Support Groups - Happy Holidays! (home of the loozing floozies #06)

4myloves
12-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!!

:hohoho: :han: :gift2: :stardav: :snowglo:

May you have all you wish for the holiday season!

4myloves
12-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Huh. Just realized we have no Christian Christmas emoticon.

Oh well, imagine a nativity scene or something.

coles
12-19-2006, 07:51 AM
Good Morning All,
I was just wondering if any of you have tried the Master Cleanse?

Deelite
12-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Janice what is the master cleanse? Is it like a robotic vacuum?

Shelley sorry for not responding to your MIL gift question. I haven't been on line for a couple of days. My back was acting up. It is better today. What kind of gift..... I know my parents have everything they want and almost everything I buy mom gets returned for something else so maybe I am not much help. Grocery gift card to a specialty store might be best.
Oh yeah I love that bike, but my question to you is what are hiding behind your back? Is it one of our cute elves? Gayle's going to be mad if you don't share!
I hope that you are having a festive week.

Cheryl I am surprised that there isn't any christian emoticon. That isn't good but I do have a great imagination! On the weekend we had the kids over for a feast of appitizers and then we took them to "Live Bethlehem". It was a walk through play with live animals. It was the most awesome thing I have ever seen. The acting was unbelievable. You were a part of the village and the play.

Gayle I am sending you a pick me upper maybe it will be one of those small packages.

Suzy I will have to fly out and help you decorate your house. I love decorating.

Allison I am surprised that you are only putting up a little tree. I remember one year just deorating a live fig tree I had. We were all disappointed that I never did that again. The main thing is enjoying our family and friends.

Vouge where are you? If you are having a couple of bad weeks that's ok, we all have. Come and post we will support and cheer you up.

Well time to get off this duff I am going to go swimming. I think that will hurt my back the least.

Have a happy one.

alinnell
12-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Dee, I intended to put lights on my new fake palm tree (it's over 8 feet tall) but once the lights got on, it looked horrible. The work involved with putting up the fake Christmas tree is just too much this year. I'm sure I'll do better next year. Tonight I'll get DH to get my storage boxes down so I can put up some other decorations. After that, it'll be more festive. In the mean time, I got a nice "up light" for the base of the palm tree so it is illuminated at night. Your bike is really nice! How far do you usually go? My brother is in a bike club in Utah and he organizes a lot of charity rides for his club. Most rides are 100's of miles, but other than that, he rides to and from work when the weather permits, plus more, so about 50 miles per day.

I was wondering where vogue went also.

My MIL is pretty easy to buy for, it's my parents that I have problems with. This year, I'll be sending them an assortment of soups from Trader Joes. They don't have TJ's in Utah and they love the boxed soups.

coles
12-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Dee- Master Cleanse is also called the Lemonaide Diet.
The idea is to totally cleanse all your body systems.

ShelleyM
12-20-2006, 06:25 AM
Dee-Hee, Hee! I hadn't heard of the Master Cleanse, but I assumed it was a diet thing. I'll be having a master cleanse when I go in Jan 4 for a colonoscopy! :)You are too funny, thinking it was a house cleaning thing.

Janice-Is it supposed to clean the toxins from your body, and is it a fast? I am going to google it and check it out.

I ended up getting MIL a Magic Bullet. She can either return it or shove it, whichever she wants to do :)

coles
12-20-2006, 07:10 AM
Yes it is supposed to clean the toxins out of your body and it is a fast.
It is water, fresh squeezed lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper.
A side effect is weight loss because you don't eat anything.
You also drink water mixed with sea salt to keep the plumbing moving.
I figure it would be a good way to get rid of the sugar cravings after Christmas.
I am all ready for Christmas but still need to get a turkey.
I went to the gym yesterday, it was empty, everyone is just too busy I guess.

vouge09
12-20-2006, 02:32 PM
im back , sorry I dont know I just didnt get around to gettign on 3fc. Im doing alright, I went through another bad diet week and Im having toruble right now with like 877367gr887t876t87 christmas cookies in the house bad I dont know. I just need some motivation.

shelly- I love what you said about the majc bullet hah.

coles- what the **** are you talking about? Thats crazy!

allison- we have two christmas tress , both fake haha ones my sisters from her old apartment and one is ours. you gotta put up a tree.

dee- im here sorry I havent been posting I dont know been kinda depressed for no reason.

coles
12-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Vouge - Your response sure made me laugh. Everyone knows I'm always looking for the quick fix in weight loss!

angieks
12-20-2006, 11:29 PM
Hi all. Just finished up exercising and wanted to say hi.
Thanks for all the laughs over the Master Cleanse. Oh the possiblities the mind entertains.

Dee, I wish swimming was an option for me. I son't swim well but would love the chance to get better. I'm so jeallous of you. Hope you enjoyed your swim

Coles-if you try the Master Cleanse--let us know how it turns out.

Vogue-hi nice to meet you. I'm kinda new here. I look forward to "seeing " you here and "talking" to you. This time of year lots of people are depressed. I was before I found all of you. I'm really feeling better with friends like you.

Shelley and allison--I caught up with you two on the exercise thread.
Hope to see you there again tomorrow.

gdeann
12-21-2006, 02:03 AM
Sorry I haven't posted the past few days, busier then usual here. I hope everyone is ready for Christmas...I guess I am! I need to haul out all the presents and see were I'm at...regardless, money and my temperment is telling me I'm finished. LOL!

Allison celebrated her 8th birthday Monday, I remember joining this group shortly after she was born. How time flies!
She had braces fitted today....well almost....she has asthma so she can't be pre-medicated with the medicine the doctor usually uses to help with the gag reflex and to calm them. Once we arrived and they started working on her she started coughing, gagging and finally vomiting. They need to have everything really dry to attach the implements. They did the front four teeth on the top/bottom. We will go back in 6 weeks to do the side bottoms then 6weeks later for the side tops. I'm kinda relieved it will be split into thirds since she is so young. The doctor even said no point in stressing her out any more then need be. I'm keeping her out of school tomorrow and medicated just to be on the safe side.

Janice, I have heard of the master cleanse but have never tried it. I think it would work great for a short period of a few days as a detox.

Well, better go! I've been checking in, just not posting. I'll try to do better!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

gdeann
12-21-2006, 02:06 AM
Shelley, I forgot to mention...the bike is great! I wish I could afford to buy Steve one! He wants a racing bike soooooooo bad! He was looking at a Trek for I think around 1,500-1,800.

vouge09
12-21-2006, 09:59 AM
I dont even know why im kinda depressed its christmas! I dont know. My family has alot of money problems and my mom I hear her crying cause she hasnt been able to buy one christmas gift yet and doesnt know what shes going to be able to get and no matter how much I tell her its ok she doesnt seem to take it in. I know its hard but its the story of our life. struggling with bills and having things shut off and back on over and over. I dont even know if I am going to be able to go to college in 2 years . Thats what my mom was upset about too. I can get scholarships but not enough to pay for all of my school. I am smart enough to go to a university but we all know we wont have money and it depresses me cause thats what I want more than anything. I am so depressed in my diet too I have all sense of motivation and althought I have been good for 2 days right now I dont know how long thats going to last. whats it worth me dieting and turning down sweets and excersising every day and doing my hair and makeup nice if no one is going to notice. I am sick of playing this game of trying to get a guy to like me , and looking extra nice for no one to notice. I have little to no self confidence left and I dont know how much longer I can go on caring about losing weight. I used to be so happy and so good and no I dont even look at myself and smile anymore. I dont see any worth in myself . I am never going to be able to live my dream , I am never going to be able to go to college and be as successful as I can be so what is the point of trying so hard? So i can later fail? So I can work so hard to be told that I cannot go to my dream school and make something of myself after high school beacause we cannot afford it? I work so hard I am suppossed to be in 10th grade but i have enough credits to be in 11th. But I am choosing to stay in school rather than graduate early so I can learn more cause I like to learn. I can get a job anywhere either and what pisses me off is all summer and now I fill out a million applications and wanna work so bad , when my crackhead drug addict friend fills out one and gets hired when I know shes using that money to buy pot. I want a job to save to have a chance for college and she gets a job so she can afford drugs. I really dont know why life chooses to pick on me. I work so hard am such a dreamer and so capable of doing some good in this world but nature wont let me. Nature chooses to have nothing right ever work out for me, and throw me **** since I was 10 years old.
When I was 10 years old my family wa sin so much debt we had to foreclose our house in chicago and move to florida. 5 pepole lived in a 3 bedroom duplex in a ghetto neighboorhood. I shared a bed with my sister for two years and my borhters room was about as big as a walk in closet. we moved into a nicer house in 2003 but had to leave there cause the landlords raised the price and it cost too much so I moved here now in june. I had to leave all my friends my life. I hate it here. I dont know how much more I can take. at times I just want to save $ run away hop on a greyhound and go back to my house in chicago. If I ever am rich somehow I am going to buy that house back and live in that house in chicago again. I hate florida so much. I dont like the heat , I hate the beach, I hate pepole here. So yeah that my be why I am so depressed.

gdeann
12-21-2006, 10:27 AM
Vouge, I remember as a teenager, everything seemed so challenging and impossible. There is a reason you are having struggles in your life, you won't know now, but sometime in your life you will realize why you have had to face so many struggles. I know your mom feels bad about not being able to afford Christmas, but the gifts are not the reason we celebrate anyway. Why not each member of the family make a homemade gift? You have access online, you will find tons of info on making great gifts on a budget. I know you want to go to a university, you may just need to settle for a community college until you can see a way. You should be able to get grants etc. locally with your high grades. As far as losing weight, none of us here can make you lose weight but we sure can be here to support you through the challenges. You are a very pretty girl no matter what size you are and you also have a compassionate heart which is worth millions in todays world. Here's a hug for you today... {{{HUG}}}

alinnell
12-21-2006, 11:51 AM
Christmas is a very depressing time of the year for a lot of people. So, vogue, you are not alone.

You can still get into a university. Apply everywhere! Then apply for scholarships. There are usually a lot of scholarships for people that cannot afford tuition--and most of those are tied to the particular school, so you cannot apply for the scholarship until after you've been accepted to the school. If that fails, there are student loans as well as grants. You have to really sell yourself to get scholarships, so start thinking positive on that front.

My DD is also depressed this year. She has gained weight and feels bad about herself and has no motivation to change. She got a new manager at work and she feels that he "has it out for her" and I'm thinking if she doesn't start doing as he requests she might get fired (or quit out of frustration). She is failing a class and doesn't seem to grasp the idea that if she fails she will have to attend summer school which means her trip to China is in jeopardy.

Good luck to you.

vouge09
12-21-2006, 02:13 PM
Gayle- Thanks for your support. you know I dont even care about the presents whatsoever , I dont care if I get one piece of anything for christmas. Its just upsetting that I know I could acheive so much but i may have to settle for a crappy community college beacause my family cant afford anything. I know everything thats happened in my life has made me a better person, im not a brat teenager and I have value in everything. I heard a girl yesterday say I better get a new ipod. I wanted to slap her in the face. if she had half the life I do she wouldnt survive a single day. I know about the weight thing. I want to but cant seem to hold on to any motvation. im sick of being lonely is the problem. if I had a special guy in my life things may be a little diffrent in that department.

allison- TRIP TO CHINA WHAT?? Thats so bizaree , your letting her go to china? I wanted to go on a european trip with school and my mom laughed at me and said nope. If I dont get enough scholoarships I wont be going anywhere and Ill be stuck here forever.

4myloves
12-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Anyone on?

Wanna chat?

I'll be in the chat room until around 1:30--type "4mself" so I'll hear you talking to me!

alinnell
12-21-2006, 02:20 PM
vogue, the trip to China for DD is with her concert band. They will be performing at the Bejing Music Olympics. This will be her 2nd international tour--two years ago, the band went to Australia and New Zealand and performed at the Sydney Opera House. I know she is looking forward to the trip--I hope she doesn't screw anything up.

vouge09
12-21-2006, 05:40 PM
wow. thats amazing. I went to disney world in 8th grade when i used to play the clairinet and thats about it. ha

ShelleyM
12-22-2006, 08:27 AM
Vogue-My DD goes to USF, and it has been all with her Bright Futures and other scholorships. We haven't paid much out of pocket at all. You can do the same. Junior year is the time to start looking and applying for scholorships. Becky also does a workstudy thing to get her through school. You can go to a university, and you can go it all yourself, just by your grades, SAT and ACT scores, and working. USF (don't you actually live near there?) has many grants available. She loves it there and highly recommends it. Let your mom know that the presents don't matter as much as she thinks. Like Gayle says, homemade presents are the best.

SuzyMc
12-22-2006, 11:41 AM
Vouge ~ Shelley is right, if you want it bad enough and are willing to work for it then you can pretty much go to any school you want. There are lots of people here who have been through the process so listen to them...they know what they are talking about!

Also, homemade gifts or gifts from the heart are the best...I would rather get them over just about anything! Coupons for helping around the house, washing the car, babysitting, or even a hug...things like that are great and you can print them right off of the computer!

Gayle ~ Poor Ali! I hope the next trip to the ortho goes better for her. How is she feeling now?

Janice ~ Come on girl...you know there are no quick fixes! The weight didn't come on over night and drinking that nasty mess isn't going to take it off over night either. The only way to get the weight off and keep it off is diet and exercise.

As soon as Christmas is over the tree is coming down, the leftovers are going in the garbage and I'm getting serious about diet and exercise again. I'm holding at 150, but I want to get the last 10 pounds off by summer!

4myloves
12-22-2006, 05:57 PM
I love you all!!!

Happy 1st day of Winter!

Merry Christmas!

Happy last day(s) of Hanukkah!

vouge09
12-22-2006, 07:12 PM
i had made a long post before about colleges and I guess it didnt post. darn it! I dont feel like typing it again but I can say we have had a spread of luck in our house and christmas is going to be great after all. Not that I care about presents but my mom does and she is super happy now so I am in a good good mood. things are nice. my grandma send us 2 cheesecakes for x-mas . that was a surprise so yeah things are turning out pretty good. thanks to everyone whos been so supportive the past two days or so,:-)

alinnell
12-22-2006, 08:11 PM
You will have a merry Christmas, vogue. But stay away from the cheesecake!!!! LOL

We had a party at work and bought Mexican food for all the guys. Everyone was very appreciative. I spent most of my morning with one of my guys at urgent care--he hurt his back on the job and was in so much pain he couldn't fill out the paperwork. One of our VERY best employees, too. It's just a muscle thing, thank goodness. We'll put him on restricted duty for a couple of weeks to make sure he heels well.

ShelleyM
12-23-2006, 07:56 AM
Vogue-So happy to hear things are better at your house.

This holiday season really has me thinking about all the dear Floozies who I grew so close to and miss sorely: Sherry, Ramona, Debbie, Doni, Vicki, Jennelle. Even though you all have not been around, I still consider you my close friends. Please know that I am thinking about all of you and if you are perhaps lurking, please check in just to say hi or happy holidays!!

alinnell
12-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Love your new avatar, Shelley!

coles
12-23-2006, 12:04 PM
Vouge - I am so happy that you are more upbeat now. I was worried about you.

SuzyMc
12-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day here. Everyone will be here for a lasagna dinner, then we will all go to church together and then back here for presents and lots of snacks. Christmas will be much quieter. Tim and I will be on our own, but it will be nice to spend a nice quiet day together with nothing to do!

:tree: Have a very merry Christmas everyone!

gdeann
12-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Sounds like our day Suzy! We will have church in the morning, lunch out with relatives, home to bake, to my mom's home for food & presents, then 10:00 mass. Can you say FUN!!! LOL!
Christmas morning, up bright and early for Santa, then on to a FULL day at MIL's. I can't wait until the day after Christmas so I can rest!

Vouge, no other gift can compare in the world to the little angel that blessed your family just a month ago. I'm happy to hear things are better, sending special Christmas wishes to you this magical season.

Shelley, were the girls happy with the gifts? Are you going to MIL's Christmas day? I love the new pic! Complaint though...it's not big enough, I can't see you very well.

Dee, are you here sweetie or did you run off with an elf??

Cheryl, thank you for keeping this board up and running over the past year, it is appreciated. I hope you continue into 2007, I think we all agree, you are the best! Merry Christmas!!!

Well, Allison is adjusting to the braces, she was relieved to go to school and the other kids thinking they were cool. She is the only one her age with them and was afraid she would be teased. Now, she is fighting allergies or something...running a temp off & on and coughing like crazy. She just finished a breathing treatment and seems to be doing better.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF MY FLOOZIE FRIENDS! Sending wishes for a blessed holiday & happy New Year! I am so happy I have all of you as friends, you are the best gifts I could ever ask for!

Lynneye
12-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Happy to report, I am tying on my new laptop!!! Yes, Santa came a couple days early here! Rob and I decided to do our gifts tonight and have a little Christmas together. We are going to my Mom's tomorrow and wanted some "us" time.

Vogue, I work at the local university, I teach there. I can help you with many suggestions. Do not give up on education!!! It is so important! After Christmas, we will "chat" and I will helop you in any way I can. I know a lot of ins and out of university life!

Wishing everyone here a very Merry Christmas and all the best of the season! Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

ShelleyM
12-24-2006, 08:32 AM
Congratulations, Debbi! I can tell you are enjoying it.

Gayle-Yeah! I was wondering about how young Allison is with braces. Most kids do think they're cool. She seems quite young to have started with them though.

Vogue-Gayle is right. Your most blessed present is the tiny child that was born in your family. Enjoy your Christmas.

Cheryl, Yes! Thank you so much for keeping this board going.

coles
12-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Merry Christmas Everyone!!

vouge09
12-24-2006, 01:07 PM
thanks so much lynn!!!

Today we are baking and eating this bread my dad has always made , theres no recipie he keeps it a secret in his head and its called pizza bread but its amazing!! Im no excited. I can say i have gained at least 5 lbs these past days of cookieing. i am hoping for a stationary bike or ablounge for x-mas but even if I dont get that the diet is coming back on dec.26th no excuses . I need to do this for no one else but me. I want to mainly be in better shape overall. I know I look better 30 lbs or so off then I did in september and I do have a few 'sexy' curves and new body parts I obsesses over like prominet chest bones and shapely arms. so I like the way I look but hey im a woman so I have self concious periods im also 16 and cant help but be self concious. but I need to think of the saying ' love yourself and everyone will love you' I need to learn to embrace me and love myself. My main goal is to get in shape for swimming, and tennis and weightlifting , next year and who nows I would like to be on the track team , I am a really good hurdle jumper. but those are my 2007 goals. Ive made goals like that before, and I can do it if I want to. I lost 30 lbs with motivation and now I need to keep that motive throughout 2007. Learn to love me and i can do anything.

Lynn- Man do I need a new computer...if I could only get a job.....

Shelly- aww he is such a darling. He looks like a little cherb when he is sleeping. yesterday he fell asleep with his pinky up his nose it was so cute. you know whenever I see your name I cant help but think of that ellen degreneres american express card with the animals and the turtle named shelly.

Alli- I love mexican food, come to think of it , I hate any 'american food' really besides burgers and hotdogs and pizza, I love chinese and mexican, I dont like indian very much...hope your coworkers ok , sounds serious.

coles- thanks I usaully am really upbeat i just get sad periods.

galyle- sonds busy we basically dot he same but stay home I have to got o church at midnight. may not sound like much for a youngin' like me but i seriously go to bed at 8:30-9:00 everynight I am goign to be sleeping through mass!Thanks , babys great too. read what I wrote to shelly!

suzy- we are so italian , my mom makes lasanga for everything, fresh biscottis, and canolis! I always say thats exactly why you've never heard of a 'skinny' italian! Carb fest!

coles
12-24-2006, 07:49 PM
T'was The Diet After Christmas ~

T'was the day after Christmas, and all through the house
Not a darn thing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste
At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber),
I'd remember the marvellous meals I'd prepared;
The gravies, and sauces, and beef nicely rared,

The wine and the rum-balls, the bread and the cheese,
And the way that I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
As I dressed myself up, in my husband's old shirt,
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt -

I said to myself, (as only I can),
"You can't spend the winter disguised as a man!"
So, away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, each cracker, and chip,

Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
'til all the unwanted ounces have vanished!
I won't have a cookie, not even a lick...
I'll just have to chew on a celery stick.

I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie;
I'll munch on a carrot, and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore -
But isn't that what January is for?

Unable to giggle, no longer a riot...
Happy New Year to all, and to all a good diet!

vouge09
12-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Coles- That makes me mourn all the goodies I have been eating but at the same time makes me laugh. thanks haha.

Sherry
12-24-2006, 09:45 PM
:rudolph:MERRY CHRISTMAS FLOOZIES!!!!:rudolph:

I wanted to say hello to all and hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas.I've been thinking of you a lot. My life has settled down a lot so maybe I'm ready to post again soon. I'll catch up with you about "my story" later.

I really love & miss you all!
Sherry

ShelleyM
12-25-2006, 07:38 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MY SPECIAL FLOOZIE FRIENDS!!

Sherry-I have tears in my eyes, knowing that you have been thinking about us. I can't wait until you come back and "talk." I really miss you.

Janice-I loved your poem.

Everybody else-Enjoy your families today and don't fret over goodies. Soon a new year will be starting and we can do it all over again!

vouge09
12-25-2006, 02:01 PM
A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT.

:rudolph::wreath::tree:

SuzyMc
12-25-2006, 06:08 PM
:xcheer: Merry Christmas Floozies! :xcheer:

Sherry ~ It's wonderful to see you again! I'm looking forward to catching up with you!

Janice ~ I loved the poem! It's so true too...tomorrow it's back to work and time to get really serious! Actually I am looking forward to eating healthy again and getting back on track!

Have a great holiday everyone...back to the kitchen for me to get dinner ready. I'll catch up with everyone else later!

ShelleyM
12-25-2006, 06:31 PM
I haven't stopped eating today. Mostly sweets at inlaws, after a huge meal. Tomorrow will be no sweets day!

Deelite
12-26-2006, 12:19 AM
Merry Christmas to my friends. Hey even to my long lost buddy Sherry. Nice surprise to see a post from you and to think that you still think of us.

I hope that you all had a wonderful christmas. I sure did.

xoxo

alinnell
12-26-2006, 03:47 PM
After a wonderful holiday yesterday, I woke up to a headache of a day........

First, I got a horrible nights sleep.
I didn't exercise because we have house guests and I didn't want to wake anyone up at 4:30 AM on my Nordic Track.
I went into work early and still can't figure out how to fix a problem on our accounting program.
Then I picked up DD for her driving test. We take her new car and they refused to allow her to take the test because their system does not show the car in it yet (by VIN #). I guess the dealership hasn't submitted the paperwork yet and their rules state that you have to have the registration. I have the DMV form showing that we are the registered owners, but they wouldn't accept their own form! DD was in tears (well, me too) and I'm physically sick to my stomach over this. They want her to wait 2 more weeks before she can take the test. All because of thier own weird paperwork mess. I ended up calling and getting her an appointment next Tuesday at the DMV in a different city.
So then, I get home and my brand new washer has an error message blinking on it......my drain filter is clogged. I don't even know where the drain filter is!
Oh, and my weight went up 3 pounds this weekend. I'll be changing my ticker (and working hard to fix this come Thursday when the house guests leave).

I hope everyone else is having a better day than I am!

vouge09
12-26-2006, 05:15 PM
aww allison, how old is your daughter? I had almost the same problem when I went to get my learners permit. I did have an original birthcirtificate cause my mom lost it somewhere but she had copies and I told her it wouldnt work but she said it would , sure enought it didnt and i had to wait 2 weeks for papers to be sent. I dont know for sure how much my weight has gone up but I know at least 3-5 lbs. which I am gettign off.

I did 30 mins of tae bo today with my sister.
I have a new teqnique . when I see brownines or pies ( like the 4 left over in my fridge) and want some get ready to laugh but I will talk to the dessert and insult it to make me not want any. for example today looking at the left over pumpkin pie I said to it " You are ugly , you are filled with sugar and cream and fat fat fat. I dont need you. I dont want you, you make me sick ." and sure enough I did not want anymore at all. its silly but it works.

ShelleyM
12-27-2006, 07:58 AM
Allison-I hope today is better for you. I feel really bad for your DD. I know how they get their hearts set on something, and then when it doesn't happen, it's a very depressing situation. As a mom, you wish you could make it go away, but sometimes things are just out of our control. Everything happens for a reason, so hopefully all will turn out well come next Tuesday! I was up a couple of lbs also yesterday morning, but I started Core and guess what? Today I am back down. Take it one day at a time!

I am so proud of myself! 1 day without sweets. Yay for me!

alinnell
12-27-2006, 12:25 PM
We all went to Olive Garden last night, and I guess those breadsticks weren't the best option! Up another half pound.

The houseguests leave today, though, so it's back to exercising in the morning.

The weather here is rather nasty. Rain and high winds. They are expecting snow in the mountains. My dog (the yellow lab) had a coniption this morning because he heard thunder. I had to lock him in DS's room in order to get out of the house to get to work! Poor old guy!

DD is doing fine. She's disappointed but realizes that there is nothing we could have done other than not take the new car for the test. Should have used my car instead.

Have a great day everyone!

4myloves
12-27-2006, 12:30 PM
please Stop!!!!!

A New Thread Has Been Started!!