Old 12-24-2006, 12:14 AM   #1  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

Default Are there any other WW maintenance taking a break during the holidays?

I'm at maintenance right now, but keeping track of points during the next two weeks is nasty because of all the holiday parties and such. I'm not going out of my way to eat gobs of junk food; I try to eat a healthy breakfast, but friends are visiting from out of town, there's parties everywhere, etc. I'm at 170 now, but my top weight before I have to pay at a meeting is 177. So, is anyone else taking a break from WW for the holidays? I guess I just feel guilty, and I want to know if I'm alone in thinking this. I figure if I lost 35 pounds in 4 months, it shouldn't be too bad to drop the 5 pounds I'll gain this month, lol!
hoodj0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:52 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I don't "take a break" from WW but rather have things/food I enjoy in smaller quantities so that I don't feel deprived. I still watch what I eat because it doesn't always drop off as quickly as it goes on for me. Even bumping up the exercise doesn't do the trick as quick as before so I really try to watch.

I try not to go to holiday parties hungry and I usually eat the things that I know I won't have any other time (chips/dip are something I can have any time but maybe an artichoke dip is something that I enjoy but don't have on a regular basis). I usually look over what is out and then make my choices on what I really want.

Congratulations on your success!!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:05 AM   #3  

I don't take a break - it can start a slippery slope that is hard to recover from. Melissa has good advice. I also use the 3 bite rule if I want a dessert or something special - 3 bites is all I eat of it. I don't feel the need to sample everything that is offered so try to pick and chose wisely. I don't deprive myself because I don't think of it as deprivation, I think it is chosing to eat healthy.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote