Carb Counters - Boxing Week Chick Chat Dec 26-31/06

RobinW
12-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Good Morning Chickies!

Lots going on around here....I'll catch you all up later. Im off for my starbucks. :D

SherryA
12-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Morning Robin.

Aud I saw your post on last week's thread. You did better than me yesterday. I did so well until the evening when my daughter made cookies. I wouldn't have had the stupid things in the house, except I bought them for her for a slumber party she went to the night before. She brought some of them back home!

I know fresh baked cookies are a weakness and I wound up eating 3.

So does anyone know that 3 cookies equals 2 pounds? 249 today. After hitting 247 yesterday... Grrr. But I am determined to get back on track today. The cookies are all gone thank goodness!

lady_adnerb
12-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Robin: Enjoy your Starbucks :)

Sherry: :wave: How's it going?

Well, I've been a bad girl. Too much carbs, not enough exercise and now I'm paying for it! I feel like a bloated, gassy blob. My jeans don't fit and I'm feeling like rolling to where I need to go! Back OP that's for sure!!! Back to water as well as I feel like I'm super thirsty.
Hope you all had a great Christmas!!!!

lilybelle
12-26-2006, 11:59 AM
Hi everyone. I ate without guilt yesterday. Well, maybe a little. I 'm not weighing til Friday, so don't want to know the damage. I was down a lb. yesterday morning, so hopefully I'm OK. Christmas was a lovely time with my family and DH's family. My house is now a total wreck and I'm working on delegating chores to restore this place to clean. I got the elliptical that I wanted, and man it's hard. I'll have to work at getting good on this thing. I'm off to do chores. I'm officially back on program today.

RobinW
12-26-2006, 12:56 PM
So what did everyone get from santa??

We got a temporary present from my stepson. Her picture is attached below. She's absolutely beautiful, well behaved for a 7month old pup, and she's the whitest golden retriever Ive ever seen. Aparantly they breed them for this colour in sweden. That is where she is from. We will have Greta until the 28th...then she has to go back home. :( The plus side, we'll get to visit on holidays :lol:

Christmas was very nice. I didnt have to do any cooking :carrot: My dil offered to cook breakfast and dinner for a tray of butter tart squares. Works for me :lol:

Today we are pretty much back to normal, except for the (big) puppy.
Eating wasnt good, but thats ok....back to it today.

Have a great day ladies.

lilybelle
12-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Greta is beautiful. Thanks for sharing the pic's.

Our puppies are doing great. Getting bigger everyday. They don't have their eyes open yet. Molly is doing wonderful with them.

I have now taken the Christmas tree down. Cleaned living room and kitchen and had DH mop the kitchen. House is starting to look back to normal. Both my kids cleaned their rooms and now I have a ton of laundry that I have started on. Does this ever happen to anyone else? I can't find a clean towel and then kids clean their rooms and bring 40 towels to laundry room.

Justwill
12-26-2006, 05:26 PM
lilybelle-Of course, don't you know that is where the towels are supposed to be kept? In the kids room under a pile of something! Apparently, thats where I keep all of mine. I didnt get an elliptical for Christmas but I did buy myself one today. Low end from Sears. Waiting for "someone" to put it together.

aud
12-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Cookies found me too Sherry . . . and what's bad about them was that they were - well - they were BAD.:( Didn't even WANT them and ate away - I think to knock myself out or something?:?: :mad: Ever notice how sugar is almost like a DRUG when you haven't had any in a while? These knocked me out for about a 2 and a 1/2 hour nap!:dizzy: Slept the sleep of angels - or at least of the deranged . . . (slightly burnt morsels with glaze AND m&m's DD's made--gosh I feel sick) - triggered by losing the $50 gift cards my Big Sis bought me for my BDay when she was here---EGADS I'm SO SICK of losing stuff!:mad: Not sure how I thought bingeing on yucky cookies was gonna help but sure feel sick (and thirsty too brendanerb) now.:( Sipping on coffee and ice water now and the search will continue since tonight is trash night . . . wish me luck?

We have a bright spot too robin & lil - new pup is "Ginger" and just an adorable, feisty little doll. She's a nine week old West Highland Terrier and was an instant member of the Family. Our 9 yr old Tess unwrapped one present after another addressed to "Tess" - but it would be something like a lil dog collar/leash/puppy bed . . . we took her out the back door to see if "Santa had left a "wrong bag of stuff" . . . Big Girl Molly put Pup at the front door and rang the bell & took off around the other side . . . Tess was speechless (VERY unusual!! LOL!) when she opened the front door and lil ole pup was standing there!!! We thought this may be the year Tess didn't believe in Santa any longer - but she's a firm believer again for now! When she could speak again - she said instantly "Cmon Ginger, let's go look at the gifts under the tree - they must be for you!!!" Named her INSTANTLY-which was weird but cute.:D I'll Post some pics if I ever learn how.

DID take a super long walk today - no Pilates - feel like life is on hold until I remember WTH I did with those gift cards!:mad:

RobinW
12-26-2006, 11:21 PM
awww thats just too cute aud!! What a nice surprise!

lilybelle
12-27-2006, 09:59 AM
Justwill, congrat's on getting you an elliptical too. I walked 5 min's on mine last night and it was hard. My legs felt like they were already starting to hurt and I just couldn't go anymore.
aud, Congrat's on the new pup. I bet your daughter was so thrilled. I have already picked out which of Molly's pups I plan to keep. She's a big, fat female pup that loves to be held and cuddled. Very dark chocolate like Molly. DH laughs that I hold the pups and play with them so much. Can't help it, I love puppies. I'm trying to think of a name for her. I hope you find your gift card. I'm bad about losing stuff too.
My step-daughters knowing that I don't eat hardly any carbs, sent a gift to me and my DH of 7 boxes of cookies, candy and assorted crackers. So, I didn't open any of it. Told DH to take it to work with him. My son won't eat that junk and my DD doesn't want it as she tries to watch her weight also.

My MIL had some beautiful family pic's made from all of us at step-daughters wedding and gave me a full album of 5'7's plus 4 8x10's to hang on the wall. I loved getting these pic's as we had very few pic's of DH's kids.
I had asked for pajamas for Christmas because I'm always cold now, I got 3 new sets that I'll put to good use.

I got my house all clean again and all that ton of laundry done. Yippee.

aud
12-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi All!:)

No gift cards.:(

Sifted -literally sifted - thru 3 giganto bags of Christmas Gift-Turkey Drippings trash - just CANNOT imagine WTH they are.

MUST move on - spilled milk and all that.:(

Hope your tooth is better needstolose - truly miserable, I know!

Towels I got - SOCKS are the things that hide in this chaotic household. (ONE SOCK of each pair, that is!;) :mad: )

Off to run MORE errands and continue putting this house back together - upping my waterwaterwater to flush out yesterdays poisons - ttyal!

lilybelle
12-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Hi everyone. I am sick. Coughing and congestion, fever. I feel terrible. I have a Dr. appt. tomorrow morning. I sure dread the 8 hr. round trip to see my specilist. I'll have him give me some antibiotics.

I still haven't weighed since Christmas. I'll be weighed at Dr. tomorrow. I sure feel thinner and haven't felt like eating much for a few days now. I haven't been cooking. Everyone has just been having the leftovers. I have resisted any sweets and had DH take them to his work. My MIL made a butternut squash casserole using brown sugar splenda and it was great. First time I've had it and it was better than sweet potatoes. She also made her pumpkin pies with the brown sugar splenda and no one could tell the difference.

aud, I have a big basket that I put all the socks in. The other night I sorted through it and paired them all up. Came up with over 80 prs. of socks. I do this every so often and divide them up for everyone. My step-daughter said she couldn't find any socks for her babies, they had at least 10 pr. each here. My DD uses 3 towels each time she showers. I should make her do the laundry sometime and break her of this.

Molly has been waking me up almost every hr. at night needing to go outside. She is eating 3 huge bowls of dog food a day and drinking at least 6 gallons of water a day. I guess she needs that much to feed 12 pups. She looks awesome for just having had the pups. Not skinny at all. As the pups started growing , I am now able to tell which one is the runt. I put him on her separately to feed each time, so he gets plenty. The others are so big and strong that they push him out of the way. I feel sorry for the little guy.

My DH bought me 2 prs. of jogging pants. He certainly doesn't know sizes. He got them a size 8 and they are very baggy. He said he held them up and they looked so small. At least they have a drawstring and I can cinch them up and use them for exercising anyway. It felt awesome this yr. to tell my family to get me a medium in pajamas and they not only fit but were very loose. That is so much better than the 2X that I used to wear.

beach bum
12-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Hi Ladies:)

I'm BACK!!!How everyone!! I hope you all had a great Christmas. Had a wonderful time with my grandchildren and the family this Christmas week.We got back yesterday.Leo & I both have bad colds,nothing new when we visit with them.I got the new RR cookbook from my DD.Going to cook something out of it for tonights dinner.

I managed to GAIN 5 lbs when I was away.Yikes!! Now I will have to start anew. I guess,I won't reach my goal this year like I planned.Hopefully It will be by my birthday in June.

Have to go back and read your posts later.Have some unpacking & washing dirty laundry facing me right now.

Glad to be back,I'm missed you guys

Hugs:) BB

carolr3639
12-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Lily, You should try Zicam nasal gel for your cold. It is the only thing that has worked for me. I have a sock box, too. ha!

lilybelle
12-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Hi Carol and BB, glad to see you gals back. I'll try that Zicam. I usually get put on a Z-pack. Only thing that works for me. I am very prone to pneumonia.

BB, glad you had a great visit with family. I did too. Sorry about the gain, I'll find out my damage tomorrow.Drink a lot of water. It does tend to come right off when it hasn't been on but a few days. I should know, I have to do this often. LOL, I'm really good at staying on program when there isn't any unallowed foods in the house.

needtolose4me2
12-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Hi All
Lillybelle - how does an elliptical compare to the treadmill. It sounds like it is harder for you! Do you use muscles that you haven't been using? I know what you mean about feeling good asking for smaller sizes. I can actually join in conversations at work when they are talking about such things instead of quietly slipping away. I also was in Victoria's Secret the other day and wasn't embarrassed! I always used to think people would bel ooking at me asking themselves what that fatty is doing in here? And I would be digging in the piles of underwear to find the only 2 extra larges thatthe store carries! Now I was looking for mediums and even bra shopping!! (My 10 year old was so embarrased!) Hope you feel better soon.

Beach bum - welcome back!! Too bad about the 5 lbs. but hey, it's the holidays. just have to get back on track! I'm working real hard at trying to get to my new years goal yet this week!

AUD - thanks, would you believe that I went to the dentist today - he started drilling and THENfound out that i needed a root canal!! aHHH! of course he said he didn't have the time to doit so just packed it with some kind of medicine and I have to go back in 2 weeks to have it done. Well at least I'm not in pain anymore I just wanted it to be over with. I mentioned to him when I got there how I think I would rather have a baby than have my tooth worked on and he said" well,let me know what you decide so Iknow what end to work on!!" OMG it was so funny! defintely lightened the mood!

Sherry - 3 cookies = 3 lbs .... well, that answers a lot for me!!
hang in there!

Robin W and Brenda - HI!! hope you guys are hanging in there. This is a tough week for everyone. I'll be glad when it's January 1 and there willbe no more excuses again!!
talk to you all soon
Maggie

lilybelle
12-28-2006, 10:23 PM
NTL, the elliptical is so hard. It does cause you to use the arm and shoulder muscles a lot more. I feel like my thighs are getting a great workout too. Too bad I'm sick and can't use it for a few days. I have to get up at 5AM to leave for my Dr. appt. I am not a morning person. DH's driving scares the fire out of me, so won't be able to sleep on the way. LOL.

I got my DD a digital camera for Christmas so will post new puppy pics' when they get their eyes open. They are simply adorable.

NTL, I went to Victoria's Secret too. I haven't bought stuff there yet but I plan to. I love silky undies and stuff now, instead of my big , white granny panties. LOL

RobinW
12-29-2006, 09:11 AM
Good Morning

Its been a terrible few days food wise. Its been busy with family, food, visiting, and whatnot. But today Im starting over (again) No excuses anymore!!

Lily I hope you feel better soon!

Candy In Alabama
12-29-2006, 10:13 AM
Hello everyone

Its been a while since i've been on, hope everyone is doing well and had a wonderful christmas...
I've been really busy lately between working again and the household chores theres not much time left for anything else...I said i wouldn't go into management again, but the store needed a temporary Ast. manager....So i let them talk me into it...I mainly done it for the pay raise..
Maybe since the christmas rush is over, things will slow down a bit...:dizzy:

Just wanted to tell everyone HI...:wave:
My eating hasn't been to bad...I haven't got much time for that either...
Yesterday i weighed 150 not to bad i guess...

I hope everyone has a blessed New Year....:hug:

Candy...

carolr3639
12-29-2006, 11:29 AM
Lily, Praying for you today.

Justwill
12-29-2006, 11:32 AM
I can only compare the elliptical to walking(20min\mile) as I don't have a treadmill, but I can tell you that it only takes about 5 minutes for me until my legs feel like noodles. (level one). I made a stupid mistake though. I was so exicted abut this new machine, but I have been sick (bad chest cold) and thought I could handle just a minute or two. DUMB!! I ended up in a coughing fit to the point I was going to throw up.
Speaking of Victorias secret, I really bugs me when little people say to me: "Oh yeah, I got it a Victoria's secret. There having a sale, you should go by there."

What? Do you really think they will have that in my size!? Maybe some people don't realize the sizes actually stop at a certain point in clothing stores. I think I will start recommending Lane Byrant to some of these little ones. But that wouldnt be nice....

beach bum
12-29-2006, 01:06 PM

I'm back ON PROGRAM again. Going to lower my carbs to 20 gram for a few days and than go back to the OWL of 25-30 grams. until I lose the weight again.

I went balistic :crazy:when the food was passed around. I took a sample of everything.DD is a great cook and she had Moroccan & Syrian foods[for in laws] along with our etnic foods. I was like a bull :moo:in a china shop. I'm not a sweet dessert person,I crave salt,and I have a problem with sodium.I love food from all over the world,and I had two helping of each.

LILY-Thanks for the welcome back,happy you had a great time also.Sorry:sorry: your not feeling well,get :get well:soon.I've already upped my water intake,and lost 1 lbs this morn. So I getting there.I tend to be more careful about my food intake when I in a controlled environment like HOME also.. I like the Vicks products for my colds. They seem to loosen the cold and I can get rid of it faster.

NEEDTO-Thanks:thanks: for the confidence in me. I was hoping that this was the year that I hit my weight goal,but it didn't:no: happen,so I'm now planning to be there by my birthday in June.

ROBIN-We're all in the same boat, I new going into the holidays I was going to be in trouble with foods not in my controlled area of home.Heres:cheers: to the year 2007 will be our year to lose the unwanted pounds.

CANDY-Hi :wave:You did a great job maintaining over the Christmas Holiday.

JUST-Never was on an elliptical machine. I saw the Blow Flex on T.V. It looks easy enough to use.,but I don't have any room to buy one. My manual treadmill:tread: is in the basement at this time,while my bike is in it place up stairs. My idea next year is to go downstairs get the dust bunnies off and start working on the treadmill :tread: again.

Have a great one

Hugs :) BB

Hollyxmas
12-29-2006, 02:24 PM
I’m back from Aruba. In fact I have been back since the 20th. I tried to stay low carb but I had no will power. I’m going to get back on track on Monday. I have had a lot of compliments and people at work asking me if I have been loosing weight. That truly motivates me!.. I’m ready to get back to what I was eating before. I do find myself feeling very sluggish at times.

Lilly, what kind of puppies do you have? My little cousin raises cocker spaniels, and my aunt raises English setters and English pointers. I love puppies.

I wish I was home for the holidays but I made the best of it. I have no plans for the New Years and really I’m not big on New Year Parties. Well I’m glad to everyone is well
I see some new folks, Hello to everyone!.

needtolose4me2
12-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Welcome back Candy! 150 isn't too bad! At least you are aware of it and have been nmonitoring it. Now maybe you can get back in control with the holidays almost over!

LILLYBELLE and JUSTWILL - Maybe I'll check into the elliptical. that's what bugs me about the treadmill, (the upper body workout) or lack of I should say. Iusually put on 3 lb wrist weights and try some jumping jack moves or boxing while I'm running. ( yes, I almost killed myself a few times!!)
I'm up to a 15 minute mile usually now, sometimes a little better than that. but like I said, I could really use the upperbody work out.

RobinW - Ok, I'll be keeping an eye on you! Starting over is always so hard for me. I thin kof that when I want to cheat. It's just not worth all the energy it takes me to get back on the ball! Good luck!

Beachbum - I know what you mean. I love all ethnic foods too! In fact my husband is from Morocco and was a chef, so I blame him for me hitting almost 200lbs!!

Hollyxmas - welcome back. I 've heard aruba is beautiful! hope you had a great time. I know I can feel if I go up even a few pounds I feel different. it's weird!

Have a great and low carb new years everyone!
maggie

RobinW
12-29-2006, 05:52 PM
maggie....you are welcome to slap cookies, chocolate and anything you deem inappropriate right out of my hand. ......and if they make it to my mouth, smack them out of there too :lol:

lilybelle
12-29-2006, 06:36 PM
Candy, welcome back , good to see you again.

Thanks for a all the well wishes. I just came from my Dr. appt. and he put me on Zithromax (antibiotics), I still have a fever and congestion but am feeling a little better today.

Holly, we have 12 Chocolate Labrador puppies that are 11 days old now. They are cute.

I was weighed at the Dr. and have maintained my weight. Was happy for this, no holiday gain. Yippee. He also decreased my prednisone today which should help me keep the weight off easier. My liver enzymes were all improved again. Yippee. I have another Ultrasound of liver in April.

NTL, if I tried jumping jacks or boxing while on the treadmill I'd land squarely on my booty, I'm just not that graceful. LOL.

I am now back on program and all the holiday goodies are gone. As soon as I'm well, I'll hit the elliptical and treadmill again.

carolr3639
12-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Oh, Lily, so glad everything went well.

aud
12-30-2006, 12:28 AM
WOW! Lot's of chatting!:carrot: Hi Everyone!:)

Lifelong phobia/dread of dentist - one thing that has never bothered me? ROOT CANALS. Go figure needstl!:dizzy: Have had 4-5 - including the packing/delay you're experiencing. No problemo. It's exhausting to be so mental, you know? LOL!:D

Glad you got the Zithro lilyb - wassup with your liver? Feel free to tell me MYOB Aud!:mad: My DD had to take two different rounds to get rid of recent sinus infection that went into bronchitis - she's prone to pneumonia herself--so better safe & glad you got right in even tho' it sounded like quite a drive.

W/I for the challenge tomorrow since I don't return to work til Tuesday - going up to the Dr. Building to use their scale - fingers crossed icon.

Our new lil Ginger-Pup has sure made herself @ Home/Part of the Family! Just a joy and has really livened up our ancient, mini-schnauz Gretel. Santa done good!

Week off has flown by . . . dreading going in the next two weeks on day shift - it's been YEARS since I had to switch my body clock around for work and not leisure.

Justwill
12-30-2006, 05:27 AM
Aud, this was my week off as well. Really don't want to go back to work. My husband has worked midnight shift for 10 yrs now. (big rig mechanic) There has been a couple times when he needed to work day shift for a couple of days and it was really hard. I worry about him alot because he has gotten used to getting by on 4-6 hrs of sleep. He says he OK with that. Hats off to all of those who dont work the mainstream shift!

lilybelle
12-30-2006, 07:50 AM
aud, my Dr. gave a refill on the Zithromax for in case this doesn't clear up.It has definitely gone into bronchitis. As for my liver, I have Primary Biliary Cirrhosis and Auto-Immune Hepatitis. Got sick about 4 yrs. ago and when they did a liver biopsy, they finally found what was wrong with me. I'm still on many med's and will eventually have a liver transplant. I don't drink any alcohol and rarely ever did. My mom had liver disease and the Dr.'s think my conditions are genetic. Losing the weight has been a lifesaver for me and my liver enzymes are far better than they were. (also had fatty liver disease). I actually forget sometimes that my health isn't what it should be, until the pain starts up again and reminds.

I spoke to my Hepatologist yesterday about my Low Carb lifestyle. He explained that my liver can't process the carbs like a healthy liver can. That this is why he wanted me on a low carb "diet". He's a genius. No other doctor ever did anything but tell me to stick to a 1400 calorie diet and the weight would not come off that way for me.

I worked the last 10 yrs. or so on night shift. I was tired all the time. I'm glad that I stay at home now. My DH lives only on 4-5 hrs. sleep a night. I sleep way more than that.

Oh, three of the puppies now have their little eyes open.

Hollyxmas
12-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Good morning everyone. I have mad up my mind to go grocery shopping tomorrow and buy nothing but ZERO carb stuff. I need to get right back to >20 a day.

I work a 10 hr shift from 1230-1130. I have an hour drive home, then have to be up for 6am to drive another hr to my part time job at Pier 1. I live on little sleep but it down not seem to bother me when I’m not eating carb, I make sure I take a lot of vitamins.

Lily, they will be running around, getting into everything before you know it. We had 12 English setters born on the 26th.

Needto, Aruba is so beautiful, I have been twice and I would recommend everyone to go at least once in their lifetime. You have to fly there, when you are on a cruise and you stop at the island you just don’t have enough time to see how truly beautiful the island is.

I’ve got to get back to work, I wish everyone a great successful day!

mary2006
12-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Good Afternoon everyone! I'm new but I would like to get to know you guys better. Has anyone heard of a 3-day diet that is a chemical breakdown & you are suppose to loose 10 lbs in those 3-days? I have a copy my friend gave me a while back, but havent used it. She lost 17 lbs in two weeks!

aud
12-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Yeppers - shift workers AND their supportive families are sure different breeds of cats!:) Couldn't do it w/o my Family so know you are important to DH justwill! Your schedule sounds BRUTAL holly, but just gotta tell ya how I LOVE Pier 1!!! I think sleep deprivation is common on ANY shift - but yeah, night shift gets the least sleep I'd say~~after working both. I DO feel SO MUCH better on lc/high fat - just waaaay more energy. Less hungry. Less cravings. I need to remember those lil facts more often in 2007 whenever tempted by the Carbie Things we are surrounded by in this world!

Sugary things make me groggy - bloated - sleepy - grumpy and all the rest of the Freakin' Elves!!!!!:dizzy:

Congrats on maintaining your weight thru the Holidays lilyb!:carrot: I'm psyched that your specialist reaffirmed how healthy this lifestyle is for our organs!!!:) I was thinking of Hepatitis about your liver--like something from being a Nurse and Needles--not much we can do with our genetics at this point. So glad you're on top of your condition!!:)

I'm celebrating making my 20lb weight loss New Year goal . . . w00t!:carrot: Gonna enjoy some Frosty Bud Lights tonight at my Big Bro's Bar in the Country - while we watch Football (DIE Giants DIE!!!!:dizzy: -- This game is Step 1 in the highly improbable mathematical equation needed for Our Rams to advance--:^: ) . . . just can't drink as many Mich Ultra's. May stay over for New Years Eve too . . .

WILL be back OP New Years Day for sure - and ready to hit it and hit it HARD with you all for 2007!!!:carrot:

Tx for being here!:hug:

Editing to say HI and Welcome Mary! Must have Posted at the same time . . . the only chemical breakdown I can think of is "ketosis." Before menopause, I used to lose a lot of weight fast by being in this chemical state. I'm losing now too - just slower.

lc redux: You really need to read New Diet Revolution/Atkins to get the full grip on the low carb life (I plan on re-reading for the New Year) - but to start out - just eat less than 20 grams of carbs per day. That's it. Count carbs and nothing else - drink lots and lots of water. Ketosis will find you GF! LOL! Stop by and chat often--we'd love to know how you're doing!

beach bum
12-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies:)

Going to be a lazy day for us. We 're still not feeling well and will spend a very quite New Year weekend.Football will be the highlight of the day.

Its getting cold around this part of the woods,they're saying we're going to have rain & snow showers this afternoon & tonight. Tomorrow is going back into the 40's.Still haven't pulled my winter clothes out yet. Don't know what I'm waiting for to get me motivated.

NEEDTO-Thanks,wow your DH is a chef. My DH likes to cook but I'm more of a gourmet that he is.He doesn't like Low Carbing as hes a meat & potato guy.

LILLY-Thats fantastic that you maintained over the Christmas Holiday. :cheer: #3 Cheers :cheer:for you. Wish that we me.

MARY-I wouldn't try the 3 day diet. The weight that you lose will lonely be temperary,and I don't thing its wise or healthy playing around with your chemistry. Try the Atkins it works,especially if your carb senitive .

Have a wonderful New Years Weekend

lilybelle
12-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Holly, you are right about the puppies getting everywhere now. I am keeping them all in a big baby pool with blankets in a spare room. Just now found 3 of them under the bed. LOL.They crawl on top of each other and get out. It's too cold to put them outside. Guess I'll have to cover that floor with old blankets and put up my baby gate. LOL.

Welcome Mary, hope you post a lot and we all can get to know you.

aud, big congrat's on making your 20 lb. goal, that is great. Have a bud light for me too, since I can't drink. lol

aud, when I first got sick I was very afraid it was Hep C from delivering a baby on a Hep C mom, emergency style. (meaning she showed up with 6th pregnancy, baby crowning, no pre-natal care, no labs). Gotta love it when that happens. Overall, though my condition is being managed well by my hepatologist and I think it will be quite a while before I need the transplant. Only bad news I have had lately is that my eyes are a little jaundiced. He is watching my bilirubin closely and it's up a little.

beach bum
12-31-2006, 09:08 AM
QUESTION????????????????

How do you get your photos the correct size when using them for the avatar???

My photo failed to upload.

TIA Hugs :) BB

lilybelle
12-31-2006, 09:17 AM
BB, I don't know how to do much on this computer. My DD does all pic's and such for me. She's 14 and is way more knowledgeable about computers than me.

Hope everyone has a great and safe New Yrs. Eve. We will probably stay home. DH now is sick too.

RobinW
12-31-2006, 10:29 AM
Im not sure either BB :dunno:

We are staying home too Lily....I havent celebrated new years since 2000 :lol:

We had a big family dinner yesterday. Dh smoked up a mess of ribs (I love that he cooks 1/2 the meals) :lol: I made roasted potatoes, broccoslaw, and dessert. A total of 10 sitting around our table last night, all family. It was really nice.

Im taking today to kind of recover. Dd and I are going to have a mother daughter day. So that means a lunch in there somewhere, and a movie. I will hold of on induction until tomorrow morning.

Anyone looking for a new challenge? Maybe a 31 day challenge? For the month of January?

Alright, Im off to get ready....have a great day ladies, and a wonderful new years eve :)

Leenie
12-31-2006, 01:18 PM
:hat: :newyear: Happy New Year :newyear: :hat:

Ms Spotdog
12-31-2006, 02:21 PM
Happy, happy New Years everyone!

Wishing you all a healthy, happy, dreams-CAN-come-true 2007!

Kel

carolr3639
12-31-2006, 04:19 PM
Notice you drink a lot of coffee, Lily. The Atkins book says not to drink things with caffeine. Why does he say that?

lilybelle
12-31-2006, 04:22 PM
Carol, I do drink a lot of coffee. I also drink water and crystal light. Rarely ever a diet soda. Can't remember for sure why I shouldn't have the coffee, but have drank it all along and am not giving it up.

Leenie
12-31-2006, 04:37 PM
Kel, love your avitar, you look so pretty :)

beach bum
12-31-2006, 04:54 PM

Sorry I have been off the board all day,but I've been in bed for most of the day. My bad head cold turned into laryngitis. My throat is so sore I won't be ringing the New Year tonight.

Going to bed right after I have my supper.Luckily Leo's cold is breaking up,and he feeling 100% better. I really was worried about him,as the doc told him hes working on one lung.

Going to have my early supper than off to bed for the evening.

WANT TO WISH A HAPPY & HEALTHY 2007 YEAR

lilybelle
12-31-2006, 05:00 PM
BB, sorry to hear you are feeling bad. Hope you can get some rest and get well soon.

aud
01-01-2007, 06:24 AM
:hat: :newyear: ALL!

*crawls back under covers with ice pack on head*

Justwill
01-01-2007, 07:02 AM
Finally, as of today, I have lost my first 20lbs! It has taken me longer than most but thats OK. Thanks to all who helped me fine tune my menus and thanks for just being on this board! It is also my last day of vacation and I am honestly a little scared because I have spend my vacation reading posts on this board. I feel that has really helped me get through. I won't be able to do that at work. Now I will only have a few minutes each day. I guess I will have to speed read.