* Exported from MasterCook *
Angels on Horseback - 1 Point
Recipe By :Readers Digest
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:15
Categories : Appetizers Christmas
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
12 oysters in shells
Coarse rock salt or aluminum foil
3 slices lean bacon
2 tablespoons minced parsley
1 clove garlic -- (minced)
1/4 cup dry white wine -- (with or without
12 drops hot red pepper sauce
1. Buy the oysters the day you plan to cook. Ask your fishmonger to shuck them, leaving them on the half shell and reserving the liquor. Cover the oysters and liquor and refrigerate.
2. Preheat the broiler. Line a broiling pan or shallow baking pan with the rock salt or a layer of crushed foil. Cut each slice of bacon in half crosswise, then lengthwise. In a small bowl, mix the parsley with the garlic.
3. Place the oysters in their shells in the prepared pan. Top each oyster with a piece of bacon, then about 1/2 teaspoon of the parsley mixture. Top each oyster with a little white wine, oyster liquor, and a drop of red pepper sauce. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 3 minutes or until the oysters curl at the edges and the bacon browns. Serve immediately. Makes 12 appetizers.
Serving size (1 oyster)
According to the cookbook:
Per serving: Cal 23, Fat 1g (Sat Fat 0g), Protein 2g, Carb 1g, Fiber 0g, Sod 45mg Chol 9mg
Weight Watcher Points: 1
"Oysters curl as they cook, resembling angel wings and giving this New
Orleans appetizer its name."
"Down Home Cooking Cookbook: The New Healthier Way"
"Readers Digest 1995; ISBN 0895776464"
Start to Finish Time:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : Downloaded from: http://www.readersdigest.com/feature...pes/angels.htm
on 11/18/99. MC formatted (using MC-TagIt) by Pamela S. on 11/18/99. REG 6 shared by Pamela S. from WI. USA on 11/23/99.