Support Groups - Weight Loss and ChitChat #225!!

View Full Version : Weight Loss and ChitChat #225!!

Marti
12-20-2006, 01:18 AM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support:grouphug: and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting.:gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

PinkyPie
12-20-2006, 01:45 AM
I'm definitely jaded. So, I'm in!

Sassy_Chick
12-20-2006, 02:51 AM
Good Very Early Morning,

Well I managed to get my cleaning and reorganizing done! I have all my laundry done, has to be put away, but its done. :carrot:

Have a Great Day!

Idahosenior
12-20-2006, 04:14 AM
Laundry 'done' is the ultimate oxymoron. That is unless you are standing in front of the washer in your clean nightie! When we moved to Idaho, we traded a large house for a very small house. I don't have porches and so everything is tracked in. Also, picking up and putting away is a constant. Otherwise I feel like I am walking around in a giant box of clutter! I don't have an inside tree because I would weep over a Charlie Brown tree. So instead, I put lights on a 20 foot Spruce outside the livingroom window. I sit on the couch and look at it in the dark.
The older one gets the more Christmas is a time of remembering. We are having a solstice bonfire Thursday and inviting new friends. I plan on making lentil soup, fresh veggies and dip, mulled wine, crackers and cheese and rhubarb pie. Then Christmas Eve we are cooking for all the other souls we know who don't have family here. My 'spousal equivalent' of 15 years has no family that he claims. The children I raised are scattered to the wind, except my one natural child and he lives in Mexico. My sister lives in Florida and my three best friends in Baltimore, Nashville and New Mexico.
Housework does not burn many calories however, so I have joined a gym for the next three months. I also need to start a food diary again and find someone to read it.
I have a new younger friend (50ish) who is tall and slim. She started going to the gym with me and HA! I am much stronger. That made me feel good. If I cannot lose the lbs. I need to, atleast I will be strong.
I never was overweight until my husband (now deceased) was paralyzed in an accident when I was 42. I gained 100 lbs. in one year. I guess I did not even look in the mirror the whole time. I focused on him, survival, the kids, etc.
Never have lost it. I did lose 30 lbs. last year.
I cook and eat healthy and exercise and that is all I can do right now.

jules1216
12-20-2006, 04:30 AM
Just wanted to put in and say hi to everyone!! Sorry I can't stay longer!!

Tiffie
12-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Hi all,

Well, I did my workout last night, all except the abs portion, because I got super-nauseous and couldn't finish. I think I'm sick in some way... It's my TOM, and has been for 11 days now (that's 3 more than ever before). I've been feeling drained. Plus, I'm constipated as can be, and I woke up every 2 hours last night thinking I was going to vomit. Yuk!

Well, I'll be off to the doctor's in a few hours, and he can tell me if something is the matter. At least I got through my workout last night. And my eating was comparatively good.

bluejay
12-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Good morning, everyone! I'm new and I'm jaded, LOL. I think I'll fit in -- do you have room for one more?

I'm 43 (will be 44 on Christmas Eve). I'm married .... and I have a just-married son (20), and two young dd's, ages 7 and 5. I also have a dog (german shepherd/long-haired collie mix) and 3 cats. I guess you could say I have a large family. ;)

Tiffie
12-20-2006, 03:17 PM
Well, I lost FOUR POUNDS this week! Excited about that. And my fiance says my waist looks a little smaller. I've been dieting and exercising every day. So, wooooo!

Anyhow, this doctor I went to wants to ultrasound my gall bladder. I think he's kind of an idiot. And he wants me to stop exercising for a week. It's probably just the flu or something. He also suggested miscarriage... Why is it that having a fiance means I must have gotten myself pregnant?! Arg. So, I'm thinking of just blowing him and his ideas off.

Eating is going much better. I feel so good now that I'm not eating greasy junk again. :) Thanks for all the support, you guys!

Sassy_Chick
12-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Hey all,

Just jumping in to say a quick hello. :wave:

:welcome3: to all the newbies! Well off to go shopping, wish me luck! lol.

:hug:

Jane
12-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Hi ladies,

Welcome to Velveteen (Renee) Bluejay, and all the new Jaded Ladies! :wave:

Bluejay - how do you like having your birthday on Christmas Eve? And yes, we always have room for one more. I look forward to knowing you better. :)

IdahoSenior - the idea of a Christmas tree right outside your window is awesome! You no doubt have real birds nesting there. Like you, I gained a lot of weight during an especially stressful time of my life, and although I lost a good portion of it a couple of years ago, most of that amount found me again. Maybe we can be accountable to the other Jaded Ladies and get the job done once and for all in '07. It sounds like you'e already on the right track. A big welcome to you!

Sassy - thank you for the card and notepaper! How sweet you are. I hope you've survived the shopping trip with no major mishaps. Are things picked over yet?

Miss Marti - thanks to you, too, for the beautiful card and what you wrote inside. :hug:

Jules - I'm sorry you can't stay longer, too. But we surely understand how it is this time of year.

Tiffie - hmmm.... I'm curious why your doctor would want to ultrasound your gall bladder if he thinks you've had a miscarriage. Sounds wacky to me. Four pounds! Wow, that's amazing!

Hello to Cristina, Mary Kate, Sue Michelle, and anyone else reading this.

I got some baking done today. And the dough is chilling for the sugar cookies that I'll bake tomorrow. The DGDs will decorate them, with the help of Neal and Katie. I have another lunch out tomorrow. This time with my niece Carol.

Except for the fresh foods, (I think) I've got everything bought that I'll need for our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners. Usually I forget something and Neal has to make a mad dash to town, lol. Wonder what it will be this year. :D

Hope all is going well for all of you in your neck of the woods. :hug:

Marti
12-21-2006, 02:15 AM
Good Evening Ladies!!

I got my walk in tonight already and I thought I would take some time to do individuals.

:candy:Jane-- I was a total last minute card sender! You should have seen me on Sunday trying to get them all done and ready. And then making sure I got stamps for them all!

:candy:Sassy-- Good luck in shopping! Last minute shopping for me will be Friday. Jhanai will have to stay w/James this time since I have to get stocking stuffers.

:candy:Tiffie--Very strange that your doctor is trying to look at two separate areas for your problems. I would get a second opinion that's for sure. Terrific on the 4lbs!! Isn't it great when your sweetie notices too?? My hubby commented on my legs not too long ago. Made me work even harder!

:candy:BlueJay--Always room for more! I'm also looking forward to hearing more about you! Welcome to our corner of the world!

:candy:Jules--Totally understandable w/the time constraints! I always say this time of year is hectic...but do we really slow down any once it's all over??

:candy:IdahoS--I think the outdoor tree sounds beautiful! Especially if it's close to a window. The bonfire gathering also sounds like a fun memorable time. A big welcome to you too!

:candy:Velveteen--Pop in a little longer and tell us more about you! Would love to learn more about you. Welcome!

:candy:Love& laugh--How are you?? Hope you pop back in and chat some more. Welcome!

:candy:Alicia--Hope you pop back in too! Welcome to our group.

:candy:Sawyer--Or do you perfer to be Martinitherampage?? :) Italian foods eh? I so love Pasta....unfortunately that is one thing that I need to cut down on. That is why it was one of our "indulgence" dinner the other night.

:candy:Michelle--Cute new advatar. Did you lose any power in your area when the storm hit? I guess there has been power out, even to this day, in some areas. I'm so glad that we got lucky. It's been really cold lately though. Hope you're staying safe!

:candy:Sue--So what kinds of celebrations do they have in Vegas for Christmas? I bet New Years is crazy w/people! I can only begin to imagine. SanFran had so many during the fourth of July.......imagining Vegas on New Years.....almost a scarey thought!

:candy:Cristi--I don't like gyms that have crazy scheduled hours and not set ones. When is a client suppose to fit in an exercise time?? I don't blame you for waiting until after the holidays to go back.

:candy:MaryKate--Walking in SF was such a challenge last year....this year wasn't so bad, but still wasn't the best. Now if I were to go, I don't think I'd whine as much as I have in the past!:D We did prefer to walk over catching a bus or take a taxi though. Needed the exercise!!

Oh I have a feeling I left someone out!! If I did, my apologies!! Hello and pop back in so I can say hello! :wave:

Well I think I'm going to turn in for the night. I have one more work day and then I'm off work and don't have to go back until Thursday...and then I only work 2 days and have a 3 day weekend! How great is that? I'll be spoiled that's for sure.

You all have a great night!

Sassy_Chick
12-21-2006, 03:33 AM
Hello Ladies.

Well shopping went good, no not everything is picked over yet! So get on out there! lol.

We got the "goods" for our little Christmas Dinner we are having at our place Tuesday with my mom. I'm not saying what we got either. :p Its for Christmas so I can be bad! lol. Hey after New Years, I am being good, so may as well enjoy it now!

We took the presents over to our friends & their children. All the presents were a hit. I love watching kids opening presents, that is the best! Then we ate some cheesecake (I only had a very very small slice!!!!!) :p

After that we went to Wal-Mart and got some shopping done, nothing really for anybody other than my mom, I bought her a pair of comfy and warm slippers. :)

Jane - YW for the card and little note pad. I saw those and thought they were cute! And I was right! I figured you would be the 1st to get your card! Psychic aren't I? :lol:

Well that is about it from my end. Exciting I know! lol.

Have a Good Day and pls no lectures about the cheesecake! :rofl:

PinkyPie
12-21-2006, 05:30 AM
Hi everyone and thanks for the welcome :)

What can I say about me... hmmmm...

I'm 38, originally from the States, live in the Netherlands since 1994. Am a Lifetime WW'er; actually lost 62lbs and kept it off a good couple of years. Then my life fell apart and I gained it all back. Plus.

I have to say the last few years has been the hardest of my whole life. I don't have kids, but I been married and divorced twice. I shouldn't say I don't have kids, because my partner, my love, has two kids from his previous relationship, so I'm a step-mom. Few years ago I got married when I knew in my heart I shouldn't have and that was the end of a "normal" seeming life for me. Split up, had a nervous breakdown, lost my job, stayed unemployed for 6 months, lost my house, gained a whole lotta financial debts and pretty much had to start ALL over again with everything.

So here I am at "now". Now I'm working towards getting life to be "normal" again. Slowly losing weight, working (for slave wages; that has to change), going to therapy...

I'm doing weight watchers again and while I'm not quite 100% (kickiing it into high gear after the holidays) I'm not sure my anti-depressant is helping me as far as getting the weight off is concerned. We shall see. I want to go off of it anyway (maybe "baby"??? ;) )!

I'm probably the most jaded person I know... maybe I will be proven wrong here!! :D

What sort of plan is everyone on?

mkat321
12-21-2006, 04:53 PM
hey all, got a rare opportunity to check in without the kids screaming so I thought I'd say hi. it's that TOM, so I'm working on finishing up You On A Diet so I'll be ready to be totally immersed when AF is gone on her not so merry way. Hubby is totally on board this time. My dad had a heart attack this weekend, and that scared us both good. Add to that that hubby's "other" FIL {late wife's father} is in a different hospital in the same city on life support and you can see why he's decided it might be time to cut the empty promises and actually get on board with getting in shape...

Jane
12-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Hi ladies,

Marti - I'm glad you've got some time off to look forward to. Will James have a break as well?

Sassy - children really do make Christmas more magic. All 5 of my DGDs are trying their best to be sooooo good, lol, for fear being on the Naughty List. What I like is how all of them can tell you how Christmas is Jesus's birthday, and they know all about the trip to Bethlehem. So sweet.

Velveteen - aww, sounds like you needed a soft place to land, and this is it. :hug: We'll help you as you reconstruct your life. What plan am I on? Well, the Plan I Will Be Doing Better On after the new year is partially Dr. Oz's "You on a Diet", and partially calorie counting. I did his plan in November, and know that I cannot follow it entirely as written, but will use his basic ideas and mold them into something doable for me while staying within a certain calorie limit. I want to step up my exercise, too. I lost a lot of weight on WW, but just don't want to do the points anymore. Core was totally out of the question! Anyway, we can do this as a group and I'm very glad you're a part of it. :)

mkat - so I take it your dad is going to be ok? I lost both of my parents to heart disease, so like you, it makes me want to do better with my own health.

Note to all new Jaded Ladies: It would be very helpful for us if any of you would want to put your names in your signature or under your avatar. It's getting difficult to remember who's who. Hey, I'm old.... gimme a break, tee hee.

Well, I had a wonderful lunch with niece Carol. She is such a caring, sweet person, and I'm proud to be her aunt. After that, I popped into Kmart for a tiny tree for next year. It's a 4 1/2 foot one, and I think I'll like it. It was 33% off, so if I don't like it, I'm not out much. Then I went to Walmart and braved the crowds for some waxed paper and coffee.

Phone..... bbl.....

jules1216
12-22-2006, 07:02 AM
Welcome Velveteen, IdahoSenior and Bluejay!!

Jane--I am going to go get my potatoes and I forgot cream of mushroom soup for the green bean caserole so I have to finish up today at the grocery store--there is no way I am going to go on Sunday!!! Thanks for the cute Teddy card!!

Mkat--good to see you post--dd and I both are at TOM--finishing shopping should be fun today--my pregnant friend might be coming too--watch out anyone who gets in the way of three hormonal women on a mission to finish their Christmas shopping. Thankfully I am almost finished!!

Velveteen--you will find a lot of support here on your road back to "normal" though I am not sure any of us are. It does help to have a place to put your thoughts and get feedback.

Sassy--with the luck I am having with packages hopefully I will get your card!! I have to go pick up my daughters shoes I ordered--there really cute, but a purse I ordered from Ebay is still not there and it should have been last Friday. The weird thing is, there was a slip telling me that I had a package but they looked twice and couldn't find anything--hopefully they didn't give it to someone else--first item ordered on Ebay and delivered to po box that I have ever had problem getting. I am also waiting for a package from Amazon with books for the kids for Christmas--I was tracking it and on Tuesday it had left the big distribution point in MD so I was happy, Wednesday I look and it says "sorry the package was misrouted" and the tracking was not available last night--I am panicing a little but I will just show the kids what they were suppossed to get online and give it to them when I finally get it.

Marti--with all the changes at work I am not going to be slowing down for awhile.....what is frustrating is my job title is supervisor, I received 90% of the directors job they moved almost 2 years ago with just a small pay raise and a change from hourly to salary so I actually lost money with losing the ability to work OT and now they are moving another director and there was a meeting with me and three other people and the boss--her time is split 50-50 between our department and another and she is moving to 100% the other department. I am getting about 25% to 40% of her job with our department with no talk of a pay increase, nothing being taken away from me and no extra help other than the staff I now have. I don't know how much more than think I can do since I am having trouble keeping up now and I refuse to go in every day off.

Tiffie--my husband was having some stomach problems and pain that the Dr thought might be a hernia. They started out having DH get a ultrasound and he joked that he was 100% positive the problem was not that he was pregnant. The sonogram which didn't really show anything so they sent him for a scan. We asked why bother with the sonogram and were told that sometimes the it will give them the answers they need and is cheaper than the scan so some insurance companies want it done first. We ended up with the bills for our portion of both and no answers--it's not a hernia and we found out he has no blockages, tumors or growths from his lungs to his upper thighs. He's not having the problem anymore so who knows.

BlueJay--my bday was Dec 16, my moms was yesterday (the 21st), my dad's is the 15th, my sister in laws is the 13th & her daughters is Christmas Eve (she hates it)

Idahosenior--how did your get together go last night?? Sounds fun. I do like you outside tree idea--I bet it's beautiful.

Well I gotta go get in the shower so I can join the throngs of last minute shoppers--hey....maybe I shouldn't shower...maybe it will give me some personal space!!

FrouFrou
12-22-2006, 11:22 AM
Hello Ladies and :welcome: to all the newbies!

MARTI...thank you for the card.

You ladies and your last minute shopping. What I am talking about, I just finished yesterday, lol!

JULES...funny, I am waiting for a gift card from Amazon. DD wanted mostly books and instead of ordering the books she said just get her a gift card because she keeps changing her mind. It was supposed to be here by today. So if it's not in today's mail ugh! She'll have to go online and let them know so they can cancel that one and send another. Glad I got her other stuff!

SASSY...hope your shopping spree wasn't too bad. I noticed yesterday a lot more traffic and I was out early to beat the crowds.

JANE...that is sweet that the girls actually know the true meaning of Christmas...I think most people have forgotten, which is sad.

HI to everyone else! :hohoho:

Nothing much going on here. Finally finished my shopping, yesterday, lol! We aren't having a big Christmas dinner...just a small ham dinner. We had our big dinner a couple of weeks ago. I've not decided whether I am going to cook on Christmas Eve like I have done the past 20 years or so, or do it on Christmas day. It will be weird with one of us missing :( But we will take in a movie on Christmas day for sure...our new tradition. Not really sure what I am doing today...first day in a while that I have nothing planned. Anyway...V gets off from work starting tomorrow until after the New Year and we will be busy. They sold the company (3.3 billion I think) he works (Raytheon) for but they are saying they are keeping all the workers so...hopefully they are not full of it. I say this because there are 2 buyers and one of them bought out Boeing last year and did away with a lot of the employees, mostly the older ones. And there are some who filed a lawsuit against them for age discrimination.

Not sure if I mentioned that we decided to put the house on the market, again. So we are readying it for that. We found a GREAT realtor this time :crossed: and we already found a house as well so. We've got some painting to do and closets to clean/empty and who knows what else. Not looking forward to this again but going to stick with it and get moved this time! Not sure that I will make back until after Christmas...I may but I want to wish you all a very Happy Holiday!

A very MERRY CHRISTMAS to YOU and YOURS!
:present: :hohoho: :elf: :xcheer: :wreath: :rudolph: :candy: :clause: :tree: :ginger:

bluejay
12-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Hi all! Thank you for the warm welcome! :hug:

This year, for the first time in a long time, I'm not out doing last minute shopping .... but I still haven't gotten everything wrapped. And I'm not sure when I'm going to fit it in, either, LOL! Between homeschooling and all the usual housework I'm much busier than in my working days. It's crazy! It's not the kids, though, it's the hubby. :dizzy: :doh:

Both my sister and my SIL are nurses, so because of working weekends/holiday rotations, we had our extended-family Christmas earlier this month. So it's just "us" and my ds and his wife..... and I have the gifts for ds/wife wrapped already. And all of this is a good thing, because we're starting with an ice storm in our area. No driving today! School closings today, too. (I know the students in the area are just sad, sad, sad about starting their vacations early, LOL!! ;) :carrot: ) The girls and I are baking gingerbread and reading books today........ with Mom sneaking in some time here on the board, of course!

Yesterday I made a large beef roast in the crockpot, made hot beef sandwiches for supper, then turned the rest into stew and and Italian ragout to serve over pasta, so we're set -- and I'll have time to wrap those presents. And the house smells good! I just have to bake my own birthday cake yet. (Yes, I'm being naughty -- but dh and ds will eat most of it.)

And speaking of birthdays, having it Christmas Eve was kind of a love/hate thing when I was a kid. I loved the fact that I usually got to see my relatives around my birthday. But ...... since it was the holidays, birthday parties/sleepovers/etc just never really happened. My family was pretty good about the present thing, so I never felt shorted. (You'd be amazed how many checkout clerks ask you that very question after seeing your driver's license.)

Well, enough rambling. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. Merry Christmas, ladies! :hug:

FrouFrou
12-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Hiya Bluejay! :hohoho:

Kuddos to you for homeschooling! That is a tough job for sure, but fun to I imagine. Your beef sounds sooooo good. Getting close to lunch time for me and I am getting hungry.

My niece's BD is on Christmas Eve...I don't think she ever minded but I bet she would have loved a different day. I always send her seperate cards. Kinda like me and my anniversary. We married on my BD which also falls on Mother's Day every few years so they are always combined. I just didn't want to take away from someone else's special month or other special months/dates and it didn't leave much. Couldn't think of a "good" day to get married so went with my BD, lol.

Be careful if you get out in that messy weather. I know here a lot of people are stranded trying to get to Denver and surrounding areas because I-70 is shut down from north of us to Denver. That would suck being stuck in some town you don't know or at the airport for Christmas.

Well, I was still on and thought I would check to see if anyone had posted before I log off. Need to get started doing something, what? I don't know...maybe putting some clothes on and getting out of my jammies for starters, lol.

Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS ladies! :tree: :hohoho: :wreath:

FrouFrou
12-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Back again for a few minutes...

...just wanted to thank MS SASSY for the card and note pad. That was very sweet of you, THANK YOU! :thanks: :hohoho:

jules1216
12-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Sassy & Marti--got your cards today..Thanks!!

Cristina--no box from Amazon today--I am still hoping it will come in the morning though I fear it is lost somewhere in the dead letter office!! Finished up shopping with DD--we had fun, but then we always do. Oh and by the way, the first Nick is gone turned out to be very jealous and controlling--she had to actually change her number to get him to stop calling and texting her (creepy thing was he even had his Mom and ex-wife calling her) she saw Jason but they decided to stay just friends. There is a new Nick who just got out of the military--he was special ops, did a tour in Iraq and is getting ready to go to the police academy at the beginning of the year. He looks like a younger & thinner Jesses James (Mr Sandra Bullock, star of Monster Garage and bike builder) The girl makes my head spin, but as long as she is happy that's all I want.

bluejay--I thought I was one of the only ones that has to bake her own cake!! I have my wrapping to do..luckily I already started.

Hope everyone keeps safe--there are some crazy drivers & nasty shoppers so be careful if you have to be out!! I am done everything so I am in for the weekend!! I am going to bake some more cookies!!

jules1216
12-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Hey Cristina!!! Are you dressed yet--I just changed into some shorts myself--DH is trying to raost me out with the woodstove--it's damp and rainy out so I really don't mind!!

Michelle
12-22-2006, 06:21 PM
This is just a very quick note, because we're getting ready to leave. Hope to be back on later!:dizzy:

MARTI...Thanks so much for the card, you're a sweetie!:hug:

SASSY...Thank you for the cute card and the little post it notes, so cute!:hug:

Sassy_Chick
12-22-2006, 09:27 PM
Hey Everybody.

YVW for the cards/note pads. :D

Shopping wasn't bad at all! Amazingly enough. I did see A LOT of guys wandering around by themselves doing last minute shopping! LOL!

I haven't even started baking! I figure if I don't get them done in time for Xmas, I will just bring them into work for New Years, the people here won't care as long as its FREE FOOD! lol.

I hope you all have a Happy Holiday!

Jane
12-22-2006, 10:41 PM
Hi ladies,

Jules - hahaha, I'll have to remember your solution for personal space while shopping. Added to the No Shower, I think I'll throw in no toothpaste and antiperspirant, too. Actually, the truth is, I don't mind crowds at all, but I do mind rude people. So far this holiday season, I've been lucky with that.

Cristi - no, you didn't mention that you're thinking of selling the house again. I know you tried to a little while back, but can't remember why you wanted to. Can you tell us about the house you found, or would you rather wait and see how it goes? Either way, good luck!

BlueJay - store clerks comment about my birthday, too, when they see it on my driver's license. Usually with sympathy in their voice, since it's 9/11. The first couple of years after the bombings, I felt guilty to have a good time on my birthday, and even now it's always on my mind that so many died needlessly on that day. On a happier note - mmmmmmm, you're crock pot beef sounds so good. So does the cake, of course.

Sassy - yep, people at work always appreciate free food, imo. And homebaked goodies are welcome until everyone's on a diet again, lol.

Hi to the others. :wave:

Well, believe it or not, I took down our big tree and put up the little one. It came with a pot to hold it, and I set it on a table. The branches are not real close together, and I like the way the ornaments hang down in-between and are very visible. I asked Neal if he could find a real (deserted) bird's nest for me, and of course he did, so I put it right in front, with a bird ornament close by. I like it.

Everything has been done that can be done early for Christmas. I've got some cleaning to do tomorrow, and Katie will be here, doing her laundry and making a relish tray for Sunday.

Gotta go surf..... toodles for now. :hug:

Sassy_Chick
12-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Hey Jane. :wave:

Yes people @ work ALWAYS appreciate Free Food, esp. when its home made. That is why I figured it doesn't really matter when I bring them in! lol.

Enjoy! ;)

mkat321
12-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Jane- dad is going to be alright if I can convince him that just because he's at home on minor restrictions doesn't mean he can return to normal life. if he keeps arguing with me.... *this is the guy who keeps asking me why I'm so bull-headed, mind you*

merry christmas all :) Going to be a rough few days, to say the least. anyone who remembers my thanksgiving saga.. it's going to be better for us family wise, but rougher dealing with the *family* members who don't like our plans or approve of our desire to have holidays at home with just us and the girls... perish forbid..!

Marti
12-23-2006, 05:18 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!! :wave:

Hubby just took DD out to do some shopping. So I thought I would take some time and say hello while I had the chance.

I'm totally going off any "dieting" the next few days. DH & DD are doing some sweets shopping and buying ingrediants for our homemade cocoa, marshmallows and truffles. Talk about indulging ourselves in sweets! We wanted to start a new tradition of some kind and making real hot cocoa w/homemade marshmallows sounded so much fun and tastey! (Truffles are just an added treat)
Don't worry though....I'm still walking my 30min walks. I may indulge but I don't cut out the exercise.

Now for individuals:

:ginger: Sassy--I got your card the other day too! Thank you so much for the little note pad! You're a sweetheart you know that right! Don't you worry about me giving lectures about cheesecake...you seen what my days will be consisting of!! Enjoy everything.....Starting the New Year, we will be cracking down! :lol:

:ginger: Renee--Awww....we're here for ya! :hug: You have been through a lot. We'll help you w/the support you need. These girls are wonderful!! As for a program that I'm on....well I have started to just watch portions and count calories. I read all my labels (again) and I walk 30mins everyday. Of coarse there are days that I just need a break and I give myself that break. My weight is slow w/coming off though w/the holidays, but it'll get better once I stop my indulging! :dizzy:

:ginger: Mkat--I hope your dad listens and takes it easy while he's home. My grandpa was recently hospitalized from a fall...once he got home it was all we could do to convince him that rest is what will heal him. He up and about like he used to before his fall. Glad to see you popping in.

:ginger: Jules--My goodness!! What a hectic work schedule you have. And I don't blame you for not wanting to come on your days off either. Are you getting some holiday time off?? I sure hope so. Sounds like you really need to have some quality family time to rest , relax and enjoy!

:ginger: Jane--James took the same time off plus a day. But is ending up w/a whole 10 days off. He took extra because if he would have went to work another day...it would have went into his vacation time. It's all so complicated to explain but the point is, he's getting some much needed time off!! Do you do a big dinner Christmas Eve rather than Christmas day?

:ginger: Cristi--My DD dad is taking her to the movies Christmas day too. I think that is something they started doing last year. She's with me up until Christmas, then Christmas afternoon or evening she goes w/her dad. I feel bad at times and ask if he wants her home earlier or she can have Christmas w/me afterwards....but it's the same each year. I'm going to see if he wants to spend the New Year w/her. (She's w/me that weekend too!) As for having someone missing this Christmas...I'm sorry. :hug: I know how hard it must be. I didn't have a child but my brother was gone a couple Christmas's due to military. Just know that there are many people who thank him and love him for what he is doing!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

:ginger: BlueJay--You sound like a wonderful cook!! I believe I was drooling reading what you had for dinner!!:drool: I love roast beef sandwhiches. Been so long since I've had one. You also sound like you have a busy schedule between being a nurse and homeschooling! Where do you fit in the time?? Happy to have you part of our group. Looking forward to learning more about you.

:ginger: Michelle--Have a Merry Christmas!! Your Welcome for the card!

And a Hello and Merry Christmas to all the others out there!! :xcheer:

W/Christmas Eve being here tomorrow (can you believe it?) and then Christmas, I won't have much time on the computer. So You all have a very:

Merry Christmas!!!

Sassy_Chick
12-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Hi Marti! :wave:

YVW for the Card and note pad and thanks for the compliment....:^:

Yeah starting the New Year, we all will be "Cracking the Whips!" lolllllll

Hmmmmm Almost Christmas and no snow? There is a chance of snow on Monday though, so who knows...........;)

Merry Christmas!

Jane
12-23-2006, 11:31 PM
Hi all,

Our Christmas Eve celebration is the most important. We get together in the living room, turn all the phones off, and pass around the bible reading St. Luke 2:1-20, everyone reading a verse or 2. (Katie's bf Clint is nervous about tomorrow, lol. This will be his 1st time doing this) Then Neal dons the Santa hat and all the grandkids gather around him while he reads T'was the Night Before Christmas. Most of the presents are opened then, one at a time, but some are saved for Christmas morning. The food we have on Christmas Eve is most party-type foods. It's all laid-back and fun. Christmas Day is more formal and that's when we have the big dinner, using the good dishes and linens. Neal's brother Paul will be here, and Mary is bringing one of the kids from the group home where she works. The boy has no where else to go, so we'll make him feel at home here.

Anyway, I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all of you, and to take this time to tell you all how much you mean to me. You Jaded Ones are like sisters (or daughters) to me, and I wish you happiness and love this Christmas Day. I won't be able to be back now until Monday night or Tuesday, so take care. :hug:

Sassy_Chick
12-24-2006, 12:48 AM
Merry Christmas Eve! :tree:

Jane -- Your Christmas Eve with Family sounds great. That is very sweet of you to include the kid from the group home.
You are a Wonderful, Kind, and Caring Lady and we are proud to have you as one of our Jaded Ladies "Momma's" and/or "Sisters" ;)

To All the Jaded Ladies -- You all are very very special and loving, kind, and caring Ladies! You have "Taken me in" as your own.....you have all made me feel like this is my 2nd home, Thank You for Everything!!! :hug:

I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

:hohoho: :newyear:

:grouphug:

jules1216
12-24-2006, 09:28 AM
Happy Merry Christmas Eve!!!!

Took son shopping for his girlfriend yesterday. Made me realize that I raised a very thoughtful boy. He even bought some small toys for his friends kids even though he doesn't have much extra to spend.

Traffic and the parking lots were actually worse than in the stores.

I have to agree that all the Jaded Ladies are special people!!

Idahosenior
12-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Merry Christmas Eve. This year is a challenge to me. My two best friends for the past 45 years, both lost their husbands last summer. My son lives in Mexico and this is only the second time he has not been with me for Christmas in 39 years. We moved to Idaho two years ago so all my friends here a newbie! Yesterday I felt my self in a rare moment of depression so I got up got out and just went everywhere I could think of in a very small town. I went around dispensing random acts of kindness and smiling at people. It was amazing how people smiled back and spoke and seemed to relax a little. After all, it is a holiday. The purpose is joy. Anyway, I felt better when I went home. A friend came and drove me to the gym through a beautiful snow storm and we exercised. I had spent two hours out in the cold doing animal chores earlier in the day.
Today I am cooking Christmas Eve dinner. I started cooking on Christmas Eve 30 years ago. We had Ed and 6 adopted children and I hated leaving the house on Christmas Eve because that was when everyone wanted or needed or dropped in etc. I also hated having to cook on Christmas when everybody was playing with or assembling or learning about their new treasures. So I started cooking a beautiful dinner with the silver and china and crystal on Christmas Eve. Clean it all up, cook a lovely breakfast and then PLAY with everyone else on Christmas. It is interesting that the kids and now the grand kids remember the beautiful dinners with the candles and manners better than they remember the toys the next morning. I have two grandchildren about to graduate from college. That is alot of Christmases.
It snowed last night, so the whole valley is white, right now it is covered with fog and the sun is not up. I can't wait to see the mountains this morning if and when the fog lifts.
Two of our four Mastiffs have made their way to the house from their warm kennels. They are not fond of cold.
Our dinner tonight will be new friends and make new memories. I will probably eat too much. Charlie and I are good cooks. And I really like food. I hope that reading your posts and getting the email reminders will help me shed some pounds and stay in shape. One of my adoped daughters who was wild and totally without any stability when she came into our lives at 13, called me yesterday. She has taken on a 14 year old, whose mom died of overdose and dad just got out of the pen. "How did you put up with me Mom, how did you ;stand up to me over and over?" Bless her heart, she is paying forward my love for her. It was a wonderful Christmas present.
Must go start the feast.

Katiecat
12-24-2006, 12:24 PM
My boys will be here tonight for dinner and opening presents; we will have breakfast together Christmas morning and exchange stockings, then they will go spend Christmas day with their father, and Tim and I will have a peaceful day together at home. Since we are doing the big dinner tonight, I picked up a couple of small filet steaks for Christmas day, and will saute mushrooms with them and serve them with baked potatoes. We have wood for the fire, and it should be a lovely, cozy day, just the two of us.

Getting ready for church, so no time for individuals, but I wanted to wish all of my Jaded Lady friends and all of their families and loved ones a bright and beautiful and wonderful and warm Christmas :grouphug: You guys are the best...

:hohoho: :wreath: :rudolph: :candy: :ginger: :snowglo: :tree:

With much love,
Mary Kate

Praying for peace on Earth.

FrouFrou
12-24-2006, 03:57 PM
:wreath:MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES!:wreath:

JANE...reason for moving...a little bit bigger house and a new neighborhood. I've never felt like a part of this one. The majority have little ones and besides Ms Wanda next door we are the oldest on this little cul-de-sac. Before we were worried about what was going to be built behind us but that's not a factor now. Don't really want to talk about the other house until we know we have it...feel like if I talk about it it will jinx it. Trying not to get attached either but I think it's kind of hard.

JULES...so sorry about Nick being creepy. I know DD will find her "right" man one day. And any man that looks like Jesse James, well, ummm, yeah. I could go for that, lol! Sandra Bullock is one lucky dog. Speaking of dogs...she was on Ellen Friday and so funny as usual. She was talking about her 2 legged dog and then they got a 3 legged dog. Ellen, joked...so you're working your way up to a four-legged dog, lol? I love that she adopted 2 dogs that no one else would have possibly taken...so sweet. We too are still waiting for our Amazon shipment, lol. Couldn't even access the account because apparently too many others are, lol. I am sure we will get it soon and it will be a little after-Christmas gift for all (you and us).

Idahosenior...we always did the same...had our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve, for about 20+ years. That all went out the window when DS joined the Army. What a sweetie you are! :) A smile goes a long way! :) Too bad a lot of people don't see it that way.

MARYKATE...have a great Christmas dinner with the family tonight.

MARTI...that is a nice tradition to start...something you all do together and have fun doing so. We too started the tradition of going to the movie last year. I never thought anyone would go or they would be open until I read about it in the paper two years ago and so we went last year. The place was so busy! So that is our new tradtion.

SASSY...yeah, I would have to say eveyrone loves free food whenever they get it!

MICHELLE...lots of hugs to you missy. :hug: :hug: I know this is a hard time for you but know that we are thinking of you.

Well, ladies...I thought I would stop in and say Hi and wish you all a Merry Christmas since I was doing nothing. I am supposed to be doing some prep work for tomorrow and some baking but really don't feel like it. It is definitely going to be weird with one of us missing tomorrow but I am happy that we at least had some time this month with Josh...that meant so much to me and him. A little sad today but I will be okay. More feeling sick than anything else. V had something last week, not sure what but some guys at work told him about some medicine you take for 4 days and it knocks it out. He called his doc and it worked whatever it was. Now I feel like I am coming down with it. So not sure we will make Midnight Mass tonight, a little sad about that. May feel better later but I don't know. I really do need to do some baking and laundry. We are going to the movies tomorrow and then will have a small Christmas dinner when we get back. Not sure what we are seeing but will try to catch an early matinee. So...take care ladies and I hope you all have a blessed day with the ones you love!

Sassy_Chick
12-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Well Ladies I'm getting ready to go in for my 15 hour shift! I feel like I'm getting ready for a marathon or something! lol. Well at least we won't have to work any holidays next year! ;)

So you all have a Very Merry Christmas!

I'm sure I'll be around later as I'm pretty sure we are going to be really really sllooooowwwww tonight!

Sassy_Chick
12-25-2006, 06:13 AM
Lonely........I'm Mrs. Lonely, I've got nobody.............to talk too.................well except for a bunch of guys. :p lol..........I have 2 hours and about 15 minutes left of my shifttttt.......:tired:

jules1216
12-25-2006, 06:35 AM
Merry Christmas Everyone!!

jules1216
12-25-2006, 06:36 AM
Lonely........I'm Mrs. Lonely, I've got nobody.............to talk too.................well except for a bunch of guys. :p lol..........I have 2 hours and about 15 minutes left of my shifttttt.......:tired:

Sorry I woke up too late to catch you!!

Sassy_Chick
12-25-2006, 06:40 AM
I'm still here!!!! :D

jules1216
12-25-2006, 06:44 AM
I am too--I wish I could sleep in on my days off but I can't. Hubby is still sleeping. So much left to do, but I have to be quiet and not wake him up.

Sassy_Chick
12-25-2006, 06:46 AM
I am too--I wish I could sleep in on my days off but I can't. Hubby is still sleeping. So much left to do, but I have to be quiet and not wake him up.

Oh don't I understand that one. Except for me I get up late, because as you know I work nights, but its very hard to "change" your schedule! I have SOOOOOOOOo much to do and we don't get out of here until 8:30!!! I need another "ME" to get stuff done! lol.

Merry Christmas Everybody!
:tree: :xcheer: :rudolph:
So Has Santa come to visit???? :hohoho:

jules1216
12-25-2006, 06:54 AM
I never thought that I would become "morning" person but here I am. I am going to make some coffee though!!

Sassy_Chick
12-25-2006, 07:01 AM
Mmmmmmmm :coffee:................:drool:

Jane
12-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Hi ladies, :wave:

We had a wonderful Christmas, and I hope your's was great, too. Everyone was here at the same time for our Christmas Eve ritual, and at various times Christmas Day. Everyone had a great time, and we all ate too much. At one point, the photos from when we all went to Walt Disney World together in October of '04 got brought out, and we laughed over them. My kids talked about all the funny things that happened when they were younger, which got us all tickled. Making new memories, right? I went to Walmart today and got my Christmas photos done. I'll post some if I get a chance.

Talk to you later. :hug:

Marti
12-27-2006, 04:40 PM
Hello Ladies!!

My last day of vacation. It was a wonderful vacation too. At least I only have to work 2 days before the weekend.

We had lovely Christmas. Had our dinner on Christmas Eve and then opened up all the stuff Christmas morning. Had to get DD to her dads by 2:00 so she could spend the rest of the day w/him.

Did anyone do the after Christmas shopping spree? DH & I did. We decided that we want to to satin ornaments next year and so we bought a bunch. And satin button lights. Very pretty and festive. Have to buy a tote today to fit in all our new stuff!!

Took our tree down today. Poor thing was as dry as can be! I stopped putting water in it on the 23rd. (makes it easier to haul out of the house w/out getting water all over the floor) Now my house is slowly getting back to normal.

How did everyone fair this holiday season? Are we all ready to get back into the "Let's get healthy" state of mind?? I took 3days off of eating good and walking! (even after I said I would walk!! Shame on me!) But I got a walk in last night and I will get back on track w/that. Need to keep up w/that before too many days go by and I'm not wanting to exercise at all.

I have my first mini goal to reach by my birthday. I would like to lose 2lbs. Only 2lbs. It's SOOOO hard for me to lose any anymore that I'm shocked and happy when I see half a pound! So...by the 19th......I'm looking for a 2lb loss.

Hope I can do it.

Ok....I'm rambling on about nothing here really so I need to get back to cleaning house.

Hugs to you all!

jules1216
12-27-2006, 07:11 PM
We had a really nice Christmas Day with the Ds, his gf, dd and my Mom. The only bad thing was DD ended up with a toothache. She went to the dentist today and thankfully even though it was deep she didn't have to get a root canal done. Alicia (ds's gf) LOVED her pink crockpot and the southern living crockpot cookbook I got her--they are going to take chicken wings to a party at a friends and there is a recipie for french onion soup that DS can't wait to have her make. My Amazon package with dd & ds's books in it finally came today, I was ready to give up hope of getting it.

Marti--I thought about going to the after Christmas sales to pick up on some new ornaments too, but never made it especially with working. DH keeps saying that we are going to take this week off next year. We will leave our tree up until the weekend and take it down next Monday. 2 lbs by the 19th is definitely a doable.

Jane--your get together sounds great!!

Where is everyone!!

Tiffie
12-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't really been around that much lately. I have been very sick, but I'm still around. Fever's been around 100 degrees most days, ick, and I was vomiting.

I had a great Christmas, but haven't been able to do my workouts since a couple of days before Christmas. But I'm doing alright on my diet at least.

Jane
12-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Please hop on over the Weight Loss and Chit Chat # 226 thread. See you there. :)