12-27-2006, 03:46 AM
What are peoples?
I wana get to 140lbs or less by half way through next year. Going to do this through a combination of dieting, kick boxing, swimming and cross training.
Bring on 2007 - I was sure enough successful enough at all my resolutions last year!
12-27-2006, 05:12 AM
I always thought I'd like to lose 30lbs. And I still think it would be nice to look down on the scales and see that I've lost that! But I realise that what I want more is to replace lots of fat with some sleek lookin' muscle. Which will hopefully help me achieve my main goal of getting down to a size 8. To do all this, I have a bunch of mini-goals, which are more like healthy habits I am going to implement to replace the terrible way I've been treating my body in the last few years.
- go for a run each day (starting really small with just 5 mins and working it up to add an extra minute or two each week)
- be able to run a nine-minute mile
- get up half an hour earlier each day to go for a walk, do some stretches or light weights
- 3x weight sessions a week
- gym every day - even for just 15 minutes, because it keeps me motivated and gives my evenings a purpose other than binge eating
- replace junk food with tasty healthier alternatives
- learn more about nutrition so I don't use my daily calories on stuff with no nutritional value!
- calorie counting
- train to do the City to Surf run in August (a 14km run)
I know it sounds like a lot to get my head around, but I really think if I go gung-ho for 3 weeks, I'll pick up some better habits and then I can re-assess what's working and where I need to alter things.
.... and the best part is... I've been doing this for 7 days and feel FANTASTIC. And an added benefit is by the time new year's day rolls around, I'll have been at it for 12 days, which will give me the confidence and motivation to keep going!