100 lb. Club - New Year's Resolutions

View Full Version : New Year's Resolutions

Goddess Jessica
12-19-2006, 09:17 PM
I know you've been thinking about them, I know I have! New Yearís Resolution time is upon us and I thought we should create an exercise for accountability. I learned this exercise a long time ago and I think itís awesome. Of course, you donít have to follow it if you donít want to. :)

Step 1: State your goal.
It must be realistic and quantifiable. For example, ďI want to be healthier,Ē is admirable but not a goal. ďI will lower my blood pressure, my pants size and my stress level.Ē is a goal because itís measurable.

Step 2: Five Actions
See, you thought you were getting off easy! But now you have to list three things you will do in the next 2 months. These need to be actions with reactions. Actual things you will do in the next 2 months to begin to accomplish your goal and why it will help you accomplish your goal. For example, ďI will make my lunch and bring it to work (thatís the action) so that I will not be tempted to have something unhealthy instead (reaction).Ē

Now, the idea is that in two months, you can revisit this and add new actions or determine what actions didnít work so you can re-plan.

Here's something you can cut and paste so we can see your goal:

State your goal:
Five Actions:

(action)
(action)
(action)
(action)
(action)

Sheila53
12-19-2006, 09:42 PM
You first, GJ! :D

Last year on January 1, my DH, DSD, and I wrote down three goals we wanted to accomplish for the year, then we sealed them up in an envelope. We're planning on revisiting them on January 1, and writing three more for 2007. So I've been thinking about it, but haven't formulated any goals (don't like the resolution word--reminds me of all my diet failures of years past) yet.

truelies
12-19-2006, 10:05 PM
State your goal: Lose 50 pounds/fit into nice looking clothes. (I'm 19, I have to have some vanity involved)

Five Actions:
STICK to LAWL
Go to the gym 5-7 a week
Once school starts actually GO to class and do my work
Get in all of my food for the day, no more or less
Be more of a positive person

nicolen
12-19-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm in :D

I want to lose a minimum of 50lb in 2007.

I will:

:) Track everything I eat
:) Exercise at least 5 days out of 7
:) Not beat myself up when I do slip up
:) Make sure I get my 5+ per day for fruit and veggies
:) Drink at least 1.5L water every day

finallyready07
12-20-2006, 12:07 AM
State your goal:Lose 20 pounds by the end of August (that's when I start my freshman year of college).
Five Actions:

1. do turbo jam AT LEAST 4 times a week
2. drink at least 7 cups of water a day
3. take my vitamins every day
4. eat no more than 1,200 calories per day, preferably no more than 1,000
5. eat "away from home" food only 1 time a week

thewife
12-20-2006, 09:14 AM
State your goal: Enter Onederland by July 1, 2007.

Five Actions:

1. drink water, water and more water
2. go to gym a minimum of 4 days a week
3. take more pride in my appearance
4. not spend money on clothes on every new size (i telecommute so why bother?)
5. celebrate each ounce lost as if it was a pound...a loss is a loss!

Man, I love this board!

lilybelle
12-20-2006, 09:18 AM
I want to maintain my weight at 142-147 lbs.

I will:
1. continue my low carb eating with adding only extra fruit
2. exercise at least 30 min's , 4 x a week
3. drink at least 48 ounces of water a day
4. weigh myself every week
5. limit eating out to once a week

LisaMarie71
12-20-2006, 09:54 AM
My Goal: To reach a weight of 165 and maintain it (I'm not going to put a date here -- I plan to reach it by August but I'm fine with it taking longer).

5 Actions:
1. Continue staying within my WW point range every day to control my caloric intake.
2. Continue doing a cardio workout a minimum of 5 days per week, with a focus on becoming a better runner (another goal: complete a 5k this year).
3. Begin a schedule of strength training and flexibility (yoga, possibly) at least 2 days per week.
4. Include more whole foods in my diet so that I'm not only losing weight but also becoming healthier in general - the plan is to focus on getting my 5 fruits/vegetables per day so that I have a quantifiable goal.
5. Increase my water intake to a minimum of 64 ounces per day (up from 48). That's about as far as I can go without leaving my classroom to pee all day, which just doesn't work!!

Beyond these five actions, I think something I'll obviously have to do is just remain positive even when the scale doesn't move the way I want it to, and to remember that these are big changes I'm making and I have to be patient while my body catches up.

Good luck with your goals, everyone!!

KnitALisa
12-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Goal: Lose 73 lbs (total weightloss of 100 lbs) hopefully by September 8th (21st b-day!); attain healthy BMI; fit into a size 10 (8 would be even better!).

Actions:
1) Work out like a fiend. 5-7 days a week, 45 mins+
2) Eating plan: Stick to SBD
3) WATER! Limit diet-soda to 2 cans a day.
4) Remember to take meds everyday
5) Find a reason. Not excuses.

CLCSC145
12-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Goal: Still be eating as healthy as I am today, letting the results be what they are going to be and be okay with that. And exercise regularly, darn it!

Actions:
1) Continue weighing and measuring my food
2) Try new vegetables and fruits I've never tried (brussel sprouts 12/29-ick!)
3) Find replacements for processed foods
4) Get some exercise everyday, even if it's just walking
5) Introduce strength training into my weekly routine a few times a week

294.8 on December 20, 2006

caseygail21
12-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Goal: To reach my goal weight of 130 pounds and to continue to be healthy and maintain that weight once I get there.

Actions:
1.) Eat more whole foods with lots of fruits and veggies
2.) Drink lots of water and limit my diet sodas to 2 a week.
3.) Continue to walk/run everyday (hopefully I will be a runner by the end of the year.)
4.) Stay positive when I don't see the scale move
5.) Stay strong when I go out with my friends. I'm turning 21 in about a month :S

rockinrobin
12-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Over in the maintainance forum they pulled up their resolution/goal thread from last year. It would be interesting if we do the same thing, so that in a year's time we can see how we did with our goals. I'm going to state my weight and date for the record - 218 pounds on December 20, 2006,

My main goal is to get somewhere in the 120's on or before my 44th birthday, November 12, 2007. I don't know exactly what number I'd like to be having not been there for 2 decades. So I'll kinda see how it goes as I get closer.

My actions and goals are kind of intertwined and are as follows.

1 - I would like to remain eating healthy foods in normal-sized portions, with the occasional treat in extremely small portions
2- I would like to see my activity level steadily increasing, so that by the time 2008 rolls around there is nothing that I won't try. Before 2007 is over I would like to be an active member of a gym, doing strength training and cardio.
3- I want my healthy eating to be a totally and completely natural thing for me, therefore allowing me to STOP OBSESSING about it. I would love to go a day without thinking about food, for once in my life.
4- I would really like to eventually get down to weighing myself just once a week. And if the results were not to my liking, deal with it in a sensible manner, not freak out, and then make whatever adjustments were needed. Once I get to goal, I never, ever want to be more then 3 or 4 pounds past it.
5- I would like to be able to bake cookies and family favorites for my family once again and have friends and family over for meals again. I can't do this right now because I will definitely overeat. At least I think I would. I want to know that I can do these things once again without blowing my "diet".

I wish us all good luck in obtaining our goals. Maybe we could bring the thread back up again every 3 months or so and see how we're doing.

Goddess Jessica
12-20-2006, 06:20 PM
You guys are doing great! Some fantastic resolutions out there! Keep it going!

Shelia - I'm working on it. Meditating on it. Promise I'll post soon.

Penney
12-20-2006, 07:48 PM
This is such a wonderful idea - THANKS!!!

State your goal: To lose at least 60 pounds by May and to be able to participate in a road race with my husband this summer.

Five Actions:
(action) I will continue to be a non-smoker :D
(action) I will continue eating within my plan and drinking within my plan
(action) I will keep up with my cardio/aerobic training twice a week and work-up to jogging :^: by February
(action) I will continue lifting weights 3 times a week
(action) I will start doing yoga at least twice a week

Lifeguard
12-20-2006, 09:25 PM
I was wondering when someone would start this thread - lol.

Although I am NOT in the mood to feel positive & make goals I know that is just because I am sick & gained 2lbs - how totally unfair!!!

Anyway, my goal for 2007 is to reach my goal weight range of 155-170 by year's end.
1. Drink 2 nalgene bottles of water daily.
2. Try to keep the car parked whenever possible and walk to do my business (I am not working so there is no reason for me not to do the 30min walk to herbal magic or 15min walk to the grocery store). Plus this will help the environment and our bank accounts.
3. Continue with my workout plan changing up the actual weight routine every 6-8 weeks to keep my muscles guessing.
4. Continue with herbal magic and the healthy eating plan they have laid out. But I will bring this one step further and try to purchase foods from local and organic sources whenever possible.
5. Continue with my anti-depressants and sleep plan to keep the depression under control so that all the rest is possible.

Good luck everyone in 2007!

tolose85
12-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Ok-- I AM doing this.

Goal: To get on the diet train and re-lose the weight I've gained back + 10 lbs by the end of 2007. So lets see that would be to lose 111 lbs.

5 Actions:

1. Beginning January 2 My diet will be modified by reducing my daily caloric intake to 1000 calories. (Yes its low but it works for me.)

2. Incorporate exercise by either joining the gym or consistently doing Walk away the pounds DVD at least 3 times per week

3. Replacing all soda with water or unsweet tea

4. Reducing my salt intake

5. Sticking to this until I've once again reached my goal.

I've been away for awhile, but guarenteed, I'll be back with a vengence January 2. Look forward to seeing me here quite often!

Now, I'm going to copy and paste this to a Word document, and post it to my refrigerator!

NurseMichelle
12-21-2006, 11:35 AM
2007 is OUR YEAR girls!!! I like what you did Robin, for the record, and so I can be surprised next year when we pull this up again....I am Michelle age 30, in March 2006 I weighed 296 and made a change, today is December 21st and I currently weigh 218...same as you RRobin!!! But my own goal really isn't 120s but yes, I remember you are not as tall as me. So my 2007 goal is 140. Or to at least see it for awhile. Maybe for my frame 150 is a better goal, I don't know, I've never been.

1) Drink 2-4 liters of water each day, more on the days when I work 7p-7a, and limit diet soda (which I don't care for anyways so why do I drink it?) But water is not a problem to me, I've come to love it and get upset when I don't get to drink enough.

2) Get to the gym 14 times a month, that's two weeks of three and two weeks of four times. I can't commit to 4days/week every week with my kids and schedule but I'd like to do more than three. I'd like to increase my lifting and get more muscle definition and shape.

3) Wear a two piece swimsuit this year. I figure I will when I'm around 180 or less, unless I'm on vacation then I will no matter what, after all, who knows me there? LOL....we frequent a friend's pool at her house and most of our friends wear them, cute tankinis, whatever, and they aren't size twos either. After my second child and I got deathly ill, had two operations on my belly, I have a horrible scar, but I want to wear it proudly! (it's pretty faded actually)

4) Cook more often. That is my goal every year, but I am just not much of a cook. I did cook more meals in 2006 than ever before, even came up with a few new family favorites. But I don't want to put numbers to it, like cook 5 days a week, because my weeks are too hectic as is, with work and kids. So just making a conscious effort along with PACKING lunches, most days, is a good goal.

5) Be healthy, be happy, try to be more patient with morons, with my husband, with my kids, my coworkers. Be nicer and more encouraging of others. ***Mental health***

Thanks for the idea, now I'll copy this to word and print it out too! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!! We have a whole year to do it!

djs06
12-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Well I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions, per se, but since you pointed out what I hate about them (the whole accountability thing) I think it's a great idea.

Goal: To become a regular exerciser, be able to run an 8 minute mile on the treadmill, reach "onederland" by my 23rd birthday in june, and set feasible goals for myself, both health and mind related.

Action 1: Gym workouts 4x a week, yoga 2x
Action 2: See a therapist to deal with food and other issues
Action 3: Meditate!!!!
Action 4: Practice self-control in social food/alcohol situations
Action 5: Eat slower. I really need to practice this one.

JennRG
12-21-2006, 10:53 PM
State your goal: Lose 100 lbs this year

Five Actions:
Stick to my current diet plan
Continue with my trainer 2 times per week
Do cardio 6 times per week and weights 4 times per week
Be more of a positive person
Take my vitamins!

GirlyGirlSebas
12-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Goal - to consistently lose inches each month and reduce my body fat percentage from 50% to 30%. Also, to be able to run 5 miles and to be able to swim 50 laps by the end of the year. I lose weight very very slowly and get easily discouraged. I have decided to change my focus from the scales to changes in my body shape, stamina and strength. Also, my hubby has asked for me to work with him to help both of us lose the weight and get in shape...so, this will be a family focus this year.

Actions
1 - Cardio training/5xweek for 60 minutes, strength training/whole body 2xweek, stretching/daily.
2 - Start and follow the C25K program on the Cool Running site.
3 - Follow the SBD plan consistently...to include weekends!
4 - Plan weekly menus, buy the groceries and cook at least 1/2 of the meals myself. (My hubby will be sooooo happy!)
5 - Re-read and practice the 7 steps of Dr.Phil's Weight Loss Challenge.

I can't wait to see our NSV's for 2007!

Sheila53
12-22-2006, 09:53 PM
I've been thinking about this for a while now and finally came up with one goal I'd really like to achieve in 2007:

Goal:

Have a 24% (or less--this is the "lean" category for my age) body fat measurement by the end of 2007.

Actions:

Eat 5 small, balanced meals per day
Take my daily vitamins
35-60 min. of cardio 6 days per week with an "active" rest day
Heavy lifting 5-6 days per week
Avoid self-medicating with food by doing research, getting therapy or any other means possible

melsfolly
12-26-2006, 06:21 PM
Goal: Enter into Onederland by Oct. 1, 2007

Actions:

Exercise at least 7 hours per week, with at least 2 hours of strength training to ensure muscle growth and to burn more calories.
Add variety to my workout - minimum of 4 different types of exercise per week - to keep my body guessing and to prevent boredom.
Reduce the number of "wasted" calories I currently consume by 50% each week to better round out my nutritional intake.
Limit eating out to twice weekly to avoid temptations and the "unknown" factors that are a result in not knowing exactly what ingredients/quanties are being added to the food that I consume.
Get more sleep to help increase that good 'ol hormonal activity my body needs to help control my appetite.

:newyear:

midwife
12-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Well, this may be odd since this is a wt loss forum and all, but I think that my plotted out resolution will not have to do with weight loss but with something else I highly desire.

State your goal: Complete and submit a novel to a contest in June '07
Five Actions:
1) Complete outline by Jan 1
2) Write daily, even if it is only a small amount
3) Average 21 pages a week
4) Have first draft completed in April and being read by my helpers
5) Have it edited, rewritten, and in the mail by May 31

I have the outline in my head and most of the research done. I think it is doable, but it will take daily discipline and effort...gee, like so many other things in my life!

72butterfly
12-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Goal: To reach my goal weight this year--120 pounds.

Action: Exercise at minimum 5x/week
Action: Continue to reward myself for meeting mini goals
Action: Drink half my weight in water on a daily basis
Action: Stick with WW
Action: Continue to post consistently on websites that have definitely been there for me in 2006 and will continue to play a part in my success as time progresses

Goddess Jessica
12-29-2006, 08:06 PM
State your goal: Lose 10% of my body weight each quarter!
Five Actions:

Pack a healthy lunch to work everyday!
Get on the treadmill 5 days a week!
Swim twice a week.
Cook dinner at least 4 times a week.
Journal, journal, journal.

108tolose
12-29-2006, 09:57 PM
State your goal: My goal for 2007 is to lose according to the plan and become more healthy, stronger, with more energy so I can enjoy my children.

Five Actions:
-- Go to the gym 4-5 times a week, INCLUDING hitting the exercise room when I'm traveling (this is a HUGE problem for me).
-- Continue journaling.
-- Take lunch to work so I'm not tempted to eat out, not eat, or hit the candy dish on the admin's desk.
-- Drink at least 120 ounces of water a day.
-- Continue to cook healthy food for the family. Don't give in to chants of "McDonald's" coming from the back seat.

PattyW
12-29-2006, 10:40 PM
I have some personal goals that are not directly related to health but these are my health-related goals for 2007.

Goals

Lose 100 Pounds
Be fit enough to run (and win) a 5K

Actions

Sonoma Diet
Take vitamins
Cardio training 5 days a week
Strength training 4 days a week
Get more sleep
Weigh once a week
Take measurements once a week
Journal regularly

DollyR
12-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Yup...its that time of year....here is my goal....

:carrot: My goal: Lose 25 pounds! Smaller increments make it easier for me to have hope.:carrot:

Five Actions:
:D Go to the gym 5 days a week. Use weekend days if my schedule does not allow M-F.
:D Make healthy dinners (my weakness after working all day) and treat myself to one good meal a week.
:D Stay off the scale everyday and only get on occasionally. (My scale is broken at home so I only have the one at the gym)
:D Stay away from toxic situations and be positive.
:D Do two - three fruits and five veggies a day.

MsHelena
12-30-2006, 10:46 PM
2007 Goal: My 2007 goal is not weight-related . . . at least not directly. My goal is to love my body, feed my mind and enjoy my life. Too much of my last weight loss struggle was focused on weight and struggle. I kept thinking that I would take care of myself properly, love life properly and just feel properly after the fat was gone. How completely ridiculous! I think in some ways that my fat has always been a way of punishing myself. How can I expect to gain a healthier body when the same self-hatred that brought me here is brewing away?

Actions:
Take care of my body. Nourish it with high-quality, nutrient-dense foods.
Challenge my body. Supply it with new opportunities. Push it to try.
Protect my body. Remember that it is more than a number on a scale.

Yes, these ideas are abstract. No, I didn't really answer the question. I'm still finding the plan that best suits me. I reckon the journey is just as valuable as the results, so I'm doing my best to enjoy it. :D

For the Record:
Weight: 249
Date: 12/30/06

JD2B
12-31-2006, 09:18 AM
I wanted my goal to be more of something rather than less.

State your goal: Eat at least 4 servings of fruits and vegetables per day.
Five Actions:
(action) -- shop once per week for fresh vegetables -- Monday or Wednesday will work, after work
(action) -- before the veggies go in the fridge, prepare them for eating
(action) -- pack a week's worth of veggie/fruit snack bags on the weekend for the week at work
(action) -- on the weekend, saute a veggie mix that can stay in the fridge for quick dinners
(action) -- try one new fruit or vegetable each month

Goddess Jessica
04-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Quarterly Check-Up!

How are you doing on these New Year's Resolutions?

Here were my goals:
Lose 10% of my body weight each quarter!
Five Actions:
Pack a healthy lunch to work everyday!
Get on the treadmill 5 days a week!
Swim twice a week.
Cook dinner at least 4 times a week.
Journal, journal, journal.

The GOOD! Okay, I'm down around 6-1/2% for this quarter. A little slower than I wanted but I think I'll meet 10% by the end of the month. I've been packing my lunch 3 days a week, I've joined the YMCA so I'm swimming twice a week but not necessarily on the treadmill everyday. I think I'll adapt that to exercise 5 days a week.

The BAD! Not cooking 4 times a week. Up from last year but not quite to 4. My new produce pick-up should increase this. Journalling? What's that?

How are YOU doing?

djs06
04-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks for dragging this one up, Jessica!

Action 1: Gym workouts 4x a week, yoga 2x- I've been doing GREAT with the gym... at least 4 times.. yoga once, but that's fine, i've reevaluated and I'm happy with my exercise time.. yay!
Action 2: See a therapist to deal with food and other issues- uhhh.... ummmm... not so much yet
Action 3: Meditate!!!! - not as much as I'd like to
Action 4: Practice self-control in social food/alcohol situations- YES! I think I've only drank to the point of semi-drunkenness once this year ,and here and there I've had a glass of wine, but pretty much no drinking... no calories to waste! Food situation is 100% better too.
Action 5: Eat slower. I really need to practice this one. -BETTER but still needs some work.

Overall I'm happy with my progress so far this year, it's slow but it's moving in the right direction.

GirlyGirlSebas
04-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Goal - to consistently lose inches each month and reduce my body fat percentage from 50% to 30%. Also, to be able to run 5 miles and to be able to swim 50 laps by the end of the year. I lose weight very very slowly and get easily discouraged. I have decided to change my focus from the scales to changes in my body shape, stamina and strength. Also, my hubby has asked for me to work with him to help both of us lose the weight and get in shape...so, this will be a family focus this year.

Actions
1 - Cardio training/5xweek for 60 minutes, strength training/whole body 2xweek, stretching/daily.
4 - Plan weekly menus, buy the groceries and cook at least 1/2 of the meals myself. (My hubby will be sooooo happy!)

Oh no! I'm not doing very well on meeting my goals! I better get cracking! The good new is that I'm still in the negative on the pounds....as long as I can keep the scales moving in the right direction, I will consider this as a good year.

SexyRevealed
04-03-2007, 03:39 PM
OK, I wasn't around for this one, but I would like to add my goal and actions now.

Goal:
Lose as many pounds as I possibly can in 2007. I'm aiming for 2 pounds per week, but I know that plateaus are part of the game and I will not let those derail my committment. So I will put down a goal of 90 pounds for the year.

Actions:
1. Smarter, healther eating with an appropriate calorie range (currently 1700 calories)
2. Exercise 4-5 times per week, progressing my time and/or intensity weekly
3. Pack lunch/snacks for work and cook dinner more frequently
4. Incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet (less processed foods)
5. Post to 3FC and other sites to help keep me accountable

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First quarter results: I've lost 18.8 pounds. I was off to a late start (Jan 22) so I think I've done well. Eating has been 90%+ on plan, exercise has been great. I still need to cook dinner more and get more fruits and veggies. And 3FC has definitely helped keep the motivation up.

I will love to see where I am in July!

Penney
04-03-2007, 08:54 PM
OUCH JESSICA!! This is going to be painful........

Oh dear - here goes

State your goal: To lose at least 60 pounds by May and to be able to participate in a road race with my husband this summer. HA! There is no way that is going to happen.....

Five Actions:
(action) I will continue to be a non-smoker - Working on it - still having the occasional slip - but everyday I work at it.
(action) I will continue eating within my plan and drinking within my plan - This one is pretty good
(action) I will keep up with my cardio/aerobic training twice a week and work-up to jogging by February - Okay for the most part - this is three times a week - tried jogging - thought I was going to die and went back to walking, going to Curves or doing a dvd.
(action) I will continue lifting weights 3 times a week - This is 2 to 3 times a week - unless I am really sore - then I give myself a break.
(action) I will start doing yoga at least twice a week - I was doing this for a while - then my daughter gave it up and I just did not like getting up at 0430 by myself... LOL

Okay - so all in all - I am not a complete failure - but I certainly would not call myself an over-achiever. Thanks for refreshing my brain Jessica. Time to get back on the stick.

rockinrobin
04-04-2007, 06:33 AM
Over in the maintainance forum they pulled up their resolution/goal thread from last year. It would be interesting if we do the same thing, so that in a year's time we can see how we did with our goals. I'm going to state my weight and date for the record - 218 pounds on December 20, 2006,

My main goal is to get somewhere in the 120's on or before my 44th birthday, November 12, 2007. I don't know exactly what number I'd like to be having not been there for 2 decades. So I'll kinda see how it goes as I get closer. Okay so first off the bat, I have adjusted my goal weight to make it more attainable. I upped it to 135. I will reaccess as I get closer. I will see if I am still losing weight when I get down to 135 WITHOUT going to drastic measures (eating too little calories and exercising for hours a day, I feel this to be unhealthy and I am NOT willing to resort to that.

My actions and goals are kind of intertwined and are as follows.

1 - I would like to remain eating healthy foods in normal-sized portions, with the occasional treat in extremely small portions So far so good on this one, which to me is the most vital.
2- I would like to see my activity level steadily increasing, so that by the time 2008 rolls around there is nothing that I won't try. Before 2007 is over I would like to be an active member of a gym, doing strength training and cardio. Well I have most certainly increased my activity level, but funny enough my goal has changed on this one. As of now, and of course that can change again, I see no need to join a gym. None. I'm doing everything that needs to be right here at home. For now I am more then satisfied where I am fitness wise.
3- I want my healthy eating to be a totally and completely natural thing for me, therefore allowing me to STOP OBSESSING about it. I would love to go a day without thinking about food, for once in my life. Hmmm. Well this one, who knows, another one I may have to change my goal on. Yes, I am still obsessing about my food. I'm not so sure anymore if that's a bad thing. I am afraid if I ever stop obsessing about it now that it's in a good way, I would become complacent. I'm not sure if I EVER want to let my guard down.
4- I would really like to eventually get down to weighing myself just once a week. And if the results were not to my liking, deal with it in a sensible manner, not freak out, and then make whatever adjustments were needed. Once I get to goal, I never, ever want to be more then 3 or 4 pounds past it. Another goal I think I will have to change. I am back to weighing myself once a day. It didn't last for more then a few days my going without it. Again I've decided that weighing myself everyday is a gret way to keep myself accountable. I really NEED to see that number every day. Avoidance got me NO WHERE prior to this. Altough I am THRILLED to report I NO LONGER FREAK OUT AT FLUCTUATIONS. If my weight creeps up during the week by a pound or two, I'm really okay with it. It does happen from time to time.
5- I would like to be able to bake cookies and family favorites for my family once again and have friends and family over for meals again. I can't do this right now because I will definitely overeat. At least I think I would. I want to know that I can do these things once again without blowing my "diet". I'm doing very well on this one. I have baked cookies for my family with very good results. I have had company over and have not broken the bank, the calorie bank that is.

I wish us all good luck in obtaining our goals. Maybe we could bring the thread back up again every 3 months or so and see how we're doing.

I have lost 45 pounds since I wrote that. 45!!!!! And I have kept up to everything that I feel needed to be and as you can see, I've tweaked things about and I am very happy about the changes I have implemented. Overall I'd give me an A plus.

Goddess Jessica
04-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Wow! I am so proud of all of you!

Robin! 45 pounds since you wrote it? Amazing! You are the awesome!

Sheila53
04-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Eat 5 small, balanced meals per day
I've been pretty good about doing this. Not 100%, but close to it.

Take my daily vitamins
Again, pretty darn good about doing this, too. I'm especially good about taking calcium, but sometimes I forget the multivitamin.

35-60 min. of cardio 6 days per week with an "active" rest day
I'm on target with this one.

Heavy lifting 5-6 days per week
Breaking my arm kind of put a crimp in this, but prior to that, I was right on.

Avoid self-medicating with food by doing research, getting therapy or any other means possible
Surprisingly, when I broke my arm, I ate less rather than more. And I did have an appointment to see someone about this issue, but had to cancel. Will reschedule once things settle down. I've been reading books like Mindful Eating, which is helpful.

Thanks for bringing this up, GJ! BTW, have I told you lately how much I really like your avatar? Your smile makes me smile!

Goddess Jessica
04-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Awww Shelia! You always make my day!

GirlyGirlSebas
12-31-2007, 05:23 PM

Actions

So, how did we do this year? Wow, talk about good intentions and all that...yada yada yada. The good news is that I did lose some weight this year and kept it off. I had started walking on the treadmill everyday, but messed up my knee and had to stop for a while. I've never started back up. No good reason...just never did. And, I've not been cooking 1/2 of the meals. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.:D (I'm not a real good cook) And, I never re-read Dr. Phil's Weight Loss Challenge. I really need to do this.

I must confess, it was a little sad to read some of the posts from our missing friends. Hope they come back and join us again.