not be keeping this chest under any circumstances. You'll have to be prepared to not have one, but if you inform them that they can either exchange it for a real one or give you your money back, I don't see how you can lose. It's incredible that they think you will put up with substandard furniture.

Gotta go shoot skeet in the rain. Welcome to my world.

Kiwi

Schatzi
01-06-2007, 10:27 PM
I HAVE RETURNED!! (that was my own little fanfare)

Schatzi
01-06-2007, 10:30 PM
LIKE A FUNGUS!!!

I'M Baaaaack!!!!

(I need attention... childhood issues..Ppppaintyyyy wheere are youuuu)

Cowpernia
01-06-2007, 10:32 PM
what'd you bring me?

Schatzi
01-06-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm frem Jersey dall, whadcha spect?
Sunshine, ponies and lollypops... NOT!!

if you Reeaaaly want somethin I can send you a refridgerator magnet.

Cowpernia
01-06-2007, 11:13 PM
They don't have chicken bones in Jersey? How much farther is Canada?

Schatzi
01-06-2007, 11:16 PM
So anyway,

BAGZZZ HOW A DOOR A BULL is yer family!!!! Such a cute pic of the whole clan ! Thanks fer sending!!!

Wabbina.... I miss you .. please come by and share all your little smiles with Kaydee and daily triumphs struggles :hug: I mean it! We want to know and help when we can :^:

COWPERNIA--- NONONO!!! Settle for NOTHING!!!Get your money back or a total replacement !!! And I wish to slap you upside the head: YOU MUST PUT HAIRNET LADY in her place!!! People treat you as you let them:nono:

Kiwi --I see a job in yer future..I think you would be good at training dogs for those Agility events. Did you really shoot skeet?

Sug-- I'm hungry you must post more food on yer blog .

Schatzi
01-06-2007, 11:20 PM
I never had a chicken bone...If youuu realllllly cared, I would be eating chicken bones in knitted socks (shoe size 6.5)

Schatzi
01-06-2007, 11:31 PM
is the thread name reallllly an anagram? If so I need a hint

Kiwonk
01-07-2007, 01:44 AM
YOU SURE ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS FOR SOMEONE FROM NEW JERSEY

:lol:

Yes, I really did shoot skeet. And I am really sore. I was not very good, but it was fun. We ended the afternoon with a competition -- DH and the BF tied at 4 of 5 shots, DD hit 1 out of 5 and I got a perfect zero. But I had hit a number of targets before, so I don't feel like a complete monkey.

I am so sore from the kick-back on the shotguns (we had 3 different ones to try out), plus 2 of them were kind of heavy too, so holding them up was a bit of a challenge after a while. This morning I had a hard time getting myself dressed. Can hardly wait for tomorrow....

Oh yeah, welcome back Schatzi.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-07-2007, 10:27 AM
My word, shots, calm down. The 2nd 2 words are an anagram. The first word begins with L and the second with W.

You are like someone from a British novel. Shooting skeets. Sail boating. Fox hunting in flared-butt pants. Running up the spiral staircase in a tomboyish manner and re-emerging in a ball gown. HEY! You're like a Bollywood movie.

Schatzi
01-07-2007, 12:09 PM
I Love to shoot trap/skeet... I have a Mossberg with a modified stock. My arm isn't long enough to comfortably reach the trigger so my cousin cut down the stock and refitted it with a nice pad to help with the recoil. I used DHs until I got respectable. He's got a Remington. We use to belong to a "hunting gun club".. I didn't hunt.. just loved to shoot trap. We would all meet one Sunday a month and shoot 2-4 rounds of 25 birds. I think my average was 17 out of 25 when the club disbanded...

Bagzz
01-07-2007, 12:22 PM
you may start a new thread on the Ducks Unlimited Forum if you like. Whoever heard of Cows shooting Ducks!!!!! i loved peachers assessment of kiwonk's "To the Manor Born" persona---i rather love the presentation-----hey,if i go to the big Buyers of|American Craft Show in Philly this Feb----should i see if lush wants to come with me???? who lives close to PHiladelphia?????---i did a mapquest on it and it's only a twelve hour drive from here---i need a new source for VERY cool jewellery and i am running out of stuff here that interests me---------------HAS ANYONE SPIED ANY COOL JEWELLERY IN THEIR RESPECTIVE COMMUNITIES THAT I SHOULD BE BUYING?????HMMMMMMMMM??????? I DO LIKE THE BLACK MOUNTAIN GOLD-------------------

Bagzz
01-07-2007, 12:23 PM
welcome Back Dearest Of Shatz!!!!!!

Wabby
01-07-2007, 06:41 PM
I just popped in here to get keys to DH's big truck. I'm driving to Eugene (about 2 hrs by freeway) to participate in DS's "celebration" for completing the PES Wings class. My brother and I are going to surprise him by showing up. I don't like to drive my leetle car on the freeway. Too many big trucks to swamp me, and it's pouring down rain today.

Bagzie, I'll ask my friend w/ the gift shop who she's buying jewelry from. She always has cool stuff in her shop.

Never have shot trap. Sounds like fun, but not the sore muscles part.

Peachez, you need a James Bond type homing device on that boy. I know they have them that will even keep track of how fast your kid is driving. I don't know if I'd want that information.

Schatz, you read like you're from Joisey. ;)

Hi everycow else.

SugP
01-08-2007, 03:05 AM
Tell them you're allergic to crap. Or something a little more politic. Seriously, you could tell them you have a medical condition that requires you to avoid fried and creamed foods or something.
Kiwi

Really. Just say you have "dietary restrictions", they can't argue with that, can they?

I'm frem Jersey dall, whadcha spect?
Sunshine, ponies and lollypops... NOT!!

Everyone from Joisey is full of childhood angst? After watching The Sopranos that doesn't suprise me.

Good to have you back, even if you did compare yourself to athlete's foot. :D

Yes, I really did shoot skeet. And I am really sore. I was not very good, but it was fun... But I had hit a number of targets before, so I don't feel like a complete monkey.

Ooh, how Country Life of you! So is this like that thing they did on Love Boat where they shot those clay pigeon things into the air? Did you wear your tweed skirt and borrow a couple of corgies? :smug:

You are like someone from a British novel. Shooting skeets. Sail boating. Fox hunting in flared-butt pants. Running up the spiral staircase in a tomboyish manner...

...with your taffy-coloured hair flying every which way behind you...

hey,if i go to the big Buyers of American Craft Show in Philly this Feb----should i see if lush wants to come with me????

Absolutely! Lush needs to get out more. I'd go with you if I even knew where Philadelphia was.

I just popped in here to get keys to DH's big truck. I'm driving to Eugene (about 2 hrs by freeway) to participate in DS's "celebration" for completing the PES Wings class..

You can be so proud of that young man, Wabby. :)

Peachez, you need a James Bond type homing device on that boy.

Yes! That's it. Get a microchip implanted in his foot while he's sleeping. He won't feel a thing and you'll always know where he is :dizzy:

Kids went back to school today. I got about 4 hours sleep so am acting like the usual zombie, just more tired. Must tidy up the tip and throw more stuff away. Exercised for 35 mins yesterday. Thinking of doing the same today.

Bagzz
01-08-2007, 09:06 AM
thanks wabby!!! i would LOVE some new ideas and even though i advertise as a CAnadian Gift Shop,i have some leeway when it comes to jewellery--the tourists are only here for a few months a year and my regular people don't care WHERE the cool stuff comes as long as it's DIFFERENT!!!which bro is going with you to the ceremony----i have to pay more attention!!! you have alot of sibs !!!---how sweet that he will be surprised---it doesn't matter how old they get,they always like mamma to be proud!!!!kiwonk---do you think there is any way for us to get rich on the internet---this daily grind of working is not doing it for me---can you think of a way to take us cows into the stratosphere on the web??? i mean COME ON!!!we watched flybags meteroric rise to riches----we should be able to do SOMETHING!!!!!!---i am putting you in charge!!!---School is cancelled in this neck of the woods even though it should be the first day back---freezing rain and snow mixed with it---changing to rain-----WHERE DID THE SNOW GO!!! ARE YOU LACKING SNOW IN THE WOODS TOO,KIKI?????----SUGARBUNS----dd22 had a grand time all ALONE| in Germany---she loved Koln [????}----she even went to one of the spas and swam around the pool that goes outdoors----she is all ensconced at school now in Denmark and seems happy---it is shocking to her that Coke is four or five dollars a litre and PRINGLES are six dollars a can!!! i am sending her some things but it costs a fortune to mail anything over there and it takes weeks and weeks to arrive--she sent herself a box of things in november and it still hasn't arrived there.As much as i think flybat is annoying i need someone to make me throw stuff out---otherwise this house will engulf me in depression-----i did go for a walk yesterday but i have no motivation for excercise at all--one of my friends is trying to make me go to YOGA tonight -----if i can just moveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee my arseeeeeeeeeee

Schatzi
01-08-2007, 02:15 PM
This just in Our bid on 10 acres was accepted.... now starts the :yikes: fun part. We plan to be our own General contractor. Now if I could just decide on a house plan. Tooo many to choose from.

That's all thats new from Gary Gnu

SugP
01-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Bagzie - I'm glad DD had a good time in Germany. Cologne is very cool. Denmark is adorable, but it's SOOO expensive. I think Finland and Sweden are worse, though. That said, we're thinking about renting a beach house in Denmark for two weeks at Easter. Indoor swimming pool, whirlpool. They make you pay for electricity in addition to the rent, but it's not so bad if you bring your own food. Except for me having to plan two weeks worth of menus, of course :dizzy:

Schatz - refresh my memory - how many football fields in 10 acres. And why not let us cows help you choose your house plan. We have such good taste. :moo: :moo: :moo:

Forgot to thank you cows for Christmas cards/lovely CDs. Very thoughtful. I was slob and didn't send anything.

Kiwonk
01-08-2007, 03:12 PM
I am enjoying the image of Wabby ramming the roads in the big truck. Hope the celebration was fun.
Ooh, how Country Life of you! So is this like that thing they did on Love Boat where they shot those clay pigeon things into the air? Did you wear your tweed skirt and borrow a couple of corgies? :smug:
Oh, I forgot my tweeds.... And I left my giant corgi at home for fear that DH would forget himself and shoot her... Okay, not really, but I didn't think subjecting her to a couple of hours of gunshots would really be that beneficial to her. She's young and impressionable (or more to the point, not necessarily out of the puppyhood fear periods, when events can sometimes trigger lifelong fears). However we did indeed do the Love Boat thing. DD'sbf brought along a clay pigeon launcher, that was a big improvement over the hand throwers we used to use. So yesterday DH found one of these things at Dick's Sporting Goods and bought himself a birthday present.

I appreciate the Sporting Girl image. It's a great improvement over what I keep seeing in the mirror or god forbid in photos. A piece of advice: don't ever have yourself photographed sitting in front of the computer unless you really can't avoid it. I had to bring my OT guy photos of my computer setup and posture and I haven't been the same since. Must keep thinking Kate Hepburn or bracing walks on the Scottish Highlands or something.

kiwonk---do you think there is any way for us to get rich on the internet---this daily grind of working is not doing it for me---can you think of a way to take us cows into the stratosphere on the web??? i mean COME ON!!!we watched flybags meteroric rise to riches----we should be able to do SOMETHING!!!!!!---i am putting you in charge!!!-Good lord woman, I think you appointed the wrong person. I can't get out of my own way most days.

Our bid on 10 acres was accepted.... now starts the :yikes: fun part. Wow! Congratulations!!!!

We did have a few inches of snow today, the first in weeks. Unfortunately it turned to rain, so I don't think it's going to end up being fun snow. This is the 2nd crappy winter in a row. I blame George Bush. Why not?

Kiwi

Schatzi
01-08-2007, 03:20 PM
I checked The Google on the Internets as George our fearless leader would say, and apparently 10 acres is about 10 football fields ... it doesnt look that big to me... of course in addition to missing the Direction Gene, I'm a little short on Spatial concepts.. I think Ken said we have like 500 ft of "frontage" so it's kinda boxy, not long and narrow.
Suggy, yes yes I will send some of our picks to the herd. And Yes yes, there is a certain jersey/newyawk attitude even if you had ponies lollypops, beanie babies and rainbows. Its paht of our chahm ... heh heh
Youse cows are sooo, continental, what with going off "abroad" n all. If I had my druthers I would build this house just to build equity-cash out, and travel to Germany,Denmark, BC, Italy... Dh on the other hand has no interest in seeing Far off lands... sez "there's more then enuf to see in 'merica" . I think I will need to find him a buddy so me and my galpals can go traisping the globe.

I do soo like the picture of taffy haired Kiwi in flared padded pants in tweed... it fits her. :) P.s -- Trapshooting can be very addicting! I have a reloader cheep if you get to that point :dizzy: shipping will prolly be about 100 kiwi zazzle stamps--its a heavy thing!
and Wabby in a big truck ramming folks... yes, I would like to be her copilot!

Cowpernia
01-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Congrats on the land. Yayyyyy.

LCP said her host family in Spain stood outside her door (shared a bedroom with another exchange student) and talked about how bad they were and how sick of foreigners they were. So they changed houses. The people thought the students coudln't understand Spanish.

Now I need to rant: I have this little class but it meets in someone elses classroom and after hours for that center so no one wants to stay with me. Therefore, everyone is forced to take turns. I have different people in there all the time, no one has the same style, they can't help in any solid way because they don't know the paperwork, they don't clean and we have to clean and at 5:00, BOTH OF THEM walked out today. This left me ALONE to take out the trash, lock up two buildings, put away stuff and I was not happy. Scary. Bad neighborhood. We've had lots of breakins there. Then .. my car door won't open. Broke. I am sad and p*ss*d and have no skeets to shoot.

Bagzz
01-08-2007, 09:11 PM
what class do you mean??? a class you are taking or a class with the children??? je ne comprends!!!----why would they leave you all alone??? that is TERRIBLE you should tell them they HAVE to stay with you!!!! if not,i would not clean up at all--just lock up and leave when they do----we need to get something to cheer you up going on around here peach---this is ENOUGH!!!!!---what do you think would make you happier??? [besides clay pidgeons}

Cowpernia
01-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Oh Bagzie Wagnie. sob sob WHHHHAAAA. It's the class I'm teaching. This is a FEDERAL program and requires FBI approval before I am a trusted teacher. Therefore, until the Feds say OK (and my fingerprints are being done the 2nd time) TWO FBI_OK'd people have to be in the room. So a teacher and a teacher's aid are there and NO ONE Wants to be there because of the late hours.

Tomorrow, I will be firm and tell them to :

1. make the d*mn*d snack.
2. clean the table.
3. DO NOT LEAVE ME at 5:00.... I also am supposed to get off at 5:00.
4. Grab the garbage.
5. Haul it out.
6. Check the other doors.

That will do for a start. Problem is that keep trading out so I can't get used to anyone before another is forced in. Gr rr rrr r rr r r rrr

Cowpernia
01-08-2007, 11:00 PM
But, you know, the kids are so sweet. One little boy accidentally marked on my shirt with washable marker. His little hand kept brushing and brushing trying to clean it off like it was lint.

SugP
01-09-2007, 05:48 AM
Little boys can be so adorable. Just think about them instead of all the other idiotic people you have to deal with.

Peachy - Your list sounds good. Give it to them in writing and tell them it MUST be done and that EVERYONE needs to participate. Make them sign it before they go. They're just slacking off and trying to see what they can get away with and it's not right to leave you there all alone. So there. Pffffffft.

Just did 30 mins on the elliptical. It was OK. Now I'm hungry. Must go shopping.

Am also just about the post the picture of Sox on Feet and post it on my blog. I washed and dried the little beauties in the washing machine/dryer and they came out perfect. I was afraid of wrecking them.

Kiwonk
01-09-2007, 07:24 PM
What the heck? Take a look at this page (http://www.residenceinnscarborough.com/photo_gallery.php) and go to the photo of the swimming pool. We are going there this weekend to visit with our friends from Oregon. They're treating us to an overnight stay for DH's birthday. Anyway, I was looking at the pool thinking how inviting it looked when I realized it is doctored! Look at the handrails--isn't that weird?
LCP said her host family in Spain stood outside her door (shared a bedroom with another exchange student) and talked about how bad they were and how sick of foreigners they were. What a rotten attitude! Why would people host foreign students if they were sick and tired of them? I hope she has better luck with the new hosts.

I am so mad at your co-teachers. It's unforgivable enough to leave all the cleanup work for you to do, but to leave you alone in a sketchy neighborhood is simply inexcusable. Don't they get paid to be there (probably more than you)? :mad:

Well, kids, looks like Taffy (I actually had a childhood friend who called me that) will not be shooting skeet again for a while. I got read the riot act today at OT. My very sweet OT guy is moving away after this week and he wanted to try to get to the bottom of why I am still having as much pain as I am. Well, um, apparently I shouldn't be holding a heavy gun up to my shoulder, not to mention that I shouldn't be lifting all the crates of recycling into the back end of the car like I did today, and many other things. Oops. DD did some errands and then came to pick me up there so she also got to hear about all the things I shouldn't be doing, at least for a couple of weeks.

I am planning a surprise 50th birthday for DH this Sunday. Guess where? You got it -- the bowling alley (well, why not, everyone loved it last summer!) Anyone want to stop by? :lol: I don't think I'll able to bowl anyway, too heavy for my stupid elbow. I didn't get a chance to bowl at DD's grad. party either -- too busy. Oh well, everyone else will enjoy it. And they do serve beer. :s:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-09-2007, 08:31 PM
The handrails do seem to be a little inland.

Today was much better. I was determined to tell THEM what to do (they are not paid more than me as I have a degree) and began by venting to the boss "just in case someone said something." Instead of giving her blessing to my new attitude, she said, "I'll take care of it" and everything went better. I told the what to do and they did it. I helped if I felt like it. I was not left. In fact, my car was in the shop and I was given a ride. COWS RULE!!!

Just got email from ds that said only "I miss you :(" and I am guilty of thinking it was meant for lcp. However, I replied that I miss him, too.

I want to bowl.

Kiwonk
01-10-2007, 01:14 AM
You may bowl. Also you may shoot skeet. And COWS do RULE!!

But also remember You Can't Get A Man With A Gun. ;)

My arm hurts.

I made corned beef and potatoes/cabbage/carrots/onions per DH request for dinner tonight. The bf went home early tonight with a headache. I wondered why he was so quiet at dinner. We had an absolutely raucous time the other night when the 4 of us played Scrabble. DH won. But a good time was had by all.

You know, I'd forgotten how hard it is to keep a secret from someone who is always around... I kept wanting to talk about bowling today. :tape:

See youse cows later

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-10-2007, 10:10 PM
I have not tried to get a man with a gun. I don't have a gun. Is that why I have no man???? Also, I have no bowling ball. Is that why I have no bowling shirt?

Just watched Devil Wore Prada and got reallllllllllllllllllllllllly bored.

Kiwi's dh must bea jeanyus if he can beat her is scrabble. And her DD must be super jeanyusy. Kiwi, by comparison, is a bit slow I fear.

Did you all see the picture of Sugar's feet? Beautiful. Sighhhh. So lovely.

Cowpernia
01-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Bush is on MY tv. Remember when Elvis shot his tv? Remember the people who broken their tvs because cockroaches ina commericial looked real?

Cowpernia
01-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Gawwwwddd, he makes me sick. Hate hate hate hate him.

Cherry Cow
01-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Sugar P's feet looked beautiful in the lovely Peachie socks!

I have actually exercised once this year. Go me!

Wabby
01-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Go you, Cherry!! whatta gal!

And go Schatzi on the acreage! That's wonderful news. I can't wait to see your house plans.

I'll be checking back today. I want to see posts.:drill:

Kiwonk
01-11-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't have a gun. Is that why I have no man???? Also, I have no bowling ball. Is that why I have no bowling shirt?Is that a rhetorical question? I recommend owning a bowling shirt, dallying with a man, borrowing a gun, and renting a bowling ball. Not necessarily in that order.

Gawwwwddd, he makes me sick. Hate hate hate hate him.Me too. Was he saying anything I was supposed to know about? No reason for all of us to suffer through his speech, after all...

I've got nothin to say. I'm a bore. It's cold here. Bye bye.

Kiwi

Wabby
01-11-2007, 04:57 PM
It's cold here too. Only 36 degrees out right now, and it's supposed to get into the 20's tonight. Brrrr. I think I may have to put DH's horse into the barn tonight so he doesn't get too cold. Maybe even the cows. Can't have cold cows.

Bagzz
01-11-2007, 05:13 PM
HELLO WABBASAURUS!!! I SEE YOU ARE SMOKEY THE BEARCOW TODAY!!!!---i am sooooooo bored at work---no one wants to buy christmas presents anymore so they just stop by to say hello-----i am getting the dsl installed at the shop so i can be on the computer just like wabby!!! --------it is finally cold around here but still no snow at all---wierd ,considering it has snowed in vancouver----I CAN TELL YOU ONE THING---KIWI---STOP USING THAT SHOULDER OR IT WILL FREEZE THAT WAY!!!!! GOTTA GO MAKE SUPPER!!!XOXOX

Bagzz
01-11-2007, 06:23 PM
put that horsie in the barn---AND MOST DEFINITELY PUT OUR NAMESAKES IN THE BARN----WE'LL FREEZE OUR COWARSES OFF!!!!!

Cowpernia
01-11-2007, 07:37 PM
At least let me knit udder-socks for the cowsies. Please provide measurements and favorite colors. Speaking of favs, I am knitting socks now that I feel are truly ugly. Who wants ugly socks???.

Wabby
01-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Cows are not particular about the style or color of their udder socks.

Bagz, it's a quiet day here also. Guys are all out working. I now have a sweet gal that comes in mon - weds and works in the office for me. Thursdays and Fridays I'm on my own. My friend who has the gift shop also hates the January sales down turn now takes her vacation during January. She just closes up shop for a couple weeks and goes somewhere warm and sunny. I think you should do that too, Bagzie. I'll meet you.

Horse and cows are snug in the barn. I've been having to carry 5 gallon buckets of water to them because we had to shut off water to the barn and pasture so it doesn't freeze and break pipes. Time to make those cows into hamburger.

Kiwonk
01-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Maybe even the cows. Can't have cold cows.You're such a softie. It's not too cold here, 26 degrees. The other day I was driving home and it was 7 degrees. 26 is balmy around here...

Man, something smells really good in my kitchen. Probably DH is cooking something involving leftover corned beef for lunch. Of course it is 3 PM, one would think it might be a little late for lunch. Especially as I have promised DUCK for dinner! Yes, Duck! I'm thawing him right now. I think it's a him, but there's no name on the package, so it could be a her.
Who wants ugly socks???.:chin: how ugly are they?
I now have a sweet gal that comes in mon - weds and works in the office for me. Thursdays and Fridays I'm on my own. I wish I could come keep you company on Thursdays and Fridays. I happen to be free.
Time to make those cows into hamburger.Hmm, I think I take back that remark about being a softie. :lol:

Gotta go check on my thawing mallard or whatever he is.

Ohmygosh we watched the most disturbing movie last night. I do not recommend it, well, for anyone really. It was called Hard Candy. A young girl taking revenge on a pedophile. Hey, I didn't pick it out. Kinda wish I hadn't watched it either.

Later, kids

I want everyone to sign up for facebook. I need some friends....

Kiwi

Bagzz
01-12-2007, 05:03 PM
kiwi is my friend on facebook---you should all be jealous!!!---i am having a TERRIBLE time with the health of my ds12---he claims to be nauseaus all the time and has lost around ten pounds in the past few weeks----he did this last winter too,but he was alot bigger and now he is skinny---it is freaking me out---today i took him to the DR who tested him for diabetes {he was fine} and then sent us for thyroid,liver and other blood tests. He is sending him for a gi series to see if he has acid reflux. Meanwhile,trying to get him to eat is stressing me beyond belief-----it is also depressing me. i keep imagining all these horrible things are wrong with him {cancer is what i always think of,must start with the worst thought---that is my style}of course he can't even have the xray until the 30th of the month so i can stress out until then as well=----we did the blood tests today but god knows when they will report those back to me.anyway,need to vent all of that-----------sometimes i wish i had not had kids cause i don't think i can handle the stress of it---i should have been a lesbo and adopted geckos. on a more practical note,wabby,can you send me some frozen cowpatties??? AND IF I WERE ALLOWED I WOULD CLOSE MY SHOP IN JANUARY, but the City Market stays open all year and they don't want a blank empty stall in the middle of the market...............what would be wrong with THAT i ask you!!!!

Schatzi
01-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Bagz- MOST DISTRESSING about DS!!! I hope it is something minor.. maybe you could get those Nutrition drinks so that he can get his vitamins and nutrients in?

Wabby-- I bet it will be nice to have someone in the office with you. heheee on the cowpatties... where we are moving to has many a cow farm and one has "meat by appointment" Tues - Thurs. :lol:

Pernie-- I really don't think you are capable of making ugly socks. I think you should go bowling... skip purchase of all sans SHOES.. you don't want used stinky shoes where they use old mustard bottles to spritz in good smelling baby powder.

Kiwi-- oooooowwwww Duck is it? Yer quite the gormets!

Cherry- thats one more than I've done :dz:

I am trying to wean my dogs off of people food. Its not working. I've tried Beneful, IAMs, Pedigree... I just tried those fancyschmancy Beneful chicken in rice, and some chicken stew thing. It is sitting there ...Still...from las night... They occassionally sniff it with distain and look at me accusingly. Darby the brazen brat just now SNIFFED, SAT, looked at me and barked... I believe she is voicing her displeasure. Tonight is ham steaks, cauliflower in cheese sauce... and something else...

Schatzi
01-12-2007, 06:59 PM
I caved...PiggyPups are enjoying my ham steak.

Bagzz
01-12-2007, 08:26 PM
see how easy it is to make dogs eat,and i bet geckos eat whatever you put in front of them.i am getting a gecko----and right away ,at that

Kiwonk
01-12-2007, 10:31 PM
I live right on the edge.

Goodness, Bagz, poor ds! Anything that goes flooey with our kids is a nightmare for us. I hope they get to the bottom of it soon. There are so many possibilities. My best friend in high school couldn't eat without throwing up for years; she was diagnosed with allergies and eventually grew out of it. It's scary for sure. At least he is young enough that you have a handle on what's going on with him.

I don't know about that duck. Talk about greasy! A lot of work for very little food. Can't say I over-ate anyway.

Schatzi Schatzi Schatzi What are we going to do with you? Unfortunately the only way to wean doggies off of people is to stop Cold Turkey, so to speak. :lol: Put the dog food down, maybe with a tasty DOGGIE yummy on it, wait for half an hour or so, pick it up and try again at the NEXT MEALTIME! No dog ever died from missing a meal!

Or you can feed them people food. Who really cares anyway?

Although: ham? I fed my last dog the leftovers of the ham one time and she ate them twice.

Sorry.

We are leaving in the A.M. for an overnight with some friends downstate. Leaving Jet with DD. Right on cue while I was trying to get the duck dinner finished and DD and BF had just walked in the door, Jet started throwing up. She hardly ever does that; hope dd doesn't have to deal with a sick doggie. Although that would put a crimp in her love life while we're gone....

A kittycat just came and sat on my number keys. She also opened an ad window for me. Darling little thing.

Kiwi

Bagzz
01-12-2007, 10:52 PM
hey kiwonkers---hasn't school started for the kids yet???dd20 has been in class for a week and a half already!!!! stepdd20 has as well and stepdd18 started this past monday--------it must be fun having them around for such a nice long vacation!!!!----regarding ds---he is in good spirits so i am hoping we can get to the bottom of this ---we have such a strong family history of gerd,the doc thinks it's a possibility----------you are right though---anything with the kids just puts you on another scary planet----------here's to jet keeping her food down for the weekend!!!!

Cherry Cow
01-13-2007, 01:06 AM
Yeah, being a parent is the scariest thing on earth. We have an ice storm today and DS17 insisted on going out in it. He's home now, but I was worried. DS11 is staying over at a friend's house. They had already planned it, and we figured they might as well be trapped together so they can play.

Bagzz, I have a friend who has severe food allergies. She was quite ill for a long time before they figured out it was anything related to cows (dairy AND beef.) She's better now, healthy, although she's only gained back about half of the weight she lost. I hope your son's issues get resolved quickly and easily! It's so scary when they're unwell!

Cowpernia
01-13-2007, 05:50 AM
I've been trying to think what's wrong with Bagzds, too. Is there something you eat more of in the winter? Wheat? Citrus? Dairy? I know it feels all worng. Kids are supposed to keep gaining weight and eating more. Anything they do that's abnormal is so worrisome.

Doggers should not eat people food. It's not good for them. Somebody is spoiling the doggers.

Itr's the middle of the night. Insomnia. I need to snuggle up to a cow in a barn. I will not let them be hamburged. NOOO. They have beautiufl eyes. My cats are no good.

They let you bowl without shoes? They spray mustard bottles aroma into the shoes they rent? Ick./

Kiwonk
01-15-2007, 02:15 PM
hey kiwonkers---hasn't school started for the kids yet???This is the week most of them go back to school. DD has to start classes on Thursday, so I'm driving her down tomorrow. We have to stop on the way and take BF out to dinner -- tomorrow is his birthday. Then I'll spend the night in DD's dorm room. I'm not entirely sure that that's a good idea, but I'll be darned if I'm going to turn around and drive back 6+ hours and I don't want to pay for a hotel room either. So DD and her roommate will just have to struggle through the snoring...
We have an ice storm today and DS17 insisted on going out in it. He's home now, but I was worried.That's the worst, isn't it? I find I not only worry about DD driving in the winter, but also about all her friends. Her BF is a good driver, but he drives too fast for my comfort. He insists that when DD is in the car he is "Very careful -- Precious cargo". So then I worry about when she's not in the car :rolleyes: And his twin -- he has twice as far to drive and he's not as confident a driver. And DD's friend M, who has a new (used) car, has been in several accidents. It's exhausting worrying about all these folks.
I need to snuggle up to a cow in a barn.
Ugh. Think of the hooves. I won't let my dog sleep on the bed because I don't want a paw in the face--imagine a hoof!
They let you bowl without shoes? They spray mustard bottles aroma into the shoes they rent? Ick./I think if you bring actual bowling shoes, it's okay. They didn't spray any mustard into our shoes yesterday, I didn't even notice powder, but they seemed clean enough; didn't smell. We had a great time bowling, by the way. It was the candlepin type bowling, so I went ahead and bowled a couple of games. The balls are so small and light, I don't think I did any damage to my elbow. Of course I sucked, but my second game I beat DD, DDbf and bf's younger brother. They were tired, I think; they'd bowled a lot more than I had. BF's father was the big winner; he's really good.

We also had a great time in Portland -- stayed in this nice suite with 2 bdrms and baths, common room with kitchen and living area with a fireplace. It was great--we brought food in and partied there. Our friend's brother and his BF the semi-famous actor (http://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=9590) stopped by on their way to stay with another sister and much hilarity ensued. DH was required wear Mardis Gras beads and blow out 50 candles crammed onto 2 little cheesecakes (we nearly asphyxiated on the smoke), and we had lovely champagne. (Pictures later) Then the next day after breakfast we headed back home, DH thinking he would camp out on the couch and watch football. But nooooooooooooooooooooo -- he had a surprise party to attend first!

He was totally thrown off, had no idea anything was up until we drove down main street and he started seeing his father's car and his sister's. It was definitely a surprise. We had about twenty people I think. Most of them bowled, and we had pizza and cake and noisemakers and made DH wear a silly hat. It was fun and we're all sore today.

It's been snowing steadily for several hours -- I think we are finally going to have normal winter, now that vacation is actually over. Sure would have been nice for the kids to have been able to ski or snowshoe during their vacations. :shrug: Hopefully it will stop before I have to drive to Boston tomorrow.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Wow. A semi-famous actor is better than no actor. And better than a semi-famous teacher whom I once knew. Teachers don't get semi-famous, they get semi-infamous.

I read ice cream storm. It's beautiful here today. I worry all the time and perfer to be kept in the dark. DS told me that while he was away looking for a fencing tournament, some of the dorm kids went sky diving. "Would you do that?" "I might." "Tell me afterwards."

Bagz is not posting because she's sick of my stupidity. I'm reading a book called "One Mind at a Time" wherein we learn that no one's memory is perfect and skills required in school may not be required AT ALL in adulthood. Like paying attention, not being distracted, remembering how to do division AND remember the number you're working with. I find myself in this book and I actually thought Bagz was getting a lizard and the problems with Bagzds completely left my head.

Bagzz
01-15-2007, 03:39 PM
yessssssss,the lizard remark really threw you for a loop!!! -----someone has told me to read "man's search for meaning'----It was the book we had for religion class at catholic school---i may re-read it again--it's by victor frankl {???}----ds had blood tests on friday and is scheduled for a barium swallow xray---i'm sure he' LOVE that----i may have to make dh take him cause i don't do well when these things are happening---the blood tests were bad enough---he is eating a little more but still nothing like he should be. it is storming here too kiwonks----i think i will turn on my christmas lights cause i didn't get a chance to see them with snow this year and they are still up!!!---the bowleramma sounds like it was a great success!!! we only have candlepin bowling here--we used to have the big balls but they fell out of favour!!!

Kiwonk
01-15-2007, 06:14 PM
someone has told me to read "man's search for meaning'----It was the book we had for religion class at catholic school---i may re-read it again--it's by victor frankl I tried to read that several years ago and I got so bored I quit. Which tells you a lot about me, probably.
we used to have the big balls but they fell out of favour!!!Today's entertainment: quotes out of context!

I'm reading a book called "One Mind at a Time" wherein we learn that no one's memory is perfect and skills required in school may not be required AT ALL in adulthood. Like paying attention, not being distracted, remembering how to do division AND remember the number you're working with. Well, I totally disagree -- I really wish I had better concentration skills. I hate how distracted I am all the time. I think adults could use more training on things like that. I'll bet if you practice working with numbers it's good for your brain.

DH is roasting a chicken again. I guess because it's DD's last night at home. I feel entirely guilt-free not helping at all. I made some awesome meals last week. And I will be driving some 14 hours in the next 2 days. Well, actually I think DD will be doing a lot of the driving, unless the road conditions are really bad. Which they are today. One twin has arrived safely at his school, the other is still enroute. I am still worrying.

I complete forgot everything I was going to do today. I was going to make some important insurance-related phone calls and I was going to get all the recycling out of the house. Now it is too late to make business phone calls and it is dark in the garage and I don't want to be out there. The only thing I've done today is play with the dog and fool about on the puter. You see? I really need help concentrating or something.

Kiwi

Bagzz
01-15-2007, 06:41 PM
man those cheesecakes look good!!! makes me want to go and make one---have you seen the chocolate cream cheese that you can buy and make the cakes with---it's philly cheese--------only Chocolate!!!!================now i am worrying about the twin driving as well---report back when he arrives safely!!! now we have to worry about you driving-----the freeways should be okay once you get off the cowpath roads============={love the BALLS quote haaaaaaa]

Kiwonk
01-16-2007, 11:26 AM
The boys are all safely ensconced in school, now it's our turn. Personally I am more wary of the interstate than the back roads because people drive so fast and assume if it's clear that it's not icy. It'll be fine until we get to southern Maine where it's not snow, it might have frozen up there.

Wish us luck. See you in day or so.

Kiwi

Bagzz
01-16-2007, 04:59 PM
HAVE FUN KIWONKERS-----esp sleeping in the dorm!!haha!!

Schatzi
01-16-2007, 08:30 PM
TaTa fer Now our Kiwini!

Sorry Cowsies, I've been quiet.. reading yer posts but havent had time to respond.. much a happenin with land closing, banks, $$, designing a house, acting as our own Builders..school, contract jobs, and 2 custody battles I am a "witness" for..OY.. must get back to cleaning the crack house-- oh how I love the smell of bleach ...Ahh.. kinda like "naipon in the morning" ..but I read, I chuckle, I worry fer your leetle ones going here and there in general and in bad weather, worry fer Wabbo, worry for ice...

ICE?? Crushed Ice... a Margie sounds like what I need!

Bagzz
01-17-2007, 04:55 PM
i am staring a new thread!!!

Kiwonk
01-18-2007, 02:04 PM
I am staring into space