Support Groups - Hot & Healthy Challenge Chick's 12/17/06 !!

Jasmine31
12-17-2006, 04:22 PM
I will post more tomorrow but just wanted to start the new thread! :carrot:

martiniforme
12-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Ennay: You're a bit of a "health nut" hehe, or so I've assumed/noticed. One thing I did learn with all the piercings that I've had is this:
If you won't stick it in your eye, why put it anywhere else?
My body piercer, Rob, taught me that. And he showed me studies they had done with various people who have had piercings in the past. So I tried it. These were my results:
Pain was more manageable, healing time (approx 6 months for the average piercing to be fully healed) was cut in half by 1/3, and it was cheaper!
What did I use?
1. Dr. Bronner's Lavender Soap (http://www.drbronner.com/index.html)
2. Tea Tree Oil (http://www.teatreeplace.com/)
3. Sea Salts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_salt)

Polysporin and Neosporin contain medicinal ingredients, some variations even contain codien, not to mention if you don't check for low phosphates, they can contain a high number of phosphates.

Just a tid bit of info for you :) I've had many, many piercings, majority of them being oral (center lip, corner lip, tongue, monroe, and medusa), and I LIVE by the above mentioned for most everything, and have had nothing but good experiences. At the very least, something you could look in to if you're interested :)

Sorry ladies, I responded to this one because it's an area that I pride myself in having studied quite extensively, and know a bit about. But be sure that I've read all of your posts :) Congrats to those who have lost, and chins up for those who are in a bit of a rut. We all have them (myself included, frequently!), and tomorrow is a new day :) If you've hit a plateau, there are a number of conventional (and unconventional) methods that you could look in to, ways to "kick start" your metabolism in to losing again.

I realize that I've been MIA. I was enjoying the free time I had to myself, but was enjoying it a little too much. I ate poorly, completely ignored my food schedule, and ingested far too many foods high in sugar. But DF is back, and I'm back on my "wagon." Not much more to report than that. Goal has changed for this challenge. To maintain, and lose what I can. No specific number, but I am definitely not going to come close to my goal. That's alright. I haven't gone above where I started, so for that I am thankful.

Hope you all had a great weekend!
~Mande

loveandlaughalways
12-18-2006, 02:08 AM
Okay, I have to get my fanny in gear again. It seems I lose interest weekly though I know this is important to me. It seems I get side tract. My husband is home right now on his days off from work and I think that does it for me everytime. My routine gets interupted. Hmmm I will have to figure out something to do about that trigger point. Thinking...thinking...

I have to see the doctor tomorrow for a follow up on my lab work for the osteopenia. The labs showed a deficiency in Vitamin D which is important for my bones to absorb the calcium. Possible osteomalacia. So the 1500mg of calcium isn't going to do me any good without the vitamin D. I always thought I was out in the sun enough, but apparently not. I can't think of anything else that would cause vit D deficiency. I will have to research this further...

I will keep you informed...

It is really cold here 27 degrees. Buurrrrr!!! But no snow:-(

loveandlaughalways
12-18-2006, 02:12 AM
Here is my me and my kids putting up lights in the cold having fun pretending its not cold.

martiniforme
12-18-2006, 02:14 AM
Ennay: Also, I wanted to say I'm sorry about DS. You would think that in times like that, everyone would use the other for support. But it's like you have all this stress from having a sick child, and when things start to calm down a bit, the stress leaks out, and who's there for us to take it out on? Eachother. I call that normal. DF and I are like that to a capital "T." When things smooth out, so will you guys.

miafluker
12-18-2006, 08:07 AM
hey everyone here the beginning of a new week

dollypie
12-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Good Morning Chicks,

Well after a busy weekend I am down one pound. So one more pound until I reach my New Year's Goal. Hopefully this week at work will go by really fast and then off for a week. That should be relaxing. I hope everyone is starting off with a good week!

ennay: Sorry to hear about DS. The weather changes in the Big Easy can be horrible. It is the same where I am in Texas. It makes alot of people sick. One week it can be in the 30s and then like this week in the 70s.

JasonsLea: I am with you with the peppermints. Bath and Bodyworks makes this peppermint lip gloss that is fairly strong, and when I put that one my appetite goes away. I don't actually like the sugary feeling on my teeth the candy leaves. Altoids are also a good option.

jcatron243
12-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Hi everyone!!!! Its monday, my fave day of the week Its technically my humpday workwise, but I love to restart on Mondays! I am just working on maintaining where I am now, I know myself and I have 2 dinners plus a breakfast to deal with for christmas then my annual christmas party (closer to new years for work) I know that I will eat and drink and be merry!! So as long as I can maintain my 163 I will be more than thrilled.

Loveandlaugh~ I love your picture!!

Sharri~I too work in the food service industry. It is my BIGGEST BIGGEST obstacle. Lately it has been my problem, I ate chicken broccoli and rice so much that now It just doesnt' seem complete (even if I am left satisfied) I want something else. One week until we are closed for 10 days. I know that will be a big help.

Everyone else :wave: Hiya

stopeating
12-18-2006, 01:00 PM
Well I did horrible with food this weekend. I can't even begin to guess how much I ate. I snacked and snacked and snacked!!! We had a lot of people over and I started out really well but then it went down hill. My stomache actually hurts today! I had some oatmeal and a banana today at lunch time and it was too much. Why do I do this? Once I start I can't stop. The good news is I only have Christmas Eve and Christmas left for gatherings! I feel so lousy right now I actually can't exercise. :(

Jasmine31
12-18-2006, 02:53 PM
Good morning everyone! I am sorry I have not been around lately. :( I have been busy between buses, kids, cooking, walking, etc. I will try to go back when I get free time to read everything and hopefully comment. I have been doing okay lately, just maintaining thru my b~day week. I did lose the 2 pounds last week by thursady and maintained til sunday, same weight this a.m. thank God. My cals were so low 1200-1300 during the first part of last week that I wanted to end them on a higher note so I could at least get to a 1500 average. Wound up with a 1613 average for the week with the last 3 days being really high. We also celebrated my birthday and got tamales and flour tortillas and banana cream pie over friday and saturday. I stretched it out between those two days and I felt so stuffed! I HATED going to bed like that. I told myself maybe instead of trying to worry about hitting a certain average that I should just listen to my body and try to keep the cals between 1200-1700. Instead of having really low days, then eating like a pig to try to make up for it! Like saturday for instance, now I was not worried about being good mind you cause we were celebrating that day. ;) But I had a tamale and a flour tortilla with a little bit of *butter!!!* NOT cheese *edited* for breakfast. Lunch was ditto.

By dinner I actually wanted pie first! I had a slice and a half. Actually couldn't even finish it it was so sweet! After this I was actually full and honest to God I could of gone to bed without another bite to eat. But the kids wanted dinner and were hungry! So we pulled out the tammales and the beans and the rest of the spanish ricea nd the carnitas. haha

I LOVE tamales and flour tortillas it is not hard for me, when placed in front of me to overeat even when I know I am NOT hungry. I skipped the beans but had 2 more tamales and two more tortillas and some carnitas meat. calorie total = 2303 for the day! Now my "maintenance" cals are 2235 or so. SO not much over but I felt like I gained 10 pounds! I also had coffee and creamer.

The day before was 2176 and I went to bed feeling stuffed too!

Saturday ended that week though and SUnday I wanted to be better. I figured I could stand to do a few low cal days but it was "red meat and potato nite". I decided to wait on the red meat for a few days but still had the mashed potatoes and an ear of corn. I did grab 1.5 pieces of chicken thigh with the skin on it and was irritated to see it is supposedly 20 grams of fat per thigh! That is rediculous!

I had a grilled cheese yesterday for lunch and smoothie for breakfast. I think I would of been fine if I would of stopped there. But we were watching movies and I wound up having 5 cups of popcorn with butter etc...And I don't feel bad about it cause I did lose my 2 last week and I do allow this eating to be livable and all that but I just need to get back on track already and back to losing! I know I can and will. I just need to make us another pot of chili beans. :lol: Those days are low cal days for sure! And my "real b~day" is tomorrow and I am already wanting to go out to eat again! You see that is the problem with the white flour, you have it, then you crave more! DOn't worry though ladies, I will be back on track if nothing else by thursday. As long as I can maintain and get my b~day out of the way I will then still have 4 days left til x~mas! :D

Calejo
12-18-2006, 04:04 PM
I wanted to start by saying I'm sooo sorry for everyone struggling with difficulties this holiday season. I know things can get really hard, and it sucks that it has to hit us at this time of the year... you'll be in my thoughts. :hug:

On a lighter note...

WOOT! I lost the 2 lbs. I gained, then an additional 2 lbs. to boot! :cb: So a total of 4 lbs. this week. If I can hit the 170's by Christmas, I'll be a very happy girl! I'm loving the changes in my physique I'm seeing... my tummy is getting flatter and my thighs and hips are slimming out. It's a long road, but I'm almost at the half-way point! I know I can do it! I just have to take it one day at a time.

JasonsLea
12-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Ennay ~ So sorry about your DS. I hope things get better soon.

LoveandLaugh ~ 27 degrees?! Geez! And no snow? What a crock!

Dolly ~ I know what lipgloss you are talking about. One of my best friends uses it all the time. But I haven't been to B&B in a while and my mama always has a jumbo bag of peppermints so..... My teeth have gotten really sensitive since I'm in the process of getting like 11 cavities filled so I have to carry around a toothbrush and toothpaste and brush as soon as I get done eating. When the peppermint is gone, I usually rinse with warm water, otherwise my teeth would be hurting so bad!

Jeni ~ My main weakness is the muffins and bacon they serve at my job. I get weak just thinking about them.

Congratulations Calejo!

loveandlaughalways
12-18-2006, 11:09 PM
Well hello again to all!!

Jasonlea and Jcat-Although I didn't work in a restaurant there was the cafeteria close by and my main weakness was their breakfast burritos. They were so tasty. I thought I was doing good with ordering one scrambled egg 1 sausage 1 piece of bacon and veggies later finding out they used butter in the veggies and on the grill for the flour tortilla. Still it was extremely hard to stay away. i later had to either avoid them or bring some homemade ones with low calories. i still crave them today not being at work for 8 months. its crazy!!

Calejo-Awesome 4 pounds right before christmas!!!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :D

Dolly-congrats on the 1 pound loss; that is awesome!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :D

Had to give you both the same amount of carrots because you both are worth it!!

martiniforme, jasmine, stopeating, and anyone else struggling with food like me this week-it is the long term we are after; I have to keep reminding myself. We can do this!! and at the end? Well there is no end because we still have to be healthy!! We'll just be a little Hotter doing this than before. Hot & healthy that is what this is all about. :D

martiniforme
12-19-2006, 01:15 AM
dollypie: Way to go on getting so close to your goal this soon! You can totally do this! 151, that is great!!!

stopeating: I know what you mean about being stuffed. In the past I haven't felt the true effects of being "stuffed" until after I've finished eating, but in recent months, it's started to come on, and now all I have to do is actually STOP eating (no pun intended!) when my body says so.

Jasmine: You do so well as it is, I'm not all that worried about the splurges ;) However, I do agree with you when it comes to listening to your bodies. On days when I ingest about 1300-1400 calories, those are the days I am less likely to binge. It's a comfortable place for me, and seems to work. I'm not a compulsive overeater, being I don't eat large amounts on a regular basis, so my body is already used to ingesting less calories than is healthy, it's those occasional binges that kill me! Finding that happy medium has been a huge thing for me. You've got time to work out a comfortable eating habit, and because it's a life goal, test different things out to figure out what works best for you :)

Calejo: Way to go on the loss!!!!

loveandlaughalways: You are so very right. Just because we messed up this last week/weekend, doesn't mean it's all over. We've got a life time in which to work out our niche in the world of food (not exactly a life time, but you get what I'm saying). And really, I feel hotter not for every pound I drop, but for every good decision I make :D

--
Today was... interesting. Haha. MIL and I went to go out of town to pick her dogs up for the kennel (she was out of town for the weekend, and I was unable to dog-sit). They were sooo excited to see her. Now, keep in mind I live in the boonies. So when we go out on a "backroad," it's a lot more "back" than most backroads! We ended up taking a wrong turn, and ended up on an unplowed Rdg Road. We were driving a little 2004 Lancer, so this poses some problems. We managed to get turned around and out of there. Then we stopped in a town on the way home for the bank located there, and got stuck in the snow on the curb! Some man walked by and laughed, but there was a guy decked out in army gear (reserves), and he came to our rescue. Thank goodness! MIL was completely raging at that point. It was a little funny in hind sight. Ended up working at the shop, so missed my lunch, but made up for it with a more "boned up" afternoon snack. Not too bad today. Actually planned my day, which was huge for me.

I think I'll stop by the flower shop on my way to work tomorrow and pick up some flowers for her. Have something nice to look at to boost her spirits/mood.

Trying to learn how to use a 3D Mesh tool (MilkShape 3D). It's driving me crazy. ARG! Haha, but I'll eventually get it. It will be worth the things I can create.

I'll be going out of town on Wednesday, and arriving back home on the night of Christmas Eve. Going to spend some time with my mom and step dad, which will be nice. Got a call from my dad, which are few and far between (he can't help it, long story there). I love hearing from him, I miss him so much. And he's always so down, and I like to think when he talks to me he perks up a bit.

Anyway, this has turned from an update in to a rambling.

Goodnight! Hope everyone had a good day, and has a good day tomorrow!
~Mande

dollypie
12-19-2006, 10:05 AM
Good morning all,

Last night we had a neighborhood Christmas party. It was our first one since we just moved in. One neighbor brought out is outdoor fireplace and we roasted chestnuts. First time for me, they tasted like sweet potatoes to me, but they were good. Everyone brought candy and cookies, I kept my hands away by drinking some hot tea. All the neighborhood kids and then the adults had a Texas snowball fight (we used socks, no snow). Lots of fun and got to meet all of my neighbors.

loveandlaughalways: Thanks for the congrats, it was a total surprise for me wasn't expecting a lose, but I will take it anyday!

martiniforme: That is so sweet of you to get your MIL flowers, they will cheer up anyone

Calejo: Congrats on the non-scale victories and eary Christmas presents! All of your hard work is paying off, you can make to your goal! Keep up the hardwork!

Jasmine: Grilled Cheese sandwiches w/ tomato soup is my favorite comfort food!

loveandlaughalways
12-20-2006, 01:01 AM
Martini-you can ramble anytime. I enjoy reading your posts. I would love to live in the backwoods. So funny how you didn't get stuck until you made it into town. Thank God for the military man!! Was he cute?;) What a good idea to give your mother in law flowers. My father lives in Oregon and visits rarely, but I remember two years ago when he came with my grandmother and I opened the door, I had a overwhelming rush of joy that no one will ever understand. It was the best feeling. I miss them so much. But then I am an emotional person and cry at the drop of a hat, but discretely hide the tears. The only thing keeping me here in California is my husbands job. My brother and whole family live there and in Texas. Enjoy your trip to mom's house.

Dollypie-chestnuts on an open fire; how wonderful. What are chestnuts? I have always wondered and how were they prepared. We sometimes roast marshmellows at home with the openfire and the kids have so much fun. I have to try the Texas snow fight!!! We use marshmellows sometimes but they make a mess and since there is no snow here socks would be great fun!!!:D

Well as for me I am preparing for my youngest sons birthday for this friday and everyone is coming to my house christmas eve to have dinner. At least I will be in control of the food and how it is prepared;)

My work sent me a card today and called me to see if I was coming back. I didn't tell them that I really don't want to come back, but I know at some point I will have to because my husband doesn't quite make enough. So maybe in five years I might be able to stay home with the kids of course my oldest will already be 19 by then. I think he does much better with me here and I can keep a close eye on him. We shall see what God has in store for me; until then I have all of January off for now.

miafluker
12-20-2006, 08:35 AM
good morning everyone looks like you guys are doing great i on the other hand has has a terrible week since Monday and i havent been able to work out a single day this week:?: I even had my hubby make me a strong drink with dr pepper last night hopefully today it will be better

Jasmine31
12-20-2006, 10:19 AM
Well I will have time to get to perosonals later today since my ex's sister called and is actually picking up the kids, first time any contact since the divorce and even before then when we were together she only came out here once. Anyhow I need those of you who pray to please be praying. It turns out he is very sick and has been in and out of the hospital. He is currently "in". He is 34.5 and having heart trouble. They don't know if it is a tumor or a growth or a clot. I guess he also has lupus. :( They are transferring him from one crappy hospital to the best in the state and are having a special team of surgeons to come out. :( She is going to take them to see him today.

We are praying he pulls thru this. She is hoping that if he does she will come get the kids in a few weeks to come see him again. I guess the visit today will be in the day room. No one under 14 allowed in his room. Does anyone know why? Cause I know ICU they don't let kids in but they don't let you out either. Please also be prayiung for his salvation. He did accept when we first got together but then later pretty much renounced it. Only God knows what is in a persons heart, etc. But just in case, that he gets right with God.

Anyhow, Joe and I talked and are going to wait on the Mt thing for now. If he is this sick and she is able to take them to see him even a few times before he passes then that will be great. I know how hard it is losing a parent. If he does pull thru then hey, maybe we will do it then. I am just looking to God for guidance at this point.
:hug:

jcatron243
12-20-2006, 11:47 AM
Wow Jasmine, My prayers are on there way. How are your kids handling it?? Or do they know yet?

Jasmine31
12-20-2006, 11:59 AM
I told them. Unfortunately he has been playing up the poor me ever since the divorce! Every time he did come out telling the kids he is dying etc. It was almost like crying wolf. We knew there were some health issues that had arisen with high blood pressure and his heart but this was when we were splitting up and I would only hear bits and pieces and it just never sounded right. Even his sister didn't believe everything he said. He told her he was in and out of the hospital and she thought it was the mental hospital. She feels bad now for not believeing him and I do feel kind of bad for making light of some things but it is hard to know what to believe with him. I think you guys know what I mean. I keep going over in my head what went wrong. I know he was seriously overweight, like 340. He was 6'4 so he did carry some of it. But he also smoked, he was an otr driver away most of the time always eating unhealthy and never exercising. I do know he also started buying into all that crap they sell truckers to "stay awake". Basically legal speed. I always warned him about it but he wouldn't listen. I really feel that is what contributed to our marriage dissolving. Basically he started having trouble, started having anxiety attacks, high blood preessure, felt like the worlld was caving in on him, instead of getting help, the doc said quit smoking, lose weight, he just kept on and I have had anxiety attacksa this last year and I know what it feels like. I don't get violent with my family and take it out on them though. He just started getting extremely negative, wanted me to go work full time, take care of him and the kids and go to school, and verbally abusive, he started getting violent with us and that is when I left.

When I look back I still don't see anything I could of done differently. Lupus isn't contagious is it? :( I don't think so. He was also taking alot of bayer to thin his blood and was not on any blood pressure medicine(when we were together) I know he was taking naproxen for athletes feet. I just think that all that crap affected his heart. :( I do know in one of our encounters after the split he said something about being on coumarin, or coumadin, I looked it up and it is a rat posion! I dont know what they gave him that for. I do't know what else to say right now. :(

Jasmine31
12-20-2006, 12:01 PM
oH THAT IS THE OTHER THIBNG. i DON'T KNOW IF i MENTIONED IN MY FIRST POST. hIS MOM WAS ALSO EXTREMELY obese(sorry caps) and was using alot of prescription meds and alcohol. His sis told me she thinks she died of a blood clot! That was when she was 34, my ex was 17, he is now 34.5. :(

dollypie
12-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Jasmine, so sorry to here about your ex. I will pray that he pulls through and for your children. Good thinking to stay in Calif until you know more about his health. I sure the children would want to be closer if he is that sick.

Loveandlaughalways: I had never seen a chestnut until the other night as well. It is a pretty good size nut. You score it with a knife a then roast them. Once they are black and cooled you can peel off the shell. They sorta have a taste of a sweet potato, but have the texture of dried/semimoist playdough if that makes any sense. They were okay.

Mia, don't worry it has been super hectic for all of us in this holiday season. Just remember right know your goal can be just to maintain or to only gain a few pounds instead of the holiday bulge. Remember we have to do this the rest of our lives and not just a few weeks. So there will be downtimes but we have to learn to get through them. I am sure you have in the past and will this time too.

Okay why did my co-worker set up a table with all the desserts and such in our office. I don't need the temptation, but I will will. Here I go sprinkling some will power dust over my shoulder.

Jasmine31
12-20-2006, 12:27 PM
As for how the kids, I know my eldest has done her best to block alot of her feelings out. I felt so bad on eyear cause in the beg. of 2005 he gave her his old wedding ring for her b~day. Then they didn't see him but a few times and last was like february then once for a few minutes in july then once the follwoing jan this year and thats it. But he never called for any b~days or x~mas or anything and on january this year she didnt say anything but I noticed that day she was wearing the ring he gave her. :(

Jasmine31
12-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Thanx Dolly! :hug:

Well the sis just called and she needs to wait til her dh gets off work so will come get the kids at 5:00. Fine with me.

Resist the urge for the display table dolly! You can do it! :D

stopeating
12-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Jasmine I really feel for you. :hug: I have an ex who is really good at making the kids feel sorry for him. I never know what to believe and suddenly I find out somethings true and I feel like a heel! The problem is there are so many lies and we are suppose to decipher each? It's up to us to make it the best for our children and they are number one. I hope he pulls out of it for the children's sake. Our family will pray for him...34 is too young.

JasonsLea
12-20-2006, 07:25 PM
Jasmine, sorry about the ex. He seems like a jerk but I hope he pulls through for your kids.

miafluker
12-21-2006, 08:05 AM
good morning everyone! Jasmine i hope your ex does okay for the children
s sake
dollypie thanks i really was starting to get down on myself
im just going to do the best i can for now because we are taking a 14 hour trip tomorrow so ill see how it goes
well off to get ready for work unfort i have to work tomorrow also until 5p:rolleyes:

dollypie
12-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Mia, Have a fun and safe trip!

Just had to stop in and tell everyone that today I reached my New Year's Goal of reaching 150lbs. I am so happy, I think I will really be able to maintain that until New Year's as well. Now it is just 15 more pounds until my goal weight!

stopeating
12-21-2006, 05:26 PM
I would be very happy if I could maintain. To be honost I haven't weighed myself in two weeks because I'm afraid. :( That's how I alway handle bad dieting choices. The holidays have been soooooo rough on me. I threw away a bunch of junk food in the house and then my husband was mad because he came home looking for it.:o He was understanding but a bit irritated. He can't understand why I can't just walk away.

Huge congrats DollyPie!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Miafluker - I wish you a safe trip.:hug:

Calejo
12-21-2006, 06:56 PM
Jasmine31 - BIG HUGS! :hug: I have an ex I can't trust for anything too, so I hear you... and I know this is going to be SO hard on the kids too. You're all in my thoughts.

Dollypie - Great job!

I have been doing ok, but it could be better. I'm trying not to push too hard right now, b/c I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days. I'm staying about the same. I had my first official NSV too! My work pants were dirty and needed to be washed, so I had no time left to get ready and grabbed my old pants (the ones I wore before I started working out) that fit me perfectly. I started my shift and they shifted to my hips. My hips are now the size my waist once was. They were SOOO baggy on me. A few times I had to watch out for them falling off! Eek!

Canuk4
12-22-2006, 01:30 AM
Jasmine, boy can I feel for you, I went through the same thing as well, if I didn't know better, I would of thought it was me writing that, he hurt my kids so many times, in there growing up years, lied to them, I could just go on and on, I feel so bad for you. I will say fortunately for myself and them and I know this will not sound right, but if you had been through it for 32 yrs, the length of time he was in and out of our lives, you would understand. He passed away 18mths ago. It was somewhat difficult on my kids, but when he had his life ins. given to there stepdaughter alone, it helped them remember what a jerk he was. I am just glad he is out of our lives! I will pray for yours though, for your kids sakes as they seem younger then mine, when it happened mine were 26 & 27.

Congrats dollypie for reaching goal before New Years, what a great feeling it must be, and your hard work paid off.

Well I am back from my vacation in Jamica, it was a dream, I wasn't too bad with the eating, got some exercising done climbing some very long steps and in the pool and ocean. Though with my arm and knee, I was limited with that.
Gained everything I lost, but lost 2 lbs since being home, just not eating regularly (Which I know is not how to do it), got a call from a dietican and am set up to start classes for 11 weeks, starting Jan. 16th, only problem is, it is about 8 miles from here, downtown and it is from 8 to 9am, I am not a morning person as I have to take meds to sleep, it is extremely hard for me to get up that early, I am a night owl most nights as well, oh well to learn how to eat to live healthy it is well worth it. My doc. recommended me, I did not even know. I will NOT look a gift horse in the mouth, hopefully I will learn something and maybe I can give you people some help for a change, instead of always taking it. My exercise has also been limited as I screwed my knee up really bad on the trip home, pulling the luggage and going down hill. I got a cortisone shot in my knee today as I could hardly walk and was in tears with the pain, hopefully by Saturday or so it will be in effect.

The big news is my daughter's boyfriend had his angiogram and they had to put in another stent, it is such a blessing he did not go away. He is re-cooping at home and doing well, he is also on new meds which I think are helping as well. So thanks everyone for your good wishes and prayers.

I am also very excited as my son has some loans he owes us for school etc. he payed us enough to pay them back, it won't come off our bank loan, but at least we don't have to go to an institution to borrow more money, we just owe more. I know that is probably kinda mixed up thinking, but it is so important to me to pay them back, they worked really hard to earn the money and now when he is better they can go away and enjoy a well deserved trip. As you might get from this, I don't feel deserving very often.

I would like to download some of the icons and measuring things on the site, but not sure how, could someone help me please?

My son is leaving to go to his girlfriends parents tomorrow till Xmas eve, then not coming home till Xmas day, he has been here most of the day, I think he missed us while we were away and God love him, our plane was delayed twice and we could not let him know as we were on the plane, he waited from 1:30am till 5 am till we got there. I love my kids. "Sometimes"

Congrats to all the losers and good luck to us who are not doing so well!
Sharon

dollypie
12-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Good Morning Chicks,

Well only a half of a day at work today and then off until Jan. 2. Thanks goodness. DH and I are leaving for my inlaws when he get off at 5, so then we will be on the road only three hours though so no bad. We are actually going to stay in there RV because all of the other bedrooms are taken so that could be a good or bad thing, I don't know yet.

Canuk: Glad to hear to had a good trip and your daughter's boyfriend is doing much better. Hopefully your knee will stop hurting soon :^:

Calejo: :carrot: Way to go on the pants! Great Christmas present!:carrot:

stopeating: The holidays are tough, but that is okay you took the iniative and through out the bad stuff. Remember we are all still learning how to deal with having all this great food and desserts around. It will get better :hug:

Jasmine31
12-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Thanx everyone for all the support and prayers! Okay so everything went well for the kids with her picking them up. Joey and I even took the oppurtunity and went out for dinner that nite. Charlie had given her money to get a gift for each of the kids so they were all happy and she got them one as well. She took some pics I seen on her camera phone so I am hoping she can email them to me too. It was a 6 hour surgery they had to put an artificial valve in his heart. STill no word on if it was a tumour or growth or infection etc. I called her this morning and he made it thru okay and he is sleeping and in recovery. Thank God. Hopefully she will keep me informed!

As for food I have been pretty bad lately. The more of that crap you eat the more you want! Ugghhh!!! I am maintaining my loss though and still walking like crazy though. Today I started my pot of chile beans so I am hoping to have a few low cal days before x~mas, I have to look sleek in that little black dress! :lol: And I have cookies to make! I should make the ones with the peanut butter morsels so I will not want any. hahahahaa I just want to look really great that day! Really show off to my family. They have been supprotive and following my progress and the last time I seen them was in Sept or so, whenever I was 234. So 26 pounds more! I keep getting on the scale and it hasn't changed even though quite a few days have been in the mid 2000's!!! Yeah I know, unheard of for me! It is that white flour I tell ya! I did have ONE good day a few days ago that was like 1300 but two days in a row I had 4 glasses of real soda! On my b~day and when we went out to dinner. I even had Carl's Jr. yesterday. :( But I know I will be okay. I really wanted pizza last nite but made chicken and brown rice instead!!

My plan is to be good for a few days, then enjoy x~mas day, then get back on track again. These chili beans will help cause those are always my lowest cal days and believe me right now I can use it! I need to remember to drink plenty of water these next few days too!

All you ladies keep up the great work! We will get thru these holidays! :hug:

Jasmine31
12-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Dolly: That will be a very nice break! Enjoy it!

Jasmine31
12-22-2006, 05:53 PM
Canuk4:

Jasmine, boy can I feel for you, I went through the same thing as well, if I didn't know better, I would of thought it was me writing that, he hurt my kids so many times, in there growing up years, lied to them, I could just go on and on, I feel so bad for you. I will say fortunately for myself and them and I know this will not sound right, but if you had been through it for 32 yrs, the length of time he was in and out of our lives, you would understand. He passed away 18mths ago. It was somewhat difficult on my kids, but when he had his life ins. given to there stepdaughter alone, it helped them remember what a jerk he was. I am just glad he is out of our lives! I will pray for yours though, for your kids sakes as they seem younger then mine, when it happened mine were 26 & 27.

Oh my gosh canuk! I didn't know! *great big hugz* What did he pass on of? That is terrible him doing that to his kids! The way I see it sometimes it feels like Joey gets all the work and no credit, ya know? Kind of like once a year this jerk pops in to the picture and that is their "real dad" and joey has been the one here thru thick and thin and everything. I told C.j. that they are both "dads" one is not any more "real" than the other. I think you know what I mean w/out having to ecxplain everything. I know that Joe and I are these kids saving grace and that their other dad will not be there for them only on the "poor me" holidays. Even with being sick and in and out of the hospital, I do know he had been up in our area, remember the police report not along ago? And he DOES have a car, it won't fit all of them to go somewhere but to stop and visit yes it does. DId your kids have a stepdad or anyone else to lean on? I figure when they grow up they will realize who was there and who wasn't. Even when him and I were "together" he was gone all the time! It was too much to ask for him to even get a lowpaying job so he could be home with us. Joe may have a crummy job but there is love, attention, and care there. He is always focused on me and the kids and I feel complete. I never felt that way with my ex at all he was ALWAYS leaving! and always making up excuses why he couldn't be home with us. I eventually stopped caring!

Don't even get me started on how he sent the cops to my door trying to stir up trouble with false accusations the day we buried my mom! He did it on purpose that day! Or him calling my dad on his cell and threatening to cut his other foot off!

*stop now, stop now* :lol:

Well I am back from my vacation in Jamica, it was a dream, I wasn't too bad with the eating, got some exercising done climbing some very long steps and in the pool and ocean. Though with my arm and knee, I was limited with that.
Gained everything I lost, but lost 2 lbs since being home, just not eating regularly (Which I know is not how to do it), got a call from a dietican and am set up to start classes for 11 weeks, starting Jan. 16th, only problem is, it is about 8 miles from here, downtown and it is from 8 to 9am, I am not a morning person as I have to take meds to sleep, it is extremely hard for me to get up that early, I am a night owl most nights as well, oh well to learn how to eat to live healthy it is well worth it. My doc. recommended me, I did not even know. I will NOT look a gift horse in the mouth, hopefully I will learn something and maybe I can give you people some help for a change, instead of always taking it. My exercise has also been limited as I screwed my knee up really bad on the trip home, pulling the luggage and going down hill. I got a cortisone shot in my knee today as I could hardly walk and was in tears with the pain, hopefully by Saturday or so it will be in effect.

I am so glad you went! There is always time to work on losing so just get back on the wagon with me girl! I hope your knee is okay!

The big news is my daughter's boyfriend had his angiogram and they had to put in another stent, it is such a blessing he did not go away. He is re-cooping at home and doing well, he is also on new meds which I think are helping as well. So thanks everyone for your good wishes and prayers.

That is great sweetie!!! PTL!!

I am also very excited as my son has some loans he owes us for school etc. he payed us enough to pay them back, it won't come off our bank loan, but at least we don't have to go to an institution to borrow more money, we just owe more. I know that is probably kinda mixed up thinking, but it is so important to me to pay them back, they worked really hard to earn the money and now when he is better they can go away and enjoy a well deserved trip. As you might get from this, I don't feel deserving very often.

That is great! I am sure you will feel much better knowing that! :D

Jasmine31
12-22-2006, 06:06 PM
Calejo:

Jasmine31 - BIG HUGS! I have an ex I can't trust for anything too, so I hear you... and I know this is going to be SO hard on the kids too. You're all in my thoughts.

Thanx sweetie!!

have been doing ok, but it could be better. I'm trying not to push too hard right now, b/c I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days. I'm staying about the same. I had my first official NSV too! My work pants were dirty and needed to be washed, so I had no time left to get ready and grabbed my old pants (the ones I wore before I started working out) that fit me perfectly. I started my shift and they shifted to my hips. My hips are now the size my waist once was. They were SOOO baggy on me. A few times I had to watch out for them falling off! Eek!

hahahah That is great!!! I love when that happens! I got stuff now I don't even need to unzip or nothing, just pull em up! haha But I like stuff to be form fitting so dont wear that stuff often.

stopeating:

I would be very happy if I could maintain. To be honost I haven't weighed myself in two weeks because I'm afraid. That's how I alway handle bad dieting choices. The holidays have been soooooo rough on me. I threw away a bunch of junk food in the house and then my husband was mad because he came home looking for it. He was understanding but a bit irritated. He can't understand why I can't just walk away.

Well maybe take a break and get back on it after the holidays!

dollypie:

Just had to stop in and tell everyone that today I reached my New Year's Goal of reaching 150lbs. I am so happy, I think I will really be able to maintain that until New Year's as well. Now it is just 15 more pounds until my goal weight!

That is awesome! You are doing great!!

miafluker:

good morning everyone! Jasmine i hope your ex does okay for the children
s sake

Thanx Mia!! Dont get down on yourself. The holidays will be over soon!

JasonsLea:

Jasmine, sorry about the ex. He seems like a jerk but I hope he pulls through for your kids.

Thanx hun! Yeah if she ever sends me pics Ill post em! :lol:

stopeating:

Jasmine I really feel for you. I have an ex who is really good at making the kids feel sorry for him. I never know what to believe and suddenly I find out somethings true and I feel like a heel! The problem is there are so many lies and we are suppose to decipher each? It's up to us to make it the best for our children and they are number one. I hope he pulls out of it for the children's sake. Our family will pray for him...34 is too young.

Thanx sweetie! Yeah he is the same way. Even his own sis didn't believe him!! :hug:

Canuk4
12-23-2006, 12:10 AM
Good evening my dear friends, it is so good to be able to chat with you all and about so many things, mainly our weight and exercise, but also our ups and downs.

Jasmine I am glad your X pulled through the surgery, I am sure you will know more in a few days, re his condition and the cause. It is so great the kids got presents from the both of them, I really hope you get those pictures and can post them.

My kids have a step father and they are very close to him, especially my son, even though he is 28, his Dad comes and coaches his hockey team and Brent loves it, they talk about it alot. My daughter always respects him and they have always called him Dad, (except when she is mad at him, then it is Dave), that was awhile ago though. My X was really good at putting me down to them and somehow getting me involved in his debts, even after we split. He was extremely lazy and had me going back from maternity leave early, as he went out and bought a new car, of course we did not have the money to cover it, that was just one stunt. Oh well it is over and done with now. He died of a heart attack, but under suspicious circumstances, he was a nurse and two of his co-workers went to his apartment and found him dead in bed, he took drugs etc. and had told his daughter where everything was two days before, in case something happened to him, just a little fishy and his second wife and the daughter went to the apartment before my kids got there and took alot of his jewellery etc. a will was made, but the second wife could not find hers and his was no-where to be found. But the life ins. from the hospital went to my kids stepsister, it does not sit right with the rest of us.

Well I was down a pound today, did some shopping and hobbled home after that, we still have to do the tree and put up our decorations, but at least the meal is planned and food bought. The gifts are bought as well, can't help but feel I have missed buying for someone.

I hope the baby got over the croup! That is so scary for the parents.

Well my daughter's boyfriend went to the heart doc today, his blood work came back great, he is off till the 2nd of Jan. and then will be on light duty at work till his next appt. Feb. 22nd. My daughter says he is doing great.

Keep your chin up Jasmine, I am so glad you have met someone who really cares for you and can meet your needs. Not lie and walk out the door and be out of your and the kids life most of the time. Take care and try and coast for now.

Sharon

stopeating
12-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Good morning everyone! I've got to get the store and buy stuff for the christmas meal. We are going to visit the in-laws today. They are very sweet elderly people and it's not all that easy for them to get around so I'm not sure if they will be coming to christmas dinner. I hope so. My step-children came last night and opened their presents. They are a huge story and one day I will have to share it with you, it's actually pretty sad (sigh). But anyway, they seemed happy with their gifts, but its hard to tell because they are never "filled" on the inside and desire so much. I will write later today.

Food terrible!!!!!:(

Hun.e.B
12-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Just popping in to say Merry Christmas ladies! I'm sorry I'm such a flake this past week. I really havent been working on me at all. Its been the farthest thought from my mind. I foolishly got into the New Years restart mindset. I feel awful. No sense beating myself up now right. I do plan on getting in a couple of walks this coming week though. I've just got to find a schedule for the gym its gonna be my therapy since the kids are out of school all week.

Anyway I check on you guys often and you are doing so well! I'm so proud of you all!! Have a very very Merry Christmas!!

~melissa

Calejo
12-23-2006, 10:02 PM
Argh!!! I've been doing terribly this week with my eating. Nothing extraordinary, but not great either. Slipping up quite a bit. My life has been going through the ringer between the newly developed custody study I'll have to go through now, a work force program I'm working with and the holidays. All very stressful and hectic and I hope to god it all calms down and evens out quick (but in a good way)! I've been a bit lazy this last week too I have to admit and I believe I'm due for a visit from TOM anyday now. We'll see what happens at weigh-in. I think I may be biting off more than I can chew with my goals in general. Any thoughts or insights? Time to re-evaluate maybe?

Calejo
12-23-2006, 10:04 PM
BTW, I've already tweaked my goal for Dec. to match what I hope I can actually achieve (I think).

Jasmine31
12-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Canuk4:

Good evening my dear friends, it is so good to be able to chat with you all and about so many things, mainly our weight and exercise, but also our ups and downs.

Definately. You all are the best! :hug:

Jasmine I am glad your X pulled through the surgery, I am sure you will know more in a few days, re his condition and the cause. It is so great the kids got presents from the both of them, I really hope you get those pictures and can post them.

Yeah I am going to probably send an email to her after the holidays and ask for the pics! After that i am going to not call or anything, lets see if they do anything else. My bestfriend who we talk once every few months now and live 70 miles apart was really disgusted with him not taking part in their lives, cause like I said he did have a car once he got ssi and he had been rumored to be in the area many times, i.e. my friend and her cop dh. :lol: Julie said something like I just think he didn't want to bopther. *rolls eyes* Anyhow my best friend said it seems to her that he will come around on all the pooor me holidays like x~mas and his b~day! And you know what, the only other call I got all year was from his bestfriends sis around his b~day, her calling to ask if SHE could have the kids to come for her kids b~day party! I told her sorry we are celebrating Karolina's b~day that weekend! Andd she was like well charlie hasn't seen the kids in forever, I said, oh, well you have HIM call me and make arrangements!(NOT HER!!! who the heck does she think she is calling and asking for my kids!?! she isn't even family of theirs!!) SHe said well his car isnt big enough so we need you to bring them, I told her I don't even have a car! But he is more than welcome to have them or come visit whenever he likes! *sigh*

I'll talk at ya ladies more later but my dh is rushing me! We need to go get the rental van! Merry X~mas everyone!!!

stopeating
12-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Merry Christmas Eve everyone!:) I'm sitting here eating a cookie and getting ready for a gathering tonight. :D When will these cookies be gone???? I know when I eat them all!:o Anyway just kidding, but I really wanted to wish everyone a wonderful holiday. :hug:

ennay
12-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Merry Xmas! I got out of touch for awhile and overwhelmed by the posts but I am still mostly back on track.

I have got to figure out what to do when my exercise gets sidelined. I am DEFINITELY one of those people who has exercise controlled depression. And it takes quite a bit of INTENSE exercise too. So when my exercise got sidelined the last 2 weeks with my son's illness, by the end of last week I was a basket case. - Hence my dropping out of this particular thread...dont ask me why but depression makes me do that. Ignore the people who could give me support.

Got my 3rd run in 3 days in this morning and I am starting to feel human again.

I do have to figure out a strategy for dealing when I cant exercise. Last year I sprained my ankle very badly..couldnt walk, run, swim or bike with it and it took about 3 months to heal....and by the end I was on the verge of divorce I was so freaking out of control.

Well I guess I'll take this thread over to the depression thread see if they have any ideas!

Anyway a very merry Xmas to all.

Calejo
12-24-2006, 07:22 PM
Ennay, I am sorry to hear you're not feeling your best and I hope you feel better soon.

And to all of us... :snowglo: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!:gift2:

Jasmine31
12-26-2006, 12:15 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1506070#post1506070

Everyone come join the new thread!