Simply Filling/Core - Shrimp

View Full Version : Shrimp

Tammy
12-24-2006, 04:50 PM
Right now I am doing Flex, but I'm looking over the Core information for after the first of the year.

Shrimp is a Core food. In the Dining Out Companion for Red Lobster, a shrimp cocktail is not Core. What am I missing? I can ask at my meeting on Thursday, but I thought I'd take a chance on here.

ontarget
12-24-2006, 05:09 PM
tammy, i don't know but maybe someone else here does.

Vickie
12-24-2006, 05:58 PM
As far as I'm concerned shrimp cocktail is Core. It must be sugar in their cocktail sauce. I'd eat it if I were you and maybe count a point for the cocktail sauce. I haven't been counting those kinds of points lately which is one of the big reasons I'm not losing like I was.

I'd check my books for you but everything is put away for Christmas.

Tammy
12-26-2006, 09:25 AM
We are planning to have shrimp on NYEve, and I plan to eat some and have cocktail sauce with it. It still doesn't make sense to me that it isn't considered Core at Red Lobster.

Vickie
12-26-2006, 09:33 AM
Well, you know, WW isn't perfect with their written materials. Maybe it's just a mistake. I threw away my Dining Out Guide becasue it's old and it didn't have much Core stuff listed in it anyway.

QuilterInVA
12-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Plain boiled shrimp at Red Lobster would be Core unless they marinate it in something. The cocktail sauce is not.

Tammy
12-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Vickie, you are probably right about all of the info not being correct in the books.

Susan, the shrimp isn't marinated so it would be a core food.