Weight Loss Support - Somethings wrong

View Full Version : Somethings wrong

nice rack19
12-20-2006, 04:01 PM
I lost 15lbs and everyone can see that I'm smaller, but why do I still look big to myself? And my big jeans still fit and my smaller jeans still don't!? What am I doing wrong?

Arkansas Kel
12-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Things work differently for different folks. Are you doing any toning exercises? Maybe that would help to reshape. You may have untoned zones that even though there is less wt, they are sagging around with you.

Also, for me usually 12-15 lbs is a size down. Not so for everybody I know. Hold on, give it a few more pounds and start some toning. You've had some success, other people can tell. We're often our own worst critics. Just look what you have achieved! 15 lbs! Lots of folks quit their diet on day 1 or 2 - you've done better than that already. You're ahead of the game. Don't give up. Listen to the compliments! If people can tell, something is changing.

denice81
12-20-2006, 07:41 PM
sometimes I have that "i still look just as fat" syndrome, then I drag out the before pictures, that usually snaps me back into reality :) and just because it isn't a whole pants size, doesn't mean its not noticable!

nomorefatpants
12-20-2006, 07:46 PM
I think looking at old pictures really helps. I just saw one of my best friends that I haven't seen in months. She's been training for a marathon and looks great but feels crappy b/c she says she hasn't lost a pound. The fact of the matter is it's totally obvious to me that she's lost fat even if she hasn't lost weight, I can see it in her face, legs, everywhere. My point...i'm sure it's just in your head and looking at pictures from fifteen pounds ago will likely help. Also, maybe you lost more in your face...i think doing resistance training will really help re-shape your body. I've been consistent for almost a month now and I'm now starting to see some toning. Don't give up 15 pounds is a great accomplishment...strength training will help you tone and help keep those 15 pounds off.

ennay
12-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Hon - I am just like you. How quickly pants size change is dependent on where you lose and where you carry. I am down 13 lbs (?) and still in the same pants. I lose from my face, arms, lower legs first ..basically from the outside in. Eventually the rest will budge too.

Plus if you are curvy when thin, sizes dont change as fast.